The Voice Top 10 Results Recap: Did the Right Two Contestants Go Home?

The-Voice-Top-10-Results-RecapThe Voice kicked off in hauntingly somber fashion tonight, as Oklahoma native and usually goofy judge Blake Shelton joined his wife Miranda Lambert for a stripped down performance of “Over You” that paid tribute to the victims of yesterday’s deadly tornadoes in his home state.

Not to worry, though, after Team Shakira’s lovely rendition of “I’ll Stand By You” continued the episode’s reflective vibe — and appealed to viewers to donate to the Red Cross by dialing 1-800-Help-Now — Blake lightened the mood for the much less serious business of cutting the Season 4 field from 10 contestants down to eight. Asked by host Carson Daly if he was worried about the impending eliminations, the “Boys ‘Round Here” singer declared he was suffering from “ulcers, nausea and diarrhea.” (What’s in Blake’s Starbucks cup? Apparently Mylanta!)

RELATED | The Voice‘s Vedo on Surviving His MTV Past, Tackling Bryan Adams and Michael Jackson

Not only that, but we had social media abomination Christina Milian struggling to tell the difference between a Danielle Bradbery and a Michelle Chamuel. Hey, with a whopping 10 contestants left in the mix, how can she be expected to tell one from the other? Let’s give old girl a round of applause though for always bringing the unintentional comic relief.

Anyhow, enough Milian bashing for one night — though if you must, go to YouTube to check out her ghastly video for “Dip It Low” — let’s cut to the important business of ¡RESULTS!

Sent to Safety (in chronological order)
Danielle Bradbery
Judith Hill
Michelle Chamuel
Sasha Allen
Sarah Simmons
Holly Tucker
Amber Carrington
The Swon Brothers

RELATED | The Voice Performance Recap: Imperfect 10?

Eliminated
Josiah Hawley (Team Usher)
Kris Thomas (Team Shakira)

RELATED | It’s Official: The Voice‘s Original Coaching Lineup Will Return for Season 5 This Fall

Ouch! Our newbie judges are down to just one contestant apiece, while vets Adam and Blake continue on with all three of their respective charges.

Also: On a season where Idol was accused of stacking the deck in favor of the ladies, isn’t it fascinating to see a Top 8 on The Voice comprised of seven chicks and one brotherly duo?

With that, let me turn things over to you. What did you think of Season 4 Top 10 results night? Was justice served? Were you as worried as I was about the fabulous Amber Carrington? Take our poll below, then sound off in the comments, and for all my Voice-related news, recaps, interviews and videos, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV!

1. Danny says:

I think America got it right. Next week no matter who goes home, it’s going to be someone I really like. I don’t get how people can’t like the Swon Brothers. Those guys are hilarious. Yea, I know it’s supposed to be only about singing, but personality means something too. They’ve got it in spades.
    I enjoyed all the performances too. I liked the job skit they had. Mmmmm, Shakira’s flexibility is impressive. If only her team was that flexable eh?
    I thought Kris and Josiah were decent singers. They’re just a notch below everyone else. So they placed about where they should. They even beat some better singers when ya consider Ryan, Patrick, & a few others who were eliminated earlier. I hope they’ve found happiness in this process.
    My favs from here on out are tough to say. It changes from day to day. I started out w/ Sarah & Judith. Then Sasha came in the picture. Those 3 are still strong for me, but Blake’s whole team has come on strong. Danielle’s proved that she can hold her own w/ these good singers. Holly was my fav last night. I never had anything against the Swon Brothers like some, but now they’re among my favorites. I like Amber and Michelle a lot too.
    So no matter who moves on next week, I’m going to be happy for those that made it through and disappointed at who leaves.

• BillyBob says:

Before the live round started, everyone said Blake has the weakest team. Oh my how the tides have turned. I think the Snore Brothers personalities makes them not so ‘A’ Snore.

• AlyB says:

I don’t care for their music but have to concede that they seem like they’re a lot of fun. Between the scream mask and the imitations I think they might have won some people over just because they seem so nice and kind of hilarious.

• Lee says:

I still think Blake has a weak team, and IMO the reason it’s still intact is because it’s MAINLY being supported by the country music listeners. But they will support anything as long as it’s country music. But that doesn’t mean they’re the cream of the crop as Blake will like us to think they are. Danielle frequently sings off key, and Holly is disconnected with most of her songs. And do you really think the Swon Brothers will win the title?! At this point, I think the frontrunners are Judith, Michelle and I hate to say this–Danielle.

• DL says:

I have a feeling Danielle is going to make it very very far in this competition and I personally do not understand why. Adam saying she was the front runner the other week? Over his own 3 team members? I don’t get it! I think Amber, Judith and Sarah are much stronger singers than Danielle. Danielle is talented, don’t get me wrong, but I don’t think she’s anything overly special.

• CharlesJobs says:

I don’t get Danielle either…1. Listen to her, and it is obvious she sings through her nose, and 2. I have not heard her have an emotional performance and connect to anything she is singing. Granted she is just 16 yo, but I can go to the local karaoke bar and her better singers than her.

• AlyB says:

Danielle’s weaknesses in my eyes revolve more around her ability to genuinely connect with a lyric. I think that’s mostly due to her age and likely sheltered upbringing. Her voice itself is pretty impressive. She’s been nearly pitch perfect. Say what you will about her but singing off key is not one of her issues.

• Lee says:

IMO Danielle is often flat.

• Beezers says:

That’s how I feel. She’s technically great, but there is nothing behind the words that she sings. Probably because she is so young and hasn’t had a lot of life experience. I am never impressed with her performances.

• Derek says:

I agree that she doesn’t necessarily connect with her music and therefore doesn’t connect with the audience. For me she is just boring to watch so Monday when she performed, I decided to close my eyes and just listen. Was it nice and sumg extremely well? Hell, yes. Was I moved or captivated? Unfortunately, no. I still think she is the odds on to win it all, but I will be rooting as always for Michelle. Love everything about her.

• Happy Feet says:

Swon Brothers are doing pretty well on iTunes sales so I totally underestimated how much Country music sells! Long after all the other contestants’ songs are off the iTunes, you will still see Swon Brothers and Danielle and all of the Blake contestants.

• HTGR says:

Yeah they say the country market still buys an offers support to those they like. It probably helps a bit too that they appear near tops of country charts while for pop I don’t think that happens as much so they can suck in people who don’t watch or are more casual more easily too perhaps.
          Danielle also seems to be doing pretty well with cross-over appeal.
          And yeah Blake fans tend to really get behind him and rally around his team members even if they aren’t country.

• Kaitie says:

I agree I like all of them now so it kinda sucks

• Ryan Mitchell says:

I think you are insane. I do not know what genre of music you listen to and apparently it must be the country genre. This is a vocal show, and anybody who says the Swon Brothers are better singers than Kris Thomas is absolutely absurd. I get it that they are fun and entertaining, but really for you to say Kris Thomas is a notch below the rest is insulting. I will no longer watch the Voice this season because I can see that the audience must be primarily country music listeners by the votes. My wife is an avid country music listener and she even said she can’t believe the Swon Brothers are still on the show, especially over Kris Thomas. It is turning into American Idol and it is just becoming a popularity contest.

