Grey’s Recap: The First Cut Is the Deepest

ELLEN POMPEO, CHANDRA WILSON, SANDRA OHThis week on Grey’s Anatomy, an efficiency expert takes a scalpel to Seattle Grace’s budget, and you won’t believe what she wants to cut! (Derek sure doesn’t!) But first…

MIND OVER MATTER | After Arizona’s phantom pain goes from nightmares straight out of American Horror Story to wide-awake OR embarrassments, Owen lends a hand. (A leg would be more helpful to the amputee, but hey… ) While his techniques for dulling the sensation work, they don’t work as well – or at least not as quickly – as Alex stabbing the lady doc in her prosthetic foot. Whatever gets you through the day, I say. Whatever gets you through the day.

LIVER AND LET LIVE | With pregnancy hormones already turning Meredith into a total pissypants, Smash Williams makes the mistake of… well, making a mistake. It’s a doozy, too: He accidentally ruins the liver needed to save the life of a mother-to-be! Luckily, another liver is found. (What are the odds?!) And, as an added bonus, it’s in Portland, which means that Mer gets to face her plane-crash fears and fly off to get it. Hurrah!

EMERGENCY! | Though Cristina frets that the efficiency expert will cut the Free Surgery For Adorable African Orphans program that allows her to see all manner of rare and exotic conditions, it’s actually – gasp! – the ER that’s on the critical list. “Cut the ER? That’s crazy talk!” yells Derek (pretty much). “Not to those of us who aren’t jillionaires and need our jobs!” replies Bailey (pretty much).

YOUNG DOCTORS IN LOVE | Stephanie is so busy learning the ins and outs of “the pit” from April that she passes up a nookie session with Jackson. Meanwhile, April is so busy teaching Stephanie the ins and outs of “the pit” that she doesn’t even notice hot paramedic Justin Bruening – until he asks her out. (Are there any eye doctors at Seattle Grace? If so, she should make an appointment.)

GIVE HIM A HAND | Derek at last takes his hand – or, as Callie calls it, her hand – back into surgery. And not just any surgery, either – a 23-hour marathon surgery! (Oooh!) Afterwards, he keeps said hand busy by using it to pat himself on the back.

Okay, your turn. How did you feel about the episode? Were you grossed out by Arizona’s Texas Scalpel Massacre dream? Was Mer too hard on Shane… or not hard enough? And did you think the last Mer/Der scene – in which they wondered aloud if (duh) they were the reason that the hospital was in dire straits – was foreshadowing of how the financial crisis will be resolved? (As in, they’ll say, “Oh, you keep the money, we’ll keep doctoring!”) Sound off below!

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Recaps

1. Mo says:

Can someone PLEASE tell me who the woman was who was playing Brie’s (the pregnant woman who needed the liver transplant) partner?! She looks so familiar, but I just can’t place her!

2. I love you, Patrick Dempsey but Derek is the whiniest adult male character on TV

3. jessica says:

There was way too much Arizona in this episode.
    I cannot stand hormonal Meredith, she’s even more annoying than April and that’s saying a lot. Please go away. Also I was really hoping that Owen would get fired from the chief of surgery position, but I guess that’s not going to happen.

4. Rachel says:

Um…it’s illegal to not have emergency services in a hospital that has surgical overnight stays. I realize this is fiction…but….

• madhatter360 says:

Maybe they’ll actually be reducing it. Like, the ER only takes in big tragic cases that plague Seattle (ferry crash, sinkhole, ect) but if you broke your leg, you have to go somewhere else.

• Olivia says:

Maybe in the US, but in Argentina there are some clinics specialized in surgery and in-patients (what’s the word for that?) that have no ER

• Alichat says:

It sounded like her issue was with them treating patients for situations that could be treated by a general practitioner. So maybe the ER will still be there, but not for walk-ins who just have the flu?

