Grey's Anatomy Recap: Sucker Punch

Get More: Recaps

Grey's Anatomy Season 9 RecapOn Thursday’s Grey’s Anatomy, Jo reaches out to Alex in hopes of burying the hatchet – or would that be the scalpel in their case? But instead of making peace, the duo once again amp up the “Will they, or will they?” tension by loudly agreeing to stay out of one another’s lives. Mind you, that’s before the unthinkable happens…

RELATED | Grey’s Anatomy‘s New Interns Are Sticking Around — But For How Long?

BLACK AND BLUES | As Alex is leaving the hospital, he sees Jo and Jason engaged in a heated argument and tells Jackson it’s of no concern to him. However, when he arrives home, he’sgreatly concerned to find the object of his affection there – beaten to a pulp and in need of a place to stay! (Something tells me the next operation Alex performs will be one that involves Jason’s face getting rearranged… )

THE SILENT TREATMENT | Meanwhile, poor, freaked-out Bailey spends the hour holed up in her genome lab, giving everyone the cold shoulder while she tests herself over and over again to make sure she’s really gotten rid of her staph infection. Only when hubby Ben shows up does she finally speak. “I feel so dirty,” she says. (And, obviously, not dirty in any of the fun ways.)

RELATED | Season Finale Scoopapalooza: More Than 100 Spoilers on Your Fave Series’ Endgames Including The Office, Community, Revenge and More!

ONCE MORE, WITH FEELING? | After April apologizes for blaming her short-lived break-up with Matthew on Jackson, she asks out her ex. Unfortunately – luckily? – he already has plans with Stephanie, who, after demanding that he treat her better, is rewarded with a big smooch. (Hey, it beats getting stood up.)

FLIRTING WITH DISASTER | From the moment that Arizona accidentally steals craniofacial specialist Lauren’s coffee, she’s smitten. But it isn’t until the visiting doc starts complimenting her eyes that Callie’s wife brings herself to mention that, by the way, she’s married. And has one leg. Both of which Lauren says she already knows. Uh-oh!

THE PARENT TRAP | After Ethan ODs on his grandma’s sleeping pills, she tearfully tells Owen that she can’t be his substitute parent, so they should just let Social Services take him. “I’ll take him!” Owen clearly wants to say. Instead, he reassures Cristina that he doesn’t want a child, “I want you.” She lets it drop – for the moment – but her skeptical expression speaks volumes (none of which end with “ … and they lived happily ever after”).

Okay, your turn. What did you think of the episode? Hit the comments with your… you know, comments!

Comments (107)

• I can’t believe he beat her!

Comment by T – May 2, 2013 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this owen and christina thing has to stop. neither of them is ever going to be happy if one wants kids and the other doesn’t. one of them really has to give it up, and neither of them has. just fix this or end it already.

Comment by kate – May 2, 2013 08:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jackson is still obviously in love with April which is not fair to Stephanie.

Comment by Mick – May 2, 2013 08:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This. Sorry Matthew and Stephanie, but they love and need each other. I was hoping Jackson would break up with Stephanie at the end, but I’m down for a dramatic and romantic reunion (and thus I hope Shonda surprises me)

Comment by CJS – May 2, 2013 08:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I wrote the same thing on the ew.com recap on Jackson and April! I want their dramatic and romantic journey together to start off season 10.

Peckwell is a gf abuser. Didnt see that coming but that made Jo and Alex’s storyline interesting.

Out of all the interns, I love mousy
        the best.

Comment by ten – May 2, 2013 08:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I want Japril!!

Comment by Vale – May 2, 2013 09:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Who doesn’t?!

Comment by Marina – May 3, 2013 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • People who don’t stupidly mash 2 names together. So dumb.

