What to Watch Wednesday: Whitney's Back, a Modern Mix-Up, One Horror-ble Reveal and More

On TV this Wednesday: Whitney is back for a silly sophomore season, American Horror Story: Asylum comes Bloody Face-to-face with a killer, Matthew Broderick joins the Modern Family and Criminal Minds salutes war veterans. As a supplement to TVLine’s original features (linked within), here are nine programs to keep on your radar.

PREVIEW | Whitney Season 2: Whitney Cummings on Alex’s Issues and the Patter of Little Feet

PREVIEW | The Middle First Look: The Hecks Give Thanks With America’s Heroes – ‘Two of ‘Em!’

8 pm Arrow (The CW) | When The Royal Flush Gang hits Starling City, Diggle urges Oliver to deviate from his father’s list and start helping his fellow citizens. Meanwhile, Moira confronts Oliver about his habit of disappearing in the middle of family functions. (Hey, I do that, and I’m no hero. The Roots clan gets loud.)

PREVIEW | Criminal Minds‘ Joe Mantegna: Tribute to War Veterans Packs an Emmy-Caliber Performance

9 pm Law & Order: SVU (NBC) | Bijou Phillips (Raising Hope) guest-stars as a woman who claims the baby she kidnapped from a city playground is her own child – and that the father is a high-powered legal expert (Quantum Leap‘s Scott Bakula).

9 pm Supernatural (The CW) | Castiel’s back but has no idea how he escaped Purgatory. Elsewhere, Mrs. Tran and Kevin get double-crossed and wind up in Crowley’s hands. (Check out a trailer!)

9 pm Modern Family (ABC) | Matthew Broderick aka Ferris Bueller himself guest-stars as Dave, a new pal Phil thinks is really great. Thing is, Dave also thinks Phil is really great — in a quite different way, not that there’s anything wrong with that.

9:30 pm Suburgatory (ABC) | Tessa decides to spend Thanksgiving in New York with her birth mom (Childrens Hospital‘s Malin Ackerman) — whom she’s never met — so Dallas tries to distract George by asking him to host the holiday. Spoiler alert: Neither Tessa’s trip nor George’s feast turn out as planned.

PREVIEW | Nashville‘s Clare Bowen Says Scarlett’s Standing By Her Man… For Now

RELATED | Nashville Gets Full-Season Order from ABC

10 pm Eddie Murphy: One Night Only (Spike) | This two-hour tribute to the Raw comedian-turned-Shrek donkey includes appearances by fellow Saturday Night Live alumni Adam Sandler and Chris Rock, In Living Color grads Keenan Ivory Wayans and Jamie Foxx and 30 Rock‘s Tracy Morgan.

10 pm Chicago Fire (NBC) | Casey’s involvement in a dangerous apartment-building fire may grant him a reprieve from Voight’s relentless badgering; Dawson faces suspension but gets a hand from the girl whose case landed the paramedic in trouble in the first place. (P.S. Count on a full first season.)

10 pm Top Chef (Bravo) | One turn of the famous Seattle Space Needle (which includes the rotating SkyCity Restaurant) determines which of the 15 remaining chefs will go home.

10 pm American Horror Story: Asylum (FX) | Sister Jude hires a Nazi hunter to gather evidence against Arden, Dr. Thredson plots to spring Lana and Bloody Face is unmasked. Hit the comments with your predictions on who’s behind the serial killer’s grotesque visage!

Comments (34)

• I cannot wait to see who Bloody Face is. I noticed too that someone is coming to get ‘Anne’, looks like a husband?

Comment by Denise@americanhorrorstoryfan – November 14, 2012 04:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Middle, The Neighbors, Modern Family & Suburgatory, DVR The X Factor, Arrow & Nashville

Comment by Nick – November 14, 2012 04:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bloody Face could be the demon (who in turn could be an alien entity) that has been body jumping. Could be that Kit did in fact killed his wife, then the demon/entity jumped into the kid whose parents brought to the asylum. That would mean that Bloody Face (in the past at least) could be the blonde nun whose name escapes me right now.

Comment by Michael Sacal – November 14, 2012 04:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Thredson is Bloody Face. He’s TOO compassionate. I think he was diagnosing himself when he was talking to Kit.. unable to reconcile his mind with the horrors of what he has done.

