Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Revenge, Teen Wolf, Under the Dome, POI, True Blood, Suits and More

Revenge teen Wolf True Blood SpoilersWill Revenge do the time warp? Will a Teen Wolf life be taken? What’s going on Under the Dome? Will a Person of Interest return? Is a Castle triangle brewing? Read on for answers to those questions plus teases from other shows.

RELATED | Revenge Season 3: Victoria’s Estranged Son – 7 Admittedly Genius Casting Suggestions

Some scoop on what’s to come on Revenge would be nice! I’m burning to find out what’s going to happen next, after that finale. –iMember
Welllll… you might not find out what happens immediately next, since I’m hearing that a five-month time jump will have taken place when Season 3 opens, affording Jack opportunity to process Emily’s bombshell and for Victoria to reconnect some with her long-lost, yet-to-be-cast son Patrick.

Please, please, please — any Teen Wolf scoop? I’ll be your best friend forever. Or at least make you some chocolate chip cookies. – S.
You may want to hold off on getting your sticks of butter to room temperature, since I’m about to drop this on you: The July 15 episode, titled “Currents,” will see the death of a major character.

I have been hooked already by Under the Dome. Can you shed any light on why Barbie killed Julia’s husband? –Cinders
I cannot, but Mike Vogel, who plays the mysterious drifter, can. Sort of. “Tune in to this week’s episode, because it will answer a lot of things. But it’ll also, because of those things, keep Barbie tap dancing even more,” he tells TVLine. “But you’re definitely going to get some answers as to the whole Barbie/Julia’s husband thing.”

RELATED | Under the Dome Blows the Roof Off the Place, Most Watched Summer Debut Since ’07

Is there any chance Amy Acker and Sarah Shahi might both become regulars on Person of Interest? I just loved the dynamic of that foursome in the season finale, and really like both actresses in their respective roles. Please say it is so! –Caro
Just days after you sent question, Shahi was announced as a series regular for Season 3. As for Acker, we caught up with her Wednesday night at the Saturn Awards, and while she has yet to hear from the show let alone see a new script, she likes Root’s chances for a return. “I was really happy that I got the phone call [from The Machine] at the end,” she said, “so I feel like they have to at least bring me back.” Speaking of the startling phone call, Acker reckons it confirms that “The Machine and Root have a very special connection — at least in her mind. So it’s either perpetuating her fantasies by calling her or [something else]!” As for mixing it up with Shahi’s Shaw some more, Acker effused, “She’s so great, I would love to torture her again any day.”

In the second episode of True Blood Season 6, I sensed a little sexual tension between Sam and the new character, Nicole. Could Nicole possibly be Sam’s new love interest or will he be taking a break from the ladies after the death of Luna? –Rashad
Granted, Luna’s body is barely cold, but yes, things do seem heading that way – especially since Nicole’s current beau runs into some bad luck this Sunday while Sam makes a bold choice to run to the new gal’s rescue when the wolf pack runs amok. Oh, and there’s this: The official logline for the July 7 episode reads: “Sam and Nicole make a connection.” Case closed!

Any news on what’s ahead for Castle’s Esplanie? –Alyssa
Remember how series boss Andrew W. Marlowe told me he wants to deliver “some hallmarks” for the Espo/Lanie romance in Season 6? You can imagine how delighted Tamala Jones was when we relayed the scoop. “Amen to that!” she responded with a laugh. Offering up some “hallmark” ideas, she went on to say, “I would like to see them have a steamy romance that’s hidden once again from everyone, and somehow they get busted kissing in a closet at work or something. But we’ve teased fans enough. Andrew’s very genius when it comes to ‘putting a little leg out’ and taking it back in, but we’re ready for the leg to come back out now.” Then again, maybe a third party could get involved, seeing as how Javy was eyeballing the cute computer tech gal at season’s end. “He was all up on her, wasn’t he?” Jones remarks. “As a fan, I didn’t like that. And I know Lanie wouldn’t like that either!”

Have you heard anything yet about the Continuum finale? –Rory
Asked to tease the Season 2 finale, which airs Stateside in late August, Lexa Doig, who plays Liber8’s Sonya, shared, “We all got very good at miming. And that’s all I’m going to say.” In the more immediate future, Doig previewed the arrival of The Freelancers (a group that will “raise a lot more questions” and provide “an extra ingredient into the soup that messes everything up”) and teased, without naming names, “a guest performance that is absolutely out-of-this-world amazing.”