• Name(less) says:

It’s like the Denny Clinic doesn’t even exist anymore. Poor Dead Denny’s memory is not memorable.

5. Vickie says:

I love Meredith and her pregnancy hormones. That wa my favorite part of the episode. So glad Derek is operating again! If anyone needs to face the fall for the hospital, it is Owen. He is Chief, he signed off on the irreputable airline so too bad and face the music. Take Owen out. Put Richard back as Chief. Get rid of the stupid consultant. We have been there before in season 6. Think of a new storyline not another recycled. Can’t wait for McBaby!! For the record, no one is more annoying than April.

• Joele says:

Owen already took the fall for his role in the plane crash when he divorced Cristina so they all could get the money. It’s not his fault that the insurance company found a way out of it and that Derek is too selfish to bother thinking of the consequences of his actions when he forced the rest of the survivors to turn down the original settlement.

• tvJunkie says:

wait. what? Derek didn’t want the original settlement because he wanted to find out why the plane crashed, not for more money. If they settled, the company would never find out why and wouldn’t change anything.

• Joele says:

They still haven’t found out why the plane crashed, that was my original point. We know the hospital used a charter company that had a history of mechanical problems. The hospital stopped using it-great, but that charter company is still operating and flying people in planes as far as we know. So I don’t think they achieved their original goal of making sure it would never happen again but just my interpretation of the storyline so far. Not that this lawsuit storyline makes sense.

• tvJunkie says:

oh okay, I see where you are coming from. Basically, this is more of a writing/plot fail more than anything.

• Ana says:

That was taking the toll? No no no. Nothing changed in their relationship. They got divorced but they are still together. Facing consequences for changing the airline to a cheaper one and a plane crash happening, should come in hand with something like it’s happening with budgets and payoffs. That is taking his fair share of what happened.

• Joele says:

My point was that it was that action of him and Cristina divorcing that helped push the case forward and got the survivors their money. The hospital and Owen are already taking the hit now (because it was not solely Owen that made that decision to have them go on that plane-the lawsuit was against the hospital because obviously the survivors felt more people than just Owen were involved in the decision to put them on that plane from that charter company). Maybe he will get fired, who knows, the lawsuit storyline isn’t over yet. Will him being solve anything for the hospital or the survivors? No it won’t, and that was what I was originally addressing in the original comment. If we’re talking solely justice/consequences, then that’s a different issue but it still wouldn’t affect the immediate one of the hospital going bankrupt.

• AmbidextrousAspie says:

Derek was in a major crash, lost his best friend and sister in law, laid in the woods for days and nearly lost his hand and career–I don’t think wanting the most possible for that is selfish.

And Bailey needs to grow up. I wonder if she would voluntarily go through what the survivors did for the money? It’s not as if it was handed to them for nothing. She’s regressing. First the wedding avoidance, now this? She’s the selfish one.

• Alice says:

I think Bailey had a point about the fact that closing the ER would still keep the hospital open. It’s easy for the ones that won a million bucks to prefer an alternative measure that would involve more staff cuts, but the majority of the doctors and nurses don’t have a safety net. She was mean about it, but it stands that Derek wasn’t putting forward any better idea for how to keep the hospital open.

• Maura O'Henry says:

Lol, this! April is the worst and yes, agree with everything else too.

6. Cass says:

I missed Alex in this epsiode ;(

• Maura O'Henry says:

I always miss Alex. I so wish he could get a really meaty storyline, one worthy of a core character that’s been around since season 1.

7. Emma says:

Jessica Capshaw was phenomenal in this episode, and I’m a little pissed at what Bailey said to Derek, I mean I get their frustrations that cuts now have to be made, blah blah blah, but she wasn’t in a plane crash, stranded in the woods for 4 days, fighting death and then struggling to regain her career.

• tp says:

This was the first time I didn’t like Bailey. No, everyone doesn’t have millions to fall back on. Everyone, also, wasn’t in a horrible plane crash and had to stand by and watch friends die.

