What to Watch Wednesday: Whitney's Back, a Modern Mix-Up, One Horror-ble Reveal and More

On TV this Wednesday: Whitney is back for a silly sophomore season, American Horror Story: Asylum comes Bloody Face-to-face with a killer, Matthew Broderick joins the Modern Family and Criminal Minds salutes war veterans. As a supplement to TVLine’s original features (linked within), here are nine programs to keep on your radar.

PREVIEW | Whitney Season 2: Whitney Cummings on Alex’s Issues and the Patter of Little Feet

PREVIEW | The Middle First Look: The Hecks Give Thanks With America’s Heroes – ‘Two of ‘Em!’

8 pm Arrow (The CW) | When The Royal Flush Gang hits Starling City, Diggle urges Oliver to deviate from his father’s list and start helping his fellow citizens. Meanwhile, Moira confronts Oliver about his habit of disappearing in the middle of family functions. (Hey, I do that, and I’m no hero. The Roots clan gets loud.)

PREVIEW | Criminal Minds‘ Joe Mantegna: Tribute to War Veterans Packs an Emmy-Caliber Performance

9 pm Law & Order: SVU (NBC) | Bijou Phillips (Raising Hope) guest-stars as a woman who claims the baby she kidnapped from a city playground is her own child – and that the father is a high-powered legal expert (Quantum Leap‘s Scott Bakula).

9 pm Supernatural (The CW) | Castiel’s back but has no idea how he escaped Purgatory. Elsewhere, Mrs. Tran and Kevin get double-crossed and wind up in Crowley’s hands. (Check out a trailer!)

9 pm Modern Family (ABC) | Matthew Broderick aka Ferris Bueller himself guest-stars as Dave, a new pal Phil thinks is really great. Thing is, Dave also thinks Phil is really great — in a quite different way, not that there’s anything wrong with that.

9:30 pm Suburgatory (ABC) | Tessa decides to spend Thanksgiving in New York with her birth mom (Childrens Hospital‘s Malin Ackerman) — whom she’s never met — so Dallas tries to distract George by asking him to host the holiday. Spoiler alert: Neither Tessa’s trip nor George’s feast turn out as planned.

PREVIEW | Nashville‘s Clare Bowen Says Scarlett’s Standing By Her Man… For Now

RELATED | Nashville Gets Full-Season Order from ABC

10 pm Eddie Murphy: One Night Only (Spike) | This two-hour tribute to the Raw comedian-turned-Shrek donkey includes appearances by fellow Saturday Night Live alumni Adam Sandler and Chris Rock, In Living Color grads Keenan Ivory Wayans and Jamie Foxx and 30 Rock‘s Tracy Morgan.

10 pm Chicago Fire (NBC) | Casey’s involvement in a dangerous apartment-building fire may grant him a reprieve from Voight’s relentless badgering; Dawson faces suspension but gets a hand from the girl whose case landed the paramedic in trouble in the first place. (P.S. Count on a full first season.)

10 pm Top Chef (Bravo) | One turn of the famous Seattle Space Needle (which includes the rotating SkyCity Restaurant) determines which of the 15 remaining chefs will go home.

10 pm American Horror Story: Asylum (FX) | Sister Jude hires a Nazi hunter to gather evidence against Arden, Dr. Thredson plots to spring Lana and Bloody Face is unmasked. Hit the comments with your predictions on who’s behind the serial killer’s grotesque visage!

1. I cannot wait to see who Bloody Face is. I noticed too that someone is coming to get ‘Anne’, looks like a husband?

2. Nick says:

The Middle, The Neighbors, Modern Family & Suburgatory, DVR The X Factor, Arrow & Nashville

3. Bloody Face could be the demon (who in turn could be an alien entity) that has been body jumping. Could be that Kit did in fact killed his wife, then the demon/entity jumped into the kid whose parents brought to the asylum. That would mean that Bloody Face (in the past at least) could be the blonde nun whose name escapes me right now.

4. dane says:

I think Thredson is Bloody Face. He’s TOO compassionate. I think he was diagnosing himself when he was talking to Kit.. unable to reconcile his mind with the horrors of what he has done.

• Car says:

I agree! I think he is secretly nuts. If he is the killer, then he will probably try to kill Lana when he tries to get her out of the institution.

5. SK says:

I’m excited to watch Criminal Minds tonight. Will also watch CSI if new.

6. Ric says:

I think Bloody Face is the Monsignor.

7. Renee says:

Arrow for me! (And Kimberly I’m right there w/you on the disappearing.)

8. POIFanatic says:

Supernatural!!!
    Arrow
    AHS: Asylum (Anne Frank seems to have turned things around for the better)
    Suburgatory

9. David says:

bloody face is someone who can go in and out of the asylum.. but I still didn’t figured it out.. I had a suspect “he” was a woman after the experiments Dr. Arden was doing on Shelley.. mmm

10. Jon says:

I have no idea how AHS is going to reveal Bloody Face so early, since we don’t know a lot about him/her. It’s not like last season when “Who is Rubber Man” was the central mystery of the show, and by the time he was revealed we knew more or less what they wanted. Bloody Face is still way too mysterious.

11. jim says:

It’s gotta be pepper !

12. wrstlgirl says:

Can’t wait to see Cas on SPN and then Chicago Fire. My favorite newbie! I’m gonna start recording Nash and watching them all at once. Maybe it will be more interesting that way, just MO :-) I have to record AHS cuz it comes on late here.

13. Michael says:

I believe Bloody Face is Dr. Thredson! I mean Zach Qunito was “almost” Rubber Man anyway.

14. Jared says:

Arrow
    X Factor
    AHS

15. It’s definately Monsignor Timothy Howard. Why have a big name like Joseph Fiennes and barely use him? It’s got to be someone we don’t suspect already like Dr. Arden or Dr. Thresden (unless he’s completely unaware that he’s the killer). And like someone else pointed out, it has to be someone who can come and go as they please.

16. Blake says:

Modern Family
    Arrow
    Supernatural

17. Ben says:

It would be interesting if Bloody Face were a woman.

18. Mikaylah says:

Supernatural! Cannot wait!

19. bellekell says:

I love how no one mentioned “Whitney”!! I will be watching The Middle, and Supernatural. I will DVR Arrow, Modern Family and Suburgatory.

20. Templar says:

Since regular Wednesday programming sucks, I have to go with The Eddie Murphy special.

21. ollie says:

the middle nature on pbs and supernatural yea cas is finally back

22. Justin says:

Modern Family and Criminal Minds are on my list tonight.

23. nick1372 says:

The Middle
    Arrow
    Modern Family
    Suburgatory (the “spoiler” was pretty much a given lol)

24. bobbie says:

Suburgatory, Criminal Minds, CSI, Whitney

25. Britta Unfiltered says:

Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Scott Bakula is going to be on SVU!!!!! Jumping up and down in excitement over here!!! Totally the first thing I’m going to watch when I get home!! If my DVR craps out on me tonight and I miss that, heads are gonna roll down at the local Comcast office. So sorry for my over exuberance, it’s just that the man, the myth, the legend, Scott Bakula happens to be my longest-standing crush. Ever since I was a pre-teen girl in 1989 when Quantum Leap first premiered.

26. jules says:

Arrow, Supernatural and Chicago Fire – Wednesday rocks!!!

27. Sam says:

I think Bloodyface is Thredson or the Monsignor.