Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on True Blood, Vampire Diaries, Sons of Anarchy, NCIS, Suits and More!

Get More: Ask Ausiello, Spoilers

blog_aa_5.28.13Got a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: With Go On cancelled, any chance Matthew Perry will return to The Good Wife next season? —Kim
Ausiello: Not only does exec producer Robert King want Perry, he tells TVLine he plans to do “whatever we can to get him.” The ground is particularly fertile for a Mike Kresteva comeback in the wake of the Florrick campaign’s ballot-tampering cover-up (a scandal that could reverse the election results in Kresteva’s favor). “If we get Matthew, he will be involved with that,” King notes. “There are too many options there. What’s lovely about the [Kresteva] character is I recognize him in [real] life — the person who lies with such conviction that he convinces everybody, even the person who knows they’re being lied about. And yet, he has a [legitimate] issue [now], which is there was vote corruption.”

RELATED | Final May Sweeps Scorecard: Find Out Who Died, Who Got Hitched, Who’s Pregnant, Who Broke Up and More!

Question: Any Good Wife intel regarding Will and Alicia? —Jen
Ausiello: Alicia’s decision to join Cary’s makeshift firm is going to bring out Will’s inner pissed-off Siamese cat. And that’s precisely why she did it. “That was something that Alicia realized might be a repercussion from the decision to go with Cary,” says King. “When she said, ‘I’m in,’ she knew this was going to throw a real monkey wrench into [their] relationship.” Bonus Scoop: King hints that there are “a lot of surprises” in store for Kalinda-Cary fans.

Question: I’m going through serious Suits withdrawal. Please say you have a scoop! —Emily
Ausiello: I have a scoop! The July 16 premiere finds Mike and Rachel trying to “navigate a relationship,” reveals Meghan Markle. “There is an episode that is sort of like Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner, where Mike comes to the Zane household, which will be pretty great to shoot.” Rachel, meanwhile, is still coming to terms with Mike’s big Harvard bombshell. “It’s a lot to take in,” Markle acknowledges. “And also, you have to think, Donna knew about it, so that really challenges Rachel and Donna’s friendship, that she wouldn’t reveal that to her. This season is a lot of Rachel trying to determine who has been truthful with her and if she can forgive them.”

Bridget regan sons of anarchyQuestion: Longtime reader and fan. Is it too early to ask for some Sons Of Anarchy scoop? I will take anything you got. —Rachel
Ausiello: Here’s what I got: Beauty and the Beast head-turner Bridget Regan has signed on to appear in a relatively minor multi-episode arc, sources confirm to me exclusively. There are zero details on her character, but Kurt Sutter previously told us Season 6 would delve deeper into the escort world so I’m thinking maybe possibly she’s playing what my Aunt Joan still refers to as a streetwalker?

RELATED | Sons of Anarchy Exclusive: Look Who’s Returning!

Question: Anything on Glee Season 5? —Gerald
Ausiello: Only a rumor that the first two episodes will share a common (and potentially very cool) theme.

Question: Any scoop on True Blood Season 6? —Soso
Ausiello: I carved a few hours out of my holiday weekend to watch the first two episodes, and here are a few highlights: There’s a pivotal death, a threesome, a Hoyt shout-out, all kinds of fancy new anti-vampire weaponry and a horrifying glimpse into the future that may or may not foreshadow this. Also, if you’ve been dying to know what Friday Night Lights‘ Jurnee Smollett-Bell will be up to this season, I can now confirm that she will be playing an activist with the Vampire Unity Society (V.U.S.) by the name of Nicole who sets her sights on [spoiler].

Question: I’m curious about NCIS‘ four-month time jump in the finale — will the show flash back to those intervening months when it returns this fall? —Jacob
Ausiello: Not sure if we’ll get actual flashbacks, but exec producer Gary Glasberg promises that “everything that happened that led up to Gibbs looking through that rifle will be explained,” adding, “All the pieces will fit together.”

