Grey's Anatomy Recap: Going, Going…

Get More: Recaps

SANDRA OH, SARA RAMIREZ, JESSICA CAPSHAW, PATRICK DEMPSEY, ELLEN POMPEOThis week on Grey’s Anatomy, Team Megabucks (Derek, Meredith, Callie, Arizona and Cristina) jumps through one hoop after another to convince a gazillionaire to invest $175 million in their purchase of Seattle Grace. But, because not one of them is an administrator, he passes. “I’m not feeling this,” he says. Luckily, (a) we cannot reach through the TV screen to smack him upside the head, and (b) Team Megabucks just happens to know a coupla crackerjack administrators…

CHOP, CHOP, BIZ, BIZ | Before Team Megabucks gets that far with their master plan to save both the hospital and the day, Alana tells Owen that she’s managed to bring Pegasus Horizons back to the negotiating table. What she doesn’t tell him is that they’re only interested in buying Seattle Grace for scrap! He finds out pretty quickly, though: As soon as Heather (over)hears about it, she informs Bailey, then – ignoring Bailey’s order to keep her lips zipped – blabs to everybody else. Finally, Owen gets clued in when Shane asks him – during surgery, natch! – if the rumor’s true.

OPEN HEART | While Stephanie admits to Leah that, when Seattle Grace closes up shop, she’ll follow Jackson pretty much wherever he goes, he seems decidedly less… well, decided about their future. Elsewhere, Jo tearfully confesses to Alex that she would hate to never see him again. Somehow, even this revelation does not result in the two of them kissing.

RUNNING OUT OF TIME | With their gazillionaire about to jet off to Dubai, Team Megabucks has to hustle to recruit Richard and Owen to be their administrators. Once they’re on board – hey, they’re hardly tough to sell on the idea – Richard joins Derek for a final pitch to Richie Rich, and Owen talks the board into postponing the (liquidation) sale to Pegasus Horizons. Alas, it’s all for naught: The gazillionaire still isn’t “feeling it.” (And again, he’s lucky we can’t reach through the TV to smack him.)

MAMMA MIA | Later, Richard fills in Catherine on Team Megabucks’ failed attempt to purchase Seattle Grace. “How much money did you need?” she (pretty much) asks. And boom! The morning after, she announces that the Harper Avery Foundation would be happy to fork over the dough – on one condition: They get a rep on the board. “Sure, sure, you name it,” everybody replies. That is, until Catherine turns to Jackson and delivers the best line of the night: “Give your mama a kiss – she just bought you a hospital!”

Okay, your turn. What did you think? Were you disappointed that Catherine gave the board seat to Jackson instead of taking it for herself? (Personally, I’d love to see Debbie Allen in every episode.) Did you agree with what Owen said – that Bailey is the heart of the hospital? Do you think he’ll be able to forgive Cristina? And, on a completely shallow note, how freakin’ cute is Heather’s new haircut? Sound off below!

Comments (114)

• not sure how I feel about Jackson being in charge… he’s not my favorite character. But happy someone bought the hospital!

Comment by J – February 21, 2013 07:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah I agree. I was hoping Jackson would leave but this is an interesting way to make him relevant again.

Comment by Shuayb. – February 22, 2013 12:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Mamma’s boy in charge. I wonder If he wants to be in that position because he has always wanted to succeed under his own name and not from under the umbrella of his family name; If he fails it will all be on him but if he succeeds, then it will be to the credit of his family. This is what makes this situation very interesting.

Comment by ♫Let's Run Away♫ (@jerryt9789) – February 22, 2013 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think Jackson will stay on the board long. Between his desire to succeed of his own merit and his love of surgery, I think he and mama will have a showdown before too long and he’ll be off the board. But that leaves a board position open for mama to take herself, giving her a reason to stay in Seattle with Richard.

Comment by LC – February 22, 2013 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think Jackson will struggle in this role. Expect his mom to pop in a lot plus she like to meddle. The other docs won’t like it either at first.

