What to Watch Sunday: Smash's Final Bow, The Bluths are Back, HBO Takes on Liberace and More

SmashOn TV this Sunday: The curtain comes down on Smash, Michael Douglas flourishes as HBO’s Liberace, Cicadas & Invaders will make you stock up on Raid and Arrested Development hopes you can handle the Bluths. As a supplement to TVLine’s original features, here are 10 programs to keep on your radar.

PREVIEW | Marvel’s Avengers Assemble Premieres on Disney XD at 11am

7 pm 60 Minutes (CBS) | The news magazine revisits its gripping, first-hand account of a former Navy SEAL who was in the room when Osama bin Laden was killed.

RELATED | What to Watch: Your Guide to 35 Memorial Day Weekend Marathons and Specials!

8 pm Cupcake Wars (Food Network) | Bakers compete to serve their sweets at a Harlem Globetrotters event. May I suggest “Sweet Georgia Brown Sugar Buttercream” as a possible contender?

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard: How Did Your Favorites Fare?

9 pm Smash (NBC) | Two-hour series finale: As the night of the Tony Awards approaches, Ivy gets some very distracting news and Derek’s past has repercussions for the entire Hit List team. Cheyenne Jackson (30 Rock) and Ron Rifkin (Brothers & Sisters) appear, as do returning guest stars Rosie O’Donnell and Bernadette Peters.

Behind the Candelabra9 pm Behind the Candelabra (HBO) | Steven Soderbergh (Ocean’s Eleven) directed this Jerry Weintraub-produced biopic starring Michael Douglas (The American President) as flamboyant pianist Liberace and Matt Damon (The Bourne Identity) as his much-younger lover, Scott Thorson. Rob Lowe (Parks and Recreation) and Scott Bakula (Quantum Leap) co-star.

9 pm The Good Wife (CBS) | Repeat to Revisit: Because who doesn’t love a good Louis Canning episode?

9 pm Cicadas & Invaders 2013 (Science Channel) | From the press release: a countdown of “the world’s wildest swarms of arachnids, bugs, mammals, fish and other creatures that run rampant in our world.” From me: an embarrassing girly scream.

9 pm Nurse Jackie (Showtime) | Zoey hears Coop and Carrie having sex; Jackie worries about Frank.

RELATED | Hot for Summer! Your Guide to 125 Upcoming Premiere and Finale Dates

10 pm Mad Men (AMC) | Roger is plagued by a recurring dream; Joan goes to the beach. Calm down, fellas.

10 pm The Borgias (Showtime) | Cesare burns Constanzo’s palace in order to contain the plague.

Arrested Development (Netflix) | Finally! All 15 new episodes of the revived Fox comedy are available via Netflix as of today. While watching, keep a lookout for guest stars Kristen Wiig (Saturday Night Live), Seth Rogen (Knocked Up), Conan O’Brien, John Slattery (Mad Men), Chris Diamantopoulos (24), Isla Fisher (Wedding Crashers), Terry Crews (Everybody Hates Chris) and returning Buster-seducer Liza Minnelli.  (Watch sneak peeks and hear what the cast has to say about the new episodes.)

Hit the comments with your must-see picks from tonight’s lineup!

Comments (34)

• The “Nurse Jackie” description sounds suspiciously like last week’s episode. Is it a repeat?

Comment by Maria – May 26, 2013 04:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If you watch Nurse Jackie online or on demand it is the episode from last week, because Showtime is airing them online/on demand a week in advance of what you see on tv.

Comment by Kim – May 26, 2013 05:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ah, that makes sense. Thanks, Kim.

Comment by Maria – May 26, 2013 05:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If you watch online/on demand you’ve already watched tonight’s episode. Showtime is airing the episodes online/on demand In advance of what shows on tv.

Comment by Kim – May 26, 2013 05:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am a very tolerant and accepting person, I have always supported equal rights but now that I have found out that this Liberace movie has replaced my Game of Thrones tonight I now hate gay people… not really but I am very unhappy about no GoT tonight

Comment by D – May 26, 2013 05:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Good thing Netflix has 15 all new episodes of Arrested Development. I just started watching the show for the first time with all the buzz going around, and I’m loving it!

Comment by iMember – May 26, 2013 05:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That “joke” wasn’t funny.

Comment by HT – May 26, 2013 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Being a holiday weekend is a factor in GoT not being shown. Many people away around this time. You should know this.

Comment by Tania – May 26, 2013 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I also felt that way until I saw the ratings it got on Memorial Day last year. I am happy to wait for another week if it means they’re gonna get enough ratings for several more seasons.

Comment by John – May 26, 2013 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Very ignorant.

Comment by Rjrtist – May 26, 2013 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not sure why Liberace is preempting GoT. Not same audience and it’s not like HBO won’t run Liberace in reruns for the next 5 years.

Comment by Chablis – May 26, 2013 06:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I KNOW!!!

Comment by Melanie – May 26, 2013 06:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No GOT this week because of Memorial Day. Last year there was an episode on this weekend and the numbers were terrible. So they’re holding a week this time.

Comment by James – May 26, 2013 08:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Last time I looked, GoT is repeated as well. Your point? Seriously, it’s a holiday weekend. Use your common sense people.

Comment by Tania – May 26, 2013 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t worry Game of Thrones fans, it will return next Sunday for the last two episodes of the season with its finale on June 9th, a week before the new season of TRUE BLOOD begins.

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – May 26, 2013 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Smash

Comment by Brandy – May 26, 2013 07:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • MAD MEN

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – May 26, 2013 07:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Smash

Comment by mar – May 26, 2013 07:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • MAD MEN!

Comment by The Kaibosh – May 26, 2013 08:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SMASH! This will be the last time I ever watch NBC!

Comment by Lisa – May 26, 2013 09:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, people say this and yet, they still end up watching a program on NBC.

Comment by Tania – May 26, 2013 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • 100% true.

Comment by Teag – May 26, 2013 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I concur. I say that every year and almost reached my goal last year.. That is until Revolution and Hannibal came around and also Community is still alive. Next season: Blacklist, Dracula, Crossbones, Believe, Crisis and Michael Fox show seem like they’ll have my attention for an even longer period which is insane!!!

Comment by John – May 26, 2013 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Almost forgot about CHICAGO FIRE.

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – May 26, 2013 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • No. I watched 3 episodes and got bored with it.

Comment by John – May 26, 2013 08:34 PM PDT
      • Yes, because there are so many people who watch NBC.
        Or… Not?

Comment by Ben – May 26, 2013 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Arrested Development! I have cleared my day just so I can watch the entire season in one sitting…

Comment by Babybop – May 26, 2013 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sunday without Game of Thrones, BUMMER !

Comment by IMHO – May 26, 2013 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No mention of the Fifth Doctor special on BBC America?

Comment by Simon Jester – May 26, 2013 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Smash, Mad Men

Comment by bobbie – May 26, 2013 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the complete SMASH 2nd season songs are available now on iTunes

Comment by Fernanda – May 26, 2013 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Of everything I’ve watched this season, the only two shows I’ve waited for with great anticipation have been Mad Men and The Good Wife. I don’t watch reruns (other than in marathons with friends and family), so tonight is all about Joan at the beach tonight (er, I mean Mad Men).

Comment by TV Gord – May 26, 2013 05:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SMASH – Give I one more chance!! Don’t let it be our last dance with such a great show!!

Comment by Debbie Hambor – May 27, 2013 04:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post