Revenge Recap: Dead in the Water

Get More: Recaps

MICHAEL TRUCCO, MARGARITA LEVIEVAWe finally know who’s ship outta luck.

Revenge this week returned to the fateful event it teased in the season premiere: the sinking of the Amanda and the demise of at least one person on board. Warning: You may want to don a life vest, so adrift will you be on currents of disbelief at various points during the narrative. You also may want to grab some tissues, because one death — as promised — is a significant one. Now, without further ado, let’s review what went down — besides Jack’s beloved boat – in “Sacrifice.”

RELATED | Revenge Exclusive: Meet Emily’s Foster Brother!

A RAT ON BOARD | As the episode opens, Jack and Amanda are in bedded honeymoon bliss on the boat while Nate hides out in the closet — so not only is the Ryan brother a murderous thug, he’s also a creeper. Lovely. The next morning, just as Jack is puzzled by a pack of cigarettes and a lighter he finds tucked away on board, Nate makes his presence known. And he’s got a gun. Jack has no idea what their captor is talking about when he says Amanda’s responsible for Conrad pulling out of the waterfront-development deal. While Mr. and Mrs. Porter are locked up belowdecks, Amanda whispers that they’re going to have to kill Nate because he’ll never let them escape with their lives. And while I think she’s probably right, I have to hope Jack was at least a little freaked out by how quickly his new bride went there.

Meanwhile, back in the Hamptons, Ashley tips Emily off that Amanda blackmailed Conrad with some serious dirt. Em’s voice says, “I’ll talk to her.” Em’s face says, “I’ll rip her beating heart from her chest, blend it into a smoothie and sip it through a straw.” She boots Ashley from the house and checks her secret hiding spot, from which the laptop is conspicuously missing. She then visits Amanda and Jack’s apartment, where she finds Charlotte making a slideshow for her “sister” with photos from the wedding. Char shows Em one cute shot of the marrieds just before they shoved off, and Emily immediately zeroes in on something miniscule in the background: Nate’s thug face peeking out from the lower decks like a puppy in a pet-store window – a nasty, gun-wielding puppy. (Side note: I laughed out loud at Em’s realization. A little too easy, no?)

Emily summons Nolan for an emergency meeting, during which he tracks Nate’s cell phone to where it last pinged: out in the ocean, halfway to Jack and Amanda’s honeymoon destination of Nantucket. So Em and her sidekick jump in a motor boat and take off after the Amanda. (Side note regarding that cruising-the-high-seas-at-top-speed sequence: Did we learn nothing from Ringer?)

A SINKING FEELING | Back on the S.S. We’re Screwed, there’s a big, complicated subterfuge as Amanda makes Nate think the laptop is in Montauk, then Jack tries to make Nate think Declan’s laptop is the one he’s looking for, then Jack and Amanda fake a fight to cover the sound of them prepping the raft for a speedy getaway. They manage to lock the talented Mr. Ryan in the cabin – where the laptop is conveniently left open, allowing Nolan to watch what’s going on via a hacked webcam (I know, I know – but on the upside, those vests you put on earlier are not only crucial to your survival, they’re quite slimming. You look great.). So Nolan and Em watch as Nate shoots his way out of captivity – hitting Jack in the process. Aw, Jack. Your luck is truly terrible in all situations. Then Amanda pushes her hurt hubby into the inflatable so he’ll get away safely; she stays on the boat and tries to get the gun from Nate, but all she gets is a head injury and some unconsciousness. Meanwhile, despite its shabby exterior, the Amanda must possess warp capability – because by the time Nate realizes what’s happened, Jack’s raft is about three light years away from the boat.

Night has fallen by the time Emily and Nolan find her childhood love, who’s hopelessly bobbing in the deep blue like a tiger-free Pi. Nolan rushes the pale Porter to shore and the hospital; Emily commandeers the raft and, using its outboard motor, races to catch up to the Amanda. She does so just as the craft’s electrical system shorts out, thanks to Amanda opening a valve that floods the lower third of the boat. Nate and the women fight, with Amanda eventually landing a shot that fells Nate (and pierces the propane tank in the process). With gas and water filling the cabin, Emily hustles her old pal into the raft but at the last minute, Amanda goes back to grab the necklace Emily gave her as she left juvie. At that exact moment, a not-dead-yet Nate flicks his lighter and… the boat goes boom, tossing the ladies into the drink.

When Emily pulls Amanda onto the half-demolished raft, she realizes that the former exotic dancer is headed for that great strip club in the sky. “Jack and my baby, I need to know you’ll take care of them,” Amanda says, pressing her necklace into Em’s palm. Emily cries, promises and cries some more as Amanda dies in her arms and eventually drifts off into the depths as the raft’s air supply dwindles. Goodnight, Amanda, you nutty, Frank-killing, Emily-worshipping mess of a girl.

