Prospect Park 'Willing to Equally Share' OLTL Characters With GH: 'It's a Win-Win for the Actors'

ROGER HOWARTHTalk about your daytime drama.

A half a day after word got out that Michael Easton, Roger Howarth and Kristen Alderson would need to exit ABC’s General Hospital so that the characters of John, Todd and Starr could resume an existence on the to-be-relaunched One Life to Live, Prospect Park — the media company backing the Hulu/iTunes reboot of OLTL (as well as All My Children) — issued a statement shedding light on the unusual matter.

RELATED | One Life to Live/All My Children Scoop: 22 Cast Members Confirmed for Reboot

To tee up their statement, Prospect Park explained that in 2011, the company “lent characters to General Hospital until shooting began for [OLTL] so that the characters could stay alive with the fans and also so that the actors could remain working.

“Everyone at ABC and on the production staff of General Hospital understood that this was a temporary arrangement until production started once again on One Life to Live,” Prospect Park said. With OLTL now inching towards production on new episodes, “Prospect Park needs to, once again, cast these characters,” meaning possibly with other actors.

Or… maybe not?

RELATED | It’s Official: All My Children, One Life to Live Start Production in February, for Online Relaunch

Prospect Park’s actual statement on where things stand is posted below. The closing lines indicate that, as hinted by ABC’s own statement from Friday morning, all involved parties may try to hammer out a wackadoodle deal that… I don’t know, has McBain fighting crime Tuesday/Thursday/every second Friday in Port Charles? (Does, like, Paul Anthony Stewart play Todd on One Life while Howarth keeps the L.A. shift?) This even though Prospect shelled out “millions of dollars” to secure dibs on the OLTL characters, especially those it deems “essential” to relaunching the serial.

“Prospect Park understands that General Hospital has featured Llanview transplants Michael Easton (John) and Kristen Alderson (Starr) among others while we arranged production of the new version of One Life to Live. These characters, who we own under our agreement, are obviously essential to our production efforts, and a large reason we licensed the program. We also understand that legions of General Hospital fans have grown to love these actors and characters in a short time. So even though we are paying ABC millions of dollars to license the shows, we have been, and continue to be willing to equally share the characters with General Hospital and ABC.

It’s a win-win for the actors, the shows and fans, who love all of the shows and storylines. We hope to work out these agreements with ABC and the actors.”

1. Sarah says:

No. I want Sam and John, Not half the time, full time

• It’s simple just change Todd and Stars last name to Matthews and John to Mcshane. Everything they have done on GH they still did and they still have their basic backstory just don’t mention names or details just keep it at Todd switched babies with a ex wife and John has a son with a ex he can’t see and Stars fiancé and boyfriend were killed by Johnny ect. If they were gonna go new character routes It would be interesting to make the new characters of Todd and John brothers and Stars new character still would be daughter of Todd’s new character.

• laurenmarie says:

I thought of the SAME thing – why can’t they change the names on GH? But I came up with “Jim McClain and Tom and Stella Masterson.” I thought that Masterson was a cool name. I think that TPTB would make thename change include first names. I don’t want John to be Caleb Morley UNLESS he’s NOT a vampire and that nonsense was all in Lucy’s head!!

• GHFan says:

PP knows it is being unfair by asking the actors to do both shows, they are only doing this to make themselves look like the magnanimous ones. The actors and their families live in California and PP is going to film in an old warehouse in Connecticut all the way across the country. The actors are all starring on a national television show and not an online start up project that most likely will not last more than a year (if it lasts that long). Does anyone remember when Passions tried to stay on the air in an alternative format it flopped after a few months. PP has also admitted that they are going to steer their new OLTL toward a younger audience and add their own new characters and focus on them and not the veteran actors. ABC should tell PP to take a walk and keep the actors in new roles. Easton could easily be Caleb or Stephen Clay and Howarth could be one of the Cassadines and Alderson could easily become Lucy’s adopted daughter Christina which they could call Tina to distinguish her from Sonny and Alexis’s daughter. Soap fans are savvy enough to handle the name changes. On GH Sarah Brown played two different characters simply by changing her hair color.

• Bob says:

Agree. Prospect’s adventure will collapse after six months. Why? For all the ballyhoo about the Internet, and the ability to watch anything at any time, people still like watching TV. Besides, daytime watchers have moved on to other things since the show was canceled.

• Lynette says:

I think it will crash simply because to many pauses and gliches on the computer, tried to watch show’s via computer and it sucks. Why can’t they just put them back on tv, that is what the people want!

• Linda says:

I agree – love John and Sam together – amazing chemistry !!!

2. Asia says:

At this point I’m beyond sick of Prospect Park. This whole thing has been such a mess from the get-go. What about what the actors want?

• Jen says:

Agreed. I missed OLTL and AMC when they were gone, but I’m over it. Even if Prospect Park gets this up and running, it won’t last. Just let it be already. Let these actors keep working on GH, on TV. Enough already.

• Cheri says:

It should be up to the actors on what they want to do. Or even let them do both shows if they can handle the work load.

• carm says:

I am happy to hear both soaps are returning – all my children and one life to live. But now that these actors have been on GH as JOHN, TODD and STAR they should be able to remain on the soap. Changing the actors names on GH will NOT be the same. They are best known as STAR JOHN and TODD. Also the storyline is great. Being from lankview and conitnuing the storyline to port charles is fun. I am sure that the writers could come up with a good enough stroy for these three actors with regards to their whereabouts. It would be easy to say these three actors are in port charles and they should be able to go back and forth from port charles and lankview. I think the role being played at the moment should be left alone and both soaps should benefit from the three actors playing in Lankview and Port Charles as JOHN, TODD and STAR

• saveorsuds says:

Relaunching these shows would be great for the industry and make PP tons of money. However PP continues to come of as bullies. They need to hire a PR team and start behaving like big kids.

