Where Was Nashville's Alien Invasion? Mad Men's Dopest Trip? Chicago Conundrum? And More Qs!

Popular TV Shows 2013We’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including Orphan Black, Bates Motel, Nashville and Criminal Minds!

1 | Was Division’s “death” on Nikita as satisfying for you as it was for us?

2 | Was it a tad idiotic of Orphan Black‘s Cosima to leave Delphine — whom she suspects might be her monitor — alone in her apartment? And who else wants to borrow Alison’s music collection?

3 | With Saturday Night Live‘s Bill Hader, Fred Armisen and (possibly) Jason Sudeikis heading for the exit, is it possible that Tim Robinson (that is his name, right?) — a total nonfactor in his freshman voyage — might actually get invited back for Season 39?

RELATED | Spoilers for NCIS, Castle, Covert Affairs, Suits, Psych, Awkward and More!

4 | Weren’t you relieved that Game of Thrones gave us a break from the naked-Theon-torture scenes? Conversely, weren’t you bummed that the drama gave us a break from the Jaime-Brienne storyline?

Popular TV Shows 20135 | Which was Mad Men‘s better drugged-out sight gag: Stan vaulting over the coffee table or Ken’s tap dance? And which other TV show’s characters can Dr. Hecht visit/”energize” next? How about the Downton Abbey blokes?

6 | Hey, how about that Hawaii Five-0 season finale that left us wondering who was behind a door and whether Kono would be back?! Oh wait, that kinda was last year too, wasn’t it?

7 | OK, so, um… who’s going to be the one to break it to Bates Motel‘s Norma that, even though she stormed out on her shrink mid-session, she’s still going to be billed for the hour?

8 | Does it feel like Awkward‘s Jenna is sabotaging a good (Matty) thing?

9 | When So You Think You Can Dance puts an untrained street dancer through to choreography, don’t you instantly start feeling bad for his or her partner? And don’t you feel even worse for the untrained dancers who get sent straight to Vegas (and inevitably get their dreams dashed there)? Also, is there an FCC number where we can report Mary Murphy’s hairstylist for the atrocities committed against the judge’s locks during the Austin, Texas auditions?

RELATED | Spoilers on Vampire Diaries, Nikita, Revenge, Downton Abbey and More!

10 | For all the abuse piled on American Idol for its female-centric Season 12 finals, isn’t it funny how The Voice‘s Top 8 has wound up being comprised of seven women and one male duo? Also, if social-media correspondent Christina Milian can’t correctly identify the contestants standing directly in front of her, how exactly is she keeping her job?

Popular TV Shows 201311 | When a TV show stages a “private funeral” — like the one Nashville held for Juliette’s mom — it’s really just code for, “We didn’t have the budget for 100 extras,” right? Also, did that finale short-change viewers by not having a character abducted by a UFO? And isn’t Coleman kind of the worst AA sponsor ever? Not only did he neglect to check Deacon’s place for booze and pills, he trusted the clearly spiraling singer to get to a meeting on his own!

12 | Could Criminal Minds‘ attack on Strauss have possibly been telegraphed any more? “Here, let me share with you a conspicuous account of what I plan to do, alone, when I get to my hotel room…”

13 | Are you now wondering exactly what kind of trouble Modern Family‘s Gloria got into in Texas?

14 | American Horror Story: Coven will at some point add a second male to its ever-growing cast, right?

RELATED | NBC Orders Chicago Fire Spin-Off

Popular TV Shows 201315 | How is that Chicago Fire finale reveal going to work next season, now that Sarah Shahi has been promoted to a series regular on CBS’ Person of Interest?

16 | Are Rookie Blue‘s Nick and Andy giving off a more-than-friends vibe? And we’re not talking about them pretending to be a couple for their undercover gig.

RELATED | Rookie Blue Season 4 Spoilers — Missy Peregrym on Working With Sam’s New Girlfriend

17 | Did Hannibal‘s “totem pole” tableau out-ick the “angel wings” from earlier in the season? And does the low-level background music make every scene seem 20 percent creepier?

18 | Dare we hope that the incessant “Nothin’ says Friday night like a homicide!” commercial for ABC’s Motive (which, by the way, airs Thursday nights) is done running…?

19 | Of course Fox’s Does Someone Have to Go? was unpleasant and depressing, but how hard did you cringe when the three people nominated for possible termination were the only two African-American employees and the only older woman?

20 | Who wanted to be a fly on the wall backstage at Friday’s Good Morning America following Mariah Carey’s technical/wardrobe malfunction-plagued concert?

21 | Spurred by repeats of Chopped, we ask: Should contestants be banned from making the old reliable French toast or bread pudding for dessert?

