Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Walking Dead, Grey's, Scandal, Big Bang, Nashville, Bones and More!

DAN BUCATINSKY (OBSCURED), JEFF PERRYQuestion: Thanks for all the Grey’s Anatomy and Scandal scoop this week? Did Shonda Rhimes happen to give you an airdate for that James/Cyrus scene that she described as one of the favorite scenes she’s ever written? —Stacy
Ausiello: Not only did she give me airdate (Thursday, Feb. 7) for the scene, but she told me what happens in it! “It is the culmination of what we’ve been watching them go through this whole season,” Rhimes revealed. “James has wanted a baby, James has been following this case and figuring out what Cyrus has been up too. It’s really James’ confrontation of Cyrus. And it [takes place over] an entire act.” Wait — there’s more! “And there is some very intriguing nudity involved,” Rhimes adds. “And it literally is my favorite thing I’ve done ever.” I guess I’ll watch it.

RELATED | Grey’s Anatomy Scoop: Is the Other Shoe About to Drop For Owen and Cristina?

Question: I’m kind of loving Jo/Alex on Grey’s Anatomy, but I think it’s time they stop being polite and start getting it on. She bought him a couch for chrissakes!  —Carrie
Ausiello: I’m right there with you, Carrie! It’s Shonda Rhimes that remains on the fence. Elaborarting on what she told me about the pair earlier in the week, Rhimes says, “I don’t know that you will see one of them cross the line. I’ve been watching this thing build. And I feel like we want the build to feel natural and real and not to have it go too fast. And not to feel engineered. I’m just watching their chemistry and enjoying them together. Right now, we’re just leaning into it and seeing where it goes.”

Question: Please tell me more about the next episode of Nashville. I’ll take anything you want to share about it. —Angel
Ausiello: I suspect this probably pertains to the next next next next next next episode, but I’m hearing something bad happens on the “Red Lips White Lies” tour. Like major-accident-with-numerous-casualties bad.

Question: Love your columns! Any scoop on Spartacus: War of the Damned? —Rich
Ausiello: The Feb. 22 episode is not for the faint of heart — and that’s saying something for a show that featured a bunch of children eating raw horse intestines. “For a long time [the show] shied away from the cruelty and the negativity of the rebellion,” notes leading man Liam McIntyre of Spartacus & Co. “And in Episode 4 that really gets put front and center. It gets real dark. The rebels were famous for not just being like Robin Hood-and-his-merry men, but also for raping and pillaging across the country. That component had to be addressed. It’s reprisal time, and it gets graphic and horrible to watch.” And yes, Spartacus gets his hands dirty, too. “There’s a scene at the end of the episode where he’s forced to make a very big call,” reveals McIntyre. “And it defines how his journey plays out the rest of the season.”

Question: I’m loving Once Upon a Time this season, but will we ever see Sidney Glass (Giancarlo Esposito) again? He’s been locked in that underground cell for months! —Dan R.
Ausiello: The man you seeketh — Esposito, not Glass — is a wee bit busy these days as a series regular on Revolution. (Don’t feel too embarrassed for forgetting — NBC’s blackout hit has been hibernating since Nov. 26 and won’t return till March.) I do, however, have some consolation Once scoop for you. Producers are casting a role enigmatically known as The Healer. He’s described as being an Asian male in his late 50s or 60s, a powerful and revered figure known for helping folks in terrible trouble. As you might expect from this mystical type of character, he’s known to fancy a flowery turn of phrase, and doleth out cryptic descriptions does he. (See what I did there?) Deep down, though, The Healer is deeply moral, he knows right from wrong and understands that his great powers come with great responsibilities. Now we’ll just have to see if one of those responsibilities will be helping Mulan revive the cursed Phillip when this healer pops up in Episode 18.

jartQuestion: Hart of Dixie spoilers are so rare! Please tell us something! —Audrey
Ausiello: Why, yes, Audrey, you did sense a little sparkage between Lavon and Annabeth last week — and they will act on it in the not-too-distant future.

Question: Do you have any scoop on when Castiel might be back on Supernatural? —Julia
Ausiello: Soon. “[Cas] is really crucial to the tablet stories,” says exec producer Bob Singer. “He’s going through a trail of his own that’s personal. Naomi’s very unhappy with him. Crawley’s very unhappy with him. He’s a confused angel right now.”