• The Reasons says:

@savor is right, there is a serious image rehab that needs to happen for this property.

• I really don’t understand you saying they are bullies. I thought they were heroes because they were giving us back our shows. I’m sure something can be worked out. There are a lot of people who really, really love all these shows and love the idea of the intermigling. It’s so cool to know our characters are alive somewhere than to accept that they are gone and never coming back. Prospect Park gave us hope when, frankly, I didn’t think there was any left. Now I read that they are actually gonna pull it off. . .that is great news and every fan should be grateful. Peace & Love

• helpsaveoursoaps says:

AMEN hun!! they were gracious enough to allow GH to BORROW those character thus allowing the actors to work until they got them up and running. if any one is a bully it is abc! PP has said they would be willing to share these characters but that is not good enough for someone!! I hope in the end that everything works out according to what the actors want and that they are happy.
          I think fans should get behind PP and stop vilifying them. It took a while but they are so close to actually doing this no one should stand in their way!

• chica7540800 says:

Yeah GH BORRWED the characters!! ABC is the bully!! PP is well within there rights. I don’t see the relationships working if they went back & forth McBain & Sam are only friend and probably was go to hookup I don’t know writers said they were going to see other options for Sam so I don’t know. They can’t have Sam waiting for McBain, same for Michael he can’t wait for Starr to return and Carly’s too angry at Todd. Michael, Sam and Carly can’t sit around and not get a s/l waiting for the next time McBain, Todd and Starr show up and pick up where they left off. It’s would be less stressful if they did one soap.

• ace says:

Team ABC? They’re the ones who cancelled the shows in the first place! PP rescued OLTL and AMC. Let’s all remember that.

• Russell says:

Ok. You be the actor. An actor with a family. Try having a job that you put in 12 hour days,often longer – rehearsing, playing out scenes. Now, times that by two. Remembering two sets of scripts, two 12 hour days…and then not having enough time to spend with the family or yourself. I smell burn out. Quality of performances will go down. They are heroes in one respect, but bullies to the actors and more so to us viewers

• Deborah says:

Agreed Russel……thats a big work load for our actors to bite off….gotta have family and down time!

• M. Dali says:

I totally agree. Every time PP releases yet another statement contradicting an earlier one, it makes them look confused and completely unprofessional.

PP: Let them stay at GH and move on! There are many other available actors from OLTL to work with that the fans would love to see!

• Ella says:

Yes, Asia, thank you! It should be the actors’ choice. But PP is well aware that 2 of the 3 actors refused to sign with them. Michael Easton did, but he did so after Cartini had already agreed to helm the project. What if he wants to remain with them? Doesn’t want to relocate? OLTL is his choice. But PP has banned him from tgw GH set after Feb 8, taking money out of his pocket. Let PP keep the characters and GH keep employing the actors, if that’s what the actors want. PP is doing damage control but is coming across petty, like punishing the actors will further their cause? Lots of GH viewers, like me, were also OLTL viewers. PP is looking at losing viewers they need, alienating those who love both shows. I won’t watch OLTL if PP continues to punish the actors or try to hurt GH, which is the main reason PP can now resurrect OLTL. GH kept Llanview alive and kept interest high. Without it, PP would not be resurrecting anything. And without the fans, some of whom are being alienated by PP as we speak.

• Rachel says:

This “thing” was a mess from the get-go not because of Prospect Park but because of idiots who were tantruming like babies screaming that they would only watch the shows if they were on television. Prospect Park has worked tirelessly behind the scenes to bring AMC and OLTL back to us……to thumb noses at them know is the VERY definition of looking a gift horse in the mouth.

3. saveorsuds says:

So PP decides to pull the characters thinking that means they can have the actors, GH calls there bluff and releases stmt that they are keeping the actors, then PP releases this statement. Round and round it goes.

4. Mandy says:

Not cool. These three characters fit in so well on GH. Prospect Park should move on without them. Fans are already pissed they should stop before they lose viewers before they even start filming.

5. Mick says:

ABC knew that PP held the rights to these characters when they sold the licensing fee. ABC then played a game of chicken thinking PP wouldn’t succeed. PP has last laugh and the actors are screwed over. Typical business.

6. Bellaz says:

These characters belong to OLTL. I am sure GH would do fine without them, they have enough underused characters as it is.

7. Lyndsey says:

It’s pretty funny how Prospect Park can come across as whiny brats in their attempt to appear magnanimous. At least 2 of those actors never had contracts with PP so they have no obligation to them whatsoever. PP attempted to throw its weight around talking about owning the characters but somehow I don’t think it’ll do them much good if the actors want no part of it. I doubt a lot of people would bother tuning in if half the characters are recast. And ticking off soap fans before you even start filming is a particularly asinine move when you’re trying to bring a soap back.

8. On the side of the soaps… I want the genre to stay alive. Whatever it is that can do that, I’m on the side.

9. Ella B. says:

GH is already trying to work a way to change John into ‘Caleb the Vampire’, so even if PP keeps “John”, Michael Easton can do GH. Personally I have zero interest in seeing vampires on GH and wish there had been a way to resolve this without getting ridiculous…

• Shirley says:

General Hospital has been most ridiculous for several years now. I am in my early 60’s, and began GH when there was Dr. Hardy, Audrey and her sister Lucy, Jessie and Phil Brewer. Those were the good old days. GH actually gave me something to look forward to each day other than the life I was living. Jason has been a most important character on GH, he left and they didn’t even try to bring in another Jason which would of been great for the story lines with Sam, Sonny, Michael, Elizabeth, Carly and all the other characters. All that is a dead end now, and has been for a very long, long time. People like me got tired of waiting for someone to take over this role, Robin’s role and alot of others. People would of eventually accepted someone else for this role, and even Robin’s. Patrick, Robin and Emma showed us all a good family portrayal with alot of love together even though they had major problems also showed how families can work together to overcome great strides. There’s not one good family portrayal with any of the others on that show. The crap with this Robin mess. I adored her character and I know alot of other fans did too. If she decided not to come back, GH should have gotten another girl to fill this role. We would of had something to look forward to in regular everyday living. These characters were so real that we could actually feel as if we were a part of them. Great actors and actresses. Alot of this soap had alot to do with the mob group and this was great. Now, there isn’t anything rough or manly when it comes to any of the characters roles. For a long time, Sonny has been a softy with his character. What happened to him? This thing with Kate/Connie ran its just end a long time ago. This is definitely a pathetic story line, especially for Sonny, and for those of us who have to fast forward through all those parts. My son is 35 years of age and has been watching GH for a very long time. I used to VCR this for my son everyday. Now, he DVR’s all episodes as he works alot of hours and he can watch it when he gets home from work for the Jason/Sonny roles. But, those story lines are completely dead now. They were the main reason for my son to start watching Gh, and for alot of his friends and their families also. For quite a while now, there has been so much crap on GH, we mostly fast forwarded two thirds of the show everyday. We have both just about decided it is time to drop GH. It is too slow moving and frankly, boring as hell. This show has gotten to where there is nothing in it to keep you looking forward til the next episode to see what is going on. I remember living through the Ice Princess and I thought that was way too far out there, now vampires? One or two can be wrong, but not most of the viewers. Hopefully, someone will come up with a great soap again like GH once was, Knots Landing, etc., anything but what there is now. We the viewers would like to have a soap that we can actually relate to sometimes. Wow, what a great idea. Ha Ha Ha. Enough is Enough!

• maria says:

A lot of fans feel exactly the opposite of what you are saying, including myself. If I recall, the Ice Princess story line gave GH some of it’s highest ratings ever. The show was on the verge of being cancelled and Gloria Monty came in and not only saved it, but made it the number one soap. As for the vampires, it is a little far fetched, but I think it’s great how the writers, using humor, address the actors different roles. The whole Thomas is Alcazar thing is hysterical and great that they don’t just pretend that they look exactly a like.

• Tammy says:

I have to agree with the Vampires! I didn’t watch P.C when it was on so this whole Vampire thing is new to me on GH! I hate anything on TV, Movies, etc. where Vampires are involved it doesn’t interest me at all. I feel that the Actors should have a choice where they want to be as well. If they want to stay on GH let them, if they want to go back to OLTL let them or let them do both. I also think that since AMC and OLTL are coming back it should be on regular or cable T.V. NOT iTunes or Hulu or whatever it is called. That is going to turn a lot of fans away especially the ones who have no idea what those are like the Elderly Women who were faithful watchers since day 1! Stupid move on P.P. part and hope that the Actors/Actresses don’t regret going back! Half hour book it should still be an hour since we do have to pay to watch!

10. Mary says:

Whatever happens, I don’t want the actors to get the bad end of the bargain. I also don’t want ABC/GH to turn these characters into new characters and I clearly don’t want Prospect Park to recast their characters. I’ll continue to watch GH even if OLTL does come back, and I would be thrilled to continue seeing Todd, John and Starr played by these actors because at least I’ll get to see a part of Llanview if I can’t watch OLTL. Right now, I’m still waiting for a cable network to pick up these soaps so I can watch them.

11. Stacey says:

They may own the characters. But you can’t expect the three to want to uproute their lives, to do joint custody between shows. GH shoots in LA and OLTL will shoot in Connecticut. Logical nightmare. And the actors won’t want to go to a show, when they have a higher paycheck with ABC. Only Michael had signed a deal with PP before it failed to launch the first time. The other two had no intentions… I can’t see how they want to go now…

12. kay says:

Let them go back where they came from.
    I like GH and GH characters, OLTL’s castoffs.

13. Heather says:

I can’t believe I am Team ABC after they screwed OLTL, the cast, crew and fans. But this is ridiculous. PP dropped the ball. Ron Carlivati and the writers at GH have worked hard to keep these characters alive (as well as Blair and Tea!) and integrate them into the GH canvas. Suddenly PP has the cash to start up again and they pull this crap? They are messing with the lives of these dedicated actors as well, not just the viewers of both soaps. Bring them on to wrap up their OLTL stories and the let GH continue with them.

• big cheddar says:

THIS^^^.

• Rachel says:

PP did NOT drop the ball. Ignorant so called “fans” caused problems with potential investors by having a hissy fit about the shows going online instead of airing on a network. PP doesn’t “suddenly” have the cash……they have been quietly and tirelessly worked to secure deals with the unions and hulu to bring us our shows back. What is ridiculous is supposed “fans” like you Heather. These are OLTL not GH characters…..and McBain ESPECIALLY needs to get the hell out of Port Charles.

14. Robert says:

Im for both ABC and PP. Make a deal with the actors that sends them to OLTL for a few weeks then return them to GH. While John may be important to OLTL still, Todd and Starr should stay on GH. Todd is hated in Llanview and Starr left town before the network end. If ABC wins, then they could ruin the chances of crossovers. If PP recasts the roles, then they lose.

15. connie says:

I have loved oltl for over 25 years. I respect prospect park for bring it back. But why drag actors away from their prospective home. Why do they HAVE to HAVE Todd,Starr and John? They are willing to go without Jess. Of course BW is not on GH and has moved on. But they are not intending to have other legacy characters such as Jessica or Joey or Kevin Buchanan. I just dont get it. If they fail it will because of stupid stuff like this. Fans do not want the actors dragged off OLTL. Hell I hate Todd with a passion. But think it so dumb to drag Roger back. I hope ABC wins the fight to be honest. I may have a chip with ABC for cancelling in the first place. But i am on the side of the actors not the characters!!!!

16. ADC says:

Todd/John/Starr will never be GH characters in my eyes. They were on loan, but now they have to be given back. It’s as simple as that.

