Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Vampire Diaries, Nikita, Psych, Revenge, Covert Affairs and More!

blog_aa_5.21.13Got a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: For the love of a Happy Ending, any word on whether or not USA Network will right a terrible wrong? —Tiera
Ausiello: No news is, in this case, pretty good news. Negotiations continue between Sony and USA, which tells me that the cabler remains seriously interested in giving the show a fourth season. Meanwhile, if the talks collapse — bite your tongue, Ausiello! — it’s an inevitability that Damon Wayans Jr. will find himself back on New Girl next season in some capacity. (You’ll recall Wayans appeared in the New Girl pilot, but was forced to drop out when Happy Endings earned a surprise second season; Lamorne Morris’s Winston was brought in to fill the void.) Jake Johnson, who’s currently shooting the comedy Let’s Be Cops with Wayans in Atlanta, says he’d be thrilled to “welcome [Wayans'] Coach back to the loft,” adding, “I would be surprised if he doesn’t come back for a while” should Happy Endings fail to find a new home. “There would be such funny episodes with the Coach seeing what’s happened in the past two years since he’s [been] gone.”

RELATED | 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Cancelled? What’s Returning? What’s Still on the Bubble?

Question: Do you have any more Bones scoop on Season 9 and/or Booth and Brennan’s situation? Everything will be resolved by Christmas if they are already planning to have that big episode with both Booth and Brennan’s families, right? —Amelia
Ausiello: By Christmas-ish. Exec producer Stephen Nathan previously hinted that the current Pelant crisis will be wrapped up “within the first half of the year.”

Question: I bet if you put your finger to your head and I send you a pineapple you could give me scoop on Psych. —Vicki
Ausiello: How ’bout I save you the postage and just tell you that Psych‘s musical episode finds Lassiter and Shawn hitting the dance floor. Together. Meaning, with each other. “James [Roday] and I have a tango and it’s rather romantic,” Timothy Omundson tells TVLine’s Matt Mitovich with a laugh. “We sing and tango with each other. So let’s just say this: It takes [our] relationship to a whole new level.”

Question: Is Cristin Milioti going to be a series regular on How I Met Your Mother next season? —Nick
Ausiello: Your answer is here.

Question: Good day sir! Long time reader, first time asker. Will we see the final slaps in Season 9 of How I Met Your Mother? —Andrew
Ausiello: Yes.

ryanQuestion: I’m almost scared to ask, but is there any hope of Nikita getting more than the initially-ordered six final episodes next year?  —AJ
Ausiello: Not a chance in hell. But here’s something you can hold out hope for: A prominent role for Division-less Ryan right up until the end. “Ryan’s talents when we met him [involved] peeling back the layer of a grand conspiracy — and there is no more grander conspiracy than the one we have for Season 4,” teases exec producer Craig Silverstein. “So, he’ll be instrumental is spotting the patterns and forming their front against The Shop and what they’re trying to bring about.” (BTW, Silverstein says the entire cast will be back for the farewell season, and that includes Devon Sawa’s Owen/Sam.)

RELATED | Nikita Boss on [Spoiler]‘s Shocking Sacrifice, Season 4 Time Jump

Question: Anything you can share on Nikita‘s shortened final season? —Jordan
Ausiello: If Noah Bean (the actor behind the aforementioned Ryan) has his way, “The final moment is going to be a Mexican standoff where we’ve all got guns pointed at each other. And then a car backfires and everybody fires their gun — and we’re all dead!” The question is, will Noah Bean get his way?!

Question: Do you know if Revenge will be doing a time jump between seasons? —Jeremy
Ausiello:  Sounds like there’s one on the drawing board. A little birdie who happens to be a staff writer on Revenge shared some preliminary Season 3 intel with Nick Wechsler (Jack), and a flash forward was involved. “If it happens — and that’s a big “if” because it hasn’t been run by anyone else — we would pick up later,” shares Wechsler. “[If] it’s months later or a year or more, I don’t know. But it would pick up later.”

Question: Please tell me Zoe is going to go back to Wade after she takes some time for herself on Hart of Dixie? —Amanda
Ausiello: Wilson Bethel says a full-fledged Zoe-Wade “scenario” in Season 3 “seems pretty logical,” although he believes it was smart for the show to end the season with Zoe pulling a Kelly Taylor. “It’s probably good that there’s a bit of anticipation about what she will do” heading into the fall.

Question: Jack Bauer is coming back to TV! Surely you have a 24 scoop for us? Can you at least tell us if fan favorites Chloe and Tony will be back alongside Jack? —Fin
Ausiello: Mary Lynn Rajskub is being eyed to return as Chloe, but my gut tells me you shouldn’t hold your breath re: Carlos Bernard/Tony.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to What’s New!

Question: What’s in store for Jeremy next season on The Vampire Diaries, now that he’s back among the living? —Chloe
Ausiello: As EP Julie Plec notes, “Nobody knows the truth” about his resurrection — specifically, that Bonnie essentially sacrificed her life for his. As a result, “There’s going to be some explaining to do and it’s not necessarily going to make his return to his old life very easy.”