Comment by nibbles – February 26, 2013 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved this episode. I want Debbie Allen there full time- she adds so much life to the show and lights up the screen. It also puts Jackson and Meredith on a similar level with their overbearing mothers. I love her. Owen is going to forgive Cristina and I knew Richard was coming in on the deal. I love Jo and Alex 100%.

Comment by Rob – February 21, 2013 07:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So now we have to re-write Lydia Grant’s Fame voice-over for Grey’s…

Comment by Absurdist – February 21, 2013 08:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m guessing maybe she may direct more episodes. I did love that line about kiss your mama, she just bought you a hospital and Jackson’s face. LOL

Comment by bjohns – February 22, 2013 04:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. Mama Avery should sit on the board instead. It would be more interesting…or if Jackson agrees to sit on the board, it’ll just create more conflicts between him and his mom. Jackson is too green. I kept remembering him as a complete screw up during his residency rotations. He’s always been portrayed as the pretty boy with no skills. At least he’s finally found his groove with plastics. Just let him pretend as a silent board member and continue as a plastics surgeon.

Comment by nibbles – February 22, 2013 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved this episode. I just hope ‘Mousy’ gets more air time. I fell in love with her after the Arizona wheelchair bit and she’s the only intern I care for.

Loving the twist, it’ll be interesting to see what Avery does!

Comment by kavyn – February 21, 2013 08:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree! Mousey has been the only intern that seems interesting & funny enough, the others are just irritating to watch. I can see there will be tension with Jackson being in charge, but just glad that the hospital is saved!

Comment by Emily – February 21, 2013 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Definitely like Mousey (and how no one knew her real name but Meredith!), but I was definitely hoping they were going to set Richard up as the chair. He even had that same anticipation on his face, before Catherine said it was Jackson. Maybe Jackson will appoint Richard as his representative to serve on the board.

Comment by Meg – February 22, 2013 09:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Are we watching the same show? Owen already forgave Cristina. They were drinking together with Alex plus they were, holding hands in the last scene. Your insinuation that Owen would sleep with Cahill in last week’s recap turned out to be so OFF-BASE. Good grief, man.

Comment by cc – February 21, 2013 08:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • thank you for that!! i mean they had more than a couple of scene and dialogues. the only way one can miss it was if they switched the tv off, seriously!

Comment by dil – February 22, 2013 12:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved the pace of this episode. I’m on board with the whole hospital being sold even though the road there was sloppy and ill planned. So I liked the episode although the last April/Shane moment was irrelevant and took up precious time. And for the first time I really disliked Shane for being so disrespectful to April and Owen in the OR. That was not courage, he was being belligerent. But the part that ruined everything for me was the last minute when Jacskon became a board member. Whatever happened to ‘nepotism is for the weak?” I literally just blurted out, ‘gross’. How can Shonda think is ok to give Mr. Junior Manwhore the same stature as the rest of the attendings that have been there for years and have earned their place. This is literally disgusting and distasteful. I haven’t had such a negative reaction to a storyline since Callie announced to Arizona she was pregnant with Mark’s baby. For sure, to see Avery acting like a big shot hospital owner would make me want to stop watching. He’s immature and arrogant. Not to long ago he disrespected Arizona when she disagreed with his course of action. Imagine what he would do as a board member. Yuck! Maybe Shonda is trying to move Jesse into the spotlight to take over McDreamy duties if Patrick bails at the end of S10 and ABC wants to give GA another season. If that’s the case, I’m out. Sorry for the rant…

Comment by Ana – February 21, 2013 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • We’re you even paying attention? Jackson clearly did not look that happy about his mom’s plan.

Comment by Emily – February 21, 2013 08:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thank you! No one but “Mama” looked happy about that little announcement. I’m sure Jackson will feel like his mom is trying to control his life again and the rest of the board will have a difficult time with it as well. Should make for an interesting rest of the season though!

Comment by Lyndsey – February 21, 2013 09:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That doesn’t change the fact that he is being appointed to the board and that he is extremely arrogant by nature. The fact that he may be an unwilling participant would not preclude him from being a douche..