TAKE THE INITIATIVE Back at Grayson Manor, Victoria is unrepentant about murdering Helen. “The bitch had it coming,” she remarks as Daniel and Conrad wrap The Initiative operative’s corpse in a carpet. Vicky quickly comes up with a new plan: The Graysons are going to offer up Amanda to The Initiative, hoping that the secret organization will take down their shared threat. She even goes to The Stowaway to invite Charlotte to the family’s Labor Day party which, for reasons I seriously don’t get, is doubling as the announcement of Conrad’s run for the governor’s seat. (Side note: Take a look at baby Carl’s face in this scene. I swear to you, he rolls his eyes at Victoria’s lame reasons for wanting her daughter home for the evening. Smart kid.) While Charlotte and Declan get their things together, Victoria slips Helen’s phone and scarf under Amanda’s bed… where an Initiative dude named Trask, working off a tip from the Graysons, later finds it.

Meanwhile, Aiden’s trying to help Padma find out whether her father is still alive. She eventually talks to Trask, asking for proof that her pop’s not already gone; Trask says the package she just signed for contains the evidence she wants. It’s her dad’s finger. Exactly how does that prove he’s still among the living? (I know. Just like all of those safety videos say, I should’ve put on my own life vest before telling you to wear yours.)

Now it’s your turn. Did you guess that Amanda would go to her watery grave? How do you think her death will affect Emily? Think Jack will pull through? Sound off in the comments!

Tags: ,

Comments (165)

• Awesome episode.. I knew Nate was going to die, but I didn’t see Fauxmanda dying in Emily’s arms. She died beautifully and in sacrifice to Em’s, Jack & Carl. LOVED IT!

Comment by Disastrous – February 17, 2013 08:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What was with Victoria’s stupid line in the opening scene about the “unseasonably hot weather”? It’s set onLabor Day weekend which is in early September and it’s more filthy hot and humid in NY (even out in the Hamptons) than it is in June. I realize that the heat was used as a framing effect and a plot device (the broken AC) but really, the writers need to start doing homework on the area they’re writing about.

Comment by TMW – February 17, 2013 08:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Really? You chose this topic to complain about? Out of the whole episode this is what you remembered and had to write about?

Comment by Alexis – February 18, 2013 03:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • = awesome reply

Comment by Didi – February 18, 2013 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • No it isn’t. It is a blatantly moronic thing to say and makes it hard to believe that this is actually taking place in The Hamptons. These people are here during the summer and they are always dressed like it’s winter in Carmel. Continuity is a GOOD thing.

Comment by KevyB – February 21, 2013 04:46 AM PDT
      • I actually thought it was an additional plot device to justify why Emily hadn’t frozen to death while waiting for Nolan to rescue her.

Comment by Ella – February 18, 2013 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I was more annoyed by all the sweaters Nolan and Emily were prancing around in during this supposedly unbearable heat… and I am usually very forgiving of mistakes like that on tv but that one was just pitiful..

Comment by eileen – February 18, 2013 08:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So sad!! i’m still cryings! That flashback scene and the i love you too KILLED ME! why did she have to die? Emily lost her real sister today… RIP Amanda

Comment by luli – February 17, 2013 08:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree! Great episode!!!

Comment by Santa – February 18, 2013 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One of the BEST episodes of the entire show. Tonight’s episode was fantastic! It made me smile, it made me laugh, and oh my gosh did it make me cry at the end. It was certainly a worthy payoff.

I think everyone can rejoice now that the Stowaway plot is officially done as well.

More than anything, Emily is going to go HARDCORE with her revenging now more than ever after this. And wow did the writers really make the Graysons back to their original form and this time giving us more light into just how things happened in the past with her father.

A++++++ episode!

Comment by iMember – February 17, 2013 08:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I give it a 10/10. It was fantastic!

Comment by Leondre – February 17, 2013 08:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FINALLY. Now can it PLEASE return back to being awesome?

Comment by megan – February 17, 2013 08:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Amen Megan!

Comment by Margie Rife – February 17, 2013 10:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely not up to par with last year’s midseason climax, but a fun episode nontheless. I wished with all my might that Jack would’ve gotten the axe instead of Amanda. For some odd reason, I just could NOT get emotionally invested into this episode. It felt super rushed, and they made it so obvious as to which main was going to die. I hope this sets up an interesting rest-of-the-season. Kim, loved your comment “strip club in the sky”!!! Lol!

P.S. I know the Oscars are coming on, along with the premiere of “Red Widow”, but I’m EXTREMELY sick of abc going on a “mini-hiatus” with their Sunday lineups.