• JoZZZ says:

Was SO glad Bailey spoke out and said what she did. Was wondering the whole episode why none of the “survivors” seemed the least bit bothered that their huge gazillion-dollar lawsuit/payout was the reason that the hospital was in such dire financial straits. They didn’t seem shocked or concerned, and were even pissed to find out about the consultant. What would they have preferred? SGMW to close its doors there and then? If SGMW files for bankruptcy, they wouldn’t hv gotten their money either.

• amanda says:

i was glad that Bailey did say something, because 15 million for four individuals is A LOT of money, maybe even a little bit too much. i get that what they went trough was horrible and that they lost people they love but they have no reason to whine over the fact that the ER might getting closed because they have the money that the hospital needs…

• AmbidextrousAspie says:

They wouldn’t have the money if the Chief Administrator for the hospital didn’t screw up and use a terrible charter company. I would have asked Bailey point blank: “would you go through what we did for the money?” Would have shut her up and good.

The survivors went through heck and the hospital is at fault. I wonder how much the consultant is raking in? Perhaps the hospital could put that money to better use.

• Alice says:

Bailey didn’t say Derek shouldn’t have the money, but she was speaking up for the majorty of the people that would have been affected if they ignored the reccomendations of the budget woman. Derek is opposed to a measure that would allow most of the staff to keep their jobs. Keeping the ER open would mean more staff cuts to compensate. That’s easy to think about if you never have to worry about money again, not so much for the rest of the hospital. If I were a nurse or a non-millionaire doctor with loans to pay, I’d want Derek to shut up too.

• Jay K says:

I agree – Bailey was awesome! sometimes mcdreamy needs to be put in his place. i like p. dempsey as much as the next guy, but mcdreamy is bossy and no they still didn’t ‘prevent this from happening to others’ with the lawsuit. i think the money was necessary because people died and there was damage – but it has lingered and not done much but divide people when there whole job is to work together to help others.
          ???? i love constance zimmer, but still didn’t get what her beef was with the chief — was she doctor who didn’t measure up so she does this job instead? (ps – i have loved her since good morning miami)

• Cathy E says:

I don’t think the survivors know that the hospital had the pay the settlement. Owen was the only one informed and it wasn’t clear whether he told anyone. They may believe that the insurance company paid. Yeah, the timing seems rather obvious but it is not the first time that the hospital has been in financial straits. This is the only explanation I have on why the survivors were not concerned that the hospital is suffering due to the payout from their lawsuit.

8. CB says:

Shane is my favorite intern.

9. Maura O'Henry says:

Pretty good episode. Hormonal Meredith was hilarious. Just gave birth to my 2nd child. Hubby watched with me and said he felt Derek’s pain. Really enjoying the pregnant Merder storyline. Owen is responsible for hiring a faulty plane company so not feeling any sympathy for him at all. I wasn’t a big fan of how Bailey talked to Derek at the end. She didn’t nearly die in a plane crash nor did she come close to losing a body part etc. Bailey has been on my last nerve all season. Love Shane. He’s the best intern and really the only one worth keeping. Jo is annoying as are the rest. I like Stephanie because she is a wedge between Jackson and April. Arizona is always meh to me. Thought that entire sl was way overdone & over the top from the theatrics to the music.

• Nikki says:

I think they’re modelling Shane to remind us of George as much as possible.

• Isa Burd says:

First of all – congratulations!! :D second, I hope you gave your husband the serious side eye when he said that and said “Your pain??”. Then did something with a watermelon that I can’t mention. Just saying lol :D xx

10. forwarddad says:

This was the worst recap ever. It was like fast forwarding on FF4. And Smash Williams was a character on FNL. He is now Shane Ross.

11. Ljen says:

Who is actress playing efficiency expert?

12. sarah says:

nice to see owen use his army history to help arizona. i hope justin bruening stays!!! i think im goin to really like the new paramedic with april!!! also loved what bailey told derek!!!