Comment by Ana – February 21, 2013 09:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • He has no problem being a douche, but not at moms expenses. I knew the money would come from the foundation the minute i saw his mama on screen, but i know that he hated it, and hated her. He dowsn’t want to get anywhere because of his lastname, it’s possible that the next episodes in he resign from the hospital at all. He won’t be on the way of the rest of the board, but he might do anything to get himself fired from the position.

Comment by ' – February 21, 2013 09:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • That is a lovely thought. I sincerely hope that he seeks and finds a way to get himself out of this. I think he knows he’s not ready and he would be out of place. As far as him being a douche at mom’s expense, well, last season he was pretty rude to the girl that Katherine ordered to hang out with him so she could spy on him. He knew that the girl worked for his mom and he didn’t care. She had to stand up to him and put him in his place before he de-puffed his chest. So, I think he has it in him. But here’s hoping for the best…

Comment by Ana – February 21, 2013 10:02 PM PDT
          • He won’t. If he is not there than the Harper Avery Foundation won’t back the others. The next half of the season will be trying to come to terms with what they did.

Comment by Shuayb. – February 22, 2013 12:52 AM PDT
    • Where have you been? He’s the same level (attendings) they are but came from Mercy West with Aprill (and the others who died in the shooting). He took over for Sloan. He’s not an intern. He doesn’t want the position which is why he has resisted going back to Boston. Mama just found a way to get him involved with the Foundation so she gets her way.

Comment by GS – February 22, 2013 06:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I have been watching Greys for years. I am aware that he’s an attending. However, he can’t match the accomplishments of the others. And he doesn’t have the influence, maturity and credibility that the others have. He knows he doesn’t belong there. Much less.be their boss. It’s a slap on the face to them who have been trying their darnest to save the hospital. Suddenly Mr. Wet-behind the ears is their boss? It’s insulting. Can you imagine Derek, the neuro god, having to answer to Avery? Nepotism exists, but there’s a very good reason why it is such a despised practice. Avery SHOULD be embarrassed and he SHOULD quit. It not only reflects bad on him, it reflects even worst on Katherine. She knows nepotism is for the weak because it negates your personal accomplishments and strips you of credibility not to mention it engenders resentment and ill-will.

Comment by Ana – February 22, 2013 08:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Avery is NOT an attending. He is a plastics fellow – still in training. Realistically, he would be working under a board certified plastic surgeon. However, Grey’s has never followed how real hospitals work. There’s not enough time to point out all of Grey’s discrepancies. Although it appears so, Avery’s not qualified enough to be a board certified plastic surgeon and couldn’t take over for Sloan. He’s certified in surgery only, not the subspecialty of plastic and reconstructive surgery. Sloan was double boarded in plastics and ENT. Avery is far, far from that. Same goes for Cristina – she’s a fellow. That being said, Avery’s confrontation with Arizona, an attending, could have easily brought him disciplinary action. He was totally out of line in the way he spoke to Arizona.

Comment by Red – February 22, 2013 08:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “…Mr. Junior Manwhore the same stature as the rest of the attendings that have been there for years and have earned their place….”

Yeah, because nepotism doesn’t happen in real life! We’ll have sons following father as President soon.

Comment by cuius – February 22, 2013 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Soooo not the same thing. Presidents get elected, not appointed…

Comment by Ana – February 22, 2013 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL you do know this is only a tv show, right? Because…yikes.

Comment by Ruby – February 22, 2013 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I completely disagree with the part about Jackson being disrespectful towards Arizona. It was his patient it was his call. That was him stepping up as and doing what was right and best for his patient. Now as far as him being everyone’s boss I don’t see that going well, but I have hope that it will.

Comment by mera22 – February 22, 2013 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thank you! I agree with this! And to be honest, he looked about as thrilled with the thought of being everyone’s boss as everybody else did.

Comment by Kelli – February 22, 2013 10:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would really like to see a relationship between Richard and Bailey. I saw something between them in the limo scene when Bailey got married.