RELATED | NCIS to Fill in the Blanks and More Scoop via Matt’s Inside Line

NCIS starts shooting in a few weeks. Any info on whether Cote de Pablo will be with us for Season 11? I’m really starting to stress out about this. –Emily
You and me both. I gotta be honest, I’ve been working the phones and the cone of silence surrounding this sitch is growing… conspicuous. After all, it’s not like Ziva was left dangling from the ledge of a skyscraper and it’d be a massive spoiler to say De Pablo was on board to return. Then again, show boss Gary Glasberg did say (way back in April), “I’m confident that things will work out” with her deal. We shall see!

I’ve heard the next episode of Switched at Birth is not to be missed — and that gets me worried. Anything to spoil? –Diane
“There’s some crazy twist ending in the next episode,” Katie LeClerc told us at the Saturn Awards. “One that turns the family on its head.”

Any Drop Dead Diva scoop? –Lori
Just this casting vittle: Dallas Cowboys cheerleader-turned-actress Abigail Klein (CSI, 90210) will guest star in Episode 7 as a beauty pageant contestant who sues the pageant’s owner.

RELATED | Save the Dates: Your July Calendar of More than 70 Premieres and Finales

Can we please get more Louis backstory this season on Suits? –Brandon
“As I see it, Louis is such an open book that any story involving him involves some element of backstory,” answers series creator Aaron Korsh. “However, as far as specific Louis information, there are facts about his life peppered into the season.”

Do you have any scoop on the upcoming Suits season (premiering July 16)? So excited that it’s starting up again! –Melissa
What if I told you that a character you didn’t know was gay, is?

If there’s a summer or fall show you’d like the Inside Line on, email InsideLine@tvline.com! (With reporting by Meg Masters and Vlada Gelman)

Comments (112)

• My guess is that the show picks up months later but also flashes back to the moment Emily told Jack. I just don’t see them robbing fans of that fallout.

Comment by dude – June 27, 2013 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, I agree. I’m not surprised about the time jump since every season is supposed to take place during summer at the Hamptons and last season ended in November based on the Revenge timeline. They’ll have plenty of flashbacks, I’m sure!

Comment by iMember – June 27, 2013 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Intrigued by your Suits scoop! Will we find out in the first episode or not until later in the season? Can’t wait for July 16!

Comment by Katie – June 27, 2013 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I predict Jessica.

Comment by Mel – June 28, 2013 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Except she was married to that guy with ….was it Parkinsons? I honestly cant think of a character that we dont know for a fact their sexual orientation. Maybe Katrina Bennett? The blonde who Harvey had to hire cause of Mike? Shes new but seems to be a constant character, we know basically nothing about her (especially sexual orientation/dating history). But everyone else we know has been with someone of the opposite sex (so not Gay, he didnt say Bi).
        I mean go down the list of all the main and supporting cast and we know they all are straight/bi except Harold (but hes SO a low level character) and Katrina. I would say i could see it being Donna except the whole her being in love with Harvey. And i think peppered in has been little comments about how she has dated or likes men or w/e. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1632701/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

Comment by M3rc Nate – June 30, 2013 12:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Define “major character” on Teen Wolf? Series regular? One of the parents? Greenberg (they’d never have to cast him then)?

Comment by Bamabunny – June 27, 2013 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think it might be Danny, Peter, or Boyd. They’re all major enough, except maybe Danny.

Comment by Mike R. – June 27, 2013 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Please don’t let it be Danny. He is awesome, I want him to have a bigger story for he bites the dust

Comment by EWJ – June 27, 2013 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i hope its not Danny. the scene where he offered to take Stiles virginity was hilarious! I love Danny. also hoping its not Isaac!

Comment by Elyse – June 27, 2013 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Pretty positive it’s gonna be Scott’s mom. As much as I love her and hope she doesn’t die (like the trailer spoiled) it’ll probably be her. Unless that was a fake out and Scott was “dreaming”. But my money is on her.

Comment by Michael Beechan – June 27, 2013 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • If it is Mama McCall, which would be heartbreaking, I hope we see Sheriff Stilinski become a surrogate(is that the right word?) father of sorts to Scott.

Comment by Mike R. – June 27, 2013 02:34 PM PDT
          • I think Jeff has stated in one of his Q&A’s on the Teen Wolf Tumblr that she has some excellent stuff in 3.10, so I don’t think it’s her.

Comment by Ashley – June 27, 2013 02:36 PM PDT
          • That’s a relief.