Question: Will Claire Holt (Rebekah) appear in any Vampire Diaries episodes next fall? Or is she going straight to The Originals? —Justine
Ausiello:
“We do have the ability to use Rebekah on either show in the beginning,” says Plec. ” We will see when we start writing how much of her we’ll see before she heads off to New Orleans.” One scenario has the new season of TVD picking up at the tail end of Rebekah and Matt’s European vacation. “When we get back, we might see [them] still on their trip,” shares Plec, adding, “When Matt gets back to Mystic Falls, his whole world will have changed. I can’t wait to see what comes out of that adventure and how he re-adapts to life at Mystic Grill.” (For more TVD Season 5 spoilers click here.)

Question: So inquiring minds want to know —how will Kate respond to Rick’s proposal on Castle? —Rita
Ausiello: Sources confirm to me exclusively that she will say yes… or no… or something in between. Molly Quinn (Alexis) is pulling for a yes, arguing, “Castle is the best man out there and absolutely loves her and is devoted to her.” Should an engagement and wedding come to pass, don’t expect a certain three-letter word to ever come out of Alexis’ mouth. “I don’t think that Alexis will ever see her as a stepmom because a stepmother has authority,” explains Quinn. “There’s no way that Alexis would be OK with that. She’s used to running the house. And not even her dad has that much authority. So she would see Beckett as an equal and she would totally appreciate [her]. But I don’t even think Beckett would ever try to [parent]. Alexis is an adult now. She’s 20. If this had happened when Alexis was 16, that would have been a totally different story. I’m very glad that it didn’t happen because that would have been a lot of rebellion and a lot of trouble.”

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard: Find Out Who Died, Who Got Hitched, Who Broke Up and More!

Question: I’m bummed Downton Abbey isn’t returning until January 2014. (Was hoping the new season would air simultaneously with the UK run in the fall.) Any scoop to tide me over? —Connie
Ausiello: The bitch is back. Exec producer Gareth Neame tells TVLine that former Ice Queen Mary will freeze back over in the wake of Matthew’s death. “She mellowed with Matthew [and] opened up a lot more,” he notes. “But I think [after losing Matthew and Sybil], she would be just so devastated that I think it would lock her down and [she would] go back into a lot of the traits that she had before – that very difficult to read characteristic she’s got. I think we’ll see a lot of those very dark and complex things about Mary.”

Grimm - Season 2Question: Got any Grimm scoop in advance of this week’s season finale? —Derek
Ausiello: Sgt. Wu’s got a first name and David Giuntoli claims he “knows what it is.” Um…. How ’bout a hint, DG? “I’ll just say this,” he adds. “It rhymes.” What’s the over/under on DG punk’n us?

Question: Do you have anything on Covert Affairs? —Allyson
Ausiello: The USA hit is moving full steam ahead with Annie and Auggie. In the wake of the pair’s season-ending smooch, “Annie and Auggie start Season 4 in a relationship. Yes, we go there,” reveals Christopher Gorham. “We really explore how that works and what that is. It plays into what I think is the theme of the year, which is secrets, because everybody’s got one, or two. Joan’s got a secret, Arthur’s got a secret… Everybody! Auggie’s got a whopper of a secret, and when they all start eventually coming out, it creates some great, great drama.”

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments, and anonymous tips to askausiello@tvline.com. (Additional reporting by Meg Masters, Kim Roots and Vlada Gelman)

1. Lynn says:

Kari Matchett’s pregnant and I’m pretty sure that’ll end up being Joan’s secret on Covert Affairs. Joan and Arthur with a baby sounds exciting!

• Merrily Snider says:

Kari Matchett just broke the news that she was pregnant however, her baby is due in June. Probably won’t see any storyline on Covert Affairs.

• Lynn says:

I know she’s due in June, but they’ve been filming for months. It makes a lot of sense that Joan is going to be pregnant too.

• maryploppins says:

Hmm I dunno if pregnancy would be the type of drama they’d go for with Joan … I’m assuming it’ll have something to do with Henry’s secret file. And I doubt the contents of the file were, “Congrats, Joan’s pregnant!!” Haha you never know though, they could still write it in. I’m mainly just wondering if Kari having the baby in June will mean that we’ll get a few eps with little-to-no-Joan in the middle of the season, since filming goes through October. We shall see.

2. Esaul says:

Shawn and Lassi tangoing? YES PLEASE. Also would love to see Coach on New Girl.

3. Alex says:

@Connie just bite the bullet like the rest of us and watch downton online as it airs in the UK

4. Stephanie says:

“(BTW, Silverstein says the entire cast will be back for the farewell season, and that includes Devon Sawa’s Owen/Sam.)” — any chance he specified whether or not that means all 6 episodes, or just some of them?

• Martoukian says:

The person I was watching the show for won’t be back: Sean.

• Stephanie says:

Yeah, I’m still sad about that. But I am LOVING the show still.

• dude says:

If you were just watching the show for Sean then you couldn’t have been a big fan or even understood the show that much. I mean, Sean? Really? Alex’s judgmental boyfriend who’s sole purpose on the show was to be against Division and give Lyndsy Fonseca sexytimes? If you’re watching Nikita for anyone other than Nikita, you’re kind of missing the point of the show as well as Maggie Q’s awesomeness.

