What Horror Is Left to Be Storied? Did Revenge Rebound? Elementary Deduction? And More Qs!

OWe’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including Downton Abbey, Castle, Cougar Town and Elementary!

1 | For those watching the Saturday-buried Underemployed: Are you Team Miles or Team Hot Doc From Buffy Todd?

RELATED | Once‘s Snow White Finds a Mom

2 | Wasn’t Once Upon a Time surprisingly funny this week, between the awkward post-coitus interruptus and Regina telling Ruby to go take herself for a walk?

3 | After some rough patches this season, did you find the latest episodes of Revenge and The Good Wife to be a pleasant return to form? And speaking of the latter: Who cheered when Kalinda showed up on Alicia’s doorstep with the bag of incidentals?

nolan3004 | Did Revenge‘s Nolan give off a Captain Kirk vibe this week? And could it be that NolCorp — and its “cyber plutonium” — is The Initiative’s real endgame?

5 | Was Mary and Matthew’s blind exchange on Downton Abbey, coupled with her last line to him pre-nuptials, so perfect that we didn’t care about not getting to see the rest of the wedding?

6 | Did Bunheads‘ stellar winter premiere make you realize how much you’d missed it? But should someone call Family Services about Boo’s unhealthy home situation (another baby’s on the way?). Can Melanie be our best friend? And did you catch Fanny’s hilarious dig at Dance Moms‘ Abby Lee Miller?

7 | We get it, Biggest Loser: Working out makes some people toss their cookies. But do you have to show us every single time it happens? (Conversely, can you please never stop showing us when contestants slide off the treadmills?)

castle275RELATED | Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on Bones, Castle, Grey’s, NCIS, a Criminal Wedding and More

8 | Come to think of it, Castle fans, we don’t know that much about Rick, do we? Was the bug Meredith put in Kate’s ear there a hint at the oft-rumored Papa Castle backstory we are to someday get?

9 | Which show did Deception remind you of more: Revenge, Dirty Sexy Money or Veronica Mars? (Heck, we’ll also throw in NBC’s one-and-done Kidnapped series.) And even though she’s not a series regular, is it safe to say that Bree Williamson (aka Flashback Vivian) has a job as long as the show’s on the air?

10 | How ironic was it, eh, that — as several How I Met Your Mother fans from the Great White North noted — the “Canadian guest stars” video was regionally blocked for Canada?

11 | Did New Girl‘s absinthe experiment make you want to A) try the storied spirits, or B) stay as far away from the green fairy as possible?

RELATED | Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Grey’s, Glee, Smash, Once, Revenge, Dexter, Revolution and More!

The New Normal - Season 112 | After his very fun guest spots on Glee and now The New Normal, isn’t it obvious that Matt Bomer needs to do a comedy post-White Collar? And we’d send a gift basket for each of the shirtless New Normal scenes, but why wasn’t he shirtless in every scene?

13 | Although Cougar Town was the same intoxicating fun as always in its TBS debut, did the subplot about Andy doing something unspeakable to Ellie while she was Ambien’d seem a bit made-for-cable to you?

14 | How far out of your seat did you leap when NCIS suddenly erupted with machine gun fire and riddled Vance’s house with bullets? And then did your eyes erupt with tears as Ziva wept for her abba?

15 | Did this week’s Parenthood make you realize how much the show needs more Amber/Drew scenes?

16 | What was more ridiculous: the very idea of Fox’s Stars in Danger special, or the extremely (to the point of being pointless) generous judging?

RELATED | Modern Family Exclusive: Wendi McLendon-Covey to Return – But There’s a Twist!

17 | Modern Family fans, did you catch how Haley busting up Luke’s make-out session while toting a laundry basket precisely mimicked Claire doing same with Haley in the series pilot?AHS_0109_Jude

18 | While it was great to see Horror Story‘s Dr. Thredson get his just desserts as three of our heroes went free, what is left for the final two episodes to be about, exactly? (What, does Johnny’s hooker pal have a third breast?)