Comment by Mike R. – June 27, 2013 02:43 PM PDT
        • It better not be Isaac. I’m hoping Boyd since he doesn’t add much to the story at this point.

Comment by Steven – June 27, 2013 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Now that I’m thinking about it Mama McCall is another likely candidate, but I don’t think it will be a series regular. I hope it is not Mama McCall or Danny, but I need a better definition of major character.

Comment by Mike R. – June 27, 2013 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Definitely can’t be Danny. Due to the show’s continuous shortchanging of his character, he can’t be termed “major” yet, and didn’t the creator of the show say he’s gonna have some love interest with one of the twins? That hasn’t happened yet, so he stays alive for now

Comment by Bryan – July 2, 2013 03:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have a feeling Deaton is going to be in danger…well that isn’t a guess its in the episode description. His name is mentioned in the second to last episode but now that I think it says something about Scott trying to follow his advice which might be given sooner. I think the next victim category is going to be healers and we might be too worried about Melissa during the event (there is an episode entirely about hallucinations where I am guessing Scott sees Deucalion hurting Melissa).

Comment by kate – June 27, 2013 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think that character we didn’t know was gay…is Donna.I mean, she said she never hook up with Harvey and until now we never seen her with a man or any date, the show never entered her personal life.

Comment by Douglas from Brazil – June 27, 2013 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought that at first when I heard it since we haven’t seen much of her backstory, but then again I really think she does love Harvey.

Comment by A – June 27, 2013 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I just down loaded and watched (from Samsung) a mini-suits thing and implied Donna was quite into men. (But maybe she’s bi? She does have a thing for Rachel).

Comment by Casketforever – June 27, 2013 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jessica.

Comment by atruekarmalife (@atruekarmalife) – June 27, 2013 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i’m thinking jessica if it’s a main character they’ve show less of her personal life than anyone else i’d be pretty shocked if it was donna she is clearly into harvey

Comment by Estee – June 27, 2013 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • *shown

Comment by Estee – June 27, 2013 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Lol Jessica has a ex husband.

Comment by M3rc Nate – June 30, 2013 12:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Just because she has an ex-husband doesn’t mean she’s not gay. That’s probably why she has an ex. LOL

Comment by Mel – June 30, 2013 07:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Except in the episode it was quite clear there will still feelings, an attraction, and she was super hurt when she learned he had been with that new woman before the divorce.

Comment by M3rc Nate – June 30, 2013 12:41 PM PDT
    • It isn’t Donna. There’s something there between Donna and Harvey. If I’m wrong, I’ll eat my shoes.

Comment by Esaul – June 27, 2013 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Typical, Revenge. I don’t know what it is with that show and time jumps. I’d like to see a season premiere that actually shows the immediate fallout from their season finale. Hopefully they straighten up this upcoming season and make the show good again. The season finale was their “saving grace”, so they have a lot to live up to.

Can’t wait for True Blood! I know there a lot of people who think this season sucks, but I realize this kind of show is just a FUN type of show. I don’t expect much but I’m excited to see Anna Camp’s return. I’d love for her and Steve to get a good scene.

Comment by Andrew – June 27, 2013 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Let’s see, based on the Revenge timeline the season finale took place during November. Since this show is always going to be taglined as “summer in the Hamptons” we’re always going to have a time jump to the start of summer every season.

What I believe the writers WILL do however is give us a lot of flashbacks of the fallout. I don’t think they’ll rob us of that.

Comment by iMember – June 27, 2013 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • whats a “major” character? hmmm could be anymore.

Comment by Ash – June 27, 2013 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m gonna be so pissed if we are robbed from seeing that Jack and Emily fallout from the reveal. A time jump would be such a cop out. They better include flashbacks if they decide to do it.

I love Amy Acker/Root. Can’t wait till she returns to POI! Also can we please get Paige Turco back as well?

For the Suits scoop, the only person that I did think could be gay when I first started watching the show was Louis, but after two seasons I really can’t think of who unless its him maybe.

Comment by A – June 27, 2013 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For Suits — What about Jessica? Have we ever seen her with a man?

Comment by HarveyGirl – June 27, 2013 02:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was thinking (hoping?) Jessica! Hopefully it isn’t Louis because for some reason that feels a little…obvious? If it’s any other of the main characters I’ll be extremely happy though :)

Comment by robin – June 27, 2013 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I doubt it’s Louis, after everything with Sheila Zass last year! I wouldn’t be surprised if its a non-regular character, not there’s many…. How about Varys? I forget his name on Suits, but the Brit guy who bought the firm….