• Nikita says:

If you ignore the awesomeness of Lyndsy Fonseca though and only focusing on one character then you are as much missing the point of the show though too.

5. LK says:

Revenge is going to have a time jump??? I think its a cheat to not let fans see the rest of that Emily/Jack conversation from the cliff hanger… what is his reaction to learning the truth? They need to show it, even if in a flashback

• Michelle says:

Couldn’t agree with you more…. If we go into season 3 months later I’ll not be happy. I want to see what Jack’s reaction to that bombshell was & hopefully in that 1st episode. 😡

• Kelly says:

Completely agree. Fans deserve to see Jack’s reaction to Emily’s confession in real time, not what happens months later. I’ll definitely feel cheated by a time jump.

• ZmaX says:

yeah, but i’m sure they could do a flashback. flashbacks are a big part of the series, so a flashback with that scene is a good bet…i hope!

• dude says:

Didn’t they say that they were going to pick right up where the finale left off?

6. Chris says:

I’m really excited about Auggie and Annie being in a relationship. I’m also really curious about Augies secret.

• LK says:

I’m not happy about that… they were better as friends… I dont think they work as a couple..

• Sg. Grant says:

Augie’s secret is that he can actually see, and has been faking blindness the whole time because he is afraid to go back into the field.

• Suz says:

I’d say he’s Starting to get his sight back. He Wants to be in the field!

• Anna says:

I saw a Covert Affairs interview a while back where they said until there is a real medical “cure” for traumatic brain injury to the occipital lobe (the part of the brain that houses the visual cortex), Auggie won’t be getting his sight back.

• Marion says:

I always got a more big brother/little sister vibe from Auggie and Annie. He seems more mentor than love interest, and I may or may not have been yelling “NOOOOOO!!!!!” at my TV at the end of last season…

• c-mo says:

I was definitely yelling “NOOOOO!!!!!!” at my TV. I don’t like Auggie and Annie together at all.

• A.B. says:

I want to say I heard some actress is coming in for an episode to play an old flame of Auggies so I wonder if that’s it.

• Bella says:

Me too, can’t wait :)

7. Callum says:

Revenge: Time jump? Noooo

Psych: Woo I totally ship those two!

Vampire Diaries: I hope we still get to see Bonnie a lot, I heard she’ll be on but just as a ghost. About Rebecca, she needs to be with Klaus & Elijah… But I totally want her and Matt to be together too! Too bad Matt couldn’t just go to the Orginals. :(

• Bella says:

Not a fan of time jumps, but who knows it may work for Revenge. As for Bonnie what a huge disappointment that was, she had to die so Jeremy could live. I’d rather Bonnie still be alive, not just a ghost that only Jeremy can see.

8. Amy says:

Not a chance in hell for Nikita…which posted a 0.4 on a friday night but its all good we have BTAB and Heart of Dixie bringing in those numbers on a weeknight. Does anyone else see the problem with this?

• Brandy says:

Hod only got one 0.4, mostly it & BaTB got 0.5-0.6& BaTB had a few 0.7 and HoD had one 0.7 Nikitas season high was two 0.5s.Nikitas been under a million viewers five times in season three, as well as getting three 0.2s mainly 0.3-0.4.HoD/BaTB get better ratings than Nikita.Also, Likley some of the reason Nikita got a short season was because of Craig’s new pilt(which he initially missed pitching Nikita season four to CW for) & cause CW will Likley syndicate Nikita in Asia with fewer than 88 episodes.HoD and BaTB ratings aren’t great but by CW standards, they’re ok.HoD & BaTB are also the fourth to fifth highest rated CW show whereas Nikita is the second lowest rated after Cult ,going by the season as a whole.Nikita is also exspensive to produce and HoD ,BaTB are very cheap to produce.Finally, look at DVr numbers.HoD gets 0.8-1.0,BatB gets 0.8,& Nikita gets 0.3-0.4- all with Live Plus 7 .Nikita from a ratings standpoint deserved to be cancelled because it’s ratings are very low even by CW standards.Be thankful you get another season(be it short and at Midseason)& also a chance to wrap up properly.

• Brandy says:

Also, HoD & BaTB W18-34 demos are better than Nikita’s.Also, look at the competition:HoD went up against NCIS,The Voice(two of the highest rated shows on broadcast networks,Dancing and Bachelor(bachelor was up in ratings this season and both Bachelor/Dancing target women viewers just as HoD does).BaTB goes up against Scandal(which is way up in ratings this season and on fire ratings/buzz/social media wise) at the least.

• Michael says:

Are you for real with these likes. You do no ratings on a friday is different right. You do also know that Nikita had been preempted these last few weeks because of Bonston bomber,Baseball ect. Without preemptions Nikita get 0.4-0.5 on a FRIDAY.

Nikita’s DVR is 0.5-0.6 you are such a big fat liar.
          Also BatB has NEVER been against Scandal its a 10pm show moron. BatB is a 9pm show. CW doesn’t even air on 10pm.

Amy is totall right. Brandy you are lying check your nose it might get bigger everyday because of all your lies lol.