Question: I’ve been hearing rumors of a possible Comeback revival for years – any developments on that subject? Valerie Cherish has been gone for far too long. —Sarah
Ausiello: Funny you should ask. With TV resurrections all the rage these days (see also: Veronica Mars, Arrested Development), Scandal co-star Dan Bucatinsky — who served as an EP on the late, great HBO comedy alongside Lisa Kudrow and Michael Patrick King — admits a Kickstarter-driven Comeback continuation has “definitely” crossed his mind. “It feels like the kind of show that would have the kind of groundswell of support, so it’s an exciting prospect,” he says. “It’s something that crosses all of our minds… But you do not want to come back just for the sake of coming back, because people want you to have something [new] to say that it pushes things even further. So, it would just be a matter of all of us coming together and being on the same page about what is the next chapter, or the next couple of chapters, for Valerie Cherish. I have a very hard time believing that we could go on too many more years without seeing her again. I’m not saying it’s going to happen. I’m just saying we all would love it to.”

Question: With so many Vampire Diaries peeps migrating to the Originals spin-off, what kind of new characters can we expect to populate the show next season? —Warren
Ausiello: Prepare for a rush of college kids! “We’re definitely going to be entering an entire new world at Whitmore College, so we’ll get to meet new friends and new enemies,” reveals exec producer Julie Plec. “There’ll be a lot of new people entering our universe that we’ll get to know well — and then also maybe some new romantic interests for some of our characters.”

RELATED | Vampire Diaries Plotting Big Story for ‘Human Katherine’

Question: You guys posed a good question last week in your weekly Burning Qs column — will there be any other men in American Horror Story: Coven besides Evan Peters? —Joy
Ausiello: Yes! There will be at least one more. The show is currently casting the role of Hank, the handsome, blue-collar husband of one of the witchy women (given his thirtysomething age, I’m guessing either Lily Rabe or Sarah Paulson).

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments, and anonymous tips to askausiello@tvline.com. (Additional reporting by Vlada Gelman)

Comments (78)

• Can’t wait for September, need Castle and Grey’s scoops! But its always nice to hear about AHS. :P

Comment by tahina – May 28, 2013 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Burn Notice fix PLEASE!!

Comment by MsSully – May 28, 2013 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Cote de Pablo’s contract Michael? Is she coming back or isn’t she? How would this affect season 11 of NCIS?! I’m not an obsessed fan of Tiva either (although it is a cute pairing to think about), I’m more obsessed with NCIS itself!

Comment by Channon Zane – May 28, 2013 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought everyone but me either loved or hated the TIVA concept! Good to know I am not alone on the take it or leave it bandwagon!

Comment by Meri – May 28, 2013 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m a Scandal/Castle refugee, I don’t care about the relationships as long as the storylines keep me entertained :)

Comment by Sara – May 28, 2013 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That perfectly describes how I feel. Take it or leave it. I like the witty banter, but if it doesn’t go anywhere, I am okay with that.

Comment by Mandy – May 28, 2013 06:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Cote de Pablo contract is done.
      Proof?
      Copy in google this: “NCIS season 11: Mark Harmon says “Ziva David” Cote de Pablo returning”
      and read news from 16.5.2013

Moderator, why You delete my previous post?!

Comment by MQ – May 29, 2013 01:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Upppps, sorry moderator.
        I was blind.
        My apologies.

Comment by MQ – May 29, 2013 01:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love to know how many NCIS episodes it will take to get from where we were to the sniper rifle. Here is hoping for some NCIS shakeup that isn’t about TIVA or at least isn’t only about TIVA. The show needs some new life, please!

Comment by Meri – May 28, 2013 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think I read somewhere the show said it would be addressed in premiere or soon afterwards

Comment by Jennifer – May 28, 2013 09:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The TB death has to be Luna.

Comment by WTactualF – May 28, 2013 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think so too. I think Luna is a goner. Too bad, I like her. “A shout-out to Hoyt” ? That’s odd phraseology. I’m guessing a flashback, or a letter from him…something like that.
      Cannot wait for 6/16!

Comment by iamtrue2bill – May 28, 2013 06:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Apparently Eric is rumored to be a contender. Better NOT be him. Eric and Alcide keep me watching this mess. I hope it’s Tara, although Pam makes her a bit more tolerable. Get rid of Jess, she’s no longer appealing to me.

Comment by lorna – May 29, 2013 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I hope it’s not Eric! To be honest, as dreadful as it sounds, I hope it’s bill. It would give sookie and Eric time to develop their relationship, and bills all kinds of messed up at the moment anyway! Alcids and Eric are two of the only things keeping me watching, please don’t take them!

Comment by Annabel Williams – June 3, 2013 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why do the writers of The Good Wife keep trying to make Kalinda and Cary’s relationship “interesting?” Nothing ever actually happens between them, no relationship development and no character development. They need to move on from that, the writers missed their opportunity.