Comment by Dizzle – June 27, 2013 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • something like that would not surprise me in the least not only did louis have all that stuff with sheila but he hits on donna almost every single time he talks to her lol

Comment by Estee – June 27, 2013 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, we saw her ex-husband in season 1.

Comment by Cynthia – June 27, 2013 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • We did see her ex-husband, but who knows what was the reason for them breaking up, huh? :P
        I don’t think it’s Jessica, but it would be great if it was =D

Comment by Kat – June 27, 2013 02:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Should I feel badly that I just don’t care about Esposito and Lanie’s relationship? I like the characters, but the only relationship I care about is Castle and Beckett’s. I would much prefer any time spent on relationships to be theirs!

Comment by Kate – June 27, 2013 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree. I feel it’s such a waste when people ask for Esplanie scoop.

Comment by martina – June 27, 2013 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thank God… I thought I was on my own on this…

Comment by Viviane – June 27, 2013 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Please stop being so selfish, people. Esplanie has fans too, damn. And if they ask questions, there’s a reason to that : They love and need more of them next season. Thanks Matt for answering Esplanie scoops!

Comment by Marine – June 27, 2013 03:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Seriously, and thank you. Castle isn’t just about two people. And I cover ‘Caskett’ plenty.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – June 27, 2013 04:19 PM PDT
          • HOnestly you guys need to chill. With the state Caskett was left in Watershed, its really hard to tease about them without giving too much away. All the Esplainie scoop…well good for their fans. So its ok, no need to bash anyway. Chill!

Comment by Tam – June 27, 2013 04:58 PM PDT
          • Exactly. I’m a fan of all the main characters, and since there’s not a ton to say about Caskett right now for obvious reasons, why not Esplanie? When they flirt it’s kinda hot so I say more please. Bringing back the computer tech lady for any reason would be great. She stood out to the point that people online were commenting during the episode that they hoped she’d be back.

Comment by scooby – June 27, 2013 06:01 PM PDT
    • I feel the same way, Kate. Like Esposito and Lanie, but this is about Castle and Beckett:)

Comment by Guadalupe – June 27, 2013 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No the show is about everyone. While I love Caskett as much as any shipper, the show would never have made it without Susan, Molly, Reuben, Tamala, Jon and Seamus. And thanks for the coverage Matt — Castle has been my favorite show for the past five years.

Comment by Georgia Madman – June 28, 2013 03:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Amen to this :) the show is about everybody and I’m very excited for more Esplanie.

Comment by Marine – June 28, 2013 04:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I swear as a huge Castle/Caskett fan most of the online fandom is a bunch of whiners and complainers and are hardly ever satisfied. Marlowe can do no right to some of them. There are more than 2 characters on the show. We also aren’t going to get much Caskett scoop for very obvious reasons. Oh, well. I love my Caskett and Esplainie, and Ryan/Jenny, Martha/Castle, Alexis/Castle, Beckett/Lanie, Beckett/Espo, Ryan/Castle, Beckett/Gates, Gates/Castle, Gates/Castle/Beckett, Martha/Alexis, Beckett/Martha, Castle/Perlmutter, Perlmutter/Beckett, Perlmutter/Ryan/Espo and Castle, Beckett, Alexis, Martha, Lanie, Espo, Ryan, Gates, Perlmutter, Jenny… honestly I just love the show Castle! I hate when this fandom complains incessantly about any and everything from the lighting on the show to “passion” (even kissing in front of his mom/daughter “lacked passion” WTF??! Sorry. The show is too good for all the negativity it gets from the “fans” of the show on almost every Castle forum!

Comment by Caskettfan – June 28, 2013 10:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m hoping that, seeing as she’s already dead and with the wording of the scoop, that the major death on Teen Wolf will be a flashback to how Erica died. After all, it’s been said that we’ll see her again this season, we know next to nothing about what’s happened in the vault for those three months or what happened to her… as much as I liked Erica, I really hope that’s what it is and Jeff’s not about to take away someone else from us!

Comment by Ashley – June 27, 2013 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow wow wow!!!!! Espo better not having a thing with that pretty tech girl…that would be cruel towards Esplanie fans…we’re just waiting for a normal storyline, not always issues…and we didn’t have much since season 4…Come on Andrew!

Comment by Marine – June 27, 2013 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So any reports I read about Cote de Pablo back on for this season should be considered false? I read someone from the show stating that she was back, or something like that. I wish I remembered the wording.

