CBS Fall Schedule Revealed: Thursday Comedy Block Expands, Person of Interest, Hawaii Five-0 on the Move, Mike & Molly Held to Midseason

cbsfallCBS on Wednesday revealed its primetime line-up for the 2013-14 TV season and herewith are the headlines: The Eye network is expanding its Thursday comedy block to a second hour, with Robin Williams and Sarah Michelle Gellar’s The Crazy Ones snagging the 9/8c anchor position; Person of Interest  — which has added Sarah Shahi as a series regular for Season 3 — is on the move to Tuesdays at 10; and Hawaii Five-0 is being relocated to Fridays at 9.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to What’s New!

Also of note: CBS is swapping one Chuck Lorre comedy for another on Mondays at 9:30/8:30c, with new sitcom Mom bumping midseason-bound Mike & Molly (Eye prez Nina Tassler assured that the Melissa McCarthy sitcom will be back with a full season’s worth of 22 episodes), and 15-episode thriller Hostages has scored H50‘s Monday 10/9c timeslot (Josh Holloway’s Intelligence will take over when Hostages‘ run ends.)

Tassler also confirmed that the NCIS: LA offshoot NCIS: Red is DOA. “We’d love to try [launching another spin-off] again,” she said, “but protecting [the NCIS franchise] was really important.”

On tap for midseason, in addition to Mike & Molly: New series Friends with Better Lives and Reckless.

RELATED | Fall TV Schedule 2013: What’s on When? And Versus What?

All told, the CBS schedule looks like this. (New shows are in CAPS, click for details.)

MONDAY
8/7c How I Met Your Mother
8:30 pm WE ARE MEN
9 pm Two Broke Girls
9:30 pm MOM
10 pm HOSTAGES/INTELLIGENCE

TUESDAY
8 pm NCIS
9  pm NCIS: LA
10 pm Person of Interest

WEDNESDAY

8 pm Survivor
9 pm Criminal Minds
10 pm CSI

RELATED | Complete 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What Got Cancelled? What’s Returning?

THURSDAY

SUNDAY

7 pm 60 Minutes
8 pm
The Amazing Race
9 pm The Good Wife
10 pm The Mentalist

NOT RETURNING NEXT SEASON: CSI: NY, Golden Boy, Made In Jersey, Vegas, Partners and Rules of Engagement

1. Esaul says:

Smart move to move Person of Interest to Tuesday. Probably the best move I’ve seen from the networks thus far.

• Sandy says:

Agree!!!

• Nancy says:

Where’s Mike & Molly???

• Esaul says:

It’s held until midseason. Although I”m sure it could come back sooner if one of the new sitcoms fails.

• lyn says:

I’m disgusted with Mike & Molly. They met at an overeater’s meeting and since they found each other neither has dropped one ounce of weight. And the humor has gotten too vulgar.

• JEst says:

Apparently it isn’t enough for you to notice but they have lost some weight

• Brad says:

Yeah, fat people shouldn’t be on TV. Everyone on TV should be thin, beautiful,sexy and have the willpower to loose 100+ pounds. You know, just like real people.

• Jean says:

I think the show is great thin of fat don’t mean anything when it come to real acting.. Grow up people

• stephanie says:

To Brad….you are a ignorant jerk. Not everyone is a size 0. And, I am sure you are perfect.

• jackie says:

Oh please!

• Kathie Harrington says:

Get a life, it’s one of the funniest shows on the air. Who cares whether they’ve lost weight or not, it evolved from OE in the first few weeks. If the humor offends you, change the channel.

I’m really upset that they are delaying the start, hopefully “Mom” will fail. From the clips they’ve shown it looks like it’s pathetic.

• cindy says:

Please put mike and molly back on Mondays. We don’t need the crazy ones.

• cindy says:

Please bring back mike and molly and vegas. I am so tired of cbs taking off our good shows for stupid so called reality shows. Also csi. why are you taking it off? what are you people smoking up there? I think you need to hire some new people to help with your programing.

• deb says:

where MIKE & MOLLY

• I’d be happy if they’d have the episodes on the CBS site. I quit watching in season 2 because I missed a few episodes and got lost. Without the episodes there, I can’t catch up. Stupid move, CBS. Stupid move.

