What to Watch: Colbert on The Office, Olyphant on The League, a Goon of Interest and More

On TV this first Thursday of November sweeps: Stephen Colbert lends his pipes to The Office, Up All Night hosts an Arrested Development reunion, a Person of Interest might not get any help and Project Runway has designs on another all-star season. As a supplement to TVLine’s original features (always linked within), here are 10 programs to watch for tonight.

PREVIEW | Vampire Diaries: Phoebe Tonkin Previews Her ‘Wolfy’ Threat to Tyler and Caroline

PREVIEW | Get a First Look at The Big Bang Theory‘s Incredible Halloween Smurftacular!

8 pm Last Resort (ABC) | While Sam and Marcus don their dress whites and enter negotiations with the U.S. government in hope of ending the standoff, Grace takes command of the Colorado during a dangerous operation. Can’t wait to see the very best episode since the premiere? Watch the first 10 minutes now:

8:30 pm Up All Night (NBC) | Tony Hale (Arrested Development, Veep) guest-stars as a dentist who helps Reagan get her groove back after Chris’ inattention makes her feel old. Elsewhere, Ava and Walt create an insane haunted house in the hope of appeasing her neighbors. (Get a video sneak peek!)

RELATED | Exclusive Q&A: Patrick Dempsey on Re-Signing With Grey’s Anatomy, His Relationship With Ellen Pompeo and His Hopes for the Series Finale

9 pm Grey’s Anatomy (ABC) | Debbie Allen returns as Dr. Avery, who consults with Richard on a complicated procedure; Meredith stops talking about her surgeries out of consideration for Derek, who may never operate again. (Sneak a few peeks.)

9 pm Project Runway All-Stars (Lifetime) | Season 2 premiere: 13 designers from past seasons compete for $150,000 and the chance to design a collection for Nine West. The participants – including Season 2′s Andrae, Season 8′s Casanova and Season 9′s Joshua – join new host Carolyn Murphy, mentor Joanna Cole, judges Isaac Mizrahi and Georgina Chapman and guest judge/All-Stars Season 1 champ Mondo.

9 pm Person of Interest (CBS) | The Machine presents Reese and Finch with a sticky wicket when it gives them the number of a mob enforcer (Parenthood‘s Jonathan Tucker) whose life becomes endangered. Should they sit this one out and let justice prevail?

9 pm Beauty and the Beast (The CW) | When Vincent insists that a Bosnian immigrant (Lara Jean Chorostecki, Camelot) arrested for murder is innocent, Cat risks her job to get at the truth.

9 pm The Office (NBC) | Andy invites his a cappella group, Here Comes Treble, to play Dunder Mifflin on Halloween. The Colbert Report host – and Ed Helms’ old Daily Show co-correspondent — Stephen Colbert guest-stars as Andy’s frenemy, Broccoli Rob.

PREVIEW | An Elementary Case Lands Holmes in ‘Jeopardy’ as Joan ‘Assumes the Worst’

10 pm Scandal (ABC) | The parents of a missing college student seek help from Pope & Associates; David gets help on the Cytron case from an unexpected source; Mellie proves her political prowess.

10 pm Sweet Genius (Food Network) | Dried fungi, black radishes and onions. What are “Items I wouldn’t want dropped in my trick-or-treat bag, Alex?” No, I’m sorry, the answer we were looking for was, “Ingredients in this week’s Halloween-themed dessert challenges.”

10:30 pm The League (FX) | Ruxin has a run in with a white sushi chef played by Justified‘s Timothy Olyphant. Nice try, pardner, but Walton Goggins won this round.

Comments (42)

• Grey’s Anatomy; under the condition that they kill off Arizona.

Comment by Jarrod Mitchell – October 25, 2012 06:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t get the “Goon of Interest” reference. Am I missing something? Did I admit that I’m a moron? I think so!

Comment by Amanda From Michigan – October 25, 2012 06:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought it meant that the PoI this week is a mob goon? or maybe I’m the moron!

Comment by Lauren – October 25, 2012 06:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ah, that does make sense. Thanks!

Comment by Amanda From Michigan – October 25, 2012 08:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You are correct, Lauren! And you are not a moron.

Comment by Gwen – October 25, 2012 08:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Vampire Diaries and Beauty and the Beast – giving the show another shot.

Comment by jules – October 25, 2012 06:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BBT
    30 Rock
    PoI
    Scandal
    It’s Always Sunny!

Comment by Lauren – October 25, 2012 06:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Last Resort
    Person of Interest
    Elementary
    The Big Bang Theory
    Parks & Rec
    It’s always Sunny in Philadelphia

Comment by Balaji K – October 25, 2012 06:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Big Bang Theory and Person of Interest.