17. Amy says:

I want all three characters to return to OLTL. They should have never been brought over to begin with. And to turn the show upside down to keep them is dumb.

18. chica7540800 says:

I will MISS Todd & Starr, McBain not so much. He was better on OLTL. I’m GLAD McBain is going back to OLTL. I like the OLTL version McBain better then GH version McBain. He ONLY hung around Sam ANNOYING!! He didn’t have much airtime or decent s/l.

19. Brian says:

This is crazy! Why PP won’t allow the characters to continue being used by GH is stupid. Allow the characters to be seen on GH only helps to promote the new OLTL. Story wise, Todd has began burning bridges in Port Charles so I don’t see much conflict in GH giving the character back to OLTL. Star had left OLTL to move to LA so why not let her stay in PC which would leave the door open for future crossovers. As for Mcbain, if Micheal Easton wishes to stay with GH then have his Mcbain character return to OLTL and after being wounded in an explosion or something that would open the door up for a recast (ie: plastic surgery) and then Easton can remain on GH as Caleb. Minus the Vampire bit hopefully!

20. Sonny and Brenda Forever totally made me LOL! If they recast Todd on OLTL I suggest Trever St. John!!!!! Hee!

21. dude says:

OLTL can have John and Starr. Just don’t take my Todd!

22. Tani Kaimi says:

No Vampires we had been bombarded with mobsters for years don’t want to see Caleb back? I’m not a John Mcbain fan but I’m liking him on GH and I love Todd and Starr on Gh?I really was hoping Blaire would come to GH too?Watching OLTL now really doesn’t thrill me especially since Todd and Starr are on Gh and I have bad computer to begin with don’t want to watcfh online?Id rather have this whole thing be a dream of Laura Spencer who we find is still in the sanitarium in a catonic state and awakens after bad dream of Vampires& Mobster having taken over PC?

• Lou says:

Yes so many fantastic vets being brought back to GH with rich connections and history on the show. I’ve seen so many fans begging for more story for some of them, Robert Scorpio for example. Or an actual story for Liz. But you want to deny us our vets? Returning Todd , Starr, John to their rightful home in Llanview would free up airtime for all those underutilized GH vets. Win-win.

If the actors don’t want to sign with PP, that’s fine. PP has the right to recast and continue the stories of characters they own. That’s the nature of soaps.

23. Cath says:

OMG! GH fans are just a bunch of big babies. Months ago you whined & whined about OLTL imports invading your shows. And now you want to moan & bitch over their loss when you have Anna, Duke, Robert, Faison, Jax, Jerry, AJ, Lucy, Kevin, Felicia, Frisco, Scotty & mother effing Laura Spencer coming back for the 50th anniversary?!? Cry me a river. OLTL fans want their soap & their characters back.

• I Heart Damon Salvatore says:

So much word to this post. For months all we heard was, “OLTL castoffs” and “interlopers” and “GH should focus on GH.” Now, it’s, “No! They’re ours!” I think next time I rent a car, I should call up the agency and say, “You know, I like this cushy Lexus you guys let me borrow. It looks nice in my driveway and I really can’t be bothered to go buy my own car. Think I’ll keep it!”

• Jolie Fan says:

I completely agree!!!! GH fans did nothing but Bitch about them coming on and taking up canvas time from GH’s own characters! Now they are bitching because ABC screwed them and the actors by LYING to Both and now PP is taking back their characters! But we should not be surprised as ABC does nothing but Lie! ME has already stated that he was Just TOLD after not knowing anything, Well if he didn’t know anything then how exactly is it that ABC makes statement about him not being happy about going to OLTL??
      The only ones that GH FANS have the right to be mad at is ABC FV AND RC!
      PP owns them characters and they have every right to have them and ABC had NO RIGHT to offer them Long Term contracts KNOWING what the agreement was between them!!
      ABC is nothing but a bunch of liars and scam artists and they could care less about fans, or the actors or GH! And GH fans will learn that sooner or later!

24. sean says:

Sonny&Brenda forever

25. Kassie says:

PP is so dumb. Roger and Kristen never even were going to sign a contract with them. Kristen and Eddie made it clear when OLTL was over they were moving to LA. Just because actors had a contract with ABC when it owned OLTL doesn’t mean they ever wanted anything to do with PP. PP does not need these characters for OLTL to go on. OLTL did without Roger for years (all of them i hated). All PP is going to end up doing is pissing of soap fans and then they will have no one to watch the shows. Grrrrrr! I hate PP.

26. Kay says:

the one life characters belong on one life. ABC knew the deal. Let them go and focus on GH.

27. I Heart Damon Salvatore says:

I just don’t see how PP is in the wrong here. They paid MILLIONS of dollars for the rights to these shows and John and Todd are integral pieces of the canvas. I’m sure that all of you, if you paid a bunch of money for something, only to get it and find pieces of it have been broken off and kept by the sender, you’re going to be miffed.

28. JJ says:

Who cares what PP paid for? They are the ones who couldn’t produce the new show in time. And two of these actors wanted nothing to do with PP. So recast 2 legacy characters who favs have just been watching loyally? That’s how you gain viewers.

See PP is in no room to play hardball. They need to kyss every ass they can. Especially fans. Screwing over fans by yanking characters away from GH, potentially forcing actors from a job, and then recasting those actors, is the best way to fail. OLTL has tons of characters. PP’s millions are t being wasted if 3 of them aren’t there, especially when all 3 characters had pretty much moved on anyway. People were psyched at the posted cast list. It was a good cast. OLTL online needs to be smaller, They should do without the GH trio.

• I Heart Damon Salvatore says:

GH ALSO has tons of characters. They’ve got fifty years of characters to draw from. As for PP, they’re putting lots of actors and crew members back to work. Remember why they lost their jobs? Because ABC canceled the shows! Who cares if they couldn’t immediately launch? They’re launching now and they have every right to what they paid for. We accepted a recast Todd once — who’s to say lightning can’t strike twice?

