Ratings: Grimm Tops Hour in Tuesday Debut, NCIS Rises, DWTS and NCIS: LA Hit Lows

Grimm_EndangeredThings looked sunny for Grimm in its Tuesday debut, which drew 5.8 million total viewers and a 1.9 rating (nudged down per finals), winning the 10 o’clock hour with its best demo number since Oct. 26 and more than doubling Smash‘s final Tuesday telecast in both measures.

Leading into the transplanted supernatural sophomore, The Voice (11.6 mil/3.9, adjusted up in finals) was down 7 percent week-to-week.

RELATED | The Voice Recap: To Kill a Knockout Bird

Over on CBS, NCIS‘ car crash cliffhanger resolution did 17.7 mil and a 3.1, up 2 percent and three tenths. NCIS: LA (13 mil/2.2) however was down 9 and 19 percent, hitting a series low demo. Golden Boy capped the Eye’s night with 7.8 mil/1.3, dipping a tenth to a Tuesday low.

RELATED | NCIS Recap: Who Lived? And Who Died?

On ABC, Splash (4.3 mil/0.9) fell 12 percent and two tenths, Dancing With the Stars‘ results show (10.6 mil/1.5) dropped 16 and 25 percent (hitting an all-time low rating) and Diane Sawyer’s Amanda Knox sitdown (8.5 mil/1.7) did a tenth better than Body of Proof.

RELATED | Dancing With the Stars Week 7 Results: Did the Right Couple Go Home?

Fox’s Hell’s Kitchen (4.7 mil/1.9) slipped 5 percent, New Girl (3.63 mil/2.0) was down 9 percent and Mindy Project (2.63 mil/1.3) dipped two tenths.

RELATED | New Girl Recap: Doin’ It and Doin’ It Well

The CW’s Hart of Dixie (1.2 mil/0.5) celebrated its renewal with gains of 9 percent and a tenth.

1. Glad Grimm survived the move, but come on. Everything after The Voice gets a nice bump.

• Rrrrrr says:

Tell that to Ready For Love.

• Ashley says:

Same here great news for GRIMM i watched last night and was tryng hard not to fall asleep! that episode was great and of course………FUNNY AS HELL……. when they have a character like MONROE! Hope the ratings stay up towards the finale.

2. Trent says:

So happy for Grimm! It was a great episode, too. Hope those new viewers realized what an underrated pleasure this show is…

3. Chicago Dan says:

Hope Grimm isn’t adjusted down too much. It dropped to 1.7 at 1030. Sounds like TV overrun. Hopefully, not because of people turning the show off…

4. Douglas from Brazil says:

Anything than 1.0 rating is better.I mean, by NBC standards.

• Douglas from Brazil says:

Correcting: Anything higher than 1.0 rating is better.I mean, by NBC standards.

• Sg. Grant says:

I agree. That is why it is baffling that Parenthood, which regularly got between 1.5-2.0, in the Tuesday 10pm timeslot, was getting shortened seasons.

5. lily says:

I don’t know about anyone else, but lately I have been so excited to watch the NCIS episodes (and semi freaking out during the episodes and checking Twitter constantly), that by the time NCIS:LA comes on I cannot pay attention because I am too busy processing the NCIS episode and just decide to watch LA online the next day. Also, in my opinion,NCIS:LA just isn’t as good as the original at getting me invested in the episode…I’ve also been watching the orginal for 10 years so I’m bias. ;)

• Gina says:

I totally agree u.

• Kim R says:

I feel the same way. I have been watching the original from the start as well and I do enjoy LA when I watch it but it is rarely on the night it airs. And if I miss an episode I don’t really care. I’m just not as invested in the people as I am with NCIS.

• Melanie says:

Totally agree 100%. If NCIS LA went off the air I wouldn’t bat an eye, but when I do watch the episodes I enjoy them. They just don’t have the draw/investment for me that NCIS has which makes me want to watch and find out what’s happening with the team.

• Tania says:

NCIS should start thinking about ending on a high. It is beginning to over stay its welcome.

6. Et al. says:

It’s not fair to compare Grimm and Smash. Smash didn’t have the benefit of airing immediately after the Voice (this season). I’m happy for Grimm though even if the retention police will deem it a failure.

• Rich says:

A lot of Grimm viewers could not care less about The Voice. Revolution would make a better lead in.

• Melanie says:

I love Grimm. I don’t watch the Voice. I think that the promos for Grimm and esp. the opening can be a turn off for people. It makes it appear to be much more of a “horror” show than it actually is. In fact, I would describe it more as fantasy or Sci. Fi. than horror, but it does not come off that way in the opening – for sure. I wish they would change it.