Comment by Esaul – June 27, 2013 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There was a post on her fake facebook page saying she would be back but that is not her real page. Someone likes to pretend to her and post false stuff.

Comment by Amber – June 27, 2013 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah I didn’t see it on her page, but that’s where the info could’ve came from. Glad to see an update on her status, even though it isn’t good news (yet).

Comment by Esaul – June 27, 2013 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hate Summer!!! There are good shows, but too few of them. And the scoop for Fall shows is practically non-existant nor actually interesting… Only 1 more month to go! (And a dreadful year for GoT)

Comment by Avery – June 27, 2013 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sorry you feel that way Avery. Over the past few years I have LOVED summer TV! Dexter, True Blood, Breaking Bad, Falling Skies, Under the Dome, Covert Affairs, Suits, Necessary Roughness, Franklin & Bash, and am really looking forward to seeing what Low Winter Sun and The Bridge is about and don’t forget Broadchurch on BBC.

Comment by Mel – June 28, 2013 08:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nice to know there’s still hope that cdp will NOT be around in S11. Not having her around will make watching S11 more desirable

Comment by ann – June 27, 2013 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Anna, we all know you’ll continue watching when she comes back for yet another season. After all, what would you do with all of that spare time you use to constantly bash her?

Comment by SAM – June 27, 2013 06:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Sorry my name is Ann but you were close. It must have been an accident on your part. As far as the show is concerned, it is a sad moment of realization to see that it is impossible to continue to watch a much-love programme due to the overall actions of one character who is not the main star. The show will be missed but there are plenty of activities that beckon.

Comment by ann – June 29, 2013 05:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lol you wish. I’m not worried and I don’t know why on Earth she shouldn’t be back. Like it or no, she’s part of the show’s success and “Ziva’s not replaceable” :) I’m positive CBS will not make the same disaster they did with Criminal Minds all over again.

Comment by Gaara – June 27, 2013 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She’s mentioned several times wanting to be married and settling down.It is possible she might want a reduced role and the show does not want her in a reduced capacity.

Comment by Marissa – June 28, 2013 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aye yi yi — this is getting worrisome about Cote de Pablo! I was about to send in a question asking the exact same thing, so I am glad I read this, but at the same time NOT. I caught the CBS ad on TV the other night and there was Ziva clearly highlighted as a member of the number 1 show on TV. CBS had better live up to their word! Don’t screw things up!

Comment by Claire – June 27, 2013 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the POI scoop!

Comment by Holly – June 27, 2013 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Root and Amy Acker, but I don’t think her character should be a regular. I love how she can disappear for a long time, and then pop up again when you least expect it. Now all I want to know is Paige Turco going to be back as Zoe sometime in season 3?

Comment by Kel – June 27, 2013 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The 100 won’t start until midseason, and I don’t know the timeline of when midseason shows begin filming, but I would love to see Paige again as Zoe. Amy Acker/Root should not be a regular. For the most part villians aren’t regulars on tv shows, although there are a few shows that do have some (i.e. Grimm).

Comment by LLL – June 27, 2013 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Or Sark in the middle years of Alias. Actually, Acker was a villain regular for most of the final season!

Comment by J – June 27, 2013 09:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hannibal is another example

Comment by A – June 27, 2013 10:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Love, love, love Paige Turco. I second the request for more Paige. She makes Reese squirm and it just cracks me up.

Comment by georgiamadman – June 28, 2013 03:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t know where else they can take Ziva. Her whole family is already dead, unless tptb decide to kill off her neighbor’s, cousin’s, best friend’s goldfish, there’s really not a lot of tragedy left for her and seriously, besides the heavy handed tiva moments, without the angst riddled, wobbly lipped, tragic drama rama fest – there is absolutely nothing else for her to bring to the table.
    Stick a fork in her – she’s done.

Comment by AC – June 27, 2013 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Prediction: Ziva gets a bad haircut on the season premiere, finally snaps, and is sent to an institution, all while screaming, “WHY, MR. GOLDFISH, WHY?!?!?!?!”

Comment by Sheila – June 27, 2013 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Prediction: She comes back and all of those who spend their spare time complaining about her secretly rejoice as they won’t have to look for something else to take up that spare time.

Comment by SAM – June 27, 2013 06:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What are you going to do when she comes back for yet another season?

Comment by SAM – June 27, 2013 06:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What are you going to do when she doesn’t?

Comment by Lillian – June 27, 2013 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Nothing. Won’t have to — she’s coming back.

