Leverage Favorite to Visit TNT's King & Maxwell, While Jerry O'Connell Guests Opposite Wife

Christian Kane Leverage King & MaxwellLeverage favorite Christian Kane is returning to TNT, playing brother to Rebecca Romijn on the soon-to-premiere King & Maxwell, TVLine has confirmed.

Also, TV vet Jerry O’Connell is set to guest on his wife Rebecca’s new series, which bows June 10.

RELATED | Exclusive First Look: Falling Skies Season 3 Key Art Bares a Chilling Fact

Based on the David Baldacci novels about former Secret Service agents-turned-private eyes, the TNT drama stars Jon Tenney (The Closer) and Romjin (X-Men) in the title roles of Sean King and Michelle Maxwell.

Kane will surface in Episode 6 as Michelle’s (barely) older black sheep brother JT, a smart, charming and unconventional ex-cop who now works in the private sector, and calls upon his kin for help. (The actor first shared the news via Twitter.)

RELATED | TNT Greenlights Michael Bay’s The Last Ship, Starring Eric Dane and Adam Baldwin

O’Connell — whose new We Are Men sitcom debuts on CBS this fall — meanwhile will guest in a different episode as a bottom-of-the-barrel P.I. who is always one step behind, EW.com reports.

Comments (52)

• Christian Kane = must see TV. I’m in!

Comment by kittykatsam – June 5, 2013 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! Christian Kane is a MUST see in anything he does. So talented. I think he needs a permanent spot on “King & Maxwell”

Comment by Diane – July 16, 2013 10:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You did it again TNT, you lured me back to you…damn your awesomeness CK and Franklin&Bash

Comment by mac – June 5, 2013 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Haha… tvline confirmed? More like Christain did on his Twitter.

Comment by Linda – June 5, 2013 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The details needed to be confirmed; Twitter reference has been added.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – June 5, 2013 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will definitely be watching EPISODE #6 of KING AND MAXWELL when CHRISTIAN KANE guest stars wouldnt miss it!! still miss my LEVERAGE tho..

Comment by Mary E. Brewer – June 5, 2013 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Looking forward to seeing Christian Kane back on screen where he belongs – it’s a great shame that it’s not alongside his Leverage family, but I’ll take what I can get for now.

Comment by Laura Manners – June 5, 2013 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I really miss Leverage as well. TiVo is set.

Comment by NonaWallert – June 5, 2013 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I to really miss Leverage. TiVo is set.

Comment by nonawallert – June 5, 2013 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I am happy to see Christian Kane back on TV. Love his singing. Hope he gets more roles.gcant

Comment by Grace Cantu-Griffis – June 6, 2013 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Christian can is on I’ll be watching. I hope it’s more then one episode

Comment by Donna Marie (@DGosik) – June 5, 2013 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • well in this economy it’d be a shame if the poor guy lost his job & had to go his baby sister for work *wink* *wink*

Comment by Michael Lee Kirk – June 5, 2013 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome news!! I will have the DVR set for episode 6 and will be watching as well. I cannot wait to see Christian Kane back on my TV screen in the King & Maxwell. He is an amazing actor as well as singer. He is definitely underrated by many.

Comment by Jeannean Sword (@JKSword) – June 5, 2013 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Christianis in it I will be watching. DVR is set and I will watch it to. Sure have missed him.He is the best actor out there. Glad to see him in something .People need to watch him, He is very under rated as a actor, singer and cook.Stand up and take notice of this GREAT GUY.

Comment by Connie – June 5, 2013 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve been missing Christian Kane. I’ll definitely tune in for episode 6. Any other Leverage stars they bring on I’ll tune in for too.

Comment by Gina Miller – June 5, 2013 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really excited that Christian Kane will once again grace our TV sets for episode 6 in the new show King & Maxwell .. hope he gets to stay on the show for a while .. and maybe become a regular!

Comment by Sandy Marowitz (@sandymarowitz) – June 5, 2013 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love David Baldacci’s books! And of course I will always love Chris Downey for bringing Leverage to life. But getting Christian Kane back on TV is the MOST exciting thing, even for one episode. Hopefully brother Maxwell can become a recurring role:)) So the boycott of TNT will be lifted for King & Maxwell at my house. But just for King & Maxwell.

Comment by Karen Garcia – June 5, 2013 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome news that Christian Kane is returning to TV!! Looking forward to seeing him in his new role and hoping it is for a long run!! Will still miss Leverage, but hope his new role will be a great success!!

Comment by Fran – June 5, 2013 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank goodness!!! Missing Kane on my tv!!

Comment by michelle – June 5, 2013 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Although I am still unhappy with TNT for dropping Leverage, I will watch Christian Kane in King and Maxwell. I hope he is in more than one episode.

Comment by Joan – June 5, 2013 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so excited to get to see Christian Kane back on TV!! This show looked good and now I will definitely have to watch since Christian is in it!

Comment by Ali Kien – June 5, 2013 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Christian is encouraging people on Twitter to watch the WHOLE SERIES and not just his episode. If the ratings tank, TNT won’t renew the show, and then we won’t get the opportunity to have Christian added as a series regular.

Comment by Meg – June 5, 2013 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It won’t matter anyway unless they’re Nielsen watchers anyway.

Comment by Linda – June 6, 2013 12:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will definetly watch anything with Christian Kane in it.

Comment by kandie – June 5, 2013 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so glad Christian will be back on TV, I can’t wait! He needs to be EVERYWHERE!

Comment by Beth Potkonicky Kredel – June 5, 2013 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would watch Christian Kane read the freakin phone book. Such a talented, humble man. I’m still upset with TNT for their treatment of Leverage, and will be for some time to come. I don’t watch TNT because for me there is nothing new and interesting in their lineup, however, I will have to watch at least one episode of King and Maxwell, to support the awesomely talented Christian Kane.