• Rachel says:

I thought what Bailey said to Derek was insensitive and uncalled for. She used to be my favorite characterbut I haven’t liked her as much this season or last.

• Shaun says:

Well,the judgement forced them to cut something,and she decided the ER….Derek needs to stop avoiding it,lol.

• Tiffany says:

Everybody LAY OFF Bailey. This is Shonda mess. Making people hate on Bailey. First Shonda my Lexie and now she messing the heart of the show. Example Booty Call Bailey now putting her against people who are family to her like Mer/Der and Calizona. It is so STUPID like the stupid plane clash. Shonda stop messing with the most dignified character on the show. The Fans should NEVER HATE Bailey. I (WE) WANT THE OLD BAILEY BACK. THE ONE WE’VE LOVED FOR 8 SEASONS. Chandra Wilson (Bailey) Fan FOREVER. Chyler Leigh (Lexie) forever too. STOP NOW SHONDA! !!!

• Rachel says:

Okay, I will say that I don’t like the direction they’ve taken her character. Still a fan of Chandra Wilson and Bailey just no longer my favorite…

• tp says:

I’m curious as to why you loved what she said? No snark, seriously. It never hurts to have another perspective.

• Sara says:

I personally loved what when Bailey said that because it is true to what the characters are ALL going through. Yes, Bailey wasn’t in the plane crash and didn’t suffer what the survivors suffered. However, she and everyone else who work at the hospital are being affected by the consequences of the plane crash. Their jobs are at risk because of the law suit. Their livelihoods are at risk. And they don’t have money to fall back on, which is the point Bailey was making. I don’t understand why Derek was so hostile to the woman trying to find the least invasive way (in that they don’t have to fire people) of cutting costs. Would he rather the hospital just shrug their shoulders and start firing people (presumbably people he is friends with) again?

• AmbidextrousAspie says:

Losing a job is preferable to losing friends and family in a crash. Bailey acted like an infant. Whiny. Hope she’s written off soon, she used to have a point, now she’s there just to act immature and whine.

• Jan says:

Bailey was rude and insensitive.

13. luli says:

So when is efficiency expert leaving? hate her, she is a bitch…

14. Ana says:

Solid episode. Liked it a lot. Not crazy about Shane right now. He made mistake after mistake and just kept trying to kiss Mer’s butt to make up for it. If he continues to be a brown-noser he will quickly become my least favorite intern. Loved that we got only a bit of Avery. And the Jackson/Stephanie pairing is just so awkward. There is zero chemistry there. But, whatever, I’m fine with it as long as they have limited screentime. I am digging this new assertive April. She totally kicked butt in the ER and the new medic is a hottie. Should be interesting to see them as a couple. I liked that the issue of Arizona’s phantom pain was thoroughly explored. It was unexpectedly dark. The dream sequences were not executed as effectively as they could have been. It almost seemed like JCap was completely out of her element and lacked the confidence to deliver the scenes in a more powerful way. But I give them props for the effort. This was really out of the box for Greys. I am loving hormonal Mer and Cristina really delivered the funny this week.

15. justin121 says:

Does anyone else think that Shonda has a secret obession with interns and internships?

16. Ted says:

This episode was really good, to se what phantom pain is for people who lost a limb. Great job from Jessica Capshaw

17. Julio says:

Did anyone notice that there might have been something or something might have happened between Dr. Webber and the efficiency expert in the past or at least in the mind of the efficiency expert?

• Julio, I noticed this the first time they spoke together. I get the feeling that Webber is going to be the first doctor on the “cut list,” especially after that last interaction about his OR time being the lowest. Everyone is commenting on how she is a “bitch,” but I love Constance Zimmer, I have since I fist watched her on “Joan of Arcadia” back in the long, long ago.

• Amiee says:

There is a reason why she is a efficiency expert and not a surgeon anymore. Webber knows why. Maybe she botched a surgery or had a breakdown.

