American Idol Top 4 Results Recap: Sealed With a Twist [Updated]

American-Idol-Top-4-Results-Amber-HolcombRyan Seacrest kicked off Top 4 results night on Season 12 of American Idol with a speech that — depending on your outlook in life, or at least reality television — sounded either incredibly hopeful or deeply ominous: “I will announce some shocking news that will affect the judges and turn the competition upside down. It’s gonna be another serious night of drama.”

Ryan, who’s hummed along this season as quietly and efficiently — and with as little fanfare — as a high-end refrigerator, had already hinted at a “surprise twist” in the Idol proceedings at the end of Wednesday’s Top 4 performance show. And, of course, with TVLine breaking the news on Tuesday that the Judges’ Save had expired — and the knowledge among Idol watchers that at its current pace, Season 12 was on target to end a week short of the scheduled May 16 finale — all signs pointed to a non-elimination week, with the next ouster slated for May 2 and based on two weeks of voting tallies.

RELATED | American Idol Top 4 Performance Night Recap: I Don’t Think That I Can Take It

But if that was the case, how come Ryan was talking about the implications for the judges’ panel? Did executive producer Nigel Lytgoe have some nefarious card up his sleeve? Would RuPaul emerge from that trademark seam in the backdrop and demand that Nicki Minaj and Mariah Carey “lipsync for their lives” — with the loser being asked to “sashay away” from the proceedings? Was a quartet of semi-good-looking, semi-talented white guys about to storm the stage and engage in individual sing-offs against Angie, Candice, Kree and Amber, the better to placate hormonal teenagers whose texting fingers have gone idle since the elimination of Elijah Liu back in Vegas? Or maybe there was just a simple plan to present Randy Jackson with the thesaurus that Santa never ever seems to bring him — despite it being No. 1 on the Christmas list of every Idoloonie of every religious denomination for the last 11 years.

VIDEO | Idol‘s Lazaro Arbos on Sassing the Judges, Smuggled Whitney CDs, and ‘Courage’ Critiques! Plus: ‘No Way 5 Guys Could’ve Left in a Row’

After performances by Season 10 grad Stefano Langone (charmingly cheesy as ever) and Season 9 champ Lee DeWyze (freed from the 19 Machine and able to actually release a catchy, self-penned tune!), it was time for the results:

TOP 2
Angie Miller
Kree Harrison

BOTTOM 2
Amber Holcomb
Candice Glover

“And the person who could be at risk tonight is…no one!” said Ryan, revealing that indeed, the schedule demanded a non-elimination week, and that Wednesday’s 38 million votes will be added to next week’s numbers.

Before I turn things over to you, a few additional thoughts:

* Please tell me I’m not the only one who was moved to tears when that cute little boy at the Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles grabbed the mic from Candice and joined the Top 4 on “Just the Way You Are.”

* The group rendition of “Girl on Fire” was — dare I say it — one of the least atrocious group numbers in Idol history. Despite an outfit that was lacking in both sophistication and fabric, Amber sounded particularly potent on the Alicia Keys track though (brace for Slezak Conspiracy Theory No. 477) I swear something weird was happening with the volume on Candice’s mic. Weigh in below if you caught that, too.

* I could make fun of the Ford Fiesta “Cloning Ryan Seacrest” spot, but let’s just be glad it didn’t end with the Idol host/E! reality series producer multiplying his stable of a Kardashians, yes?

* Amber may have “won” the “5 things in 20 seconds” battle by managing to fit in six fun factoids about herself in the allotted time, but it was Kree who won the war with her charmingly self-deprecating “I suck!”

* How could Jimmy note vocal strain from Amber’s “Power of Love” on Wednesday, then assign it an A+ on Thursday? That said, I don’t think it was fair of him to tell the audience she didn’t know the meaning of “MacArthur Park.” I needed Alicia Florrick to stand up and shout, “Objection: Hearsay!” Srsly, if it wasn’t captured on camera, then did it actually happen in the Idolverse? I say “no.”

* Jimmy’s evisceration of Kree’s choice of “Whiter Shade of Pale” made me want to dial 1-800-Trying-Too-Hard.

* I had to roll my eyes when Stefano went on and on about ladies to his left (the Top 4) and ladies to his front (Nicki and Mariah) before singing “Yes to Love,” but he plays his Mack Daddy Jr. role with such goofy obliviousness that I find it hard to root against him. Still, as far as dude’s singles go, I preferred “I’m on a Roll.” (Woo hoo hoo hoo.)

* Interesting to hear Jimmy reconfirm his belieft in Candice — and then publicly ask for her to “speak less” and save her voice for these next few weeks of competition. Do we trust Old Man Bieber? I’m not sure. But I’m 10 percent less angry about the judges’ ghastly treatment of Ms. Glover on Wednesday after they brought out her idol Drake to thank her for covering one of his tunes. Bonus points for the way Kree, Angie and Amber went berserk with excitement over seeing their competitor’s dream come true. I buy that these gals really do dig one another.

* Lee’s “Silver Lining” sounded very au courant, no? It was like if Mumford and Sons’ “The Cave” made a baby with Phillip Phillips’ “Home,” and then that baby grew up and became a motivational speaker. I know I’ve never been the biggest fan of the Season 9 champ — or his win over Crystal Bowersox — but it’s always nice to see any artist reclaim their artistry after getting steamrolled by the major-label conformity monster.

And with that, let me turn things over to you. What did you think of Season 12 Top 4 Results (Part 1)? Did you see the “twist” coming from 10 miles away? What did you think of Jimmy’s comments? How about the Candice-Drake moment? Sound off in the comments, and for all my Idol-related news, recaps, interviews and videos, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV!

1. Jacob P. says:

I am so worried for Candice! What if they give Amber the pimp spot again?!

• I love that the public didn’t get tricked by the judges into thinking Amber was better than she was last night. I kinda wanted to know which of the Bottom 2 was really the one possibly to leave, but I am at least glad they told us the Bottom 2. Which by the way, how is Candice in that group? Did Kree just take all of Janelle’s voters? I thought Amber would be at risk because she wasn’t as great as the judges wanted us to believe but Candice? Wow.

• Jacob P. says:

That was something that I was sorta happy about. I really hope that Amber goes home because I cannot imagine a Final 3 with Amber in it!

• LOLOL says:

You comment does not make any sense.

• Jacob P. says:

How does it not make sense? I want her to go home because I can’t see her in the Final 3. Also, No, I don’t believe she deserves to win. Anyone but her at this point.

• TalkSensibly says:

Come on, everyone deserves the win. Let us not get biased at this point. If your idol loses , keep patronizing her career. If it grows huge, then the rest of the fans can rest their case.

• Do says:

Why do you assume they will have careers?

• Tom22 says:

They all can have careers in music if they go to college and get teaching ma and become school music teachers. They can certainly have a career initially singing at Disneyland (life long or not is a difficult question).

They can all sing well enough that the right songs and the right marketing could mean more commercial success beyond a wage earning use of their talents.

BUT …. Even Mariah isn’t guaranteed she will have a sustained hit off her next album.. even with tens of millions of avid fans. Probably less than 50/50 odds… the odds for new performers are indeed slim yet.. youth , and drive and work scratching as many lotto tickets as possible can increase the contestants odds of having a chance at it.

• chris says:

Your comments makes no sense . If you want her to go home…. why are you glad that she stayed an extra week?

• Roxann says:

Excuse me Amber has an amazing voice, all 4 ladies sing very well, I have a music background
          and Amber does have a good strong voice and can handle the notes, but you have a right to your opinion. I am sure one of the out side music producers will sign her.

• She HAS a great voice. But she’s not that contemporary like the judges want us to believe. She’s the least likable and always sound like “2000 and late”. I loved her in the beginning, with the jazzy songs… soft voice. But then she started to desperately scream songs from 30 years ago. I think the last Amber performance I really liked was the Beatles’ “She’s Leaving Home”. She needs to mature as an artist. The other 3 girls are way ahead of her.

• Roxann says:

You cannot imagine it …….ok, well Amber has an amazing voice, she can handle the notes
          I am positive that if she is eliminated she will be signed by another producer and she will do very well, ever hear the name ….Jennifer Hudson. The same is true for Candice. I have been watching Idol since it started and I skip whole seasons sometimes because I just cannot take the viewer hate that I have seen so often but I know its reality. All 4 ladies are awesome and I wish all of them the best.

• I totally agree with you. All 4 of them have HUGE potential after the show if they play they cards right.

• marilena says:

Agreed and regardless who wins this competition the tree candidates will blossom and will get contract from different producer and will have an amazing success in the music industry. Good luck girls!

• Dan (Haleyloonie) says:

Candice, Kree, and Angie deserved to be in the Top 2, but only two of them could be in it. Kree and Angie, I thought, were the better of the three.

• Jake says:

This season has turned into a complete mess…I don’t care Michael that you love this Top 4…the producers took all the fun and unpredictability of this show by negating shock eliminations, diverse batch of singers and fun unique personalities…and WHAT A LIE…Michael, how has this escaped you…the producers never padded a week for the save in the prior years…two contestants have ALWAYS been eliminated the week after the save is used…last season was the only exception, but they had a week when someone was eliminated and another contestant was disqualified…if this was going to be a safe week, should’ve been last week cause they basically SAVED someone this week, even if it wasn’t the judges…Nigel and Fox deserve the ratings they are getting for a mess of a season

• Teeny Bikini says:

This. This. This. A hot mess. The show is ruined. I am over Nigel’s manipulations. I don’t why it took me so long to get it – like millions of others – but this show is no longer worth watching.

• Dan (Haleyloonie) says:

There is always next season… Or maybe not.

• karenb says:

I’m in.