Sincerely,
      Ryan

• Danny says:

@Ryan- My favorites are classic rock. Led Zeppelin, Moody Blues, The Who, Stones, Beatles, Tom Petty, etc. Next would be heavy metal. GNR, Ozzy, Metallica, Van Halen, AC/DC, etc. There’s a lot of blurred lines between the 2 I know. I have 10 pre-sets on my radio, none are country. For some reason though, I do enjoy the Country Music award shows.
        As for Kris, I’m lost as to how it’s insulting to think he’s a notch below the rest. He was decent, but far from great. I thought he should have went home before Vedo, but I didn’t get too worked up over it.
        Like it or not, personality matters. They don’t have to be 100% perfect singers. If I like them, I’m going to cut them some slack and have no bones about saying it. I don’t expect these kids to be Celine Dion perfect. To me that would be like watching a high school football game and then expecting them to complete passes that Tom Brady makes.
        On these types of shows, your favorites are going to go home more often than not. Over on AI, between David Cook and last year none of my favorites won. Last year I had a favorite 7 and they all made it to the top 7. This is my 2nd season of the Voice and my favorite last year didn’t win either. So I guess this year’s Voice is akin to last years Idol for me. Still, it doesn’t change that in most years my favorite usually doesn’t win.
        There’s no country bias though. It’s weird how people assume things so easily. A few years ago I apparently had a bias against country cuz I didn’t think the 2 finalists were that good. This year on AI I was a glass half empty type because I didn’t care for the whole season pretty much. So now on the Voice I really enjoy it and get slammed for that.
        Ah well, I’m going to enjoy the show and I guess you won’t be around. I hope ya find something to watch that you enjoy. Best of wishes to ya.

• Jack says:

Kris can’t get through half a song without missing a lot of notes by a wide margin. The Swon Bros hit their notes spot on. By even the most basic metric of singing abilities, SB>KT. Furthermore, listen to the iTunes versions of the Swon Brothers’ songs. You’ll hear nuances you can’t quite get on live TV with typically overpowering music.

• Voice not looks says:

AMEN!. The A.I. herd are voting on the voice now and it has become a popularity contest (including which coach (i.e, Blake they like) vs. good singers.

• mamamitzvah says:

bs’d
      I agree with you totally :)

2. forwarddad says:

Not happy. While I celebrate sisterhood I believe Kris got screwed.

• Claudia says:

Me too. I adore his voice but Shakira picked bad songs for him. The big advantage of The Voice over Amer Idol is that singer aren’t forced into genres that don’t fit them. Bad song choices do that. He sounded great in the group number tonight – I think being with Sasha & Shakira helped him. I wish he had been on Adam’s team although Adam has been known to make bad choices too. But I think Adam would have developed him better.

• He would never have made it past the Battle rounds on Team Adam. He just didn’t have a strong enough voice and he was too insecure to get by on star power. I liked the kid, but I’m amazed he made it as far as he did, and I think there were lots of better acts that went home earlier (Midas Whale, Brandon, etc).

• B. says:

Umm… Kris screwed himself over. She gave him a Bruno Mars song and a Miguel song – both suited for his voice- and he butchered both performances due to his nerves or whatever it was. He has a beautiful voice, but then so does everybody else. He just never seemed to perform as well as he did in rehearsals.

• Adam Fachry says:

yeah, and he also has this “deer ina headlight”, don’t-know-what-to-do quality to his stage presence that reads immaturity. That Miguel song needs so much passion, supposed to be sung to the ones you desire for, and yet he sang that song as if he was gonna meet his persecutor.

• Nikita says:

Yeah he seemed to get all shy and tentative when he had to go before live TV audience and afraid of his upper register so it came out half-talk whispered and out of tune at times.

• Ryan Mitchell says:

Butchered? lol you are insane. I don’t watch, I just listen to the show. The Miguel song is one of my favorite songs right now and I felt that he sang it better than Miguel did. I can’t believe you said he butchered those songs. Wow

• ETG says:

So, Ryan, anyone who doesn’t subscribe to your particular musical tastes is “insane”?? Get over yourself. We all like different things. If I could have, I would’ve sent Kris packing last week; his voice just does not appeal to me.

• Beezers says:

I like Shakira, but she has been making bad choices for her team. I’m done with her mini tantrums when another judge dares to suggest that she didn’t choose the right song for one of her singers. Your results prove they’re right, Shakira. Get over yourself and start listening to judges who’ve been there much longer than you have

• BillyBob says:

I think Shakira will be left with no singers soon. So, the perfect song choice is vital for both Usher and Shakira.

• AlyB says:

Usher has Michelle and she’s not going anywhere for awhile. His song choices for her have been spot on. Shakira is a great mentor but her song selections are horrible. Sasha is next on the chopping block without a stellar week next week. Kris was a sweetheart but he fell apart in live performance and his voice is more novelty than serious contender for the win. I didn’t think he’d be around very long from the get go.

• Sheilalala says:

Did you notice Sasha’s wide eyed *HELP ME* Plea to fans for song ideas from the Christina Milian upper deck? Although I think she did her best performance last night (she looked happy and charismatic, not all THEATERRRRR) she could have done so much better without Shakira’s crappy songs. (For which she got very defensive)

• Ryan Mitchell says:

Maybe she should of just had them sing country music songs and they would probably still be on the show!

3. ETG says:

Based on what I’ve seen so far, I think I will be ready for Holly and Sasha to go home next week. Of course, they could redeem themselves next week…. maybe. On a side note, I thought Michelle sounded AMAZING on the trio tonight…. I loved her before, but am absolutely crazy about her now!!!

• I love Michelle, too, have from the start and she just keeps getting better. All of the finalists are talented but really sort of generic and for me forgettable after the show’s over. Michelle’s the only Voice participant in any season that I’ll follow after she doesn’t win (probably). She’s infinitely interesting, charismatic and just grabs me – I want albums.

• The Beach says:

I think Michelle is becoming more and more comfortable on stage and with that comes better vocals because her vocal cords are relaxed. She sounded terrific in the group number tonight.

• Voice not looks says:

Michelle and Jusith are the best, but they will not win, because the country fans are the loudest…..they vote big.

• MC says:

Michelle took it to another level on Monday night. She’s not just the quirky, relatable underdog anymore. I now think she has a genuine chance to win.

• Ryan Mitchell says:

So you think the Swon Brothers have a better voice then Sasha and Holly? lol # people are tonedef

• Ashley says:

I am also crazy over her.

4. BillyBob says:

oMG! American got it right again! Kris and Josiah. I’m so glad the glam boy male model is gone gone gone! Wow! Shakira and Usher left with 1 singer each.

• analythinker says:

I wonder if Shakira had kept Luke instead of Monique, he would have still been here instead of Kris (or Garrett).

• Maggie says:

It’s an interesting question, I really liked Luke. I think he picked the wrong song and that’s what doomed him, but he definitely had talent.

• Danny says:

@Billy- Those were the 2 that I felt should leave. I wasn’t super adamant about it though. I thought they were decent enough. I’m thinking more along the lines that it’s nice to have a show where people like that are you’re 9th & 10th place finishers.

• MC says:

I missed a few performances here and there this season. I went to YouTube and was really surprised by Garrett Gardner’s excellent cover of Imagine. He probably deserved a better fate on the show.

• teatime says:

I think Garrett was a victim of poor song choices. He had a great huskiness to his voice which is particularly surprising given his young age. He should have performed songs that highlighted that. Hopefully we’ll see him again, not a boy band song.

• teatime says:

Uh, the above should have read, “He should have performed songs that highlighted that, not a boy band song. Hopefully we’ll see him again.”

• Glamberts says:

Garrett would of did wonders on Adam Lambert’s ‘Whataya want from me’ vs that BSB song. Just saying.

• trimaran12 says:

That boyband song was a great choice. He had the chance to pull a “David Cook” with it and flip it on its head. He didn’t take advantage of that opportunity.

5. analythinker says:

iTunes prediction alone is spot on. But if it all goes by it, then we may have a winner *I* won’t like.

• BillyBob says:

You’re right, itunes has Kris and Josiah the bottom two of sales. Why don’t you like the Danielle winning. She will bring the STAR The Voice needs. So, far the Voice winners have faded.