RELATED | Supernatural Scoop: Look Who’s Returning!

Question: Any scoop on The New Normal? Crossing my fingers for good news on a second season. —2 Red Pandas
Ausiello: Ask Ausiello: Now popular with pandas! Moving on, here’s some verrrrry innnnteresting casting scoop: Producers are looking to fill the role of [SPOILERS]‘s 16-year-old son? (Wait! I’m one episode behind on my DVR, but did we know [SPOILER] already had a kid?) Either way, the kid is described as 16, attractive and not unexpectedly filled with raging hormones.

Question: I’ve been absolutely loving White Collar this season! Have any interesting scoop? – Leslie
Ausiello: TV’s Man in Black, Titus Welliver, kicks off his arc tonight and he’s got plenty of reason to want Peter and Neal out of the picture. Permanently. See, that evidence Ellen left behind is capable of doing more than just clear Neal’s dad, James. “She discovered a lot of corruption within the police force and some of that will go to prove that [James is] innocent, but a lot of it will go to potentially be very damaging to Titus’s senator character, and a lot of [other] people in high keriplaces,” previews creator Jeff Eastin. And these powerful bad guys will “stop at nothing” to get the damning material. “They’ll kill off [anyone], they’ll kill Peter. It doesn’t matter who they kill to get to it.”

Question: I am so excited for FX’s The Americans. Got a tease or two? —Amy
Ausiello: Keri Russell kicks ass. And talks Russian. And wears Jordache jeans. She’s also dropping by my office Wednesday for an on-camera interview to discuss, among other things, why the Season 4 Felicity scene pictured above remains one of the high points of her career.

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments, and anonymous tips to askausiello@tvline.com. (Additional reporting by Vlada Gelman and KimRoots)

1. Laura says:

was that little Romney dig really necessary…. the election is over… let’s all move on

2. ABC says:

There are already pics of the Bombshell poster where {SPOILER} is Marilyn.

3. “Question: Could I please have a niblet of scoop on what’s coming up on the second half of The Walking Dead‘s third season? —Rob” just read the comics… heh

• Mike says:

Not necessarily the comics can give you a general idea about whats ahead but the show has changed many things already, and Daryl and Merle are exclusive to the tv show, and{COMIC SPOILERS} Lori doesn’t die until the end of the prison arc…and Sophia is still alive. So these spoilers can still be revealing, even if this one wasn’t.

4. Sara says:

One more proof that Booth and Brennan are definitely not the blind item. If they’re even bringing up marriage, they’re solid.
    Everyon expects her to propose so what could be the surprising element..;

• bonesfan says:

This ^^ I was thinking the same thing..they wouldn’t be talking about Marriage if they were broken up..

• Lauren says:

I’m not so sure. The Blind Item says that the break-up comes out of nowhere. So if they (Booth/Brennan) are talking about marriage now, or even in the finale, then wouldn’t an end-of-finale break-up come very much out of nowhere? (PS: I am not saying that I *want* B/B to break up — I really don’t! — only that I think it’s still possible that they are the Blind Item couple). And there’s still that clock/Pelant thing… I’m actually wondering if B&B will have to make it look (to Pelant) like they have broken up for some reason, but that in reality they will still be together (only, we won’t find out about the still-together part until after the summer hiatus, or even a few episodes into season 9). Hmmm.

• gwen says:

Hart has confirmed to GMMR that Booth and Brennan are a solid, solid, solid, solid couple all season long. 99 9% sure the Blind aint them. We alreay had them breakup S7, then a reunion. Doing the same again for the season 8 finale would be rinse and repeat, imo

• Lauren says:

Very true. However, I keep thinking that the Blind Item has to be either Castle or Bones. And AM, like HH, has sworn that he’s not going to do the “Moonlighting” thing and break up the lead pair. And Castle, like Bones, has also had repeat break-ups (though unofficial — i.e., Castle and Beckett ended their partnership) in finales past. Moreover, in a previous interview, AM stated that he might consider the Caskett marriage issue by the end of this season. Now I don’t know what/whom to believe… Help!

• Mike says:

Whose left then, Parenthood is over for the season you can rule out those two, Shonda declined any major couples ending.