• Blinged Up says:

I’m not usually too bothered by the manipulation each year, but this season, it has been too much. I agree that they’ve sucked the personality and fun out of the show this year. I’m rooting for Candice, but I am not looking forward to each week’s show with anticipation like I used to do. Meh.

• Melanie Desi says:

Absolutely correct — the save has always meant a double elimination the following week.

• Molly says:

Jake,
            Every year, there is a tweak or two. I fail to see how this one is the abomination you make it out to be. Ever since the save was initiated, until this season, they have started out with more than 10. This is the first time in a number of years that there hasn’t been at least one wild card. Hence, even if the save had been used, they could have only eliminated one the following week. Get a grip, not like this is a sure sign of impending Armageddon!
            To me, the real travesty is how the judges threw Kree under the bus Wednesday night. And Candice as well, though slightly less brutally. Mariah was the only one with the b@**$ to go off script. Though if the rumors of the show dumping her are true, what has she got to lose.
            As has been proven in past years, if a contestant has what it takes, they will succeed once they have gotten exposure from Idol; no matter where in the top 10 they were reached.

• Joy says:

Angie had a great night last night. I thought Kree and Candice were neck-and-neck in terms of performance quality, but the judges went so over the top attacking Kree that — especially with her seeming at risk after last week — it’s not surprising her fan base was extra-motivated to turn out for her in last night’s voting. Candice, meanwhile, was damned with faint praise and upstaged by silly antics, and I think she just got lost in the shuffle. I hope her fans can make up the difference next week.

• Michaelangelo says:

With the blonde girl’s ousting, Kree was ripe for a top-two finish. I highly doubt that the people voting for blonde girl migrated to Candice and Amber.

• Jake says:

Personally I’ve been voting for Candice, and only Candice, all season. I will continue to do so with the idea that even if she happens to somehow get voted off next week (I hope not) that pretty much all of my favorite idol contestants have been eliminated around now.

I’m looking at Chris Daughtry and James Durbin specifically in this example. Both have gone on to great careers with pretty awesome albums.

• I'm Batman! says:

This season is OVUH! Angie is the mortal lock. Listen to the applause after every performance. She has consistently had the loudest and most energetic public response throughout the season. The other three are “in it to finish as Angie’s runner-up.”

• Ademm says:

I was hoping that they would all be sent home and start over — the sooner we put this season behind us the better.

• jean says:

That’s what happens when the judges beat up on someone… all of them. I think Kree benefited from their poor treatment

• Joline says:

Since the judges aren’t giving Amber ANY constructive critiques she will change nothing next week and come in lowest again. Conversely, Kree and Candice will come out like gangbusters and slay their songs. Unless someone has an insanely off night, I still say Amber goes home.

• Mary says:

At this point it is fan base on the votes and who has the most fans willing to take the time to vote.
            The contestants might pick up a few votes when someone is eliminated but a lot of people stop voting if there favorite is gone.

• HitTheGroundRunning says:

I guess it means the previous week it was Angie, Candice, Kree, Amber, Janelle. Kree and Angie probably took the Janelle votes. I’m guess it was Angie, Kree, Candice, Amber this week, but you never know. Maybe Kree took all the Janelle votes and went first with that and sympathy and worried voters?

• no dawg says:

Yes I think Kree benefited from Janelle’s votes. Whenever someone gets voted off, some of those fans would probably shift to another person. So the previous rankings can change quite unexpectedly.

• Ben says:

The public didn’t get ‘tricked’? What is it about people around here who are determined to insist that the judges have an interest in ‘tricking’ you – and even more, since when have the judges ever, ever, had any sway over voting patterns (answer, they haven’t). I really don’t understand claims of producer manipulation through judges comments, since I honestly can’t recall any time when the judges comments have made any measurable difference in Idol.

• RW says:

I just got dumber reading your comment about the judges not being about to sway the vote. If Simon didn’t like you, you were gone. This judging panel does have a little less impact on the voting than previous years. Their comments generally go along with the voting and sometimes have the opposite affect; this is certainly true with the backlash vote for Kree this week.

• Ben says:

Simon was certainly the judge whose comments most lined up to what happened – but I’d like you to give me an example, any one, of where Simon either pimped someone who didn’t deserve to stay and they stayed, or where he pushed for someone to be voted out who did deserve to stay and they went. More accurately, Simon was simply accurate in his analysis of performers as a whole. I agree that a more common effect is that people do the opposite of what judges say, because it makes them more afraid for the life of their favourite in the competition.

• Conor says:

I wouldn’t count on Kree’s votes being all backlash. She was in the top 2/3 every week except for the 1 week she was in the b2. I think she would have been top 2 last night even without a backlash vote, and last week was just a fluke (e.g. Jessica Sanchez, Colton Dixon). Her fans just got to comfortable with her being always being on top and needed a little motivation.

• Marilyn says:

How long have you been watching? The only year they didn’t manipulate was the Scotty year because there was absolutely no way he was not going to win. His voting base was immense. Wrong, they did that year, too, by constantly throwing Haley under the bus. But Scotty was going to win and I think that was a given.

• HitTheGroundRunning says:

Yeah that year had the most insane, worst manipulation ever! It had so much beyond belief every which way. It does seem Scotty, for who knows what reason, may have won anyway since he apparently picked up ten million fans day 1 when he did the deep voice baby lock them doors, seemed corny to me but the ladies seemed to go insane and the country crowd went wild. There was some claim that early on he once had almost as many votes as all the other contestants combined or something. Haley would’ve easily made the finale though without all the crap (as it was they say she only missed by a vanishingly close vote to Lauren). She certainly woud’ve finished closer to Scotty in the finale than Lauren since she woulda brought somethign different instead of country vs country and they wouldn’t have lost 20-30% of the expected audience for the finale that they did (although more fair, IMO, woulda been Haley vs Lauren if we are picking from those three sinec I thought Lauren was better than Scotty). If they had given her a strong, early package she might have even given Scotty a bit of a run, whether she could’ve won, I’m not sure, if they harped on Scotty for being one note and forced them to do different styles for genre weeks and praised Haley all she deserved and gave her a good early package so she had a chance to build enough fans in the critical earliest period…. maybe.

• The Beach says:

Wait a minute! Did you say they didn’t try to manipulate Season 10? I recall one of their most audacious and ridiculous attempts of any year being that finale when Lauren was “deathly ill and we were told Haley had been brought back and practicing a song to compete with Scotty…only to have them hilariously/embarrassingly bring out a doctor on stage to declare that yes, Lauren would indeed arise like Lazarus from her sick bed and compete. That was absolutely the worst.

• LeahKittyS says:

Lauren’s situation wasn’t like Lazarus at all. We met Lazarus this season. Except his name was in its Spanish form.

• Ben says:

I’ve watched every episode of every season, and sat through peoples judging complaints for nearly as long. Whats more, I’ve been in many different idol communities across the web (including ones from other countries, since I’m not American) and there is one consistent theme I find – while I can easily tell you what TVLine’s bias will be, I can certainly find other sites who will tell you that the judges are biased towards Kree, or Angie… whoever you like.

Also, believe it or not, I also am a big follower of statistics. I haven’t had time this season (sadly), but for the previous 7 I have been paying special attention to things like judges comments v who went home. I find it to be a complete crock that judges have any impact (crock that VFTW do, too). Place of singing, or basic demographics, both clearly have far more effect.

• HitTheGroundRunning says:

Gotta disagree. There are definitely times when someone jumped up or down for a week. Also it is more than just comments, it is the production as whole too. They can definitely fail to show people enough or in a good light very early on when large fanbases are built and that always is a struggle to overcome. They definitely do things to give certain impressions of people. Some of that can be hard to overcome or in other cases it helps them with certain voting segments. And there have been times when going home or staying has been down to very few votes.

• Claudia says:

Re Simon not making a difference (this comment is for Ben) what about him praising Melinda Doolittle for the whole season & then when it got down to 3 or 4 he started really hammering her & telling her she hadn’t grown? I definitely think he swayed voters there.

As for season 10, the fix was in for Scotty & Lauren from day one. Lauren’s audition where they said “we might have found our winner” was shown over & over. And no matter what she did, she never got the bussing that Haley did. And when did they ever tell Scotty how stupid he looked with that damn mike (it took Lady Gaga to do that) or how un-versatile he is?

• HitTheGroundRunning says:

My last comment there was for Ben (when you respond by the emails the site sends they don’t you see at what level the comment is being placed so you don’t know if it will be obvious who your comment is going to or whether it will have hit the max nesting spot and not be clear).

• Marcia says:

Well, there was a lot o manipulation in Season 10 so they could have that Scotty and Lauren Alaina finale (even when Haley was such a better singer, giving us amazing performances week after week – I honestly can’t remember any of Lauren Alaina performances… I know this is old, but, it’s just one of those things that makes me hate this show).

And I tottaly do not dig that Phillip Phillips and Jessica finale last year, it should have been Joshua, since Jessica seams not to captivate the public the same way Joshua did.

As long as this year goes, I don’t get this “she has the whole package” that they are trying to force us to believe Amber has (I love her voice and I was really rooting for her at the begining, but it turned out she’s not inventive and lacks charisma). Angie to me is a great singer but there’s something about her that annoys me deeply. I think she’s trying too hard or something. Kree has a beautiful voice and I definitely thinks she’s gonna put out an amazing album, but I don’t think this Idol format has been able to showcase her habilities – she just seems repeting herself week after week at this point now. Candice, on the other hand, is just what the American Idol needs, she’s got the voice, the confidence, the creativity, the charisma, the stage presence and between the four of them, to me, it’s the only one I can picture winning grammys and becoming and international star! I think she’s the only one who can bring relevance back to this show.

• ChicagoGrrl says:

THIS!!!!