• Zod says:

Javier got no support or promotion afterward and his album quickly faded. Jermaine’s single bombed so they delayed his album, but two seasons of The Voice will have passed since he won and still no album, so his time may have come and gone. Cassadee will have a TV show about making her album, and live versions of some of her new songs are already on Youtube, so she definitely has promotional backing. If she’s able to capture the pop, rock and country crowd with her album, she could be a big hit.

• analythinker says:

Just my personal preference. I would give Danielle a couple more years to be big.

• MJ says:

Because she’s a 16 year old CHILDDDDDDDDDDD — every single song she sings sounds EXACTLY the same! Her voice has great timber but she doesn’t bring the emotional impact to the songs like the other contestants do because she has (relatively) no life experience.

• AlyB says:

Yes. Thank you. That’s it exactly.

• MamaLis says:

Preach. Thank you.

• Michael says:

The amazing thing about Danielle is that she sings her songs better than the original artists did. I would go out an buy an album filled with just cover songs to hear to improve classics and favorites!

• Danielle does something that is very rare today. She just sings the song. No or very few runs. No gimmicks. None of all the usual vocal tricks that people use to hide the weaknesses in their voice. She sings the song and she does it with ease in a very big range. She is a really great singer.

• Dan (Haleyloony) says:

Sorry, but that is not very rare at all.

• Adam Fachry says:

Lol, you must’ve listened or watched very few artists to make such a bold statement. Please don’t confuse immaturity with rare quality, cause Danielle is obviously the former instead of the latter.

• HTGR says:

The other poster did have a bit of point, there are a LOT of singers, especially starting mid-90s and especially on these types of shows who just go crazy adding runs all over the place. Even Kree and Candice the finalists on Idol kinda were tossing in runs for now reason at times, sometimes even in emotional connection killing ways (look at the very end of Somewhere, finally hitting full on emotion awesome and…. then suddenly a bunch of weird runs totally out of place that killed all the emotional impact that had been just built up.)

• HTGR says:

Some like Mariah can get away with a lot of runs, and make sure they don’t ruin or hurt anything, but few people are Mariah.

• @HTGR
            Exactly my point.
            I have listened to pop and rock since 1968-1969 and grew up with all the fantastic singers there was back then. I don’t know of any singers today who come even close to Ian Gillian, Janis Joplin, Roger Daltrey, Grace Slick. Somehow that kind of exellent singers disappeared during the 90s as you say.

I read here that Candice should be a good singer and I tried to listen to some of her songs. I did not manage to get through a complete song of hers. That girl never misses an oppertunity to do a run. I can’t tell if she can sing. Doing a lot of runs can be a way to hide weaknesses in a voice.

I consider Mariah Carey (and Christine Aguilera) to be exellent singers, but I don’t listen to any of them because of all the runs they do.

I really miss the good old days, when a singer just sang the song.

• Mikko Makitalo says:

I think Miranda Lambert is an excellent singer. She sings and keeps it simple with marvelous, emotional voice, but she CAN from time to time WITH GOOD TASTE make delicious runs also. So simple, great singing does not mean to me, that flavouring the song with runs would be forbidden. Listen to her singing “Silver Wheels” with Kris Kristofersson in the tribute to Merle Haggard in Kennedy Center Honors (in YouTube). Now, that is to me some great singing.

• Mikko Makitalo says:

Correction: “Silver Wings” was the name of that song.

• Adam Fachry says:

@Lauers, those are some excellent singers you mentioned, but to me your taste seems to lean towards certain trajectories. Those singers are hardly similar to the likes of Mariah, Christina, or anything. So, it seems to me, it was just a matter of your taste, therefore I still don’t get why you describe Danielle as this rare talent. There’s a legion of today’s artists who do sing without doing runs. You can find them through singer-songwriters such as Cat Power, PJ Harvey, Suzanne Vega, Bill Callahan, Ryan Adams, Nick Cave, etc. The lists could go on even further if we’re talking about band vocalists. But in the soul / r&b realm, runs are something that they possess, and can’t just take away from. And if the artists were trained at church, the influence to do runs is even more inevitable.

And also, I agree with Mikko. Sometimes, RUNS do MATTER. It could transcend the tone and feel of the whole song. Even the none soul/r&b artists also employ this kind of method. The two names I can think of right now are Tori Amos and Fiona Apple. I still stand by my opinion that Danielle is HARDLY rare.

• Adam Fachry says:

@HTGR, yes, Lauers did have a point. But to me, your response is just another attempt at bashing Candice over and over again. I don’t have anything against you, but it seems to me no matter what the show is, you’re always looking for opportunities to echo the same sentiment, which is, Candice is just a “runs” singer who needs to tone down. We get it already. Sometimes, you even wrote two or three posts responding to yourself regarding the same issue. As if you’re not sure everybody understands what you wanted to say. It has become a common sense that you’re disappointed with Angiie losing Idol and her single not allowed to chart. But when is enough, enough?

• Dee says:

star power….standards are low.
        COuntry singers are always thought of as having star power, but an R&B singer is seen as chopped liver.

• Jacqi says:

I am not a fan of country music, but I do think that person is going to win. Its turning into lets see who this coach can pull off a win with this year.

6. Jacqi says:

ugh!!! I liked Josiah!!! :(

• BillyBob says:

Joshiah, ugh!!!!! They got it right and he’s back to modeling.

• Michael says:

Josiah has a unique and sexy sound that will sell. Like Chris Isaak or George Michael. If you think a voice alone will sell albums, you are in the wrong century!

• Amigo says:

Usher should of kept Cathia over white pretty guy. The talented Latina lady would of went further than the loser Usher chose. Estúpido! Estúpido! Estúpido!

• Lee says:

I agree, Michael. Unlike most of this season’s singers who sound like Carrie Underwood, Josiah was different from them. I think he has a radio-friendly voice like Chris Isaak and the lead singer of the Script–which is why I liked his performance last week. I think Usher messed it up for Josiah by wrong song choices like the Muse and Coldplay songs. He should’ve stuck to songs like the Script.

• Mikko Makitalo says:

I agree. To me, he was exciting and creative performer. I also did not see his personality being “good looking model” but witty and fascinating artist (also enjoyed his wife admiring and supporting him in sane, beautiful way). He was lucky and talented enough to get to top10, but I felt he ran out of luck temporarily now, which cost him the place among the top8. I LOVED Cathia, but I would have chosen also Joshua over her, like Usher. Usher believed and had faith in him. I hope he could help Josiah also after the show. I think Josiah is cool.

• Derek says:

I actually did not expect Josiah to improve as much as he did. In the end though, I think it was the song choices and the decision made for him to sing in falsetto it seemed at all times. He has a great tenor rang and the falsetto is strong, but not all the time. Just sayin’.

7. michael says:

they got it right.

• michael says:

in my opinion, of the remaining singers, Danielle clearly has the best natural singing voice. She would grade very high in resonance, range, pitch, brightness, smoothness, connectedness, sustaining her lines. That said, she’s not the best performer. It will be interesting to see if Sheryl Crowe and Blake can get her to really perform. If they do, she’ll win easily.

I would rank Judith second at this point.

• Dan (Haleyloony) says:

What Danielle needs is to connect better to songs.

• eridapo says:

It is easy to say that, but you have to remember this girl has no experience playing to a crowd. There are videos out there of her playing small festivals, but those festivals took place after the blind auditions. What she has done is to sing in her home to family and friends… The connection to the songs you are asking comes with experience, but this is not what this show is about. This show is about discovering “The Voice”, and Danielle is that. She has achieved all this given her inexperience, not having taken a singing lesson in her life, and not having music professionals as parents. She is like a rough diamond that just needs a little polishing to see it in all is splendor.