18. Cathy says:

If the plane crash survivors wanted to make sure no one else was put in jeopardy they should have sued the airplane company as well if not solely. Now that budget cuts are coming, shut up. You caused them. By suing the hospital and rejecting the first settlement this became a money grab. Blame Owen and the hospital all you want…they weren’t flying the plane nor did they produce it. There’s nothing noble in what the survivors did.

• AmbidextrousAspie says:

No, but the hospital and Owen chose to contract with the airplane company to cut corners and save money. The survivors didn’t “cause” the budget cuts, the won a lawsuit they had every right to pursue. I’m sure each of them would give back every penny to have not gone through the crash.

19. Carrie says:

I kind of liked Bailey putting Derek in his place. Her job is in jeopardy and he has the ego of a brain surgeon as his character flaw. It’s always about what he wants – Bailey’s reaction was very human and as this story line continues I’m sure Shondra has a twist or two planned – she writes stories based on how she sees the end of the season according to her interviews and I can imagine the Shepards donating money to keep the ER, or Christina funding some cardiac unit or Callie funding the plastics department in McSteamy’s name, or perhaps they will collectively create a fund together to save the donuts….whatever it is, I’m sure it will unfold in coming weeks. What I didn’t like was the efficiency expert’s nastiness to Richard – that last dig about his OR hours…would have been nice for Bailey to pop her head in to that conversation and let Ms Blatantchiponhershoulder get an earful about the man who just lost his wife. I feel like Richard has been beat down enough so please let this just be her issue and not something he did in the past that has now comes back to bite him or send him back to the bottle.

• Antwon says:

I agree and Elena made a great point. They are surgical interns–so since it’s a training hospital, they need to be observing and assisting in surgeries. I think you’re right. One or all of the folks will give the money to the hospital.

• Alice says:

I agree. People are mad at Bailey like she suggested that Derek didin’t deserve the money. She never said that. What she told him was to shut up and listen to the efficiency expert because, while she was hurting his ego, her goal was to keep the hospital open. And for most of the doctors and nurses, keeping everyone on staff is a better way to move forward than to fire doctors to keep an insolvent ER running. It’s easy to say “Screw this woman’s suggestions, let’s fire people” when you don’t have to worry about the financial consequences of being fired yourself, but that isn’t the situation for the rest of the hospital. That’s what Bailey was saying. And if I were a nurse in that hospital, I’d want to kick Derek myself.

20. Antwon says:

I cannot believe that I enjoyed an Arizona-centric episode so much but I think this was one of the best episodes this season. I have to give kudos to the writing team for doing such a good job juggling such a large cast. I’ll admit I’d like to see more Alex but this was only the 12th episode. I’m sure he will get his time to shine. I actually liked Elena. Sure she was bitchy, but she was there to do a job and she definitely served her purpose. My other thoughts:

OMG go Bailey! I missed her “tude” and the Nazi. It was good to get a glimpse. The looks on everyone’s faces was classic :-) Yes, she was rude to cut Derek off but he had just done the exact same thing to Elena. Bailey made a valid point that unless he was interrupting with a better idea (he wasn’t) then pipe down and let the woman make her suggestions that could save the hospital. It makes sense that she would be afraid for her job. That whole scene rang true to the dynamic that has always been present for Bailey/Derek. She has been checking him since season one. Miranda Bailey has always been my favorite. I still wish she were married to Eli vs Ben.

I liked the new doctor. She’s a bit of a pill but I liked her interaction with the cast.

Ross is so the new George. He reminds me of him–in this episode more than any other.

I need Avery to shave that beard ASAP. He looks scraggly and unkempt.

21. Jessi says:

Grey’s Anatomy just getting better and better :)

22. lauren says:

No comments about how hilarious cristina’s scene about saving the orphan children program was? haha i was laughing so hard at that!