• Esaul says:

That’s the only thing I don’t like about CBS. I record a lot of programming, especially early in the TV season. I mistakenly deleted a few episodes of POI when it was in its first season, and while I understand why, it sucks current CBS shows aren’t available on Hulu. So for now, I gave up on POI >.<

• chris says:

poi isn’t available because warner brother the studio who makes it doesn’t allow it to be streamed

• Cindy says:

Recent episodes, especially the last, have gotten away from the original premise of getting to targeted people to protect them or stop them from doing wrong, and have gotten too technical and confusing. Hopefully it will go back to being as good and interesting and suspenseful as before.

• Ken says:

I agree totally, plus the addition of the Sarah Shahi to me has bought much less credibility to the series. When she’s around things begin to look cartoonish, and it takes away from John’s character with her smugness, and faux-tough act (I don’t find her to be a good actress..I enjoy Root and Zoe’s character and acting more). I also find myself not caring about her motives. I’m more into the reason John is doing what he does, and empathizing with the fact he was homeless and lost and now has found a reason to live by helping others out who may be in danger. I also am very much drawn to the relationship between John, Finch and Carter (I think she’s absolutely wonderful in this BTW). I should also mention how I enjoy the way Fusco’s character has evolved from being a rogue cop to looking for redemption by doing the right thing(s), yet somehow his past will not let him go entirely.

• Klo says:

I found the entire series online at a site called couchtuner the other day. Try that.

• bobbi says:

So Happy, Happy. A reward for Person Of Interest, because of their big ratings.

• But everything dies in that slot!

• ron says:

What happened to golden boy and why

• Esaul says:

Golden Boy was cancelled due to the ratings.

• jackie says:

I think golden boy was a good show and it should come back. Me& my fiance watched it every time. Their was plenty of action and suspense. Please bring it back, If other shows get a second chance, why can’t they????

• Michael Williams says:

You Really cancel Golden Boy?
          I thought it was an excellent show.
          Great crime story.
          Great drama.
          Do you really have to cancel it?

• sladewilson says:

CBS cancelled it but they should’ve given it another year – at least 13 eppys. Great premise and it’s the only one of the new shows that got cancelled that I thought had a shot…

• Diane says:

Golden Boy was excellent! So sad that it’s been cancelled!

• Linda says:

I agree!!!!

• Donna says:

Maybe a cable station will pick it up

• Melissa says:

I’m so mad that Golden Boy got canceled. I loved that show! I’m glad they are giving Unforgettable a second chance this summer so maybe they will do that with Golden Boy. I hate watching shows sometimes & getting so into them because then they get canceled & you never know what happend.

• 7joanna says:

Strongly agree. Great premise, plot, character development and acting. Only new show on CBS that got my attention.
          Is the situation hopeless?

• 7joanna says:

Losing Golden Boy is a real blow to my very limited “must watch” list of Shows. So much boring garbage lives on for another year while this gem of good acting, and intriguing casting is lost.

If anyone has a good idea about how to “save” this Show, please, pass it on.

• Courtney says:

I am super bummer Golden Boy was cancelled! The season finale left alot of loose ends and alot if story for next season.

• drkstr says:

Agreed! I was really mad when you moved Vegas for Golden Boy because it competed with another of my favorite shows, so wound up having the watch Vegas On Demand. Wanted to boycott Golden Boy because of what they did, but couldn’t because I liked it so much! Bring it back!!!!

• Cindy says:

That was a good show, though we didn’t like the intermixing of when he’s Commissioner and the cop. The acting and plots were excellent. Hopefully the network will change its mind and bring it back; maybe the time slot was a bad one.

• stephanie says:

Ron….CBS is not renewing The Golden Boy. I guess not enough viewers.

• NBC is crying after movinh Chicago Fire tho that spot because of less competition.

• sladewilson says:

Definitely agree there. That’s a killer Tuesday lineup for CBS….

• steve says:

hope im wrong as love the show but i think its a terrible move. Moving to 10pm will more than likely mean its ratings will drop and will they be good enough to get a 4th season im not so sure

• Esaul says:

I’m inclined to disagree. The ratings will probably go down a little bit, but if they have the strong ratings on Thursday night, and they promote the time change, the viewers should be able to jump on board this. Or DVR it. CBS doesn’t really move shows around as much as like NBC.

