Grey's Anatomy Season 9 Finale Scoop: A [Spoiler] Is Coming

Get More: Finales, News, Scoop

Grey's Anatomy Season Finale SpoilersAs Grey’s Anatomy creator Shonda Rhimes previously promised, no man-made catastrophes of the plane crash, bus accident or gunman variety are on tap for the ABC drama’s Season 9 finale.

But make no mistake, the staffers at Grey+Sloan Memorial aren’t getting off that easy.

RELATED | Season Finale Scoopapalooza: More Than 100 Spoilers on Your Fave Series’ Endgames, Including ArrowThe Vampire DiariesThe Good Wife, Glee and More!

TVLine has learned that a “superstorm” is making tracks for Seattle, broaching the seaside city in the penultimate episode, “Readiness Is All,” and then sending everyone into “crisis mode” for the “intense” Season 9 finale, aptly titled “Perfect Storm” and airing May 16.

Rhimes sent Grey’s fans into a veritable tizzy when she tweeted a month ago that everything she previously said about this season’s finale “NO LONGER STANDS,” adding, “We changed everything.”

Are you ready to weather this Grey’s calamity? (Is Meredith’s unborn child…?) Sound off in the comments.

Want more scoop on Grey’s, or for any other show? Email insideline@tvline.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

Comments (127)

• Would Meredith be nearing due date by then? Could that ADD to the “perfect storm”?

Comment by Amber – April 23, 2013 10:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I can 100% see Meredith getting stuck in an elevator and going into labour… which would make for some drama AND tie in nicely with the elevator’s significance to Mer/Der’s relationship.

Comment by Sarah – April 24, 2013 06:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Poetic…indeed!

Comment by antigravity – April 30, 2013 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aw dang it, I thought the answer was Winter is coming. I guess I should’ve payed more attention to the indefinite article in the clue.

Comment by Marin Kuharić (@Prkan_708) – April 23, 2013 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Shonda should start writing Soap Operas. Seriously.

Comment by Luu – April 23, 2013 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It seems to me she’s already writing one.

Comment by LF – April 23, 2013 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Comment by LF is EVERYTHING.

Comment by thereasonsy – April 24, 2013 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I swear if she adds any interns as regulars Im done. I hate the chick with the short hair from true blood and veronica mars. And the one whom bailey thought infected the patients. The otjer two are actually fine by me.

Comment by lorna – April 23, 2013 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Aww really? I love Tina Majorino (Brooks.) They can keep her and Jo……Shane I’m neutral on…..but I can do without the whiny one who pined for Alex like crazy (Leah?) and the chick dating Jackson (Stephanie?)

Comment by Alichat – April 23, 2013 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I LOVE brooks so much. omg. She’s the best.

Comment by Amy – April 23, 2013 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I second that… mousy is the coolest of all the interns. Keep her and oust the rest.

Comment by Daisy – April 30, 2013 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Didn’t Tina Majorino play the little girl in WATERWORLD??

Comment by mamalyn – April 23, 2013 04:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yes…..she was also in Corrina Corrina, Andre, and Napoleon Dynamite.

Comment by Alichat – April 23, 2013 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Seeing as how this article is about the last episodes of this season, why would Shonda be adding more interns at this time…?

Comment by B – April 23, 2013 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think you’re the only one that hates the short-haired one. I absolutely love her and apparently so does everyone else. I dislike the rest of them though.

Comment by kavyn – April 23, 2013 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I really dislike the short-haired one. Not sure why, there is just something I don’t like about her as I find her a little annoying.

Comment by cas – April 23, 2013 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’ve been watching Greys since its inception and I truly don’t know any of the new interns names on the show, I’ve always liked Tina Mariano, she was meg Ryan’s daughter when she played that drunk and I think she was like 6 yrs old. Enough of the crazy chicks for Alex! I swear if they kill off merideths baby, I will be so mad! As she lands on the stairs in the super storm reminds me of ER when Abby was nearly gunned downed and fell to the floor!