Comment by tripoli – May 3, 2013 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 1. Owen and Christina- I sooo want them to work, but we all know Owen is great at saying one thing and doing another. He wants a kid and if Christina won’t be the Godmother to Mer’s baby, she definitely won’t be an actual mother.
    2. Speaking of Meredith, I pray next week’s episode doesn’t entail what I think it will (though a recent AA column gives me some hope that it all works out fine). She’s had enough bad news for a lifetime.
    3. I think Alex is going to go crazy next week and I for one can’t wait for the action! It’s about time for him to get something… someone he wants. Jo won’t go crazy on him. They’re as close to soulmates as possible in Shondaland (even if she’s still a hybrid of Izzie with a little bit of Lexie mixed in).
    4. Lastly, and in all honesty, everyone on Grey’s can’t be in love and happy. .. it’s not the nature of the show. If anything, I predict that Jackson and April will go their separate ways because that’s the couple we want to see together the most (even if most don’t want to admit it) and Shonda is evil like that (Exhibit A: Mark and Lexie)

Comment by CJS – May 2, 2013 08:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Crap… I obviously meant to type Cristina, but you all knew that (I hope)

Comment by CJS – May 2, 2013 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • In regards to #4, I was SO hoping that Jackson and the intern would break it off tonight, but no such luck. I hope your theory isn’t correct. The drama can go to Alex/Jo. Can’t the writers just let Jackson and April be together. I mean they have the hottest chemistry on the show right now and we’ve only gotten an almost kiss in the last months. It really frustrates me when actors aren’t used to their highest potential. Jackson and the intern? I’m looking but I just don’t see any chemistry, anything to make me swoon. Yet when JW and SD share a scene – it’s always good. They bring out the best in each other. Couldn’t the writers find some realistic drama for them as a couple? Like maybe April’s parents don’t like Jackson or vice versa? Or they disagree about how fast they want to take the relationship? Or how Jackson balances his new job with spending time with a woman he actually cares about seeing? I love angst. Don’t get me wrong, but it’s been about 15 episdoes. We need some good times:)

Comment by Ashly – May 2, 2013 08:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don´t think Shonda really wanted Mark and Lexie to die. But Chyler Leigh (Lexie) didin´t want to go on with the show, and if Lexie was definitively not going to be on the 9th season, it didn´t make any sense for Mark (her soulmate) to live without her….. : (

Comment by Maira sabato – May 3, 2013 12:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Go Alex! I hope he does rearrange that jerk’s face!!

Comment by Dee – May 2, 2013 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m trying to get myself to like Jo (and Jo/Alex) but I just can’t!

Comment by Maris – May 2, 2013 08:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I feel so bad for saying this, but how is the baby with it’s brain outside it’s head, cuter than baby Sofia.

Comment by madhatter360 – May 2, 2013 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I had no idea that it was the baby’s brain; I thought it was a conjoined twin case. I did miss the first few minutes, so maybe I missed the explanation (tuned in as Peyton took AZ’s coffee).

Comment by Meg – May 3, 2013 06:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Peyton, as in One Tree Hills’ Hillarie Burton…as in Lauren! ;9P

Comment by Gargy1975 – May 5, 2013 12:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • wow, that was foul and funny as h*ll!!! And also very true!

Comment by nikki – May 5, 2013 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So, ABC promotes this episode by giving the Arizona conondrum equal weight as the lame Owen/Ethan arc but in reality we get treated to about 60 seconds of this new dynamic. Arizona indeed appears to be smitten. In the couple of brief scenes she showed more attraction for Lauren than she ever has for Callie. I mean, we know she loves her wife, but she has never given her the once over looks she gave Lauren tonight and that opens up a whole can of worms. Its understandable if other women hit on Arizona, but for her to react the way she did redefines their entire relationship, IMO. But, alas, there was not enough time to present, explore or ponder the possibilities because the hour belonged to Owen. Right about now I’m hoping he will adopt the kid and move to Timbuktu. If Cristina acquiesces I will feel like I don’t know these characters at all. I just don’t get how they keep reinventing these characters. Callie was like a spoiled kid who couldn’t take no for an answer, Bailey became an insecure and weak shell of a surgeon, Avery is suddenly really into Stephanie and Cristina was obsessed with this patient to the point of being self-absorbed. Only 3 things I liked: Heather telling the boy his sister was growing a vampire in her head, wicked genius, Derek wearing a tiara, how cute was that? And Jo coming to Alex when she needed to feel safe. I fell in love with Alex all over again. Can’t wait to see what happens next week with that. Back to my original point, ABC knows Calzona has a following so they dangle a juicy storyline in the promos so people will tune in and then deliver an episode almost completely void of.the reason that we tuned in to begin with. It’s called bait and switch and eventually people stop falling for the trick.

