What to Watch Tuesday: Private Practice's Big Goodbye, Parenthood's Season Finale and More

addison kristina blogOn TV this Tuesday: Private Practice takes down its shingle, Flashpoint goes out with a boom, Pioneers of Television pays homage to Krystal Carrington and her ilk and Parenthood wraps its season. As a supplement to TVLine’s original features (linked within), here are 10 programs to keep on your radar.

8 pm The Taste (ABC) | Two-hour premiere: In this new series, 29 cooks try to impress foodies Anthony Bourdain, Nigella Lawson, Ludovic Lefebvre and Brian Malarkey with a single spoonful. From there, they make it into the competition rounds… or don’t.

8 pm Pioneers of Television (PBS) | Adjust your shoulder pads and sharpen those claws, because primetime soaps such as Dallas, Dynasty and Peyton Place are the subject of tonight’s hour, which features interviews with Larry Hagman, Joan Collins, Linda Evans and Joan Van Ark, among others.

8 pm Pretty Little Liars (ABC Family) | Hanna and Emily investigate a new clue while Aria is sidelined by the flu; Spencer surprises Toby for their anniversary. (Get more scoop!)

8 pm Hart of Dixie (The CW) | George’s visiting mom, who’s not loving her son’s new squeeze Tansy, devises a plan that forces him and Zoe to talk about their feelings. Elsewhere, Lemon is shocked to learn the identity of Brick’s secret girlfriend.

PREVIEW | New Normal Video: John Stamos and Mark Consuelos Are Put to the (Fabulous) Test

9 pm New Girl (Fox) | Nick goes undercover to investigate a suspicious student in Jess’ adult-education class. (Watch a preview.)

9 pm Go On (NBC) | Piper Perabo (Covert Affairs) guest-stars as a former group member who tries to force everyone to choose between her and Ryan.

PREVIEW | Justified: Rachel’s Quiet Frustration Boils Over, Creates ‘Tension’ Between Her and Raylan

10 pm Private Practice (ABC) | Series finale: As the Grey’s Anatomy spin-off comes to a close, Audra McDonald’s Naomi returns to stand by Addison’s side on her wedding day (watch video/view photos), Cooper has a hard time as a stay-at-home dad and Violet begins a new project close to her heart. Sarah Ramos (Parenthood) guest-stars. (Read preview!)

10 pm Parenthood (NBC) | Season finale: Sarah finally chooses between Mark or Hank, Jasmine and Crosby get exciting news while planning an anniversary getaway, and Kristina and Adam prepare for the next phase of her treatment. (It’s far too early to talk renewal… though we currently have it as a “sure thing.”)

10 pm White Collar (USA Network) | Midseason premiere: To find the truth behind his father’s crime, Neal goes undercover in the world of counterfeit whiskey to take down an Irish mob boss. (Read what series creator Jeff Eastin has to say about what’s ahead.)

10 pm Wild Things With Dominic Monaghan (BBC America) | Series premiere: This new travel-adventures series finds the Lost alum trotting the globe to find the planet’s most “badass” animals. (Does that include polar bears?)

RELATED | Hot for Winter: Your January Premieres and Finales Calendar

11 pm Flashpoint (ION) | Series finale: The members of Team One put their lives on the line to save the city from a nightmare of radioactive bombs and a sadistic adversary.

Hit the comments with your must-see picks from tonight’s lineup!

Comments (42)

• Pioneers of Television, Parenthood, Justified. Possibly Cougar Town, though last week’s episode was almost disgusting enough for me to give up on it.

Comment by shump – January 22, 2013 04:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parenthood. Saw Flashpoint a month ago.

Comment by Elaine – January 22, 2013 04:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PRIVATE PRACTICE YAY!!!!!! I am so going to miss this show….

Comment by Hurley – January 22, 2013 04:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too. I actually haev really enjoyed this season. I liked the format they broke the episodes into where each was told from the POV of one character. I thought I’d hate it but it moved the story quickly.

Comment by Ari – January 22, 2013 05:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pretty Little Liars.

Comment by Katie – January 22, 2013 04:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What? No Justified? For shame!!

Comment by Kayla – January 22, 2013 04:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Justified is linked in. You must have breezed right by it.

Comment by Ari – January 22, 2013 05:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will miss Addison Forbes Montgomery.

Comment by Rebecca – January 22, 2013 05:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • raising hope hart of dixie go on the new normal pp

Comment by ollie – January 22, 2013 05:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so bummed Private Practice is ending but I’m pretty satisfied with how the stories have been tied up. I have thoroughly enjoyed this show. Now I have nothing to watch on Tuesday until Body of Proof comes back.

