TVLine Items: Beth Riesgraf Leverages Perception Role, Justin Bruening Back to Switched and More!
The actress drops by Season 2 (bowing June 25) as Daisy Brannen, a fiercely loyal woman who is startled when Pierce and Moretti catch her at her boyfriend’s motel room. Daisy is terrified but protective of her mysterious beau.
Since wrapping what ended up being Leverage‘s final season, Riesgraf (somewhat covertly) appeared on Criminal Minds as Reid’s girlfriend.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Daphne’s ex is headed back to Switched at Birth. Justin Bruening will reprise his role at Chef Jeff in the July 29 episode, per The Hollywood Reporter. Details about his return are being kept under wraps.
• MTV on Thursday renewed Girl Code for a 20-episode second season.
• Lauren Lee Smith (CSI, The L Word) has joined FX’s drama pilot The Strain, Deadline reports. From Guillermo del Toro (the Hellboy films, Pan’s Labyrinth) and Carlton Cuse (Lost, Bates Motel), the project stars Corey Stoll (House of Cards) as the head of a New York-based CDC team tasked with investigating a mysterious viral outbreak with ties to a strain of vampirism. Smith joins as his ex-wife.
• HBO has picked up its newsmagazine Vice for a 12-episode Season 2, to bow in 2014.
• Pretty Little Liars put up pretty good numbers on Tuesday, as its Season 4 opener drew 3 million total viewers — up 3 percent from the previous summer premiere. And in the 18-49 and 18-34 demos, the drama improved 15 and 34 percent versus its year-ago numbers. Leading out of that, Twisted held onto 1.6 million total viewers (adding to the 1.2 mil who caught a previous sneak peek of the pilot) and gave ABC Family its most watched drama launch in three years, since Chloe King, in the 18-34 and 12-34 demos.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?