TVLine Items: Hawaii Five-0 Stages Interactive Ep, CSI: NY Captures Homeland Big Bad and More!
Hawaii Five-0 is making television history with a Choose Your Own Adventure-esque episode.
The special hour, airing Monday, Jan. 14 at 10/9c, will allow viewers on both coasts to vote in real-time for an ending to the installment.
Centering on the death of a professor, the episode will present three suspects: his boss, his teaching assistant and a student caught cheating. After the motives of each are presented, viewers can head to CBS.com or Twitter to choose the culprit (#theBoss, #theTA, #theStudent). The most popular pick will make it to air.
“I’ve always felt the most fun aspect of watching a mystery is trying to figure out ‘whodunit,’” executive producer Peter Lenkov said in a statement Thursday. “Now the Hawaii Five-0 viewers will actually get the chance to tell us who they think committed the crime, and we will listen. I love that our dedicated and attentive fans will actually play a part in resolving our story.”
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• CSI: NY has booked Homeland baddie Navid Negahban for a February installment. Per TVGuide.com, he’ll appear in the second part of the CSI/CSI:NY crossover event as someone who knows where Mac’s kidnapped girlfriend is located.
• Fan fave Community scribe Megan Ganz has announced her departure (of sorts) from the cult hit. Her new home: Modern Family. In a moving statement posted to Reddit, the in-demand TV writer noted that she’s “excited and scared to start this new… well, everything,” but that “this isn’t the end of me and Greendale.” Her continued involvement with Community — beyond editing the finale, which she wrote — is not entirely clear. Though if it’s any consolation, she confesses: “I just can’t stop writing for Britta.”
• Lost/Sons of Anarchy vet Harold Perrineau has been tapped to play a criminal suspected of murder in an installment of Law & Order: SVU, per TVGuide.com. Marcia Gay Harden will reprise her role as FBI agent Dana Lewis in the same episode. Also guest-starring on SVU in the coming months is Nia Vardalos (My Big Fat Greek Wedding), who’ll play a counselor going up against D.A. Barba.
• Former Yes, Dear co-stars Mike O’Malley and Liza Snyder will reunite on an upcoming episode of Raising Hope, EW.com reports. They’ll play a couple who finds an old sex tape starring Burt and Virginia.
• Eddie Jemison (the Ocean’s Eleven movies) has booked a multi-ep arc on Grey’s Anatomy, EW.com reports, playing a likable nerdy type.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?