Comment by Richard N. – February 21, 2013 08:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I never saw it that way at all. It actually kind of creeps me out to think of it like that. I love their relationship the way it is. Mentor/student, very close friends. I always found their relationship to be more of a father/daughter kind of thing

Comment by A – February 21, 2013 09:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Babar Suhail (@BabarSuhail) – February 22, 2013 02:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Just no…father/daughter relationship has been implied. Anything else would just be gross!

Comment by GS – February 22, 2013 06:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Disgusting. That “thing” you saw was the father/daughter, mentor/mentee relationship that has been well established these past nine years.

Comment by Gotta Have 'Em All – February 22, 2013 05:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, this should add some nice drama for Jesse Williams. I like the twist…..but I kinda wish Katherine was on the board.

Comment by Alichat – February 21, 2013 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • a week ago i would have wanted debbie allen as a regular on the show, until i found out she invited chris brown to a children’s charity event last week. now she doesn’t exist to me. k, thanks.

Comment by Rocky – February 21, 2013 08:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Harsh…but I have to admit I had the same reaction. I was deeply disappointed by her endorsement of a woman beater as some kind of humanitarian hero…

Comment by Ana – February 21, 2013 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • so she can’t try to help a young (23) man try to mature? his mother enables him. she’s just there for her daily allowance. chris needs a mature wise woman to mentor him. chris is young and immature. she is perfect

Comment by bigdede – February 22, 2013 02:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Very naive…

Comment by Ana – February 22, 2013 08:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Or maybe open-minded and a subscription to the philosophy that people can change?

Comment by Meg – February 22, 2013 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Some people can change.. The once who show remorse for their acti

Comment by 777 – February 22, 2013 09:23 AM PDT
          • Sorry about the last post, it got sent in the middle of the writing…
            All I meant to say is that some people can change, but Chris Brown is not one of them.

Comment by 777 – February 22, 2013 09:30 AM PDT
  • I was surprised by the outcome. I do like to see Debbie Allen on the show more and for her to run the hospital. An interesting storyline for Jackson

Comment by me – February 21, 2013 08:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And for Richard, I think he and Catherine should be together.

Comment by Alia – February 22, 2013 03:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I seriously have no idea where this show is going anymore at this point.

Comment by Jarrod Mitchell – February 21, 2013 08:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love GA and I do like this season but sometimes I just wish it was more of a similar pace as Scandal. This exact same storyline would have been finished in 2 episodes (3 max) if it were on Scandal. It took 16 episodes into this season for this storyline of lawsuit/buying the hospital to be resolved. I understand its difficult to resolve a huge plot this so quickly but i mean the season is more than half way through….
    Not too pleased with idea of Jackson’s new position/new story arc but then again I’m glad this whole buying the hospital storyline is over. The only interns I like are Heather, Jo, and Ross. I loved ‘mousy’. I hope they give her more screen time. I’m so over Stephanie and Leah’s presence is pointless.
    I really like Jo/Alex. Owen and Christina need to be done with already. I wouldn’t mind them if I didn’t already know that things just won’t end well for them. Its like watching a sinking ship in extremely slow motion.

Comment by A – February 21, 2013 09:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So relieved the hospital isn’t going to be shut down or sold off to Pegasus!! As for Jackson being on the board/the main owner, I’m not really concerned, I don’t think he wants to be the owner of a hospital….To sum up, all I can say about this episode is, what a relief!

Comment by Rachel – February 21, 2013 09:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I knew as soon as Catherine stepped foot into that hospital that the Harper Avery Foundation was buying Seattle Grace. Talk about deus ex machina.

I don’t like the idea of Jackson being in charge though, but I LOVE that he doesn’t love the idea. He looked completely annoyed by the prospect, as did everyone else. This has huge potential.

Comment by the girl – February 21, 2013 09:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That IS the one bright spot. The fact that he’s being forced into it and that the others are not happy about this caveat. I’m hoping that this will somehow be corrected/addressed.

Comment by Ana – February 21, 2013 09:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Owen did not sleep with Cahill. Suck it haters! So unfair to blame this man for ONE mistake others on this show did as hobby ALL THE TIME! hypocrates!

Comment by Nina – February 21, 2013 09:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ONE!
      You have to learn to count. And through your fingers.
      It must be really bad to not understand 90% of the show, right?