• Brandy says:

Actually, In MT , maybe others, BaTB and Scandal air at 9, so , maybe you quit lying and chheck your factsBondoel.Ill be soo glad when Nikita ends and you leave the message boards and people dont have to deal with your jerkinesss anymore,insulting and name calling.Also, Nikita barley ever makes the Top 25 Dvr Lives 7 list ,when it does, its only for a tenth a point which is not impressive.Even 90210 had five 0.5_0.6 before winter christmas break ,which gives it a higher season rating average and its 0.2_0.4 got it ended this season, so when Nikita has the same that got a show cancelled, theres no defending it or spinning its ratings as good when its the second lowest rated on CW.As for the Fri Factor, it dosent esist.Repeats on CW got the same 0.3_0 4 as Nikita, a repeat of a music special got a 0.4 too, and repeats of seven yr old xmas specials got 0.5, double what Nikita got when it aired the week before.Plus, Nikita dosent gain very much in dvr, so theres no Fri Factor.Especially when Top Model got a few 0.5 ,even after moving from Wed, it kept its previous season ratings frim a weeknight on fri.

• Alex says:

Stinkita has gone as low as 2.0. Stinkita does not deserve extra episodes.

• Nikita says:

It did better than some other CW stuff is doing now though (when it wasn’t buried on Friday night).

• Nikita says:

Nikita also wasn’t even shown at all in some of the largest markets due to the Boston tragedy so you can hardly count that week (or two’s) ratings.

9. castlefan says:

soooo basically no news on the castle front.

• M. says:

Right!

Just another one of these MQ-interviews that have absolutely no intel on the show.

• Katherine says:

I hate when they do that. I like hearing the cast members’ opinions about where they think the show will go, but don’t try to tell me that it’s a spoiler. Unless it’s based on something they heard from Marlowe, it’s just opinion.

• Lauren says:

YES. Exactly. It’s fine hearing the cast members’ opinions, but don’t call it a “spoiler” unless it’s more than just an opinion.

• badpenny says:

Castle is a popular show and so the threads probably get more hits when Stana or Nathan are in the picture. Since advertising revenue is somewhat based off of thread clicks it benefits the site to put them in a spoiler list even if it’s not much of a spoiler.
      And at this stage even Marlowe probably doesn’t know what Kate’s answer will be. They’re all on vacation right now. :)

• Lauren says:

I suspect that AM *does* know what Beckett’s answer will be, but hasn’t told anyone (other than perhaps his wife). He strikes me as a big-picture thinker–i.e., he knows where things are going. But he keeps those thoughts close so as not to spoil everything.

• Mary says:

Agree, I´m sure he does know where things are going!:)
          Actually, I believe the asnwer is already filmed, only maybe more than one scenario…

• Rich Abey says:

Yup. Your scenario is the most likely. Its highly unlikely that AM has no clue about what Kate’s response is going to be. I mean does anybody know of any TV show bosses who would give away such a vital piece of info away EARLY? Its gonna be pretty hard for us to predict..so many possibilites. Just hope that AM would do justice to their relationship and especially to Castle who has invested so much in Kate.

• Rich Abey says:

Well has it been any different a situation after the other season finales we’ve had so far? They are gonna keep things under wraps till the sneak peeks come out. Best way to build tension & anticipations to maximise viewer ratings. This has been the case so far for Castle: Very strong start (averaging 11-12 million viewers) which slowly peters out in December (where practically every show dips) and January and then starts picking up the pace from February onwards. Just wish for once that AM would change the order of the season. Maybe start with a scene (Kate pregnant??…or maybe a news item on TV exposing Bracken’s wrong doings) followed by “6 months before” so that they have a season (or at least a 1/2 season) long arc to refresh the show a bit.

10. Martin says:

Please tell me Lyndie Greenwood (Sonya) will be promoted to series regular for the finale 6 episode season, Love Sonya, hope here and Birkhoff get a happy ending in the series finale.

11. queerbec says:

Lou Wu?

12. queerbec says:

Lou Wu?

13. Michelle says:

Glad FOX are thinking about bringing Chloe back for the return of “24″. I hope they have Aaron make a return too, I’m still annoyed they didn’t bring him back for season 8. Glenn Morshower needs to make at least one appearance.

14. geraghtyvl says:

Pelant around until “Christmas-ish”… just no.

• Sarah says:

@geraghtyvl

I can work with that, to be honest. Would I rather him be gone in the premiere? Absolutely! But I already knew (from SN’s interviews) that wasn’t going to happen.

• atlanta says:

Pelant until xmas, just ugh, thought the Jeffersonian team were the premiere federal investigation unit and in what world would a serial killer break up an engagement? Just ridiculous.

• Bridget says:

At least they’re not dragging out this ridiculous Pelant arc for another whole season or until after the first of the year. I feel better knowing there’s an end in sight.

• Todd says:

This last season was horrible and since Pelant is not being wrapped up in the premiere, I won’t be watching.

15. Sarah says:

“Exec producer Stephen Nathan previously hinted that the current Pelant crisis will be wrapped up ‘within the first half of the year.’”

There’s only one word I have to say about this: Hallelujah!!!!