• Melanie says:

Totally agree!

• Mary Jo Valletta says:

there are already too many good things to watch and dvr on Tuesday nights poi will loose out to soa or justified and will end up being dropped

• Esaul says:

You can’t tell where viewers go if a show’s ratings drops. Of course you can make assumptions, but I don’t think SOA/Justified will hurt the show’s ratings.

• jack says:

I agree, now I can watch NCIS then L.A. then POI

• cindy says:

I wish they would takepoi off all together. why is vegas leaving. That and CSI New York are both great shows. CBS really sucks when it comes to good shows. Every one I like seems to be taken off early. My shows are ncis, vegas, csi, csi new York, blue bloods, mike and molly, big bang, and the mentalist. I am going to miss rules of engagement. I want to finish how I met your mother then they can lose it. I liked partners and gifted man. saving hope. they could have let him wake up before taking it off the air.

• cindy says:

I still can’t understand are stupid people are to not know that their boss is at the jobs. Anyone coming in with cameras would sound an alarm to me. Please put csi and csi new York back and take that boss one off. it is not real and it makes people look stupid.

• aaron says:

no offence but the csi shows are so overrated ncis is overrated vegas was boring mike and molly sucks the mentalist is boring big bang theory blue bloods and rules of engagement are the only good ones you mentioned and i don’t get why people hate how i met your mother its one of the 3 only good sitcoms left inculding big bang and rules of engagement

• carol says:

No because it is opposite of NCIS

2. Tim says:

Love Person of Interest to Tuesday, makes perfect sense.

• j says:

My family happens to like the POI/Elementary block as it is right now… I don’t see Elementary as part of a comedy block.

• Tim says:

oh it’s certainly not good for Elementary, but I watch NCIS:LA along with PoI and I just feel it’s a great pairing.

• GK says:

Elementary getting high3′s and low 4′s as lead-in now due to TBBT isn’t anybody’s definition of ‘not good for Elementary”

• H.F.Washington says:

I Agree about the comedy lead in to Elementary. Don’t Like the move of POI to Tues cause that’s Justified’s time slot.

• Emily says:

I’m with you, but Justified only runs in the winter, and that’s when POI is going to be on an off-on schedule anyway. I think it might be OK.

• Georgia Madman says:

Emily, I hope you’re right about Justified, Because I love both shows but if forced to choose, I’m going with Justified. Its the best show on TV by far.

• Steve Marcus says:

This new Thurs comedy block is a mistake. First, they are running two new shows between Big Bang and Two Men. Secondly, 2Broke Girls needs a strong lead and Men would have accomplished this.
        Grey’s on ABC will be a challenge with a new sitcom at 9.

3. alim says:

WTF POI

4. Jeez. Another boring schedule.

• Esaul says:

Actually, I disagree. Person of Interest is by far the most intriguing move. It’s a ratings powerhouse for Thursday, so naturally moving it to Tuesday where the 8/9 PM is already strong, expanding the strength of the 10 PM hour secures a Tuesday night win for the network, especially when the Voice is off season. It’s better they do that than to use Tuesday night to launch a new drama.

• Ranna says:

But putting POI against SOA? And NCIS LA will be going against Voice that might weaken that night a bit.
        I guess it will be the most watched night for CBS with all their shows with the highest viewership numbers.

• Esaul says:

Cable v.s. broadcast doesn’t typically have a big impact on ratings, unless we’re talking about The Walking Dead, but even so that’s more of a leap than the whole network v.s. network conversation, at least in my mind. POI won’t be impacted by SOA, I can’t imagine. And to my knowledge, I don’t believe NCIS: LA has suffered a huge blow to the Voice. I can be mistaken. Anyways, a season of growth for POI bodes better than the unsuccessful dramas of last season to launch the 10 PM time slot.

• Ranna says:

NCIS LA was against the Voice just once. And even then the ratings droped. Will see how it will go if it goes a whole season against it. And POI big problem are april and may ratings. Even for season finale they couldnt go above 2.4 and thats with a 3.5 lead in (of course talking about 18-49 demographic). And CBS scheduling with 1 new episode and 3 reruns wont help much with keeping the rating high.

