Hot Videos: Once Upon a Time's Emma Meets Hook, and a Monster Is Unleashed!

Get More: Video

This Sunday on ABC’s Once Upon a Time, Captain Hook shakes a few more hands as he travels across the canvas, while back in Storybrooke the mysterious Dr. Whale (rather unsuccessfully) plays God.

PHOTOS | Once Upon a Time Reveals Emma’s Past… and Henry’s Father?

In the first clip from this week’s “The Doctor,” Snow White, Emma at el stumble upon Killian Jones (new series regular Colin O’Donoghue), who claims to be the sole survivor of an ogre massacre. When the pirate discloses his more famous moniker, it elicits distinct reactions from both mother and daughter.

Loading video...

In the second clip, when Regina back in Storybrooke begins seeing what she believes is a ghost from her past, she makes an appointment with Dr. Whale (David Anders) aka he who was not entirely forthcoming about his true identity in the season opener. And lest the promo for this week’s hour left you with any doubts, what he has to share here should give you an additional jolt. Which storyline do you most anticipate?

Loading video...

Comments (97)

• I wanna see Emma/Snow again.
    Frankenstein? Sorry, but no

Comment by veronic – October 24, 2012 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Belle is starting to annoy me more than Aurora did. Her whole mighty and princess-y tone is getting on my nerves. Please, no more Rumbelle-centric episode in the future. Plus, it’s creepy that Belle can easily be Rumple’s daughter. And the library scene is embarrasing. Oh God, Snow and Emma is the show. And as charming as Charming is, he just can’t hold an episode well.

Comment by Leo – October 24, 2012 08:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • He lives forever….everyone could be his daughter.

Comment by Shaun – October 24, 2012 10:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Not talking about characters, but more like casting decision. They could make Rumple younger or cast an older Belle just so it’s not that gross to see they hook up on screen.

Comment by Leo – October 25, 2012 01:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • agreed! when they kissed I vomitted in my mouth a little. blech!

Comment by Terry – October 26, 2012 12:52 PM PDT
      • Yeah Charming alone in Storybrooke isn’t working for me either. I would prefer any futures episodes to have at least one of the show’s three leading ladies in it in some fashion.

Comment by Ledbetter – October 25, 2012 05:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • LMAO @ how this majority of this comment has nothing to do with the topic of post and is just an excuse to rant. It’s amusing when irate Snowing fans show themselves.

Comment by BelleRumpleFan – October 26, 2012 04:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not thrilled about the monster twist. If they bring Daniel back they should have gone for something different. Bringing him back only to kill him again is just cruel.

Comment by Louise – October 24, 2012 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well like Dr. Whale said – it’s not really Daniel. Get what you mean though. Kinda frustrating. How often does the poor guy have to die?
      When they announced Noah Bean’s return I thought they would use him for something more positive. Another flashback to young Regina or something.

Comment by Nat – October 24, 2012 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I completely agree that it’s frustrating for us as the viewers to revive a character just so they could die again. Probably coming back to himself for a moment there just before the end, either doing himself in or giving the heroes a chance to do him in (again). On the other hand, Regina being tormented by Zombie-Daniel sounds like a fun, horrible horror flick! Bring on the torches an pitchforks, folks!

Comment by Dreamrose – October 24, 2012 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve got a hunch that there’ll probably be just enough Daniel left in there for Regina to get to say goodbye before putting him to rest for good.

Comment by wordsmith – October 24, 2012 05:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That’s what I’m suspecting too. Daniel will fight the monster once he recognizes Regina and they’ll have a bitter-sweet moment or two during which they can profess their love for one another and say goodbye… and then it’s over again.
        Although it would be kinda cool if they could turn this into a longer arc. It would bei interesting to see a character struggle with that, having two sides – a good and an evil. Although that’s probably more of a Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde kinda story. And the actor’s a regular on another show so guess it can’t end well either way.

Comment by Ledbetter – October 25, 2012 05:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In TVD he loses fingers,here his whole hand!
    Guy,really loves drama!

