Pretty Little Liars' Janel Parrish Spills Finale Secrets: The Complete 'A' Team Will be Revealed!

Pretty Little Liars Season 3 Spoilers“A dAngerous gAme” is the titillating name of Pretty Little Liars‘ Season 3 finale — airing this Tuesday at 8/7c — and based on what scene-stealer Janel Parrish tells TVLine, the title couldn’t be more accurate.

Without further adieu, find out what the actress behind Mona — the ABC Family drama’s original ‘A’ — reveals about the season-ending installment, which promises to answer the series’ biggest question yet: Who makes up the complete ‘A’ team?

TVLINE | Give me your very best finale tease. Ready? Go!
Someone comes back from the dead! [Laughs] Which is nice. Fans will really be pleased about that.

TVLINE | Talk a little about Mona’s involvement in the installment.
Mona is… back to being conniving and her old, ‘A’ hoodie-wearing self. She’s hatching a plan that may or may not go her way.

RELATED | Lying Game Finale Recap: A Killer Revealed, a Bittersweet Twin Swap… and a Shocking Death?

TVLINE | After last week’s revelation that Spencer may now be working with Mona, is it safe to assume we’ll see lots of memorable moments between the two in the finale?
Definitely, yes. You will pretty much see the ‘A’ team in its complete form in the finale.

TVLINE | So, Mona, Toby, maybe Spencer and others?
[Pauses] You will finally find out who all is on the ‘A’ team and who all is involved. [Laughs]

TVLINE | What was your reaction upon learning which characters were part of that nefarious crew?
I was shocked. Even though we’re going to give you a bunch of answers, we’re also going to raise a bunch of questions because there’s got to be a Season 4! [Laughs] That’s going to be an amazing season. We’re going to throw some curveballs in there… And you’ll find out more about who that mysterious [person wearing the] red coat is.

RELATED | May Sweeps Scorecard: Who’s Dying, Who’s Getting Hitched, Who’s Breaking Up and More!

TVLINE | Is this newest member — or members — as shocking a reveal as when Mona’s true identity surfaced last season?
The thing about Pretty Little Liars is that everybody is a suspect at some point, which makes the show fun… It will be one of those things where you kind of suspected that person, but you’re still shocked that’s where they went with it… This is the most shocking episode we’ve ever had. Each season, we up the ante just a little bit and it gets more and more shocking. We just started shooting Season 4 last week, and it’s even better than anything we’ve done before! Our writers are amazing and they just keep making it better and better.

TVLINE | Be honest: Do you really, truly ever know what Mona is up to? Because I never do — and still I love her!
I absolutely do not know everything at all! [Laughs] Our producers keep things close to the vest… But I have a pretty good idea of the master plan when it comes to Mona and the ‘A’ Team from bits and pieces that I’ve gathered and from hints that I’ve gotten from the writers… A lot of it is me creating, as Mona, what I think she’s done or what I think she feels, and then letting the producers guide me. But I have to make most of that myself, which is part of the fun of playing a character.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Finales, Interviews, Previews

1. Thiago says:

finally something new, because the show was getting boring!!

2. Ed says:

Well obviously she is referring to Toby coming back from the dead. Though I’d love it to be Alison.

• kavyn says:

Actually, I think it might be Alison. If it were Toby I doubt she would have even brought it up.

• dude says:

The title of the season 4 premier is “A is Alive” I really think it’s Toby. Allison coming back from the dead is a final season revelation. There’s more story to tell with Toby coming back right now.

• Lucy :)) says:

But everyone is kind of expecting Toby to be alive, so I don’t think it would be very shocking

• Kavyn says:

The thing is, I don’t think Alison is the woman in the red coat. I think Alison is also being hunted down just like Jenna and the girls are. I imagine Alison faked her death and will eventually show up, but the problem will be that the girls won’t know if Alison was behind everything or not, which leads to them not being able to trust her.

That’s what I think season 4 is leading into. Alison reveals to the girls she’s alive (which she’s done anyways for each girl, except in each case the girls thought they were delusional), which leads to drama about Alison being the girl in the red coat (which by mid/end of season 4 they find out she isn’t).

Then that can lead into season 5 where they try and take down team A with Alison and Jenna’s help. Or maybe the girl in the red coat IS Jenna. The girl in the red coat appeared after Jenna left town, right?

• Briana says:

I really like this theory and to be honest, I hope it goes this way. I, personally, am hoping the person under the red coat isn’t Alison — they specifically said they follow the books very loosely, and just by comparing the show to the book series, I believe that. That’s why I hope they’ve been building up to make people -really- believe the person in the red coat is Alison, so that once — if, I hope — they reveal that it’s actually not, it will be all the more shocking for the fans.

• Emily says:

toby was never dead, it was jason

3. dude says:

it would be so good for it to be alison but i say she will pop up later on before the show ends. going to be a good finale

4. Eric says:

You know, I am going to be pissed if these crazy and shocking revealing are like the books. They kept saying that Mona’s reveal was shocking, but it wasn’t at all because she was A in the books. This season finale better be good or I’m going to be mad! lol

• kavyn says:

What I was told was that in the book, Mona worked alone, where as on the show Mona had an entire team of people working with her (which was apparently the reason why the book and the show differed).

• dude says:

Mona wasn’t shocking but Toby was. I’m hoping it’s more along the lines of that reveal but since they’re really not hyping the reveals, I’ll assume it’s Melissa and Lucas.