• Delon says:

Relevance has left this show a long long time ago and it’s not coming back ever again.

• joey says:

You are so correct!

• CAM says:

So glad to know someone else feels that way about Angie. I know she’s talented, but there’s something about her performances that I don’t like. I am still hoping for Kree/Candace finale, with Candace for the win.

• Nephtalia says:

Marcia, I get you like Candice. The problem with Idol community in order to value your favorite, you have to denigrate the other contestants. I am not saying I don’t do the same thing. But, it is sad. I am still happy that the only thing you find wrong with Angie is that she annoys you….lol. Also, this blog has a love for Haley that is just crazy to me. The girl actually went way further than a lot of front-runner like Casey, Pia and Jacob. I was a big Pia fan that year and was so pissed the way she was laughing when Pia was eliminated, I voted Lauren in top 3. At the time, I really believe TPTB wanted her around like the way they want Amber right now. Lauren was a front-runner since auditions just like Angie is right now.

• HitTheGroundRunning says:

Not that tired bit again. She was not gleefully laughing at Pia! A few people totally, utterly misread that whole scene and taking with what the show ws trying to do and all the jealous haters it took on a life of it’s own. Every time that gets put to rest someone brings that up again. Or all the other made up BS about her personality that the show tried drum up.

• G-Mom says:

I agree that Candice should be the winner, but I don’t about Kree. It must just be me, but I don’t really care that much for her singing. I have thought that Amber was way under-rated from the beginning. She has a beautiful tone to her voice. Angie is good, but … I don’t know. All four are good, don’t get me wrong, but Candice and Amber, IMO, are the best.

• Nephtalia says:

@Hitthegroundrunning I know she was not laughing, probably was just sarcastic. The point I was trying to make is, for someone that has been in the bottom 3 since top 12, a third place finish is a great achievement. Only this blog keep on repeating how the power to be wanted her out. But, she should have been out before Pia, Jacob, Casey and Stefano. I still remember how Jimmy helped her top 10 week with that motown performance and that’s when her momentum shift. Lauren had tears in her eyes when Pia was out, so of course she receive all Pia fans votes. So, I disagree it was TPTB fault that Haley did not look as saddened.

• HitTheGroundRunning says:

wow out before half of the top set??? She shoulda won it all, clearly. She had everyone from Kelly to Lambert rooting for her and even the ‘tough’ Idol vocal coach standing up for her, even Steven got all P.O. about it on a TV show the day after Randy utterly bused her. Even some of her fellow contestants such as Casey and Lauren started griping, even to the press about the weird judging and production being given to Haley.
            her reaction was to something else and put in the wrong context in that one quick view.
            and just note how quite a few contestants come off 100% differently in the Idol interviews on this site than on the show

• Nephtalia says:

@HitTheGroundRunning If TPTB did not want her, she would not have even made top 24. Remember how she had a subpar performance in Hollywood and JLo literally fought for her to stay. Was she better than Lauren and Scotty? Yes! But everyone was better vocally than Lauren and Scotty. Vocally and artistically to me, she was lesser than Jacob, Casey, Pia and James up until that ‘You’ve really got a hold on me’ performance with those short black pants. (I remember exercising to the ‘Hold me’ ‘Hold me’ part lol. ) Then, ‘House of the Rising Sun’ happen. Ok, I have to admit I hated the girl, voted for Lauren, but had ‘Blue’ on repeat. And she was very nice at the Idol tour and went out of her way to sign my book even when I had a ‘Pia’ shirt on. But, I still consider her lucky to have made top 3 over James, and front-runner like Casey and Pia.

• HitTheGroundRunning says:

Believe me they did not want her when they realized she could be a threat to knock out Lauren. They didn’t even bother preparing a clip for her for a late round week when they had already shot stuff for another contestant who didn’t make it to that week and they had stuff ready for everyone who made it and some who didn’t but nada for her!
            For the video phone home they let everyone talk for ages and pulled the plug on her call after like three seconds!
            When the say she might be ready to fight back and stand up for herself, they egged her and egged her and then Randy pulled that stunt about how everyone should stay but Haley should go home when that wasn’t even where the question was aiming and kept egging her and saying ridiculous stuff until she turns around (to hide crying) and they then finally get the reaction where she talks back a bit so they could both sink her and get ratings for drama. Again even Steven Tyler publicly called out Randy and the show for that and totally blasted them during a couple interviews the next night. He seemed genuinely disgusted.
            Someone would sing with literally half the notes out of tune and get wow, wow that ws so emotional beautiful, amazing, amazing, in it to win it and then she’d sing next and miss one note and they’d be man I don’t know that one note that flat I don’t know Ryan, I don’t know. They would literally refuse to give ANY critique to anyone other than her most weeks, so even if what they said wasn’t 100% off-base, it would stick out like a sore thumb with all the phony 100% perfects being given to everyone else.
            Or they’d many times, Randy often and JLo too, say one thing about something to one contestant and then Haley would go next and they’d say something 100% contradictory to what they’d just told the contestant before (or after). I mean they’d 100% contradict themselves and it would often be just one singer before or after even.
            Yeah JLo stood up for at the start and them BOOM 180 and pure BS and hate for the entire critical last stretch of the show.
            Also note the weird comment you could hear caught on her mic during Hollywood week which oddly hinted that Haley would not be happy and smiling for long.
            And the weird thing the mic picked up when something like “wait I have to say that, I don’t want to say that, why do I have to be the one” and some other weird stuff later in the season.
            She’d have the performance of the night for weeks in a row but then say that she was too inconsistent to deserve to still be there (if a second performance of the night was merely middle of the pack or upper tier but not quite equal her best of the night), WTH! They re-shot her hometown visit song selection reveal (she actually received it surrounded by tons of smiling fans that she was slapping hands with and thanking again and again for having come out for her even in bad weather, but maybe that made her seem too popular, nice and human and then had her re-do it, alone, in a big limo, maybe they thought that made her look better, but since viewers tend to connect more to the other scenario (which they did use for Scotty and Lauren) so you realllly gotta wonder).
            Again even one of Idol’s OWN vocal coaches finally had enough and started telling the press it was total BS what was being done.
            Anyway I’ve said too much haha. Moby Dick wasn’t this many pages.

• Nephtalia says:

Judges do matter. How come Lazaro is not here after a top 3 finish the week before?

• I'm Batman! says:

Janelle asked her supporters, last week, to support Angie for the remainder of the show. There’s no way Angie could possibly go home next week. Her lead over the other three in terms of the votes this week has to be incredibly large, possibly 2x what Kree has.

• Bob says:

I don’t know but you know they could had used the save on Janell last week if they said have untill the top 5

• tonya says:

YOU are crazy amber has talent baby. If you don’t know on your own who is the best one and theres people like you watch the show then idol if mess up.Candice clearly should win this one.

• IMHO says:

Candice being bottom 2 will trigger her fans into overdrive. Surely a top 2 finish is now assured. Kree should be concerned for next week.

• HitTheGroundRunning says:

Angie and Kree voters could become complacent while Amber and Candice voters go crazy.

• tonya says:

YOU ARE RACIST YOU DONT VOTE FOR THE BEST YOU VOTE FOR YOUR COLOR AND YOU ARE SAD!!!!!!

• HitTheGroundRunning says:

Is that a sarcastic joke on the whole thing or are you being serious?????

• HitTheGroundRunning says:

I rooted for Jordin and Fantasia to win BTW.
            Black contestants have won 3 out of 11 times while making up about 1.5 in 10 of the general population, nothing remotely out of the order there (although with a small sample size, self-selection for auditioning, and so many other factors it is hard to read things into the numbers, the show has also seemed to change since then, a surprising # of males of a certain appeal in a row, especially considering the competition in some cases, so it’s hard to make sense of it all, but whatever the case 3 out of 11 doesn’t hint at anything odd to this point at least).
            Moreover what the heck did my comment even remotely have to do with race? The contestant in the bottom two often have their fanbase get scared and get some extra vote on and sometimes the one at the top gets a complacent fan base. Look at how Jessica suddenly fell to 7th (i think) one week and then made it all the way to #2. It perhaps happened to Pia. It’s happened for all races and both sexes on all shows where sometimes votes get extra energized by a placement one week or become complacent one week.

• chris says:

and you are stupid!!! HitTheGroundRunning said nothing remotely racist

• HitTheGroundRunning says:

OTOH I bet Amber was fourth so all the everything that went down did nothing other than swap Kree and Candice.

• Lee says:

That’s what I think. Amber probably was going to get eliminated and because the Power That Be didn’t want it to happen–they decided to have a non-elimination week. Because why didn’t they have it last week? And don’t tell me it was because the judges still had a save. I’ve never known AI to still have a save for Top 5.

• Tess says:

We will know for sure whether they truly prefer Candice or Kree to make the final 3 based on which of the two get the pimp spot next week (since by all accounts it should be one of them since Angie got it this week and Amber got it the week before). Whichever does not get the pimp spot is the one they want to have leave so they can save their darling Amber. (Side note: If Janelle and Kree had been splitting the country vote prior to Janelle’s ouster, then surely Candice and Amber are splitting the r & B vote, so wouldn’t it make more sense for the show to want to get one of them out to help the other?). I don’t think Angie needs any help though; she seems to be the one with the best chance to win at this point since she’s never been in the bottom 2 and has a lot of support on many of the Idol related blogs.

• I'm Batman! says:

You really don’t think Kree’s fans will be doing the exact same thing as Candice’s? LMBO to your comment IMHO.

Candice and Amber are faced with either barely being able to knock Kree out of second. They need to focus on taking the other one out much more than knocking Kree down. Angie’s so far ahead that she’s untouchable.