Comment by Lisa Zeleznik – May 4, 2013 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Oh and by the way, I thought they (Derek, Meredith, and Christina ) weren’t even coming back this year so I’ve been pleasantly surprised this year!

Comment by Lisa Zeleznik – May 4, 2013 10:01 AM PDT
    • Hasn’t she already confirmed Jo (Camilla Luddington) as a series regular?

Comment by Abby – April 23, 2013 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Right there with you. There was no “real” build-up to their characters… And although I have in recent past looked forward to “what will happen next…” I am quiet bored with this 3rd (?) generation of bed-hopers. At least with Yang and Jesse’s generation there was more work being done then bed /closet hoping. And i really miss the name Seattle Grace Hospital and understand why they changed it to Grey+Sloan Memorial…still *sigh*

Comment by KS1E – April 24, 2013 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So true…is there even a season 10?

Comment by Daisy – April 30, 2013 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Come on now… They gotta keep the Smash! Gaius Charles (who plays Shane) Was Brian Williams on “Friday Night Lights.” I’ll be sad if they get rid of him.

Comment by LauraH – May 10, 2013 05:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OMygosh I KNOW I literally slept thru most of season 9– I just watched 8 again and was like no WONDER I hated season 9. Interns boring. Life w/o Mark-Avery humor just killed it. I love April/Avery and Jo– but all the others need to GO> Who is casting these boring ppl??? All moral episodes that make u dig deep into ur own life– vanished I think Shondra got too involved with Scandal and neglected Greys

Comment by A. Everhart – July 10, 2013 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If McBaby doesn’t survive, I swear I will not watch Grey’s anymore. I get it, it is a drama and Shonda loves to shake things up but I think there comes a point where the main characters need a little happiness amongst the doom and gloom.

Comment by Tamera – April 23, 2013 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Mc Baby will survvive, she wont do something like that. Maybe a buct will fall and kill Owen, but Mc Baby will survive….

Comment by Ela – April 23, 2013 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Duct* sorry…Damm autocorrect!

Comment by Ela – April 23, 2013 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You know, on any other show I’d call “crazy,” but in Shondaland, I wouldn’t be surprised.

Comment by CH – April 23, 2013 09:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • May the duct fall on your head!.

Comment by antigravity – April 30, 2013 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LEAVE MY OWEN ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Nina – April 23, 2013 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Yeah I love Owen too!!!!! Yeah without him Id be very disappointed. I like him as much as I liked Sloan and they killed him grrrrrrrr

Comment by niceyfemme – April 23, 2013 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’m with you all the way!!!

People need to leave Owen Hunt alone. These people must have had a strange upbringing to have so much hate in them…enough to wish someone to be harmed or dead.. .even if he is a fictional character. Just because they approve Cristina as the poster child for ” I can’t be a mum and I’m justified to use abortion for birth control” doesn’t make Owen Hunt, a guy who wants to be a father( and wanted to save his baby from an abortion) a bad guy. I support pro-choice, but I’m sick these hatful remarks. Keep them to yourselves.

Comment by Monty – April 30, 2013 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Please NOT OWEN, he has to help Christina raise McBaby!!!

Comment by KS1E – April 24, 2013 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Actually, I don’t think Cristina will be fine if anything bad happened to Owen. I want my girl to be happy with her guy.

Comment by Daisy – April 30, 2013 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Don’t worry, Owen does’t die. If you watch the promo video on youtube, it shows that a bus blows up in front of the hospital. If you pause it right after the bus explodes, you can see him after the crash. :) But, it also shows Kepner screaming as she sees the explosion. I’m thinking either Matthew or Jackson will be the one who dies. Hopefully not Jackson!!

Comment by Mal – May 15, 2013 02:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree. I’ll keep watching because it’s my favorite show and blablabla, but Meredith was part of every single kind of drama/tragedy in the show. Ok, main character, but come on! She deserves a little happiness.