• maria says:

I’ll believe it when i see it. Got my hopes up with PP before and so did the cast and crew, they even had signed contracts and look what happened. Also, did anyone else think that maybe PP made progress with the reboots because people saw how sucessful the OLTL characters were on GH? Like it or not, GH helped to keep OLTL on peoples minds and in a way kept the show alive even visiting “lanview” a few times. For all we know, this reboot still wouldn’t be happening if not for GH keeping the momentum going.

• Jolie Fam says:

Let’s get something Straight here MARIA, GH HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS RELAUNCH! OLTL FANS never stopped thinking about OLTL, that’s where all the petitions came from and the boycotting ABC came from and the emailing sponsors of ABC asking them to pull their advertising and some big name ones did ((Hershey’s’ and Hoover were two of them))! Believe it or not, not everyone is a fan of GH nor is GH the Holy Grail of Soaps either! And did not watch it in order to see OLTL characters! I am one of them people and I know a lot more. PP and The fans kept OLTL ALIVE! GH HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT! BTW MARIA THE OLTL CHARACTERS SAVED YOUR SHOW FROM BEING CANCELLED! SO REALLY PLEASE STOP WITH THE ALL MIGHTY GH SAVED POOR LITTLE OLTL CRAP!

• Maria says:

WOW JOLIE, so glad we can have a civilized conversation here!? What’s all the screaming about? I am a huge OLTL fan and I wrote letters , signed pettions, made phone calls and sent coupons in too! I can show you the email responses I got from Hoover and Hershey too! I am not just a “whiny, baby” GH fan. I am a fan of the entire genre and I believe the only thing all this fighting among soap fans is going to accomplish is to divide and conquer. What happened to sticking together for a common cause? And I respectfully disagree with you, I do believe that having OLTL characters on GH did help to keep the show alive. You know what they say, out of sight, out of mind! I hope the actors end up where they want to be regardless of what characters they are playing. They have been screwed around enough already. It really doesn’t matter what either of our “opinions” are, we have no say in the matter. Now if you work for PP in some high executive position, than I apologize for questioning you, but I highly doubt that is the case!

• GHFan says:

Please Jolie we all know that your camp are only concerned with trying to force Michael Easton to go on to this rinky dink online production to keep the ever dull and lackluster pairing of John and Natalie alive. Honestly the entire Jolie camp are so rude and mean to anyone who thinks this coupling is not terrific. Michael Easton has a so much better gig on GH. He comes alive on GH and sadly did not on OLTL. He shines with Kelly Monaco as his leading lady and sorry he never did with Melissa Archer. Michael Easton does not want to be on OLTL online plain and simple. And if you think OLTL is gonna focus on the vets you are going to be very surprised when the focus of show ends up being newbie teens that PP hires.

• Jolie Fan says:

First of all you need to stop calling them GH ANYTHING! They DO NOT BELONG TO GH! They belong to PP AND OLTL!!!!! And yes they do have room to play hard ball as ABC disregarded the agreement they had with PP! GH FANS LISTEN UP……THE 2 TODD STORY LINE IS FAR FROM OVER AND JOHN AND NATALIE’S STORY LINE WAS JUST BEGINNING SO DON’T STOP WITH THE THEY ARE NOT NEEDED CRAP!!!!

• chica7540800 says:

ITA I enjoyed Starr & Todd and McBain kind of annoyed me on GH, but your right they are needed on OLTL McBain has MORE friends and family in Llanview. On GH McBain has Anna & Sam as friends, no family, no nothing. Todd & Starr family is in Llanview. I think they are very much needed.

• GHFan says:

Well you can carry on with your John and Natalie storyline with a new John.

• Rachel says:

The REASON they couldn’t produce the shows in time was because of the morons who threw hissy fits about the shows going online. PP NEVER gave up on bringing these shows back to us. And any true soap fan should bust their butt to make sure the relaunches are a success. Because WHEN ABC eventually screws the fans over yet again and cancels GH……that show will need a home too.

29. xialei says:

As soap opera fans, we are a passionate bunch. It’s great to see such uproar as folks seemingly argue and debate the merits of three favored characters. Let’s hope this translates into renewed and increased viewership for daytime drama in general.

But let’s keep in mind the following first:

1) OLTL and AMC are coming back. Guys, that’s huge news. News that’s very much worthy of celebration.

2) AMC in particular will be interesting as Susan Lucci has not signed back on yet. While many of us fans will miss Erica Kane if she ultimately doesn’t return at launch, how exciting is it to see “AMC 2.0″ come back? Here’s a chance for them to be bolder and fresher and really take storytelling risks. Very much like when LOVING transitioned into THE CITY.

3) OLTL on the other hand has the good fortune of having most of their foundational characters return. We’ll get Vikki, Dorian, Nora, Bo and Blair back! This show, if the producers and writers get it right, has the most hope of transitioning seamlessly into it’s next life (ironically, the show itself is determined to not follow its moniker)!

This leaves us with Todd, Starr and John on GH. The legalese needs to be resolved still. And the real shame here is that talented and charismatic actors are potentially unable to work for a while. That is the real tragedy here.

Look, GH will be fine if Todd, Starr and John all of a sudden fell down an elevator shaft and died. GH survived 35+ years without them, and it’ll survive many more still.

But what I hope happens is that ABC and Prospect Park see a real opportunity here to negotiate production scheduling and actor contracts and allow John McBain, Todd Manning and Starr Manning to converge in-and-out of both OLTL and GH. This is 2013, parents who live in separate cities and share a child are very much real. With John in Port Charles and Natalie in Llanview, we can see how co-parenting an infant works when the parents don’t live in the same city. Starr taking summer break to see her mother, Blair makes sense to me. If there’s a way to share these characters that’s not just “Mon, Wed, Fri – GH gets them; Tue, Thurs – OLTL gets them”, I think this is what would be exciting.