19 | How soon before the end of Wednesday’s Nashville did you predict Juliette wasn’t going to wind up at the church? Wasn’t it weird that Peggy and the inappropriate photos only merited a casual reference after being such a big deal in the episode before? And that was quite a different Scarlett on the stage this week, no? Wowza.

20 | Was the wry, snarky way that Seth MacFarlane announced the Academy Award nominees on Thursday a good omen for how he’ll do as host on Feb. 24? And between him and the Globes’ Fey/Poehler combo, is the pressure on CBS to nail this fall’s Emmys host?

M.RELATED | Exclusive: Elementary‘s Super Bowl Episode Drafts Oz Alum as Big Bad

21 | Who else is really starting to subscribe to the Elementary theory making the rounds in our comments, that Sherlock is behind Watson’s hiring?

22 | Seriously, Big Bang Theory, where can we get a GPS nav system that “speaks Sheldon”? Or would it soon enough make us want to drive off a bridge?

23 | Wasn’t it Ocean’s Eleven-like cool the way that Scandal‘s Olivia, Mellie, Quinn et al conspired to fake Fitz’s awakening? That said… don’t you hope/pray that in the real life it’d take more than a couple anecdotes to prove that the leader of the free world has his hands firmly on the wheel?

Comments (50)

• I was so relieved to see the return of Emily’s red Sharpie on Revenge–definitely a step in the right direction.

Comment by JoannePistonFan – January 11, 2013 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yes! the return of the sharpie!!

Comment by Maggie – January 11, 2013 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! I was more excited to see the return of the sharpie than any other “character” that’s ever left and later returned.

Comment by B – January 12, 2013 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As long as Bomer doesn’t come back to Glee, he can do whatever he wants.

Comment by Justin – January 11, 2013 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Care to say why? I saw Bomer on Glee, he has a great voice and he did very well. Don’t see a reason to speak bad about the show or Bomer’s character in the show.

Comment by me@hotmail.com – January 11, 2013 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • He was great. Too good for GLEE. I think that was the original commenter’s point.

Comment by meem – January 11, 2013 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • He was completely unnecessary and shoehorned in just because Ryan needed to get him exposure ASAP. He didn’t even prompt any development in Blaine. Give another character family members first.

Comment by Justin – January 12, 2013 07:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • HIs episode of Glee was the highlight of last season and the only reason I would tune back in.

Comment by Deena – January 11, 2013 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You’re kidding, right? It was one of the WORST. It should’ve been about Dave and Quinn, not about Blaine’s whining and butchering of Christina Aguilera and Gotye songs.

Comment by Marco – January 12, 2013 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I still don’t know why they didn’t cast him in Man of Steel. The guy looks exactly like Clark Kent. A very yummy Clark Kent. :)

Comment by gdv – January 11, 2013 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think he’s a little small in stature for Superman. But that’s just me.

Comment by Claire – January 12, 2013 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • #21 – I pretty much believed that since the first episode.

Comment by Ellie – January 11, 2013 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve thought the same thing Ellie. Sherlock hired Watson.

Comment by PJL – January 11, 2013 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Why would Sherlock pretend to be his dad and hire Watson when he clearly think he was doing fine before she came along.

Comment by Adam – January 11, 2013 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Excellent question.

Comment by suzi – January 11, 2013 07:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • He clearly said to Joan, that after he got an addiction, he was of absolute no help to the police in finding the serial killer, he also said “You know, I don’t think you understand, Watson. Without you, none of this would have been possible.Everything that you’ve helped me do these past six weeks, every meeting you’ve dragged me to, every exercise you’ve compelled me to perform it’s all been in preparation for this moment. I’m not throwing away anything I’ve learned., I’m using it.
            I am as clearheaded and as focused as I have ever been.”
            He clearly knew he needed help to stay focused and clear, so he could, at some point, pursue Irene’s murderer.

