TVLine Items: General Hospital Brings Back 'Doc', Oprah to Grill Lance Armstrong and More
If you love General Hospital‘s Lucy, you’re gonna love this.
The ABC soap’s blasts-from-the-past tour continues when Jon Lindstrom reprises his role of Kevin, Lucy’s off-and-on “Doc,” on Jan. 30, Soap Opera Digest reports.
Lindstrom joined GH in 1996 and last appeared on the sudser in 2004. His other TV credits include As the World Turns and Blue Bloods.
The actor’s return is the second to be announced this week; on Tuesday, Genie Francis made public her intention to reprise her role of Laura, starting in February.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• In a special 90-minute episode of Oprah’s Next Chapter (airing Thursday, Jan. 17 at 9/8c), Oprah Winfrey will speak with professional cyclist Lance Armstrong. The Q&A will be Armstrong’s only interview since being stripped of his titles (and losing scads of endorsement deals) after being accused of doping throughout his career.
• Salma Hayek will reprise her 30 Rock role of Elisa in the comedy’s series finale, EW.com reports. Fans will remember that Elisa was the nurse Jack nearly married in Season 3. She joins another former Donaghy flame — Julianne Moore’s Boston babe Nancy — who, as previously reported, also will appear in the series ender.
• CBS’ new reality competition The Job — in which five people vie for employment — has announced its participating companies. The series premiere (which airs airing Friday, Feb. 8 at 8/7c) will put up for grabs an assistant manager position with the Palm Restaurant Group. Subsequent episodes will feature Cosmopolitan, Major League Soccer, Epic Records, Zynga, Live Nation, Gilt and the Viceroy Hotel Group.
• Not a single surprise here: The Black Keys, FUN., Mumford & Sons, Rihanna and Taylor Swift are the first performers announced for CBS’ Feb. 10 broadcast of the Grammy Awards.
• Glee‘s Jane Lynch — who recurred on Two and a Half Men as Charlie Harper’s shrink — may guest-star on Charlie Sheen’s Anger Management FX comedy, TVGuide.com reports. There are no details yet regarding when Lynch would appear or who she’d play.
• TNT has greenlit a new, unscripted procedural drama exec-produced by Dick Wolf (Law & Order), Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (Top Chef) and Tom Thayer (Hitchcock). Tentatively titled Cold Justice, the series will follow two female investigators as they investigate years-old unsolved murders.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?