• IMHO says:

Not in the same way, no. Kree could be viewed as ‘safe’ and Candice as ‘in trouble’. We’ve seen that sort of result multiple times before. Never mind, I have no interest in any of them so people can vote for whoever they want without it bothering me in the slightest!

• Meme says:

I think it will be an Angie/Candice finale … but it should be a Candice/Amber finale … by far Candice and Amber have the better voices of the 4.

• RedInDenver says:

You forgot to add “IN MY OPINION”. Many people think Angie and Kree are the best; and acknowledge that they’re all extremely talented..

• sg54 says:

I wouldn’t be surprised at all. Btw, I tried to explain to my mother why Jimmie Iovine is there. It didn’t work out well.

• Teeny Bikini says:

I think the audience/viewers are onto to Amber. She’s not going to get any better next week because she never gets any “real” criticism. Candice, on the other hand, has proven that she knows how to fight back when things are down. I am glad she got the wake up call she needed – because yesterday’s ridiculata CANNOT HAPPEN AGAIN. She has to sing the roof off of the place – point blank period.

• Lea H. says:

I think her performance was hindered Wednesday because she is sick. Even her vocals tonight in the group song was restrained. Hopefully, she will be 100% next week and blow the roof off the place.

• The Beach says:

Yepper…I want Candice to roll out another “I Who Have Nothing” or “Love Song” and remind the judges and the viewers just how superior she really is.

• AlyB says:

Yes Candice has to come through with another mega performance. I didn’t think her song selection was on point this week but she certainly didn’t deserve what she got from the judges. Especially given that Amber sang MacArthur friggin Park and they treated her like the second coming. I have no doubt that Candice is up to the task though. I hope she’s able to get some vocal rest and gets better from her cold.

• TalkSensibly says:

Why worry? Lots of runner ups made it great.

• I'm Batman! says:

After Clay and McPhee, who?

Don’t say Lambert because he’s yesterday’s news.

• HitTheGroundRunning says:

Hudson and Daughtry for two. Hopefully Haley.

• The Beach says:

Plus Casey James and Colton Dixon in their respective markets.

• JP says:

How can you forget about the only Idol to win an Oscar?! This show is washed up anyways and the only really successful people to come out of it are Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, and Jennifer Hudson. Yes a few others are moderately big like Jordin Sparks, Daughtry, and Philip Phillips (for now) but the majority fade out after 1-2 years. I wouldn’t even call Kat McPhee great due to the fact that shes on a failing show that just got canned.I stopped watching after season 9 because thats when the talent just stopped being extraordinary and started being ordinary. The winners just aren’t on the same calibur as Kelly and Carrie anymore. Even Fantasia was good (for a while) but season 5 was when the talent started slipping. I can barely even remember who won that year (it was Taylor Hicks). Jordin Sparks was great but then the past 5 years have been ruled by white males with guitars. It’s like American Idol turned in to America’s 1 hit wonders.

• HitTheGroundRunning says:

You wouldn’t say that if you had watched past S9. S10 had one of the best talents the show has ever had! And S11 had three who were pretty decently up there Elise did some wild things, Joshua had lots of connection although he is not really my style but he did bring it and Jessica did crazy things with her voice (although she was a bit disconnected emotionally at times it seemed, but Carrie Underwood, who you praise, was even moreso during her Idol run so I don’t know that her Idol run even quite matched).

• Delon says:

@I’m Batman: Lambert has a big dick. You don’t.

• Meme says:

Batman doesn’t like Lambert, huh? He is not yesterday’s news … take a look around even the international music scene!

• Brendan says:

The put her first this week on purpose because it did not matter and they would be able to put her in the pimp spot next week when it really matters. Amber’s vote count goes up every single time they announce her in the bottom two… so she will get a surge next week. I just hope that Candice gets more so that over-hyped Amber can take her flat high notes and ‘torn jean semi-hooker’ look and leave the building.

• tonya says:

really people like you is why the judges give her praises. Have you been reading people dog this girl she is human like everybody else.If they praise cree or angie no one would dog them because their white.

• HitTheGroundRunning says:

Nonsense plenty of people have complained about white contestants being pumped up too.
          I don’t have anything against Amber. I thought she was rather under-rated here at the start, although she didn’t turn into quite what I’d hope by this point, but she has done some really good stuff.

• twnkltoze says:

I don’t remember them ever giving anybody the pimp spot twice but I could be wrong. I think they’re on some sort of rotation. Seeing Candice surprised by Drake was priceless. He was clearly there for her and will no doubt pimp her on over to his record label when this nonsense is over. Though it broke my heart to see her crying after learning there would be no elimination. As if she realized she may only have one more week left, if you do the math. I still stand by my prediction that she will be the next J-Hud. Eliminated too soon from AI but rising to lofty heights of stardom far beyond those of her contenders or her naysayer’s imaginings.

• Jim Dorsey says:

Candice and Amber in the bottom two is categorically idiotic and demonstrates the flaw in the AI system. Voters are lazy and stupid. You can figure out which are which.
      it’s striking how many risks you take on your quips and observations and am still trying to figure out how you get it right near 100% of the time. Jimmy and Randy s/b in charge w/the consequence that each must produce an album with the finalists. Ménage is a goofy hoot. Keith and Carey are the new Paula. If Jimmy and Ménage had a baby it w/b a howl named Cowell. The show has descended into irrelevant vapidity where true future stars don’t actually win.

2. Libby says:

I swear. Every Ryan seems bored.

• Wendy says:

Because it’s a boring season. Not even the TPTB’s blatant manipulation can make me care like it used to. Every season has its issues, but at least in previous seasons, there was at least one contestant I cared about at some point in the competition.

• karenb says:

Exactly. Takes all the fun out of the season. Boo!

• Ben says:

The biggest mistake they made this season was shaking up the whole way the pre top-10 worked. Regardless of whether this was a ‘judges save’ or not, it’s clear they always intended to have a non-elimination week followed by only one person being eliminated. They should go back to a top 12, where a save results in two going the following week, and scrub the mess that was the top 40 shows.

• Jake says:

can someone explain to me what TPTB means? I’ve seen it all over the place, but I don’t get the acronym.

• LeahKittyS says:

“TPTB” stand for “The Powers That Be.” It refers to the producers and whoever else is calling the shots behind the scenes.

• HitTheGroundRunning says:

It actually goes way back pre-Idol. I believe that the Buffy The Vampire Slayer TV show first coined it (or more likely didn’t, but was at least what really brought the saying into the popular lexicon).

• LeahKittyS says:

I know it’s older than that, but that’s what it means in this context.

• Nephtalia says:

Lol, Jake. It took me a long time to figure it out. Almost two seasons! For a while, i thought TPTB was an Idol producer. I was to coward to ask, then.

• Marilyn says:

I agree. He often looks like, “Why do I have to talk to these idiots?” meaning Randy.

• The Beach says:

Ryan has seemed a bit sudued/bored ever since Simon left. Lord knows Randy certainly doesn’t have the “witty banter” gene.

3. Dan (Haleyloonie) says:

Every result show, I hate Jimmy Iovine even more.
    PS. Jimmy’s definition of style=50-year-old dressed like Justin Bieber
    PSS. Hashtag-pow is not going to happen.

• I'm Batman! says:

You may not like Iovine but you’d best respect his abilities and industry talents. The man is a music industry genius and one of the wealthiest individuals in the music business.

• Jen says:

You cannot find ONE photo of Jimmy anywhere on line without a hat. My husband and I looked for like 45 minutes lol

• MusicalSoul says:

Jimmy is making himself irrelevant due to the lack of consistency in his feedback. It’s exhausting.
      On a separate note, if the producers are panicking about their ratings, why would they ever schedule performances by Stefano Langone and Lee DeWyze on the same night?! I seriously thought it was a joke until they started rolling their respective “catch up” reels. If this results show isn’t the lowest rated broadcast in Idol history, I would be incredibly shocked.

4. Garret says:

An hour of my life I’ll never get back. And here I was, little ole me, hoping Amber would be sent home just so the judges can snap out of their hypnosis. Ahh, there’s always next week daaahhhllling.

• Teeny Bikini says:

Yup. I thought the same thing.

• Jake says:

In that case I’m glad I didn’t bother watching it…I’ve come to the conclusion that for the next few weeks I’m just gonna come here at 10 pm on Thursdays to get the results. I usually skip to them anyway when I watch it.

• tonya says:

Really your hoping for amber to be sent home.Its really sad that you want that because of the judges and not because you want the other three to be in the final three.But what you don’t realize is that if she gose home or not they still like her and she still will get a recording contract so its not like she will not be fine.They will still like her regardless that’s not going to change any thing and she will be successful.What some of you don’t realize is that most of the time people who don’t win are the ones that win in the end.like jeniffer Hudson like that season with taylor hicks.CHris daultry won in the end.So that still will not change any thing.

5. Krista says:

‘Fano!!

6. Ben says:

I’m not surprised at the bottom 2 – ever since season 3’s top 4 bottom 2 of Latoya and Fantasia the demo split pretty much demanded it.

Candice had better not go next week, and in the mean time I’d prefer to see Amber also manage to prevail and see Angie go home. Perhaps a non-elimination right here might be the catalyst required for that. But I doubt it.

• Ademm says:

Why in the world would you care? They’re all bad.

• I'm Batman! says:

Angie’s so far ahead in votes going into next week that TPTB, in the interest of complete fairness to the other three, should give her the night off with a “Golden Ticket” to the top three so her fans can vote for the best of the other three….who might as well be considered as being in a three-way tie for fourth place.

• Mary says:

I don’t think she is that far ahead. I believe it is a close top four, judging how they have change position each week.

7. Mika02 says:

This is such BS Candice did not deserve to be in the bottom with Amber Amber of all people so stupid. I gave idol like two weeks of my life I want them back I’m done. I will now go back to reading your recap only!