23. shuayb says:

Why must TVLine get someone who clearly doesn’t like Grey’s Anatomy to review it? This article is so full on snark its not funny. And also to use ” for dialogue when it was no where near what the person said? Seriously?
    And maybe you watched another version of Grey’s but derek did not do any patting himself on his back! Ridiculous!

• Lori says:

I thought the same thing too. Clearly not too happy with his assignment. Best part of the show was Derek getting back into the OR, Meredith overcoming her fear of flying and Arizona working through her pain.

• Katie says:

I didn’t even read the recap at first, I just wanted to see people’s opinions of the episode, but after I saw a couple of complaints I had to check it out. And, yep, I see what everyone is annoyed about. Definitely got the feeling that the writer doesn’t like the show at ALL.

24. Laura says:

Derek is acting like a pompous jerk. McOnTheRagAgain

• Anna says:

lol, right? It’s like Derek can only be likable for two episodes a season or something, the rest of the time he’s an arrogant jerk

25. Sharon says:

The doctors are going to put their insurance settlement money back into the hospital and be co owners is my bet.

26. broncfanwa says:

Remember, the insurance company bailed on paying because Arizona broke the rules by getting pissy at Alex and put her sorry fanny on the plane. So if you look at it that way, it’s Arizona’s fault the hospital is in financial trouble. If she’d left Alex on the plane, the insurance company wouldn’t have had a leg to stand on — and she would.

27. Alichat says:

I haven’t read all the comments yet, so not sure if anyone else said this…..but I didn’t understand why everyone was so clueless as to what Arizona was going through? They’re doctors!?! I’m not a doctor, and I know what phantom pain is. That was just weird to me.

And I am with the group that loved Bailey’s comment to Derek. It totally made sense that she’s the one who said what alot of people were thinking. And it was nice to see that Derek was understanding about the moment. Granted her anger really belongs with the hospital and their insurance company (and that weirdly lame loophole,) but I think the reaction was natural.

Not a huge fan of Zimmer’s character. Who comes in to evaluate a hospital and doesn’t do any research? She was sent there because of the lawsuit resolution, so why didn’t she know about the injuries the doctor’s incurred….and thus, should know what Arizona was going through. Just wasn’t impressed with her character.

28. Marc says:

Hormonal Meredith is just hilarious, Meredith and Derek’s relationship finally seems to be making progress, to the point that I think it is now fair to deem them as a healthy couple. Cristina never fails to crack me up. With regards to Bailey, I get her frustration. After all, her job and livelihood is on the line. But, her comment was unfair, and quite frankly, inappropriate. I mean I am certain that the survivors of the plane crash would have much preferred to have never been involved in the crash – regardless of the financial reward. After all, Derek lost his best friend, sister-in- law, and could have lost Meredith. No financial reimbursement could ever possibly make up for the trauma they all collectively experienced. Plus, it was ultimately the hospital which was at fault – if they had paid more attention to what budgetary cuts they made, they would never have got themselves in this situation. (Not that they could have foreseen such things, but the company did have a documented history of mechanical problems).

29. Jea says:

Who is the paramedic who asked April out at the end he looks familiar ?

30. Karen B. says:

Alana Cahill (The “accountant” of the hospital) looked HORRIBLE last night! What did she do to age so much since Entourage…

31. forwarddad says:

Owen IS Chief of Staff but he takes recommendations from others. The Board of ‘Directors would make the decision to change charter companies. And supposedly this case has been months in duration and none of the Hospitals lawyers foresaw thus loophole? Derek and Co. turned down first offer because they wanted to find cause yet they accepted second ofer?

32. Nikki says:

What happened to the Denny Duquette Memorial Clinic from years gone past? Did it close and I missed it? I thought that the whole point of that clinic was to ease the pressure off the ER and was specifically for the cases Alana (I think that was the efficiency experts’ name) was detailing.