Comment by suckers never stop – February 22, 2013 02:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No one cares what you say.esp. not ne.lol.owen cheated ONCE. I dont need fingers to count that

Comment by nina – February 22, 2013 02:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • See what I mean? You not only don’t understand 90% of what you see in Tv as you don’t understand 90% of what you read. Go back and read it again.
          By the way, here about 90% of readers don’t care about your passionate defenses on this jerk, so don’t try to shove him down others gullets, by calling the other readers hypocrites when they don’t share your view on the subject.

Comment by suckers never stop – February 22, 2013 06:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So if it wasn’t just once how many times was it?

Comment by Elyse – February 22, 2013 05:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Elyse, he cheated once but he made much more mistakes against her since the beginning. That was what I was stating and something largely accepted by all, except for a small group that try to bully others into a notion that the man is perfect. That one mistake was just one among many. Trying to paint the man as a criature that only did a single mistake is inaccurate.

Comment by suckers never stop – February 22, 2013 06:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • It’s almost as though he’s a character on a TV show whose very existence depends on him and all the other characters making mistakes to further the plot lines! I say we kick his butt!

Comment by Alice – February 22, 2013 08:06 AM PDT
  • First I was like: “Omg they are shipping them all to Boston”

Then: “Oh cool, the mom is gonna be the new boss now. I like her character”

And then: “Huh, Jackson?”

Comment by Ian – February 21, 2013 09:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL!

Comment by Elyse – February 22, 2013 05:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. Same reaction. I’m hopeful that he’ll refuse or step down soon when it begins to interfere with his surgeries–and then Mama will be forced to take his spot. She won’t even have to be a regular–just implied in conversations. Adele was never a regular, and neither are any of the board members. They could keep her status as recurring if they don’t want her full-time.

Comment by Tina – February 22, 2013 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL! Me too! Same reaction – and hell, I actually like Jackson…well, I like to look at him…

Comment by Gotta Have 'Em All – February 22, 2013 05:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I predicted this outcome last week when Avery said his mom wanted him more involved with foundation and accountant told group they needed a non profit to back them.

Comment by Barb – February 21, 2013 09:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Jackson especially when he was still with April I like them together. Well I do hope that now that they bought the hospital they can all move on and don’t use it as a conflict… Right?! I think it’s too early for that maybe save it for next season? Thanks!

Comment by JadedGrey – February 21, 2013 09:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Watching the last minute of this episode left me a very sour taste I don’t like that Jackson will be in charge I mean the boss of the best neuro seurgeon in primetime really???!’nn

Comment by JadedGrey – February 21, 2013 10:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t understand all the hysteria (everyone’s, not just yours). One member of a board does not a dictator make. He’s powerless alone, so he’ll hardly be making decisions that impact the minutia of McDreamy’s surgeries. Everyone needs to take a deep breath and realize that we’ll be complaining about entirely different plot lines by the May finale.

Comment by Alice – February 22, 2013 08:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Do you understand the role of a board? They’re not just a bureaucratic and symbolic figure. They determine the direction of the hospital. They make the decisions. Whether it is to merge (like with Mercy West), to hire, to sell, what protocols will be adopted, what will be the focus and direction. They macro manage the place. And the CEO of the board is the most powerful of the bunch. And that’s in essence.what Avery would become.

Comment by Ana – February 22, 2013 08:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Oh darling girl, I clearly understand the role of a hospital board far better than you do. The efficacy of a board is entirely contingent on the financial success and stability of the institution. They would specify financial objectives, monitor the ongoing progress of steps being taken to meet those objectives, ensure funding was appropriately allocated, and to enhance creditworthiness of the institution to allow for further expansion in the future. The board has very little to do with the day-to-day functioning of the hospital and if we’re accepting that the plane crash victims were being sincere in their desire to see the hospital reemerge as a cutting-edge research and development hospital, there is little chance the board would interfere with the cases the world-class doctors would choose to take on. This is especially true considering that the board members of hospitals are frequently not doctors at all. They’re financiers. Thus, their business in the sale of the hospital. And also, no, he would not be the CEO (what you meant was director or chairman, by the way. A Chief Executive Officer is a completely different entity from the board. It’s as though you’re talking about a delicious orange you just picked from an apple tree), and the head of the board would be elected by the members not by the financial investors, no matter how much money they’ve sunk into the place.

