What to Watch Tuesday: Body of Proof Returns, a Cult Forms, Wild Cougar Flashbacks and More

DANA DELANY, MARK VALLEYOn TV this Tuesday: ABC’s Body of Proof returns with a fresh look, The CW starts a Cult, New Girl faces a condom conundrum, Cougar Town cues up revealing flashbacks and more. As a supplement to TVLine’s original features (linked within), here are 10 programs to keep on your radar.

PREVIEW | NCIS‘ Rocky Carroll on Vance’s Return, His Sobering Discovery and a New Bond With Gibbs

PREVIEW | Hart of Dixie Video: Find Out Who’s Getting Married — and Watch the Killer Proposal

8 pm Raising Hope (Fox) | The Ghost of Arbor Day Past, Present and Future (Beverly Hills, 90210‘s Luke Perry) pays a visit to Sabrina after she opposes the way the Chances celebrate the holiday.

PREVIEW | The Lying Game First Look: Ethan and Thayer Fight for Emma – Literally!

PREVIEW | Go On First Look: Ryan and Simone Plan a Romantic Retreat – Will Mr. K Tag Along?

9 pm Cult (The CW) | Series premiere: A disgraced reporter (The Vampire Diaries‘ Matt Davis) investigates the remarkably rabid fan base CULT of a CW series about a cult leader (Prison Break‘s Robert Knepper). Joining the journo in his quest for the truth is a production assistant (Melrose Place‘s Jessica Lucas) on the show-within-a-show. Alona Tal (Veronica Mars) plays an actress on The CW’s Cult (no, the other one). Read my First Impression, but first have Tylenol in hand.

9 pm NCIS: Los Angeles (CBS) | The search for the lone survivor of a terrorist organization sends Kensi and Deeks “into the woods.” (Quotation marks are mine, purely to titillate.)

9 pm New Girl (Fox) | Jess and the roommates battle it out over a coveted parking space; Winston has a hard time finding a condom. (Watch a fun promo.)

9:30 pm The Mindy Project (Fox) | When Mindy gets invited to host a medical segment on the local news, she turns to an unexpected source to help her prepare for her new gig. Possible hint: Maria Menounos, who once felt my bicep at a party, guest-stars.

PREVIEW | White Collar Video: Neal and Sara Have a Flirty Interlude by a Fantastic Fountain

10 pm Body of Proof (ABC) | Season 3 premiere, Part 1: When Megan returns to work months after Peter’s “exit,” she’s shocked to bump into a man from her past — newly transplanted police detective Tommy Sullivan (Human Target‘s Mark Valley). And then her daughter Alexis Lacey is kidnapped. Annie Wersching (24) guest-stars. (Get scoop on the new season, catch up on the cast changes and watch a sneak peek.)

10 pm Vegas (CBS) | Savino, Mia and Tommy have their hands full when a Hollywood producer and his starlet (new recurring player Anna Camp, The Good Wife) breeze into the Savoy.

10 pm Smash (NBC) | Eileen asks Tom and Julia to contend with an unwelcome new collaborator (Rescue Me‘s Daniel Sunjata), COUGAR TOWNDerek attempts to get Ronnie back on his side, and help from an old friend might lead Ivy a step closer to her dream.

10 pm Justified (FX) | Raylan finds himself caught between a foxy grifter and an old nemesis out for revenge.

10 pm Cougar Town (TBS) | As the Cul de Sac Crew jumps to judge potential new neighbors, they grow nostalgic about when “redneck” Bobby and Jules first moved into the neighborhood. Cue new, funny flashbacks to many first meetings.

Hit the comments with your must-see picks from tonight’s lineup!

Comments (62)

• Pretty Little Liars and Lyng Game will be the only shows i watch live tonight! i’ll give Cult a chance but it’ll have to be DVR’d since its on at the same time as LG! do any other TVline readers have Directv? i just found out were losing the CW on March 1st. whats up with that?

Comment by Elyse – February 19, 2013 04:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What??? My hubby and I will have a big fight if that’s the case and I’ll be going to U-verse. He can get over the NFL Network. I will not lose my Vampire Diaries and Beauty and the Beast!

Comment by GS – February 19, 2013 07:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I wish U Verse in my area offered the CW channel. That way I could switch.

Comment by cas – February 19, 2013 08:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i was watching last nights Carrie Diaries and at the top of the screen it was saying how on March 1st directv customers would be losing the CW… i watch most of the CW shows so i am NOT happy. the only other option in my area is Time Warner and they are the WORST so theres no way i will switch back.