• Esaul says:

Ahh okay. I wasn’t aware of The Voice/NCIS: LA bit. ^^ It’ll be interesting to watch though.

• Christian says:

Scandal and Grey has been kicking POI’s ass this spring. POI is no ratings powerhouse. Sorry!

5. cathy says:

Moving Hawaii Five-0 to Friday seems stupid… way to kill one of their top shows;

• AJ says:

It’s not one of their top shows…

• David says:

Agreed!!!!

• Ezra says:

Good show, good ratings, but moderate for CBS. According to other reporters, Five-o makes its money in international sales, so with that plus upcoming syndication deals makes it irrelevant(to CBS) when the new episodes air. They’ll try to develop a new show in its spot. No-brainier for the network.

• drhenning says:

plus… H50 is a pretty good show that I rarely watch live since CBS posts it ON Demand pretty quickly so I don’t even have to waste DVR space for it… Fridays are OK by me as long as they keep it around… And I would guess it is even more popular overseas.. Great eye-candy both in people and location… I am sure it’s very profitable as well with all the product placements ( hello Subway, Ford, and Hawaian Airlines)…

• GK says:

Not a good show actually. And coming in third place constantly in the timeslot doesn’t make it ratings ‘good’. Its just above The Mentalist and that show airs at 11pm due to football on a few days. Also, it doesn’t get anywhere near the promotional push that H50 gets.

• Sherry says:

CBS sells all their shows to other countries, not only H50. So not a reason to keep it around. And the show is doing mediocre outside the US. In the UK, it is beaten by Revolution, Elementary, Arrow, Person of Interest and so many others,

• Mike says:

When people say that moving a show to Friday is a killer I always chuckle. This is 2013 and people will fnd and watch a show if it’s worth watching.

• Dr. Opossum says:

Also, CBS is the only network that still gets decent ratings on Friday, so if 5-O holds up, it could last for years on Friday.

• Klo says:

What would be a better idea then? Putting a brand new show there and killing it from the start?

• Brooke says:

Out of all the networks, CBS is the only one who seems to view Friday as a legitimate night of programming. Other networks are starting to view Fridays in a similar sense, to a degree, but CBS has always seemed to have a really solid block of scripted dramas on Fridays.

• heyang says:

As others have pointed out, H50 does not win its time slot. I actually think it works really well between Undercover Boss and Blue Bloods.

These days, if a show is good, people will record it on Friday and watch it later if they aren’t home. VCR’s and even more now DVR’s mean that people don’t watch live.

I can recall when ABC had a Family comedy line up on Friday nights that was pretty successful. I remember enjoying that after a long week at work – light fun, etc. I wonder why none of the networks are going for that family audience who would be looking for some fun relaxation. There’s not much that is family friendly on Friday nights; so, they have to go with a movie rental, instead.

• Robert Sennett says:

I agree. It should be left on Monday night. It needs to be on a night that will not hurt their ratings and moving to Friday might just do that.

• cindy says:

That one they can take off, too. please put vegas there and take off boss for csi. poi off for csi new York.

6. cathy says:

And is MOM supposed to be M&M (Mike and Molly)?

7. Jay says:

Where is Mike & Molly??????

• Dizzle says:

On the bench for midseason, in case one of their new shows falls apart. Aside from We Are Men, I think CBS actually has a pretty good crop of new comedies for once!

• Ezra says:

It got a 22 episode order as well. A reporter replied to my tweet about it and said CBS wants to stay in business with Melissa McCarthy(good move).

8. nikki says:

Why not send The Good Wife to Fridays? Why move Hawaii Five-O? This just seem stupid

• j says:

Because it can compete with Revenge in ABC…

• iMember says:

Revenge beats it every time though, and it have been proven that Good Wife actually performs better at 10PM.

• Luke says:

Hawaii Five O is a crime procedural just like Blue Bloods.