• Teeny Bikini says:

Yeah, being in the bottom *with* Amber was the biggest insult of all. That is what irked me the most.

• TalkSensibly says:

• TalkSensibly says:

You can’t prevent it. There are only four left. And both Candice and Amber have the same crowd RnB. And i don’t get it America. Too many times the winner diesn’t make it in the charts. Why? It doesn’t make sense. If most people voted for that winner, why are the people show more support on runner ups? Paradox of contests huh!!

• TalkSensibly says:

Sorry , it’s “why do”

• Mary says:

Everyone has different taste on who they like. It comes down to who has more fans that are willing to take the time to vote, Period. You can tell the votes are not there due to very rarely do they mention how many were cast. Last night Ryan said 38 million. That is low for this time of the competition. Put into account that you can cast 50 online right away show how little people care who wins this season. I would almost bet at least half if not more of people who comment on this board has not voted.

• syb says:

I find it hard to believe that Candice and Amber appeal to a lot of the same people myself. They sound different, they style their songs different, their taste in music seems very different, they present a different image. I know for me, I love what Candice does with a song, and I mostly don’t care for Amber’s stylizing. I’d much prefer Kree to either Angie or Amber in the finale with Candice. I don’t think people are voting genre so much this season. It seems more about voice and image.

8. Kaba says:

Oh what a surprise :/
    Like we didn’t see this coming. That just shows you how much they didn’t like Janelle

• LeahKittyS says:

And you know what, that’s a shame. Really, the producers’ treatment of certain contestants has been making me sick this season. It might have been foolish of me to assume that once all the men were out of the way, they would let the chips fall as they may and give the five women an equal opportunity. Nope: first they singled Janelle out as the weak link, and this Candice and Kree were being tied to the railroad tracks. It’s not enough anymore to just have a girl winner; now they’ll do what they can to get the EXACT girl they want. When are they going to learn that the more they manipulate, the more viewers are turned away?
      *bangs head on desk repeatedly*

• Dan (Haleyloonie) says:

Doesn’t Nigel read about American Idol in the internet (or at least forces his enslaved minions to do it)? Doesn’t he know that fans want less manipulation, more creativity, more current songs, and less Randy? Doesn’t he know America is not stupid? Even I could be a better producer.

• The Beach says:

After watching his pompous attitude for several seasons on SYTYCD, I think Nigel considers himself an amazing producer.

• tonya says:

Excuse me I speak for a lot of people am sure.I am not manipulated by any one and am sure others are not to.So this about the judges manipulating people is not true am a smart youg lady that has a mind of my owm and I like amber. I am a fan of hers so stop making it seem like as if shes only getting the votes because the judges like her.I don’t let any one manipulate me and am sure people feel the same way I do.

• Teeny Bikini says:

“When are they going to learn that the more they manipulate, the more viewers are turned away?” EXACTLY. I might tune for the finale – provided Candice is in it – but after that, I am done.

• Dahlenk says:

You Got that Right! Remember all the grief they gave Hailey!!! Especially J-hoe, and even Randy!
          In my estimation, Kree and Candice are the most talented and versitile vocally. Both Angie & Amber sound the same….and sometimes hurt my ears…ie. MacArthur Park, and anything sung by Angie (with or without piano). If you listen to pop radio, half the time the female singers sound the same except for Adele, Rhinna, Fergie, Pink, and Taylor etc. I’d be happy with Kree or Candice as the new Idol.

• Candice. Or Kree. Candice. Or Kree. Candace is my favorite. Or Kree.
            If I keep saying this, one of them will win (as they are such soulful voices, right?).
            *sighs* I didn’t really think that it would work, either. :(

• sherab says:

right on!

• ejones says:

It doesn’t seem fair on the viewers to announce the non-elimination week after the voting has closed, and unfair on the 4 singers to give a part vote placement. Doesn’t matter what the judges or the producers say, like Scotty and PP2, Angie won the competition during the audition process. She can have a couple of poor weeks and she will still win.

• Nephtalia says:

Agree Ejones!! I can say 70% of Idol voters are very loyal. Once they pick someone at audition unless that person really sucks like Lazaro they will stick by them. I personally am very happy she is such a front runner. It allows her to experiment and take risks early on which gave her room to grow.

• MC says:

It’s good to read a perceptive post on here tonight (the constant whining gets a little old). Spot on, ejones!

• dani n. says:

I could almost agree with you about Angie at auditions. Though I won’t buy her music…she has riveting energy..something none if the others have. She jumped out during auditions and so did Amber. Amber stole my heart with My Funny Valentine and I havebeen loyal to her voting wise.AND I’ve been waiting for her to please break my heart so good again. Now Candice, I’d probably buy her music. She does have it going on because she is intimate with her music and by that I mean she has a good grasp of how to play with it through her voice. And Kree has the ever loving tone in that throat of hers. PLUS I’ve loved just about every song she’s chosen and would buy her music.

• Name That Tune says:

Didn’t we all know 2 weeks ago this twist was coming? I hope Ryan had his tongue firmly planted in his cheek.

• Sandy says:

I don’t know. A lot of Idol watchers don’t read the blogs or analyze every detail of the show the way we do. I know other Idol watchers who didn’t realize there was an extra week scheduled until I told them. So, for many, the “twist” was probably truly a surprise.

9. BummedOut says:

100 miles away. Would it have been better not to reveal top and bottom 2? Wonder what impact that info has on next week’s voting? It’s almost a save of sorts.

10. John says:

Amber’s in trouble next week. I was afraid Kree and Candice would be in the bottom two, but at least the viewers heard the Amber I heard instead of the Amber the judges heard.

11. Kristi says:

Least suspenseful results show ever. Like we didn’t know what the “twist” was going to be.

• Teeny Bikini says:

Indeed. Once I saw Amber and Candice together – I knew. Such a silly show.

• Nephtalia says:

By the way, don’t forget that not everyone in America reads this blogs. I did not know about the extra week before someone mentioned it here. So in a way, most Idolooners are like insiders so that’s why it was not suspenseful.

12. HitTheGroundRunning says:

I really didn’t care for Jimmy’s comments about Whiter Shade of Pale and Kree. The only thing corny there was his bit. WTH.
    I did agree with his Candice doing a better job than Amber in the second round bit though, although they sorta turned that more into a Nicki/Jimmy dating game thing than about Candice.

• Keith says:

I thought Jimmy knew more about Procol Harum.For one,they aren’t a one hit wonder and they were a pretty successful rock band that still tours today.

• karen says:

he also showed some ignorance about the Susan Tedeschi song. Such an insult to a great artist.

• ejones says:

Actually, there was no such group, a bunch of session musicians created the record and when the producers realised they had a big hit, they had to create a group overnight. Presumably a bunch of people have copyright on the name but its very unlikely that they were the ones who played on the record.

13. Rivky says:

bs’d

• waterbug says:

Yikes…trashing Amber is getting redundant and mean-spirited. They are all talented.

• JJ says:

Yeah…people suddenly hate Amber…

I mean, I think the judges overpraised her last night (although I thought they were spot on in regards to Kree), but she’s still very talented and I’m glad ALL FOUR are given a second chance. I think they would have done this no matter who was in the bottom.

• WL says:

I have been an Amber supporter all along but I do recognize her weaknesses – which she won’t be improving since the judges don’t tell her the right things. I find it amusing that people are so against her when she and Kree have very similar problems in not connecting. Even the judges are telling Kree now, but they don’t tell Amber – just that she makes wrong song choices. I still think amber, with the right coach, has more potential than Kree and Angie. Candice is the best singer though, so I switch to voting for her next week. But, just like the year Scotty and Lauren were in the final, I have no interest in the finale if it is Angie and Kree.

• Sandy says:

JJ, it bothers me too that some people blame Amber for the decisions of the judges and TPTB. I have a friend who has started to dislike Amber because of the way the judges overpraise her. I personally can easily separate the contestant from the machine. Amber’s still my least favorite of the four but I think she’s talented, as far as I can tell, likeable. As I do with almost all Idol alum, I want to see her succeed. I also agree it would have been a no-elimination week regardless of who was in the bottom 2.

14. MB says:

It was so good to have a WGWG back on the stage. I think Lee did a great job, I really liked his new single.
    I was shocked Candice was in the bottom 2. I am hoping for a Candice/Angie finale.
    I do think if there was someone going home it would have been Amber.

• Scott says:

I wasn’t shocked Candice was bottom 2. She had a off night with her cold last night.

• kahuna says:

I agree Scott. Candice’s voice was definately not in top form. She was hoarse from the onset. And for the first time, she strained and cracked while attempting her top range.

• MC says:

Casey James, Scotty, Phillip Phillips and Clay Aiken have also been on stage this season. Kelly, Carrie and Kat McPhee have also performed, among others. I know many out there can’t stand this top four or are appalled by the “manipulation,” but there have been some nice distractions along the way.

• candicegloverfan says:

here’s my theory – i think many voters responded to the busing of kree and candice by splitting votes between them, and kree picked up some of janelle’s votes, so she best candice for second place. i love kree – but i love candice even more, so i gave all of my votes to candice last night. i would be happy with either a candice-kree or candice-angie finale (i liked angie’s performances for the first time last night).

• MC says:

I forgot to mention Casey Abrams. Harder To Breathe (and the kiss of JLo) is still one of my top 10 fave AI moments from all seasons.

15. Ev says:

Get ready for the biggest week of Amber pimping you’ve seen. The other 3 are all going to be dragged down by the judges to make Amber look good.

• jeffmartinfan93 says:

hey Ev, i think the letters I and L should be added to the end of your name..f@*king f…er

• CRC says:

My thoughts exactly. Uncle Nigel bought himself another week to make the Amber narrative “happen”.