Comment by Drew Herring – February 17, 2013 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Definitely not up to par with last year’s mid season climax?! WHATT¿?!?!? did we even watch the same episode? This episode was breathtaking and heartbreaking and way better than the one in season 1.

Comment by luli – February 17, 2013 09:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Don’t get me wrong, it was really good! But it just didn’t feel the same as last season’s. Even though we knew it wasn’t going to be Daniel who died, everything about the engagement party felt so elegant and had that “whodunit” mystery feel to it. Tonight’s episode was great!

Comment by Drew Herring – February 17, 2013 09:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Nope. This episode was much better because they made us actually like and feel some sort of attachment to Amanda. They completely changed her character into a good person who we were kind of rooting for. Tyler was really crazy and entertaining but no one felt emotionally attached to him. They made us believe it was Daniel (which would have been much better) but let us down. Like last year, I already predicted it would be Amanda. I was actually much sadder Amanda died because she sacrificed herself to save her only family, Jack and Emily.

Comment by baglesvswaffles – February 17, 2013 09:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Oh I agree with you. I think most really learned to care for Amanda as planned. Mike had said earlier in the year we would have some feelings for her. And it was just enough to make it GREAT! And yes she absolutely saved Jacks life. He would have been dead had she not gotten him out of there. I watched Season 1 four times and each Ep twice Season 2, this was the best and just think we will have season finaly coming up! (-; Gonna be hard to top this.. I’m so addicted..wearing my double infinity ring.. hahaha~

Comment by Jean Killion Brewer – February 20, 2013 11:14 PM PDT
      • Best episode ever.

Comment by Therese – February 17, 2013 11:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think it was better than last season’s big death reveal. It had much more emotional punch.

Comment by Alichat – February 17, 2013 09:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was hoping Jack would die; Emily and Jack have no chemistry. ;P

Comment by bdwhat – February 17, 2013 10:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree about the “no chemistry” but I am glad he didn’t die.

Comment by vedder – February 18, 2013 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I feel like they had so much chemistry when they first met and in the first half of season one then it all went to hell! They barely see each other and when they do, it feels forced and it’s like Emily’s always in a rush or they have a two second conversation. Before, they had long glances and double meanings in their conversations where they were both denying their feelings. Ugh another relationship ruined!

Comment by baglesvswaffles – February 26, 2013 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Really?? Calm down this episode was great and choosing Amanda over Jack you should have known that was a lose lose. Emily is going to get her happy ending with Jack she deserves it.

Comment by Alexis – February 18, 2013 03:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • FYI. ABC has pilot Red Widow on line to watch now. Don’t have to wait til Sunday.

Comment by ellen8 – February 20, 2013 05:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Awesome, thanks for that!

Comment by NCSouthernBelle – February 20, 2013 05:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • nolan rushes pale porter to shore, not jack

Comment by sammy – February 17, 2013 08:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jack’s last name is Porter.

Comment by Tkay – February 18, 2013 05:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It originally said “JACK rushes the pale Porter to shore” instead of Nolan.

Comment by dude – February 18, 2013 08:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And what is up with that promo? Emily better not hurt Charlotte! Amanda had actually grown on me! Sad ending… Uh, hopefully the show gets so very good for the rest of the season.

Comment by jonbua – February 17, 2013 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I want Charlotte to eventually find out about everything her wretched family has done so her and Emily can plot their revengenda together with Nolan.

Comment by baglesvswaffles – February 17, 2013 09:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She’s not going to hurt her. She’s going to turn her against her parents and brother.

Comment by dee123 – February 18, 2013 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved Amanda! Why not kill off Declan? Or Aidan? Hope she’s back as a ghost! ;-P

Comment by N – February 17, 2013 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not Aiden either!! He and Amanda have a lot to help each other with but I bet he falls for the other harlot while helping her find her father and take down the initiative!! Declan and Jack have to play out the family thing for awhile to work the loss of Amanda. I was hoping it wold be Daniel to get him out of the hell he doesn’t deserve, yet!

Comment by Robin – February 18, 2013 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • “I bet he falls for the other harlot”. What on earth are you talking about?

Comment by Lyrak – February 19, 2013 03:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Because Jack already lost his dad, his dog and his wife as well as his business and his boat lol. That’s way too much loss already.

Comment by baglesvswaffles – February 26, 2013 06:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great episode!!! And this will sound heartless to most I’m sure, but so glad that Fauxmanda is gone!!!! Long time coming with that one! Doubt Jack will die though. The show only does one major character death a season, last year was Tyler and this year Fauxmanda. Next year… Ashley perhaps?

Comment by Lynne – February 17, 2013 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh absolutely get rid of Ashley! Awful, awful character and I hate he accent! UGH!

Comment by Nanny – February 18, 2013 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh, yes! Ashley needs to go as a bonus this year!!