And from a behind-the-scene standpoint, surely PP sees the benefits of having recurring characters that appear regularly on GH. And ABC now gets to dip its toe in online entertainment production, potentially opening the network up to a new form of streaming income in the future (and this is very much the future). As for the actors involved, they get to be the first stars to have TV and online exposure while playing the same characters.

… and what about us, the viewing audience? Well finally, we get to access our “stories” in multiple channels. And our beloved characters get a chance to be more complex and involved in their lives in a way we haven’t seen before. We get to embrace all that we loved about soaps, but are challenged to view the genre and the storytelling in new ways.

How can this be bad? We should be encouraging all of this.

• chica7540800 says:

I agree!!!!!! I enjoyed Starr, Todd and McBain was kind of a pain, but like you said GH will survive without them. We may LOVE these characters, but the show must go on.

• GHFan says:

The actors will be staying with ABC and GH. The actors are under contract to ABC and not to PP. PP can take the characters but the actors will stay with GH.

30. Nancy says:

I don’t like any of the three, so take them off GH and I’ll have less to ffwd.

31. moshane58 says:

I don’t blame them for not wanting to go.They will lose alot.Didn’t ABC give an extention to PP?Seems to me there rights where gone when they did not air the shows on time.I wonder of its all to bring done GH’s ratings hoping people will be pissed off nd stop watching.Then ABC cancel GH to.Starr lefted LLandveiw at the end of OLTL.All this is damn fishy to me.It doesn’t add up.If they gave PP an extention then ABC could have resolve this easy.Don’t trust ABC or PP.PP done said they wanted to go with a younger cast.WHY?CW tries to grab the younger demo and cancelling shows all the time because the audiences is not there.Think we all will be disappointed with what they plan.PP done lied about keeping the same format and hours.Now its down to 4 one half hour shows a week for six week.I wish PP would just get out of this mess.They have no interest in pleasing the fans there on a age demo that will not keep the shows going.These shows are based upon decades of history.

32. I blame ABC/D TOTALLY for this whole mess. They were the ones who cancelled OLTL and AMC in the first place because of their corporate greed. They wanted to go the cheap reality show route(look how well that went THE REVOLUTION OLTL’S replacement was canned a mere few months later). Then in comes ABC (AGAIN) and sells the rights to PP who could not make a go of production in such a short time. YET AGAIN ABC decides to make a deal with PP to use these three AS A LOAN for GH. Like the big bully in the playground they NEVER thought the little guy PP would make a go of OLTL OR AMC. Just like a bully they laughed behind PP back and went about their business not realizing PP WAS ALL THESE MONTHS making deals with unions and financing to make a go of these shows. NOW they are surprised that PP WANTS OLTL VET CORE CHARACTERS back? If my son borrows something from someone he knows that he is loaning it NOT keeping it and he has to give it back when the other party wants it. As for the actors ABC should never have given nor should PP have allowed long time oltl vets to have contracts with ABC. All this said ABC is acting like a bully PP is the new kid in the park and the actors and us the fans are caught in the middle. I feel a loan is a loan all parties concerned should have realized this and now its time to go home. GH has PLENTY of characters to dip into and the ratings are good so whats the problem. Why such an emphasis on three oltl characters in the first place.Right now GH IS BUSTING at the seams with actors so what if these three go? They should be let out of their contracts and allowed to go to oltl or move on elsewhere. It would be MUCH to confusing for viewers to see them as other characters and i dont think many oltl fans want another recast of Todd(been their done that). IMO ABC Better play nice with PP because who knows with the economy the way it is ABC MIGHT decide to drop GH and sell it to PP.

33. Leigh says:

The only reason I want Todd back at OLTL is so they can tie up the storyline he has about killing Victor and Trevor St. John can return. After that Gh can keep them. I will not miss them, especially after Gh changed their histories so much. They killed off Cole and Hope! How can they go back to OLTL with such a huge difference in their characters lives?

34. csb says:

Just take care of the actors who have won our hearts! They as well as their producers/writers are what keeps us soap fans dedicated!

35. Cheryl says:

I am firmly Team PP! GH knew what they were getting into a year ago when they wanted to bring these characters over-and they did it to “boost” GH ratings by baiting the One Life to Live fans with THEIR characters, and now that our show is back we want these characters back! Shame on ABC for doing this to fans, actors and their families!
    This time a year ago, GH fans were whining that the “lifers” were gonna “Take over”, now they’re screaming no fair when PP wants their characters back!
    I want my John far, far, far away from Cartini and GH and back with HIS family–you know the son he abandoned to sniff after Sam! Cartini ruined our network endings and I prayed PP would get off the ground and reclaim their characters and it has happened! I say recast The roles, let GH have the actors and watch them scramble to “create” new roles(which should have happened in the first place and no one would be in this mess today) and watch them fall flat on their face!!

• chica7540800 says:

haha I want John far away from GH & back with his family too. I REALLY REALLY don’t like what they did to McBain, the writers made him abandon his son, he just found out he was Liam father
      and left & like you said to sniff after Sam haha He needs to go back to Llanview.

36. Judy says:

Are we forgetting how ABC screwed over it’s loyal viewers and cancelled our soaps despite a huge public outcry?? While GH has kept the characters alive and Todd, esp., has fit in well with their storylines, ABC does not deserve any concessions. The characters need to return to OLTL with a BIG Thank You for helping to revive GH, which has improved tremendously since they arrived. But OLTL needs these characters back. They were an integral part of their story.

37. Tom Hunter says:

Todd’s story re: ‘killing Victor Jr. ‘ was already resolved off screen before Todd came to Port Charles. No reason that Vic Jr. can’t show up now and Todd hear about it in Port Charles.