Comment by SAM – June 27, 2013 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Mmmm hmmmm, clap your hands and believe.

Comment by Lillian – June 27, 2013 07:16 PM PDT
        • No need to do the Peter Pan/Tinker Bell routine — I rely on my experience and background with contract negotiations. That’s why I feel pretty confident she’ll be back. MW didn’t announce he had signed his new contract last year until about a week before they started work on Season 10. Sean didn’t announce he had signed his new contract going into Season 8 until a few days before work on that season started. Sometimes things just go down to the wire.

Comment by SAM – June 27, 2013 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Exactly. Buuuut we all know how they react if you dare (gasp!!) to compare Cote renewal with last year Michael’s lol

Comment by Gaara – June 28, 2013 12:42 AM PDT
          • MW didn’t announce, the media outlets did when the contracts were filed, same thing with Sean. There were contingencies made by the writers if it was the 11th hour for them, as I’m sure they will be for her, too.

Comment by Marissa – June 28, 2013 08:51 AM PDT
        • Those 8 people will wander off in search of another crappy actress to idolize.

Comment by Aimee Lattimore – June 28, 2013 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Obviously the number is much higher than eight people as if that were the case she would have been gone after her first season on the show.

Comment by SAM – June 28, 2013 12:33 PM PDT
          • I totally agree, Sam. Several people who I’ve seen that dislike Cote need to get a few things straight-1) If you don’t like Ziva, the action of taking it out of Cote is misguided, hurtful and just plain ridiculous. Honestly, I personally love Ziva and Cote, but Cote is also the cast member who is the MOST different from her character. 2) Cote is a damn good actress and anyone who says otherwise has obviously not seen “Shabbat Shalom,” “Shiva,” “Kill Ari (1 + 2),” “Truth or Consequences,” “Berlin,” or any effing episode of NCIS after season 2 for that matter. I personally am SUPER picky when it comes to actors and actresses (more picky than the majority of people I’ve come across), but when I first saw Cote as Ziva I was stunned by how amazing an actress she was. I mean did ANYONE see Ziva’s scene with her father’s body at the end of “Shabbat Shalom?!” 3) ZIVA’S STORY IS NO. WAY. IN. HELL. FINISHED. That’s something I’ve always loved about NCIS. There are ALWAYS more layers. For instance, when Tony and Ziva finally do get together, they will have that beautiful relationship to explore. But don’t just think that the rest of Ziva revolves around Tony-the strong connections that Ziva has to Mossad, her own personal strength and her past (including family and people close to her (Aunt Nettie :-) and I mean come on, Schmiel’s got a helluva lot of story left, too) can fuel many episodes to come.
            In other words, don’t just assume you can insult Cote de Pablo and get away with it. Because you know what? She’s incredible and she sure as hell doesn’t deserve anyone’s insults. I think I’ve more than proven that.

Comment by Callie – June 28, 2013 11:06 PM PDT
      • Same thing I’ve been doing since season 6, fast forward through her scenes and skip anything ziva-centric. I really have never missed anything important on the show by doing that. She’s just fluff and white noise.

Comment by AC – June 28, 2013 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Uh huh. And you know this by instinct? I mean, if you don’t watch her scenes, how do you know if you are missing anything important or not? At any rate, majority of viewers don’t share your opinion of her, so I guess the matter is moot.

Comment by SAM – June 28, 2013 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • And you know this how?
            Funny, I keep hearing from the same eight people who worship at the ziva alter that there are the same eight people who don’t like the character.
            Seems pretty much 50/50 to me.

Comment by AC – June 28, 2013 03:21 PM PDT
        • Cote’s “Q” rating is only slightly less than that of Pauley’s, and hers is among the highest of people on TV. You don’t get that kind of rating if either you or the character you play on TV has only a 50-50 ration of like/dislike. Frankly, it’s the same half dozen or so people who hate her guts who I see posting here and elsewhere, quite often under different names (which never works as their writing style remains the same). Dislike her all you want, but you’re in a distinct minority. Get used to it.

Comment by SAM – June 28, 2013 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Q rating…ahh yes, they show a picture to a bunch of people who have just come from church and ask if they know of the person. and the picture may or may not be one of the person ‘in character’. Reallly scientific. Amusingly enough, those with whom I work, have heard of Pauley and Mark and David more than Cote, Yet when I’ve shown them pictures of her they are never impressed whether she is in character or not

Comment by ann – June 29, 2013 05:59 AM PDT
          • Ann, I’m sorry you think so little of the “Q” system, but those in the industry think a lot of it, and right or wrong, they base a significant number of their decisions on it. As for you and your friends and their opinions on Cote and her acting, you and they have the right to express it, but again, the evidence indicates that you are in the minority because, again, if you weren’t, she would have been gone a long time ago.

