Hot Shots: The Good Wife Plus Stockard Channing Equals 'Happy Thanksgiving!'…?

As if Alicia didn’t have enough to deal with in the Nov. 25 episode of CBS’ The Good Wife — wary as she is of a legendary attorney (Animal House‘s Bruce McGill) hijacking an important case — she will also receive a visit from her heretofore unseen mother Veronica, played by three-time Emmy winner Stockard Channing. And we’ve got some family album-ready photos of the grand dame’s drop-by.

PHOTOS | Good Wife Sneak Peek: Meet Cary’s Dad! Plus: Christina Ricci Guest-Stars

What brings about this bit of holiday-season momsense? Veronica comes seeking moral and legal support from both Alicia and her brother Owen (returning guest star Dallas Roberts), but she will also have what is billed here as a “tense conversation” with son-in-law Peter’s mother Jackie. (You also get some pics of Jackie’s charming new caretaker Cristian, played by Yul Vazquez).

Also guesting in the episode are returning players Bebe Neuwirth (as Judge Friend) and Brian Dennehy (as last episode’s opposing counsel Bucky).

Comments (15)

• Stockard Channing looks better now than she did in Grease.

Comment by a – November 8, 2012 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wouldn’t go THAT far but she does look good for her age. On the other hand, did you see Shelly Long on last night’s Modern Family? Yeesh!

Comment by Christian – November 8, 2012 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think she looks amazing now!!! I thought she looked ok in Grease but like I said she looks amazing now!

Comment by Rebecca – November 8, 2012 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Talk about perfect casting

Comment by Jared – November 8, 2012 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love how everyone’s excited for Stockard’s guesting! They should get her to be a recurring character! She and Alicia can may perfect tv drama… also the tense Jackie/Veronica showdown will be amazing. That’s for sure. :)

Comment by jayzhelle – November 8, 2012 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have no words for how excited I am about this. And I’m glad Owen is coming back! I love seeing Alicia’s family. Frak, I’m excited for this episode

Comment by mia – November 8, 2012 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really looking forward to this episode. Not really buying that she can successfully play Alicia’s mom. However, the casting for this show has been amazing – so that’s why I am hopeful…this IS the BEST show on network TV IMO. :)

Comment by Goodwife Fan – November 9, 2012 03:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG, when they introduced Jackie’s adorably gay caretaker Cristian last week, my first thought was “They should totally bring Owen back for a few eps and make a love connection!” Matt, any idea if that will be happening?!

Comment by Lo – November 9, 2012 04:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Perfect casting. Well done The Good Wife AGAIN!!!! :)

Comment by Sarahii – November 9, 2012 06:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!! Stockard Channing rules!

Comment by EveatEden – November 9, 2012 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BEST CASTING NEWS EVERRRRRRRRR!

Comment by Kiki – November 9, 2012 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well that sure was a hot episode!

Comment by silkrose – November 25, 2012 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show has gotten boring, which is evidenced by the fact that I had two episodes on my DVR that I didn’t realize were there – I obviously wasn’t dying to watch them the same day. Saying this most recent episode was the “best so far of the season” still doesn’t say much. Yeah, it was alright – but nothing compared to previous seasons.

Comment by Kristen – November 29, 2012 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What is wrong with stockard channing’s cheeks? They look blown out of proportion.

Comment by tre – December 3, 2012 08:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on I Love Stockard Channing.

Comment by Clairsi – January 1, 2013 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post