All My Children Exclusive: Alicia Minshew Weighs In on Relaunch — Will 'Zendall' Reunite?

Get More: Daytime TV, Exclusive

AMC Relaunch, Alicia Minshew KendallOf the seven All My Children actors to thus far sign on for the sudser’s online relaunch, you’ll see Thorsten Kaye‘s name, meaning Zach Slater is set to return. But what of his lady love Kendall?

“Zendall” fans can hold out hope, yet as of right now, a reunion is not yet a sure thing.

“I’m really excited for the fans to have their shows back!” Alicia Minshew, who in 2002 stepped into the role of Kendall (previously played by Sarah Michelle Gellar), tells TVLine. But will Erica’s eldest daughter be back?

RELATED | All My Children and One Life to Live Creator Agnes Nixon Weighs In on Online Revivals

“I am currently in discussions with Prospect Park to work out scheduling around other projects I have already committed to,” Minshew shares. “We’re keeping the lines of communication open, and hopefully it can work out for me to join later on.”

Production on the new AMC (and One Life to Live) episodes is set to start soon, with an eye on a springtime premiere on Hulu, Hulu Plus and iTunes.

Since AMC wrapped its ABC run, Minshew has completed two independent films: Lies I told My Little Sister and Desires of the Heart (where she plays the female lead). She is next slated to costar in the film Here and Now, playing the grand dame of a small town’s community theater.

Comments (73)

• Ugggh. No Kendall back, please. Bianca, yes, Kendall, no.

Comment by TMW – January 25, 2013 04:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That wasn’t nice.

Comment by Lynn – January 26, 2013 02:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Personally, I’d take Kendall over Zach any day!

Comment by Just4Me – March 7, 2013 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Please bring Kendall back, she makes the show complete and it won’t be the same without her.

Comment by Mary Lanham – January 26, 2013 06:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Also, I meant to add the Alicia is the Kendall we want back.

Comment by Mary Lanham – January 26, 2013 06:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • yes you are totaly right bring Kendall and Bianca the whole cast as it was before

Comment by Marion Jowers – January 26, 2013 11:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I do like Kendall and hope she comes back.

Comment by Brenda W Edge – January 28, 2013 07:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why can’t the show’s be on the Soap network only. I mean that is why it was started in the first place right?

Comment by Geish – January 27, 2013 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • yes that would be great , but don’t know if they already looked into that.

Comment by deb – January 28, 2013 08:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Would love to have the beautiful and damn talented Alicia return as Kendell :)

Comment by Scott – January 25, 2013 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Please bring Kendall & Bianca and of course Erica . I would love to see Zach come back to Kendall .

Comment by Irene – January 27, 2013 01:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I would also like the Kane women to return but who got shot on the last episode..I believe it was Erica. I hope not cause she has been there since the beginning..love my AMC family.

Comment by Belinda Ladd – February 7, 2013 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. We need Alicia.

Comment by Lisa Shepherd – January 27, 2013 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Had not heard TK was coming back … Good to know! Loved Kendall (since the SMG days) and loved Alicia playing her. If Zack & Kendall both return, that would definitely make me even more excited about this relaunch!

Comment by Vettie – January 25, 2013 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I do not think I will bother with the reboot of AMC

Comment by Kevin – January 25, 2013 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Kendall. Love Alicia. Hope this works out sooner rather than later.

Comment by Nichole – January 25, 2013 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Alicia’s return would make me even more amped about the return of AMC, I’ll be watching no matter what!

Comment by Oakland Magpie – January 25, 2013 05:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Words cannot express how excited I am about the return of AMC. If Alicia decides to come back, more the better, if not….bring on some new blood!

Comment by Shar – January 25, 2013 05:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Kendall returns. She was a major player in the series for many years. WIthout her, Pine Valley will be very different especially with Zach being back.

Comment by Robert – January 25, 2013 05:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope she can come back. I miss Kendall and Zach.

Comment by Mary – January 25, 2013 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so excited about the relaunches. I know it’s not going to be exactly like the cable shows. But maybe they need to reinvent themselves. I hope they succeed. Having original characters there will ease the transition and the addition of new characters will bring freshness. And before you know it we will fall in love with the new characters as well

Comment by Frank – January 25, 2013 06:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Alicia as Kendall Slater and Thorsten as Zach Slater would be a dream come true for me..I’m there with bells on.

Comment by Vivian Hardy – January 25, 2013 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love to see Zach and Kendall again and I hope hope hope they can work out the scheduling for her..she would certainly be worth the wait.

Comment by KathyNYC – January 25, 2013 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope she can work things out to return…having Zach return without Kendall seems a bit of a waste, especially since they were finally reunited when the show ended on ABC – it would really be terrible if they weren’t together still when the show returns in its new format. Besides, we still need some Kane family connection – if Susan Lucci doesn’t join up then you’ve got to get Kendall and Bianca. AMC’s nothing if it doesn’t have it’s core families well represented (still waiting to hear who all will be there from the Martin, Chandler, and Cortlandt clans…).

Comment by Tess – January 25, 2013 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hope she returns.