• taran63 says:

“The CURRENT Pelant crisis will be wrapped up.” To me that says the engagement mess will be wrapped up, but Pelant will still be around. Which sucks, because I’m getting really sick of him. If a cyber-terrorist could really do the things he could do, a task force would’ve been set up by now to hunt him down and neutralize him.

• Sarah says:

@taran63

“The CURRENT Pelant crisis will be wrapped up.”

Yeah, a friend of mine pointed that out, and now I’m like ‘Ah, crap!’ But if he’s still going to be around after the Christmas break, I’m done.

16. Eliza says:

I really like Damon Waynes Jr. so I’m all for him making an appearance on New Girl. I remember I was a bit worried I wasn’t going to like the change when he left New Girl…but Lamorne Morris is great. Winston cracks me up!

17. Eva says:

Does Molly Quinn really knows her character ? Alexis at 16 was a really cool kid, she was fun, absolutely not in a rebellion phase, she loved Kate and she was even her confident ! Everytime her father was with a new woman she was always pretty cool about it, not trying to mark her territory or to “run the house”. Sometimes I feel like Molly speaks too much for herself and not for Alexis. She expresses her own opinion ignoring everything about her own character…

• Kelly says:

Eva, I know what you mean. I really like Alexis…until I hear Molly talk about her. She has the tendency to make her character sound like a self centered brat which is normally not what we see on the show. I’ve always loved the relationship between Castle and Alexis. He may not be the most authoritative parent but I wouldn’t say he let his daughter “run the house” either. And before the shooting incident Alexis seemed to look up to Kate. This is why I try to avoid Molly Quinn interviews.

• scooby says:

I don’t disagree that she blends the two, but it sounds like there are a lot of similarities–Molly’s very disciplined and mentally precocious if you listen to her talk. I can believe she and Nathan aren’t that different in their relationship than Castle and Alexis. When anybody asks her a question about the show, instead of trying to be silly, she takes it more seriously not that she’s not fun. Regarding Alexis and Beckett, I don’t think Beckett’s the type to act like a mom, more like a great mentor who’d only involve herself when asked to. Alexis hasn’t really had a mother figure really, and Deep Fried Twinkie’s not whatcha’d call stable or consistent. There’s a reason Castle’s got custody and she doesn’t seem to fight it. Martha’s supportive, but still not always around, just another influence that Alexis appreciates and doesn’t have to deal with in terms of being an authority figure. She really is the biggest authority figure in her own life. I’d say Molly’s not wrong.

• Lauren says:

ICAM, TVline should stop reporting on fall shows until the new season comes around. Exactly.

• just one thing... says:

For the last long while, every time I read an interview with Molly Quinn, I visibly cringe. There’s something about her tone, her choice of words, all of it really, that almost comes off as malicious, inconsiderate, and a bit desperate.
      I totally understand actors’ passions for their characters and for their story. And everyone has different opinions. But Quinn seems to view Beckett as some kind of threat, and if Susan Sullivan’s past interviews (the most recent of which at the Disney International Upfronts) are any indication, she seems to have similar leanings. She was quite hostile and matter-of-fact about her statement that Kate would be stupid to decline Rick’s marriage proposal. (Mind you, a little over a year ago, Sullivan jokingly bemoaned — in character — the idea of Castle and Beckett getting married.)
      I’ve let it go and haven’t bothered mentioning it in any open forum, but I now have to ask: Have Quinn and Sullivan always feared that further advancement in the Castle/Beckett relationship would edge them out, diminishing their relevance? They’ve each made similarly negative comments in the past about Castle/Beckett moving forward and even moving in together. Since that seems to be the next logical step in the story, they now seem to have a stance on Castle/Beckett’s potential engagement that has less to do with the characters belonging together and more to do with how awesome (and flawless?) Castle is.
      Both actors seem to magically forget the fact that, from a very clear and blatant story perspective, Castle has been married twice and has yet to explain or discuss WHY those relationships ended. I guess that’s because they see the story from their characters’ eyes, but still… A little rationale could go a long way in some of these interviews, and I’m surprised they seem unwilling to publicly grasp it.
      It’s all just a little off-putting. And I can’t help but wonder where this hostility is coming from. Do both actors really believe that their characters can’t continue to grow with Castle/Beckett as a closer couple? And, really, do they honestly believe that their characters would somehow get more attention if Beckett were *less* in the picture? I’m all for balance among the secondary characters who’ve pulled their weight for years, but let’s get real: If nothing else is a mandate from the network/studio, I think heavy doses of Castle and Beckett — whether together or apart — are expected.
      Sorry for the rant, particularly since it veered off-topic. I just assume that Quinn and Sullivan are going to continue to be interviewed before Season 6′s story arcs are divulged, and their joint, decidedly anti-Beckett, perspective is vexing. I’m grateful their views haven’t seemed to influence any aspects of the story — particularly if those issues are never gonna be addressed head-on
      And Eva, I agree that Quinn’s perspective of a more aggressive, territorial Alexis never quite translated into actual character behavior years ago. Thankfully.

