Shakira, Usher and Cee Lo Returning to The Voice

Shakira Usher The Voice ReturningThere’s a she wolf in NBC’s closet — and (ahh-hooooo!) she’ll reportedly get unleashed again during The Voice‘s sixth cycle. Yes indeed, the network revealed today to EW.com that Colombian superstar Shakira — as well as fellow uni-monikered chart-topper Usher — will return as Voice coaches when Season 6 kicks off in spring 2014.

RELATED | The Voice Top 12 Results Recap: Did the Right Two Contestants Go Home?

Cee Lo Green, meanwhile, will return to his trademark swivel chair this fall as part of Season 5, reuniting the reality singing competition’s original coaching quartet alongside Christina Aguilera, Blake Shelton and Adam Levine. (Aguilera and Green took leaves of absence from the show during its current fourth cycle to focus on other projects; news of Aguilera’s return to the panel dropped earlier this week.)

RELATED | NBC Fall Schedule Revealed: Parenthood and Revolution on the Move, Community Warms the Bench [UPDATED With Clips of New Series]

Excited about Shakira and Usher firming up their long-term plans with The Voice? Happy that Cee Lo’s wacky hijinks will continue to be a part of the process, too? Sound off in the comments!

1. darthvader says:

2. kavyn says:

Really happy to hear Shakira’s returning… But can they swap out Adam and Blake too?

I know they’re very popular, but Adam sucks up all of the talented artists, causing us to lose out on a lot of deserving singers. Blake just made me hate him this season after recruiting some really good singers and booting them in favour for ‘country’. Really, really annoyed with Blake.

• Mike R. says:

I agree Blake seems to favor Country artists, I mean I don’t hate Country, but it comes off a bit biased.

• Temperance says:

He has been biased this year; I’d never every pick him if I wasn’t country for that reason – and then I’d never pick hims because it’d be a all country team. Like most people, I’d’ pretty much go with Adam. .

• Nat says:

Blake need to go

• Jeff says:

Blake is the best coach on there and has proved he can WIN without country artists, and now he wants to WIN with one

• Jared says:

“Adam scoops up all the good artists”

Umm… That’s the whole point! It’s a competition!

• Susan says:

It may be the point of the competition, but it does mean that in the winnowing process a lot of good singers leave, while some mediocre ones on other teams stay.

• kavyn says:

The competition between the coaches is the gimmick, sure. But losing out on really talented artists while mediocre ones make it through just because they chose the wrong coach is ridiculous. I don’t blame Adam so much as I blame the contestants picking Adam/Blake due to their win streaks.

• Sheilalala says:

THIS!!! Adam is a great coach and talented musician but he has superior sales skills and schmoozes all the great talent who could have made live shows. I don’t want him to go, I want future contestants to evaluate past seasons and decide based on that. Blake makes the show, he’s a good coach, but if the all country all the time plan continues, I will be FFing a lot of the performances. I liked Xtina and Cee Lo. Ushers choices and commentary suck. Shaky is a sweetie but bad song choices and BORRRRING commentary. We need to start a petition to get Lady Gaga (did anyone see her guest judging on sytycd a few years ago? She was amazing) and Pink-that would kick ass…

• Theresa says:

No! I would stop watching if Adam left!

• Angie says:

This is the first time Blake has actually had an all country team. Other years he has only stayed with one country singer for the finals. He has always said he would like to see a country artist win the show, so I do not see the big deal of him having an all country team. I do not think he has let go of better singers to keep the country singers because the ones he has are really great and deserve to be in the finals.
      As for Shakira as much as I love her, I am looking forward to Christina returning. She has interesting commentary which makes the show more interesting. She is who she is and she is not afraid to take risks. I love that about her.

3. Maki says:

love Sha she nailed it this season. *-*

4. I prefer Adam, Blake, Shakira, and Usher over Cee Lo and Christina being there, so yes, I am very glad to hear that they’ll be back for season six! I probably won’t be watching S5 though, I’ve always loved Blake and Adam but Cee Lo and Christina have never been favorites of mine.

5. L. Horsley says:

I LURVE me some Cee-lo!! ;p

6. gls says:

I am really enjoying this season’s judging panel. Shakira adds a warmth missing from last season; she’s terrific! And Usher has to be the best at coaching of them all; his producer talents really show. So yes, really glad to see them returning.

7. Ram510 says:

This is a good idea to have a revolving door of judges to keep it fresh. I like them all so I’ll be watching. I hope people now I’ll settle down about the whole Christina/Shakira thing.