Comment by Robin – February 18, 2013 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Jack rushes the pale Porter to shore and the hospital” …so Jack rushes himself to the hospital? :D

Comment by Linda – February 17, 2013 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am not happy that faux-Amanda was killed. She’s one of.the characters I enjoyed the most. I guess they had to.get her out of the way to make way for the Jake/Amanda pairing bit still… Emily/real Amanda should stay with Aiden who really gets and accepts her. Faux Amanda could have stayed with Jack. It was very emotional to see real Emily save Amanda but I’m not happy she’s gone. At all… Well, maybe now the initiative storyline and presence can be sent into the eternal sea of forgetfulness…

Comment by Ana – February 17, 2013 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought faux-Amanda was so charismatic and sexy, two things the real Amanda isn’t. That actress will really go far, and she has a great backround. Coming to the States from Russian, speaking no English at all. I hope this is a good career move for her.

Comment by High School RULES – February 18, 2013 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have to add, it was one of.the best episodes although every time Padma came up I was just thinking about what a waste of time that story is. Hope is concluded soon. Also, while I enjoyed the episode I also found myself incredulous at the many flawed plot points. Definitely had to suspend disbelief to enjoy it.

Comment by Ana – February 17, 2013 08:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed! I kept picking apart all the flaws (Em & Nolan just happened to run into Jack? He could’ve drifted afar and there’s not a “straight route” to Nantuk..). They should’ve had the death on land so the producers wouldn’t have to rely on so much CGI/green screen.

Comment by Drew Herring – February 17, 2013 09:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I loved this episode dont get me wrong but I had to laugh when Emily looked at the picture of Jack and Amanda and instantly sees Nate in the background. LOL

Comment by melissa – February 17, 2013 09:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Lol Melissa! So did I! Reminded me of a creepy meme you find online. Emily spotted him so fast, I’m surprised Charlotte didn’t see..

Comment by Drew Herring – February 17, 2013 10:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • My question about that was, how did they even know he was off the boat and out there?

Comment by Alicia – February 18, 2013 06:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Declan shot the picture of Fauxmanda and Jack right as they set off. For Nate to have not been on the boat wouldn’t make sense.

Comment by Sophia – February 18, 2013 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • LOL, Also, Em and Nolan didn’t have the right computer angle to see that Jack was actually shot up on deck. I really liked Fauxmanda from the beginning, she was unpredictable and she played the part so well! R.I.P Margarita Levieva, you’ll be missed!

Comment by Jubilee – February 18, 2013 08:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I also didn’t care for the Grayson storyline. I just wanted to watch the boat the whole time lol. I wonder what’s going to happen now that the Initiative thinks Amanda killed Helen… Will they go after Jack?

Comment by baglesvswaffles – February 17, 2013 09:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hated her at the outset, but I came to greatly appreciate the unpredictability of Fauxmanda; you never knew what the girl was thinking or what she was gonna do next. She was a far more interesting character than Jack, Declan, Charlotte or Ashley, any one–or hell, two or three–of whom would’ve been better cannon fodder. Frankly, anyone outside of Emily, Victoria, Nolan and Conrad are dispensible in my book(though Aiden continues to grow on me).

Comment by ChrisGa – February 17, 2013 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Unless they recover her body from the water, I will not be convinced she’s dead.

Comment by kees – February 17, 2013 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THIS!

Comment by luli – February 17, 2013 08:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree!

Comment by michael – February 17, 2013 09:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m with you on this one too. She did cheat death once this season by getting flung over the second floor railing at the Grayson’s. And look at the early promos shots with her not in it but a woman climbing out of the water, it was probably more about Emily’s mom but maybe it’s actually her? I’m just glad they didn’t go full Tyler Cop-Out this year.

Comment by Chris – February 17, 2013 09:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ooooo Lordy! This would be a typical “Revenge” move from Mr. Kelley himself… Lol! Hope she stays dead though, ’bout time they had punched us with something deeply emotional.

Comment by Drew Herring – February 17, 2013 09:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maybe Takeda was sneaking around in the background to come to her rescue again.

Comment by NCSouthernBelle – February 18, 2013 04:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hate to remind you of this, but we did see a shot of doctors removing the pieces of wood from her dead body. She’s sadly gone for good. :( RIP Amily Clarne.

Comment by whisperintherain – February 18, 2013 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So the body does wash ashore ??

Comment by ellen8 – February 18, 2013 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Except…. the actress said in an interview that her role was done !!

Comment by ellen8 – February 18, 2013 08:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Of course she did. Would she say “I’m going to be back” and ruin a hypothetical surprise. Think Ellen, think! That being said I don’t see her returning.