Comment by Caitlin Garafola – May 28, 2013 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m shipping New Kalinda and Cary. They’ve had more chemistry together than Cary and Kalinda have ever had.

Comment by Diva – May 28, 2013 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Robin and Cary have absolutely zero “romantic” chemistry so probably writers wil pair them anyway because they have absolutely no idea how to use Cary’s character potential.
        Chemistry is instead the only thing Cary and Kalinda have. But it’s not enough to give a storyline consistence without character’s development. IMO writers have zero interest on making Cary and Kalinda “interesting”.: that would require showing what Kalinda feels for him, for istance. But no. Let’s put her in bed with someone else instead and reach the seasonal Kalinda’s bed-hopping quota.
        They just love to tease fans about Cary and Kalinda. But after 4 ys of no real development and nothing really meaty on the screen that tease is not working anymore.

Comment by Lucy – May 28, 2013 10:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They’re far better apart and with Alicia than with each other.

Comment by sara – May 29, 2013 06:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so there is going to be a rift between donna/rachel but mike/rachel are going to start a relnationship bit backwards to me shouldnt there be a rift between mike/rachel

Comment by steve – May 28, 2013 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Donna/Rachel stuff was mentioned as a “challenge”. There is no reason to believe that having a relationship with Make won’t also be a challenge, especially when she acknowledged that it was a lot to take in and that “This season is a lot of Rachel trying to determine who has been truthful with her and if she can forgive them,” which can cover multiple characters. In other words, it isn’t like Mike’s lies will be forgotten while others keeping stuff from her won’t be. It sounds like she has a lot of things to process.

Comment by JEst – May 28, 2013 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I of course meant Mike and not Make.

Comment by JEst – May 28, 2013 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m still wondering how much Rachel actually knows. He told her he never went to Harvard but he never said he wasn’t an actual lawyer. I’m thinking there could still be a gap in what Rachel knows and the truth. :)

Comment by Kim R – May 29, 2013 08:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I thought him saying “I’m a fraud” was his way of saying he isn’t even a laywer.

Comment by Andrea (@haveaHaven) – May 29, 2013 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Aaron Korsh has already clarified that Rachel does know the full truth-that he isn’t a lawyer, not just that he didn’t go to Harvard.

Comment by N.B.E – June 1, 2013 10:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ‘there are “a lot of surprises” in store for Kalinda-Cary fans.’
    I’m gonna need those to be of a sexual nature, tyvm. oh, and ON SCREEN.

Comment by Saint Alicia – May 28, 2013 03:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It will be so weird seeing Lana Banana married to a man.

Comment by Goku – May 28, 2013 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope they can get Matthew Perry to sign on as a regular. He and Julianna are great together.

Comment by Steven – May 28, 2013 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I want him back so we can watch Peter squirm as the coverup comes to light. Peter’s career will never come back from this one. And if they can get MP, he should be a regular!

Comment by Daven C – May 28, 2013 06:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wish he would cameo on Cougar Town, since Courteney did for Go On.

Comment by Mikael – May 29, 2013 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Cary/Kalinda and was feeling glum after reading some of the recent interviews with the Kings. I’m still not sure that I trust those surprises will be enjoyable or satisfying, but thank you for passing that tidbit along!

Comment by TrickyGreyArea – May 28, 2013 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the Suits scoop! Can’t wait for the premiere.

Comment by MissCyn – May 28, 2013 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • re: the comeback
    GIVE HER ANOTHER TAKE! GIVE HER ANOTHER TAKE!

Comment by castlefan – May 28, 2013 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t want to see that, castlefan! Haha – love it! Three cheers for Sarah for the question! That’s one show that pops up in my mind here and there that I really wish had gotten a longer run. If they did a kickstarter, I’d love if a pastel tracksuit made it onto one of the prize levels (of course, that might deter people, too…) I loved Malin Akerman as the young ingenue (I may be using that term wrong).

Comment by Winnie – May 28, 2013 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have a feeling the TB death will be Luna, but I’m hoping for a more “game-changing” death. I love True Blood but the writers need to start getting rid of minor characters so we can actually focus on the main ones. It happened a lot last season and it was so annoying! Sookie barely got any screen time.