• Sara says:

It could be anyone. OUAT, Castle, The Good Wife…
        You can’t predict much with OUAT unless there’s a spoiler out there that confirms otherwise. I wouldn’t know.
        I don’t watch The Good Wife.
        My bet is on Castle. They loooove relationship drama… The couple is still new and they’re still in the honeymoon phase. Also, they like to end seasons with cliffhangers that always seem to revolve around the two main characters.

• scooby says:

Castle isn’t expecting to end next season. It’s not them. Also, Andrew Marlowe’s made it clear he hated how Moonlighting couldn’t figure out how to write for a couple so they immediately broke them up to force drama back into the relationship which was part of that show’s trouble. He likes all the twists and turns of Castle and Beckett working out coupledom. They won’t be breaking up in the finale. Besides, Andrew and his wife Terri are trucking along quite happily. They’re not gonna have characters based on them be unable to keep it together.

• Bianca says:

Ok, thanks Andrew Marlowe…

• Stacey says:

You forget showrunners, writers LIE. They might like something at the beginning of the season. By the end, it’s a whole new story. And the ratings very much indicate it could be the endgame next season. Although ABC needs more new shows to succeed before it really does get rid of the show. They are currently under 2.0 each week. Not the greatest. It’s never a good thing to believe a word the writers say until it’s on screen. So it very well could be Castle. Or BONES for that matter but recent spoilers do indicate maybe Hart is going another way!

• Steph says:

Showrunners do lie. I’m a Bones fan and I’ll be the first one to admit that even Hart Hanson himself lied four years ago when he said that the big sex scene wasn’t a dream. Keep your expectations in check, All they want to do is make you come back next season.

• Stacey says:

It’s either Shondra lying. Or Good Wife (Peter and Alicia are not exactly beloved). Or Nikita. Or Once Upon a Time (although it’s not going into it’s likely last season, so doubtful). Or Castle. So I am leaning on Nikita or Castle. Both shows have laid potential seeds apparently. I only watch Castle of the two. But Nikita and Michael are apparently having a hard time. So out of the blue, I say Castle. Or if BONES (Hodgins and Angela again, and the couple was the wrong one in the picture)

• Sara says:

I forgot about Nikita. Yes, could be them too.

• dude says:

Nikita has a tendency to flip the series on its head in season finales (Nikita vs Alex, Nikita on the run, Nikita takes over Division) so it wouldn’t at all be surprising if the finale finds Nikita and Michael on opposing sides and actually squaring off against each other like they did with her and Alex. With next season rumored to be their last, it would provide good tension for the final season and obviously build towards them reuniting in the series finale. I can very much see this happen.

• scooby says:

Do people not read the entire blind? Can’t be Castle based on the timeline of the show. I’d be stunned if they ended after next season. No, there haven’t been seeds planted to indicate a breakup. Don’t believe the haters. People may be trying to sew seeds of discontent amongst viewers because they don’t spend every episode making out or having sex, but Castle and Beckett are fine.

• Rita says:

Why are you so defensive? This is just speculation not people being haters. Haters would be saying “ugh I hate castle, castle is crap, i hope they break up”, learn to let people speak their minds.

• madbengalsfan85 says:

The surprise would be Temperance “Marriage is an Archaic Ritual” Brennan proposing

• Lena says:

I think there’s more than just her poposing. Nobody expects Booth to propose since he told her that she’s gonna have to do it herself in the very first episode we saw them as a couple. Pelant is in the finale too… Maybe he does something that forces them to get married for legal protection for their daughter or something like that.

• The Squatch says:

Probably not, but this just made me think… what if Pelant could somehow make it so on paper, legally, Christine was *his* daughter and they tried to force them to give her over to him. I think that would finally be the thing to push Booth over the edge and make him just outright kill Pelant.

• Lena says:

That’s hardcore but if Pelant goes after Christine, yeah he’s dead. Even if that means that Booth would go to prison because then she would still be safe with Brennan.

• katie says:

Hoping that showrunners dont lie on everything, Hart Hanson said Bones was not that kind of a show, putting children in peril, at least not live ones.

