What to Watch Monday: Dallas Is Back, Awkward Bones Reunion, Meet a Bunheads Bro and More

dallas season 2On TV this Monday: Dallas saddles up for Season 2, Bones senses its own mortality, RuPaul gets the Drag Race started and the Bunheads might meet Michelle’s brother. As a supplement to TVLine’s original features (linked within), here are 10 programs to keep on your radar.

8 pm The Bachelor (ABC) | When eight of the women join Sean for a rock’em-sock’em roller derby match, someone lands at the ER with a swollen jaw.

8 pm Bones (Fox) | A case involving a cancer patient gets the Jeffersonian team members talking about their end-of-life choices. Speaking of unpleasant subjects, Daisy’s back for her first case since the Sweets break-up. (Speaking of Sweets, get scoop on Agent Sparling’s return!)

8 pm The Carrie Diaries (The CW) | After her dad forbids her from seeing Sebastian again, Carrie snoops around and uncovers some alarming info about her new boyfriend’s past.

8 pm Continuum (Syfy) | A series of murders with one common (and unconventional) thread could lead Kiera into making a deal with her worst enemy.

PREVIEW | 90210 First Look: What Brings Chris Zylka Back?

9 pm Dallas (TNT) | Season 2 premiere: Christopher and John Ross clash over opposing visions for Ewing Energies, with the latter using J.R.’s dirty little tricks to take revenge on Christopher and Elena. (A second episode, featuring Who’s the Boss? alum Judith Light as Ryland’s evil mother, follows at 10 pm.) Get more Season 2 preview.

9 pm RuPaul’s Drag Race (Logo) | Season 5 premiere: All the sequins, wigs, sass and thrown shade you could want, packed into a 90-minute season opener.

9 pm The Following (Fox) | Annie Parisse (Law & Order) joins the cast as Debra Parker, an FBI specialist who joins Ryan on the Carroll investigation. Meanwhile, the killer’s followers keep li’l Joey hidden away as they prepare for their next move.

9 pm Bunheads (ABC Family) | Michelle’s brother Scotty (played by Sutton Foster’s real-life brother, Hunter Foster) visits after another one of his marriages fails. Elsewhere, Boo and Carl keep busy with child-care duties.

PREVIEW | Hot for Winter: Your January Premieres and Finales Calendar

10 pm Lost Girl (Syfy) | Vex’s bearing of “greetings” from a vengeful Morrigan brings trouble for his hosts.

10 pm Deception (NBC) | Joanna discovers Julian has something to hide from the night of Vivian’s murder.

Hit the comments with your must-see picks from tonight’s lineup!

Comments (45)

• To be honest? I’m a bit tired of RuPaul and her Queens. And that might be an understatement: Ru should Sashay Away for a couple of years, cause she’s everywhere on Logo. And please Ru: do not SING! Simon Cowell would buzz you out on XFactor the minute u come on stage…

Comment by Jack – January 28, 2013 04:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ru already sings?

Comment by jess k – January 28, 2013 04:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Tansy, in her comments about Daisy, could also be describing Brennan. I like Daisy, I think Sweets is an idiot, and I hope they get back together.

Comment by Tom Mc – January 28, 2013 06:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLEASE MAKE DAISY GO AWAY. I’ve worn my mute button out with her.

Comment by Georgia Madman – January 28, 2013 04:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree with you there. I do not like Daisy at all! She’s so annoying!

Comment by SK – January 28, 2013 04:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Actually I LIKE Daisy. Sweets was a total douchebag to her when they broke up..I actually felt sorry for her She could do better than him.

Comment by zena – January 28, 2013 06:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Sweets was a jerk to Daisy in how he dumped her. Utter jerk. The worst. I hope she has a hot new boyfriend now, she deserves it.

Comment by maryJO – January 28, 2013 06:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • IMO she needs to grow up. She has the social flaws of a 14 year old, self centered and no filters.

Comment by Templar – January 28, 2013 06:43 AM PDT
          • Sweets is just as bad. ….He let Daisy lead him around by his you know what…..And he really treated her badly, he didn’t think moving in together was going to lead to things being serious, yet this is the man who asked her to marry him a few times….Mmmmkay…. And the award for worst shrink goes to….

Comment by Dora – January 28, 2013 07:06 AM PDT
    • Actually, I think Daisy and Sweets are perfect for each other – like salt & pepper, or a couple of bookends, they match each other perfectly, with what Sweets would call, “interlocking pathologies!” No, my problem with the show Bones is that, while Brennan used to be a quirky, odd, dark and moody, brilliant, character early on in the series, lately they’ve just turned her into some kind of dumb-@ss moron with not a lick of common sense. I really don’t get why they did that, but, frankly, I’m kind of “over” this show because of it.

Comment by Drew – January 28, 2013 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones

Comment by SK – January 28, 2013 04:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish they would stop bringing back Daisy. Can’t we get rid of her once and for all? I really hoped that they would have hooked up Sweets with the really cute FBI agent Sparling played by Danielle Panabaker.