• Esaul says:

I can’t imagine they’d want to move around too many of the shows around. Monday nights is easier to launch a new show after the comedy block. It wouldn’t make sense to keep Hawaii where it is. Tuesday has the NCIS/LA block, where Tuesday night there last season didn’t really launch any new shows. Wednesday has Survivor/Criminal Minds/CSI which proves to be effective, so they wouldn’t change that. Thursday saw the comedy block and Person of Interest, which has done exceedingly well there. Why not launch a new show there? Friday, Fridays is difficult to launch a new show, as well as Sunday. So really, the only thing left is your Monday night.

• Jennifer says:

ew what did friday ever do to deserve that thought.

9. Owen says:

Wow, just ONE new drama for CBS this fall.

Person of Interest to 10 pm also a shocker for me.

Did not expect that Sunday would remain the same.

• Annie says:

I was hoping that they would pick up the drama starring Jason Isaacs. Bummer.
      I agree about the move of Person of Interest.

10. kw says:

Where is Mike and Molly?

11. Jack says:

And where are Mike and Molly??

12. Michael says:

Is Mike and Molly being held to mid-season?

13. MJ says:

Where is Mike and Molly?

14. Bobbi says:

I am SO disappointed they didn’t move The Good Wife to a night where it wouldn’t be impacted by sports. Guess I’ll be watching online. Am fed up with having to try and record it.

• Esaul says:

The Good Wife will be on Amazon Prime/Hulu over the summer/fall. I don’t know if that includes the current season on there, however. So if it doesn’t, I’m afraid my post is useless to you. :D But I agree, The Good Wife faces the issue of sports too often, and it only hurts the show. I haven’t gotten beyond the first season, but I don’t want to see it harmed by this. :/

• H.Houston says:

Remember what they started last year… during sports seasons (football) the sunday night shows actually all start a half out later as a set time, so your DVR will automatically start at 830pm (est) – it’s only when things go weird from there that it doesn’t work. However you can set your DVR to simply record for two hours that night and you will be covered.

• Lisa G says:

CBS also posts the start times on Facebook once the sporting event is over so you can reprogram as necessary.

• drhenning says:

CBS On Demand has it up by midnight typically.. even when it over-runs due to sports…. The last long one was The Masters which went into OT… Even though it actually didn’t start until nearly 10pm, it was up as usual at midnight…

• MelindaB says:

I missed GW and The Mentalist this season because football overruns messed with my recordings too often. I saw a few episodes early in the season, but just deleted the rest without watching.

15. Carole says:

What happened to Mike & Molly?

16. Michelle says:

Ugh, now Five-0 is up against Grimm. Why do you hate me, CBS?

17. Paul8148 says:

Perhaps McCathey is shooting a move forcing a delay?

18. Alex says:

I’m gonna repeat the “where is Mike & Molly” question and also ask where is the NCIS Red team? Did they not get picked up?

• Alex says:

Ok, I just saw the headline that M&M is being held to midseason (which sucks!) But still, where is Red?

• Esaul says:

I haven’t seen anything about Mike & Molly. It has been renewed, so at this point it’s logical to assume that it’ll appear mid-season (unless one of the new comedies fails). NCIS: Red hasn’t been picked up, and probably won’t at this point. I don’t recall reading anything official, I believe Deadline stated it as a rumor.

• Dizzle says:

NCIS: Red hasn’t been picked up yet. It still has a tiny chance of being picked up for midseason, but EW ran a story on why the networks passed on various pilots, and a CBS exec was quoted as saying the NCIS: LA spinoff wasn’t “special enough” for their schedule.

• Esaul says:

Agreed. Always next season too if it’s ever needed. It’s better that they try to retool the show’s concept if there is still interest at any point, than to order it to series like Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior, where it lacked so much and was cancelled after a season. I wouldn’t want them to tarnish the success of JAG/NCIS/NCIS: LA with a bad spin off.

• TW says:

Problem with NCIS: Red was John Corbett.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

NCIS RED is dead, not moving forward.

• Alex says:

Aw, that stinks. I guess I was in the minority, but I was looking forward to it. I was ready for an all NCIS night.

• H.Houston says:

I really liked NCIS Red… I thought it would have been an awesome thing to have them all on Tuesday night one after another. I also thought it would be interesting to have love interests across the shows (NCIS:LA and NCIS:Red)

19. LE says:

Is Mike & Molly the new Rules of Engagement??