• madbengalsfan85 says:

Don’t remember where, but I read some article where Hanson said he wasn’t going to put Christine in danger

• lucy says:

that is my thought too, Brennan asks Booth to marry her out of the blue, it would be kind of a shock considering how anti marriage she has been in the past, just lets hope it is a romantic gesture…

• jazz says:

YES Wow. If Brennan asks Booth to marry her please be it about love and romance and NOT because of logic and it makes sense to do it for a logical blah blah reason. Booth needs a bit of romance in the proposal ;)

• Booth ROCKS says:

Would LOVE this….Brennan asks Booth to marry her, S8 finale ends on Booth’s yet to be heard acceptance. S9 prem we find he accepts, S9 is their engagement with season long bickering of how to get married, an athesist vs a man of religion on how, where to get married could be very interesting and fun. :D

• Deedee says:

Boohoo, since everyone is expecting Brennan to propose, that probably means she wont or gawd forbid, he balks, love to see him stutter around and fade to black until next season.

• kiber9 says:

hmmm, the finale is supposed to be shocking and fun. Fun for whom, the actors or the fans, could Brennan propose and then the clock in their bedroom blows up?

• Sara says:

That’d be fun. Boom, show’s over! Everyone is dead.
          All jokes aside, I hope that clock is not a bomb, it’s too easy.

5. Sarah says:

I’m curious about the B&B scoop.

• katie says:

Me too, both EP’s have mentioned the possibility of another Booth baby, cant believe they would go there again, but what about a scare? Every couple goes through that, do we or don’t we want another baby? And B & B are not the blind item couple, Hart Hanson just said again they are a solid, solid couple.

• Sarah says:

But see I don’t trust HH one iota. I learned not to after the season 4 finale. Plus, if he saying they’re completely solid wouldn’t that still give them a good chance at being the Blind Item? I definitely do NOT want that to be the case, mind you, I’m just saying.

• Steph says:

Here’s solid proof. You think he’s skimming backwards? He retweeted the blind item. Now, if we follow your logic, that means that they’re NOT the blind item. And it’s not even about this kind of evidence anyway. Where the show is heading, the spoilers we’re getting, it can’t be a BAD thing for their relationship.

• Marcha says:

Does anyone else feel its sad we have so little faith and trust in the Bones showrunner of our beloved show?

• Sarah says:

I’m sorry, but I’m a little confused. Who retweeted the Blind Item? I just looked on HH’s page and didn’t see it, but maybe I didn’t go down far enough.

• booth and brennan love says:

Sooooo happy that Ausiello give us a Booth and Brennan spoiler… THANK YOU!!! Keep the B&B love coming!!

6. Mike says:

So The Walking Dead spoiler revealed nothing, thanks..:/

7. Rachel says:

Who might this healer person be?

8. Emma says:

I have to agree with Shonda on the Jo and Alex relationship, I for one am loving the slow burn, they got some chemistry going on.

• Jane says:

I completely agree. It’s refreshing to see two people meet, get to know each other, become friends and then become a couple. Most of the other couples on this show were making out or having sex right after meeting.

• Leigh says:

I agree. I’m liking them soooo much more than I ever thought I would, especially at the beginning of the season. The actress who plays Jo is charming.

9. Ed says:

I’m hoping that Rick will finally shave! LOL and Im thinking the person we wouldn’t think we’d see again would be huge guy from season 1 (can’t think of his name) who had a son that couldn’t shoot his wife.

• Steph says:

Morgan! Yeah, that’s a possibility. I was kind of thinking perhaps Shane or Lori will come back as one of Rick’s crazy vision things. I think Rick will finally slap Carl or someone else who is annoying.

• Elyse says:

thats what i was thinking too. i ask about that guy every time i watch TWD. i keep expecting him to pop back up!

10. Ashley says:

The character coming back in the walking dead is Morgan. That spoiler has been out ther for awhile now.

11. Mary says:

Alex and Jo have no chemistry, he needs a more mature and real woman. Down with Hobo Jo.

12. Veronica says:

No offense Shonda but I don’t want to see anybody naked on Scandal except Fitz, Olivia, or Harrison ( especially Harrison) Anyways everybody else no thank you. I’ll pass but I’m excited for the confrontation. Scandal is so good.

13. Andy says:

[SPOILER]‘s 16-year-old son on New Normal? Rocky’s?