Also you really can’t compare Danielle to Judit because Judit’s parents are professional musicians, and she has had years of professional experience working the stage so she is aware of her stage presence and what she needs to do to work a crowd. Sarah too is studying music and has had many a vocal coach to teach her technique.

What does Danielle have? Pure natural talent. Give her a year in front of the crowd and she will connect. Give her voice coaches and her natural singing ability will only be augmented. Is she the best right now on the voice.. No. Will she be better than Judit or Sarah in a year. Hell yeah.

• Dan (Haleyloony) says:

Part of performing is acting, and if she can’t, lake should pick age-appropiate songs. Connecting without experience is possible. We have seen it in Allison Iraheta, Jessica Sanchez, and Melanie Martinez.

• eridapo says:

Not true… Jessica Sanchez had been performing before entering Idol She started doing singing competitions as early as 10 years old and was singing on stage soon after. Allison Iraheta had competed and won a Telemundo reality competition before even appearing on Idol.

• eridapo says:

The only people I could compare Danielle to are Caroline Costa who won the French version of AGT and Sarah Larsson of Sweeden’s Got Talent. Both of these singers entered their respective competitions with little or no formal training or stage experience.

• CharlesJobs says:

She needs to not sing out of her nose!!! DO you all not hear that!!!

8. Anonymous says:

Danielle needs to go; she has a good voice but no range. Maybe 5th place, behind team Adam and Michelle. Bye Swanson Bros, you can go next.

• ETG says:

I’m not Danielle’s biggest fan, but she’s not going anywhere anytime soon. And I think the Swon Brothers will make the final 4.

• BillyBob says:

I don’t think Danielle is going anywhere but into the finals, if iTunes are an indication. Snore Brothers are gaining popularity every week. I guess that scream face has a lasting impression? LOL!

• Ryan Mitchell says:

Yea the Swon Brothers are great singers! lol Sike. They should of went home 3 weeks ago. This is turning into GMC not the Voice

• Michael says:

Wow, even the tone deaf have a voice!

• ANANIMOSEY says:

from your finget tips to god’s ears.

9. ButchFralia says:

Granted, it’s a singing contest but if you can’t enjoy their stage presence, it will be hard for them to have much of a career.

10. Cagney says:

Yes, Michael, I was worried about Amber too. This week was her weakest and I really didn’t enjoy last weeks song all that much although she sang it well. Still loving “Stay.”
    Still very excited about Amber- my favorite from a singing competition in some time. At times she reminds me of Patti Griffin. I would enjoy hearing Amber cover Griffin’s Heavenly Day.

• tommy says:

I totally agree with you. The last two weeks were disappointing from Amber. I loved ‘Stay’ and ‘Try’, I hope they can find the right song for her this week, I think its a make or break moment. She is still my favorite.

• Mikko Makitalo says:

It was a big releaf to see Amber moving on (and it was nice to see her and Adam so happy). All the team Adam is fabulous, and I would like to see all of them in the finale. My nr 1 fav changes constantly within this group (and I even hope we could still have Caroline around also!)
      But still about Amber: she is such a fantastic singer – and by the way, it is funny, that after all talks, that Blake and Adam have had about country music, Adam is the one, who to me has hands down the best country music artist, Amber. If people have not recognized this, it just goes to show, how magical Blake is in promoting his team.

• Kelly M says:

Adam doesn’t know how to handle a country artist. If he did, he would have let her sing more country. The few country performances she has done have not charted very well so your opinion that she is the best country artist on the show is clearly in the minority.

• Mikko Makitalo says:

One’s opinions are many times in minority. To me, she is very clearly the best singer out of all country artists in the competition, and I feel also America has nearly discovered her, next week is crucial, we will see. It is important to remember also, that Blake would have like to pick her in the auditions, but he did not have any spots left anymore in his team. So country music fans, do not let the team fool you, if you will find Amber’s singing delicious.

• Mikko Makitalo says:

Adding: Just went to watch her audition again. She says at the end, that she is excited to be in team Adam, and “Since I am country and he is not, but he is going to broaden my horizons.” She was that 19-year-old one who was about to move to Nashville, but her mother´s breast cancer sort of prevented that. Blake says a few seconds after the beginning of the audition “She is country!” and is hoping to get to steal her later in the show (never happened, when Amber won Sasha). I really wish, they could figure right songs for her.

• Kelly M says:

Don’t misunderstand me. I love Amber and voted for her. I was just pointing out that the facts don’t support your opinion.

11. dani n. says:

Do not like Shakira’s singing voice.

• ETG says:

Me either…. but she has other assets :-)

• A says:

I love her voice when she’s singing her own music. Her Laundry Service album is still one of my favorites and love a lot of her spanish songs. However, I don’t like when she sings other people’s songs. Her voice is too unique and different that it sounds really awkward when she tries to sing covers

• Mikko Makitalo says:

Yes, I can understand, that some people may not like her voice, it may divide people. When I heard the “strange” sounds for the first time, I was like “what is this?” (not negatively or positively). Very unique, one-of-a-kind sounds, and quite different from her talking voice…After some reflecting I felt (and really FELT, did not so much think about it) that I love her and her voice and those sounds, not so often heard anything similar like that. What a woman!

12. Canadian Fan says:

The youngster Danielle will win big for Blake. I must confess I wasn’t sure about Blake picking her over other more mature singers at the beginning. She proved to have real star power under neath that childlike carefree surface. I always roots for team Blake. So happy with the results so far.

• ETG says:

I just don’t see the “star power” you speak of. She’s a good child singer, no more, no less.

• BillyBob says:

I think Danielle has that ‘Shirley Temple’ effect. She’s young, cute, and fresh. Charting in the top 10 on iTunes is no easy feat. Even the seasoned singers like Judith or Sasha has done that. Also, Danielle still has a lot of room for improvement. That’s scary ;)

• BillyBob says:

I meant Judith or Sasha has not even charted in the top ten yet and Danielle has done that a few times.

• ETG says:

Maybe so. But I think the country market is already saturated with girls/women who look, act, and sound JUST like Danielle. I don’t see the need for another “cookie cutter” singer; what country desperately needs is some FRESH sounds, and I think the Swon Brothers may fit that bill nicely.

• BillyBob says:

I strongly feel that’s the reason why that jail bait Danielle is so well received, along with effortless singing and strong vocals. There are tons of NON country fans listening and buying her tunes, along with the already country strong fan base. I would like Danielle sing a few Martina McBride songs. “Independence Day’ and “Wild Angels” :)

• Dan (Haleyloony) says:

I don’t want Danielle to sing about abuse. She is too young to sing Independence Day.

• Danielle For The Win says:

Would love to hear Danielle cover “Slave For You” by Britney Spears. Hopefully she will keep rocking short, daisy duke hot pants.

• Robin says:

Either would be great for her! I love both songs! :)

• The Beach says:

No…absolutely not to Danielle singing “Independence Day”. That is a song about a mature woman escaping an abusive relationship. Not only could she not connect with this song but I wouldn’t want her to.

• SW says:

Actually, the song is from the daughter of the abused woman’s POV, not the actual woman who was abused. If you listen to the lyrics, the girl is singing about how her mother burned down their home with both her mother and father inside and she ended up in foster care because of it. So, it would be fitting for someone Danielle’s age to sing it. However, I don’t think Danielle has the maturity, nor the ability to connect to it, to pull it off, so I wouldn’t want her singing it anyway.

• LOG says:

That’s absolutely a huge part of her big success on iTunes, other than her fantastic voice, of course!

13. Thuong says:

I am happy to read your comments here. You are the people who know about the music and have open heart. I heard a lot of people don’t like Judith or some others they suck. I agree with you all.