Comment by Elyse – February 19, 2013 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Have you considered just putting the rabbit ears back up and watching for free? There are large chunks of America where that’s still an option.

Comment by Jay – February 19, 2013 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • then I wouldn’t have my DVR. so that wouldn’t be an option for me!

Comment by Elyse – February 19, 2013 10:46 AM PDT
        • Hulu has most of the CW shows, and the CW streams them. At least there’s that. (Some networks still refuse to stream, or some shows; they’re dinosaurs)

Comment by lesley – February 19, 2013 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • like CBS! that drives me nuts.

Comment by Elyse – February 19, 2013 12:28 PM PDT
  • Body of Proof!

Comment by J – February 19, 2013 04:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Def gotta watch Smash! Hope the numbers improve!White Collar tonight should be good too :)

Comment by Tedi – February 19, 2013 04:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yikes, I wonder if ABC planned for Castle and Body of Proof to air their respective two-parters 24 hours after the other, seeing how they have the exact same plot.

Anyway, I’m looking forward to the new Body of Proof. Can’t wait to check it out!

Comment by SJ – February 19, 2013 05:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • BoP was delayed,so bad luck with same story.

Comment by Shaun – February 19, 2013 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watching Live:
    NCIS
    White Collar
    Vegas

DVR:
    NCIS LA
    Storage Wars Texas (so wrong, I know but I can’t help myself)

Comment by kirads09 – February 19, 2013 05:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excited for new Smash ngl! I hope numbers pick up this week. Think they might without direct Bachelor competition.

Comment by kn – February 19, 2013 05:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The Bachelor is running a special tonight too.

Comment by Magically Suspicious – February 19, 2013 07:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tuesdays are awesome television for me. Pretty Little Liars, Lying game, New girl, & Smash.

Comment by Danielle. – February 19, 2013 05:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hart of Dixie

Comment by Lara – February 19, 2013 05:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Love Hart if Dixie & can’t wait for tonight’s episode! Will also watch Smash.

Comment by Gillian – February 19, 2013 08:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pretty Little Liars
    The New Normal
    SMASH!!!
    Cougar Town

Comment by Eric – February 19, 2013 06:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely NCIS and NCIS Los Angeles! :-)

Comment by Marla (@zoyaroses) – February 19, 2013 06:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am not an NCIS or Castle fan so other than Smash just an eh night of television. That said I hope Smash picks up.

Comment by forwarddad – February 19, 2013 06:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope the reboot of Body of Proof goes well. I will be watching NCIS, NCIS LA and Body of Proof tonight.

Comment by TVDIVA – February 19, 2013 06:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So the only thing I’m watching live tonight isn’t even on your list! New White Collar at 10 on USA!

Comment by lkadlec – February 19, 2013 06:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh…I see…there’s a video link…honestly, I didn’t even notice that b/c the rest of the titles are in BOLD.

Comment by lkadlec – February 19, 2013 06:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The only things I watch on Tuesday are both on at 10 pm…Vegas and Body of Proof. Stayed up for Castle so both will be DVR’ed to watch this weekend. May give Cult a look but as much as I love Robert Keppner and Matt Davis, I just don’t think it’ll hold a candle to The Following.

Comment by GS – February 19, 2013 07:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • After having seen the first episode of Cult online, and having seen all the episodes of The Following so far, I would like to suggest that you take time out to see the first episode of Cult. It is just that both shows are very very good, and very very different from one another, even if they don’t seem like it from the writeups and previews.

Comment by MaryAnn – February 19, 2013 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thanks for the tip MaryAnn. I don’t have anything at 9 so I’ll definitely check it out. I LOVED Robert Knepper in Prison Break and I miss Matt Davis on TVD so those are good enough reasons to give it a shot:)

Comment by GS – February 19, 2013 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Justified NCIS and CULT (cant Wait)

Comment by Adam Bramble – February 19, 2013 07:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tuesday…my favorite night! Watch: NCIS, NCIS LA & Justified DVR: Pretty Little Liars, White Collar & Vegas

Comment by Rae – February 19, 2013 07:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think something is missing from the raising hope description. Also, is it still an hour tonight?

Comment by leah – February 19, 2013 07:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Fixed and nope.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – February 19, 2013 07:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Smash,HoD,PLL,Lying Game

Comment by Brandy – February 19, 2013 07:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hart of Dixie and The Lying Game!

Comment by Jade – February 19, 2013 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am going to watch Smash.