• jeffmartinfan93 says:

Yeah right like the producers can see the future and decided to make an extra week of idol just so they could save amber
        and another thing, i’m sick of all the hate against amber in particular. its not amber’s fault she’s being pimped. if you have a problem with that, blame the judges and/or the producers, not Amber!

• I'm Batman! says:

It’s Amber’s fault that she’s not mature and talented enough to handle the position she’s in. She’d be a disaster as a winner and her CD would be in the bargain bin before Christmas.

• jeffmartinfan93 says:

I agree that amber’s performances were weak, but it’s not her fault she’s getting effusive praise from the judges!Sometimes, contestants have little choice in the songs they pick, and they end up having to sing a corny song. If Jimmy knew beforehand McArthur Park was a corny song, why didn’t he make Amber change her song?! I don’t think the show is skewed in Amber’s favor at all.

• tonya says:

baby noti in a million years that’s right down her because of your insure thoughts sad sad sad bully!!!!

• Chrisk says:

I do blame the producers – and no, they didn’t alter the schedule to save Amber, they waited until she needed saving, and then miraculously chose that week to have results not matter…

In a “reality show” in which audience votes matter, it’s ridiculous not to have this stuff decided ahead of time, as it allows, at the very least, the perception of producer interference – which I think in this case is certainly more than perception.

• Name That Tune says:

But the more they push the bigger the backlash. The judges actually hurt her chances last night.

• mikey says:

And conversely, Trashy Minaj YELLING at Kree gave people the incentive to vote for her. I’ll never understand the judges on this show

• Mary says:

It is not just the judges it is people on these boards and who writes the blogs. Everyone is entitle to their opinion, but everything turns into a conspiracy if their special snowflake is critized. If you don’t agree with the judges fine, vote for who you want. I am sure Jimmy has it in his mind who he can market well. I actually believe he might even sway the producers toward it, but lets be real
          they have no control on who the public votes for. Trashing the judges and the producers will not change how bad this season is. I believe it will be a hollow victory for whomever wins.

• Nephtalia says:

I don’t think Minaj yelled at Kree. She even said to Keith, ‘Be careful how you talk to my wife’. Nikki loves Kree.

• Noah Coleman says:

The way they praised Amber on Wednesday on MacArthur Park was just disgusting! And when they judged Candice, for 80% of it, they were STILL talking about Amber!! Don’t get me wrong; I like Amber and think she is a very talented young lady, but she was not as good as they said she was.

16. CJS says:

And nobody was surprised because everyone knew this was coming from 1,000,000 miles away. SMH at TPTB
    So who bet’s that they only did this because Amber was bottom (even if they didn’t say so, I think she was)? I say this because if Candice was bottom, I personally think she would’ve been a goner.

17. Jessabean says:

I hope Amber was the lowest-vote-getter, only for Candace’s sake. Amber is pretty good, but she’s no Candace. Jezuz! If all of Michael’s conspiracy theories are true, Amber was at the bottom and they are just so desperate to have a “current” (i.e., skinny) singer win that they turned everything upside down to keep her.

18. _JC says:

Well, that was utterly predictable.
    One thing I don’t get: Seacrest said that they build an extra week into the sched to accomodate the save, but don’t they usually do a double elimination after a save? Why would they need an extra week?

• Timmah says:

They don’t. That’s how they used to do it–if the save was used, they did a double elimination the next week. Everything is on schedule that way whether it’s used or not. Nigel screwed up but will never admit to it.

• mikey says:

Most of the seasons start with 12 or 13 finalists. This year they stuck to 10 and created the gap.

19. Mafs95 says:

I’m 99% sure that Amber was the one who received the least amount of votes: she was the first one to perform, has been in the Bottom 2 or 3 a couple of times, didn’t perform very well last night and was super pimped by the judges. That’s almost like an instant formula and recipe that results into elimination when we are down to only 4 contestants.

• Nephtalia says:

And she alienates herself by fighting with 2 ex-Idol on Twitter.

• LOLOL says:

Who did she fight with

• Mafs95 says:

I knew she had one with Skylar Laine but who’s the second one?

• WL says:

What’s the fight with Skylar?

• Mafs95 says:

It was not a “fight” (that’s being overdramatic) but there was definitely some tension and they were not properly being friends. You can see here how it kinda started:

Amber then replied “1 month” as saying that Skylar’s response was quite late because it was one month after Amber made that comment about Hollie. You can go to Amber’s twitter if you want to read it by yourself lol

• Mary says:

OMG we are not in high school. She is entitled to her opinion and if anything I think it made Sylar look like a fool.

20. Timmah says:

Only Nigel would try to pass off his own screw-up as a “twist”.

21. kahuna says:

I have been voting for Candice but wasn’t surprised she was in the B2. Because of her vocal affliction the night before she wasn’t her usual awesome self. So, Candice supporters our work is cut out for us next week. On the other hand, I was happy to see Amber in the B2, not only because she deserves to be there but because of the obvious pimping by the judges. Hopefully, this will bring her back to earth.

22. Chris says:

“I’ll tell you where I can see Candice in the real world today Nikki – Can anyone not see Drake doing a remix with Candice’s remix? Yeah. CURRENT PEOPLE. ” <— My rant from last night.
    ___

Low and behold who appears tonight but Drake himself, and what did he say "I almost wish you were there in the studio creating it with me. I feel like we could have brought it to life together"… (amongst other wonderful things).
    ____

Yep GET it CANDICE.

23. HitTheGroundRunning says:

I was a bit surprised how the top two and bottom two ended up. I wonder if this will put a scare in Amber and especially Candice fans. Might bump Kree down (or maybe Angie) but probably only to third unless Amber fans come out of the woodwork?

24. American Idolit says:

Did anyone else think Lee DeWyze’s song sounded like a derivative of the Lumineers or even of Phillip Phillips’ “Home?”

• LeahKittyS says:

To me it sounded like he was singing the melody hook of “Home” while Mumford and Sons’ “I Will Wait” was playing the background. (But I still liked it. He and Crystal were both sadly mismanaged and under-promoted with their debuts.)

• Guitar Blue says:

Yes, the whole dynamics of Lee’s song was very Lumineers type of song styling. Can’t blame him for stealing, as the Labels and studios do this all the time with something that becomes popular.

I wasn’t crazy about the song though, nothing that I would buy and put on the rotation.

• marie says:

Exactly like it! I was about to pay just that. The chorus of DeWyze’s song was identical to the wordless refrain of Phillip’s hit. Total rip-off.

• Suziq says:

“Roots” or “Americana” music is popular now… Lumineers, Avett Bros, Mumford and Sons, PP’s “Home,” even that “Why are you So Mean” Taylor Swift song. It’s a genre. Lee writes his own music, and I know his song “Fight” was before PP’s “Home” Idol finale and also has the roots-y thing going. Many of the other songs on Lee’s upcoming album do not share this exact vibe…they are really very good. I saw him in concert in Chicago last week…and he has grown as a performer and he is a darn good songwriter Ronan Keating recorded his song “Lullaby” last year. Granted, I’m a fan, but Lee did a great job. He did a great rendition of this song with just guitar and percussion last week, and it was every bit as good or better than tonight’s. I think they almost drowned out his voice a little tonight…but it was cool.

• Amy says:

Yes! ..at least the two chords I heard after taking him off mute. (not meant as a dis, I just happened to be doing something else and had it on mute from the commercials.) …well, that goes to show how “on the edge of my seat” Idol has me this year, I guess..

• Noah Coleman says:

Lee who?

25. dj says:

I was getting ready to bitslap some judges upside the head if they sent Candice home. They had better watch it next week. I’m going to build a butt-kicking machine and have it ready to go.

26. dj says:

I thought Lee’s song was boring.

27. marie says:

Interesting. The voters BOUGHT the Candice bashing, but DIDN’T buy the Amber pimping.

28. HitTheGroundRunning says:

Still hoping to see them bring back Haley, but I’m doubting it. Apparently she was already on the premises once. I’m thinking it is because she doesn’t have new material ready and they are totally cowardly and afraid to let her sing any of her own songs from her album since if it goes over well they will look like tools for having dropping the album? Wish they’d man up.
    Might make up for what they pulled her season if they let her do a couple songs (and let her do them as they should be done not some messed up Idol version) and give em proper praise.

• HitTheGroundRunning says:

Although I can always dream that they are just saving her for a major pimping top three or even more finale week. :)

• Dan (Haleyloonie) says:

Were can I sign the petition to have Haley come back?

• Jude says:

Fun fact… Haley is actually in Jakarta, Indonesia right now and she is going to appear on their version of the X-Factor Friday night. hahah. She’s been overseas for a couple weeks now and I don’t know when she’ll be back in the US. But as has been said, she has no new material to promote so I don’t think we’ll be seeing her on Idol this year, unfortunately.

• Haley Rocks! says:

Yes, she’s been promoting American Idol season 12 over in Asia so if she’s back in time I think they should absolutely let her sing on the show. She could sing something of her album, Listen Up, or she could do a cover like Casey Abrams did. I know it’s probably not gonna happen but I can still dream. ;)

• jj says:

She’s going to be on X-Factor? I know she’s performing at a mall tomorrow, so I’m going to go along and see her…Yay!

• My Alter Ego says:

Actually, she’s been writing and recording, but without a label, her new stuff isn’t released.

29. Bavis says:

“Ryan, who’s hummed along this season as quietly and efficiently — and with as little fanfare — as a high-end refrigerator”
    How quickly we’ve all forgotten the running backstage & faux pep-talk episode.