Comment by Babygate – May 2, 2013 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i want to see a love triangle for season 10 (lauren-arizona-callie). Arizona & Lauren has chemistry.

Comment by cara – May 4, 2013 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is it just me or is anyone else bothered by the fact that they had to turn Chest Peckwell into a woman beater to give Jo a credible reason to leave him and go to Alex?? I mean did they have to turn him in a monster to justify her leaving him?

Comment by Tim McCollom (@trouble_man90) – May 2, 2013 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s not just you. I hate when they turn the rival into a bad guy just to make us root for a pairing..

Comment by Elsa – May 2, 2013 08:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • He’s been an ass from the very beginning though. While I was surprised by the last scene, it wasn’t because it seemed out of character.

Comment by popculture420 – May 3, 2013 12:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I agree. They were pretty clearly setting CP up as the villain from the beginning. We were never supposed to line up with him over Alex. I was surprised he turned out to be an abuser, but then i was surprised I was surprised because they’ve addressed most other social problems on this show, so why not domestic violence?

Comment by Meredith – May 3, 2013 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • The comments that he made directly to Alex over the season alluded to the fact that he was nastier then he was letting on… So unfortunately I am not surprised.

Comment by H.Houston – May 3, 2013 11:42 AM PDT
          • I just re-watched this episode on DVD last night and I’m horrified how the domestic violence scenario was handled. I realize it is a flaky show, but Jo beat this man senseless. He eventually fought back to defend himself. If the genders were reversed, few people would say that the man who shows up with a few scratches was the victim when the woman was beaten so badly that she may have had a brain injury.

Grey’s Anatomy gave the message that people should not be reporting domestic violence to the police – that’s just scary. The other message was that a woman can beat a man and the man’s job is to take it. Men can be victims of domestic violence, too. It’s disappointing that Grey’s Anatomy handled such an important issue in such an irresponsible way.

Comment by Kali – October 2, 2013 01:26 AM PDT
    • It’s not just you, I was bothered also when they showed Jo’s face.

Comment by Nechelle – May 2, 2013 09:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • At least they (somewhat) hinted at him being a horrible person with his line about how he was going to go and have sex with her a few episodes ago. I wasn’t guessing he was a woman beater, but that line delivery made me think he was very bad news.

Comment by madhatter360 – May 2, 2013 10:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • But we use the logic that because he acted like a douche about having sex with someone then of course he could be an abuser, then Alex should be an abuser too

Comment by Meg – May 3, 2013 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t have a problem with it only because it plays so well into what we already know about Alex’s history with domestic abuse.

This seems like more than just an easy way to get Alex together with Jo, but as a way of doing that while also making Alex face a similar situation to the one that ended with him beating up his dad. It’s all more dramatic this way, which is the way it should be on a soap.

Of course, Alex risks destroying his career if he does beat up the boyfriend.

Comment by Kendall – May 3, 2013 12:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. She should have just realized that Alex would have been better for her. Or Shonda wants to discuss violence againt women…

Comment by Maira sabato – May 3, 2013 01:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree… it’s frustrating that she went to that extreme. It also looks bad to see a minority doctor do that as well- not that it looks good if anyone does it, just saying.

Comment by S. Murphy – May 4, 2013 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ^Agree!

Comment by N – May 2, 2013 08:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did not see that coming. New avenue for Shonda to explore.

Comment by LaLa – May 2, 2013 08:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I work with victims of domestic violence, and it is shockingly prevalent. I’m actually pleased to see it addressed in the media, as maybe it can raise awareness. (I thought the Glee storyline last year was well-done as well.)

Comment by popculture420 – May 3, 2013 12:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Chandra Wilson = Emmy

Comment by Jill – May 2, 2013 08:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How many times will Cristina ask Owen if he wants a kid..hmm,?? please, I can’t see Callie’s heart be broken again. ):

Comment by tahina – May 2, 2013 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely wasn’t expecting that ending. Alex is gonna go all psycho next week!