5. Kim says:

I think on of the reasons the finale is called a dangerous game because Spencer is playing a dangerous game by pretending she’s really for the A team. I don’t think she would do that to her girls. Can’t wait til tomorrow :)

6. Mona has really been a bad, bad girl all season long and I hope there’s going to be a real catfight between her and Spencer.

7. Alexis says:

These shows just get better and better but don’t forget that they might be talking about Ian or Alison coming back from the dead….did u forget Ian died cause he got pushed by “A” on the bell tower?plus Toby never died the body was not his and they have no idea where Toby is.just because we are all finding out who “A” is In S3 does not mean pll is over.we still hve things to find out….like in S4 we are gonna find out who pushed Ian off the bell tower and who was wearing the red coat also if Alison is alive or dead and many more to come. Trust me I know pll I have watched the seasons from the first episode down to the last starting a new season.ask me ANYTHING!

• Katie says:

Not trying to be a jerk, but if you knew PLL that well, you would know that Emily’s mom just told Em (who told everyone else, of course) that a second body was found where Spence said it would be, and that it matched Toby’s description.

• Amanda says:

yeah but at the end of the episode the tattoo that Toby has on his back was fading off the corpse. So it may not be Toby, a real tatoo doesnt go away

• Sarah says:

Can’t be Ian. Remember they later found his body. He was shot.

My guess is Allison or Toby.

I think Jason is the one that’s dead. Although Toby died a long time ago in the books so maybe they really did kill him off.

Either way…. I Can’t wait for tonight!!!

• Isabelle says:

I think it’s Jason!

• Ali Dee says:

Not to be a jerk, but we pretty much all have. It would be too difficult to begin watching in the middle of the series. You would be too confused, and it wouldn’t be interesting at all. Please don’t be a know-it-all about a TV show. It’s a TV show.

8. cassey says:

I can’t wait for this finale! Mona is such a great character, and I am loving the interactions between her and Spencer this season. And I love how ABC Family split the seasons of their shows, so that we only have to wait until June for season 4.

9. Alta says:

PLL kind of reminds me of the Venezuelan dram La Mujer de Judas.

10. Carla Morales says:

Hello..?!?!? The tattoo on the 2nd body was smudged.. Toby is not dead..

11. Thejesscen says:

Until we see Toby’s face on the dead body, we should assume he is alive. Same with Alison and Maya.

12. Malin says:

I think its Toby, because if it was Allison it would be to obvious..
    And this show is not to obvious… Haha

13. Sara says:

I have to laugh at how she says that the writers are amazing. Um…whatever you say buddy.

• iMember says:

Not saying the show is perfect, and I’m not saying there aren’t far better shows out there, but let’s see you write a show, get it on air, and keep it going for multiple seasons.

• Nick says:

Haha this! So easy to critique something that you have put absolutely no work into, from the comfort of your couch no less. I agree it’s not a perfect show, but it’s a fun one….not everything has to be Mad Men.

• Pam says:

If you don’t think the show is written well, then you shouldn’t watch it. Your negative attitude is really crappy for those of us who really do enjoy the show

14. She did say someone is coming back from the dead so think about all the people that have quote on quote died these few seasons Alison,Maya i can’t think of anyone else i do believe the body they found is alisons brother or the guy spencer hired to follow toby i dont believe tobys dead at all as for who red coat girl i believe it could be cece,melissa,alison,maya,or even jenna and maybe even Meredith just guessing i may be wrong but i hope my predictions right

15. Elyse says:

I. cant. wait.

16. Rachelle says:

I think that the girl in the read coat is cece drake or jenna bc there both really sketchy characters and after they both left we started seeing the girl in the read coat

17. Andrew says:

What if the girl in the red ccoat is Meredith? I mean, after she went crazy, that’s when she started popping up.

• Ali Dee says:

My guess is no. I actually had the same thought at first, but Merideth is now locked up somewhere that is NOT RADLEY. And she didn’t really have a major role until the middle of season 3, and she was only there for a few episodes, and was never mentioned again. Redcoat first appeared in the finale of season 2, when she talked to Mona in Radley. Merideth wasn’t a part of the story at that point, and she would have no way of knowing Mona. I had the thought at first because she was blonde. Now we know that Redcoat was most likely wearing an Ali mask, she could have been wearing a wig as well. She could even be a He for all we know!

18. Ali Dee says:

… There were no new members revealed, I couldn’t believe it. Yeah, there was the thing with Ali as Redcoat, but they said it was most likely a mask, and we see Spencer, Toby, and Mona on the A Team. Is that it? If so, this has really gotten stupid, and the A Team should be falling apart soon, because 2 of the members are only on the team to find out what Mona is planning next. I hope there is more to the A Team. I can’t wait until season 4!

• LalaLou says:

Actually, they did show that Melissa, Shana and Jenna ARE on the A team because they knew that the girls were all going to be at the lodge and that the tape of Jenna and Shana helping Wilden would be with the girls in the car at the end (they say this in the scene where Emily finds them talking). They were clearly aware of what happened towards the end and are therefore on the A team. I’m sure the A team now knows Toby and Spencer betrayed them and are also targeting Mona now for opening her mouth to the girls about the A team. So season 4 is going to be about finding out who red coat is!

19. pll lover says:

U guys do realize that alison hasva twin named courtney

20. Hello mates, nice post and pleasant urging commented here, I am truly enjoying by these.