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: 20ish Questions, Burning Questions, Commentary

1. #11 sadly that’s all true.

• wordsmith says:

I would have at least expected more paparazzi crashers at the funeral. Also, it TOTALLY felt like that big dramatic musical montage at the end was building towards an alien invasion fleet or a meteor hitting Nashville or something.

• Heather says:

Yep Coleman totally dropped the on that one. But… if you think about it, he’s been out of practice for 13 yrs. He’s going to feel so guilty now; I feel for the guy.

2. Sarah says:

#6: My thoughts exactly on H50. It was meh the first time around. We didn’t need to see it again! *sigh*

• ejknight says:

Yeah. Is Kono the go to character to have her fate in question for every season ender? Hope she isn”t gone for good. Cliffhanger seemed rushed and contrived. How long are they going to drag out the question of Doris’ relation to Wo Fat? Prediction for series finale: He’s her son!

3. Steph says:

Renee is totally going to dump that kid on Severide and disappear again. I mean, what happened to her *last* baby? This way Severide and Shay can raise the kid together. No way the writers break up that best friend dynamic.

Hawaii Five-0. Was hoping for the alien abduction so we can all be over Wo Fat.

Nashville, I made a personal playlist for this episode:
    Kenny Chesney – Being Drunk’s a lot like Loving You (the story of Rayna and Deacon)
    Gary Allan – It Ain’t the Whiskey (Clearly, it was)
    Tim McGraw – Angry All the Time (Because angry drunks aren’t funner)
    Willie Nelson – Whiskey River (Probably where the car ended up)
    Hank Williams – Tear in My Beer (Everyone cries! And then cries some more! And doesn’t wear makeup!)
    Luke Bryan – Take My Drunk Ass Home (Dude, Deacon. She was trying)
    Alcohol- Brad Paisley (C’mon. He had a cameo. And Alcohol. Just. Fits.)

4. tvaddict says:

#11 who actually would come to Jolene’s funeral though? Juliette seemed to be the only person she had and vice versa.

• Jean Marie Kennedy says:

Anthing but a private funeral would have seemed really fake for Jolene.

• The Beach says:

The fact that it was a very private burial, only a couple of Juliette’s closest friends, and considering her history with Rayna, it seemed odd to me for Rayna to be there. It just felt like a plot device for a little Rayna/Juliette bonding.

• GTS says:

Well, Jolene was on tour with Juliette for a bit, so I’m sure she and Rayna ran into each other, although I don’t remember if they actually met on screen. But, Rayna was working pretty closely with Juliette. I have gone to close friends/colleagues family members funeral.

• Eli says:

Yet for some weird reason Rayna was there? But nobody else from the entire group of people who went on tour with Juliette (and therefore knew Jolene as well as Rayna would…). No, this was just budget issues.

5. RichieOnTV says:

#11 – Juliette’s mom was a junkie for decades. I doubt she had 100 friends worth inviting to the funeral.

• Elyse says:

not to mention Juliette was probably in charge of the funeral so why would she invite all of her moms junky friends?!

• JKR says:

Jolene’s death was covered by the press as a murder/suicide. She wast told by police it looked like a lover’s quarrel, making her think for a time her mom and Dante used her. Why would she make the funeral a big, public even when she was for quite a long time, embarrassed that Jolene was her mom?

• Drewer says:

Yeah and the characters were trying to keep the whole death very low publicity. But they might have blown all their extras budget of the CMA scenes, although I know in the past they have had volunteer extras for concert scenes on the set along with paid extras. But I did think Cole was the worst AA sponsor ever, I was just screaming at the TV when he just left Deke there.

• Tiffanie says:

I doubt her junkie friends watch news or read papers so yeah I doubt she would have mourners and nothing I see wrong with rayna there she was looking for deacon really.

6. jerzygirl45 says:

Was anyone else annoyed that the whole Replicator thing hinged on Blake – the newest character that frankly, I don’t think brings anything at all interesting to the show? Also it was a little weird seeing Bellamy Young again playing nice. By now I’m just so used to her as Mellie on Scandal trying to manipulate everything.

• Daven C says:

It took me a bit to work it out to my own satisfaction. Blake coming onto the team was the trigger that set off the seething insanity that Curtis felt towards Strauss. It gave him the push he needed to finally take her (Strauss) out.
      I’m not annoyed all that much. Never liked Strauss, glad she’s gone.

7. Niki says:

#15 I was so sure you will ask this! Also, it did not fit the finale for me. And why add it as last scene? Should we be shocked or what?