Comment by A – May 2, 2013 09:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They need to get rid of Stephanie! She’s so annoying and I mean, she knows Jackson has some regard for her and likes to have sex but her but he obviously doesn’t even like her that much (since he hasn’t called her in 11 days and he obviously makes time to hang out with other people, like Alex in this episode) and he doesn’t love her, but yet, there she is.

When April and Jackson are together you can see they were best friends and probably still are in a twisted, I don’t want to admit it way. They know each other so well, and you can see how much they care for each other, they got chemistry, something that’s at a premium with TV couples, yet the writers are doing nothing with it.

It’s sad.

Owen so wants a kid, I believe he does love Christina but children isn’t exactly something you can compromise on.

Also, Christina is such a terrible teacher, I hoped Mr. Feeny had taught her something about mentoring others, but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

Comment by Alex Matias (@DarthClavie) – May 2, 2013 09:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Um, wouldn’t that be “Dr.” Feeny? :)
      But, yes, I do agree with you on that.

Comment by JKR – May 3, 2013 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So some woman comes into the ER and is shredded by a chainsaw and not ONE trauma surgeon or surgeon in training (for trauma e.g. April) assists on that? Pfft. How ridiculous.

Comment by JJC (@GizmoAries93) – May 2, 2013 10:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Though I’ve warmed up to Jo, I feel as though the reason she’s pulled this is so people will pity the character and find a way to sympathize and like her. Classic strategy when a fan favorite is getting with a not-so fan favorite.

Comment by JJC (@GizmoAries93) – May 2, 2013 10:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought that this was a great episode, but is it just me, or was the background music unusually loud throughout tonight’s episode? There were a lot of times during the episode where the background music was so loud that it made it really difficult for me to hear what the people were saying. I thought it was very annoying.

Comment by Taylor – May 2, 2013 11:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No, not just you. Music was so loud you couldn’t hear seemingly important conversations on the show. It was over the top and really irritating.

Comment by SLD – May 3, 2013 06:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I regularly put on closed captioning when watching this show, because the music is so intrusive.

Comment by susela – May 3, 2013 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, the music drove me crazy! I don’t want to have to fight to hear what the characters are saying. It really detracted from a few scenes for me.

Comment by Bobbi – May 3, 2013 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • mer saying “Where was I going” ….. was like ummmm the beginning of the end….. right ?

Comment by rattown (@rattown) – May 2, 2013 11:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I actually thought it was more just a reflection of “pregnancy brain” and the fact that Christina and Alex just totally diverted her from where she was headed to. I really dont think it was at all meant to relate to her having the alzheimer gene.

Comment by vacastlefan – May 3, 2013 02:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree. I immediately thought pregnancy but didn’t think of Alzheimer’s.

Comment by Mary – May 3, 2013 04:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah total pregna brain I had it so bad when I was pregnant lol

Comment by katy917 – May 3, 2013 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can not wait to see Karev beat the heck out of Peckwell. Karev deserves to be happy, finally. Karev and Jo are great together.

Comment by Victoria – May 2, 2013 11:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t deal with all the JAPRIL. FEELS. Jackson spend all day/night connecting emotionally with April; in contrast he spend all day/night forgetting about spending time with his GF. I do have to say I did enjoy the angst, but there will be a time where Japril can’t run or hide from those feels and sexual tension. He turn her down cause he knew how the last time they went out ended… ;)

Comment by Jess – May 2, 2013 11:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Was I the only one hoping that Ethan died?

Comment by Russ – May 2, 2013 11:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • you’re not a human being……….

Comment by rosemary – May 3, 2013 03:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too–I think it would’ve been a great plot point for Owen to really explore how much having a family versus Cristina meant for him. In general, though, this storyline is getting ridiculous and bordering on Denny/Izzy LVAD wire insanity.

Comment by Meg – May 3, 2013 04:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No, you were not the only one. I’m still hoping that that annoying kid dies in the finale. Too many kids already.

Comment by Shondick – May 3, 2013 04:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • According to your logic, Mer’s baby can’t be alive, b/c we have Sofia , Zola, too many kids

Comment by GA fan – May 3, 2013 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yes, McBaby#2 can die too. Never cared for MerDer. Unfortunately I just don’t think it’s happening.