• mARION says:

Ich könnte mir vorstellen das Beckett weder ja noch nein sagt. Der Job in DC. hat es ihr angetan und sie will auch nicht die Beziehung zu Castle aufgeben, sie liebt ihn und er liebt sie.
        Sie wird wohl probearbeiten bei ihrem neuen Job und mit Castle reden und sie muss es durch-ziehen und nicht von ihm weg stoßen lassen. Denn Castle hat immer gut reden mit seiner Tochter Alexis und selber versucht er es nicht einmal. Eine Fernbeziehung kann gut gehen, man muss nur mit einander reden. Oder er zieht dort mit hin. Aber das müssen wir wohl ab warten bis September. Sie wird den Job nicht annehmen und Castle nicht jetzt heiraten sondern zu einem späteren Zeitpunkt wenn alles geklärt ist.

• Rich Abey says:

You are entitled to your own opinion but have to disagree with you on a few accounts. I personally don’t feel that Quinn and Susan feel threatened that they will go out of relevance. AM & his fellow producers & directors decide where the show will go…no amount of us bantering in socal media or actors screaming out their personal opinions would change much. The actors know it and are mature enough to not to be so silly and self-centered.

• Luis says:

I don’t know if their concerns are for their own roles/screen time, or for the health of the show in general. Such worries wouldn’t be unfounded. Much of the tension that the show generated was the will they- won’t they tension between Beckett and Castle. The show lost a bit of steam when that tension resolved into a full-blown relationship, coinciding with the “resolution” of the murder of Beckett’s mother as a focus. The simultaneous loss of these two sources of tension left the writers at a bit of a loss as to what would drive the series – the whole keeping the relationship secret subplot was ridiculous,as I believe the writers acknowledged. The best episode of the season for me was the “Rear Window” episode, and that was more of a gimmick than anything else. The idea of Castle and Beckett marrying, if not handled extremely well, could overwhelm the series in true shark-jumping fashion, leading to a show-killing viewer exodus.

• Rich Abey says:

Agree with you on her comment about “running the house”. But alos its time she grew up ypu know. Children respond in different ways to puberty and Alexis’s was quite rare in that she barely changed (no major rebellions..kudos to Castle’s daughter management). But now she has gone through quite a lot of trauma (fear of Kate’s assasins targeting Castle and her own family and finally her kidnapping). So in a way, I feel that the way Molly responds would go in line with character/personality changes that Alexis would go through. Plus she is justified in not always idolising Kate anymore..she is angry that Kate is a reason why her family was in danger(especially her father…unintended though!). But she is free to express her opinions and what come through eventually is Andrew’s imtepretation…plus AM commented that Molly has given quite some input into Alexis’s character progression that he has actually taken into the script…so she can’t be always wrong about Alexis.

• just one thing... says:

I guess my frustration with Quinn’s interpretation is that it has never been addressed head-on or directly. She played Alexis as pissed at Kate in the bank episode, which makes sense given the danger Castle has been put in at Beckett’s side. But this was a run-of-the-mill routine that ended in danger, which would have been a great time for one of the Castles or Rodgers to acknowledge that danger can happen unexpectedly and even if you aren’t looking for it.
        Flash forward a season, and you have Quinn playing Alexis’ response to Castle and Beckett getting together as pissed, only for it to be said in actual dialogue that she wasn’t mad. It just seemed uneven and inconsistent. If Alexis doesn’t trust Beckett with her dad, if she fears he has put his life at risk too many times for her, why haven’t they ever shown a conversation about that between Alexis and Kate or Kate and Castle?
        Instead, coupled with Quinn’s interviews and comments, there is just this awkward undertone, where a somewhat decent conflict is left unaddressed like an elephant in the room. It doesn’t help that Kate and Alexis probably have said all of 10 lines to each other onscreen over the last two seasons. And over half of them were in the 100th episode.

I just think that if one actor wants for there to be conflict between two characters and insists on playing that up on and offscreen, then it should be addressed in their own version of a watershed moment. Let Alexis say her peace, let Beckett defend herself and promise to have Castle’s best interests at heart, and let them move on.

18. Kristina says:

Yay, glad they’re “going there” and not just brushing it off. Looking forward to CA being back!

• Jess LA says:

Me too! I’m so beyond excited to see Auggie and Annie finally get together! This was my favorite show to watch on college nights and it still is. I get how some people don’t really like Annie and Auggie together while some of us do, it’s their own opinion and they’re free to it, like we are, but with that said I’m glad they’re going there and not brushing it off either! Auggie and Annie (Piper and Chris) have some amazing chemistry, and they prove that you can be friends first, best friends at that, and enter into a relationship with them because in the end it does seem simpler because they already know almost everything about you and your quirks….but I do wonder what they’re secrets are and if Annie will tell Auggie about the file in the first episode of the forth season (:

19. Xime says:

I would love to see the coach in New Girl, he was amazing!!!

20. Maria says:

I still don’t understand why Rebekah’s making the move to The Originals. She has no reason to be in New Orleans. Not to mention, Rebekah has stated countless times that she wants a life in Mystic Falls without Klaus. Ugh…

21. Katrina says:

can we get some spoilers for tv shows that are on or that are coming on this summer??

