Ratings: Community/Parks Up, Hannibal Down, Beast Steady, Big Bang Rerun Outdraws Idol

Get More: News, Ratings

Ratings Hannibal American Idol CommunityWith CBS and ABC largely in repeat mode this Thursday, fresh episodes of NBC’s Community and Parks and Recreation enjoyed gains.

Community ticked up 12 percent and a tenth to 3.2 million viewers and a 1.3, its best demo rating in six weeks. Similarly, each of Parks and Recreation‘s double-pump outings — leading out of an Office repeat — scored about 3.3 mil and a 1.7, the show’s two best ratings since Feb. 7.

Come 10 o’clock, Hannibal Episode 3 did 3.5 mil/1.4, down 20 and 18 percent week-to-week.

Over on The CW, bubble drama Beauty and the Beast rose 6 percent in total audience (to 1.6 million viewers) while steady with a 0.6 demo rating. Leading into that, Vampire Diaries (2.14 mil/0.9) was down 13 and 25 percent. And I thought my prom dates went bad!

RELATED | Vampire Diaries Recap: Dance the Night Away

Elsewhere…

* American Idol (11.9 mil/2.9) slipped about 10 percent week-to-week, pending any upward adjustments due to a two-minute overrun. Glee (6.4 mil/2.2) dipped 4 percent and two tenths from its school shooting episode.

RELATED | Glee Recap: Hold Onto That Feelin’

* For the first time ever, a Big Bang Theory repeat outdrew American Idol in total viewers during their shared half hour — 11.2 mil vs. 11 mil — while besting it in the demo (3.o vs. 2.6) for a second straight week.

RELATED | American Idol Top 5 Results Recap: Save It Isn’t So?

* ABC’s Wife Swap (4.7 mil/1.5) inched up 4 percent and a tenth.

Want scoop on any of the above shows? Email mattmtvguy@gmail.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

Comments (29)

• Glad BatB is doing ok.. Steady ratings should get us that 2nd season…

Comment by ally – April 19, 2013 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think we will get one. They def edited Vincent’s beast side and added to it.

Comment by lorna – April 19, 2013 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wife Swap up??? Unbelievable

Comment by Boiler – April 19, 2013 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Unfortunate to hear about Hannibal, but I’m super happy for Parks & Rec and Community!

Comment by Eric – April 19, 2013 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not surprised to see Hannibal down.Mads Mikkelsen is terrible as Hannibal, his delivery is cliched one tone and wooden.He is unintelligible most of the time. I’m still watching for the wonderful performance of Hugh Dancy, hope to see him in a great series soon.

Comment by yless – April 19, 2013 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agree. Mikkelsen is driving me away from an otherwise good show.

Comment by jsswite – April 19, 2013 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Frankly, I’m shocked it went up the second week. While the series has promise, the pilot was pretty bad.

Comment by Ettie – April 19, 2013 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • OK, I’m glad I’m not the only one who dislikes him as Hannibal. The show is a bit weak to begin with, but a great actor in that role could have carried the show almost on his own.

Comment by B – April 19, 2013 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I couldn’t agree more, I was so excited about this show as I’m a huge fan. However I’m watching purely for everyone but the actor playing Hannibal which kinda defeats the whole purpose of it. I’m obsessed with the lead role and at least he offers some eye candy. Lector is an amazing character (for those of us obsessed with him) but they made a huge mistake in the casting. Hannibal is sexy, alluring, seductive none of the attributes this actor has- I’m so disapointed. He doesn’t even have the right axcent, no sex appeal and is boring as heck, I’m so
        annoyed. At least they got the leading man right who is virtually carrying the show all by himself and is the only reason I know many are watching.

Comment by MrsBlonde – April 21, 2013 10:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow..BATB rose in audience while the TVD was down. Take that CW!

Comment by Jared – April 19, 2013 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I tried to watch AI last night, all filler, too much blah, blah,blah, and every time Nicki started to talk, had to mute. Not a hater, but she has the most nasally, abrasive voice I have ever heard on a public figure. Keith’s the only judge who just says what he means without going on and on and on. The real content of the show could have been boiled down to 15 minutes. The rest…………. DELETE.
    Won’t go back for any more of that torture unless someone REALLY interesting is a guest, then I’ll DVR it and fast forward to part I want to see. Nigel has ruined the show so don’t feel bad if it goes down the drain. AND RANDY, time to LEAVE. You have nothing to add, just same cliches you’ve been spouting for years. Ugh!!!

Comment by Pattygale – April 19, 2013 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For me. TVD has jumped the shark this season with the whole Silas thing.

Comment by The Beach – April 19, 2013 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOL! Idol beat by a RERUN. I love it!

Comment by Lola – April 19, 2013 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yea Parks & Rec!!!! Go on with your bad self! TVD is below a 1.0 in the demo? Is this one of their worst ratings ever? Aaren’t they normally up near 1.2?

Comment by Ari – April 19, 2013 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i dont see how NBC doesnt bring back Community. Atleast get it so they can sell it into syndication. The show is still a better performer then anything else they can put on Thursday and its huge on Hulu

Comment by ggny – April 19, 2013 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is that a series low for The Vampire Diaries?

Comment by Derek – April 19, 2013 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Also of note is that CBS aired BBT and 2Broke in the 9pm hour, with PoI at 10pm. Perhaps a sign of things to come at Upfronts in May?

Comment by Nero theTVFiddler – April 19, 2013 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That is the popular theory you are quoting, yes — a second CBS comedy block Thursdays at 9 pm.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich, Editor-at-Large TVLine.com – April 19, 2013 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Any thoughts on where Elementary would go? Wednesdays perhaps (CSI at 9, Elementary at 10)?

Comment by DL – April 19, 2013 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s good to see Community’s numbers rise, but I don’t think it really matters at this point. A fifth season is unlikely, so I’m more worried about shows that are good that are struggling like Hannibal and Revolution. Community just isn’t what it used to be, and at this point if it doesn’t get renewed it wouldn’t break my heart.

Comment by Kenneth Belliveau Journalism – April 19, 2013 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • +1

Community is a shell of it’s former self, sadly. I hope Hannibal stays on the air as it’s the only show (besides The Mentalist) that I look forward to watching every week.

Comment by Teresa – April 19, 2013 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Glee ratings??

Comment by Ann – April 19, 2013 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Glee did 6.4 this episode. It’s on the paragraph where he talks about American Idol.

Comment by Nico – April 19, 2013 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeaaaaaasa great news for Batb!!!! We deserve 2nd season

Comment by sinita – April 19, 2013 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good new for BATB.
    Watch for Vampire Diaries numbers to plumet next week while they go to New Orleans with The Originals backdoor pilot. The preview did NOTHING to peak my interest to watch next week.
    That was by far one of the funnier BBT’s we’ve had this year. I enjoyed watching it again.
    Not surprised that one beat Idol.

Comment by Gerald – April 19, 2013 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news #batb CW give us a second season

Comment by Betty Prat – April 19, 2013 10:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BATB has slowly sucked me in. It’s the first video I watch on Fridays online (don’t get CW with my satellite provider). TVD has dropped down quite a bit in my interest. I’m not surprised their viewers are checking out.

Comment by AT – April 19, 2013 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post