20. Samantha says:

Bones and H50 both got moved to Friday nights next season? Not good for them but I’ll be watching both live regardless.

21. rcb918 says:

Sad that NCIS: Red was not picked up. Would have been great to have a three hot NCIS block.

22. Dan says:

does this mean that CBC passed on NCIS RED?

23. DeeDee says:

Mike & Molly Held to Midseason ~ Stupid decision!!

• Ezra says:

It got a full-season order. I’m assuming its shooting schedule is the same as all other shows. One of the new sitcoms will probably fail early on, so a time slot will open up before mid season.

• DeeDee says:

Good point! I hate to wish failure on another show, however I really hope Mike and Molly makes it back to air before mid-season!!

24. Dizzle says:

Not surprised CBS finally pulled the trigger on expanding Thursday’s comedy lineup, but I am surprised they left Elementary in place rather than pushing POI back an hour. POI would’ve been competitive against ABC’s Scandal, but Elementary hasn’t been so far. Other than that, no big surprises. I’m looking forward to Reckless coming in midseason, but looking at this schedule I’m not sure where they could slot it in!

• Ranna says:

I think its actually the only think they could have done. Elementary is CBS new baby that they gonna bring to full 4 season to get it to syndication. They dont own POI (WB show) so there will be no future cash from syndication. I think they gonna protect Elementary as long as they can. And its not doing that bad. I mean if POI gets 2.4 at 9 PM, a 2 at 10 isnt that bad.

• GK says:

POI only gets 2.4-2.5 during the final month of the season due to sports and male-skewing stuff. Other than that, it constantly gets 2.9-3.5.

• Ranna says:

But its lead in was much bigger then what it will get now. Two and a half men averaged a 3.8 this season while NCIS LA around 2.8. That will impact the shows ratings also. And last week season premiere didnt go against any major sport event and it still only got a 2.4. And now they will have first half of season to go against SOA which is male-skewing also. I think POI still got lucky cuz they could have placed it also against MF and Idol on Wednesday.

• GK says:

I don’t think POI has any crossover audience with a comedy like TAHM.
            There’s a reason for the slump even though it didn;t go against any sporting event. The finale always gets low ratings (even in season 1) since the last stretch of episodes are heavily serialized and if you miss one episode, you cannot just jump in again like any other normal procedural.
            Idol is like any other show now with middling ratings and Modern Family has come down a lot in the ratings department this season. The crossover audience with the female-skewing reality show and comedy would have been minimal IF it was sent to Wednesdays. POI is a very solid show, it won’t be affected that easily. I’d wager that POI will get higher ratings than NCIS:LA during the fall.

• GK says:

Oh, and SOA is on cable. Its hardly GOT or TWD on the ratings side. POI should do just fine.

• Ranna says:

SOA gets around 2.3 -2.4 thats not a bad rating for cable at 10 PM

25. Jared says:

God I wish they would push The Good Wife to 10 so it doesn’t compete with Revenge. I hate when all my favorite shows overlap.

26. Gayle says:

What happened to Vegas?

27. ES says:

Mike & Molly to midseason? That just seems like an odd decision. Why put performing shows on hold when one of the shows on Monday is in its last season already? Also odd considering all the free publicity they get from her movies.

• GK says:

At the very least, one of the new comedies is going to bomb spectacularly (my money is on We Are Men) and they’d need to replace it with a reliable comedy. Since ROE has been cancelled, M&M is now the new spackle show.

28. Maria says:

Well that fills up my Tuesday nights…NCIS and POI. I can’t even imagine how much advertisting money CBS will be raking in with those two ratings powerhouses.

• TV Critic says:

Let’s see if NCIS can sustain this threat from S.H.I.E.L.D

• Esaul says:

I’m anticipating a soft blow to NCIS’ ratings. With a show that hasn’t been below ten million in viewers, S.H.I.E.L.D. won’t deliver consistently big numbers. I enjoyed The Avengers, and Agent Phil Coulson, but the trailer is just meh to me. I’ll give S.H.I.E.L.D. a fair chance, but the loyal NCIS viewers will continue to watch, I’d imagine.