Comment by JEst – February 18, 2013 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bravo Revenge! I like it when I am surprised! I did not think they would see that through since their track record with leaving pivotal characters dead is pretty weak, but I think that we can safely say that Faux is dead. I am genuinely sad. I liked her character. I really thought that we were going to see Nolan pull up at the last minute and Faux would be saved as well. I’m ready to see Em go crazy on the Greyson’s again. And I’m guessing Daniel will know they had something to do with Fauxmanda’s death since Victoria spouted that last line about her not knowing who she’s crossed.

Comment by Alichat – February 17, 2013 08:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The end of the episode was just too much for me. The flashback between Emily and Amanda, Emily saying “I love you too”, and Amanda dying in her arms was just too much! RIP Amanda, you’ll be missed at least by me :’(

Comment by luli – February 17, 2013 08:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Super super heart breakingly sad. I hated her when she first came but she improved to be a cool character as season 2 went along :( But I’m so stoked that the real revenge/revengeful Emily is coming back!

Comment by anil – February 17, 2013 09:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If the rating demo doesn’t go up to at least 2.2, I’ll be pissed!

Comment by anil – February 17, 2013 09:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No way!!! They just had a 1.2 (not quite sure exactly) rating, I doubt they’d bounce back into the 2s just like that. As much as we want them to, I don’t think it’s possible at this point. Especially with The Walking Dead back on air..

Comment by Drew Herring – February 17, 2013 09:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It got a 1.4 last week, I do hope it increases but yeah, a 2.0 might be difficult. As long as it increases, a bit i’ll be happy and hopefully this will bring back more viewers for the next episode. Unfortunately, there is another 2 week break, which will hurt the momentum of the show. Best of Luck, this show deserves better ratings, the viewers need to give it a second chance, it definitely redeemed itself with this episode.

Comment by ZmaX – February 17, 2013 10:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • How fickle the public is. They have already abandoned a show that yes, has been a bit shaky this year, but is still a lot of fun.

Comment by MikeyM – February 18, 2013 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Network should change Revenge’s time slot !!

Comment by ellen8 – February 18, 2013 08:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They should be able to tell whether the finger came from a live person or a dead body.

Thank you for teaching me that, Dexter.

I kinda figured Jack was safe when they revealed that Nate was wearing a wedding ring, you know, I hope they eventually do off a member of the main cast rather than just supporting players.

Yeah, the main characters are great, but there is very little suspense when you know that they’re not really at risk.

Comment by Paul Penna – February 17, 2013 09:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YES. YES. YES. Amanda dying was sad, but no surprising. Last year, they had us believe (eventually most fans were right in it being Tyler) that Daniel was going to die, which was fun because no one knew how ballsy this show was. But, Mike Kelley seems to have a “deeper connection” to his characters than his suspenseful writing abilities. Maybe the season finale will prove us wrong?…

Comment by Drew Herring – February 17, 2013 09:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ballsy? Mike Kelley wimped out the first season. once the show was renewed it became a disaster.

Comment by me – February 17, 2013 10:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Mike Kelly himself said that this “mid-season death” was going to be emotional vs last season’s shocking death. It wasn’t supposed to be twist or anything.

This death is much better in my opinion, because it makes a bigger impact on Emily and her plans of revenge. It will move the show in the direction the fans have been demanding.

Comment by ZmaX – February 18, 2013 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sad that Amanda died, she was one of my favorites, I wish jack had died instead. It was heartbreaking with the flashback, Amanda dying in Emily’s arms, and my god Emily Van Camp’s crying just WOW. Atleast Emily will truly go back to exacting revenge on the Graysons not just for her dad’s death but now Amanda’s death as well. Regarding the promo for the next episode maybe Emily will turn Charlotte against her parents and somehow make her realize all the stuff they’ve done. It would really make Charlotte interesting and Emily could work with her other sister now that Amanda’s dead. Now if only ABC didn’t put the show on another hiatus.

Comment by Jon – February 17, 2013 09:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She literally wrote what I was thinking about Amanda’s death… i’m heartbroken :(

Comment by luli – February 17, 2013 09:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That was the first real show of emotion from Emily. It was a brilliant plot twist, because Jack and real Amanda are really married. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Comment by High School RULES – February 18, 2013 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didn’t like Fauxmanda either but she did grow on me. I am an Emily/Jack fan so I wanted Fauxmanda to die but I found that I was sad after she did. I know it was necessary to put Emily/Jack together but it was still sad. Very well done. She died a hero which is something I would never call her character before. RIP Fauxmanda.

Comment by tracy84 – February 17, 2013 09:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didn’t expect Fauxmanda’s death to be so depressing and heartbreaking. Never cared a bunch for her until the last couple of episodes but they did the scene well. Loved that it was just Emily and Amanda, alone…just like how they started.