On another note, I liked the subtext that something went down between her and Webber – although he seems oblivious, she seemed pissed whenever she dealt with him

• Azerty says:

I have the same questions about the Denny Duquette clinic. If I remember well Bailey “gave” the clinic to Izzie (or was it the other way around?) in season 5 or 6 but since that we have not heard anything about it. And it is supposed to be more expensive than the ER (the clinic is free right? i am not an expert). Anyway that’s a storyline that have been forgotten and it could have been mentionned here.

33. joan maser says:

I thought it was a good show and I know if I lost my leg I would have problems too. I have heard of fantom pain in lost limbs and I liked that Owen stood up for her and wanted to help her. if you remember hey was a surgeon in battle and they loose a lot of limbs ther

Did anyone notice on the coming attractions merideth is having something go wrong with her pregnancy. if she loses it I am turning off the show. they have too many babied lost to tv charictures whole go through son much to get pregnant. you get tired of it’s have a happy spot for a change. she lost all her family, let her keep her husband and children, stick to hospital tramas.

34. Chelsea says:

Who was playing Jimmy? (Derek’s patient who had to have brain surgery) He looks really familiar but I can’t think of where I’ve since him before…

35. A says:

I find it really annoying that they bring Neve in for a nerve transplant for Derek yet they never show anything after. I hate how Grey’s does this. We met Nancy once and Amelia has barely been on and now finally a sister who can actually be brought into story in a great way and there is no aftermath? Wasn’t Neve supposedly going to be in an multi episode arc? Also, loved how Bailey called out Derek. I mean I’ve never hated the character per se but he’s always been a big douche

36. Elisabeth says:

This was seriously one of the worst-written recaps I have ever read. Seriously, please get a better writer to review this show!

37. Pam says:

I love Greys and am willing to put up with a lot of unrealistic stories because, well, it is fiction, it is storytelling, but the whole lawsuit story turned dumb to me when they started talking about suing the hospital. Bottom line, they couldn’t. The hospital is their employer. The plane crash, as horrific as it was, happened when they were acting in the scope of their employment. It is basically a workers compensation situation. And in workers comp, you can’t sue your employer. Period. So they could never have sued the hospital. The whole story is getting boring. Just fix the hospital, give the money back, whatever, and move on.

38. FragglesRock says:

Do the plane crash survivors know that the hospital is having to pay since the insurance company found a loophole? They may all be assuming that the cost-cutting thing is because once you make a claim that big, you usaully get hit with higher premiums. Owen wouldn’t be able to disclose the details we know to any of the staff but if/when they all find out, maybe they’ll put the money back in SGMW & become the new board.

Also, didn’t the Denny Clinic have to shut down when the merger happened?

Overall, I thought it was a great episode and honestly, after all that time not being sure if he’d be able to ever operate again, Derek deserved to be a bit arrogant. Yeah, Callie did the work but he is world renowned for a reason.

39. Chris says:

pregnancy related liver failure and they say it has nothing to do with the pregnancy??? common, either it’s HELLP syndrome or acute steatosis of pregnancy, both of them are treated with DELIVERY OF THE BABY and only sometimes a liver transplant is needed….. No one does a transplant without trying to find out if there’s a reversible cause for the failure! Who is the medical advisor to this show??????

40. IndyPeach says:

Please tell me I am not the only one who can’t stand the new interns.. especially Jo?! Lol.

41. carolann says:

love the show and cant get enough of it…. i think the doctors will do the right thing when it comes to the hosp. and the er. and probably donate part of their money to keep thing s open… as they were never in it for the money in the first place and just are not that type… anyway. i also like bailey, but yes her comment was very cold and they went thru a very difficlt time out there for a wk and lost a lot… and didnt deserve that remark.

42. Habibi says:

You’ll find some fascinating points in time in this article nevertheless I don know if I see all of them middle to heart. There may possibly be some validity but I will take hold opinion until I look into it further. Great post, thanks and we want extra! Added to FeedBurner as well