Comment by you know – October 24, 2012 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That was my though too!

Comment by Addy – October 24, 2012 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hand? Try his whole left arm up to his shoulder!

Comment by Mary – October 24, 2012 09:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG love Emma and Captain Hook!

Comment by Heather – October 24, 2012 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate the introduction of Frankenstein.

Comment by Piers – October 24, 2012 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would like to see some more classic fairytales before they declare every fictional character fair game to be honest.
      And I don’t know what Doc Frankenstein could add to the mythology beyond the story told in this episode. Maybe Whale has a double identity too and he became a real fairytale character at a later point.

Comment by Nat – October 24, 2012 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Should have watched your own movie, Whale.

Comment by xav – October 24, 2012 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So I guess we’re not limited to just fairy tales anymore…? Frankenstein is my absolute favorite book, they better not screw it up too horribly.

Comment by Tricia – October 24, 2012 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s never been limited to fairy tales – it’s called Storybrooke, Fairy Tale Falls. All fictional stories are fair game (though they’ve said that only public domain, Disney-associated properties, and the occasional other work they can afford to get the rights to will show up).

Comment by Temperence – October 24, 2012 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Pinocchio isn’t a Fairy Tale – it’s a book, in fact it’s a book written sixty years after Frankenstein.

Comment by wordsmith – October 24, 2012 05:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • And Peter Pan wasn’t written until almost twenty years after Pinocchio.

Comment by wordsmith – October 24, 2012 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • True, but those stories make more sense on Once because they both have fairies/magic in them. Frankenstein is a little harder to swallow.

Comment by gdv – October 24, 2012 07:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • And both have Disney movies, which is really what the show wants to do.

Comment by xav – October 25, 2012 06:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes, Pinocchio is a fairy tale, an Italian one. What it isn’t is a Grimm tale. Not all fairy tales are from the Grimm Bros..

Comment by Templar – October 25, 2012 07:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The showrunners said they will use any fictional character that suits their needs. Frankly I like they way the smash up characters with different back stories.

Comment by tvdiva – October 25, 2012 08:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh no, what did Dr Whale do to Daniel :( :(

Comment by Jas47 – October 24, 2012 02:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait to see Hook with Emma, Snow, Aurora, and Mulan. Emma besting Hook? I’m loving it (and them) already! I’m so glad that made Colin a regular. His character is perfect for mixing up some trouble.

Comment by Aims – October 24, 2012 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree becasue Emma has a thing for bad boys which gets into alot of trouble.

Comment by A – October 24, 2012 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i want hook to be emma’s new love interest

Comment by luli – October 24, 2012 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i’m sure that’s the direction they are heading. A love triangle between Captain Hook, Emma, and Peter Pan (her baby daddy). It works on so many levels.

Comment by lara – October 24, 2012 06:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • While Whale is one of my favs I’m not completley happy with the Frankenstein reveal…let’s hope he survives the episode (one of my fav characters ^^)

Comment by mac – October 24, 2012 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously, people really need to stop getting so hung up on Whale being Dr. Frankenstein and the whole “IT’S NOT A FAIRYTALE” bs. This show never was strictly about fairy tales and they even say that at the beginning of the entire show. Plus, King Midas, Lady of the Lake, Lancelot, Wonderland, Oz even the Genie are not fairytales in the same vain as Snow White, Red Riding Hood, etc. Who cares?! Expanding to more literary characters opens up the show to way more options and storylines.

Episode looks like a fun one!

Comment by bigby_wolf – October 24, 2012 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually, the genie is from Aladdin, which is most definitely a fairy tale. I think people are just kind of confused because Frankenstein doesn’t really fit in as well as the likes of characters from Arthurian Lore, Alice in Wonderland, etc. But I guess we’ll have to see how it plays out.

Comment by Ariel – October 24, 2012 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Plus, in the Enchanted Forest/Storybrooke reality like 80% of all bad guys are in fact Rumplestiltskin.

