Ratings: Parenthood Matches Season High, NCIS and Apartment 23 Drop

Ratings: Parenthood Matches Season HighParenthood‘s winter finale weepfest this Tuesday night squeezed 5.7 million total viewers into Kristina’s hospital room, while winning the 10 o’clock hour with a 2.0 demo rating.

That represents gains of 15 and 11 percent from its last fresh episode and matches the NBC drama’s season high in the demo.

RECAP | Parenthood‘s Winter Finale: Who Got a Christmas Miracle? Who Suffered Major Heartbreak?

Decidedly on the downside this Tuesday, meanwhile, were NCIS (slipping 11 and 22 percent to 17.5 mil and a 2.8, its lowest rating since Feb. 2005) and Don’t Trust the B—- in Apartment 23 (dropping 17 percent to 2.5 mil/1.0).

RELATED | Hot for Winter: Your January Premieres and Finales Calendar!

Elsewhere on Tuesday….

* NBC’s The Voice was steady with 11.3 mil and a night-leading 3.5 rating. Night 2 of Take It All (7.3 mil/2.3) grew a bit from its Monday debut and placed second in the demo above its ABC and Fox sitcom rivals.

RELATED | The Voice Semifinal Results Recap: Did the Right Singer Get the Boot

* Leading out of NCIS, NCIS: LA (15 mil/2.6) won its hour in the demo while dipping 10 percent. Vegas closed CBS’ night with 10.3 mil/1.5, adding a few eyeballs but down a tenth in the demo.

* ABC led off Tuesday with Santa Claus Is Comin’ to Town (5.6 mil/1.7), followed by Happy Endings (flat at 3.3 mil/1.3) and the aforementioned B—-. An impressively powerful episode of Private Practice (3.8 mil/1.2) shed a few viewers while holding steady in the demo.

* Over on Fox, Raising Hope (4 mil/1.7) was up 10 and 21 percent leading into a Ben and Kate rerun. New Girl (4.24 mil/2.0) was flat, while The Mindy Project (3.03 mil/1.4) gained some viewers and inched up a tenth.

* The CW’s Hart of Dixie slipped 11 percent in total audience (to 1.4 million viewers) but ticked up a tenth in the demo (to a 0.6).

Want scoop on Parenthood or NCIS, or for any other show? Email mattmtvguy@gmail.com and your question may be answered via Matt’s Inside Line.

1. Becks says:

Yay Parenthood!

2. Taylah says:

I don’t understand why Apartment 23 has such a little following. This season it’s been much better than Happy Endings and it only keeps getting better but people (aka. Nielsen families) are just not watching. It’s gonna be depressing to watch that show fade into obscurity. And ABC sure isn’t doing much to get new people to watch it, they just assume it’s going to die and they’re probably going to burn off the remaining airing episodes in a horrible time slot so not even the few people who still watch it know it’s on.

• jebbypal says:

not being available on demand is hurting it I think. And they’ve moved it around a couple of times this fall season already.

• Mary says:

Apartment 23 and Suburgatory are my favorite comedies. I am able to watch Suburgatory On Demand but Apartment 23 I have to watch on Hulu.

3. Aidan says:

Parenthood!!!! :) so happy

4. Niki says:

great Parenthood episode, as always:)

5. Alex says:

Parenthood has been SO GREAT this season. It better get another season!

6. KND says:

This was the first time I ever laughed at The Mindy Project. I’ve been trying so hard to like it. If they bring Ellie Kemper on full time it would be a keeper for me. She was absolutely hilarious.

7. Lori says:

Monica Potter only spoke for about 7 minutes in last night’s episode of Parenthood and had me weeping like a baby. She is SOOO good. I hope she gets recognized at awards season.

8. Jake says:

Please say that Josh isn’t gone on The Mindy Project. I really liked him and Mindy together and that was a horrible way to get rid of him last night

9. Brandon says:

Parenthood is just the best. THE BEST. How/why does it not have Emmys?!

10. JO says:

Don’t trust the b is awesome. I wish it had better ratings.

11. Ant says:

That was one of the funniest NCIS episodes

• Amy says:

i totally agree, after it was over my bf just kept saying it was his favorite episode ever, and he has seen them all! Fornell and Gibbs’ ex wife was hilarious!

12. tp says:

I didn’t even know NCIS was new last night until I checked my dvr around 11. NCIS:LA finally let Sam really fight someone if it was only for a few secs. Parenthood was amazing as usual.

13. Amy says:

Is it me or do they not advertise for Apt 23? I love the show but it hasn’t been on consistently and I never see any preview reminders!