14. HTGR says:

Shakira sounded good and Sasha really sounded good too.

• Danny says:

@Hit- Yea, I didn’t know she could sing. I saw her sing (I think) She Wolf one time and remember thinking it was auto tuned. I guess maybe it wasn’t.
      An auto tuned song can be a decent enough song. There’s a few I like and I’m sure there’s a few others that I don’t know are auto tuned that I like. At the same time, it sort of feels like watching a baseball game knowing the guys are using steroids.

15. BBC says:

I am praying that Danielle Bradbery will not win this season. Why does America love blandess?

• Canadian Fan says:

I think it is a perfect American story: a girl coming out of nowhere can win it all. Isn’t that amazing? Anyway, Danielle brought excitement into country music. That’s why Blake is so crazy about her. It is not for everyone, granted.

• Adam Fachry says:

The same cliched, tired, overplayed sob story masquerading as an inspiration? Yeah, totally.

• MamaLis says:

See, I don’t get the Danielle thing at all, either. In fact, I wouldn’t go counting those Carrie Underwood “chickens” quite yet. She’s like vanilla ice cream, except maybe not ice cream, maybe yogurt. And since I definitely took truth serum tonight, I’m definitely off the Sarah Simmons boat, as well. She’s just odd.. and not wonderfully, delightfully odd in the Michelle way. (And way talented.) But odd in a … I’m watching her to birth something out her mouth when she sings, kind of way. It was almost painful last night to watch. Plus she has a little issue with eye contact or something and it’s just…. not enjoyable anymore. To watch or hear. I’m sorry.
          That’s just me. I AM loving Michelle, though. And Amber.
          I’ll stop. :)

• BillyBob says:

You darn right. It’s a perfect American / Apple pie story. She’s also attracting plenty of non country fans into the mix. If Danielle should win this thing, and if The Voice can market her like American Idol, she can become as big as Carrie Underwood or Leann Rimes. She’s just sweet 16 and hasn’t even peaked yet.

• Canadian Fan says:

America loves effortlessness and natural talents, plus a bit surprise factor… We shall wait and see. My $$$ is on the 16-year-old:)

• MJ says:

While you’re bashing Americans are we allowed to comment on Canadians?

• Canadian Fan says:

On the contrary, I was praising Americans and their good sense and taste in music. Comment Canadians all you want, be it Celine Dion, or Anne Murray, or Brian Adams or Justin Beber… Go right ahead. We are proud of them all.

• Dan (Haleyloony) says:

Justin Bieber… the mention of his name makes me shiver.

• BillyBob says:

I love you and your Canada. You are right on! You forgot my fav Canadian country pop singer SHANIA! :)

• Timmah says:

And Rush! :)

• Danny says:

@Canadian- I’m pretty familiar w/ Canada. I’ve played hockey for 13 years, lived in TO twice, and Don Cherry is my hero. You’re more than welcome on these boards, not that anyone was saying you weren’t.
            Oh, to add to your list, I’d include Rush, Neil Young, April Wine, BTO, Nickelback, Barenaked Ladies, The Guess Who, and I’m sure there’s others. Isn’t Avril Lavigne from there too?
            If you live in the TO area, you’ve probably heard my cousin’s voice. You wouldn’t know his face, but I’d bet a dollar to a donut you’ve heard his voice.

• Glamberts says:

Don’t forget the Call Me Maybe girl… Carly Rae Jepson.

• The Beach says:

and k.d. lang

• Adam Fachry says:

Guys, don’t forget the kings and queens of Indie rock Arcade Fire as well! Grammy’s AOTY for the mainstream audiences and have been critics’ darling. since their debut, “Funeral”.

• TruckDriver says:

Me too! My bet is on the 16 year old juggernaut named Danielle Bradbery. Danielle peaked at #6 on iTunes Top 200 songs list. Plus, Danielle was also solidly #1 on the iTunes country song chart, just ahead of somebody called Blake Shelton at #2. Holy cow!

• Mikko Makitalo says:

RIGHT NOW your bet is on the right person. But if the fabulous Amber for example (as a country singer also) will get her bits and pieces together, I think she will win. Will she? I think she will, and I would place my bet on her.

• ANANIMOSEY says:

AGREE!.

16. HTGR says:

I hate how The Voice busts through the top ten so fast, nobody has a chance to grow, everyone is just gone so fast, not as nuts as four a week going home the first season but even two a week is no good. It is one thing that Idol does infinitely better. I’m sure that also helps the Idol contestants out afterwards a bit too (although with so many shows now for so many years it’s rough for anyone who doesn’t win or at the absolute least, make the finale).
    They really need to extend the season a few weeks and let people stick around a bit.

• HTGR says:

And the sudden 10x thing is also very questionable and I mean last season you knew who one, for sure, a few weeks away from the finale (then again so you do on Idol too, maybe even before it even goes live in that case ;) ).

• Zod says:

The 10x multiplier isn’t that big of a deal. You can vote for free 10 times via website or phone, and you can only buy the song once. So if that artist is top 10, it’s like voting 10 times. Who in their right mind would create multiple accounts to buy the exact same song over and over again?

I think last season allowed you to buy the song 10 times with one account, but still, who’s gonna do that?

• Nikita says:

If someone gets 10 votes by phone and 10 by net each week for 6 weeks and 1 by song they have 126 votes at the end and if someone gets 10 and 10 and 10 they have 180 so they get a pretty big percentage-wise boost there and in the finale even if the other person got 30 and they person with 180 got 0 they’d still have a 180 to 156 factor, only the factor is even larger since they are getting a bit more votes to begin with perhaps, by the last two weeks it can be impossible for anyone to overcome just about. It can make a big difference. And even for a given week maybe to make the finale you can get someone needing to make up for 21 vs 30 factor that is HUGE factor.

• CharlesJobs says:

There were people all over the internet talking about buying Cassadee Poops itunes 10X and some even using different itunes accounts to do it multiple times in a week. I don’t know where their money came from, but that is sick!!!!

• Danny says:

@Hit- Yea, I like all 8 now. I wish we had 2 months of these contestants rather than a few weeks. I’m happy with whoever sticks around. I just wish they’d be around longer. So 1 leaving rather than 2 would be a better way to have it.

• Danielle For The Win says:

Idol drags on forever. I thought fourth place Amber from Idol was going to have a breakdown from exhaustion. Poor thing. I like that The Voice goes by quicker.

• Lee says:

Thank you. I agree. It seemed like Idol dragged on and on this past season. I couldn’t wait for it to be over.

• Mikko Makitalo says:

It is because AI has at least temporarily lost its magic and was boring. In the earlier seasons it was so exciting, that everybody was waiting eagerly for the next episode, and like some kids, hoping that the season would never end.

• The Beach says:

What I wish were done quicker is Carson’s 45 second, dragged out announcement of every save. And then practically booting the ones leaving off the stage in the last 30 seconds with barely so much as a “see ya”.

• TruckDriver says:

Plus when eliminated they don’t even get a chance to say bye and sing a swan song, like Idol. It feels like they are throw away toys.

• Derek says:

This is actually a reply to this segment of the thread. I also get annoyed with the dragging out of naming those saved, but my real gripe is with the questioning of the remaining talent. It adds absolutely nothing to the show.

17. Josh says:

I definitely think the right two went home. Although the show gets mighty anticlimactic when, like last season, only one contestant continuously lands in the iTunes Top 10, earning 10x vote multipliers and racking up a massive advantage for the finale. Sure, the journey is certainly fun, and we get lots of performances from our other favorites, but it’s also kind of depressing to know that none of them have any chance to win. The iTunes rule doesn’t really allow for an underdog to pull ahead and take the crown in the end.