Comment by Pearl – January 13, 2013 12:24 PM PDT
  • No, I really didn’t find this weeks Revenge to be much of an improvement over this season as a whole. A slight return to the original formula, but the show is still plagued by the same problems.

Comment by valerie (@badtoad20) – January 11, 2013 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For #23 just like the movie “Wag the Dog.” It makes for good entertainment but is absolutly preposterous and would never work in real life.

Comment by Jack – January 11, 2013 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought the very same thing – Wag the Dog came to my mind immediately. And that movie still makes me laugh out loud.

Comment by Jan Wooters Bruce – January 11, 2013 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 19 – more like how soon after Juliette proposed did you know she wasn’t going to wind up at the church. we all should have known immediately.

Comment by cjeffery7 – January 11, 2013 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Go take yourself for a walk.” LOL!!! How wrong is it that my favorite character on this show is the EVIL Queen?

Comment by Kim – January 11, 2013 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like that Regina is a Fairy tale bad guy but a sympathetic villain, too. LP does a great job as Regina. The line about the doctor getting his credentials via curse made me laugh!

Comment by Amy – January 11, 2013 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 18 – AHS has to tie up the aliens (including wtf Alma has been and why), the Monsignor and his falsifying Jude’s death and locking her away, and of course, Bloodyface 2.0! I’m going to imagine that we’ll find out what became of Lana, Jude and Kit. But they seemed like loose ends for one episode, not two. So it’ll be exciting to see how they span this out, I trust AHS implicitly

Comment by Lo – January 11, 2013 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • #2: Surprisingly amusing moments from Regina (including the “PHD from a curse” line), especially when she broke our hearts later in the episode. Pretty impressive how she can make us feel sorry for the Evil Queen.

#3: Yes. Very happy to see the continuing healing of the Alicia/Kalinda relationship. It is such an important component of this excellent show.

#15: They’re wonderful. As is every single character and actor on this show. Perfection.

Comment by CW – January 11, 2013 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Re: #2: Regina always ends up with the best lines it seems like. And Lana is amazing, she makes me feel for Regina too. stinks that Once will never be a true award show nominee because she (and Robert and Ginny) would be a serious contender

Comment by Anna – January 11, 2013 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • #14 Yes I jumped when the bullets went flying into Vance’s house…and I can still hear Ziva’s cry of Abba…and sobbed right along with her.

#12 Loved every shirtless Matt Bomer scene…and would love to see him in a comedy at some point, but I am no where near ready to give up White Collar. It is 1 of my favorites.

Comment by Lyn – January 11, 2013 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Here’s my questions for the week: Does Justified have an advertising deal with Dr. Pepper? In the premiere there was a scene where the characters must have said Dr. Pepper 4 times in about 30 seconds!

Comment by Sarah – January 11, 2013 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • #18 I honestly thought at first that the episode would turn into a dream sequence. It just seemed like the stories were being tied up very quickly in just a single episode. But then Alma’s return and Jude’s “death” and not to mention Bloodyface 2.0 brought back some more questions.

Comment by Ed – January 11, 2013 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • #20: All CBS has to do is get NPH to host the Emmys and all will be right with the world.

Comment by CJS – January 11, 2013 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • #1 – Wait. Are you saying that Todd is Ben?

Comment by znachki – January 11, 2013 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And thus Todd is Glory?

Wait…Todd is Glory?

Comment by John – January 11, 2013 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So you think there’s a connection between Todd and Glory?

Comment by xx – January 11, 2013 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • #6 I have given Bunheads a fair shot but I don’t think it’s that good. Also I am excited for the premiere of season 3 of Dance Academy which I feel is a superior show.

Comment by Mick – January 11, 2013 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • #15-Heck yes! I’d like to see that. And what’s with no more Haddie? If they Skyped with Hailey on Mod Fam, why not on Parenthood? I’d like more of her take on Christina’s illness and the impact on her.