14. Wrstlgirl says:

Maybe Ricks gonna beat the crap out of Merle, everyones wanted to do that. And seeing Morgan would not be a huge shock, fans have been asking for this since the pilot. I think it would be wild to see Jim, from season one.

15. Wrstlgirl says:

Another full season before we see the opening of Marilyn?? I won’t last that long if that’s true. The reason why I bailed on season one was because the story went nowhere.

16. Linderella says:

I’m not loving Alex and Jo but is it possible Shonda isn’t committing to this couple is because Camilla Luddington is in playing in the pilot pool for next season? Regardless of how Shonda might feel about Katherine Heigl the actress, Izzy Stevens the character is the only person for Alex. I’m still hoping.

17. Adam says:

I know it’s probs going to be Morgan but my hope is that I would be that Mexican (portarican – sorry bad speller) family from season 1, not to sure what happened to them, does anyone know?. I’m probably in the minority but I’m really excited about what is going to happen with the office and this doc. I just twigged after reading this article about how there must have been more people in the office :D I’ve got a feeling that Phyllis might get fired, because I read that someone you wouldn’t expect is going to get the sack, I hope it’s not her!

18. Heathers says:

Laura, what else would you expect from a left wing website? They think the right is evil, yet they can’t stop being vicious and vindictive. Lefties -you won, we’re over it and have moved on.
    I can’t wait for Walking Dead to return. What do you think Rick does that d everyone else wants to do?

19. Melissa says:

I love Hart of Dixie even more this season!! Thanks for the scoop!

20. Wendy Higgins says:

The Nashville spoiler sounds like they are planning to do a fictionalized version of the tragedy that happened at the Indiana State Fair when Sugarland was scheduled to play. Also sounds like the cliff hanger for the end of the season??

21. Aibileen says:

So…. The Healer at OUAT will be the lost son of Archie and Dr. Whale?

22. Ana says:

Hopefully Shonda will continue to wait on Jo and Alex until she realizes what the majority of people who watch and comment say: no, thank you. There’s no sexual or romantic chemistry between Alex and Jo. She looks too young, like a kid sister. And even though she’s been through really hard times she doesn’t have the character or maturity that is suitable for Alex. She’s fine as an intern but she’s not ‘the one’. Imo.

• diane says:

Wow, I didn’t know the spokesperson for the “majority or people who watch and comment” is named Ana. I wonder what the minority spokesperson’s name is. I’d like to know since I’m part of this (supposed) minority who have enjoyed Jo & Alex and say: yes, please.

• Persona says:

I totally agree Ana! It’s another case of shonda liking the actress but viewers not buying the storyline. For once I’d like to see Alex in a real relationship with someone around his age or older. I feel like this is backtracking and just another way for them to recycle mark/lexie and izzie story lines from the past. It’s a pity that Kate Walsh isn’t returning, I always liked the chemistry between Alex and Addie. This actress playing Jo is out of her element like Kim Raver was. Just does not gel with the rest of the cast, at least in my opinion. Teddy overstayed her welcome lets hope the writers know what to do with Jo before they write her into a wall like they have done with most of the regular cast. I really can’t stand any of the interns and I think they are making a mistake trying to get us used to interns again after not having any around last couple yrs. such a waste.

23. Montie says:

Didn’t Booth make a comment in the season opener about Pelant being in their house? He had cameras set up. I can’t imagine that Booth didn’t have the clock checked out after seeing Pelant messing with it.

24. Harrison says:

Clearly Rick is going to smack Andrea or at least call her a slut. Note: I don’t prescribe to violence against women, at all, nor do I condone it…but c’mon, if he, Michonne, or anyone else smacked her silly I’d rejoice and so would every one of you.

25. Gilda says:

Can Uncle Iroh please show up on Once Upon a Time? Let’s just pretend the Last Airbender is owned by Disney.

26. Mike says:

I’m not sure the character in question is Morgan is expected to appear in the 12th episode of season 3 so I have a feeling Aussielo is speaking if a different character, I’m interested to see who it will be.

27. Carda says:

I never watched Mulan but from the description of the new character.. is he a humanoid master Yoda or what??