Comment by kim – June 5, 2013 06:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I too have run fast from TNT since the cancellation of Leverage. Notice that all of the new shows at TNT are not doing well. What do we need to do to get the really quality show, Leverage, back?

Comment by Jean – July 29, 2013 06:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All you people whining and complaining about no more Leverage really need to get over it! It was a great show but it’s time was up! they got to end it they way they wanted, how many cancelled shows get to do that? Very few! It’s time you all move on and just get over it! Will it be great to see CK back on TV?? Of course but it’s time to leave the past in the past. And it’s not wise to be snarky to the Matt! He is an honest writer, one who waits for confirmation!

Comment by Jessica – June 5, 2013 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • A show that last 5 seasons has had a good run. Better to want a show back than saying… shld have closed Leverage 1 -2 seasons ago. Yes i miss the show, but hell i’d rather have them close a show sooner than too late. And no matter how much we scream we want it back – never gonna happen. It’s dead, and new shows will come and go, and we will cry when the next we love closes.

Comment by Anne – June 10, 2013 06:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will be checking this out to support Kane. Looks like a good cast overall, and sounds like an interesting premise, though I’ve not read the books.

Comment by Angie – June 5, 2013 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad to see Christian Kane will be on this show- hopefully for much more than just one episode! Of course, I would rather see Leverage revived as a series. Jon Tenny is a very good actor- he really was good on The Closer. Kane will add a very special dimension to the chemistry of this show!

Comment by Lisa for Leverage – June 5, 2013 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Woohoo! I can’t wait to see Christian Kane in this. I’ve missed him so much. :)

Comment by ameliajamesauthor – June 5, 2013 07:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He can’t act and looks nothing like Rebecca Romijn. Bad casting.

Comment by Maya – June 5, 2013 09:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m sorry, did you not know all sibling don’t always look alike? Plus, it doesn’t say that they are blood related, now does it? One could have been adopted or hell even both of them.

Comment by Linda – June 6, 2013 12:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You obviously don’t know much about the craft of acting if you think that Christian can’t act but then again everyone is entitled to their opinion

Comment by Rachel Frantz – June 6, 2013 10:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, Maya. I did watch a bit of Leverage, and was a bit disappointed. I’m amazed at how hardcore his fans are. I don’t get it – his image is totally phony. I’ll stick with Franklin & Bash.

Comment by Jane Doe – July 22, 2013 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well…..nice of TNT to bring back Christian Kane for a whole episode! TNT has been a great disappointment. I know people are telling us Leverage fans to get over it……but let’s cancel your favorite series and end it Christmas day. See if you forget. Oh yeah….that’s just TNT….they know drama. Don’t worry kids…my DVR is set.

Comment by Sandy – June 6, 2013 02:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well said Sandy – I’m so fed up of being told to get over it, that Leverage is done with – as recently has been the case. Who knows whether this show will last either – we’ve only got their word that it’s ‘right up our alley’ – Whole family will happily watch anything that Christian Kane stars in, sings in or has his pet dog in.

Comment by Laura Manners – June 6, 2013 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Was intending to check out King and Maxwell anyway because of Jon Tenny but this gives me even more incentive to watch. Christian Kane is great as an actor and a singer. Hope he will be back for an extended run, if the series is a success!

Comment by Linda – June 6, 2013 05:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very happy to hear that Christian Kane is back on TV, I hope this will be the start of a long run on this series.

Comment by Rachel Frantz – June 6, 2013 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • is this a one time thing and as such is only watching this episode enough or is he to stay because then I will start with episode 1…??

Comment by EWJ – June 6, 2013 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Won’t miss Christian!

Comment by KBY – June 7, 2013 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fanatastic news! Can’t wait to see Christian Kane back on TV!!

Comment by Ethel Henry – June 7, 2013 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad Christian is back on television but it’s not going to make me watch the episode. I will never Forgive Tnt for Canceling Leverage the best show on Current Television !!

Comment by Wouldn – June 7, 2013 05:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Although I am not happy with the way TNT handled the cancellation of Leverage, I will support Christian Kane and any of the Leverage Crew in their future endeavors. If they can be forgiving of TNT and return to the station’s programming, so can I. I wouldn’t miss the chance of see any of them, particularly Christian , on TV again.

Comment by Shelly Karg – June 7, 2013 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love to see Christian back but I still would love to see Leverage back with all the same Actors. Please let me know if Leverage is coming back? Has anyone heard that Leverage maybe back as a movie?

Comment by Christine Santana – June 8, 2013 09:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Havent read anything since january this year, about leverage future. All i read was Devlin was shopping around for a new network. And that he had lots of more stories, at least 1 more season. But then if leverage was loosing ratings at the end, it can be hard getting a new network to take the bait. And there must have been a reason for cancelling the show at the end, and money usually is the main reason, if not the only reason.

Comment by anne – June 10, 2013 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • its a crying shame I am boycotting TNT for canceling Leverage…crud

Comment by TCupp63 – June 9, 2013 01:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was sad to see Leverage go. I was a late comer to the series and spent untold hours watching past episodes. Just couldn’t get enough. Everyone was a Character! I love the entire cast and will look forward to seeing any of them in any thing they choose to do. Christian Kane is my favorite Super hero. He never got a scratch. As it should be.

Comment by Debbie Mauney McCurdy – June 14, 2013 11:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So much looking forward to this episode. Finally some more Christian Kane!

Comment by Marion Johnen (@MiniJohnen) – July 17, 2013 12:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gd for Kane …he is pretty funny..wow what a voice…..

Comment by Barbara – February 14, 2014 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post