14. tp says:

It isn’t looking good for HOD. Was it any good last night? I still tape, uhh I mean record it but I fell off when Zoe said she picked no one then picked Wade. I have 3 epis sitting on my dvr.

• Maris says:

If you ship zoe & wade i think you’ll be happy with last night’s episode

• tp says:

I do not. The very reason I stopped watching. *sigh*

• Radha says:

Well I, for one, hope she stays with Wade.

• Ella says:

Me too! She is much happier with Wade and George/Tansy are hillarious together!

• tp says:

This show is turning out great for all that love Zoe/Wade. Unfortunately I am not one of those people. I hope it gets renewed for all those that love it. I hate that I no longer like it and I tried to watch it for the other characters and crazy happenings. After they announced it was going in the direction of the Zoe/Wade relationship my heart wasn’t in it. I understand having George jump in a relationship with Zoe wasn’t good. For me this is the equivalent to Lorelei and Luke breaking up, killed the show for me. Still want it to pick up ratings and get renewed. That would be great.

15. scott says:

Parenthood is hitting home for me…last year lost my mother to cancer and they are pulling the right strings…this is a great show!

16. Linderella says:

Parenthood was really good…but for me it didn’t hold a candle to the awesome Private Practice episode last night. Brian Benben brought it in what has to be one of the 5 best episodes of the series ever. Diane Farr also excelled as his cancer treatment friend. If Brian does not get an Emmy nomination for this episode it will be a shame. Wonderfully moving. I hate that this series is cancelled but I will look forward to anything/everything the terrific cast (especially Brian and KaDee Strickland) does next.

17. Maris says:

I feel bad for Hart of Dixie, last night’s episode made me so happy. Good news about Parenthood, though, I just wish they didn’t get overlooked for every single award ever…

• Katherine215 says:

Hart of Dixie was really good last night. Love the Zoe and Wade stuff and am really enjoying Tansy and George. Also pretty glad Ruby is gone, her character annoyed me. There was some good character development for Wade, which is nice.

• Ella says:

Yes! Hart of Dixie keeps getting better and better! Love Zoe and Wade! Their relationship is developing beautifully as are their characters! George and Tansy are so funny together and Lemon is a better, more complex character without George. Lavon is a great character with so much depth. Can’t wait for Hart to return after winter hiatus. CW – you have a fabulous show in Hart of Dixie. Please keep it around for a third season!

18. Page says:

NCIS was hilarious last night!!! One of the best episodes in a while!!!

19. Britta Unfiltered says:

I haven’t watched Parenthood yet, but I’m happy for it. Maybe NBC will increase its episode order in the future and actually air it from September to May like a regular series. Then they can retain more viewers. I only watched Happy Endings and The B. James van der Beek was in top form in that episode. I thought the credits were hilarious when he was sitting there talking to the camera, drinking a martini and wearing a smoking jacket. The DWTS crossover was fun. I’m glad they got to show his full cha cha routine.

20. Loni says:

Loved Parenthood last night. Totally made me cry!

21. Tory says:

NCIS’ reliance on a problematic romance is hurting the show overall. I know that every time I get ready to watch the show I end up turning off what are good episodes because of Tiva. I am sadly saying goodbye to what was once my favorite show. S many people I know are telling me the same thing. It’s a shame. I’ve been excited about Elementary, a new show this year. It’s well written and well acted, p,us the show runners promise that the two leads will never end up in a romance.

22. schu says:

This was actually my least favorite episode of Parenthood of the season I think. Having all that happen on Christmas Eve just didn’t make sense to me. I really was hoping Haddie would have been by her mom’s side the whole hour, and from watching this show from the very first episode I believe all the Bravermans would have been in the hospital that entire time, so that had me bewildered the whole time. Sarah should have been in grieving with her breakup with Mark and they should have held off the Amber/Ryan drama until after the holiday (but I do love them together and especially the growth they have given Amber throughout the series, she deserves major recognition, she provides so much depth to that character.) BUT, any scene with Adam/Kristina & Adam/Zeke was phenomenal and kept the excellent standard this show has set. I can’t wait to welcome the Braverman clan into my home each and every week.

23. Robin says:

Can Monica Potter be the Performer of the Week again!? Please!! Or maybe Peter Krause, or Craig T. Nelson….or Mae Whitman…Gosh I love Parenthood! So these numbers are REALLY good and bode well for renewal for next season right? Right!? Please say it is so….Can we have some Emmy nominations for the cast, and writing…They are so well deserving of it.

24. Maggie says:

NBC, please give us more episodes of Parenthood. You don’t have any shows that equal the quality of this show.