28. Ella says:

Ausiello, I have tried sending you questions so many times and you never answer them! I’ll try here:

Are we going to see more of Benny’s great granddaughter, Elizabeth, on Supernatural? As a Destiel fan, I feel like a traitor for even saying this, but I actually really liked the idea of her and Dean together!

29. robinepowell says:

I tried Googling this new character on Once Upon a Time with no luck. Can anyone help me out?

30. DN says:

A previous “Big Bang Theory” spoiler was that a marriage proposal was coming. If it’s between Amy and Sheldon and not Penny and Leonard, it will definitely look like the producers are dragging their feet with the latter couple. Not good.

• Jean Alice says:

Nope. None of these characters are gonna get engaged. And it’s funny actually because… *stops herself from telling the whole episode because they might delete this reply*

31. Kat says:

Sorry Ausiello but Will isn’t in DC saving the arts from Romney since Romney wasn’t elected! You Hollywood types may make too much money to care but it is your President Pig Vomit Obama that Will would be fighting against…you may have heard of him since Obama is the one who is allowing the Alternative Minimum Tax that is hitting my paycheck this year. Obummer says it will be repealed next year but with his spending habits I bet that will change. So, how about it if you get your facts straight and stop pushing the Dems on us! Most of us don’t make the money you make in Hollywood so you cannot relate to us – you don’t even understand how we live!

• Jeri says:

I think you wandered into the wrong blog. This is about TV shows- Politics are elsewhere.

Goodbye.

• Angela says:

It was a joke. Ha ha. Lighten up.
        (And please, don’t even begin to tell me that if Romney were in charge we’d be any better off. He doesn’t understand how your average citizen lives, either, he made that VERY clear throughout the campaign.)

32. Marco says:

The 16-year-old that’s gonna appear on TNN is Rocky’s son, isn’t he?

33. Pepper says:

“Barney and Robin aren’t the most touchy-feely couple”

YES, they are, that’s why I hate them together. Separately, they are great; together, both of them becomes Ted.

34. SnazzyO says:

B&B marriage surprise: He says “no”? Maybe she asks for the wrong reason. IDK. I love them as a couple so of course I WANT them to have a happy ending. Maybe she asks unromantically and he says “no”.

I TOTALLY think Pelant is going after hurting Booth next. Booth just blew his face in half. He’s going to want to hurt Booth really badly. Attempt to kill Christine or do some permanent damage to Bones. Booth is unambiguously the next target IMO. And of course the way to get to Booth is to get to someone he loves. Oy, Parker?

35. RobMF says:

I can now die peacefully. I’ve finally gotten into Ask Ausiello.

36. Casey says:

Bones!!! I’m freaking out a bit! That alarm clock has been driving me crazy ever sense it happened >.<

37. BonesForever says:

I have a feeling that Nikita and Michael might be the blind item couple breaking up. He’s sure got a bee in his bonnet about her having to amputate his hand in the accident to save his life. And everything she does or says seems to grate on him lately. I could see them splitting–though hopefully, they would get back together–I hope. I like them as a couple…

38. Lori says:

Understand Rhimes is “on the fence” about Alex and Jo. She might have been brought in to be Alex’s love interest but, based on a lot of fan response on multiple boards, so far not working so much. I’d like to see Alex with someone of his age and same level of medical expertise. Someone totally new and not another intern/attending storyline.

39. Daniel says:

did they just give away on White Collar that some main character dies real soon?

40. Heather says:

Sorry to be one of those people, but I have to point out the typo in the SPN scoop: it’s Crowley, not Crawley. Funny, I doubt I’d mention it if I didn’t like the character and love Mark Sheppard.

41. The other day, while I was at work, my sister stole my iphone and tested to see if it
    can survive a twenty five foot drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation.

My apple ipad is now destroyed and she has 83 views.
    I know this is entirely off topic but I had to share it with someone!

42. Hi, I wish for to subscribe for this webpage to take newest updates,
    so where can i do it please help.

43. You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to
    be actually something that I think I would never understand.
    It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me.

I am looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!

44. Hi to every one,it’s gdnuinely a gooid for me to visit this web page, it includes valuable Information.

45. dieta online says:

I’m not that much of a online reader to be honest but your sites really nice, keep it up!
    I’ll go ahead and bookmark your website to come back down the road.
    Cheers