Comment by Shondick – May 3, 2013 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Granted this is TV and fictional… but that is absolutely uncalled for.

Comment by H.Houston – May 3, 2013 11:37 AM PDT
          • You don’t like the “mer/der” combo?! Why do you even watch the show then? They are the main characters and the only couple that everyone has been rooting for! Who should they be with if my each other?

Comment by Hannah – May 6, 2013 03:39 PM PDT
    • Please I hope not. I’m not a fan of the Owen/kid SL but he can just fade into the space. Doesn’t need to die!

Comment by Ninna – May 3, 2013 06:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I could watch this series forever. I love that the writing team goes with their gut and not some tired ‘fans demand’ idea of steering the show. Complications everywhere and although I am one to ship my favorite couples I adore that the series never takes the easy way out. Life it hard and so should the lives of the characters on Grey’s.

Comment by Michele – May 3, 2013 12:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait till Alex beats the ever loving crap out of that “Douche”.

Comment by RobMF – May 3, 2013 12:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Enough focus on Owen. This boring storyline with Ethan is ruining the show for me.

Comment by kill off ginger – May 3, 2013 01:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • the story of Ethan and grandmother is heartbreaking, This boring storyline with AprilJackson and JacksonIntern are ruining the show for me.

Comment by rosemary – May 3, 2013 03:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Absolutely! Get that poor family, with the kid, out of there already!

Comment by J. D. (@JD31557) – May 3, 2013 07:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It is incredibly boring and the grandmother needs to get a grip. Plus, shouldn’t Ethan be in school? I don’t think it’s supposed to be summer already in the show’s world.

Comment by Anna – May 3, 2013 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • only 8 days after the accident , Ethan takes a sick off

Comment by jennifer – May 4, 2013 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As a former victim of domestic violence, I was so thankful that Jo had someone to turn to and that she got away from douchy-mc-peckwell.

In other news, how sweet was Zola’s tea party with Mer & Der?? I loved Mc. Dreamy in the tierra. That made me cry happy tears.

Comment by SaraG – May 3, 2013 02:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You know for once, I’m hoping Callie is with someone who doesn’t cheat. One thing to be flattered but another to pursue it. Arizona has been my favorite character since she first appeared on the show, and I never thought I would be at this point of her not liking her very much. Her talk in the elevator seemed more to remind herself that she was married instead of letting that dr know thanks but no thanks.

Comment by Sara – May 3, 2013 02:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think she was just flattered. The pretty girl likes her even though she only has one leg.

Comment by Guest – May 3, 2013 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best part of the episode? Yang speaking French!

Comment by Jen – May 3, 2013 03:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yup ! And her French was good ! I knew she lived In Montreal for some time but did not realize she learned the language.

Comment by Elsa – May 3, 2013 04:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Sandra Oh is Canadian & was raised in Ottawa – 50% English & a little over 30% French language is spoken there. French obviously comes natural to her. Same thing in Montreal – French is the main language & she was speaking fluent French, she just didn’t learn those lines for the show – I took French lessons, I know.

I am so loving the storyline with Owen & Ethan – this storyline is the continuing journey of Owen & Cristina. I find it very sad that some people think this boy should die, along with Owen dying – wow, this is a tv show – shows me the lack of character of the viewing public who actually think tv characters should die because they have “too much screen time or they don’t like the character” – such hatred. The poster who thinks that the grandmother needs to “get a grip” – what lack of compassion for this woman. Every human being has their own “story” – just like Meredith Grey is always saying. This woman’s husband is in a home & that has to be very hard for her & if her own health isn’t the best, how can she care for a child, even if it is her own grandson? Should the storyline continue with Ethan’s dad passing, why couldn’t Owen become his foster/adoptive dad? He & Cristina are divorced, he can do this without conferring with her as one would do in a marriage – well, now wait, that doesn’t always hold true in a “real life” marriage either – Cristina doesn’t have to be involved with raising him, though he is coming ready-made and I find it very interesting that she actually called Ethan by his first name. Aside from Zola, I can’t recall Cristina Yang ever calling any child she has come up against by their first name. She’s been too busy showing that they are an annoyance to her. I think that as she watches Owen with him, I can’t help but think she will eventually come to like & maybe eventually love him as well. But I am getting way ahead of myself in my line of thinking, we haven’t gotten that far yet – it’s possible that the dad will wake up.