Comment by niks – October 25, 2012 07:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

Grey’s Anatomy
    Beauty and the Beast

Comment by John – October 25, 2012 07:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Three words only:
    Person.Of. Interest.

Comment by Rai – October 25, 2012 07:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Damn Straight. And I will add vampire diaries to the mix.

Comment by lll – October 25, 2012 08:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You have superb taste in TV! POI is simply the BEST.

Comment by hotshot – October 25, 2012 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How can it be November sweeps when it’s October?

Comment by Ann – October 25, 2012 07:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • November Sweeps usually extend from the last Thursday of October and last four weeks. I do know this year they go from tonight to Nov. 21st. I think it’s established by the Nielsen media research company. Someone could probably explain it better.

Comment by C – October 25, 2012 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • VD,Beauty &Beast

Comment by Brandy – October 25, 2012 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Last Resort, POI, Elementary, Scandal (can’t get enough of Olivia & Fitz) and Up All Night (which I’m sadly starting to lose interest but not ready to give up on it).

Comment by Lorie – October 25, 2012 08:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Person of Interest

Not sold on this round of Project Runway. Some of the people returning are so thoroughly repugnant that I don’t really want them back in my living room. Ivy, I am looking at you.

Comment by BTM – October 25, 2012 08:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Last resort, Grey’s Anatomy, Scandal; and Vampire Diaries

Comment by Juan – October 25, 2012 08:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scandal..B&TB

Comment by lulu – October 25, 2012 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I found the line interesting from the 10 min preview of Last Resort…
    If you mention my son’s name again, I will crush the jelly from your eyes”.

Also, won’t miss POI.

Comment by Bill D – October 25, 2012 08:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TBBT, Person of Interest, Elementary

Comment by suzi – October 25, 2012 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Grey’s, Scandal, Vampire Diaries, Big Bang Theory, and Parks and Rec.

Comment by Andrea – October 25, 2012 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scandal

Comment by fernando rodriguez (@Fernanaberry) – October 25, 2012 09:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Person of Interest may have become my second favorite show right now behind Homeland. But they are real close.

Comment by Truth – October 25, 2012 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Last Resort and Beauty and the Beast for me. I never could get into the Vampire Diaries, maybe cuz of the teen angle, but so far I’m enjoying BatB. I like that the regulars are all adults in their late 20s early 30s and there are no annoying teenagers. Kreuk’s acting is fine and thanks to this show, I’ve discovered Max Brown.

Comment by K.C. – October 25, 2012 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It is refreshing that there are no whiny teenagers (I mean that has its place) but this show just seems to be getting better. And you’re right, Kreuk is doing a fantastic job in this show and her chemistry with Ryan is great. She’s nothing like Lana at all.

Comment by AT – October 25, 2012 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely tuning into Beauty and the Beast live. I hope other people will too because it needs the ratings! I’m really enjoying it. The second episode was a MAJOR improvement over the pilot and from this episode’s promo, it looks like Vincent will be beasting out a little bit more. So excited that there is something like Moonlight on tv again. Other than that, I’ll probably watch the Vampire Diaries.

Comment by AT – October 25, 2012 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ELEMENTARY

Comment by Mary – October 25, 2012 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Elementary then POI then Scandal – the other 5 shows on my list can wait, but Elementary is defn my most looked forward to show of the week.

Comment by Fido – October 25, 2012 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by bobbie – October 25, 2012 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Big Bang
    Scandal
    DVR Elementary
    Hulu TVD tomorrow

Comment by Thea – October 25, 2012 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shocked that no one else is watching the office. I for one am excited about Steven Colbert being on the show.
    Also watching:
    Grey’s, 30 rock, parks, up all night, and jersey shore. Recording last resort for a future watch along with other backed episodes.

Comment by Mark – October 25, 2012 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same. I’m looking forward to Stephen popping up on there, too :).

Comment by Angela – October 25, 2012 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not even a mention of Parks and Rec? All the critics who’ve seen tonight’s episode seem to be gushing about it, so it’s kind of a strange omission.

Comment by Mich – October 25, 2012 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • [Gasp]. Timothy Olyphant is going to be on The League tonight??? TIMOTHY OLYPHANT IS GOING TO BE ON THE LEAGUE TONIGHT???? What wonderful karmic thing did I do in life to deserve this slice of deliciousness?

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – October 25, 2012 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so happy The League is back on my TV. It isn’t my usual type of humor, but for whatever reason I love it. Add in Timothy Olyphant, and it is sure to be an awesome episode.

Comment by Mikaylah – October 25, 2012 02:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watching TBBT. Recording Last Resort and Person of Interest.

Comment by nick1372 – October 25, 2012 03:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post