Comment by Alice – February 22, 2013 09:00 AM PDT
          • This sounds like a “ripped from the headlines” story, in which Mama Avery will groom Jackson into a Helen Dragas (UVa) kind of character, and then they’ll try to push someone out and everyone will quit again…sounds like Season 10!

Comment by Meg – February 22, 2013 09:19 AM PDT
          • Damn. Thats how you get schooled in finance.

Comment by JavaJoe – February 22, 2013 10:51 AM PDT
          • @Alice
            Perhaps you were too preoccupied with asserting your own sense of superiority and trying to be as dismissive and condescending as possible as to miss the fact that I referred to ‘macro’ management. I assume you understand the implications of that. Nothing that you have said in regards to the function of the board contradicts my argument. But you fail to take context into consideration. We are talking about a fictional organization so you have to draw conclusions from the facts that have already been presented to you. Last week we saw Bailey’s frustration when THE BOARD would not approve a procedure she was requesting. Owen never took it to the board because he knew it would not be approved. So, yeah, this particular board does in fact impact the day to day operations. Does it disturb you that I used the term CEO as though a Chairperson cannot also function as CEO? Wow. You are too wrapped up in your sense of self-importance. In your perfect world, theory always trumps reality? Did you not see that Katherine unilaterally appointed Jackson to be ‘in charge’ without consulting the other doctors who would make up the new board? The problem with people in soapboxes is that they are too high to see what happens on the ground…

Comment by Ana – February 22, 2013 11:28 AM PDT
        • This is a very enlightening thread. Key point being that Avery is now the largest stakeholder. That carries a lot of weight with any board.

Comment by Cyndi – February 22, 2013 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMg yes would have love to see some more momma avery!! i love both the relationship between her and richard and her and jackson :)

Comment by Louise – February 21, 2013 10:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad the hospital was saved, I don’t much care who is on the board but, with Jackson on the board it sure opens up a great story line.

Comment by Susan Sternal Cotton – February 21, 2013 10:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As someone who works for a non profit. Avery is simply going to have majority position on board along with the others. He isn’t necessarily the boss or mgt just as the previous board only made certain decisions. Difference between governance and operations.

Comment by Barb – February 21, 2013 10:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The hospital is not a non profit institution. The analogy is invalid. And I was a board member of a non profit for years. They are not all run the same way. And they can be engaged in for profit ventures which cannot be managed the same way. The role of board members is fluid its not monolithic.

Comment by Ana – February 22, 2013 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I call bullsh*t here. Judging by your comments you have no idea how a bod works, so the idea that you ever served on one doesn’t pass a sniff test.

Comment by JavaJoe – February 22, 2013 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • LOL! That fact could be easily verifiable as all the 501(C)3 documentation was filed with the state… I was in fact a member of two boards. One for about 9 years as COO and Secretary/Treasurer and another for about 3 months where I was actually voted in as President. And I quit the last one precisely because of what goes on in the boardroom. One thing is what is supposed to happen on paper and another is what actually happens. If you knew ANYTHING about running an organization you would know this…

Comment by Ana – February 22, 2013 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Yep. I don’t believe a single word of it.

Comment by JavaJoe – February 22, 2013 11:40 AM PDT
          • Hey @JavaJJoe
            You are free to drown in your own ignorance, it still won’t change the facts.

Comment by Ana – February 22, 2013 11:51 AM PDT
  • Of course whole situation is fertile ground for all Avery’s family issue to percolate. Richard will likely run the place again because he is sleeping with the funder.

Comment by Barb – February 21, 2013 10:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Avery is just embarrassed about his family’s money. He is the same character as John carter was on ER.

Comment by Barb – February 21, 2013 10:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved the last line. Replayed it twice.