If her staying with the show causes you to give up on the show and quit watching, okay, but the number of people who will join you in such an action is simply not going to make much of a statistical mark on the show’s ratings for it to even factor into their decision making process. On the other hand, if — heavily stress that word “if” — she doesn’t come back, that’s going to cause an extremely significant number of people who watch to quit. Add that to the people who are at least going to give “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D” a try, and may end up staying with that new show, and you are looking at a Nielsen Waterloo for CBS, should that be what happens.

If Cote’s staying with the show discourages you from continuing to watch and encourages you to do other things with your time, then that is probably the best decision that you can make. If that’s what happens, I wish you well.

Comment by SAM – June 29, 2013 12:58 PM PDT
          • The way the Q-score is figured is they ask let’s just say 100 people if they heard of whatever actor, product, etc. If the answer is yes, they then ask the opinion from “hate” up to favorite.
            So let’s use Mark Harmon, all 100 people have heard of him and 49 say he’s a favorite, his Q is 49.
            They ask the same 100 about Pauley P. 50 people heard of her and 25 say she’s a favorite her Q is 50.
            Even though twice as many people know MH and almost twice consider him a favorite, his quotient is less than PP so he’s considered less popular.
            There is also the part that Q-scores are used as a tool for the business end of show business. It has absolutely nothing to do with what will or will not happen on the show.

Comment by AC – June 29, 2013 01:46 PM PDT
          • SAM said: “On the other hand, if — heavily stress that word “if” — she doesn’t come back, that’s going to cause an extremely significant number of people who watch to quit.” Which, of course, makes those who say they love the show, not just Ziva or Tiva, liars, which is not surprising when you see that many of them only discuss the “Tiva” aspects of an episode, and ignore the rest – plot, subplots, other characters. Plus, I wouldn’t overestimate the popularity of the character. I think that the combination of her leaving and S.H.I.E.L.D. attracting viewers will make it difficult to say why ratings drop, if they droop.
            One must also keep in mind that not staying with the show could be entirely CdP’s decision; that she’s making ridiculous demands that CBS would never meet so she can say they couldn’t come to an agreement and make it CBS’ fault if she doesn’t come back.

Comment by Lillian – June 29, 2013 05:03 PM PDT
          • Lilliian, I have been watching the show from the start. I am a fan of both Ziva and Tiva. If Cote leaves — and that, again, is a big “if” — I am going to continue to watch the show. There are people like me who will continue to do so. There are others like me who won’t. To label any or all of us as “liars” when we say we are fans of the show, but are no longer going to continue to watch is an unwarranted slam. Are people such as yourself liars when they say they are fans of the show, but are no longer going to watch if Cote remains with the show, or if they put Tony and Ziva together?

As I have said before, I believe there are more proTiva fans than there are antiTiva fans, and that there are more proZiva fans than there are antiZiva fans. And I believe that IF Cote does not return, for whatever reason, good or bad, a goodly number of them will no longer watch, and that, along with curiosity over what “S.H.I.E.L.D” may be like, will have an effect on the ratings. I have no doubt that some, perhaps even a majority of, antiTivas will leave if the show if they put Tony and Ziva together. But since your numbers are smaller, I simply don’t see it having the same impact, if any impact at all.

Comment by SAM – June 30, 2013 09:24 PM PDT
          • AC, I wouldn’t say that it has “no impact” on the storylines on the various TV shows. I would say that it has “some”. How much is subject to conjecture. I think it’s safe enough and accurate enough to say “some”.

Comment by SAM – June 30, 2013 09:30 PM PDT
          • Eh. I don’t know. My personal opinion is that Mark Harmon is the deciding factor on whether or not NCIS lives or dies, not Cote or Michael or Tiva happening or not. I could be wrong – CSI lived on after William Peterson’s departure – but I see NCIS going downhill quickly when and if Mark Harmon ever leaves, and until he does, I suspect none of the rest is going to make a great deal of difference ratings-wise (although it obviously makes a great deal of difference to the online fans). So I’d be surprised if Cote leaving (and I have no personal preference on that either way) made much of a ratings difference. This isn’t Castle, where the entire premise of the show would collapse if it lost its leading lady. *shrugs* Just my thought on the issue.