Comment by GS – January 22, 2013 05:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please just don’t watch Taste!! Watch CW, Fox, etc. Don’t need more “reality”

Comment by Boiler – January 22, 2013 06:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • All I can say is Thank you, I agree

Comment by Molly – January 22, 2013 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lying Game and of Course Pretty Little Liars! Hopefully the reveal is awesome

Comment by Josh – January 22, 2013 06:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dual Survival, The Ultimate Fighter *PREMIERE*, Face Off, Doomsday Preppers, Hardcore Pawn, Hardcore Pawn: Chicago, The Burn With Jeff Ross, The Daily Show With Jon Stewart, The Colbert Report

Comment by RandomJ – January 22, 2013 06:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And I thought I watched a lot of crap lol.

Comment by Christian – January 22, 2013 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Worst night of the week. NOTHING worthwhile on. VOD night for me.

Comment by intelliwoman – January 22, 2013 06:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just White Collar and Cougartown for me. Simple night.

Comment by Justin – January 22, 2013 06:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • White Collar, White Collar, White Collar, White Collar – :) – and Go On

Comment by Ananda – January 22, 2013 07:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parenthood! Boy, I’m going to miss this show. Please, NBC, bring it back for a fifth season.

Comment by CW – January 22, 2013 07:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree 100%! Parenthood is the best drama on tv right now. Love the Bravermans.

Comment by Becky – January 22, 2013 08:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! Team Braverman all the way!

Comment by schu – January 22, 2013 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is the best family show on TV now

Comment by Molly – January 22, 2013 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And a longer one too! By longer, NBC, I mean 22 episodes! Don’t let this fabulous show go!

Comment by Sarah Elizabeth Ann (@myownlittlecrnr) – January 22, 2013 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pretty Little Liars
    The New Normal
    PARENTHOOD
    Private Practice
    Cougar Town

Comment by Eric – January 22, 2013 07:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So sad we’re at the end of Parenthood already, best season yet.

Comment by jay – January 22, 2013 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pretty Little Liars,Lying Game,Hart of Dixie,Emily Owens Md,Private Practice series finale

Comment by Brandy – January 22, 2013 07:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have such a Pretty Little Liars vs. Hart of Dixie dilemma on Tuesdays…. I find it so difficult to choose which to watch live!

Obviously Private Practice later. I’m so sad it’s ending, this has been one of the best seasons of all. What a great send-off!

Comment by Sarah – January 22, 2013 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will be sorry to see Flashpoint leave. I have enjoyed the shows over the last 5 seasons, even though,sometimes, it was hard to find. Looking forward to White Collar returning.

Comment by Geema – January 22, 2013 07:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hart of Dixie and The Lying Game

Comment by Alana – January 22, 2013 08:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tonight I’ll be watching Lying Game and Hart of Dixie. Love both shows.

Comment by Jared – January 22, 2013 08:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Go On, New Normal, New Girl, and Mindy Project

Comment by Andy – January 22, 2013 08:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay,where is NCIS this week?Anyways,I’ll watch New Girl,PP,White Collar and Justified.

Comment by Shaun – January 22, 2013 08:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Flashpoint! Why didn’t someone pick this up. Southland, another favorite, was picked up. I guess the networks, with all their money, still rule from above. Too bad.

Comment by Roses – January 22, 2013 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pioneers of Television-I never miss a Joan Van Ark interview.

Comment by TMW – January 22, 2013 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sad Private Practuce is ending but at least it ended on its own terms, very excited to watch it. Also parenthood, NBC is stupid for only having like 16 episodes, it’s unfair. Also, cougar town, PLL, lying game

Comment by Juan – January 22, 2013 10:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Raising Hope, Go On, Mindy Project, Cougar Town. I’m not particularly interested in The Taste… Maybe I’ll watch the competition rounds.

Comment by Babybop – January 22, 2013 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cougar Town
    Justified
    White Collar

Comment by rflairfan – January 22, 2013 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, yeah, Justified! And I have really been digging New Girl this season.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – January 22, 2013 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Tuesdays!
    Parenthood – so sad for season finale
    Go On
    New Normal
    Flashpoint – so so so sad for series finale
    White Collar – yay!!
    DVR Courgartown, but about to give up on this.
    New Girl – On Demand

Comment by Melanie – January 22, 2013 04:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hello, the season and timeslot premiere of “The Ultimate Fighter” on FX on this night as well!

Comment by Joe – January 23, 2013 05:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post