As for Jackson on the board… Nepotism exists. That’s why there’s a word for it.

Hopefully, this story is only meant to go toward giving us enough drama to make it through last season of the show.

Comment by Ashley – February 21, 2013 10:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What is the Harper Avery foundation and how did she have have 175 million?! Sorry I must be missing something!

Comment by Nat – February 21, 2013 10:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Harper Avery is Jackson’s grandfather. He is supposed to be one of the most brilliant surgeons ever. His foundation gives out the Harper Avery award which in Grey’s universe is supposed to be the pinnacle of surgical excellence. Ellis Grey, Meredith’s mother won two Harper Avery awards. As a foundation, it is probably extremely well funded.

Comment by CC – February 22, 2013 01:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omg this episode was really good and now the hospital I saved I think Jackson will give Webber the job, how many weeks do we need to wait for next episode? 2 or 3 weeks?

Comment by Jess – February 22, 2013 12:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • do you guys switch off the tv when owen come on?

OWEN ALREADY FORGAVE CRISTINA. wake up.

Comment by dil – February 22, 2013 12:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Right.apparently some dont watch this show.

Comment by nina – February 22, 2013 02:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If we switch off the TV when Owen comes in? NO, we fastforward!

Comment by Rod – February 23, 2013 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best show ever :) love how it ended last night, can’t wait to se what happens in next episode, hate it when day have break. Thank god for Netflix season 1 here we come :)

Comment by Heather – February 22, 2013 04:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish Jackson’s mom had taken the position. It’ll be interesting to see what Jackson does. I love Jackson but am not thrilled with this storyline for him. I’m surprised by the Jackson bashing. He didn’t ask for this and he’s not a ‘douche’ as some so childishly stated. A little arrogance is okay as long as you put in the work and effort. He does that. Give him a break. PS. He was right when Arizona challenged him. She’s just another doctor–not God. He went with a better option and was right. That doesn’t make him arrogant. It makes him smart to follow his instincts. But this entire storyline has been weird to me. I kind of hate the entire story. I also used to love Crowen. But it seems like they’re destined for failure. So I’m getting over them.

Comment by Victoria – February 22, 2013 04:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved the show. I was so happy someone invested in the hospital. However, that other investor was right. None of them have administrative experience and yeah they are thinking of bringing in Owen and Richard but I don’t know if they still can with Jackson as one of the board members. I was hoping Debbie Allen would take the position but I understand why she chose Jackson. That’s her son and the foundation is his legacy. I didn’t see previews for next week but I still hope there is an episode!!!!

Comment by Sam – February 22, 2013 04:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What I find amazing was that Derek was on a plane!! (well almost, an helicopter) and no one spoke about this??

Comment by Liz – February 22, 2013 05:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think it was implied. They only had room for two out of “Team Megabucks” Derek is the oldest, has the most experience and most fame. So it was like sending their biggest player to fly and say, “We’re willing to do anything to take the next step and making this work.”

Comment by B – February 22, 2013 06:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think it’s a new episode on Greys next week, I think it’s a break 2 or 3 weeks like last year, because on ABC homepage it says greys anatomy returns 7 march, but its episode 11 that will air, so i’am thinking 14 march all new episode is airing omg can’t wait

Comment by Jess – February 22, 2013 05:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe I didn’t see that one coming! Should be interesting.

Comment by Elyse – February 22, 2013 05:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was happy that they didn’t go ‘there’ with Cahill and Owen.It looked on the cards after the last episode..Thought Jackson getting the seat on the board was surprising too..

Comment by Mike Ross – February 22, 2013 06:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HATE that Jackson basically is in charge!!! I can’t believe it – and yet it’s typical for Shonda to do this! Angry! (But hey, Mer/Der is fine so I can’t complain… so just one ! and not three !!!)

Comment by Caro – February 22, 2013 06:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • At one point, I thought Bailey would be named chief / head administrator… and that would convince the dude with the money to invest.

Comment by David – February 22, 2013 07:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just glad this dragged out story line is wrapping up. I guess this means momma’s boy is going to get more screen time which I am not looking forward to.