Comment by Debora – April 23, 2013 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • On aussielo’s spoilers he said to be more concerned with the Dr that delivers mer’s baby, not the baby itself…

Comment by jaime – April 23, 2013 06:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hope it’s not one of the inept interns who have to deliver mcboy, would rather them hold it off til episode 200 if that’s the case and have Derek deliver his little bundle of joy in the front seat of the car.

Comment by Aussie – April 24, 2013 01:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • it will be chest peckwell, who will die somehow, leaving jo for alex…

Comment by xyz – April 28, 2013 05:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Totally agree. I have $5 bet riding on this. Shonda wants him out and Alex in.

Comment by antigravity – April 30, 2013 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mcbaby will definitely be born in the finale, that’s why it will be the perfect storm.

Comment by Tia – April 23, 2013 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • An intern or two will die.Most fans agree they are dispensable and it lets her enjoy her grim reaper finales.

Comment by Thilia – April 23, 2013 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ===============Major Spoiler Alert!!!!!====================

The super-storm will cause a power outage, which forces the doctors teach new parents at NICU to breath for their newborns since ventilators no longer work.
    Also, an EXPLOSION will happen after a car crash at a parking lot near an emergency center.
    No man-made catastrophes?

Comment by Alex – April 23, 2013 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t hospitals have generators for exactly this sort of situation?

Comment by madhatter360 – April 23, 2013 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Probably with more limited capacities. Though you would assume that NICU babies would be high on the generator-power priority list…

Comment by Abby – April 23, 2013 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • During Superstorm Sandy, hospitals had to be evacuated because generators weren’t working. I remember seeing footage of staff carrying down patients down flights of stairs. Maybe Shonda is taking pages from the real life drama of Sandy.

Comment by Mary – April 23, 2013 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • (Un)fortunately, not all of the hospitals here on the Eastern Coast were under “FULL” Evacuation during Super-storm Sandy (I know, my husband was at one in a support room at normal WATER level). Hospitals were asked to remove all patients who “could be” evacuated w/o causing more health issues then they already were in, thus allowing generators to NOT have to work (as much) should the hospitals lose power, etc.

Comment by KS1E – April 24, 2013 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Yes, of course it wasn’t all hospitals. But I do remember at least two, possibly 3. Too many if you ask me!

Comment by Mary – April 24, 2013 01:48 PM PDT
    • i didnt see anything about an explosion..can u tell me where you read? I would like to read it as i love spoilers :)

Comment by Lynne DeWitt – April 23, 2013 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sure someone’s gonna bite the dust. The only intern i’d be okay with becoming a regular next season would be Camilla Luddington’s Jo. I dont really like the rest of them

Comment by j – April 23, 2013 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously Shonda a superstorm? What else will befall these group of people? Zombies? In real life a group of people can not survive all the catastrophe and doom that has befallen these group of characters. Take a break from the disasters Shonda, is no longer a medical drama, it has become a disaster show.

Comment by monica4185 – April 23, 2013 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah…wouldn’t it be a nice change of pace if the finale was just high emotional and relationship stakes and not some massive disaster? Everything that happens at this hospital, I just don’t know that I’d want my ambulance driver taking me there. LOL

Comment by Alichat – April 23, 2013 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I confess this is so dull that I’m starting to not feel any desire to see the finale.
        I think Shonda managed to kill the goose. Anything shocks anymore.

Comment by Ninna – April 23, 2013 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It has become way too unbelievable.

Comment by monica4185 – April 23, 2013 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • if i wanted to watch sex i would go to the adultchannel

Comment by judi – April 24, 2013 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I miss the time when the show was about relationships and not admnistrative problems and massive destructions of any kind. I wish Shonda would watch the show’s opening once again and remember how the show was before, with it’s dark moments but not all the time. I hate this season.