Comment by dane – November 14, 2012 04:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree! I think he is secretly nuts. If he is the killer, then he will probably try to kill Lana when he tries to get her out of the institution.

Comment by Car – November 14, 2012 09:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m excited to watch Criminal Minds tonight. Will also watch CSI if new.

Comment by SK – November 14, 2012 04:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Just read and now remembered that CSI is new. They bring back Warrick or at least, his name.

Comment by SK – November 14, 2012 04:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Bloody Face is the Monsignor.

Comment by Ric – November 14, 2012 04:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Arrow for me! (And Kimberly I’m right there w/you on the disappearing.)

Comment by Renee – November 14, 2012 05:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Supernatural!!!
    Arrow
    AHS: Asylum (Anne Frank seems to have turned things around for the better)
    Suburgatory

Comment by POIFanatic – November 14, 2012 05:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • bloody face is someone who can go in and out of the asylum.. but I still didn’t figured it out.. I had a suspect “he” was a woman after the experiments Dr. Arden was doing on Shelley.. mmm

Comment by David – November 14, 2012 05:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I liked someone’s theory that it was the lesbian friend of Lana and her girlfriend.

Comment by Lauren – November 14, 2012 05:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have no idea how AHS is going to reveal Bloody Face so early, since we don’t know a lot about him/her. It’s not like last season when “Who is Rubber Man” was the central mystery of the show, and by the time he was revealed we knew more or less what they wanted. Bloody Face is still way too mysterious.

Comment by Jon – November 14, 2012 06:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s gotta be pepper !

Comment by jim – November 14, 2012 07:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait to see Cas on SPN and then Chicago Fire. My favorite newbie! I’m gonna start recording Nash and watching them all at once. Maybe it will be more interesting that way, just MO :-) I have to record AHS cuz it comes on late here.

Comment by wrstlgirl – November 14, 2012 07:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I believe Bloody Face is Dr. Thredson! I mean Zach Qunito was “almost” Rubber Man anyway.

Comment by Michael – November 14, 2012 07:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Arrow
    X Factor
    AHS

Comment by Jared – November 14, 2012 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s definately Monsignor Timothy Howard. Why have a big name like Joseph Fiennes and barely use him? It’s got to be someone we don’t suspect already like Dr. Arden or Dr. Thresden (unless he’s completely unaware that he’s the killer). And like someone else pointed out, it has to be someone who can come and go as they please.

Comment by Gary Joseph Gonsalves Jr. – November 14, 2012 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Modern Family
    Arrow
    Supernatural

Comment by Blake – November 14, 2012 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It would be interesting if Bloody Face were a woman.

Comment by Ben – November 14, 2012 09:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m leaning toward this idea, too.

Comment by Aleksa – November 14, 2012 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Supernatural! Cannot wait!

Comment by Mikaylah – November 14, 2012 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love how no one mentioned “Whitney”!! I will be watching The Middle, and Supernatural. I will DVR Arrow, Modern Family and Suburgatory.

Comment by bellekell – November 14, 2012 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Do Not Jinx It!!!

Comment by POIFanatic – November 14, 2012 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Since regular Wednesday programming sucks, I have to go with The Eddie Murphy special.

Comment by Templar – November 14, 2012 10:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the middle nature on pbs and supernatural yea cas is finally back

Comment by ollie – November 14, 2012 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Modern Family and Criminal Minds are on my list tonight.

Comment by Justin – November 14, 2012 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Middle
    Arrow
    Modern Family
    Suburgatory (the “spoiler” was pretty much a given lol)

Comment by nick1372 – November 14, 2012 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Suburgatory, Criminal Minds, CSI, Whitney

Comment by bobbie – November 14, 2012 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh boy, Oh boy, Oh boy, Scott Bakula is going to be on SVU!!!!! Jumping up and down in excitement over here!!! Totally the first thing I’m going to watch when I get home!! If my DVR craps out on me tonight and I miss that, heads are gonna roll down at the local Comcast office. So sorry for my over exuberance, it’s just that the man, the myth, the legend, Scott Bakula happens to be my longest-standing crush. Ever since I was a pre-teen girl in 1989 when Quantum Leap first premiered.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – November 14, 2012 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Arrow, Supernatural and Chicago Fire – Wednesday rocks!!!

Comment by jules – November 14, 2012 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Bloodyface is Thredson or the Monsignor.

Comment by Sam – November 14, 2012 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post