Comment by bride of sark – October 24, 2012 06:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The proper title of that fairy tale is One Thousand and One Nights, and I want to meet Ali Baba!

Comment by LoaJayne – October 27, 2012 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Regina & Daniel are star-crossed lovers in every world, aren’t they. It sucks, I like them together. I demand happy-sappy-young-lovers flashbacks later this season to make up for all the tragedy! ;)

Comment by Hanna – October 24, 2012 02:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The writers of Once Upon A Time can do many things so they can be together again for 1 episode or 2 episodes! Flashback, alternative universe episode, time travel, and more. If the actor of Daniel can come back (he is Ryan on Nikita!) they can do many things for him and Regina.

Comment by Marisol – October 24, 2012 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hells to the yeah! More flashbacks for those two are in order!

Comment by GH – October 25, 2012 02:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m sure they’ll do more flashbacks. If they can get the actor again. I mean Regina’s a central character and Daniel’s her true love.
      I would like to know when Regina and Daniel met. He worked for a her family alright, but I feel there could be a story there.

Comment by Ledbetter – October 25, 2012 05:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My objection is that it isn’t a children’s story. It doesn’t need to be a fairy tale, but during family hour it should be Ok for kids.

Comment by Glinda – October 24, 2012 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m sorry but Snow White really isn’t a children’s story either. What it looks like they are doing is setting it up so they can go in any direction they want and are not limited to “traditional fairy tales”

Comment by Robert Fertig – October 24, 2012 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think OUAT applies as a children series. I mean Rumpelstiltskin and Regina are evil, we see hearts being tore out of chests, Killian Jones got his hand cut out, it’s not family friendly.

Comment by jenn – October 24, 2012 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s not a children’s series, but it features children’s story. And while the true versions of most fairy tales are not really for kids, they are typically read to children (in their “cleaned-up” form.)

Comment by Ariel – October 24, 2012 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • children’s stories*

Comment by Ariel – October 24, 2012 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Fairy Tales are not children’s stories. They only became them once Disney re-wrote them that way. The majority of them are horrors. Snow’s tale’s true ending goes like this; “As punishment for her wicked ways, a pair of heated iron shoes are brought forth with tongs and placed before the Queen. She is then forced to step into the iron shoes and to dance until she drops dead.” Not very child friendly, eh.

Comment by LoaJayne – October 27, 2012 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • None of these stories are for kids as it seems they have actually stayed closer to the original tales than the Disney versions which surprises me. We’ve had people pulling hearts out, killing their parents, cutting off hands, murdering each other, a girl turning into a wolf and eating her boyfriend. This show never was for children.

Comment by bigby_wolf – October 24, 2012 02:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Not to mention the wraith. When I was a kid I would have been certain it now lived in my closet. Definitely the thing of nightmares. :)

Comment by Kim R – October 24, 2012 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I know! I loved the wraith, but as a kid I would have been freaked out. Heck the video for Thriller scared the bejesus out of me!

Comment by Kandice Sedlacek – October 24, 2012 08:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • They’ve stayed really, really close to the original stories, right down to costuming.

Comment by xav – October 25, 2012 06:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I mean to the original Disney movies, and far away from the actual original fairytales which are much more gruesome.

Comment by xav – October 25, 2012 06:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I second every response above. If you’re still stuck on fairy tales, you may be glad to know the writers plan on introducing the little mermaid. Of course, in the original version the witch doesn’t just steal her voice, she cuts off her tongue and when the mermaid doesn’t get the prince, she throws herself into the ocean to die. Bottom line: like the story line, don’t like the story line, I don’t care. It’s up to you. But judge the story on its merits not on whether or not it fits into your perceived “vision” of the show. This is clearly not the same as that of the writers and creators nor what I have been watching from the past year.

Comment by Elphaba – October 24, 2012 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • THANK YOU! The Grimm fairytales were very scary and didn’t all have a happy ending. And in Perrautl’s Sleeping Beauty, she is impregnated while she’s asleep. Not child like material at all.

