TVLine Items: Dexter Finale Confirmed? Plus: Rosie Gets Smash'd, Dixie's New Dude and More

Dexter Season 8 SpoilersIf CBS head honcho Les Moonves is to be believed (which, let’s be honest, he is), Dexter will really, truly wrap its eight-season run this summer.

The corporation’s president and CEO seemingly spilled the beans during a conference call Monday, per Broadcasting & Cable, when he referred to the Showtime saga’s upcoming outing as its “last.”

RELATED | Dexter Update: Walking Dead Bad Guy to Play Assassin Gunning for [Spoiler]

It’s long been rumored that the Dexter series finale is imminent, though Showtime boss David Nevins has been hesitant to confirm reports, saying only, “There’s a clear endgame in place, [but] I can’t talk about it just yet.”

Endgame aside, Dexter launches its next season on Sunday, June 30.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• Rosie O’Donnell took to Twitter Tuesday to announce her upcoming guest spot on Smash. “Love that show so much,” she shared. “I am playing me – luckily I have done a lot of research… It’s the TONY AWARDS episode.”

• Funnyman Rob Huebel (Childrens Hospital) is headed to Hart of Dixie to romance Zoe. Per The Hollywood Reporter, he’ll play the father of Rose’s boyfriend Max.

RELATED | Hart of Dixie: Wilson Bethel & Rachel Bilson Weigh in on Wade and Zoe’s Shocking Break-Up

• Raising Hope exec producer Mike Mariano has been tapped to take over as showrunner for Season 4 of the Fox comedy, Deadline reports. Creator Greg Garcia is leaving the series at the end of this season as part of his overall deal with CBS TV Studios.

• The third season of Disney’s A.N.T. Farm is slated to bow Friday, May 31 at 8/7c with an hourlong installment. Over on Disney Junior, Sofia the First has been renewed for Season 2.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. George says:

I can’t picture Rob Huebel (who I love) on Hart of Dixie, let alone romancing a Rachel Bilson played character!

• Mark says:

Yeah I was just going to make the exact same comment. She is way too pretty (and young (12 year age diff)) for him. I however don’t particularly like this actor although he was okay in Up All Night.

• Em says:

I feel the same way. This’ll be interesting to see him in a charming, non-smarmy, role. Exciting!

• sarah says:

I feel the same way too! My chances of staying with HOD are more slim now! At least tonight she will hook up with Lemon’s cousin he is cute!

2. Missy says:

My kids will be excited to hear that they get more Sofia the First! Now I just need to know if Bunheads will be coming back.

• Gillian says:

My son & daughter both love Sofia The First. So glad it is returning for a second season! As for Rosie on Smash, they certainly have tried hard to destroy this once great show in its second season. Not surprised by this latest news. It is sad to see how low it has sunk.

3. forwarddad says:

Why why why Rosie on Smash :-(

• Andrea says:

I understand that Rosie likes Broadway, but it’s good she won’t be ON Broadway in this episode. I saw her in Fiddler on the Roof years ago, and she was terrible!

• amy says:

Because Josh Safran doesn’t know what he’s doing. He had Tyra Banks and Hilary Duff guest star on GG.

4. Steven says:

I hope Raising Hope can sustain it’s quality without Greg.

5. Faster says:

Makes sense for Dexter to end this upcoming season. I hope this sticks.

6. Jeri says:

HoD Sorry to see Zoe & Wade break up but he left her no choice. Wade really blew it. I liked them together, but wished he’d grow his hair out or something.

7. Tran says:

Dexter better end after eight seasons if Showtime still has the “guts” to do so.

8. Drew says:

I wonder if we can petition NBC to release a special edition version of that Smash episode on Hulu, where all of Rosie’s scenes are edited out.