Comment by Mariana – April 23, 2013 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That’s exactly what the finale was in the season between the shooting and the plane crash. And no one remembers it for that reason.

Comment by popculture420 – April 23, 2013 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You mean the finale when Alex rats out Meredith for changing the results in the Alzheimer’s study, so Derek goes into his usual self-righteous rant and leaves Meredith just as they’ve gotten custody of Zola and she’s lost her job, and Alex loses out on the Chief Resident job because he’d ratted out Meredith, so it goes to April, and Teddy decides she loves Henry so she stays, and Cristina finds out she’s pregnant and decides to have an abortion, so Owen kicks her out of the house because she didn’t include him in the decision? I’m sure there was something about Derek saying Meredith would make a bad mom too.

Comment by Alichat – April 23, 2013 05:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Exactly.

Comment by Goldie – April 23, 2013 05:46 PM PDT
          • I’m not sure what your point is; I was clearly exaggerating when I said no one remembers it. Perhaps it would have been more accurate for me to say that, when discussing the different finales, no one really mentions it. There’s Denny dying, George dying, the shooting, and the plane crash; those are the finales I most often see mentioned when discussing them. Sometimes you get Burke and Cristina’s wedding or Addison showing up, but it’s very rare that you see someone talking about this episode. Like it or not, TV is about ratings, and all the disaster episodes create buzz. I remember when the above-mentioned finale aired, there was a lot of disappointment.

Comment by popculture420 – April 24, 2013 04:20 AM PDT
          • The point is that within no time nothing else shocks. Every finale seems utterly nonsense. And people are starting to realize that season 7 finale was actually better written than the other seasons finale.

Comment by Ninna – April 24, 2013 08:29 AM PDT
          • I didn’t get that you were exaggerating, so I was pointing out that I do remember that finale. I understand your point about being buzzy and pulling in ratings. But I think it says something about the age of the show and the quality of writing when Rhimes feels that doing these “disaster” finales is the better decision. We were going to have a normal, relationship-oriented, ‘life of the characters’ finale, and suddenly they decide to do some super storm disaster. I miss the cliffhangers that were about the lives and loves of these doctors, and not the disaster of the year.

Comment by Alichat – April 24, 2013 01:11 PM PDT
    • In season 10, there will be a super volcano set by a meteor shower.

Comment by Nicolas – April 23, 2013 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Maybe all the characters will died and the show will end. At what point does a TV show runner and TV network say enough let me end this show?

Comment by monica4185 – April 23, 2013 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If it was real life, it wouldn’t entertain people enough to keep them tuning in for almost 10 years.

Comment by Brooke – April 23, 2013 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • SO true! I think just because we all sobbed our hearts out when George died, she feels the need to up the death toll every finale. What she doesn’t seem to realize is that we sobbed because he was GEORGE.
      We barely get attached to the new characters cycling in and out, since we expect them to bite the dust. A high-stake emotional finale (Christina & Burke’s wedding, anyone?) would be a welcome change.

Comment by Lucy – April 23, 2013 04:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Honestly, I think that was one of the worst finales out of all of them.

Comment by Mary – April 23, 2013 04:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think this “Super Storm” finale would have been easier to handle if it hadn’t been for the possible buy-out and tear-down of Seattle Grace to start with…that should have been saved for the actual series ending (w/o the doctors saving her by buying / managing through the foundation). Of course at some point and Time they could pull a DALLAS, and say this whole last season was a “Dream (nightmare really), and the storm is the real season….

Comment by KS1E – April 24, 2013 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • If ever they needed a “dream” season, it should have been Izzie with the ghost Dennie sex.

Comment by Mary – April 24, 2013 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No joke…

Comment by Daisy – April 30, 2013 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • While I was re-watching all the seasons, I’ve noticed that all the tragedies were previously mentioned. For example: Arizona talks in season 6 (?) about her fear of flying because airplanes could fall. George’s bus, the shooting, Calzona’s car, the airplane.. EVERY tragedy was previously mentioned. REALLY.