Comment by jenn – October 24, 2012 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Emma! I’ve missed you. I’m looking forward to the whole episode but more so for the Emma/Hook/Snow part.

Comment by Teresa – October 24, 2012 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I so don’t care about Whale. I want more of Emma and kick ass Snow. I love that her super power is aparently working again. She’ll need it. Although apparently Cora is immune.

Comment by Lauren Kirsch – October 24, 2012 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m with you, I’d like to switch this Dr. Whale episode for the next one about Emma’s baby daddy.

Comment by Kandice Sedlacek – October 24, 2012 08:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It isn’t only Cora. Emma’s “superpower’ has failed her on numerous occasions by now. I’m not buying it’s a real power.

Comment by Ledbetter – October 25, 2012 05:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • My developing theory is that Emma’s “super power” completely failed her in Storybrooke last season because she kept denying the reality of the situation even though there was increasing evidence that Henry was telling the truth. The one truth that she couldn’t accept, Henry was right, made her unable to discern truth from lies in everyone else because she was too deep in denial. I’m guessing it’s more of a skill than an actual super power but I could be wrong because she is from fairytale land and it could could be full blown magic gift. We shall see.

Comment by Lauren Kirsch – October 25, 2012 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • As much as I’d like that to be the case, because it makes sense and would perfectly tie her story together, I don’t think it will happen…if the curse breaking made her able to spot a liar again, she would have realized two weeks ago that Lancelot was actually Cora.

Comment by Jen – October 25, 2012 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Perhaps Cora’s magic is just too strong for her to be able to penetrate it or she could have had suspicions that she didn’t voice because they were “crazy”. She seems to be holding on to her reality very hard and that is making fairy tale land a very stressful place for her.

Comment by Lauren Kirsch – October 25, 2012 11:46 AM PDT
        • Even from the Pilot, though, the whole reason that Emma decided to stay was that when she asked Regina if she loved Henry, she said “yes” and Emma thought she was lying. Let’s just be real here and admit that Emma has been able to catch a liar less than 50% of the time.

Comment by lara – October 25, 2012 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL Superpower. I think you mean ‘she’s gotten fooled so many times she starts acting like a person and is suspicious’.

Comment by xav – October 25, 2012 06:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think it was really a superpower but more she was just good at telling if people lied. There was nothing to lose or get back. She just started being around people who are extremely skilled at lying. Much more than your regular person skipping bail.

Comment by Robert Fertig – October 25, 2012 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well lets not forget all the people Regina has killed. She is kind of a monster too. Maybe she will get white streaks in her hair and become the Bride of Frankenstein.

Comment by Gail – October 24, 2012 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was looking at halloween costumes today and saw Bride of Frankenstein and thought Regina could use this.

Comment by Kandice Sedlacek – October 24, 2012 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hook story line. That guy is HOT.

Comment by Elizabeth – October 24, 2012 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He and the actress that plays Aurora were also love interests, briefly, on the Tudors – Princess Mary and Phillip.. Although, it seems they are making Aurora into she-who-is-too-stupid-to-live, which is a shame, because the actress is actually really good.

Comment by Alice – October 24, 2012 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cant wait for the ep and please do not hook Emma up with a guy who wants a child dead! She should be with a decent guy not a villian like Hook

Comment by Josh – October 24, 2012 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Just because he’s hardcore in the beginning doesn’t mean he can’t change. Rumple’s sinister but even he has a soft spot for Belle and his son. Hook can be a bad boy with a heart of gold type. He doesn’t have to be a pure dirtbag.

Comment by Lena120 – October 24, 2012 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • True, but if this Hook also tried kill Peter and kidnapped Wendy and all of that, redemption or not, especially if you have a kid, would you want to date a guy like that, however “reformed” he claimed to be? Or even was? Especially if you had Emma’s trackrecord? And DUDE, he’s buddies with Cora!