Comment by Sara – February 17, 2013 09:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, they did an amazing job with the last minutes of the episode… Amanda going back for the necklace Emily gave her back on juvi, the flashback, the promise Emily made to a dying Amanda, the “I love you too”, and then Amanda dying on her arms… RIP AMANDA

Comment by luli – February 17, 2013 09:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree – Faux Amanda was not endearing at all last season. I doubted her loyalty to Emily at every turn but she proved to be a trusting companion in their efforts. The show did a great job slowly developing Faux A to become someone we trusted and learned to love. She proved invaluable to Emily but I assume Em can take it from her with her trusted sidekicks, Aiden and Nolan.

Comment by ellen8 – February 18, 2013 08:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly how I felt. Fauxmanda was a plotting lying snake and I intensely disliked her and yet in her death scene I was bawling. Particularly when I realized what this was going to do to Emily. This guilt is going to be like a ton of bricks on her heart. She may go freaking crazy trying to get revenge now.

Comment by Lauren Kirsch – February 19, 2013 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Goodbye, Revenge. Fauxmanda was the best character on the how, bar none. Someone who could kick butt and served as a reality check for Emanada. I stuck it out through this crapstastic season – only the last two episodes were worth anything. REV chooses to keep that loser Declan over Fauxmanda? No thanks.

Comment by Chicago Dan – February 17, 2013 09:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m with you. Amanda was the best character and, unless the revive her for May sweeps, I’m out.

Comment by Viv – February 18, 2013 07:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Fauxmanda dying is the straw that broke the camel’s back for you? Silly.

Comment by LaurenMC – February 19, 2013 07:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As for the Graysons I find that Daniel has become as bad as his parents. He went along with framing Amanda for Helen’s death to protect the family and their assets. By this point he knows how dangerous the initiative are and it’s pretty clear if they felt they had an enemy they would eliminate them. So he basically went along with sacrificing an “innocent” mother to save his own a**. I hope that when he finds out Amanda is dead that he truely believes them framing her was the cause. He needs to be eaten with guilt for his selfish choices. I can’t wait til Emily/Nolan/ and my guess eventually Jack take down all the Grayson’s, including Daniel. They all belong in prison or the grave. Also Jack knows that Conrad sent the guy after them cuz he said so so I think Jack will start his own revengenda and eventually merge with Nolan/Emily.

Comment by tracy84 – February 17, 2013 09:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t forget Charlotte! I’m sure once she finds out what happened and everything they’ve done to her father and Emily, she’s going to take them down. Even if she didn’t die on that boat, she would have eventually gotten killed by the Initiative for that information she has over them and the planted evidence.

Comment by baglesvswaffles – February 17, 2013 09:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMFG. Amazing. This episode and The Good Wife’s have been their best this season.

I agree that this episode was better than the one last year. I mean, someone who we care about (love or hate) died. And I’m glad that this sets up the Graysons as the absolute cowards and bastards they are (including Daniel) and after Emily finds out that Conrad sent Nate and they incriminated Helen’s murder on Amanda, she’s going to go INSANE.

Thank you TV Gods, a really great Sunday.

Comment by May – February 17, 2013 09:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh God, such a beautiful episode. It made the entire season worth it. I’ve never sobbed so hard over a TV show. This episode really did justice to Amily’s tragic story and combined so many elements (music, cinematography, flashbacks) to make it as gutwrenching as possible. RIP Amanda Clarke.

Revenge will always be one of my favourite TV shows and episodes like this show why.

Comment by Jeremy Ascott – February 17, 2013 09:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it too convenient that Amanda’s body was “lost at sea”. Takeda rescued her and my guess is she will be back by the end of season 3.

Comment by RTM – February 17, 2013 09:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She was bleeding out from a massive abdominal wound, and Emily let her body sink. So, just no.

Comment by DL – February 18, 2013 05:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As I posted above, Faux Amanda actress said her role was done !!

Comment by ellen8 – February 18, 2013 08:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I so would have rather had Jack die than Fauxmanda, I’m really going to hate this whole “brothers taking care of a baby” thing that those characters are now going to be forced into.

But it was an amazing episode, and really well done. All the storylines were done phenomenally. I know I said I wasn’t going to tune in anymore with Fauxmanda gone but… I might have changed my mind lol. I’ll give it to the end of the season and see what happens with the characters, but if it continues to be like it has been for season 2A then I’m probably going to stop watching in season 3.

Comment by kavyn – February 17, 2013 09:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • RIP fauxmanda, she was great and can’t believe she is gone, will be missed for sure.

Comment by Juan – February 17, 2013 09:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So very sorry that they killed off Amanda. I didn’t like her at first but as time went by, she became one of my favorites. I think it was a mistake to kill her off; she was a great character who would get what she wanted, no matter what she had to do to get it. And now, we’re going to be stuck with Emily hanging around boring Jack, boring Declan & a crying baby. Oh, joy – not.