Comment by Andrew – May 28, 2013 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They don’t necessarily need to kill off the minor characters, they just don’t need to have their own story arcs. Arlene, Terry, Andy, and Holly were all fine as minor characters that showed up here and there as smaller elements of the entire show, but they don’t need their own storylines at all.

Comment by bigby_wolf – May 28, 2013 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ^This! Those minor characters were so much better when they were, you know, MINOR. But I think the lack of Sookie last season was because she was pregnant in real life. I hope this season brings TB back to Season 1 greatness.

Comment by Mikael – May 29, 2013 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sookie (Anna paquin) was pregnant last season so she wasn’t in that many episodes

Comment by Kellie – June 4, 2013 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The picture here of the lead in ANARCHY sure looks like Ragnar.

Comment by mamalyn – May 28, 2013 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, Charlie Hunnam and Travis Fimmel (Ragnar) do look alike.

Comment by Sue – May 28, 2013 08:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Alicia and Will need to be together though if Matthew Perry came back that might be an interesting pairing… Anyone but Peter! I HATE he and Alicia together!

Comment by Caro – May 28, 2013 04:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best news I’ve heard on here in quite a while! VALERIE CHERISH!!!!

Comment by craigfuntime – May 28, 2013 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glee should go on a permanent hiatus. Everything is so much better when Glee is not polluting television.

Comment by Cam – May 28, 2013 05:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • *I came on here for Sons of Anarchy spoilers* Thought I’d get that out the way incase Glee fans decide to do their “Don’t like, don’t watch.” thing. I don’t watch. So now that that’s out the way…

I agree. I used to love Glee, but it got worse and worse and, while I haven’t watched season 4, I hear it was atrocious. From what I hear, Glee is still getting worse by the episode, ratings keep going down, and no one buys the music. Why isn’t it cancelled? I feel cheated with Glee, because it used to be great, and then it became unwatchable. Not from a “nowhere to go” slump, but from horrible and lazy writing. Glee isn’t a show that became bad against it’s will, they seemed to ‘want’ it to be bad.

Comment by CH – May 28, 2013 08:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Then don’t watch it. And how about YOU quit polluting all of the threads with your haterade?

Comment by Ruby – May 28, 2013 09:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes, how dare some one have an opinion and then express it. It’s SO annoying!

Comment by Sarcasm – May 28, 2013 10:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Cam has a point and he or she can express their opinion. This isn’t a Glee appreciation forum hun.

Comment by Nina – May 29, 2013 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Being a drama queen I would think you would like glee. Give me a break polluting tv, really? . Turn the channel nimrod.

Comment by get over it – May 29, 2013 12:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Although you’re correct in this statement, I wouldn’t post it here. If you disagree with the pent up understimulized bored parents/perma-trolls that any music-related show or any procedural (aka, predictable) crime drama isn’t the best thing to be on TV in history, then you get attacked and told how much of a horrible person you are. Just know that you are correct, even if the vast minority know it.

Comment by Matthew – May 29, 2013 07:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • And for clarity’s sake, I was talking to Cam. He is the correct one. He should not have to change the channel, because Glee should not exist.

Comment by Matthew – May 29, 2013 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TVD does NOT need more characters! The spin-off was a great way to shrink an already bloated cast. The last thing they need is new characters. I get that adding new faces regularly is the nature of television but when you add too much, it gives the impression you’ve run out of ideas regarding your existing characters. April Young anyone?

Comment by dude – May 28, 2013 05:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yep, I pretty much agree. I don’t mind new cannon-fodder or new villains, but that’s about it. A lot of the major characters already get neglected too often as it is. (And I know as a teen show, it’s a given, but I couldn’t care less about new love interests.)

Comment by dinosaur! – May 28, 2013 07:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I get what you’re saying about too many characters and I agree- but I do think they need some new things this season. They just need to find that balance and not take away so much time from the core characters when introducing some new ones.

Comment by Fran – May 28, 2013 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hated April. They should’ve resurrected Alaric, too, and yes, I will mention this every chance I can. Still bitter about that. Not really excited for s5. April, Connor, and worst of all, Shane. Good riddance, hope new characters are better.

Comment by lorna – May 29, 2013 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I barely cared last season about the show. I got so bored. I was hoping glimpses into next season would re-excite me about TVD but new faces? Lots of new people? College kids at that? YAWN.

Comment by Garnet074 – June 2, 2013 10:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring Lana back for Kalinda and we are talking hotnesssss! ;)

Comment by rmr – May 28, 2013 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I second this notion.