8. Kat says:

Thank goodness Shakira and Usher are coming back. I dropped off in Season 3 (couldn’t even stay for Blake and Adam’s bromance) but came back when Shakira and Usher replaced Christina and Cee-Lo. I will be back for Season 6! The judges chemistry is so much stronger this season and their banter is way more fun.

9. Gina says:

YES!!! best news ever love shakira.

10. Joseph says:

Love the positive energy that The Voice puts out there when it comes to new talent ,
    There is such a huge difference between the quality of product being put out by Mark Burnett / Warner Horizon vs FreemantleMedia / 19 Entertainment

• Danny says:

Joseph, that’s so spot on. Why can’t the other show get quality judges like this? There should be enough good judges to go around. It seems like the Voice hogs the good judges like Adam hogs the good talent.

11. Luiz says:

A lot of people are threatening to “stop watchin” and “skip next season” because of Xtina. I bet everyone will be there, and the ratings will still be as great as ever. People just love to complain. Just be happy your favorites are coming back and stop trying to undermine other people’s work already!

12. unicornwasp says:

am i the only one excited for the return of cee-lo and xtina? the panel has been rather snoozy this season, post blind auditions

• necle says:

I agree! I love all six coaches but I love Xtina the most. She may not be the best coach but her presence makes up for it, imho. I hope she will stay for season 6, too. Maybe they can have five coaches or maybe someone else will take a break but I want Shaki *and* Xtina in the same season. Usher seems to be a pretty great coach, so he should also stay. And Blake can launch his own all-country show, no?

• Ram510 says:

I’m with you, I’m happy Christina and CeeLo are back. They both brought a unique charisma to the show. And Christina gives the best critiques.

13. kandee says:

They all suck and are just there to promote themselves. They never tell a conestant when they are off key. All they do is blow smoke up all their but. I used to like them as artists, but now they are just fake and over complimentary toward conttestants. Its not a beauty pageant. Its a singing competition.

• Alice says:

I agree it seems they are afraid to criticize any contestant. Maybe they are.afraid it will hurt their careers. I noticed the ratings are dropping now.

14. sladewilson says:

NBC must have cut a 11th hr deal with Shakira because she just did an interview over at E! Online stating she wasn’t returning. I’m glad my man Cee-Lo is coming back – that brother cracks me up…

15. Nolafishhead says:

I cannot bear the thought of Xtina returning . LURVE SHAKIRA!

16. Tammy says:

Not a huge Xtina and CeeLo fan. Loved this season the best so far so I’m glad to see the combo will be back next spring. But Adam and Blake make the show…. they need to tone it down just a little, it’s starting to feel a bit too over the top when it’s the same joke all the time.

17. David says:

LOVE! You just made my day, thank you.

18. Rosa says:

Christina continues to miss opportunities to go on tour. I don’t know what’s her issues with touring. Maybe, when Usher and Shakira returns in 2014, she’ll finally go on tour for her fans sake?

• Mackdazzle says:

I’m not sure how much a record label supports a tour (in $$$), but since her last two albums haven’t done as well as her first three – the record label probably isn’t willing to support or promote a tour. She had planned a tour for the Bionic album and announced dates, and as soon as they saw album sales were poor they canceled the whole thing. I’m guessing she thought Lotus would take off, so she made arrangements to not do the fourth cycle of the Voice, and it was too late to get back in for the fourth cycle by the time Lotus came out and didn’t sell well. I think they had already announced Shakira and Usher as coaches at that point.

19. Amy says:

LOVE Adam,Shakira,Cee Lo <3

20. Esaul says:

Glad Shakira is coming back. Only reason why I tuned in.

21. Shan says:

I like Christina’s music, but did not like her as a judge. I really got into this season with Usher and Shakira.

22. RobMF says:

Shakira and Usher have been welcomed additions to a rather boring seasons for contestants.

23. Mike R. says:

I would not be shocked if for season 6 Blake and Adam take a break as well, I mean otherwise they will have done this show for three years straight. That sound exhausting.

24. BillyBob says:

How about replacing Blake with Keith Urban and Adam with Jon Bon Jovi?

25. Kle says:

I have watched every show every season and I agree this one was the best by far. It was nice to hear what ALL of the judges had to say without Christina butting in. If she HAS to come back someone should remind her that this is The Voice and not the Christina show. Might have to pass on the next season.

26. Trvstptn says:

What if they had two female coaches??? They should replace Blake with Miranda! Maybe???

27. @JennyS714 says:

I don’t get why Adam and Blake don’t swap as well. That would make the show extra fresh each season. They’re the popular kids of “The Voice” and they always get picked especially since they’ve won.