Comment by Nancey – February 22, 2013 07:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why does everyone act like Jackson will now be running the hospital? He wasn’t named Chief. He has a seat on the board. And didn’t look too thrilled about it either. Plus, as a board member, he gets ONE vote, just like every other member. He’s not supremely in charge.

Comment by Michelle – February 22, 2013 07:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because Katherine made it clear that he would be in charge. Not an equal but in fact, the boss.

Comment by Ana – February 22, 2013 08:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You are so correct. I think not everyone realizes how a board of directors works. The board does not walk around the hospital giving orders. The head of the board of directors is the Chairman of the Board. Jackson will be a member of the board. He will have one vote just like all the other members of the board. The Chief reports directly to the Board. The doctors will report to the Chief. None thing changes except that Jackson will have more responsibility and authority but will not be a direct boss.

Comment by Eliza – February 22, 2013 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I do not care for Jackson but you know that was where her loyalty lays. Why would he have been invited if not for that reason. I think that it should have gone to Weber. I think that the others who had worked so hard for this would have agreed to this. I do not care for the Catherine character at all. She wants to be seen as the angel who steps in and corrects all the problems. He rhalo is being polished.

Comment by Maureen – February 22, 2013 08:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mousy is the best, Jo is the worst, and Catherine Avery is great on the show (I’m sure Debbie Allen is far too busy to be anything more than a recurring guest star, but when they use her they use her right!).
    I loved how some of them, Jackson included, looked towards Richard when she mentioned picking “one of their own” to be on the board. Jackson’s WTF look on his face when mama presented his gift tells me that he may not really want the responsibility his family’s foundation has thrust upon him.
    I’m just glad that this part of the story is over and we now get to see how everyone adjusts to the changes and chaos that is bound to ensue.

Comment by marge – February 22, 2013 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with you. I like Mousy and Shane the best. I hate Hobo Jo. I wish they would find someone better than her for Alex.

Comment by Luke – February 23, 2013 05:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My first thought when I learned Jackson would be in charge was simply “Aw, he’s going to have to cut down on surgeries…” It’s really not that big of a deal that he’ll be on the board. He’ll likely hate it, but I doubt he’s going to try to change anything. I don’t remember him ever expressing a desire to change anything about the hospital. And why do so many people hate him? I like him, but that could just be because I’ve met Jesse Williams in person and he was really nice…
    Random note: I despise Mousy. I keep hoping someone will fire her. And Leah. And April. All the annoying girls, really.

Comment by Samiya – February 22, 2013 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • stephanie and Jackson are perfect 2geda.April is just annoying..Bailey shld b made Chief,afterall she’s d heart of d hospital..

Comment by wendy – February 22, 2013 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HER HAIR IS HIDEOUS

Comment by Mousey – February 22, 2013 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, Mousey’s hair is gross

Comment by Mousey – February 22, 2013 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It makes sense he is a Plastic Surgeon how many more storyline could they do with that. He barely had any this year only one he has had is with his love life

Comment by ggny – February 22, 2013 07:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am sure Avery doesn’t want the job and after a few episodes and some drama about it, he’ll step down and appoint Weber in his place. Weber did say to Catherine that he was thinking about retiring. This would keep him involved but allow him to stop doing surgeries. It makes sense. Everyone should stop freaking out about Avery being “the boss”. He clearly wasn’t happy about it and I can promise you the season won’t end with him in that role.

Comment by JLC – February 28, 2013 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First off… can people please stop having life changing convos and arguments DURING surgeries!???! So many people would be dead by now.
    Happy that the fate of the hospital is finally tied down, and also happy that I was right that Owen wasn’t going to band Cahill.
    Although, would her foundation really have that much cash????
    And Bailey is totally and completely the heart and soul of that place. Shonda would do well to remember that and give her more lines sometimes..

Comment by Danielle H. – February 28, 2013 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i agree with everything i think we will be supprised with the out come

Comment by kathy – March 5, 2013 12:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Jackson on the board makes a great story. I think it will be fun to see what happens!

Comment by Kelly – March 10, 2013 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post