Comment by Diva – May 28, 2013 07:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • John Stamos for the new AHS guy!!!!

Comment by Shenae G – May 28, 2013 09:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now that Go On is gone I may actually have to start watching Good Wife, a show I have avoided out of not really caring much for Julianne Margolis. Only Matthew Perry could make my watching this show a possibility.

Comment by Jennifer – May 28, 2013 09:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Even if Evan Peters *was* the only guy in AHS: Coven, I’d be down with that. That kid is amazing.

Comment by Ruby – May 28, 2013 09:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This. I would also love to see Zachary Quinto back this year. He was nothing short of brilliant last season.

Comment by Aprilcot – May 29, 2013 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ausiello- any idea if Chris Carmack will be around for a while when Nashville returns in the fall?

Comment by tvaddict – May 28, 2013 09:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • no office scoop this week???

Comment by JB Smooove – May 28, 2013 10:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “King hints that there are “a lot of surprises” in store for Kalinda-Cary fans.”
    That in King’s language could mean:
    1) Nothing;
    2) Off screen;
    3) BAD surprises;
    4) A predictable triangle.
    And from those spoilers it seems that the only purpose of that “Florrick&Associates” thing is to give the triangle another shot.

Comment by Lucy – May 28, 2013 10:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “This season is a lot of Rachel trying to determine who has been truthful with her and if she can forgive them,” For me Rachel is the most boring character on Suits and the sex scene at the end of SO 2 was one of the worse I’ve ever seen on TV. There was no chemistry there and I truley hope they won t give her more screen time because she bores me to tears. The others are so much more interesting. Can’t wait to have Harvey back on my screen.

Comment by Dani_Iuliana (@Dani_Iuliana) – May 28, 2013 11:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Good thing the feedback the sex scene had was the complete opposite of what you think ;)

You know what you can do if rachel bores you? FF her scenes.

Comment by Andrea (@haveaHaven) – May 29, 2013 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m a Kalinda-Cary fan so YAY! On a completely different note, BOO! to Mike-Rachel. Mike needs to run far, far away from her, she is the most irritating, sanctimonious, self-centered character on television. On top of all those flaws, she is uninteresting as well. Just, UGH. No, please. Mike needs a new love interest and Suits needs to do a Rachel dies storyline.

Comment by Ella – May 28, 2013 11:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope the glee theme is moving to NY.

Comment by please – May 29, 2013 12:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I send you a question about the up and coming American Misfits remake. Pleaaaaaase answer Mr.!!! :)

Comment by Carda – May 29, 2013 12:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY! So happy for Mike & Rachel :D

Comment by Cynthia – May 29, 2013 03:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really miss Suits and I’m rooting for Mike and Rachel. They obviously care about each other, it’s time they get together for real.

Comment by Britta – May 29, 2013 05:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope “surprises” means I don’t have to see Cary pine over Kalinda in that creepy way he has. It’s such a blech storyline.

Comment by sara – May 29, 2013 06:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m looking forward to NCIS Season 11….however I hope they don’t rush to wrap up the Gibbs’ secret ops as well as what happened to the Three Musketeers after they resigned in the season premiere and instead give us bits and pieces as things unfold over several episodes so there is a satisfied wrap up to it. Plus I do want to see a little more of Parsons as well as Mossad Director Orli. :-)

Comment by Marla (@zoyaroses) – May 29, 2013 08:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree! It would be nice to have it unfold over several episodes rather than crammed and wrapped up in one. more time to devote to McGee/Delilah, Gibbs/Mystery and of course Tony/Ziva. Seeing more of A.J. Chegwidden, Morrow and Parsons would be a plus as well.

Comment by Claire – May 29, 2013 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Would love more Comeback and Valerie Cherish. That show was both ruthless and hilarious.

Comment by tara17 – May 29, 2013 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss glee so much!!

Comment by Marco – May 29, 2013 09:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If there is a God, Glee will phase out the Lima part of the show and make it exclusively NYC. No one will miss the new characters. The current seniors can graduate and come back occasionally.

Comment by Nina – May 29, 2013 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m guessing this will be True Blood’s last season because if they actually kill Eric, there’ll be nothing to watch for.

Comment by Tinemi – May 29, 2013 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes!!Bridget Regan on a better show than BATB can only bring her greatness to a larger audience!

Comment by Shaun – May 29, 2013 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post