Comment by Luke – January 28, 2013 05:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • UGH Tween Agent Starling is the worst. Couldn’t stand her

Comment by bud – January 28, 2013 06:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I actually CRINGED at the combo of Panabaker’s acting and writing of Starling it was beyond weak. A FBI Agent? LMFAO!!!!

Comment by gina – January 28, 2013 06:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • YES!!! Teen Agent on Bones was AWFUL. I kept expecting her babysitter to show up and take her back home for milk and cookies. Unbelievable.

Comment by so true – January 28, 2013 06:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • We don’t need another Jr. g-man, bring back Flynn or even .charlie or even Marcus the tech. Someone competent & Sparling is no prize, she kissed Sweets when she knew he had a girlfriend. Ugh.

Comment by Dee – January 28, 2013 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ANYTHING is better than Daisy. And I thought her character was decent (and very hot). The character needs some work but I’ll give that a try over the thoroughly fleshed out Daisy who is fingernails on a chaulkboard.

Comment by Georgia Madman – January 28, 2013 07:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’d take Hannah over Daisy. Bones needs a final Hannah episode to tie that thread off. Remember when she left, she said “This isn’t over Seeley.” So she could come back looking to reconnect with Booth and find the kid. It would be wonderfully awkward.

Comment by georgiamadman – January 28, 2013 07:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watching The Following and Bunheads. DVRing Bones & Switched at birth. Also, watching Dallas.

Comment by Disastrous – January 28, 2013 05:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Holy cow, another Sweets centric ep, ugh, defo not a must see for me.

Comment by Kate – January 28, 2013 06:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey, Americans, go watch Continuum! It’s flippin’ awesome <3

Comment by Barbie – January 28, 2013 06:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. SyFy has rolled out another hit in my opinion. (Of course it means it will eventually be cancelled too early like all their other good shows, haha, but I will enjoy it while it lasts)

Comment by Breck – January 28, 2013 07:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This isn’t a SyFy show. It’s Canadian. SyFy just bought US rights. Cancellation isn’t up to them, though they may decide not to purchase the second season.

Comment by meem – January 28, 2013 08:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Castle tonight?

Comment by May – January 28, 2013 07:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know,I was like WTH is this happening for?

Comment by Shaun – January 28, 2013 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Switched at Birth,Bunheads,Carrie Diaries,90210

Comment by Brandy – January 28, 2013 07:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I saw The Following Friday night and I cannot wait to see it tonight! That show is GREAT! I didn’t think I’d like it but it is must see for me and I’ve told a ton of folks about it. Will DVR Dallas to watch with the hubby this weekend.

Comment by GS – January 28, 2013 07:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mondays are all about switched at birth for me! But I’m excited that Dallas is back.

Comment by Tanya – January 28, 2013 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Continuum, Being Human, Lost Girl, Bones and Deception are on my must watch list tonight.

Comment by Justin – January 28, 2013 08:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Carrie Diaries
    The Following
    Deception
    Love & Hip Hop

Comment by Jared – January 28, 2013 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why why why is TNT putting Dallas on Monday nights. Too much already on Mondays. Put Dallas back on Wednesday!!!!!

Comment by opus – January 28, 2013 08:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones

Comment by madbengalsfan85 – January 28, 2013 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • repeats of himym 2 broke girls and castle

Comment by ollie – January 28, 2013 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DECEPTION!!!the chemistry btwn joanna and julian is crazy!!

Comment by ruby – January 28, 2013 09:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Since when does Michelle have a brother?There hasn’t been any sign all through season 1!!

Comment by Shaun – January 28, 2013 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    Dallas (2nd hour)

Comment by intelliwoman – January 28, 2013 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Its Canadian-tv-night on SyFy. Continuum, Being Human and Lost Girl.

Comment by mia – January 28, 2013 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Being human is Canadian?

Comment by leah – January 28, 2013 12:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Speaking of Being Human, did anyone else how hot the ex-ghost Sally looked when she became re-animated? Seems like Josh & Aiden should both be hittin that now.

Comment by RichieS – January 28, 2013 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Uh,Shot in Canada…..and maybe co-financed?

Comment by Shaun – January 28, 2013 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones, The Carrie Diaries, Deception, and The Following. Thank you DVR.

Comment by Andy – January 28, 2013 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bleh, nothing good on tonight. That’s okay though, I won’t be home to watch TV anyway. I get to go downtown to see a show tonight. It’s a comedy show being performed by Dan Harmon of Community fame. :) I get to meet Dan Harmon tonight! I get to shake his hand and tell him he’s my hero! So excited I am bursting with energy over it. I’m pretty much telling random strangers on the street I get to meet Dan Harmon tonight. I’m going to wear a blue streak in my hair when I do it.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – January 28, 2013 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Whoa, cool! That sounds like fun! Hope you have a good time, and good luck with the potential meet-and-greet moment, too.

Comment by Angela – January 28, 2013 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Continuum, 2 Broke Girls repeat, maybe get some of my TiVo backlog cleared off.

Comment by John – January 28, 2013 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post