Comment by Chloe – February 17, 2013 09:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did anyone else catch that the body the divers found on the boat was wearing a wedding ring. That body had to be Nate’s cuz Fauxmanda is floating out in the ocean somewhere. Does this mean we are going to have to deal with a revenge seeking wife later? I hope not. That storyline needs to be over.

Comment by tracy84 – February 17, 2013 09:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He was wearing a wedding ring. I actually excitedly texted as much to my sister when he first popped up with his gun in the Porters faces.

Comment by AT – February 18, 2013 12:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Charlotte needs to accept her birth right as a Clarke and take down the Graysons. I know Emily will manipulate her and tell her all sorts of things about her family to turn her against them. She was always better than all of them. Daniel had the chance but he ruined it. He’s just as deserving to go down than his parents. I can’t even wait.

Comment by baglesvswaffles – February 17, 2013 09:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so sad Fauxmanda died. I liked her chacter (I know in the minority). Glad to see that Emily will be back on track going after the Graysons (although hate that they’re making Daniel as bad as Victoria and Conrad, I’m totally team Daniel and Emily) of course with Fauxmanda dead they writers will be shoving Jack and Emily down our throats again. Would have been an utterlly amazing ep if Jack would have died (IMO him and his brother or worthless and show would be great to dump them both). Bring on Emily and her sharpie, now she’s got dead that she loved from the Grayson’s hand.

Comment by Riah – February 17, 2013 10:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kim, you do the best recaps here on tvline. thank you, i always laugh out loud with what you write. :)

Comment by luli – February 17, 2013 10:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t believe they killed Faux-Amanda!! I loved how unpredictable she was. But now that she is dead and the Graysons have directed the Initiative in her direction, where does all that go now? Can’t believe that we have to wait another 3 weeks.

Comment by Ronnie – February 17, 2013 10:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • about Padma getting her Dad’s thumb in a box, I’m pretty sure a medical examiner can figure out if a person was still alive when the finger was cut off. But that was still a bit confusing, and personally a package like that makes me think the person is dead, but idk what ever floats the Initiative’s boat…woops, bad choice of words. RIP Amanda :(

Comment by ZmaX – February 17, 2013 10:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think they will take the thumb to a medical examiner. How would they explain that?

Comment by Lorilei – February 18, 2013 07:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • lol I’m sure Emily knows some people she can go to ;)

Comment by ZmaX – February 18, 2013 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Cnsidering that no one seemed to demand real proof of date in regards to the video of Aiden’s sister, I doubt they’re going to do much to confirm. Seriously guys, you just take the word of the crazy woman who’s involved in the kidnapping/murder of your sister? So dumb.

Comment by tripoli – February 18, 2013 09:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FauxManda dying was a bit too obvious imho, but they did do a pretty good job for her death. I also like how this death would possibly push Emily on her path for revenge. The whole having FauxManda going back for the necklace that Emily have her was just both stupid and sweet.

Comment by Quinn Mallory – February 17, 2013 11:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. Even with spoilers, it just felt like the writers cornered themselves into a wall and this was the only way out; get rid of The Stowaway plot, while cleaning up Helen’s murder by putting it on a dead Amanda Clarke. Now hopefully this show will go back to the fun proverbial backstabbing and manipulating others. Cheers to the only good episode worth watching this season!

Comment by Drew Herring – February 18, 2013 07:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was hoping Ashley would have made her way on the boat somehow and was tied up in the closet when it blew up. Other than that – loved it!

Comment by sb – February 17, 2013 11:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LMAO. I agree. I think she deserves the ‘most pointless character in tv history’ award.

Comment by anil – February 18, 2013 12:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • No I believe that would be Declan !! Ashley actually may serve important to Emily in the future.

Comment by ellen8 – February 18, 2013 08:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I absolutely loved this episode! We clearly know now that Emily does indeed have feelings still, and that she loves her foster sister and she loves Jack (whether as a childhood friend or in a romantic sense wasn’t resolved, and doesn’t need to be resolved at this point). We see Emily refocused on revenge against the Graysons and against the Initiative. When the series continues, Emily’s going to have no reason any longer to hold Daniel as any different from his parents, and the camps are going to have become more clearly focused with Charlotte and Jack clearly on Emily’s side in wanting revenge against those responsible for Fauxmanda’s murder and Jack’s attempted murder, and Padma has turned out to actually be on Nolan’s side after all. This epsiode was little short of genius, I am really looking forward to the rest of the season, and the direct fallout from everything that happened this week!