Comment by JC – June 30, 2013 10:00 PM PDT
  • Ooohh Suits scoop. Louis would be too obvious. Im rooting for Jessica to be that character lol

Comment by Tam – June 27, 2013 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you for the Continuum scoop. It’s appreciated! It’s quickly become one of my favorite shows. It just gets better and better every episode. I really want to know what’s the deal with the Freelancers, especially because of Alec’s obviously Freelancer girlfriend.

Comment by Barbie Furtado – June 27, 2013 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As long as the Teen Wolf death isn’t Isaac or Stiles or Peter or Derek. I’m good. I thought of Isaac and Stiles first. They’re top priority for not being dead. Peter and Derek secondary.

Comment by Tracy B (@tmb510) – June 27, 2013 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would second that, except for replacing Isaac with Sheriff Stilinski.

Comment by JC – June 27, 2013 06:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Stiles, Derek and if anyone cares, Scott, are not going to die. They would lose viewers.

Comment by Mike R. – June 27, 2013 09:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d rather have Root instead of Shaw on Person of Interest, but oh well… you can’t have everything.
    Oh my god, they’re gonna kill Isaac on Teen Wolf, are they?

Comment by June – June 27, 2013 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The only thing I didn’t about Under The Dome is how their doing Barbie.
    Read the book to find out what i’m talking about :P

Comment by Adam Bramble – June 27, 2013 07:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Acker’s career is too diverse right now for her to even want the regular option. She guests like crazy, and always gets to do such diverse, different stuff. Plus, the reviews she’s getting for Much Ado are sending her profile through the roof, meaning more film work could potentially be coming, too.

Just hope for more recurrence and them not deciding to kill her off to up the stakes.

Comment by J – June 27, 2013 09:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like this idea too. I love that she can just pop up whenever to wreak havoc for Reese and Finch. Not sure how I feel about Shaw yet. She’s been very bland so far but I’m willing to see where they go with her character and I hope to see some more interactions with Shaw and Root. I definitely want Paige Turco to return!

Comment by A – June 27, 2013 10:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please let True Blood go back to how it was the first 3 even 4th season, mainly bc of Pam being featured so much. It’s just became so dark I want to stop watching but won’t give up and pray it goes back to where it was. If not then maybe the next season they can end it so it doesn’t overstay it’s welcome.

Comment by Hector – June 27, 2013 10:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please, on Suits, let it be the redhead asst. That would be A TWIST!

Comment by AM – June 28, 2013 01:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nice try but nobody cares about who Sam Merlotte dates… Sweet guy but not a very interesting character even after his whole trash-family debacle….

Pam-scoop would be nice… or any vamp-scoop…

Comment by redjane12 – June 28, 2013 03:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess we do not need to wait so long.
    RC twitted he’ll be back on the set on July 18th, and before start shooting they’ll have post-production and table read, so within 20 days or even less, we’ll know who will be back for NCIS S11.

In the past we’ve always had hints, during the Summer break, about actors’ negotiations and their holidays. So I personally find the total lack of photos/photo shoots/news about CdP and the complete silence about her contract pretty weird and, judging from Matt’s answer, I’m not the only one.

Hinky!

Comment by mimi – June 28, 2013 04:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Suits: Louis Litt will be gay.

Comment by sarah – June 28, 2013 07:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maybe its Harvey. That would be a shocking twist.

But my money is on Louis as well.

Comment by Marvey – June 28, 2013 08:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It would definitely be shocking because it would be ridiculous after wasting so much time establishing the connection with Zoe, that woman from the London firm, and all the tension between him and Donna

Comment by A – June 28, 2013 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Maybe it’s Harvey. Not that I would particually like the storyline but the show will be doing itself a favor if its Harvey, as it would take care of the unbelievable premise of the show (Harvey hiring Mike.) Don’t get me wrong, I love the show, and yes it is a show, not real life, but one has to admit, the premise is pretty stupid.
        Harvey being gay would somewhat explain his (seemingly) irrational decision to hire Mike. Why else in the world would he risk his entire career like that?

Comment by N.B.E – June 30, 2013 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Right. I know full well I’m in the minority, but I reeeeaaaalllly hope the ‘gay Suits character’ was just Matt being facetious. I am really, truly, getting sick of the token gay character. There’s nothing wrong with being happy with and proud of being heterosexual.

Comment by Legion – July 4, 2013 09:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post