Shonda obviously writes her Grey’s Anatomy characters with very different personalities, warts & all & she is telling stories with these personalities and is showing all of us just what makes our world of go ’round …. and to be tolerant because there are no two personalities alike.

Comment by soxfan – May 5, 2013 08:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I love the storyline with Owen & Ethan too, and thinking what if my kid’s in the same situation, anyone can help and confort my kid like Owen?
          of course, I hope his dad can wake up, if not, I really want Cristina and Owen to adopt the boy together

Comment by vanessa_tw – May 5, 2013 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • her dialogue: “No.. I am booking us a vacation in Nice” :P Yang has the best zingers!

Comment by Rivera – May 3, 2013 07:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What was the name of the song playing in the last 3 minutes of the show??

I caught a bunch of the words but cannot get a search to come up with results

Comment by H.Houston – May 3, 2013 04:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Try using the words you caught with “grey’s anatomy 5/2 episode”

Comment by Meg – May 3, 2013 06:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Looks like it is “New York” by The Boxer Rebellion — it’s currently not available on iTunes because the album comes out May 14th…. but I loved the song

Comment by H.Houston – May 3, 2013 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 1. Cristina and Owen may love each other dearly, but the basis of a long-term relationship is being able to come up with a working compromise. These two, unfortunately,have too many irreconcilable differences. They want fundamentally different things, and neither would be fully satisfied with the compromises they would have to make to keep their relationship going in the long term. The cracks eventually emerge.
    2. I don’t think that Shonda will split Calzona up, but, on the other hand, Arizona seemed a little too smitten. Take Callie – she openly admitted that the doctor was awesome, whilst Arizona was obviously taking it to a different level. Plus, did anyone else notice just how reluctant and hesitant she was in highlighting the fact that she was married ?
    3. MerDer were beyond awesome in this episode. That tea party at the end with Zola was adorable, and I liked the fact that it was Meredith having to reassure Derek, rather than the other way around. Plus,Patrick Dempsey in a tiara ?Seriously ? I never thought I would see that. Gotta be one of the best scenes this season !

Comment by Sara – May 3, 2013 05:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lara Croft wouldn’t take that

Comment by hello – May 3, 2013 05:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought Hilarie Burton (Lauren) looked absolutely gorgeous! This is the best I’ve ever seen her really. And it’s funny knowing that she had Denny’s baby.

Comment by lauren – May 3, 2013 06:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She is gorgeous <3

Comment by maja – May 3, 2013 06:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hilarie Burton always looks Gorgeous. That’s just a fact.

Comment by RobMF – May 3, 2013 09:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amen….just difficult reconciling Peyton and Lauren being the same person….21-to-mid30′s…in like what a year…probably, why it took me awhile to be like “Whoa! Isn’t that One Tree Hills’, Peyton”…when reading her name like half-a-dozen times….she is naturally curly-hair and with straightened bob-cut…it really did not occur to me….just that Lauren/Arizona are H-A-W-T! ;9P

Comment by Gargy1975 – May 5, 2013 01:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am I the only one who thought Jo could be faking? It looked more like scratches than a punch. With her fake crying earlier in the season, she can be very manipulative.

Comment by Wondering – May 3, 2013 06:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Did Jo move in with woman-basher? I mean where were they when he hit her? At the hospital? That’s kinda weird. And hadn’t they broken up?

And please can we not compare this to real life, it’s a series, so if people are a little heartless about wanting the kid to die etc, it’s not a reflection on what they’d want in a real situation.

Comment by Munchkins – May 6, 2013 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SO happy to see Dark Alex on the horizon. He’s been too good for too long. I’m not afraid to admit that I got a jolt of happy when I saw him in the black hoody being all dark and broody. I’ve missed the badass side of him.

Comment by Magically Suspicious – May 3, 2013 06:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I missed a few minutes near the end of the show, so can anyone tell me: Did Jo actually tell Alex how she got her? Did she say that Jason did it? Is there any proof right now that he’s guilty (aside from the fact that he and Jo were arguing earlier in the episode)? If not, a lot of commenters are assuming that he hit her. Maybe he didn’t.
    I thought this episode was only so-so, pretty skippable. I’m glad that Ben came back, though. That was probably the best part.