28. Tania Carrillo says:

I Love You Shakira!!!!! Me encanta tu mucica_***** ;)

Te QUIERO!¡!¡!!!!!

29. Adam Fachry says:

Wait, I’m confused, so there’s gonna be six coaches? Or are Adam and Blake taking a break?

• James says:

I was a bit confused too at first. Here’s who’s confirmed for Season 5 (this fall)- Xtina and CeeLo, and then Shakira and Usher are confirmed for Season 6 (next spring). To my knowledge, Adam and Blake aren’t signed on yet to either upcoming season (also, went to Wikipedia’s page about The Voice and instead of Blake Shelton, they have Miranda Lambert cited as a judge from the beginning; I think that page has been tampered with, lol).

30. connie says:

Christina and Ceelo are why i have never watched the voice. I watched this year because of Usher and Shakira. So i am happy. I will skip season 5 and watch season 6

• Kate says:

I agree! I liked the concept of the show but I don’t enjoy Christina or Cee Lo so I never tuned in. I was interested when they announced Usher and Shakira and thought I might take a look. Then I saw that awesome season four promo that had Usher, Shakira, Blake and Adam in the pickup truck singing along to Total Eclipse of the Heart and it cracked me up. That was it. I was in. So, like you, I will skip season five and come back in the spring.

Now I have to go watch that promo on YouTube again.

31. Ashley says:

Yay! I mean, what more is there to say?

32. Jean TenBrook says:

Love Shakira and Usher. So glad they were on this season and excited to hear they will be returning for S6. Wish they wouldn’t leave at all. Not happy to see Xtina back, but will give her a chance to redeem herself. Lets see what she does with the opportunity.

33. Leah says:

I was hoping for something like this! Now, can Adam and Blake get swapped out for a cycle?

34. tvetc says:

please people, just don’t watch it if you don’t like who’s returning or not! Stop thinking that you tuning in is that important let alone your opinion here. its one thing to discuss about the lineup (which we are trying to do) and its another thing to just comment that you hate them
    STOP THE HATE

35. JB Smooove says:

i think im the only one here that doesnt like shakira. i cringe when she talks or tries to talk ‘country slang’ errr. no me gusta

36. greysfan says:

Would love for them both to stay full time and rid of the awful Christina and Cee-Lo. Christina needs to go the most. I probably won’t be watching next season much after blinds because these 2 judges are the reason i quit last season.

37. Sara says:

HAHAHA American Idol producers are going nuts that they can’t find a set of fan-favorite judges when The Voice manages 2 sets

38. HTGR says:

“There’s a she wolf in NBC’s closet — and (ahh-hooooo!) she’ll reportedly get unleashed again during The Voice‘s sixth cycle.”
    haha nice.

39. jackie napoli says:

I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO PREFERRED SHAKIRA AND USHER
    BUT EVERYONE SEEMS TO FEEL THE SAME. THEY BROUGHT CLASS TO
    THE SHOW. NOW IT WILL BE CHEESY AGAIN UNTIL THEY RETURN.

40. bs’d
    I am all for Shakira & Usher returning but not at the expense of losing Adam & Blake. I kind of love me a little Cee Lo hee hee. (Get it, a little Cee Lo… ok, never mind..:) it cracked me up…)
    You are right about AI cringing at the thought of TV having fan fav judges. Not so much for AI :)

41. Tom says:

What is it with you guys and the hatred towards Christina Aguilera? I simply don’t get it! I mean she’s got an incredible voice and talent to back her “coaching” rights. I understand some of you think she’s got an attitude problem or she’s too snobby or too mean towards contestants but that is the whole damn point.. It makes for GOOD TV and in her case, it is actually genuine. She’ll tell you if you’re good and she’ll also tell you if you’re bad. I mean, I even cringe at times, at the way she handles herself but at the end of it all, she’s just doing her job and I truly like how straight-forward and in-your-face she is. I don’t like judges that sugarcoat things or are too fake just to “look good” on TV. Bring on Xtina for every season in the future until the show flops!

42. Natalie says:

very excited! I wish they would stick around for season 5 though!

43. Sharon Berg says:

I will not be watching next season with Xtina back. I will miss Adam & Blake.

44. Becky Landon says:

I loved the judges this year, if Christna is back, I’m finished

45. Kandace says:

I like Ceelo and X tina but I love the flavor that Usher and Shakira bring to the show. I thought the chemistry this season was great. Christina seems to add tension to the coaching panel.

46. JJ says:

You guys are stupid. Blakes won 3 times in a row obviously hes doing something right. So wat if he is country. People just have to find something to complain about. Anyway i enjoy the show.