22. Tiera says:

I would love to see Coach back on New Girl for an episode or two, but not if that means sacrificing Happy Endings. I love Brad and the rest of the gang too much. And speaking of gang, I can’t wait to see the remaining slaps doled out on HIMYM, especially since the season is taking place during the longest weekend ever…let’s just hope these slaps are given before the wedding pictures.

23. Kay says:

Thanks for the Kelly Taylor reference Ausiello!

24. Robin says:

So excited about Annie and Auggie. That should be interesting! I am intrigued about his secret! And when does this show come back!? Because it wasn’t on the May/June premiere calendar…so I’m thinking July…if we are lucky! I would much rather it be July and not August or later! gah!!

Revenge possible time jump – I hope not! At least not right away…we have to see Jack’s reaction to Emily/Amanda’s confession!!!

• Jess LA says:

July 16th and I have the same feelings you do towards CA so excited well beyond that for the show and Auggie and Annie finally getting together! And let’s not forget they’re steamy kiss ;)

25. Missmurray says:

After watching fringe with another blonde character and a male love interest, who people keep hating on, I’m soooo afraid of auggies secret. I hope the secret does not hurt Annie and make her a passive aggressive wench like olivia Dunham from fringe.

• 4theloveoffilm says:

“Passive-aggressive wench?!” We must not have watched the same show. Olivia Dunham (regardless of universe and timeline) was never that.

26. lola says:

Thank you Ausiello for finally giving us some Hart of Dixie spoilers. This sounds like very good news for ‘us Zade fans out there’. Can’t wait for a well deserved season three…

27. 24 without Tony sounds ridiculously disappointing. I hope your gut is wrong because otherwise? Yawn.

28. Caro says:

Happy Endings is HORRIBLE! It’s just a Friends wannabe! I would much rather see Body of Proof picked up by USA!

• Anna says:

Happy Endings wasn’t like Friends at all. The only similarity is a really superficial one – the fact that they are a group of friends. That’s like saying that Friends is a Seinfeld wannabe.

• Bob says:

Same could be said of “Cougar Town”.

• Disappointed says:

I really doubt Friends would ever make the jokes Happy Endings does, and I’m a huge fan of both. It’s not a wannabe.

29. Nikita says:

Still wish they could’ve let Nikita go out on a 4th season evne if it had to be just 13. Six isn’t really as season and it’s so short that you are already cringing that it’s over from the first episode. If they went 13 people wouldn’t think about the impending end until like 8 episodes in.
    Unless of course they did make them truly movie-like and made them 2 hours long.
    It’s more that we are getting and extra extended movie to wrap things up than we are getting a 4th season. I guess that is far better than how VM got dumped (until the fans just saved it now) and Terminator:SCC got dumped just as they had an amazing third season planned out (and that one sadly never did gets it’s mini wrap up, even just six episodes for that would’ve made a world of difference so I guess at least we are getting that with Nikita. I still wish they hadn’t dumped it to Friday so quickly though, isn’t stuff like BnB and such doing even worse than Nikita had on non-Fridays?).

30. Caro says:

If they put Zoe and Wade into a relationship without giving Zoe and George a chance I am DONE with Hart of Dixie! I can’t stand Zoe with Wade but then again, I don’t know why any woman would want to date a loser like Wade!

• Hannah says:

Lolz, same here. I never understood why people were so obsessed with Wade. He’s a child, and Zoe is too good for him.

• Bella says:

Not me, I love Zoe/Wade, when they first got together I couldn’t believe it but after a few episodes I absolutely loved them. Liked George with Tansy.

31. Really? That’s the lame ass spoiler that you come up with for Psych? The mind boggles. BOOORING!

32. Ella says:

1. I would watch Damon Wayans Jr. watching paint dry. I love Happy Endings but I wish he could do both that AND New Girl because Lamorne Morris is not even a patch on him.

2. Mary Crawley never UNfroze.

33. chesty laroo says:

Thanks for the Psych spoiler! Fun stuff! Can’t wait to see Shawn and Lassie tango it up. They make a sexy pair. *roarrr*

34. Thanks for the Nikita scoop. Nice to hear that Ryan will go back to his original role as the “data whisperer” who puts the piece together and spots patterns. It suits him much better than being the leader.

35. Nikki says:

So there may, or may not, be a time jump in Revenge. And if there is, it could be months or a year, but then there might not be one to begin with. Great info there, haha :)

36. Tracie says:

Thanks for the Hart of Dixie scoop. Hopefully the writers go with what is logical. I’m excited to see what season 3 has in store for Wade and Zoe. I don’t need them to be back together right away, but I would like the focus to be on them working toward that goal or at least have that push/pull that is so great about their relationship.

I’m happy to finally see Auggie & Annie in a relationship in Covert Affairs. That should be a lot of fun to see And I can’t wait to see what Auggie’s secret is.

37. Wilson says:

Thanks for the TVD Jeremy scoop! Jeremy has always been my favourite character and I’m so thrilled that he is returning. It will be very interesting to see how he explains Bonnie’s death and his own resurrection.

38. Shannon says:

Reggie’s commented a few times that he wants it to be Lou. But we’ll see.