Comment by kees – January 11, 2013 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What. No GH info… ugh. Luke ,Anna and Duke are back…and Miss Lucy Coe (Coe)

Comment by sean – January 11, 2013 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 3–The Good Wife was excellent this week and I can’t believe I did not see that ending coming!
    12–The world needs more Matt Bomer (and less of his clothes). Seriously, the guy is so talented and people need to know it. I usually don’t watch The New Normal but Andrew Randall’s facial expressions when Matt was in a scene with him were priceless.

Comment by Deena – January 11, 2013 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 20 | Yes.

Comment by Cheo – January 11, 2013 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I knew Juliette would not make it to the alter as soon as Sean’s parents forced them to have a big wedding.
    I did not realize that about Modern Family but that is neat!
    I will have to watch the New Normal online just for Matt Bomer!
    Yes we need more Drew/Amber scenes.

Comment by sarah – January 11, 2013 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loving Nolan!

Comment by N – January 11, 2013 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • if matt bomer does comedy i hope its good, he doesnt need to lower himself to glee’s standards to get work. maybe he could do another action-comedy, he was great on chuck.
    castle is definitely sowing the seeds for castle’s dad reveal, i get the feeling he is the real man behind the beckett conspiracy for some reason.
    nice callback in modern family and just another parallel between hayley and claire, their relationship is one of the best on the show.
    now on a completely different note, everybody watch community when it comes back. (i know it wasnt mentioned but everyone should watch it and talk about it)

Comment by Alan – January 11, 2013 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved the references to The Kids in the Hall on this weeks episode of the Middle. Was hoping that it would make this weeks column.

Comment by Becky – January 11, 2013 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I missed that because I didn’t see the entire episode of The Middle. I loved The Kids inb the Hall. Great show!

Comment by Holly – January 11, 2013 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didn’t feel like they really wrapped up much on AHS! Lana gave birth and nursed the baby, but there’s a long way to go from there to BF2. The fact that Alma showed up with a baby means that Kit’s story isn’t over. We still don’t know much about the aliens and there’s still the monsignor and Jude’s story/ies to finish up. Totally two episodes worth of stuff to go.

Comment by gooniesandy – January 11, 2013 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As far as the Cougar Town subplot it was said in one of the very early episodes from Season 1 that Andy does things to Ellie when she takes her sleeping medication and he says she doesn’t remember it. So, I wouldn’t say that it was really a Cable thing.

Comment by RobMF – January 11, 2013 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 8 – I didn’t realize until that moment that however much Rick talks and he talks a lot, we really didn’t know much about him.
    14 – Yes, the gunshots were unexpected and made me gasp, and yes, Cote did such a great job, I had tears in my eyes, too.
    21 – It doesn’t make sense to me that Holmes would hire himself a keeper and pretend it was his father doing it instead. For the most part, he’s pretty much up front about that whole aspect (the substance abuse) of his life.

Comment by Bella – January 11, 2013 04:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 7 – Contestants flying off of treadmills never gets old.

Comment by kavyn – January 12, 2013 12:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 4. i am so glad that Revenge got its groove back , but whatever happened to Nolan’s bi triangle they kept posting about?

12. i agree, an actor of Matt Bomer’s caliber should have more exposure. he can do almost anything, drama, comedy, action..whatever.

15. Was it not suggested back them when Parenthood started that Drew was about to come out? have i missed something here?

18. as for the untied ends in AHS, i bet that Kit is really Bloody Face after all, and he will end up killing both Grace and Alma. if that’s true, it would be the father of all finale surprises, no!

Comment by sana – January 13, 2013 02:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For AHS – Kitts son (one or both) will stop bloody face – either as a cop or something. OR one of the 2 will be bloody face 2.0 and we’ll learn that the Thredson kid died early on in life.

Comment by Tony – January 13, 2013 06:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post