• Ernie says:

The only reason Todd is in Port Charles now is because his family ran him out of town for killing Victor. If Victor is found alive, Todd would return home.

• Jolie Fan says:

“Todd” ran to PC had to do with his secret that he is “pretending” to be his Brother Todd, His “Family” had nothing to do with it! He was also trying to get away with everything he did!!

• jam32 says:

Something tells me u really didnt follow the story too well hun cause it had everything to do with his family even though it seems as though he killed vic if his family had of stuck by him mainly Blair and the kids he wouldn’t hav gone anywhere because with todd its all about them having his bac no matter wat he does because Blair can b a disloyal tramp as many times as she has to Todd and he still takes her bac every time be pissed as hell and gets her bac but still loves her and tackles any body that messes with her but they turned on him so he cut rather than be put on trial for murder and not hav the love and support of his fam even Vicki still stands by him no matter wat but they never do

• jam32 says:

Something tells me u really didnt follow the story too well hun cause it had everything to do with his family even though it seems as though he killed vic if his family had of stuck by him mainly Blair and the kids he wouldn’t hav gone anywhere because with todd its all about them having his bac no matter wat like he does because Blair can b a disloyal tramp as many times as she has to Todd and he still takes her bac every time be pissed as hell and gets her bac but still loves her and tackles any body that messes with her but they turned on him so he cut rather than be put on trial for murder and not hav the love and support of his fam even Vicki still stands by him no matter wat but they never do

• liz moffre says:

As soon as Roger, Michael and Kristen get back to GH the better off everyone will be. After all who cancelled their show to begin with? I was a long time viewer of OLTL . . . BUT it’s over now. They belong to GH now and I don’t care how the writers work them in to the story. People on soaps come back from the dead all the time so-o-o it shouldn’t be a stretch to bring them back from PA. We already prooved that we love Todd even if he did kill his brother not to mention it really doesn’t matter if Michael is a cop or a vampire. This is not, after al,l a documentary – – IT’S FANTASY FOLKS- – That’s why we watch it.

• Jolie Fam says:

“Todd” ran to Port Charles because his family ran him out of Town because of what happened to “Victor Jr” WOW! You gh fans will believe anything OL Ron throws out there won’t ya’s LMAO! INCREDIBLE!

• Jolie Fan says:

Who the F*** cares if it was “resolved” off screen STRICTLY FOR GH’s BENEFIT! We OLTL have every right to see that story line finished as OLTL know that is MOST DEFINITELY NOT FINISHED! Just because GH fans want it finished does not make it so!

38. Jolie Fan says:

First of all you GH fans think that the OLTL fans are going to keep watching GH after OLTL goes back on the air! HA think again!!!

• maria says:

So glad we are turning this into a fight between the fans. Haven’t you people learned anything yet! We are trying to save the whole genre, not just one show. Quite honestly, I don’t think the PP online versions are going to make it. 4 half hour shows a week is not going to be enough to satisfy real fans. Especially since they will be adding new characters. It will be hard to start to care about these new characters when they are taking time away from the aprox. 18 minutes of air time an episode. Just my opinion, huge fan of all 3 shows but trying to be realistic about the whole mess.

• Jolie Fam says:

Gee Maria do you like the taste of your foot? You sure so do put it in your mouth quite often! Number 1 Your hour long show is actually only about 1/2 hour to 35 minutes long because of the commercials, So our Half hour long show with very limited to NO COMMERCIALS, is the same.
        2 They are going on for 5 days a week
        3 I am a REAL FAN and ANY FAN OF OLTL will take 5 1/2 hour long shows a week to NO OLTL AT ALL so keep your real fan comments to yourself!
        4 There are Cable Networks that are interested in Picking up both AMC and OLTL after they are launched online, So their time online might not be that long!
        5 you don’t think it will work, well so did a lot of ppl when they took them from Radio to Television but 40~50 years later you are still watching them on TV aren’t ya??
        6 New characters come to shows all the time so what is your point??
        7 Your not trying to be realistic your hoping that it fails so ABC can keep the OLTL characters~

• maria says:

Ok Jolie, this is my last response to you because you obviously are only interested in attacking people who don’t think exactly the same way as you. In none of my posts have I attacked anyone personally and all I have done is try to look at the situation as a fan of all 3 shows. I do not hope PP fails, because I too have put in a lot of time trying to get these shows back on the air. As a matter of fact, OLTL is my favorite of the 3 shows. I admit that I am enjoying the OLTL characters on GH, one of the reasons being that I miss OLTL and this has helped to keep the show “alive” for me. Like I said before, one of the reasons these shows are coming back is because the fans all stuck together and fought as one, even people who weren’t particularly fans of AMC or OLTL, fought just to try to save a dying genre. If these shows do not succeed, it will be because of all this petty, BS fighting among fans. Once again Jolie, if you work for PP I apologize and you obviously do have all the answers. Either way, you really do not need to be so abusive or disrespectful of other peoples opinions. That is all ANY of us here are posting, our opinions!

39. MEG says:

Long time OLTL fan here…. but I kinda feel bad for the actors who sold their NYC homes to move West… they got me watching GH, and it has become pretty good! Since I only like half the GH characters, watching with the new blood was fun and I was glad to see the saggy show revitalized! The other half of the GH characters erk me a little, especially Michael, Sonny, Molly, Sam and the hospital staff who call patients ‘fools’ or make passes at them, etc. Wonder what would happen if the OL characters left for a while… only to return! Maybe I would have to watch to find out, but I will definitely watch OLTL and any show starring Roger Howarth period. Love Starr and John McBain anywhere too…. And I was intrigued by the PC tie-in of Caleb and vampires… saw one show of Caleb and Livvie and it was hot! Made me think Sam was ok again, not just a stoned doormat for the mob. And Starr shines on both shows!