Answer me this, PLEASE! Why do so many people want Emma to hook up with bad (or just messed up) boys? Jefferson was unhinged and kidnapped and drugged her. August abandoned her as a baby AND used Henry to manipulate her to save his wooden backside after years of tooling around to exotic places while she went to PRISON! Emma has enough problems straightening her life out with her screwed up family situation, what I assume was a messed up situation with the Baby Daddy, and then getting sappy over a guy who had SEX with her STEP-GRANDMOTHER (has she thought about that yet?) who then killed him, yet shippers keep trying to “hook” her up with guys just because the actors are hot even if the characters are DBs or the character dynamic is like kissing cousins or otherwise just weird.

Everyone is entitled their opinion, and sure Emma in her ingénue-to-magic role won’t make the best choices, and Hook MIGHT be a lesson in that, but she’s supposed to be growing as a person after her 10 years of arrested development and the audience who has more knowledge should be more discerning for long-term TRUE LOVE romance, don’t you think? It saddens me that some so-called romantics are so eager to see the character get into bed with each new hot piece of male a$$ when that isn’t what Emma’s theme is about. She can’t hack emotional realtionships and has been having one-night-stands for years. That girl needs to get her emotional, parental, and magical sh*t together before falling into bed with anyone. Just say’n.

Comment by ej – October 25, 2012 12:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • PREACH!

Comment by Lauren Kirsch – October 25, 2012 12:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Word. I’m growing tired of everyone always wanting to hook the female leads (especially Emma, some times Regina, and very seldomly Snow because Snowing is so canon) up with every ‘hot’ new male character.
          Gotta say though: Growing real tired of the step-grandmother thing too. As if that really matters to anyone. Regina was Snow’s stepmother for a few years until she killed King Leopold. After that there was no relation between their families anymore. That was long before Emma was born. She has never experienced Regina as part of her family and she never will. So why should she bother herself with something that is of no relevance to anyone anymore.

Comment by Ledbetter – October 25, 2012 05:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Agree. Any respect she would have had for her “step-grandmother” would have went out the door when the step-grandmother MURDERED HER ACTUAL GRANDFATHER. This isn’t like the golden “girlfriends can’t sleep with the same guy” rule. Emma and Regina are not friends or relatives. The only thing that unites them is Henry.

Comment by Jen – October 25, 2012 11:29 AM PDT
        • Personally, I’m not going to be too hard on August leaving her behind as a baby – remember, he was just a little boy, himself. It was wrong of his father to demand so much of him. However, I do agree that his behavior after his arrival in Storybrooke left something to be desired.

And I *definitely* agree that she needs to get her own life in order before falling in bed with anyone – especially if they happen to be one of the (rather seriously messed up!) residents of Fairytale Land and/or Storybrooke.

Comment by Dreamrose – October 25, 2012 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • But, considering this is OUAT, I’m sure that there is more to the store than Hook just killing Peter Pan and kidnapping Wendy. I’m sure that a full fledged series regular is going to be a gray character, and not completely evil. Also, and I know that this is a cop-out to many, but in the real world, yes, I would want Emma to be with a decent guy. On a TV show that I watch for ENTERTAINMENT, I want her to hook up with the hot, bad guy she has an insane amount of chemistry with. That’s also not the only reason. I’m pretty sure Henry’s father is going to be Peter Pan, and it would make a really interesting love triangle.

Comment by lara – October 25, 2012 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • And every time we bring up Henry’s father, I want to know if Henry is magical. We know Emma is. Snow and Charming are from FTL. So what gifts does he possess that we don’t know about?

Comment by GingerSnap – October 25, 2012 07:17 PM PDT
  • I am actually liking this season of OUAT. Last year I only watched about 3-4 eps and I got tired of it. Seems like the story is better now.

Comment by NBC – October 24, 2012 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I understand that it doesn’t ONLY have to be fairy tales in OUAT. It’s just… Why was Frankenstein living in the Enchanted Forest? Same goes to all the other non-fairy tale characters. I don’t really understand the concept of the two lands…

Comment by Babybop – October 24, 2012 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maybe Dr. Whale wasn’t living in the enchanted forest. There are other worlds, and maybe Jefferson and Regina brought Dr. Whale to the enchanted forest to fix Daniel. Dr. Whale did say that David/Prince Charming wasn’t his prince, and he doesn’t even seem to know who Charming’s wife is (only his Storybrooke wife). So he probably isn’t familiar with all the going on’s in the enchanted forest.