Comment by moshane58 – January 25, 2013 07:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope an agreement can be reached with Alicia and the folks at PP. I’d love to see Kendall back and Team Slater back in action. Minshew and Kaye are a dynamite pair!

Comment by KJ – January 25, 2013 07:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Alicia, I hope this works out for her!! She is even more awesome in person!!

Comment by Tammy Kreiss – January 25, 2013 08:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I dont watcch these shows but if only a handful of actors have signed, isnt this going to be a whole different show or is everyone else going to die in a plane crash or bus accident or taken away by Martians

Comment by Steve – January 25, 2013 08:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Alicia! I’ve always thought Alicia Minshew was the heir apparent to Susan Lucci.I hope the reboot is able to feature Kendall in some way with Alicia playing her. I hope they can work around her schedule.

Comment by ScottyB – January 25, 2013 08:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so excited to have my show back. It just isn’t the same without it! I can’t wait…

Comment by Diane Leland – January 25, 2013 08:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m confused, is AMC coming back on ABC or is the show going to be on the internet?

Comment by kay – January 25, 2013 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not on ABC, but on Hulu, Hulu Plus and iTunes.

Comment by TV Gord – January 26, 2013 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Zach without Kendall? Doesn’t work. PP needs to do everything they can to work around her schedule and bring her back!!

Comment by JAMANDAFAN – January 25, 2013 11:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Alicia, Love Kendall and Zach. Would hate to see her return and get stuck in the Griffin mud again. That would be regressive. He stinks. But Kendall and Zach – WAY TO GO!!!

Comment by Arleen – January 26, 2013 05:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I sure hope she returns! It won’t be the same without her. I love her and Zach together!!!

Comment by dburrows – January 26, 2013 07:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Would really like to see Kendall on AMC and hope that can be Alicia.

Comment by Robynne – January 26, 2013 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where are they filming? IIRC, Minshew is in LA now, whereas Kaye is in NYC for Smash.

Comment by zakspeak – January 26, 2013 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For God’s sakes, please reunite Zach and Kendall

PS I was not a fan of AMC (All My Children).

I watch Young and the Restless!!!! :)

Comment by Cathy Viviano – January 26, 2013 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have a feeling that many of the stars who haven’t signed on are going to wait and see if this proves to be a success. If yes, then I’m sure lots more will join…

Comment by maude – January 26, 2013 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, this may really happen.

Comment by Buddy Glenn – January 26, 2013 06:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please come back Alicia.

Comment by Jeanne – January 26, 2013 08:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AMC back!!! So happy!!
    The more that sign on the better.
    Tad must come back!!!

Thanks, a verrrrry happy fan 😃

Comment by Terri – January 26, 2013 08:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Alicia MInshew, sorry, is not and was never a good actress. I’d like to see Zach with someone else, or recast Kendall with a better actress. Hope Michael Knight comes back as well.

Comment by Tina M. – January 26, 2013 08:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wow,negative much! I’d like to see you do all the crazy, difficult scenes she had to pull off. Alicia happens to be extremely talented and have amazing chemistry with Thorsten. I have missed her! Don’t bother posting negative stuff here.

Comment by Lauren – January 26, 2013 08:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You not liking someone and equating them to not being a good actor says more about you than it does about them. You should study up on passive aggressiveness and then find a therapist who can help you with that. :-)

Comment by TV Gord – January 26, 2013 09:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You are entitled to your opinion but I think you are wrong. Alicia MInshew is a very talented and for a while she became the only reason I kept watching All My Children even when they kept giving her crap storylines. Generally, I do not like recasting but Alicia made Kendall enjoyable to watch and is a far more talented actress than Sarah Michelle Gellar.

Comment by ScottyB – January 27, 2013 05:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • not speaking to negativity, but here is something I do not understand…years back when a favorite soap would come on, and it would pan the room, you would hear a male announcer, say in a monotone voice, “the role of Joe Soandso is now being played by Actor Soandso” , for a couple of days, maybe two to three weeks we’d find it hard to adjust…but then suddenly…they own that character and make it their own…I am asking why Prospect Park doesn’t breathe some new life into Pine Valley and recast the actors that don’t wish to return “right now”. Just a thought.

Comment by Casper J – February 17, 2013 06:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • loved kendall alicia minshew i s a good actress, i want her to come back, i wish they would also bring back micheal e knight, love him too

Comment by Georgiana Powers – January 26, 2013 08:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kendall and Zach were poison to the show. Zach was like an ape man and had a god complex. “Keep him alive, I need his heart.”

Comment by Natalia – January 26, 2013 09:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • you all do realize, you will have to pay to watch AMC on Hulu, etc?

Comment by michelle – January 26, 2013 11:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Where are you finding the info that says you will have to pay to watch the continuation of AMC on Hulu?

Comment by Kristoffer – January 27, 2013 01:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s free on Hulu, but it costs to subscribe to Hulu Plus or to see it on iTunes.