• Canadian Fan says:

I am totally with you on that.

• Danny says:

@Josh- I’m not doubting ya, just confused. I get that if they get in the top 10, they get 10X votes. If say Danielle and Michelle get to the finals, if one gets the 10X and the other doesn’t, then yea that person will win.
      My question is how does it stop an underdog from being able to pull ahead? From the i-tunes sales Danielle is smoking. If Michelle (calling her the underdog here) gets the 10X in the finals & Danielle doesn’t, Michelle would win.
      I’m asking the above as a question. Not making a statement. I’m confused here.

Part 2 Q- I like how they mix Itunes sales w/ votes. I think that’s pretty fair. That way it doesn’t pay to jam the voting lines for a favorite or least favorite that you want to win. Apparently I’m missing something though. How would you do the voting (keeping Itunes as part of it) to make it fair?

• BillyBob says:

I think the iTunes sales and votes is fair. The reason behind this is the winner goal is to have success in sales of their song / album. What better way to gauge how the contestant is doing after the contest is over. You don’t want a winner who’s a flop in sales. Look at the first two winners of The Voice, I can’t even remember who they are. Melanie Amaro of X-Factor, Even Tate Stevens (X-Factor) is becoming a flop.

• HTGR says:

Yeah but ramp it up like top ten is 10x, 11-20 is 8x, 21-30 is 6x or however you decide to work it out. 1-10 is 10x and 11 is already 1x seems kind of rough.

• Josh says:

I think it’s totally fair for each iTunes vote to count 10x, but having the arbitrary “Top Ten” 10x multiplier rule just seems like almost too much of a boost – they’re already getting extra votes for ranking higher on iTunes through higher sales. And sure, Michelle could make Top Ten, but what are the chances of her making it and Danielle not making it in time for her to compensate for weeks she has already been behind? (And I call “Top Ten” arbitrary because that’s an unfairly huge advantage for someone who, say, finishes in 10th vs. someone who finishes in 11th on iTunes)

• teatime says:

This ^^^^. In terms of the contest, there is no logic to giving someone such a huge advantage for getting into the Top 10. Someone could get to 11th over and over again, and get nowhere near the advantage someone esle has for hitting Top 10 once.

• The Beach says:

^^This + 100

• Derek says:

As far as the iTunes purchases are counted it really does seem random the way it is done now, but the biggest factor is money. They are trying to make money on top of money for iTunes. Do the artists receive a cut? That is something I would like to know.

• CharlesJobs says:

The itunes votes are cumulative for each singer, not just a total from week to week. At the end, all of Danielle’s itunes votes from every week since the top 12 will count toward her final week votes. That’s why it is impossible for an underdog to overcome that in the last week.

18. Callum says:

GRRRR.. I’m done with this season of the voice. Josiah and Garrett were the only interesting 2. Now all that’s left is a bunch of boring ballad singers and country singers. Bleh. See you next season, MAYBE…

• Nancy says:

haha….pretty funny response…Josiah isn’t half as interesting as Michelle…wait until she gets to do a song of her own choosing…she’ll blow you away with ‘interesting’.

• Michael says:

Michelle is interesting and talented, kind of like Cyndi Lauper. She is one I would see in concert just like Josiah. Like millions of other Americans, I don’t buy albums or singles, I buy concert tickets. Daniele is there too, but her voice is just magical.

• Ryan Mitchell says:

That’s exactly what I said. This season is turning into the GMC channel. I personally liked Kris Thomas and he has a distinctive voice. There are some good country singers, but for the Swon Brothers to move on over Kris Thomas is absurd.

19. Bailey says:

I would have sent team usher home. I think the Swon Brothers and Michelle should be next

20. Adam Fachry says:

If Danielle gets a number one iTunes airplay again, might as well call the show a day already.

21. BillyBob says:

The Snore Brothers are the only guys left!!! Does it mean the Snore Brothers will stick around longer than expected. Snore Brothers = WGWGx2. Plus they are Country. Oh my! It would be funny if the final two were Danielle and the Snore Brothers.

• Adam Fachry says:

Can’t believe I’m saying this. But I found myself liking their performance last night and last week. I think they have a better grasp at authentic country than Blake’s two ladies. So if any of his team member(s) is going to win (again) this season, I think I would pick The bros over both Holly and Danielle. I admit, I used to dislike them the most because of how underperformed they are (and the fact they somehow got rid of Grace Askew). But their past two performances are an indication of improvement. I think if we were to talk about true underdog story, The Swon Bros actually demonstrate that arc even more than Danielle.

• ETG says:

Absolutely!!!

• BillyBob says:

@Adam; I think this is how it should be. I found myself disliking the Snore Brothers at first. Last week was when my eyes opened up. I like this weeks too. I guess they are improving from the Snore to the Swon Brothers. Please they have personalities now with that scream face ingrained in your head.

• teatime says:

I was surprised the Swon Brothers got thru the audition phase. But I, too, have enjoyed their performances these past 2 weeks. I don’t know if it is song choice, or what. But they bring energy to their performances and at the end of the show they are one of the acts I remember.

• The Beach says:

Plus they are just so damn funny and likable. They seem like they would be fun to kick back and have a beer with.

• TruckDriver says:

Exactly! Especially the bigger one, Zach, I think? Just fun loving laid back guys. I hope they made it to the final 4.

22. Josh says:

America surprisingly got it right tonight. And though there is only 1 male act left this had nothing to do with manipulation as this season’s crop of guys was just not as talented as the girls.

• BillyBob says:

So, true, I think it’s the opposite if Idol. They had many WGWG in the mix (Snore Bros, Garrett, Josiah). I think the song choices doomed the guys. Garrett with his BSB mess, Vedo and his MJ song and dance mess, Kris and the song choice, and male model guy who was left singing songs way to difficult to do.

23. Cc says:

Can someone explain why I just don’t like judith

• Adam Fachry says:

Maybe your taste?

• BillyBob says:

I think Judith reminds me of that kid in class who always gets 100% or an ‘A’ every time on all the test and exams. It’s like we are the teacher grading Judith’s exam, it’s an ‘A’ everytime…yawn! The other kids may get a C, B, B+,etc.

• Canadian Fan says:

Maybe the MJ factor is working against he?

• Love Sarah! says:

agree, she doesn’t seem relatable

• HTGR says:

Who cares? Do people go on about football and baseball players not being relatable?

• Timmah says:

No, but being an entertainer is completely different. Your audience has to find you likable and connect with you in some way if you want to be super-successful.

• Adam Fachry says:

Likability is highly subjective. Amy Winehouse was a hot mess in person, but people love her music anyways.

• HTGR says:

Madonna got under some people’s skin. Chris Brown well you know that story. Both have had better sales than any safe types viewers say they can only connect with on these shows.

• Timmah says:

Yes, people loved Amy because not only was she a musical genius, but she put herself out there for all to see, warts and all. I feel like Judith keeps everything close to the vest, and all we get is a very theatrical side of her in her performances, not the genuine Judith. JMO.

• HTGR says:

I mean Chris Brown’s sales certainly were hurt but he crossed a totally different line and even yet he still does better than many so I’m not so sure at all that you need to be Mr. Likeable to sell (although I suppose he connected in other ways, but I wouldn’t say he is super likeable or relatable these days).
            For the types who vote for these shows it definitely does pay to be relatable and certain particular type of likeable and safe and non-controversial though (even moreso on Idol though).

• Timmah says:

Not relatable, and lacks the “x factor”. Probably why she hasn’t made it big on her own.