8. sarah says:

On Rookie Blue: Sam and Andy are just friends and I am sure they stayed that way.
    On Chicago Fire: Sarah Shahis’ Renee will not want the baby and as Kelly is the father, he will get sole custody and he and Shay will raise the baby together.
    I liked the Nashville finale and having no one at the funeral made since, all season long Juliette has alluded that she is all alone and with her behavior throughout the season you can see why. I think know she has changed for good but the people that showed up at the funeral are the ones that care about her, I think her and Rayna finally forged a bond.

9. sarah says:

Oh and I loved the h50 finale!

10. Lily says:

Mary’s wig!! I’m so glad you mentioned this! I don’t know how the dancers kept going with the auditions, it was THAT distracting!

11. Sarah Shahi is permanently on PoI? I completely missed that. Makes me really happy though :) But I see the dilemma :D

• PS: The UFO question is the best ever ;)

• KCC says:

I like Sarah Shahi since Life and her character in POI is similar to her character on Life, but is she needed as a regular on POI? The writers barely know what to do with Fusco, do they need to add someone else? I hope that she doesn’t ruin the bromance between Mr. Reese and Mr. Finch.

• GeekGirl13 says:

As much as I love Shahi, I agree about the Reese~Finch bromance, plus I really hope it doesn’t mean less screen time between Carter and Reese. Yes, I ship them. Yes, I know the show isn’t ever likely to go there, but still the screen time matters, especially since I think Jim Caviezel and Taraji Henson play beautifully off of one another, hence the ship.

12. Maggie says:

16. I like the Nick & Andy vibe, this is a type of relationship we haven’t seen her in before, he’s her equal & they have a great dynamic. But I do like Nick’s effect on Gail, he seems to mellow her out. Stoked to see where the writers are taking this season!

13. Jen says:

#18 Hope so! Between that one, and “I can drive and apply eyeliner at the same time,” I didn’t even bother watching b/c I was already annoyed at the commercials.

14. Hamza says:

Has Sara Shahi really been promoted to series regular on Person of Interest? Did not read that news anywhere else. AWESOME!!!

15. Kira says:

16. I don’t think Andy and Nick went further than friends while undercover. I think having to rely and trust only each other for months created a bond unlike anything else we’ve seen on the show. There’s no secrets between them and they know they can absolutely trust each other. Hope Nick goes all big brother on Sam in regards to Andy!!!

16. Aimee says:

Hallelujah to #18! I have no desire to watch Motive solely because the promo with “nothing says Friday night…” annoys me to no end!

17. Leah says:

11. That is exactly what I said aloud during Nashville. Coleman is a really crappy AA sponsor!
    16. Last night was my first episode of Rookie Blue. I thought there was more than friends between Andy and Nick, too. What is his deal with the blonde girl (who I really liked)? Somebody help me out?

• Maggie says:

Nick came in as a new character last season, but he had a romantic history with Gail (the blonde), they worked their way back together last year, but he left to go be on the task force in the last episode.

• Leah says:

Thankya! If I liked last night’s episode, is it worth going back and watching the rest? Was that a typical episode?

• Maggie says:

definitely! season 3 was all on Hulu but unfortunately it looks like they expired today, but if you can grab some old episodes, you should. The show is loads of fun, and the chemistry of the main cast members is great. Last night’s episodes was one of their best, that’s for sure.

• Meredith says:

Nick and blonde girl (Gail) were engaged at one point in time (I can’t remember who broke it off). Nick joined the military (can’t remember which branch) and was deployed to Middle East. He joined the precinct last season (wasn’t around for the first two) and they quickly started dating again. Gail is a character :) She is normally more on the b____y side but was hilariously upbeat and mellow last night.

• Maggie says:

she cracked me up last night, I want to see more scenes of her with Traci, we don’t see them together that often. I also like Nick & Gail together, he mellows her out, I feel like we’ve seen more of the “real Gail” when she’s with Nick. But I like the Nick/Andy friendship dynamic! Ahh!

18. TVFan says:

#21 – – Could. Not. Agree. More!

• wordsmith says:

The other standby is the “play on the Napoleon” – i.e. basically just stacking up the ingredients so they look fancy.

19. Daisy says:

#8. It is completely annoying that Jenna is sabotaging her relationship with Matt. And next week’s previews don’t look promising that it will end anytime soon.

20. Danielle says:

#4 – Yes, and YES. Did not miss another extended Theon torture scene in the slightest. Definitely missed the awesome duo of Jaime and Brienne in an otherwise good episode. Hopefully we revisit them before the end of the season (not long to go now – noooo!).

• Jules says:

Same here, I lov Iwan Rheon, and I am so glad that I get to see him on GoT… but these torture scenes…… glad, we got a week away from those.
      Also, I sooooo missed the Jaime and Brienne storyline, my favorite “couple” of characters at the moment, their dynamic is great, and I do hope that we’ll get to see them in the last two episodes.