Comment by TV Gord – January 27, 2013 05:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know that I’m very electronically challenged, and I want so much for All My Children to come back, I was one of the original viewers, but I don’t understand how it will come about. Will I have to be on the computer for the whole show, or will it be like a cable program. A cable program would be wonderful, Please someone let me know how this will work. A grateful Great Granny

Comment by Dorothea – January 27, 2013 06:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It will be on your computer on the Internet you have to get Hulu or huluplus or iTunes and some of your tv providers offer extra ways to get on demand movies and apps I know Directtv does and huluplus is one then you can watch it on tv hope this helps you Linda

Comment by Linda – January 29, 2013 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Both shows will be taping in Connecticut.

Comment by Lanie – January 27, 2013 09:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Alicia was my favorite actress on AMC. I think she’s one of the most beautiful women I’ve seen. Very classy. I hope she comes back to AMC and I may be 64, but I’m not dead yet, and Zack is SUCH a hunk! They belong together. The writers didn’t do them much good on AMC by giving them such ridiculous parts to play but they played them and did a great job!

Comment by Vicki – January 27, 2013 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really hope they launch both AMC and OLTL, even if it’s not on regular stations. I haven’t watched ABC since the last show went off the air. Bringing back as many of the original cast members would be wonderful. I understand they have other committments but I hope eventually they will return to their roles on these beloved Soaps.

Comment by Gloria – January 27, 2013 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have watched AMC since the beginning-when we were living overseas, ex in army-we had audio cassettes mailed to us every week. Can’t wait for the new launch-please bring them all back!

Comment by Phyllis Dustin – January 27, 2013 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kendall and Zach! 4ever Bring ‘um all back!

Comment by Brenda Love – January 27, 2013 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It won’t be the same without Kendall, hope she is able to work it out with scheduling her other commitments. Love her.

Comment by Carolyn – January 27, 2013 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The more actors you bring back, the more fans will actually tune in to the re-kindled (re-kendalled??) show!!

Comment by Janis Bowden – January 27, 2013 08:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please,please bring our soaps back!!! I will not watch the shows ABC has put on in their place. I am sick of talk shows, food shows, and reality shows (although I never watch reality shows, I can’t even stand the commercials). ABC should put these two soaps back on and apologize to their loyal viewers!!!! Bring back all the characters even David. My husband and I started watching All My Children and General Hospital since we first married which is over 30 years and started watching One Life to Live when Another World went off the air.
    Soap watchers are ridiculed, but soaps are so much better than all the inane reality shows that are flooding the air.

Comment by Pamela Eilrich – January 28, 2013 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just bring Michael Kinght back and I will be happy also on oltl I did not see Jessia name is she not coming back I can’t think of her real name

Comment by Linda – January 29, 2013 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so excited about the return of AMC. I still miss it so much. I will watch no matter who returns. I am thrilled Zach will be returning and hope Kendall also returns. I would love for Tad, Jake and Amanda to also return in addition to the stars (characters) that have already committed.

Comment by Pat Cartino – January 30, 2013 06:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • : ( ….. Will AMC be available to we Canadian fans up here?

Comment by Doreen – February 11, 2013 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please don’t come back. All Alicia ever did was stand there with her mouth quivering and her eyes filling up with tears. And all she ever did was push some papers around at Fusion and bounce between Zach and Ryan. I love her, think she’s probably a really sweet person. But very bad acting. Same for Lucci. I waited for years for her to leave. She is the most vapid, face-fixed bore. Same old same old, year in and year out and year in and year out…too many to count now. Cannot stand Lucci. I know, that’s like saying there is no G-D! Except for David Canary and Vincnet Irizarry and Opal, the rest are boring, bad (especially Cady, who should have stayed dead) and I think what lies ahead if total boredom. The new demographic in real life is dumb and boring. How can it possibly be with the notorious bad writers on the re-run. Ever wonder why hardly any Emmys were ever won for this show. I personally loved it, but could recognize really bad writing when I was watching it. I honestly think this entire thing will fail. For all you die-hards out there, lots of luck to you. These people have to eat and pay rent so G-D speed to them. But it is shaping up to be a major loser.

Comment by Arleen – February 27, 2013 08:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Go away, Negative Nancy. If you think it’s all bad, don’t watch and go away. I will love it no matter who comes back. I love Alicia and Susan, and love, love Cady (alive!).

Comment by Vicki – February 27, 2013 09:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree Zach without Kendall is no good. She must return to the show

Comment by susan – February 28, 2013 07:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Alicia Minshew was the main reason I continued watching AMC and she seemed the perfect daughter for Erica Kane. She could do comedy AND drama, both very skilfully. She even bore a striking physical resemblance to Susan Lucci! I’ll always think of her as the definitive or “real” Kendall. I really hope that she can find a way to join the reboot, even if it’s only part-time. She and Thorsten Kaye have magic chemistry together. Remembering how much she brought to the role, I definitely would NOT want to see a Kendall recast.

Comment by Hazel Endicott – March 3, 2013 05:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Alicia will be back. She loves the show too much not to return eventually.

My question is where’s Michael Knight/Tad? Cady McClain’s on board as Dixie.

Comment by Derek Rayner – March 27, 2013 11:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I just saw Michael Knight on a talk show recently. He indicated that he has many other commitments. A return to AMC was a possibility but not in the near future.

Comment by Pat Cartino – March 28, 2013 05:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post