What to Watch Tuesday: Y&R Honors a Legend, Body of Proof Solves One Final Case and More

JEANNE COOPEROn TV this Tuesday: The Young and the Restless remembers the woman behind Kay Chancellor, a piano man visits American Restoration, Body of Proof‘s series finale ties up loose ends and Tyler Perry goes Downton with The Haves and the Have Nots. Here are 10 programs to keep on your radar.

Check local listings The Young and the Restless (CBS) | The daytime drama celebrates Jeanne Cooper — its longest-running cast member, who passed away in early May – with an hour full of classic clips and fond remembrances.

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard: How Did Your Favorites Fare?

8 pm Extreme Weight Loss (ABC) | Two-hour Season 3 premiere: Trainer Chris Powell works with 23-year-old twins weighing in at 470 and 398 lbs. (Note: This series used to be known as Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition.)

8 pm So You Think You Can Dance (Fox) | The auditions continue. Note to producers: No more cute kids on stage, please. My ovaries can’t handle it.

RELATED | Hot for Summer! Your Guide to 125 Upcoming Premiere and Finale Dates

9 pm The Haves and the Have Nots (OWN) | Series premiere: Tyler Perry is behind this drama, which follows the complicated relationship between the rich Cryer family and the hired help who work in its Georgia mansion. John Schneider (Smallville), Tika Sumpter (One Life to Live) and Peter Parros (Adam 12) star.

9 pm Reaper Reunion Special (FEARnet) | With FearNet set to start airing both Reaper seasons starting June 4, Bret Harrison (who played Sam Oliver), Tyler Labine (Sock) and Ray Wise (The Devil) reunite to reflect on the comedy’s run.

Body of ProofRELATED | Inside Amy Schumer Renewed for Season 2 By Comedy Central

10 pm Body of Proof (ABC) | Series finale: The exhumation of Megan’s father – as well as his patient files – hint that he might not have committed suicide after all. (Watch out for a huge guest star.)

10 pm Brooklyn DA (CBS) | Premiere: This six-episode unscripted series follows prosecutors in one of the largest district attorney’s offices in the country.

10 pm American Restoration (History) | I’m not sure what’s more impressive: that tonight’s one-hour episode features singer/songwriter Billy Joel or that the title of said episode is “A Matter of Rust.” Slow clap, American Restoration.

10 pm The Office (NBC) | Repeat to Revisit: If you missed the Dunder Mifflin crew’s sign-off last week – or you just want to relive the “Best. Prank. Ever” — make sure to catch this rebroadcast of the series finale.

10 pm Awkward (MTV) | Jenna tells all.

Hit the comments with your must-see picks from tonight’s lineup!

1. ollie says:

sytycd

2. Kate says:

I have my TiVo set for Y&R. I hope they give Mrs. C the send off she truly deserves. I grew up watching the show with my grandma. I was surprised that even my dad who probably hasn’t seen a soap in 25 years knew what I meant when I said Mrs. Chancellor had passed.

• Chicago Dan says:

Today is just a tribute, which is a great thing they are doing – carving out a special day for this icon. Because Y&R had scripts complete through July, “Mrs. C’s” death won’t hit the air until later this summer, which will give them time to do it right.

• ishthemish says:

Me too!

3. Tony Reed says:

John Schneider {Smallville} Yeah right. John Schneider{Dukes of Hazzard} Consider yourself corrected.

4. lyn says:

Underwhelming choices. I may just watch The Fugitive on IFC.

5. Mel says:

Thank you for the beautiful picture of Jeanne Cooper. What an icon of the soap genre. She will be missed. As for TV tonight – Awkward, SYTYCD, Body of Proof. May check out Tyler Perry’s The Haves and Have Nots, even though I have never EVER seen a Tyler Perry show or movie, I’m interested to see if it compares in any way to Downton. The commercial I saw looked like a really bad soap, but I’m all about the drama.

• Chloe says:

I say this as someone who actually likes some of TP’s work. This is NOT going to compare to Downton Abbey. That level of writing is beyond him. Still, it may be an enjoyable melodrama.

6. The Young and the Restless special tribute to Jeanne Cooper. Daytime fans will miss her dearly. :-(

7. Sarah says:

At first glance, I thought the “Haves and Have Nots” was a Big Brother spin-off. lol

8. Andy says:

Awkward

9. B says:

Worst episode description for Awkward ever

10. Amy says:

WISH BODY OF PROOF WAS COMING BACK FOR ANOTHER SEASON!!!!

11. JJ says:

The Haves and Have Nots
    Awkward

12. sheri says:

Why isn’t it called “Tyler Perry’s The Haves and the Have Nots?”

13. Ethel says:

Will miss Jeanne Cooper. she was an icon and to me, the star of Y&R. Who is Jill going to fight with now? Esther? and what WILL happen to poor Esther? I will also miss BoP as this season seemed to rejuvenate the show.

14. John says:

Sucks that body of proof was canceled. It was just getting good with the new revamp. Why couldn’t ABC give it another chance?

• Alex says:

Because the changes sucked, the demo dropped, and the show was a loser. Quite easy to understand.

• Boiler says:

So no one cares what 10 million think of the show. This was an idiotic ABC decision. I would like to hear their explanation as I never saw one

15. M3rc Nate says:

So i take it this Brooklyn DA is like ABC’s “Boston Med” and “NY Med”? If so i look forward to it.

• M3rc Nate says:

Btw, i am okay with the reality tv movement when it is reality tv like said mentioned shows. Also Boston’s Finest and a few others. Btw id love it if someone asked if Boston’s Finest was recording for the show when the Boston Marathon event happened, and if that will be in the show.

16. Anonymous says:

Awesome writers for Body of Proof show. They should be commended. If you like the show as we do let the network know that you want them to come back.

• miss m says:

I agree. Very disappointed it is not coming back. One of my favorite shows. And I liked it both before and after the changes. Last year I decided to NOT watch any new show on a station that takes away a program I love. So, ABC, no new shows for you! I figure that eventually I won’t have to watch TV at all.

17. terithecook says:

The Haves and Have Nots was good, not great. The pilot was awful, second episode 100% better. It’s got potential.