There’s this episode that a doctor questions Cristina about what she would do without light in surgery.

That’s my guess.

Comment by moreiradeh – April 23, 2013 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That would be interesting. Take away the high-tech equipment, and leave them with their brains. It would be kind of funny if this storm destroyed that machine everyone is so in love with (13 seconds!). Lol

Comment by Chelisa – April 23, 2013 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • LOL The only moment of happiness that dull GI Joe had in two seasons and you want to take it from him. hahahha. Imagine him screaming while seeing his preciousness being taken in front of his eyes and couldn’t do anything about it. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaarrrrrgggggg

Comment by Ninna – April 23, 2013 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think you are on to something here! Especially because the Serbian (I think?) doctors that were just at Seattle Grace earlier this season, and the surgeons were helping them come up with ways to do surgery wit little to no electricity for them. It seems now the doctors of SGMW could use those skills for themselves!

(*I know I’m supposed to refer to them as the doctors of Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital, but I just haven’t gotten used to it yet*)

Comment by twilight123 – April 23, 2013 12:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Omg Christina is going to deliver mcbaby via emergency c section in the dark! Nice connection!

Comment by cristina – May 3, 2013 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I haven’t watched since last years season finale killed off Lexie and in the next season, Mark. I think Shonda’s need for BIG finales is killing the show. JMO

Comment by Jane – April 23, 2013 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Serves to camouflage the bad writing and lack of creativity that has heat with breath this show a couple of years now. Time to turn down.

Comment by Ninna – April 23, 2013 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re not missing much..the show might not get renewed for Season 10. I miss Mark and Lexie.

Comment by LBO – April 30, 2013 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ….the show got renewed :)

Comment by appatel – May 13, 2013 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • appart from the fact that all this super-tragic-over-the-top-drama episodes are getting ridiculus (come on, another huge catastrophe again?), I have to point out that if the end-drama is going to be around an electric failure they should hire some new consultants, ’cause they should know (by now) that all hospitals have their own emergency electrical supply for precisely those kind of situations; maybe you can have some lights out for a bit, but you’ll never loose the supply to the vital machines.
    Seriously, as much as I could enjoy the show sometimes in the past (when they worked a little bit more in the medical stories and the characters, and weren’t so focussed in doing things “spectacular” just to show off) now i just find that these last seasons are just getting completly absurd.

Comment by Rowan – April 23, 2013 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • When Hurricaine Sandy hit NYC last year hospitals lost power and nurses were carrying babies down stairs in the dark while manually breathing for them. It happens.

Comment by Meg – April 23, 2013 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Meg you took the words right out of my mouth!

Comment by Mary – April 23, 2013 04:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They actually mentioned, that they had one in the latest episode, but it’s not indestructible, so…

Comment by Nanna – May 13, 2013 05:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Since the plane crash last year you guys act like they do a disaster in EVERY finale – season 7 finished with a pretty quiet episode focusing on the Meredith / Derek altz trial & Cris / Owen baby issue. A superstorm is nothing too crazy, it will likely mean some power outages & heightened drama, that’s all.

Comment by Mike – April 23, 2013 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There Was No Catastrophe In Seasons 1,2,3,4,Or 7.

Comment by Goldie – April 23, 2013 02:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They will be forced to practice medicine without proper equipment much like in a field hospital or a MASH unit. This might be an actual medical episode after a season of mostly nonmedical drama.

Comment by LBO – April 30, 2013 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Because in Seattle apparently we get superstorms in May…

Comment by Kathryn – April 23, 2013 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They never really define the time of year that much on the show. So they can probably get it around it that way. Plus, freak things happen. I live in MD and last year in July this crazy derecho storm thing came out of no where and knocked out the entire DC metro area for days. So, it happens.

Comment by KSM – April 23, 2013 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I live in DC too. That derecho was crazy. Some people had no power for 2 weeks in July in DC where it was so hot. Mine was only out about 4 days. Awful.

