TVLine Items: Bold, Buffy Actors to 90210, Daily Show, Colbert Go Live on Election Night and More
Adam Gregory is returning to 90210.
MIA since the Season 1 finale, the Bold and the Beautiful actor’s alter ego Ty Collins will reappear on the CW soap in an episode that examines how his life would have differed if Shenae Grimes’ Annie had never come to town. (TVGuide.com first reported the casting.)
Elsewhere in the famous zip code, Buffy alum Charlie Weber has booked a recurring role as a bad boy-turned-chef and food-truck owner in Beverly Hills, per The Hollywood Reporter.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• The Daily Show With Jon Stewart and The Colbert Report are slated to spend election night airing live shows on both coasts. First up on Nov. 6 is Election Night 2012: This Ends Now, which will feature Stewart & Co.
mocking analyzing early polling results, while Stephen Colbert’s Election 2012: A Nation Votes, Ohio Decides; The Re-Presidenting of America: Who Will Replace Obama? ’012! will follow.
• HBO has given an eight-episode order to Hello Ladies, a comedy starring, co-written and directed by The Office co-creator Stephen Merchant, Deadline reports. The series centers on the gawky Englishman searching for love in America.
• The Mob Doctor — which returns to Fox on Nov. 5 — has nabbed both Michael Madsen (Reservoir Dogs) and Jennifer Beals (The L Word) for multi-episode arcs. Per TVGuide.com, Madsen will play a veteran criminal in need of surgery, while Beals drops by as a high-class madam who once dated William Forsythe’s Constantine.
• Andrew Dunbar (SGU Stargate Universe) will play DC Comics character Firefly in an upcoming episode of Arrow, per EW.com.
• Cartoon Network has renewed Regular Show and The Amazing World of Gumball for a fifth and fourth season, respectively.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?