• CBWBDK1 says:

SHIELD’s cast is terrible. All no name actors. They should have hired a big name as male lead. I like agent Coulson, but he can’t carry the show. The only cast member i know is the female lead.

• Esaul says:

Mhm. I only know one of the actress’ as well, and that’s because I watched this Star Wars thing on Youtube that had her in it. xD I’m only watching ’cause I enjoyed Coulson and I’m a huge fan of Joss Whedon. But hopefully the cast surprises us? Meh.

• GK says:

But you’re underestimating the Joss Whedon and Avengers universe appeal. If SHIELD is halfway decent, then its gonna turn all of them into superstars (Ming-Na is kinda already established – ER and Stargate).

• Esaul says:

I don’t think S.H.I.E.L.D. will do that great. Sure it has Joss Whedon, but his name alone doesn’t mean a show will succeed. He also has a streak of bad luck with his shows getting cancelled (but mostly because of FOX), Avengers is great too, but that’s also due to the casting. You’re not going to see RDJ in S.H.I.E.L.D.

• TV Critic says:

Maybe you need to watch the other one.

29. TV Critic says:

The battle lines are officially set for Tuesday night’s at 8/7C.

Looks like Two and a Half is about to get toppled at the 9:30/8:30 slot. The Fox show has created buzz due to his likability.

30. JBC says:

POI is my favorite and am glad that it will be after both NCIS shows which will keep me tuned into CBS on Tuesdays. Hawaii Five-0 before Blue Bloods is a good idea for Friday’s. I like them both.
    Looking forward to Josh Holloway’s show Intelligence. What they should cancel is Two and Half Men, it surely has run it’s course.

31. Ty says:

People really need to read the article it clearly says Mike & Molly will be back in the midseason.

32. cmaglaughlin says:

My favorites include POI, Castle, The Good Wife and Mentalist, Nashville. Lost Body of Proof and Vegas. Out of all my favorites, Vegas grew so much on me that it took over top spot. I see Body of Proof just might be back on another network. Last night’s episode was terrific, and one episode a few weeks back concerning the “spy” in bed with Jeri Ryan ranks right up there with The Mentalist season finale a couple years ago with Patrick shooting a Red John imposter. CBS-bring Vegas back, you twits! If you can run a show glorifying morbid obesity, you can bring back REAL glitz and entertainment with the best plot lines in the industry.

• drhenning says:

BOP was great again last night… It surprised everyone a year ago when it was renewed for 13 episodes and the got rid of some cast members but it frankly all worked… I just think DD and JR want too much dough even though it gets decent ratings… just not enough of the freaking demo… It looks like they are giving the show a good finale with the solving of Megan’s father’s death..

• Carm says:

BOP has been so good this season.

• tardis repairman says:

ABC’s programming honcho said they had a good year with their dramatic pilots which hurt BOP’s chances of survival. ABC Studios is pitching the show to other networks because the show is huge in international sales.

33. Lee McNutt says:

I think that Golden Boy, if given more time, would develop the audience that would allow it to continue. Just not given enough time to take hold.

• David says:

Agree l was really getting into it wanted to see Ajoro get his mojo slapped in is face .Oh well that CBS for you not giving a show a chance .

• Kathleen says:

I agree. Golden Boy was a different type of “cop drama”, with excellent acting (love Chi McBride), and great stories. I wish they would reconsider. Plus the season finale, which turned out to be the series finale, really left a lot of things hanging.

• Emily says:

Golden Boy was poorly marketed. I’d never even heard of it until right before it premiered, and even after seeing like 10 promos for it I still didn’t know what the show was about. I finally read a bit about it a few weeks ago and it sounded pretty interesting, which is unfortunate because when a show’s on CBS and they can’t manage to convey anything to me besides “it’s about cops,” they’re practically asking for my eyes glaze over.

34. JT says:

I think CBS execs have the hardest job when it come to shuffling their shows around because of all the good shows they have. Tuesday night is probably going to their best night of the week with NCIS/LA and Person of Interest.

35. Sally says:

Not happy about H5O to Friday but considering the competition it will probably see its ratings numbers bump up improving its chances to stay on the schedule.