Comment by E – April 23, 2013 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • In NY, we didn’t have power for two weeks after Sandy. Crazy.

Comment by Mary – April 23, 2013 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • We moved out here just after that storm…the neighbors on our street were “still” re-pairing their homes and local streets from the damage

Comment by KS1E – April 24, 2013 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, there was a wicked hail storm just a couple weeks ago that left a portion of the city without power for a couple hours.

This is about the time of year that Seattle gets its yearly quota of thunderstorms. Then the windstorms start in the fall.

Comment by Kendall – April 23, 2013 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Other than the freak water Spouts, Seattle has not had a real Super-storm yet (now if they had wanted to cash in on Mt St Helen’s eruption…), although there have been minor discussions in the past that Seattle and the western coastline could experience a Super-Storm sometime in the next 30 years or so (FYI Kathryn, I am originally from, and lived through MSH’s 1980 blow). :)

Comment by KS1E – April 24, 2013 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There hasnt been that many disasters really, so i dont understand why everyone is moaning. If grey’s didnt have any disasters then you’d all be moaning that there is nothing interesting happening in the show. I LOVE the disasters, sure i was REALLY upset when Lexie died, but i didnt stop watching the show. Two of my favourite characters died and i still continued to watch the show, and believe me, i was a hardcore Lexie fan, i was bawling when she died and i make sure i dont watch that episode again due to it upsetting me :L (im a loser i know). But if you think about it, not THAT much has happened:
    1. Meredith Drowning
    2. Airplane Crash
    3. O’Malley Bus Accident
    4. Izzie’s Cancer
    5. Shooting
    6. The Bomb
    Thats basically it. Things like:
    1. Cast family members (Merediths mother) dying
    2. Miscarriages
    3. Adultry
    4. Car Crashes

All of those things happen quite often and i know of (through people or the news) people who have had all 4 of those above things happen to them, so it isnt really that much of a disaster (of course they are bad and sad) but when it comes to moaning about there being too many disasters, sadly enough, those 4 things are probably the most common things to happen to people, to real people.

I dont see why everyone is CONSTANTLY moaning about there being too many disasters and ‘if my fave character dies im not watching’ etc. If you cant appreciate the show for what it is as a whole, and all you can do is moan, then stop watching.

Comment by Lis21 – April 23, 2013 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well said, totally agree with every word written

Comment by Aussie – April 23, 2013 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Do not touch Calzona. Never.

Comment by PAM – April 23, 2013 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • 2nd that! They are the reason I’m watching the show. <3<3

Comment by tahina – April 23, 2013 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If Arizona dies, I’m done watching the show. They constantly screw over her character, after the plane crash no one helped her. Calzona is the best relationship on the show.

Comment by Tara – April 23, 2013 06:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • can’t wait for this show to end…..enough, I hate watching it.

Comment by suncitysandy – April 23, 2013 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So do yourself a favor and stop! I mean, really – why waste your time?

Comment by Abby – April 23, 2013 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t care if she wants to have a super storm, just don’t kill any major well loved character this season, especially the Mcbaby! I don’t care if the interns are killed, they are annoying.

Comment by Angel – April 23, 2013 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Almost every finale Shonda wants to kill or explode someone. This is not funny anymore. What about innovation aunt Shonda.
    As someone pointed out elsewhere, if the hospital is going to be sent to the air, we’re hoping she does not kill any of the doctors or dismember them or give them cancer in the sequence of the explosion …or whatever.
    Someone giver her her drugs, now!

Comment by Ninna – April 23, 2013 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The high volume of Pacific coast hurricanes, let alone thunder or wind storms of any sort (sarcasm), makes this far too opportunistic a plot for my Pacific Northwest-living liking.