30. Guitar Blue says:

IMO the 4 girls can only do what they do at this point, there are no more “gears” they can shift into, or aces to pull-out. They can only hope to find songs that fit their style and range best, and let the chips fall where they may…………

They are fine with letting Angie stay on piano, but they have often pushed previous contestants to lose their guitars and just sing (Casey James for instance) part of the time…..

Myself, I could care less about the “marketability” of the potential winner. Jimmy Iovine has a net worth of well over 100 million dollars and his label will sign the winner. It’s not going to hurt him any as to whether they are a flop after the contract or not………..

If they are a success, he simply adds to a huge net worth for his label and the E19 management group that handles them..

• Nephtalia says:

It does not affect Jimmy, but it affects the American Idol brand. So their marketability is really important to legitimize the show.

• Mary says:

I disagree. If Amber or Kree could pull a heartless like Kris Allen they could make top three. The other two have been consistent in who they are, so I really believe it is harder to pull a wow moment.

31. Strong1 says:

Of course the 2 black girls are put in the bottom! Always trying to keep a sista down! Angie can not sing she yells! Kree is so boring! Stop hatin on Amber she can sing!

• Dan (Haleyloonie) says:

America is not that racist. Guess I really trust it.

• Amy says:

LOL. This from a forum where the “white guy with guitar” has been railed against for two years. Please. enuf nonsense.

• Lee says:

@Strong1: Don’t you have that backwards? IMO Amber is boring. Because she doesn’t connect to most of her songs, I am rarely emotionally moved by her performances. And she definitely lacks creativity. She could’ve given her own twist to MacArthur Park as Kris Allen did to She Works Hard For The Money but she didn’t because she’s boring. There’s really nothing interesting about her performances.

• Nephtalia says:

Why people have to play the race card in everything? I am black by the way. Remember Candice was top 2 not too long ago. Most people in this blog love Candice.

• TheGirlsRock says:

That’s right down there in the gutter with Slezak’s skinny legs comment.

• Mafs95 says:

LOOOOL have you thought thay maybe they were both Bottom 2 because:
      a) They have similar styles and they appeal to the same demographic;
      b) Angie was the best this week (in my opinion and according to the majority of the blogosphere, at least);
      c) Kree was in the Bottom 2 last week and was harshly criticized by the judges last night
      I love Candice, but it’s understandable that she was Bottom 2, even though she didn’t deserve it. She’s my favourite and I hope she wins.

• CDE says:

So, were you whipping out the race card last week or making claims of bigotry when the two white southern girls were bottom two? Sheesh SMH.

• Rivky says:

bs’d

Give me a break! The first time I heard Candice sing I said “THIS IS AMERICAN IDOL”! (Sorry Ryan) I did not see her color, face or body. I saw a woman with the voice that penetrated the heart of this 63 year old Jewish Savta (grandma). I think playing the race card is a bit disingenuous. I do not care for Amber’s voice, not because she is Black, but because that is my taste. I would like to see the final two be Candice and Kree. Again. my taste, my opinion. Are there people who will or won’t vote for someone because of their color, religion or sexual orientation, you bet! I do not think we have that problem on this blog. So you stop the hating & stop trying to find a problem where there is none. That save was 100% for Amber. No matter how they push her down our throat, she will not win. The only way she wins if there is vote tampering. There, I’ve said it. Amber bores me to tears and on the playback she sounded even worse. :(

32. NJ idoloonie says:

It’s possible Candice and Amber are splitting their votes.

33. waterbug says:

Angie or Kree will win definitely. More white people watch AI than anyone and latinos don’t care anymore since Laz left. Just keeping it real… WGWP most likely.

• Amy says:

I guess that’d be the same white audience that crowned Ruben and Jordin. Oh wait, Jordin’s half white…maybe that’s it….sigh.

• HitTheGroundRunning says:

don’t forget Fantasia! And actually 3 out of 11 makes for 27% of the winners which is actually TWICE the expected number if you go by percentage of the U.S. population (with such a small sample size twice is out of the ordinary though and within expected bounds assuming no bias either way).
        the idol audience did seem a bit different then, although maybe in this regard it doesn’t matter

• HitTheGroundRunning says:

That should have said ISN’T out of the ordinary though. Anyway looking at the stats there actually appears to be no bias whatsoever. If Candice or Amber were to win it would actually be flirting with a reverse bias if anything (although the sample size is still very small and there can be self selection in who decides to try out and who the production filters early on).

• Lea H. says:

Well, here’s one white person who isn’t voting for Angie or Kree. Candice is the best singer in the group and i’ll be voting my fingers off for her!

• I'm Batman! says:

You do that while many with dozens of facebook accounts will be putting 50 votes in for Angie in ten seconds.

• Lea H. says:

I have a Facebook account and use it for my voting along with dialing in. Everyone should vote for their favorite. I know that Angie has a lot of fans, and deservedly so, I think she’s great. I was just answering to the statement that most white voters vote for white contestants. I think top 4 are all astounding singers, but I’m rooting for Candice, just like everyone else is rooting for theirs favs

• Nephtalia says:

@I’m Batman, you really are not helping me in converting a few undecided voters to vote for Angie (if that was possible) so I have my first favorite win in 4 years. Cause the way you making it sound like she is running away with the votes is so not true.

• HitTheGroundRunning says:

Yeah I still think it is very much an open game. Possibly three out of the four have been #1 spot at some point, for sure two, maybe even for sure three (possibly all four, but I doubt it since one of them would’ve had to have a crazy huge jump one week). And all of them have been out of the top group at least once. It seems a very open game to me. Angie has never been in the very bottom group and has been in the top a lot but this season is so close so talk like that can lead to complacency which is what leads to the sudden shock elimination, which has occurred many a season. And all four have put out some fine vocals.
            There seems to be less of a consensus on this site this season too. Each of the four seems to appear on plenty of not even as close to as good as the others lists and each of the four seems to appear on plenty of the best/favorite lists. I guess Candice gets the most love here but it seems a bit shakier than for other seasons.

• darcy's evil twin says:

Really, we’re discussing race?
      Good grief. Back in the 60s and 70s I was listening to Jimi Hendrix, Diana Ross and the Supremes, Smokey Robinson, Stevie Wonder, Bob Marley, Dionne Warwick, Sam and Dave, The Jackson Five (by the way, Michael Jackson was still black back then), etc. Oh, and the group that sang Mr. Slezak’s favorite, “Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch” – the Four Tops.
      I can not believe this. Oh well, take heart. Maybe all those people that voted for the PRESIDENT will vote for Candice and/or Amber.

• CA says:

EASY NOW! Nobody called anybody RACIST. It’s just a fact that mostly White people watch American Idol. He was just stating facts. It would jb just as hard for a White person to win the gospel singing show on B.E.T. There’s no need to get defensive just because the subject of race is being discussed. Geez….

• darcy's evil twin says:

I realize no one was called a “racist” (heck, it’s a slow day on facebook if I don’t get called a racist at least once), and I realize more white people watch American Idol, but I find it odd that someone thinks white people wouldn’t vote for a black singer. I’m white and overall Candice is my favorite.

• deedee says:

When there’s only 4 people left in the competition it’s quite possible for the two black girls to land in the bottom … just like two white girls (Kree and Janelle) landed in the bottom last week. To suddenly blame racism on this week’s outcome is ludicrous. So ludicrous that I don’t even know why I bothered to comment on it, actually.

34. HitTheGroundRunning says:

It was nice to see how happy they all were when they were all announced safe. Bottom beaming. Angie almost vaulting out of her spot and leaping over and jumping around. Kree running over.
    Candice looked crazy relieved. After thinking they’d all be safe last week I think she got scared they were gonna hold the all safe for top three week and have two weeks for the big home town thing and that she was the surprise result for the judges.

35. LeahKittyS says:

And now, a continuation of “American Idol Horror Story”
    (Scene: the crime scene basement. Amber, Angie, Candice and Kree are huddled together in the dim light of the basement.)
    Amber: “What are we going to do now?”
    Candice: “There’s only one thing to do: catch this guy before he strikes again!”
    Angie: “But how do we pull that off? Clearly he’s following us wherever we go!”
    Kree: “I’m still trying to figure out why Nigel would do this.”
    Amber: “What does it matter why? He’s sick, and we gotta stop him!”
    Candice: (Standing up straight) “I think I know why.”
    (Other three look at her intently.)
    Candice: “We all know the law of the land. A man inherits the fortune, he keeps it for himself. A woman inherits the fortune, and she has to hand it over to the men of the house. It’s always been that way.”
    Kree: “I don’t follow.”
    Candice: “Nigel’s desperate to get the fortune off his hands, but think of how embarrassing it would be for him to just sell it off. He’s had to give it to his male heirs for years. Don’t you see? The only way he can guarantee to get rid of it is to give it to one of us. And you know that’s not going to happen unless there aren’t any male heirs in the line.”
    (Camera cuts to the dead bodies of the five men.)
    Angie: “That clears up so many things. It’s disgusting, but it makes total sense. But then why would he take Janelle?”
    Candice: “That’s what gets me, too. Maybe he saw her read those notes and thought she knew too much?”
    Kree: “But if that’s the case, then we all know too much.”
    Amber: (Anxious) “Which is why we need to get out of this basement and find someone who can help us!”
    Angie: “No. We can’t go yet. The door’s been shut this whole time.”
    Amber: (With attitude) “We can always open it again.”
    Angie: “That’s not the point. The door’s been closed since we got down here, but Janelle is gone. Which means someone must have taken her through a secret door.”
    Candice: “So we find the secret door, follow the passage, and Nigel will be at the other end.”
    Angie: “Right. Or at least one of his cronies.”
    Kree: (Shriek) “Look out!”
    (All four of them duck as a swarm of arrows comes flying out of a hole in the wall. They stare in shock at the arrows that hit the wall and piled up on the floor. Amber gasps at the arrows sticking out of Candice and Kree’s backs.)
    Amber: “Oh my God! Are you okay?” (Pulls the arrow out of Candice’s back)
    Candice: “Yeah, I’ll be fine.” (Winces) “Just Mister P up to his old tricks again.”
    Angie: “Well, I think we found our secret door.”
    Kree: “Come on, we’ve got five brothers and a sister to avenge!”
    (The four of them form a line and enter the tunnel from which the arrows were shot.)
    TO BE CONTINUED…

36. Annie says:

Lee DeWyze – awful.