• MamaLis says:

Sure, I will.
      She’s empirically an excellent singer and performer. Probably the best on the show right now. She’s also a little full of herself. She’s very aware that’s she’s excellent and she’s not about to try and pretend otherwise. She’s also not really there to “connect” with anyone, including (evidently), her audience. Lastly, she might be a little OCD – every hair, and make-up, and wardrobe, and every performance element is HIGHLY, highly structured and well-executed. She doesn’t miss a thing. This level of “planning,” however, takes away from the sincerity of her delivery and THAT, combined with her ultra-high self esteem is … well, frankly not for everyone.
      Judith is excellent. No complaints, really. But if you’re asking me to explain the disconnect……

• HTGR says:

Doesn’t that describe almost any singer who is super successful for real not just among some reality voters though?

• The Beach says:

Sounds like you’re describing Xtina :-)

• TruckDriver says:

@MamaLis, Exactly. that’s the beef with Judith. Danielle Bradbery on the other hand, slaps on some shorts and just sings. I hadn’t realized what a juggernaut Danielle Bradbery has become. Heads Carolina, Tails California’ charted to #6 on iTunes Top 200 songs list. And, Danielle was also solidly #1 on the iTunes country song chart, just ahead of somebody called Blake Shelton at #2. That name sounds familiar. :)

• CharlesJobs says:

Come on!!! Do you think putting Daisy Duke shorts on a 16 yo on national TV isn’t calculated?? Please!!!

• trimaran12 says:

I appreciate your resonse and opinion, but I feel this is a bit unfair. Every pop performer out there has a calcuated image and concentrates on their clothing, hair, makeup, vocals and presentation. Pink does all these things and people connect with her. As do Justin Timberlake, Bruno Mars, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Nicki Minaj and the list goes on. People connect with them, so why not Judith? Why does that make Judith insincere if she wants to cultivate an image and put on a show? In converse, I would assert that Phillip Phillips and his bretheren NOT concentrating overly so on those things is just as calculated a choice and image.

• Cathy says:

You know when I first watched Judith, she blew me away. But it’s really important to me to see how they sound in their recordings because I want to know if I want to buy and listen to their music. Frankly her voice isn’t great in recordings and clearly by her iTunes charting not being so high, I’m not the only one who has listened and passed on downloading. So that pretty much ended me becoming a fan. Sad cuz I think she has a lot of great qualities.

• ANANIMOSEY says:

race factor, maybe?

24. Love Sarah! says:

I love love love Sarah- her voice is just so beautiful and unique… judging from the comments and itunes sales, I’m not certain she’ll win it all, but for the first time in my life I’m actually voting for someone on any show.

• Sheilalala says:

Right there with you! I don’t vote or comment on singers EVER-but I am damn good at picking out talented musicians, and she was electrifying from her first audition which I replayed 50 times. Sarah will be our generation’s Stevie Nicks, and Blake and Adam know it.

She’s astonishing and will be remembered long after this silly show. In 5 years when people see her perform at the Grammies, the haters on this board will be like “Ohhhhhhhh-I remember her from, wait, was it called ‘The Voice’? Omg, she wasn’t my favorite, she looked kind of dumpy and insecure. Well good for her!” So although I would love for her to win, it won’t matter.

25. Whitney says:

This has nothing to do with The Voice, but I clicked on the Dip It Low link b/c I’ve never seen the video (although I’m familiar with the song). It was terrible, but there was a link to a Danity Kane video on the side, and I watched that one too. Far worse.

So there’s that. She’s not Danity Kane.

26. John P says:

I realize that there are many factors (voice, personality, stage presence, looks, etc.) that can affect the popular vote. But I think the public clearly got this one right. I realize that Josiah has his advocates, but I’ve never understood his appeal (aside from the those that like his kind of “pretty boy” looks). He projects a certain cockiness and conceit, his delivery seemed passionless, mechanical and contrived, and the basic quality of his voice seemed totally unexceptional. There’s not a lot of love for Holly Tucker in the comments above, but I think her voice has an exceptional timbre with warm, rich undertones, and she sings with great feeling and style. But I agree that the front runners are probably Danielle and Judith, and I have no quarrel with that.

27. Rachie K says:

I totally called those two going home on The Voice this week. I got nervous at first because last week the two people who got asked questions ended up going home but then more people got asked this week. Love this show! Loved Blake Shelton performing with his wifey, Miranda. They are an adorable couple! And who doesn’t like looking at Adam Levine?! ;-)

28. HTGR says:

Hmm so much for everyone who said that Blake made a horrible miscalculation and that his country crowd would split votes and his team would be dumped before anyone else even lost anybody. It’s country and he’s Blake.
    Pop and Christina fans are more fickle and vote less on these shows although that stuff does better on overall charts in real world.

29. Hodan says:

I think the one of the remaining artists such as Sasha, Sarah, Amber, or Michele should win and be given the chance to record their album. I don’t say anything about Danielle because I think she is going places wether she wins it all or not. I believe Blake would probably sign her on his label because he kept making these comments “You are my retirement” and just gushing over her more than he does with his other singers. Plus she reminds me of young Carrie Underwood.

30. AlyB says:

I think Holly and Sasha are going to be next to go. Sasha could get saved if Shakira gives her the right song and she kills it but Holly will likely be a goner. I don’t particularly care for Sarah and would not be sorry to see her go. She’s got a pretty big fan base though so as long as she doesn’t massacre her song next week she should be ok. Judith, Michelle and Danielle are the front runners in my estimation. The Swon brothers are the only guys left so that’ll help them. Amber may be vulnerable which is a shAme because I think she has a fabulous voice.

Tonight’s elimination seemed just right to me. It will be so weird if The Voice ends up with all girls as top 4. It’s the year of the girl I guess. I don’t think anyone is going to start yelling “manipulation” like they did for Idol though.

• Danny says:

@Aly- right, because each coach is going to try and find the best singers they can. On AI there was no vested interest on the judges. Plus the talent gap wasn’t that big. So yea, it’s basically a case where the gals are simply better. Good observation on your part.
      (ps: to make up for it, on this board I’m going to say the guy posters are better than the lady posters)

31. Robin says:

I’m a big Kelly Clarkson fan here…and I really like Amber…but I was worried for her tonight. I voted for her, but I didn’t think Breakaway was a great song choice. The performance was ok, but not as great as the previous week. I agreed with what they said that she could be a artist that could do pop or country. So I understood why he chose that song, but for whatever reason it didn’t work for me. I hope Adam picks a better song for her next week, because she may end up going if he doesn’t!

• Adam Fachry says:

Breakaway should not be performed ever again. I don’t even like the song, but so far no one, from both Idol and The Voice, has managed to deliver at least a solid enough rendition of it. That girl from Idol’s season 10-11, Lazaro (granted, he can’t sing), and now Amber.

32. Mal says:

Michelle is far and away the best and most interesting contestant on any singing show in the last five years. If she doesn’t win she will be fine but she damn well should win.

• teatime says:

I agree with this.
      I don’t know who you were thinking of from 5 years ago, but I think she is the most compelling entertainer on these shows since David Cook. I have really liked many others, including Haley and Adam and some of The Voice contestants. But there is just something about Michelle where I have no idea what she might do but whatever it is she always makes right interesting choices for herself and she always sings great and has a presense on stage. That makes her similar to Cook for me.

• Glamberts says:

I think Michelle is most compelling entertainer since Adam Lambert. She has the crazy cool vibe about her. I don’t think she will win it all, but she has a chance though. I think America is looking for a different kind of a performer. Someone unique, something different.

• Glamberts says:

Yeah! GO Michelle GO!

33. Amigo says:

I don’t feel bad for Shakira and Usher. It’s an ego deflating feeling to having 1 singer left. You two moron judges deserve it! Estúpido! Estúpido! Estúpido! Usher and Shakira should of kept Cathia and Karina. They talented Latina ladies would of went further than those two losers they chose. Again… Estúpido! Estúpido! Estúpido!