Comment by Abby – April 23, 2013 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You must not have spent your youth in the King County area during the 1970′s, b/c before MSH erupted on May 18th, 1980… the area use to get wicked Thunderstorms every spring… and I do mean wicked! The roll of thunder was strong it made windows rattle, and the Lightening flashes could light up the sky for miles…. winds that toppled trees, torn utility pulls down, and sloshed high waves over some of their “FLOATING” (I kid you not, pontoons away) bridges. Seattle is part of a Convergence zone – there is NOTHING Normal about my (beloved) home state.

Comment by KS1E – April 24, 2013 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, Shonda. You’re on ABC, girl! Just ask for the Cassadine Weather Machine. I’d find that more plausible.

Comment by Elizabeth – April 23, 2013 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Its gotta do something with Bailey right?

Comment by jaime – April 23, 2013 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Everyone Just Relax. McBaby Won’t Die But Maybe Some Interns Will Leave.

Comment by Goldie – April 23, 2013 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When she first found out she was pregnant she kept saying something was going to be wrong..and told Alex that her baby was going to have like 3 arms or something..after she realized he was healthy she relaxed..so i hope her bbay is ok..because then she will just say..i knew something was going to happen..

Comment by Lynne DeWitt – April 23, 2013 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think that people forget that this show had a bomb, a ferry-boat accident (w/ meredith drowing) and an ambulance crash in the middle of his 2-3 and 4 season! So disasters are like a Shonda-trend!!! And this is why we really watch them! For the drama!!! They’re thrilling, exciting, overwhelming and emotional! Nobody wants a dull and boring finale like season 7!!! So im looking forward to seeing this “perfect storm”!!!

Comment by Frencis31 – April 23, 2013 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The only part you didn’t touch on…What would we have to discuss w/o these season finales?!?
      Yeah, I’m tired of the constant disaster after disaster (sort of like the bed-hoping), yet that is not only the part that keeps us riveted to what’s happening, but also keeps us chatting about why, where, who, when, and WTF chuck! LOL

Comment by KS1E – April 24, 2013 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • With the show’s emphasis on diversity and gay issues, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a wedding, or at least a sloppy kiss, between Karev and Hunt.

Comment by John S – April 23, 2013 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Awww…u know, PD has said he will not be surprised if Shepard ends up moving in with Hunt.

Comment by LBO – April 30, 2013 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow!!! I thought I was the only one who loved this show!!! But I agree that I could use a break from disasters…..at least for this finale…

Comment by marie – April 23, 2013 06:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have predicted this finale since Lexie said “Meant to be”. I have predicted everything right about this season. So predictable it a shame. Probably why I hate this season so much. Plus No Lexie and Mark. Can’t wait for Rookie Blue to start it’s season. 10TH Season coming and I’ll be there but it should be the last. Knowing ABC they will milk a dead cow and keep it going. Don’t get me wrong I LOVE the show since the beginning. It’s one of my favorites of all time. It’s #8 on my list of favorite shows. And 8 is my LUCKY NUMBER. I LOVE actors and actresses, especially Chandra Wilson
    (I LOVE Chyler Leigh too – too sad to talk about that) But I HATE the new direction Shonda Rimmes has taking the show. She ruined it for me. Also I HATED the way Shonda treated the fans after she killed Lexie. And what Shonda said about taking the show back from the fans. She forgot who helped put her on the map. Everybody knows if the Fans had the show Lexie and Mark wouldn’t be dead. So no matter how much I LOVE this show and my LOVE for the actors and the actresses it still can’t save the show for me. Or make me LOVE the show like I uses to seasons 1-8. I’m just hanging in there barely as a sign of loyalty to the actresses and actors. Because I LOVE them so much it hurts that I hate show so much now. They still are amazing and haven’t lost a step.