Comment by S – February 19, 2013 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • - Raising Hope (most underrated comedy on air)
    - Smash (Let’s watch it live, people! Ratings gotta be above that 1.2 from last week)

Comment by Kyle – February 19, 2013 08:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLL, Go On, White Collar, Face Off

Comment by Roni – February 19, 2013 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • COUGAR TOWN

Comment by Liz – February 19, 2013 08:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pretty Little Liars & New Girl. Done with Go On and NCIS & NCIS: L.A. are like TV’s latest “obsession”.

Comment by Tran – February 19, 2013 08:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Raising Hope (EVERYONE WATCH IT. It can’t get cancelled…), Mindy Project, Go On, and Cougar Town!

Comment by Babybop – February 19, 2013 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLL
    Lying game
    White collar

DVR
    NCIS/NCIS LA
    Dance mom’s my guilty pleasure I can’t look away

Comment by Nicole – February 19, 2013 08:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wish i could watch any of the Fox or CW shows tonight but alas Dish has decided to get into a dispute with the locale stations and has blocked them out for all its customers instead of just giving us access to the national stations.

Comment by S – February 19, 2013 08:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • you guys too? what the heck. i LOVE directv and i’m pissed that we will be losing the CW on March 1st :(

Comment by Elyse – February 19, 2013 09:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes, it seems it is a local dispute and I learned that they will give people credits on their account to watch it on amazon or itunes (up to $15 which is all the credits allowed on any one account) and you can also get a one time antenna credit.
        I get kind of annoyed that we pay to have these services and instead of making the customers comfortable with easy substitutions like “superstations” they point you to the internet. But at $2 per episode, most of those options are rather pricey and if you want to see it free they expect you to sit and watch it on your computer “The credit is if you absolutely can’t wait 8 days to see a show for free” (ie fox shows)
        Maybe if I had a tv I could hook my computer to then it would be ok, but if I could do that and watch all the shows for free, why pray tell would I even need Dish?

Comment by S – February 19, 2013 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • You don’t need Dish because FOX shows are already free! It’s called broadcast. Since they went all digital a couple of years ago, with all those sub-channels, most people don’t need to pay any more. Consider it!

Comment by Jay – February 19, 2013 09:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Thanks Jay, I am one step away from doing just that. the only problem is that I live in an area where broadcast isn’t always reliable and it sometimes depends on cloud cover if you get one station at all.

Comment by S – February 19, 2013 01:30 PM PDT
  • New Girl, The Mindy Project, Go On, The New Normal, and Cult

Comment by Andy – February 19, 2013 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NCIS x2 and then Smash.

Comment by Shaun – February 19, 2013 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Smash is still on? After the first two episodes, I thought…

Comment by Jon – February 19, 2013 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cult
    Body of Proof
    Vegas
    Justified

And yes, I know some of these are on at the same time. Will decide at the last minute what I watch live and what is seen on demand or online.

Comment by MaryAnn – February 19, 2013 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oops, accidentally left NCIS off the list!

Comment by MaryAnn – February 19, 2013 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ON THE DTV BLACKOUTS:
    Just a heads up… it’s not just the CW. Look up a list of Sinclair owned stations. These are the stations that will be blacked out.. it includes FOX, ABC, The CW… just depends on where you live. I’m losing ABC. This is crazy that they won’t come to an agreement for BASIC NETWORK channels. Looks like I’ll have toget Hulu Plus until they reach a freakin agreement.

Comment by Danielle H. – February 19, 2013 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They should be careful with their disputes. People will get accustomed to watching online and just not need them anymore.

Comment by MaryAnn – February 19, 2013 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hart of Dixie
    White Collar

Comment by deb – February 19, 2013 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NCIS, NCIS LA, Body of Proof. DVRing White Collar

Comment by Bella – February 19, 2013 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cult, but NOT Body of Proof. Terrible cast changes! Plus the commercials promoting the show are terrible. Way to ruin a decent show.

Comment by Alex – February 19, 2013 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NCIS LA, HoD, White Collar

DVR: NCIS, Body of Proof, Justified, Go On, Smash

Comment by John – February 19, 2013 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • raising hope, hart of dixie, and if I had cable a funny cougar town.

Comment by ollie – February 19, 2013 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cougartown, White Collar, NCIS and NCIS:LA for me tonight.

Comment by Justin – February 19, 2013 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Betty White’s Off Their Rockers
    Go On
    The New Normal
    Cougar Town
    Body of Proof

Comment by nick1372 – February 19, 2013 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • JUSTIFIED :) it’s the best!

Comment by Wow – February 19, 2013 04:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post