39. Ruby says:

I don’t understand Zoe/Wade shippers anymore. He cheated on her. If it was anyone else, y’all would be gnashing your teeth over it, but because you find Wilson Bethel hot, his character cheating is perfectly fine? That’s messed up. I was a Zoe/Wade shipper up until that, but cheating is unforgivable. (Trust me, I’ve been through it.)

40. tj says:

No Annie and Auggie, the chemisty they have are brother and sister.. Annie should be with Eyal!

41. Gretchen says:

I’ve speculated before they might replace Lamorne Morris with Damon Wayans now that Happy Endings is cancelled. The Winston character has never taken off and it’s clear they don’t really know what to do with him. Damon is just funnier.

• tripoli says:

Completely disagree. While I can believe that Winston is perhaps the least liked of the cast, he’s actually a pretty funny character now. He’s evolved quite a bit from season 1 where he was pretty one note and not necessary to most of the plot lines. Can’t imagine they would replace him, even if Wayans is availble again.

42. Disappointed says:

I’m crossing my fingers on Happy Endings! Thanks for the scoop.

43. Tom says:

Do you really believe the network suits would ever pass up the opportunity for a Castle sweeps wedding? Weddings cost money in real life, on television they make money.

• Squintern says:

And the only people who’ll care about a Beckett-Castle wedding are the slobbering fans who can’t tell the difference between the people who actually make up the ratings and the drooling fans.

If AWM want’s a seventh season, he’ll avoid a wedding. It’ll serve him to “reset” and “restart” the relationship—one that isn’t built on the rebounding of a yet another near death experience.

I love the show but I can’t find the Beckett-Castle relationship believable knowing Beckett only came to the conclusion she was in love with him while she was fearing for her life.

• Rich Abey says:

I understand your POV. Kate has some explaining to do to castle. Trust me i’m a huge Castle shipper but i’m always frustated that kate cant make a big decision without some life threatening event. Its not that she doesnt love castle…its been obvious since season 3 but despite what she said about her walls coming down they all havent come down, which is why she needs a trigger like ‘danger’ to bring them down long enough to make some decision, which is what we saw in the finale where she has such a hard time making up her mind due to the lack of an obvious trigger and partly due to castle’s own insecurities. My guess is that this is all part of andrew marlowe’s plan and maybe the walls will come down fully when bracken is brought down once and for all. Come to think of it the only time kate made a big decision on her own relating to her relationship with castle is when she broke up with demming and given how badly it ended it might have worsened her confidence.

• Rich Abey says:

And yes no matter how much i want to see a caskett wedding, for the long term good of the show i’d rather it happens in season 7 for the reasons you mentioned plus there are way too many issues they still havent dealt with.

• mike manley says:

I’ve said in previous posts that based upon the 11-12million viewers the show could last 3 more years. AM needs to write tension in the relationship because the sexual tension is gone…break-up, re-start is good but hinges on melodrama (which is OK), then “finding” each other, then marriage at the end of this season…then another season fighting crime as a married couple, a la ‘the thin man’…then the 8th season will be the last…in my opinion.

• just one thing... says:

Kate isn’t the only one who expresses her love in the heat of the moment. Castle’s first declaration was when she was bleeding out in the grass, and the second one came a year later when he was pleading with her to see things his way — after revealing that he had been withholding information about her mother’s case.
        They both have flaws in this relationship, and always have. This was not made much clearer than in typical Castle subtext, but I get the impression that Beckett is concerned that their “dance” is part of the thrill for Castle: when they are on a case, doing what they do best with adrenaline pumping, he is fully engaged.
        However, considering their different traits, it seems like Castle disengages or at least gets distracted when it comes to the relatively mundane, day-to-day relationship things, which seems to be where Kate thrives. If you look at their interactions, Kate is often the one to initiate the simply physical displays of affection. She is the first to lean in, the one whose gaze lasts longer.
        There is no doubt in my mind that Kate has been all in from the beginning and that she sees a future with him. The show just hasn’t done a great job of having her verbally express it, nor have they done a great job of showing Castle’s inherent relationship flaws and fears — instead saving it for a one-minute scene with Martha in the finale after Beckett was already characterized as the bad guy.
        Everything Martha said played into what Meredith said three months earlier, but because it hasn’t been discussed any further, I think it was hard for viewers to see. Castle is no relationship saint, and while I think he is also all in when it comes to their relationship, there are so many other things those two need to discuss together that go beyond Kate just being closed off and distant. I hope this, more than anything else, gets due attention next year.

44. Mikael says:

Oh I hope the Happy Endings negotiations go well! I need this show to continue, even if it’s for shorter seasons like Cougar Town on TBS. That just means less filler. HE may have a niche audience, but it’s too soon for it to go out like this.

45. jdhd says:

why would anyone want zoe and wade to be together on hart of dixie
    wade is the most annoying character in the world and the concept of her getting back with him again(when it was a major mistake in the first place) when shes obviousky in love wuth george is a show ending move.

46. Luis says:

Lou Wu? Sounds awesome to me!

47. Gerald says:

I hope the “entire cast is back on Nikita” includes Lindie Greenwood’s Sonya. For the last 6 episodes I hope she makes it into the title credits. She has been there every step of the way.

Also did Wilson really reference Zoe “pulling a Kelly Tayor” or was that Michael