36. Billy Norris says:

Anything mentioned about Beverly Hills Cop? I think moving H50 to Fridays is a smart move. Shores up the older skewing shows on Friday with a proven hit. Looking forward to Hostages (the Israeli version is great!).

37. Carm says:

“Hostages has scored POI‘s Monday 10/9c timeslot”. That was Hawaii 5 0′s spot not POIs. That said, I will watch POI wherever it goes

38. Adam says:

Any word on whats happening to Backstrom?

39. Goku says:

No Debra Messing show? Well, that means I won’t watch CBS for another year. I’m not really interested in new procedurals and bad sitcoms. They should finally try something new, because today if you’ve seen one show on CBS, you’ve seen them all.

• JBC says:

CBS is the network that has been the number 1 network in winning the ratings for the past 10 years. There are many shows to choose from on CBS that are really good. Especially the Drama’s and Survivor.

• Goku says:

All CBS’s dramas are the same procedural show with every episode being exactly the same as the previous one. Nothing great in it. Also I don’t really care about any kind of reality show, they’re all stupid. And ratings doesn’t really mean anything for me.

• GK says:

That was how I used to think before I tuned into one of the best shows on tv – Person of Interest. The Good Wife and The Mentalist are very good as well.

• TV Critic says:

It’s because they own half of Nielsen.

40. mspenn1013 says:

Ugh no change to Sunday so The Good Wife continues to get screwed with football overruns. My poor DVR will be again working overtime on Sundays in the fall.

41. Leo says:

Nothing interesting to come out of this new CBS schedule. I was looking foward to the pilot with Audra McDonald and Jorge Garcia, too bad it did not make it into a series. Well, at least there’s still one bright light with The Good Wife there.

42. Kate says:

I gather this means Backstrom (Hart Hanson drama) was not picked up? If so, that’s disappointing.

43. H50 was a mess last season…..hope they improve their scripts and return to the old crew….that means Steve’s girlfriend back on navy ship far far away and Steve’s mom retiring….Mentalist also weak last season and too much NCI(S). POI is the best network show and Elementary was a huge surprise….. CBS should up their game next season…

44. Boiler says:

Well lets see…The Millers sounds like the male version of the Sarah Chalke series just canceled, MOM sounds a little like Malibu Country(just canceled although shouldn’t have been), We Are Men seems sort of dumb and Crazy Ones reminds me of a show Sarah Gilbert and Melanie Griffith in a while ago. Will have to watch it though with the cast. As to Elementary fans, Two and a Half Men is on just before it and it still draws huge ratings so I think it will be OK.

45. KD says:

What is CBS thinking? Person of Interest has been doing well on Thursday at 9, why mess with a good thing. Tuesday night at 10 has not been a good time slot for shows recently.

46. I love my Tuesdays even more now

47. Spoiler Junkie says:

I just remembered that with it’s new time slot POI will clash with Justified when the latter returns in Jan/Feb 2014. Right? Two of my favorite shows going up against each other. I am conflicted.

• mary says:

Please, people — buy a DVR or use On Demand. No need to miss conflicting shows. Just enjoy the bounty of great shows at different times on your own schedule.

48. GK says:

They go and schedule a solid player like POI at 10pm on a tuesday… Makes no sense. This show should lead in to a new drama. But atleast they’ll win Tuesdays or be second the whole season. Only one new drama and it isn’t Intelligence (for the fall)! Dammit! They have effectively killed TBBT. Watch its ratings crash and burn. Buuuut, they may also have killed Michael Fox show on NBC due to the scheduling.
    H50 has been a disappointment. All that marketing and money poured into it and it couldn’t be competitive last season.
    Elementary is looking like the next H50. If atleast two new comedies break out this time, then its a win for CBS.
    Mondays – Weaker
    Tuesdays – Stronger
    Wednesday – Same
    Thursday – Weaker
    Friday – Stronger
    Sunday – Same

49. didi says:

Golden Boy was a great show!!!!!!! They could have kept it for midseason or even have it on Friday or Sunday!!!!!!! Seriously CBS!!!!!Hope TNT or USA will pick it up!

• Lorraine says:

I agree completely!!! Golden Boy would have done great on Fridays as a lead in for Blue Bloods. I hope it gets picked up somewhere else. It’s a great show!!!