• mia says:

I watch both The Voice and Grimm, but I agree its not a very logical pairing.

7. wrstlgirl says:

Happy for Grimm, sad for Golden Boy. Wish more people would watch GB, it really is a good show.

• Tania says:

I agree. Golden Boy is really a very good series. I’m hoping that CBS does right by the series and renews it.

8. Sara says:

I’m sad Mindy Project’s ratings are so low. :( I really want it to stick around a couple years but with these ratings, I’m already worried whether or not it’ll be renewed for a s3.

• Tania says:

Be happy that you get Season 2. Worry about Season 3 when the time comes. I’m a fan of the series myself.

9. @heather_kaye says:

I get confused by these numbers pretty easily, but there is one thing I don’t understand: _there are 4.3 million people watching Splash?_

10. greysfan says:

Makes you wonder if NBC didn’t stuff around with Smash, how well it could have gone on Tuesdays.

11. John R says:

After adjustments Grimm would probably fall to 1.8 and The Voice will gain two-tenths. A very mediocre performance after The Voice tbh. On Fridays, Grimm is a great performer.

12. ollie says:

yea for hod #s. glad they went up but didnt help last week when baseball was on instead on some stations.

13. Frank says:

I can’t help it, but I think nowadays NCIS: LA is a lot better and definitely more fun to watch than the original.

• katy917 says:

I totally 100% agree. LA is still must see tv for me, the original is still sitting waiting to be watched I’m about 4-5 weeks behind with it as I just can’t be bothered. I like the episodes that carry the story further but the other, standalone ones just aren’t as exciting as LA.

• JC says:

I completely agree. Personally I gave up on original NCIS this season. I only watch NCIS LA these days. I enjoy the characters there much more, especially Hetty. I’m sorry to see that it went down so much.

• Emma says:

I definitely agree. Don’t get me wrong, I still love the original NCIS but I find that when I get a chance to rewatch something I will usually watch NCIS:LA over NCIS. It’s such a pity that it went down so much, I very much enjoyed Tuesday’s episode.

• Huskygrl says:

I completely agree, I usually watch NCIS LA first and then maybe not NCIS until the next day. To me it seems that LA has a lot more action and far more interesting stories and characters. I am way more interested in the DENSIE pairing than the overly drug out Ziva. And I find the supporting characters on LA much more interesting than watching another Gibbs or Tony (who’s turned into an idiot) glorification. Yawn!

14. kelsey says:

All I know is, New Girl was the best show of the night. Ratings be damned.

15. Me says:

Can ABC cancel “Splash”, move Nashville to Tuesday/sunday night and stick happy endings on the comedy night Wednesday in its time slot? To me that just makes better sense then trying to make it hold its own all the way on Friday nights.

16. Mikael says:

Good for Grimm! It’s funny, when Grimm and Once Upon a Time first came out, I thought One was for sure the better show. It was must-watch material for me. This year, the tables have turned. Grimm has really gotten good (aside from the Juliette stuff) and Once has become overcrowded and less cohesive.

17. sarah birkin says:

Not good for golden boy :-((( but yay for grimm and HOD :D.

18. Jared says:

Why NBC banished Grimm to Friday nights when clearly it has a loyal dedicated audience that will follow it whenever its on the schedule. I dont personally watch Grimm but still glad it’s doing well for the fans.

• Sg. Grant says:

I like Grimm being on Fridays. It doesnt well enough there. Parenthood needs to stay on Tuesday at 10pm, especially since it is getting a full season next year.

19. Elyse says:

YAY GRIMM!!! :)

• Jan Wade says:

I don’t care where GRIMM goes, I’ll follow it anywhere. Its the best show in a long time,holds your interest till the end and wanting more.

20. Diane says:

I prefer NCISLA, but this season hasn’t been the best. No pay off for any characters and it hasn’t been that action packed lately. They need to do better in season 5 and have a good season finale.

21. Dale says:

Grimm is a good show. Love all who star in it. Stories are fun to watch. Keep it on. Tired of music shows, they aim for the young, I prefer shows that have acting and stories.

• Tania says:

Grimm is not a show that I would typically watch. However, I must admit that I’m enjoying it.

• Tania says:

Smash is not a bad little show. It is far better than Glee. Smash has terrific original songs (for the most part) written for it and fantastic choreography. It also has some fabulous singing voices beginning with Megan Hilty. It is unfortunate that not many people are watching it. At least I got two seasons out of it.