Comment by MaryAnn – February 18, 2013 12:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m going to spoil the show for you guys: Ashley is the head of the Initiative and behind everything! She blew up the plane and killed David Clarke!

Comment by Jojo – February 18, 2013 01:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Revenge ends with Emily playing happy family with Jack and Carl, I will ask Mike Kelley for damages in terms of waste of my time.

Comment by rty123 – February 18, 2013 01:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THIS. That would be the biggest waste of my time ever! I hopped of the Jack boat after the first episode. He’s such a dweeb. He reminds me of Luke from Gilmore Girls, except I liked Luke a LOT better. I just don’t think Jack is written very well. His character is a dull idiot. I’m only miffed about the death of Fauxmanda because of that very scenario of Emanda-Jack-Carl happy ever after. No. Freakin. Thanks. (And why has Daniel drifted further into the background? He is still a major player if they write it right.)

Comment by Dalice – February 18, 2013 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Just the thought of Emily ending up with this drip makes me want to bail on this show. The idea might have seemed good on paper but it’s not translating on screen. They are so mismatched as characters and especially the actors. No chemistry whatsoever.

Comment by Deme – February 20, 2013 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Big waste of time. Since this is suppose to be a reimaging of The Count of Monte Cristo, I hope he sticks with the book for the ending.

Comment by Deme – February 20, 2013 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BEST EPISODE of the series. Wow. Amanda dieing i really didn’t think they would do it. This is going to be an awesome rest of the season.

Comment by greysfan – February 18, 2013 02:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And I was really getting invested in Amanda too. RIP Amanda you grew on me and the world. AMEN

Comment by Amelia – February 18, 2013 03:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes she did. I fell in love with that girl. Anyone willing to burn down a house, shot someone, shank someone, etc for family is great in my book. I loved that she didn’t plot, she actually went and did the hurtin! I still don’t understand why we have to endure Ashley but Amanda is gone. I guess the writers needed Emily to have a reason to focus back on the Greyson’s again.

Comment by bigdede – February 18, 2013 07:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • really good episode,but Fauxmanda’s death didnt really make me cry. I mean it was sad, but at the end of the day she was Living the life Emily wanted.. to be with Jack, marry him and have a child/children with him… and that poor sucker still thinks that she was the real Amanda from his childhood.

Comment by GM – February 18, 2013 03:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really good episode of Revenge, it was one of the very best they have done. So emotional, so strong! Definitely a game changer!

Comment by Gio86 – February 18, 2013 03:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • now are they going to get rid of the other brother too. wont miss fauxmanda at all and why did she spill to nate about the real amanda agenda? at the end with both on raft had flashback to titanic and wanted the real amanda to ask where was the labtop. hate that daniel has turned into his parents.

Comment by ollie – February 18, 2013 03:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • and since it was so hot weather wise why was almost everbody wearing pants and longsleeves.

Comment by ollie – February 18, 2013 04:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved it. The death of Amanda sets up so much revenge-y drama to come. I know a lot of viewers see Jack & Emily as end-game and they may well be but I really like Emily & Aiden together. He knows who she really is. Just like Em’s relationship with Nolan, her relationship with Aiden is also genuine and beautiful. I think Emily needs that to ground her.

Comment by Gillian – February 18, 2013 03:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree 100% with Gillian…Luv Emily with Aiden!!

Comment by Gina – February 18, 2013 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s not so much whether WE see Jack and Emily as it is the writers see them as Endgame. It’s been pretty much established that they do. They have been pretty clear about that. If they aren’t endgame I’d be shocked senseless. Not that I’m totally supportive of the idea. The writers have been clear that they will never get them together until Jack knows the truth about Emily and I’m sure that is going to be world ending for him. Since he is pretty much the only decent human being on this show (I love Nolan but he participates in some SHADEY things) I hate to think of him being exposed to the vicious world that Emily lives in

Comment by Lauren Kirsch – February 19, 2013 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • and I still dont trust padma.

Comment by ollie – February 18, 2013 03:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Was anyone else reminded of the scene in Titanic when Rose finally let go of Jack’s body when Emily let go of Amanda’s body?

Also soooo over the Padma nonsense. She brings nothing to the table but distracts Nolan from participating in more interesting story lines like he did last season.

Comment by NCSouthernBelle – February 18, 2013 04:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YES! All I could think of was Titanic.

Comment by Sarah – February 18, 2013 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It would be REALLY good if they could leave these continuing shows on for more than 2 weeks at a time. I’m tiring of these long breaks between shows. They should change the night of Revenge so that there won’t be so many other tv specials to interfere.

Comment by Mary-Anne – February 18, 2013 04:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • 22 episodes air over the course of 36 weeks. Three months off no new episodes, regardless of the night or how they are separated, is a given.

Comment by JEst – February 18, 2013 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post