Comment by Danielle – October 24, 2012 05:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There’s another clip from this episode floating around where Whale speaks to David. He says something like, ” I heard you’re trying to find a portal to YOUR other world.” He didn’t say ours. I wondered if that was a sign that he wasn’t from there?

Comment by Lena120 – October 24, 2012 05:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Whale also made a point of saying to David in season premiere “you’re not my prince”. I remember thinking Whale sounded kind of disgusted with David when he said it. I had the impression there was a deeper meaning behind it.

Comment by Jennifer – October 24, 2012 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Even Regina admitted to David that she did not know which ‘realm’ Snow and Emma fell into, admitting there are more than one. This leads the possibility of moving into Sci-fi genres for the show as well, as Multiverse is a real theory and used widely on that side of the house. OUAT can go any direction they want. Very clever.

Comment by LoaJayne – October 27, 2012 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmm…this show seems to be spinning off into too many new directions and new characters this season. I miss the original cast’s stories and updates.

Comment by tvfan – October 24, 2012 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have a feeling the Emma/Hook dynamic could have played a role in Colin being promoted to series regular for the back nine. I approve.

Comment by Anna – October 24, 2012 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not enjoying the third way of storytelling besides snow&emma being there I have no interest in the people in present day fairytale land. storybrooke is more exciting. hook was a let down so not a great villain or good guy. just blah.

Comment by Kelly – October 24, 2012 06:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Me thinks the good Doctor won’t be surviving the episode. I’m kind of excited about this twist with Dr. Whale. I can see why people are upset though. I say give it a chance and see how it plays out.

Comment by Kandice Sedlacek – October 24, 2012 08:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show finally has a hot guy on it again (after ripping the heart out of the last one a while ago). I always did love me a pirate. Looks like I’ve got a show to catch up on.

Comment by Samantha – October 24, 2012 09:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FINALLY more Regina. I missed her in the last two eps. I’m psyched to see her storyline, both in the present and in the past (really looking forward to her flashbacks w/Rumple too). I’ll reserve judgment on the whole monster!Daniel and Frankenstein bit until I see it.

Comment by Frivolouswhim – October 24, 2012 09:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My only point of criticism is that it looks like present day fairytale land does not fit the theme and atmosphere of the Storybrooke and past fairytale land story in this episode at all. I’ll wait to see how it plays out it. But this is one reason why I’m not too crazy about the present day fairytale land arc. I hope they go back to past fairytale land and Storybrooke only again.

Comment by GH – October 25, 2012 02:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All of a sudden Emma can spot a liar again…happy day for her.

Comment by Kelly – October 25, 2012 05:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m okay with Whale and the Frankenstein twist. We are six days away from Halloween and if OUAT is gonna do a Halloween episode, now is the time to air it.

Comment by GingerSnap – October 25, 2012 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Emma’s lie detector skills coming back hehe

Comment by BelleRumpleFan – October 26, 2012 04:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so Dr. Whale is Dr. Frankenstein! Can’t wait to see this!!

Comment by Livia – October 27, 2012 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m hoping for the Wizard of Oz instead.

Comment by Templar – October 28, 2012 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just want to chime in and say that Dr. Whale aka Frankenstein is obviously named after James Whale, the director who directed the famous 1931 film version of “Frankenstein” with Boris Karloff. It was a very good rouse the writers had, making us think for a long time that he was associated with Pinocchio. As for the storyline itself, not sure how I felt about it, except for the fact that it was a good dramatic tool to change Regina’s heart.

Comment by Kayla – October 28, 2012 10:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The while point in having ghost zombies and Frankenstein is because they were making it into a Halloween themed episode and that’s practically like one of the best Halloween stories :)

Comment by Ivy – October 29, 2012 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post