Comment by tiffany – April 23, 2013 06:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As unhappy as I was to see Chyler Leigh leave (her choice I might add), and then Eric Dane…I think that Shonda, felt she couldn’t keep Eric’s (Sloan) without Chyler’s (Lexie) and trying to replace Chyler wouldn’t have worked, so she opted to keep with her path that a Favorite would have to still go…and we all know Lexie would be lost w/o Sloan. It was a shame on all sides.
      When Shonda decided to take the show back from the fans – it may have been that she wasn’t / isn’t going to let what we say influence the writing of the show any more…back to basics if you will. Again this is just MHOO. I was under the impression (not sure why) that when Seattle Grace was being bought out (and scrapped) that was suppose to be the series end…

Comment by KS1E – April 24, 2013 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Eric Dane(Sloan)has a drug problem. That was made public before the season 8 finale. His addiction is why he left. He obviously agreed to leave the show to get treatment. Who knows how long that will take. They could have written Sloan off the show without killing him, of course. But maybe Dane wanted his character killed off.

Comment by Lacee – April 26, 2013 05:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why is everyone comPlaining? Try keeping a much loved show on the screen for ten years and then I’m sure you’d have reasons to stress and complain. The disasters are what bring the couples closer together and I love it l just don’t want anyone to die. I hope one of the couples get trapped in the elevator when the power goes out and another couple to be impacted by the explosiOn so they are forced to express their stubborn love for another and another couple be at home, wrapped up in each others arms in the dark, happy they both took the night off ( oblivious fr the power outage) lol. That would be intense and I’d love every minute of it because I love greys anatomy. Ps Shonda… Don’t hurt Calzona ever again :)

Comment by Mcyummy – April 24, 2013 03:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AS long as nothing happens to Alex and Aver I’m good

Comment by Deniz – April 24, 2013 05:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • *Avery

Comment by Deniz – April 24, 2013 05:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I bet someone dear to the fans will die. It is a virtual guarantee. And why? Because that is the only way Shonda knows how to create ‘drama’…

Comment by Jj – April 24, 2013 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think since someone referenced that Meredith and Mcbaby will be ok but the doctor delivering may not that the doctor that Jo is dating may be in trouble. Just a thought

Comment by Ang E – April 26, 2013 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Addison !! Couldn’t she be the doctor delivering Mer’s baby ?!
    Plus, the title of the article says “A (spoiler) is coming” –> “A. is coming”

Seems totally clear to me but maybe I’m just overthinking it ! :P

Anyway, can’t wait for the finale !!

Comment by Valentine – April 26, 2013 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My “dream finale” would be that someone mentions that they have hired a new doctor – and Izzie comes back! YAY! (well, preferrably George too – but I guess it would be too cheesy to hire back a dead doctor…)

Comment by Cecilia – April 30, 2013 07:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show and I like the Black Intern dating Jackson!!!! Need to see more of her. I am howerver so sick of the want to be virgin Dr.!! Really, get rid of whiney Kepnar. Miss Sloan, did not quite understand why he left. And if Baby dreamy doesnt make I’m done with GA too.

Comment by kay – April 30, 2013 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Meredith gives birth to triplets: a reincarnated George O’Malley, an in remission Izzy Stevens, & a pole-up-his-butt Preston Burke…… all assisted by Denny Ducett!!! Now that would make for one crazy finale!!! N’est pas?

Comment by Kathy – May 8, 2013 09:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does anybody think that she would dare to kill mcbaby cause if she does I’m done with GA

Comment by Annabeth sheperd – May 12, 2013 12:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think I know What’s going to happen It’s Alex and Jo One of them is gonna get hurt because of the fire Think about it there’s a tree in their house and also they r candles I mean think about it on the promo there is a huge fire!

Comment by Annabeth sheperd – May 12, 2013 01:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The car crash will most likely contain April’s brand new fiance Matthew who dies, therefore leaving her open for consolment from Jackson (they fall back in love)…Alex is finally somewhat grown-up so he will probably be doing a C-section on Meredith with no machines available for pain meds or anything…then they will probably end the season with the baby not crying and the tear running down Meredith’s face. Just my guess.

Comment by D – May 14, 2013 05:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post