34. @JennyS714 says:

I called it. Kris and Josiah. Their performances were among the worst of the bunch. I think Sasha and Holly are next to go, but we’ll have to see how they do Monday.

Sucks for Usher and Shakira, they’ve got 1 contestant left. I hope they don’t think they are doing something wrong, cause they are the BEST coaches…they just have the “newbie” curse. They got stuck with average singers, cause people didn’t know how they would do things at Blinds, so all the good ones went to the vets Blake and Adam. I really hope in the Spring, great singers choose Shakira and Usher because seriously, they are the most passionate, invested, and caring of all 4.

• BillyBob says:

When the moment their singers were eliminated and Usher and Shakira touched hands for support, I teared up :( I think Usher is pretty safe with Michelle and hopefully Shakira chooses the right song for Sasha to sing next week. I bet dear old Blake is rubbing it in… LOL!

• Adam Fachry says:

That’s gonna be part of their downfall come next spring. Because they don’t have a winner, the majority of people would still choose Blake and Adam over them. If that’s the case, might as well fire the other coaches and let Adam and Blake be the remaining coaches. Or if Blake wins again this season, let im coach every contestant alone. Lol.

35. Karen says:

I cheered when Amber was kept. I think Michelle will be in the final four for sure. I still love Adam’s team the best. With Michelle also. My prediction for final 4, Amber, Judith, Michelle and (ugh) Danielle. I don’t agree with the poster who said she sang better than the original artist. I was into country when most of those songs came out, she is no Pam Tillis. Her voice is clear and pitch is good, but she puts no emotion on her face when she sings. Sasha may go over the top on her songs, but I would rather see her tears, than Danielle’s smile.

36. Lois Benton says:

I’m sorry Kris is gone. He was in the Top Five performances last night and didn’t deserve elimination. The Swon Brothers or Holly would have probably gone in his place if it weren’t for the tornado. I don’t like any of the country artists. I’m STILL miffed about the fabulous Gracia Harrison’s untimely pre-voting dismissal last year. I curse Team Blake for that. So far, that cursing has had no effect. But I actively dislike Danielle, given that she seems smug and entitled, although I see her potential as a country artist. Right now, she has the vocal power, but no subtlety, musicality, or interpretative or story-telling skills. So, I wish she’d go away. I’m bored by Holly and Amber. Michelle is good, although she’s not the vocalist that Sarah, Judith and Sasha are, all three of them being excellent in their own special ways.

37. Lois Benton says:

Oh, and, Michael, Christina Milian? I’ve never actually seen that segment. We all know it’s horrible. Obviously, you watch The Voice real time. You, and the hand-full of bloggers who kindly blog reality shows, must be the only ones who might recognize her. There’s a marvelous game wherein whoever hits the bulleye first upon hearing the words “Christine Milian”, wins.

38. Sheilalala says:

Go America! Got it right again!
    So the ladies will be robbed of McSmirk, and we will never know if *the perfect song* will have ever rid poor Kris of his ‘deer in headlights expression.

Brr, as others have mentioned, I’m going to be bummed about people leaving now though, not crushed yet-if some of the country goes, I just don’t like country music. It was foisted onto me in childhood until I escaped to a big city. Anymore than Blake probably likes rap.

MY DREAM COUNTDOWN
    Next Week: Holly & Swons voted off island
    Next: Danielle and Sasha
    Finale: Amber, Michelle, Judith and Sarah

39. Gloria says:

I loved kris Thomas. Had a unique smooth voice similar to “Michael Jackson and no one had this voice. Singing loud like a lot of the othet contestants doesn’t translate to greatness. He did not seem nervous to me and levine harping on this was rude. He only wants to win and doesn’t care who he hurts. Big loss for America. Go Shakira and fight but not in a stupid insentive way like levine. Hope his girls loose.

40. Karen says:

Also, though I am not a huge fan of the Swon brothers, they sang their group song, both Holly and Danielle shouted it.
    BTW, Usher’s song with his group was way hot. Can I buy that song??

41. Glamberts says:

Please have Michelle do Adam Lambert’s ‘Whataya Want From Me’, she will rock it! Michelle can pull it off with her crazy coolness.

42. matt says:

Does anyone know what the ratio of iTunes votes to regular free votes is, generally speaking?

43. matt says:

Because I’m worried it’s a foregone conclusion Danielle is going to win, seeing that she’s the top on iTunes week after week.

44. Colleen says:

No! Sarah should have gone home. Actually, I wish she hadn’t made the top 12. She is overrated! Go Amber, Danielle and Sasha!

45. The right two went home for sure…PS- Why is the ” Take the Poll below” never actually there?

• HTGR says:

It doesn’t seem to show up in Firefox. In IE it shows up. It might also have to do with what java/ad blocking etc. is set in a browser.

46. charles says:

It is too bad that Tuesday Night was pre empted by the special on the Oklahoma situation. Those of us who follow the show every broadcast felt really left out in not seeing the actual results. Will the show be re-broadcast in the future?

47. dmelamed says:

i personally think Kris deserved to go home. It’s not that he doesn’t have a good voice, its just that he is really boring. I got to the point where I am fast-forwarding his performance cause he just doesn’t spark any interest in me.
    Josiah could have maybe stayed a few more weeks but sure not to the finale. He’s a good looking guy with a nice voice but something in his delivery is off setting, i think thats why america sent him home.
    I am also a country artist and I do not understand why Blake chose to keep the swon brothers hanging around and I do hope their time is coming up. Yes they are fairly entertaining and they sound ok but they are NOT a duo. It’s a guy with a backup singer, i think i would have liked it more if it was the one brother just trying to make it on the show.

• AKCountry says:

What do you think Brooks and Dunn were? They were also a guy with a backup singer, and they did OK on their personality and one good voice.

48. suem says:

I thought the results this week were spot on. I’ve been tired of Josiah for weeks now (although last week *was* pretty good); I figure he’s been coasting on his good looks. It was time for him to go. Kris has an amazing voice, but he doesn’t really bring the songs the way they should be brought to the audience. I don’t know if his current personal situation messed him up, or if he really can’t relate, but he hasn’t sung up to his perceived potential.
    My favorites this season are Danielle, Michelle, and the Swon Brothers – for different reasons. Danielle has such an effortlessly wonderful voice. Yes, she is young and not ready for the really gritty songs, but that voice is marvelous and I believe she will go far no matter the outcome of this show. I adore Michelle – there is something vulnerable yet fun about her and I’ve enjoyed every performance. I expect her to do well in the future as well. I never expected to like the Swon Brothers as well as I do. In fact, I thought Blake was wrong to keep them over Christian Porter, but now I understand. They have tightened up their vocals and their harmonies are great. Plus, they are such fun to watch and have great stage presence.
    So far as the other singers go – I like both Holly and Amber, but I think they are overshadowed by Danielle and Michelle. Sarah has a great voice, but I don’t care at all for scream rock and she has faltered a bit on the sad ballads. I feel Judith is a bit of a ringer since she has so much previous experience. I kind of feel that about Sasha as well, although I don’t enjoy Sasha nearly as much as I enjoy listening to Judith.
    And to those of you listing famous/great Canadian singers, how could you not mention Gordon Lightfoot or Leonard Cohen? Sheesh.

49. Ruby says:

This season is incredibly dull. The only two worth watching are Judith and Sasha. How many religious blonde country girl singers does one show need? And yet all four of them keep hanging on. Glad to see Josiah go though. (DID WE MENTION HE’S A MODELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL?!)

50. joey says:

As long as Candice Glover is still in the competition, I’m good.