37. Mark says:

Shocking. Stunning. This week. Never. Happened.

38. Amy says:

I hate having to scroll back down all the time on this site! Why can’t it go back to where you left off after you comment?

39. toadily says:

The judges displayed bias and lack of credibility in their performance night critiques, and tonight failed to support their Idol winner by giving Lee Dewyze lukewarm seated applause while giving Stefano’s banal cotton candy tenor a standing O. Come on. One would think supporting your own product is giving him his due but this panel of judges seems to lack that perspective and it shows in the ratings. PP was consistently at odds with his coach who tried to push him to be something he wasn’t and the audience responded, crowning the genuine article. Idol voters rejected the blatant pimping of Amber because they believe in the premise that Idol discovers the next big thing, not a protege to be molded to fit a studio. Thanks to all the voters who rewarded my loyalty to the show by keeping it real. And Michael Skezak rules.

• toadily says:

Sorry, I meant Slezak.

• chris says:

Considering what they’ve been giving standing o’s all season, I really don’t think it’s a compliment. They were probably all so glad that he finally stopped singing that they all just had to stand up and cheer. heh. I was actually quite surprised they had him on after his little twitter rant last year when he said it was a travesty that P2 won!

40. Sarinette says:

I feel bad for Candice. The spotlight was stolen from her last night when the judges were reviewing her second performance and then went into that argument with Jimmy, totally ignoring Candice. I am pretty sure that had an impact on her bottom 2 spot. BTW did anyone noticed Candice’s facial expression when the Judges were asked again about Amber’s performance last night? She did not look impressed one bit.

41. Trace says:

I’m too old and grumpy for this show. I think “they” are dressing Amber like a hooker.
    I think she has a great voice but still needs some time. I actually loved her on My funny Valentine and the Stresand song, neither of which was current or modern.

• TheGirlsRock says:

I thought she was not good on the group song tonight. It’s like her words are in slow motion or something. I think she needs slow ballads.

• waterbug says:

I totally don’t agree with you, but for the record, if you want to say “they” dress Amber like a hooker, let’s not forget Angie because she wears shorts with heels too.

• Trace says:

Like I said, I’m old:). I think it’s the ratty denim and jackets tied around the waist that are the difference between the two for me. Maybe it’s what the kids are wearing these days;)

• aifanforlife says:

It’s not about what Amber is wearing, but the style. Angie may wear shorts and high heels as well, but they don’t come off as trying to show off her legs or being sexy while it’s obvious that Amber’s are. Maybe it is a double standard and unfair judgment, but perception is reality.

• HitTheGroundRunning says:

Who cares if Amber is though?

• waterbug says:

yup…that ole double standard perception thing again.

• Claudia says:

Your statement can be translated as “I like Angie so I like the way she dresses & I don’t think she’s just trying to show off her legs. I don’t like Amber so I think she dresses like a hooker.”

• Meme says:

Perception is only the perceiver’s reality and opinions are many. Both of these girls have great legs, and both of them come off as trying to show off their legs and being sexy … and why not?

• Sandy says:

I totally agree with Meme on this one. The two styles are not exactly the same since Amber usually seems to have an ’80s vibe, but, overall, they both wear short shorts and heels a lot. Neither wears clothes more revealing than the other, and, IMHO, neither dresses inappropriately.

• HitTheGroundRunning says:

They both have a bit of an 80s vibe as did Burnell and some others too actually in terms of style. (not a bad thing IMO, since I’m ready for the grunge, hipster and pants around the ankles styles (and plain flat or near crew cut hair) to be done with, enough with pretending you are some gangster when you have no clue what that even means or why you so don’t even want to be that or with the pretending to not give a shh or the is this dingy shade of brown just a little too much? it is, too shocking right?)
            And what the heck is wrong with short shorts or leather pants or whatever? You are only young once. Live it up while you can. If it works for you and looks good, wear it. Don’t be an old maid all life long. And even more don’t be that and then realize you missed out on fun and decide to give the tank top and daisy dukes a try at 80.

42. Cindy Smith says:

All four remaining ladies have beauty of their own. But for heaven’s sake, could SOMEONE in wardrobe, dress CANDICE and KREE in some beautiful gowns, and sweep up their hair to put them on an even aesthetic playing field with the “skinny” girls. Like it or not, leggings do NOT look good with short tops on heavier builds, and it’s putting these two at a disadvantage from a stage appearance perspective compared to the other two “skinnies.” It’s obvious who is getting the best hair, makeup, and clothing advice, per producers’ agendas…. So CANDICE & KREE – SPEAK UP, and insist you get fair treatment and meaningful fashion advice with your stage wardrobes too!

• waterbug says:

i agree…I do not like the Candice and Kree’s wardrobe. Everything is black leggings with prints on top or color blocked.

• darcy's evil twin says:

I have been saying the same thing – for Heaven’t sake, I am as fashion-challenged as they come and even *I* am smart enough to know that Candice and Kree should NOT be wearing those leggings with short tops! Or with tunic tops for that matter. Please put them in gowns or nice pantsuits with palazzo (sp?) pants to balance them out for crying out loud. And NOT the American Idol/Lennon Sisters Ballgown Collection made famous by Lauren Alaina, either. Please put them in some more contemporary gowns.

• deedee says:

I never stopped to think about it, but you’re right. They wear the same basic things each week. Have we ever seen Candice in a dress or skirt? Or flowy pants? Jeans? I’m not a fan on leggings with short tops on anyone unless they have a perfect gym body.

43. Armand says:

Two weeks in a row and the artist whose song Candice sung joins the results song. First Paula, now Drake. It is getting tiring

• Sandy says:

Paula’s appearance was a given since she’s part of the Idol family. I don’t think that was so much for Candice’s benefit. They would have had Paula back regardless of who sang her song.
      OTOH, Drake’s appearance was for Candice since she’s such a big fan. I have a feeling it was pretty easy to orchestrate since he and Nicki are friends and frequent collaborators. Plus, I’m sure TPTB loved having a current artist appear to appeal to the younger viewers (did you hear the screams in that building?).

44. Cindy Smith says:

Oh yeah, and also, mix up the fashion shoots too, so Kree and Candice get front and centre, instead of the outside and back rows all the time… good grief already!

45. tami petersen says:

it’s almost insanely ridiculous. white girls vs. black girls? skinny girls vs. fat girls? jimmy is the most entertaining part of the show! tonight’s episode was a complete waste of time.

46. James says:

Angie’s voice is terrible!

47. NJ idoloonie says:

What is HEidi wearing?! And who did her hair and makeup?! (oops wrong show. Was watching ProjectRunway while reading this)

48. Sarah says:

Well that was hardly a surprise. Whoever did the scheduling this year really messed it up. They can’t schedule the season assuming that the save will be used.
    I was disappointed to see Candice in the bottom 2, there’s no way she deserved that. I’m going to be really mad if she’s not in the finale.

• HitTheGroundRunning says:

They did it once before. Although they had it be a big idol gives back week so it was a 100% known plan from the start that time I guess, this time it was just a contingency.

49. darcy's evil twin says:

I just got in from a meeting (I sure wish Idol would return to the Tuesday/Wednesday schedule, because, after all, it’s all about me!) and haven’t watched the DVR yet. Just checked in to see what happened. No surprise no one got kicked off tonight but I’m surprised to see Candice in the bottom two. I would have put good money on Kree and Amber being in the bottom two. I love Kree and Amber is a tremendous talent – I’d just like to see her spend some time growing up and investing some time in formal training. She has the potential to be great!
    I am anxious to see Lee! I think Idol has treated him poorly, IMO. As I’ve said, don’t kill your parents and then throw yourself on the mercy of the court because you’re an orphan. They picked him!

50. jane says:

I started thinking tonight, what if Adele was on idol, would her looks have stopped her from winning? Would they have thought she was less marketable than some girl with skinnier legs? I definitely could hear the bus backing up to run over Kree and Candice, and they are the two best singers! What’s current and hot is constantly changing in the music world and Idol could be promoting what’s next instead of putting the machine into overdrive to spit out another Rhianna clone ( although, clearly Amber can sing better than RiRi). These ladies are all talented, but Amber should have been sent home. She was the worst this week. Why is a top 4 finish so bad for her?
    Instead of stacking the deck against the guys to insure a girl would win this year, they could have just fixed the darn voting system and make it a fair shot for the best to win. Idol also could have thought to produce a telethon for the victims of Boston and Texas, and thus negate the whole “save” issue, but that would have required some intelligence and class.

• HitTheGroundRunning says:

I think it woulda been more “more runs” why don’t you add more! Man your style is too old! That will NEVER have a chance in today’s market!! (Heck they were even doing that to Haley as Adele was already exploding with mad sales.)

• Amy says:

Right…agree..I said the same thing on the last thread. They should have fixed the voting system to limit votes, than contrive (to death!) the show this year. I’ve believed for a while it’s “Idol the show”, not Idol the contestent, that TPTB care most about…and this year they created the worst show of all the seasons, imho.

• Rivky says:

bs’d
      Two words Susan Boyle!! I hope both Kree and Candice are in the finale. Hooray for great voices and women who look like women. :)