Ratings: Gossip Girl Rises With Finale, Voice and HIMYM Up, Broke Girls Dips

Get More: Finales, News, Premieres, Ratings

Ratings: Gossip Girl Series FinaleGossip Girl had a bon voyage, all things being relative, as its two-hour series finale event night averaged 1.4 million total viewers and a 0.7 rating, giving The CW its best Monday night since Jan. 30 and Dec. 5, 2011, respectively.

PHOTOS | The Gossip Girl Series Finale’s 9 Biggest Twists!

Following the one-hour retrospective, the actual finale did 1.5 mil and a 0.8, up 42 and 33 percent week-to-week and marking GG‘s best numbers since April 2011.

Elsewhere on Monday:

* The Voice‘s final performance night (13.2 mil/4.1) was up 7 and 8 percent week-to-week and up 23 and 8 percent from last season’s final Monday sing-off. Leading out of that, a sneak preview of the First Family comedy 1600 Penn retained 7.2 mil and a 2.3, falling shy of The New Normal‘s aprés-Voice preview. Take It All capped NBC’s night with 4.5 mil/1.5, down versus last Monday but up from its most recent, Thursday installment.

* How I Met Your Mother‘s monumental hour-long fall finale drew 8.7 mil and a 3.4, up two tenths in the demo. 2 Broke Girls (10.2 mil/3.5) ticked down two tenths, while Mike & Molly (10.8 mil/3.3) rose from its last outing and won its half-hour in the demo. Hawaii Five-0 (10.3 mil/2.4) held steady to win its time period on both counts.

RELATED | How I Met Your Mother Recap: Barney Rings in the Holidays — Now Updated With Photos

What were you tuned into this Monday?

Comments (12)

• Cried at HIMYM and not ashamed of it.

Comment by Alyssa – December 18, 2012 09:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So sad that Gossip Girl is over! The finale was perfect and reminded me why I fell in love with this show. I’m really going to miss it.

Comment by Jen – December 18, 2012 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Its sad ratings for Gossip Girl, it used to get over 2 mil views and at least a 1.5 rating. A testament to what went wrong with the show.

Comment by shuayb – December 18, 2012 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Sunday’s Ratings in Particular Survivor???

Comment by paul – December 18, 2012 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched Hawaii Five-0 and it was awesome, as always.

Comment by Meg – December 18, 2012 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So GLAD Gossip Girl is over so I don’t have to read the endless musings about this trashy show.

Now if GLEE could die an un-natural death, my lreading pleasure would increase immeasurably.

Comment by Georgia Madman – December 18, 2012 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Can the departing shows grab 2 Broke Girls and take it along to oblivion?

Comment by Slim – December 18, 2012 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 2 Broke Girls was hilarious…I don’t know how it could have dipped

Comment by PGP – December 18, 2012 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 2 Broke Girls is the highest rated scripted series on Monday nights. That show isn’t going ANYWHERE anytime soon.

Comment by Jared – December 18, 2012 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gossip Girl’s ratings went down in season 4, even further down in seasons 5 and 6. It’s nice to see the fans return for the finale. I really enjoyed the fact that Derena and Chair married, Chair having a baby, and the reveal of GG (I was shocked!). I was disappointed that Rufus didn’t remarry Lily, but I was alright with Lily marrying her ex in the end, and it looked like Rufus had a new girlfriend/wife, and everyone was getting along.

Comment by degrassidays – January 3, 2013 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post