Comment by Chris – May 3, 2013 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well , I think it’s pretty clear , we don’t need any proof.
      You didn’t missed much ,When he came back home , he start telling her how tired he is of bumping into her when she clearly doesn’t want to speak with him.she stays quiet then focus on her face: beating marks. she says ” can I stay here please”

Comment by Billy – May 3, 2013 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t see that it’s clear at all, actually. We didn’t see how she got injured; therefore, we don’t know. Thanks for giving details about the part I missed.

Comment by Chris – May 3, 2013 06:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Following on this train of thought I feel the Jo is the abuser not Jason. My radar is going off on this one.

Comment by Liz – May 17, 2013 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah! Ben showed up, but the infection should show up again next episode.

You’re talking about a major hospital in an urban area and Bailey is the only one infected?
      That makes absolutely no sense.
      The only reasonable explanation is that Ben is the one who infected her.

Comment by John S – May 3, 2013 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The previews to next week alluded to her telling Alex that Jo and Jason were fighting and things went out of control. The next jumped scene is Alex running down some stairs like he is headed out somewhere.

Comment by H.Houston – May 3, 2013 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • *got hurt”, not “got her,” sorry. My comment makes no sense with that typo in it!

Comment by Chris – May 3, 2013 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damn I felt it was one of the best of the season, don’t know why…I can’t have enough of Christina/Alex’s little broken heart/Meredith together! By the way I loved Cristina’s french accent! it was perfect and really understandable. Couldn’t care less about Owen and the kid but the best scene of the episode might be that 5 secondes scene between Richard and Ben, for me it proves how much chief Weeber (he will always be the chief for me) knows Bailey and what she needs. I had trouble with Hilarie Burton’s character, not because she acted badly on contrary she was great, but because I was a huge fan of One Tree Hill, it’s difficult to imagine Peyton as a talentend surgeon. And just one more thing, like Captain America would say: “Alex smash!”

Comment by Azerty – May 3, 2013 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, it didn’t occur to me @ first….just how different it was between Peyton and Lauren, right?! ;9P

Comment by Gargy1975 – May 8, 2013 12:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I feel like Jo has been ‘too good to be true’ from the start (even though I’ve dislike her from the start). She has proven to Alex that she is an amazing liar and I noticed her knuckles all bruised and bleeding. For all we know Alex is going to show up to whats-his-face’s place and find him worse off or hell, maybe she bruised up herself. Her bruises are located on the right side of her face, so is he left-handed then? I mean, the guy she’s dating is a douche, but that doesn’t mean he’s an abuser.

Comment by Jessica Peterson – May 8, 2013 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That is a good point. From what I’ve seen from past episodes, Jason is Right-handed. When he was performing the C-Section to deliver the baby, he was cutting with the right-hand and holding the belly with his left. A sure sign that he’s right-handed.

Comment by John S – May 8, 2013 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Though now I’ve also considered the possibility that Jason could have used his non-dominant hand to hit her, as to avoid damaging his surgery hand? Who knows, guess we will find out!

Comment by Jessica Peterson – May 9, 2013 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLEASE PLEASE BRING KATHERINE HEIGL BACK, she was the best actor GA had and she made it sooo good, and some of those new interns are such TERRIBLE actors it’s embarrassing. I love love loved Izzie, she was by far my favorite and most loved character, I remain and steadfast GA fan for life, but Izzie was so wonderful and I would be soooo happy if she came back!!!!

Comment by Diana – May 15, 2013 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ah, being right…is an awesome feeling….FYI: Arizona and Season Finales’….ARE ALWAYS GOING TO COME-OUT WORSE CASE SCENARIS….FOR FUTURE RE:….Becaus, this THE 3RD SEASON FINALE…THAT ARIZONA HAS GOTTEN HERSELF INTO TROUBLE….PLUS, AFRICA EARN CALLIE BACK…PLAYER….ALL PATTERNS…AND ALL PATTERNS OF ONLY ARIZONA’S! ;9P

Comment by Gargy1975 – May 19, 2013 12:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post