21. Rook says:

2 – Seriously!? Cosima has suspected her from the start and then just leaves with all the research in her room. That was so so so stupid.

22. Tom Charles says:

~
    Hopefully something that keeps her there so we don’t have to hear from her ever again

23. Mima x says:

Division’s death along with the triumphant music was obliterating-ly amazing!

24. Luis says:

Since no one else seems interested in Chopped, I’ll just say it: NO MORE FRENCH TOAST!!!

25. Sar says:

#16 The character bios for Rookie Blue on ABC’s web page allude to Andy being in the middle of two close friends, and Nick not having control over his feelings. As much as I am a andy- Sam shipper, I would really like to see how a relationship between Andy and Nik plays out!

• Maggie says:

I like them together! He and Andy have a type of relationship that she & Sam don’t have, they trust each other because they’ve been on their own together. I’ll be interested to see how putting them back at 15 affected Sam & Gail, because I like how Nick mellows Gail, he knows how to crack her shell.

26. Emily says:

5. How is this even a question? Kenny’s tap dance. Stan’s still got his beard, it’s all good.

• wordsmith says:

Yeah, that was maybe the most amazing moment since the lawnmower. Though if we’re splitting hairs, it was a soft-shoe, not a tap dance.

27. Angela says:

#7: Ha! Good question. I’ll pass, thanks, any other brave takers out there?
    #12: Yeah, they didn’t exactly hide that very well, to put it mildly. But hell, then again, I’d suspected for months now she’d be the one in danger, as did other viewers, so perhaps they figured why hide what seems pretty obvious?

28. Winnie says:

#14 Haha! Dr. [Evan] P & the Women

#22 Did anyone else tear up during The Big C: Hereafter when it turned out that Adam wasn’t distancing himself from his family in the face of Cathy’s death, he was just trying to finish High School in order to let her see him graduate? #luckyme

29. rowan77 says:

#4 – Yes and Absolutely! There should never be an episode without Jaime and Brienne. Ever. They are my new favorite BFFs on TV.

#11 – Nashville had a really uneven season. I can’t tell if the lack of continuity in character behavior and lack of simple research was based on writer issues (we know that they have a serious problem trying to map out storylines for the long term. It just came out wobbly) or if it was the push-me-pull-you of the studio and network because they don’t have a cohesive vision for the show. On top of that there were major production issues in Nashville, TN with crews and producers not used to the pace of TV – and that made things dangerous as they had long day after long day. I’m hoping that everything is getting sorted out for a tight season 2.

#16 – Hell yes. But then she was making puppy dog eyes at Sam. Forget Sam. Andy, Nick and Gail should be the romantic triangle of the season.

#20. The less Mariah the better, so no.

30. Britter says:

#11 – Just to clarify a couple of things about being an AA sponsor:

The most effective sponsors recognize that alcoholics who join AA must eventually stand on their own feet and make their own decisions.

The sponsor should never take the newcomer’s inventory, except when asked.

-From “Questions and Answers on Sponsorship” http://www.aa.org

31. DAVID PERRY says:

#11 I felt the funeral scene was very much on point. Her mother had no friends and Juliette had tried so hard to push everybody away and succeeded, As far as Deacon is concerned we have been waiting for him to fall of the wagon unfortunately he fell off for the wrong reason.
    313 Not wondering at all about Gloria or Texas, It is just another example of genius writing by the team that has the most intellectual comedy on TV.
    #15 People come and go on this series,although it is one of the best dramas on TV . The future for Severide is in the fire house and not by some outside influence. She will be great on POI.

32. I’d thought CM’s Strauss was detailing her plans so that Dave would know what to expect if he wanted to come by later… As for Chopped, YES!!! Great idea. While we’re at it, can we ban [fill in the blank] Velvet cupcakes?

33. Marco says:

8. Yes.
    14. Yes, but one thing that I learned from Charmed and The Secret Circle is that showrunners think ‘witch=woman’ which was the root of the word, but is now not the case anymore, since ‘warlock’ is apparently a name for an evil entity. I hope they add quite a bit more, because I don’t think anyone wants to see a ‘The Craft’ remake with middle-aged women, even if those are Jessica Lange and Kathy Bates.

34. Etc. Yiyi Huanhaoyifu, Xu Meng also good bath to wash out. Yiyi wear took off for the first time will be the perfect body emerge, which is an upper leopard pants black dress, also punched in the chest lovely bow, bows with a kind of leopard design wild beauty. Leopard design not only highlights the wearer’s personality, and this also makes the material soft feel close to and touching the meaning of birth, and then because of chest Feng Ting Liu Yiyi full, this body piercing dress is more than one-third of beauty, Xu Meng spot petrochemical, though they do not drool, but that is about it.