• GHFan says:

Michael Easton is not going to go to PP’s OLTL, he will remain on GH as another characters and not John McBain. IT is GH’s win and OLTL’s loss.

40. blackkitties says:

I think both sides yanked these actors around and that is terrible. In the end I want Michael Easton and Melissa Archer together again on OLTL as John and Natalie. I hate how they have written John on GH. It is a travesty. I do not want ABC to benefit at all after what they did to the cast, crew and fans of OLTL.

41. Daysfan says:

Lol, only the McBam fans want John on GH. He belongs on OLTL. GH can have Caleb the elderly vampire.

42. Edwin says:

I’ve been reading these comments and the GH fans are really dumb they go from whining about OLTL characters taking over GH to then wanting to keep them and now they have the nerve to say GH saved oltl when in fact it was the contrary and the OLTL characters are the ones who saved GH. Prospect Park owns the rights to these characters simple at that these are OLTL characters and that is where they belong. Then people say PP is wrong for jerking around these actors but didn’t ABC uproot hundreds of lives of families of casts and crews of OLTL when they cancelled One Life? Prospect Park isn’t being greedy they are taking what belongs to them simple as that. GH fans are forgetting that GH would had been cancelled months ago if it wasn’t for OLTL. To top things off GH hasn’t even used these characters correctly, they killed Starr’s family. They made John a deadbeat dad and he has no purpose on the show of GH other then a non existant relationship between him and Sam who have only been paired because they happened to had been on another show together. These characters are great. Why? Because they are ONE LIFE TO LIVE characters. OLTL is the better soap and these are there characters. In the end it is up for the actors weather or not they want to join PP but no matter what these are OLTL characters they do not belong on GH and they never did. It’s funny how after these characters have been on OLTL for years, after just 1 year on GH these bone headed GH fans think that these are there characters smh. Tbh I don’t really care for Starr. But I do want Todd back for the “Tale of Two Todd’s” story and I want John to continue his and Natalie’s story.

• Mia says:

ITA they made McBain a deadbeat dad and gave Sam & McBain a connection because they were paired on PC!!

• I am a fan of both shows, and its really a shame how cartini distroy mcbain for his “connection” with sam! “rme” please what ever chemistry they had and PC is gone! that was then this is now, let the man go take care of his own son!

• GHFan says:

I do not know what show you are watching because the chemistry between Kelly Monaco and Michael Easton is still there as strong as ever. Michael Easton does not want to go to PP and the online version of OLTL, so if you get John back on the OLTL he won’t be played by Easton.

43. pvnative says:

I don’t understand how any true soap fan can be “Team ABC.” These are the guys who first devastated AMC with such poor micro- managing from people who did not understand day time dramas and their loyal fans, then brought in the worst writing teams in the industry to get fans to turn it off. ABC has never had much respect for OLTL, so even though they had great ratings they were still canceled and if Brian Frons had not been fired, he would have canceled GH for Katie Couric’s show. So instead they move OL’s EP and head writer to save GH and when ratings improve, now ABC wants to keep ALL the marbles. To me PP is definitely the heroes in this scenario. They are trying to resurrect 2 beloved shows in a new medium which can’t be an easy feat, because fans want the shows how the remember them, with same actors, sets, stories and productions values that they are used to. And it’s like trying to start a new business, a whole lot of money has to go out before any comes in and until they can make them profitable WE have to support them in any form they come in. As with anything, the bottom line is money and everybody involved wants their share!

44. Rachel says:

Prospect Park has worked tirelessly behind the scenes to bring AMC and OLTL back to us……to thumb noses at them know is the VERY definition of looking a gift horse in the mouth. The characters of John, Todd, and Starr are OLTL characters…not GH. And while they do currently appear on GH……I think it would be really nice if they could at least be around for the relaunch. Whether they stay after helping kick things off…..who knows. Lest we forget…..at least one of the three actors in question DID originally sign with PP to bring his character on to the reboot before whiny ungrateful fans caused a problem by throwing a hissy fit about PP bringing the shows online when ABC cancelled them. Prospect Park has showed us loyalty by continuing to work to bring us our shows back. ABC has laughed in our faces with p**s poor replacements for our shows. Yes Katie….I’m talking to YOU! If you’re supporting ABC after all it’s done to us….you have rocks where your brains should be.

45. Monica says:

So excited that Prospect Park are bringing AMC and OLTL back!!! Can’t wait.

46. Gigi says:

Wow, so the choices are ABC because they made it possible for Todd, Starr and John to have a roof over their heads or PP because ABC should crash? The way this is worded is like asking viewers to decided ABC because they are good or PP because ABC is bad. Shouldn’t it be worded so the viewers can decide who is right in their claim? Better yet why are you asking viewers to decide one or the other? I thought the goal was to save this genre. Guess I was wrong, dividing viewers is much more entertaining, only not.

47. Rachel says:

IF Abc was smart……they’d work out a deal where actors from GH would be able to visit Llanview from time to time. Say Anna has police business that requires her going to Llanview to work with Bo. Or have Diane duke it out in court with Nora over some new trouble Todd gets himself into in Llanview.
    But then if ABC was smart……OLTL would never have been canceled to begin with. The network is clearly trying to have its cake and eat it too.

48. Cat says:

I’ve been saying it this entire time, the idea of continued crossovers will help both GH and OLTL, so I hope they continue at least in the beginning of OLTL’s return. But I also hope the actors end up happy in the end as well, instead of being used as pawns…
    Also really praying they get picked up on cable. It would be nice to actually be able to watch, having fought the good fight to help bring them back!

49. This is lame, who did this poll? Prospect Park said they are willing to share the characters with GH. I think Prospect Park wants to do right by fans and we need to support them, not start drama with this poll. Everyone that can needs to watch online if we ever want it to go to cable.

50. elzabeth marcink says:

love my soaps hope rex and roxy and gigi come back to