What to Watch Monday: The Alphas and Switched Finales, a Red John-athon and One Last Debate

On TV this Monday: Alphas and Switched at Birth close out their seasons, TNT catches you up on The Mentalist‘s hunt for Red John, RuPaul’s All Stars Drag Race saves the queens and the presidential candidates meet for their final debate. All told, here are nine programs to keep on your radar.

Noon-11 pm The Mentalist: The Hunt for Red John (TNT) | The cabler’s Mentalist marathon focuses on Jane’s nemesis: the elusive serial killer who offed his wife and daughter. The day-long run begins with the CBS series’ pilot and ends with the Season 4 finale “The Crimson Hat.”

RELATED | Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on The Mentalist,Revolution, True Blood and More!

8 pm Alphas (Syfy) | Season 2 finale: Doctor Rosen is injured and out of his mind with grief, but it doesn’t stop him from seeking a final confrontation with Stanton Parish, who’s out to stage the definitive “flash” mob. An “interesting” interpretation of NYC’s famed Grand Central station guest-stars. (No word yet on a Season 3 renewal.)

8 pm Switched at Birth (ABC Family) | Season 1 (no really, it’s still just Season 1) finale: The trial concludes, Bay and Zarra take off in secret and Daphne’s relationship with Jeff is exposed. (Watch a sneak preview of the already renewed drama.)

8 pm Dancing With the Stars: All-Stars (ABC) | The remaining contestants explore the theme of guilty pleasures. (Whoa. Meta.)

8 pm The Voice (NBC) | The Battle Rounds continue. (Missed last week? Catch up with Michael Slezak’s recap.)

8 pm 90210 (The CW) | Naomi poses as a wealthy investor and lures Alec to her yacht, where he kisses her. Also, the girls throw Silver a baby-to-be shower — aka an irresponsible day full of all the stuff she won’t be able to do (such as drink and see her feet) once pregnant.

RELATED | Save the Dates: 65 October Premieres, Finales and Specials!

9 pm Presidential Debate (All major networks) | President Barack Obama and former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney engage in their final debate, which will focus on foreign policy. Face the Nation‘s Bob Schieffer moderates the event, held at Florida’s Lynn University.

9 pm Gossip Girl (The CW) | Chuck gets closer to finding out what Bart’s hiding, Dan’s first published serialized article causes a fervor and Blair and Serena make nice in order to make Sage happy. Fashionista Alexa Chung guest-stars.

RELATED | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop on 47 Shows!

10 pm RuPaul’s All Stars Drag Race (Logo) | Premiere: Queens from past seasons of RuPaul’s Drag Race – including Nina Flowers, Jujubee and Tammie Brown – return for some wig-to-wig competition.

Comments (29)

• Even though we don’t get Castle this week, I’m actually kind of glad that the debates are going on. I don’t have to wait until the end of the week to watch the Switched finale :)

Comment by Sarah Elizabeth Ann (@myownlittlecrnr) – October 22, 2012 06:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 90210 for me once again. As for GG, I’ll take it into consideration, but Dan is the only reason to tune into these days.

Comment by Jarrod Mitchell – October 22, 2012 07:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Psyched for the ALPHAS finale. This season has been really strong… but unfortunately, the ratings haven’t matched it. I give it a 50/50 shot at renewal.

Comment by Rangefinder – October 22, 2012 07:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Switched at Birth,90210,Gossip Girl

Comment by Brandy – October 22, 2012 07:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So ready to hear some renewal news on Alphas – it’s a quality show for any network, but especially for SyFy. Please, Powers That Be, get on board!!

Comment by heather_kaye – October 22, 2012 07:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree 100%!! Love Alphas and hope SyFy decides to renew it for another season.

Comment by carolinagirl – October 22, 2012 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Best syfy series since BG. Fingers crossed for renewal

Comment by PG – October 24, 2012 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Castle, no Bones. I guess I’ll just go to bed early. :|

Comment by loretta – October 22, 2012 07:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can finally catch up on all the TV shows on my DVR tonight.

Comment by amandareynolds – October 22, 2012 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ll also get to make some room on my dvr for more to record later. or even just to enjoy those shows i’ve recorded…. or maybe–like Loretta–get some early shut-eye for a change.

Comment by Jan – October 22, 2012 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh come on debates!! Why do you have to be on the night that my favorite new show is on!!
    No Revolution for me then. Just Alphas.

Comment by John – October 22, 2012 07:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Alphas for me and Netflix. Missing my Castle, Bones, and Revolution. I sure hope they renew Alphas, one of my favorites.

Comment by Ponkle – October 22, 2012 08:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CATCH UP NIGHT

Comment by Car – October 22, 2012 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 90210!!

Comment by sammy – October 22, 2012 08:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 90210 tonight for me.

Comment by Jared – October 22, 2012 08:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Alphas for me. And I have to catch up on Revenge and Fringe.

Comment by jonie – October 22, 2012 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate the debates…..I wish more of these shows were Canadian created.We have few debates and never have to avoid sporting events.

Comment by Shaun – October 22, 2012 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m going to play Xbox tonight because Castle and Revolution are not on.

Comment by Abi – October 22, 2012 09:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Here’s a question I have:
    Since game 7 of the NLCS is going to be played tonight, is FOX going to air the 3rd debate tonight & thus shift the game to a cable network (FSN) or are they going to air the game on the main network & forgo the debate?
    Either way, I’m watching game 7 because I am Canadian & have satellite t.v ;)

Comment by Canadian-JBS – October 22, 2012 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Fox will be airing the game in full because of their contract w/ MLB they have to air the game I guess they were not expecting it to go into 7 games and they wont switch the night of the game so it keeps on track with when the world series starts.

Comment by Girl in MD – October 22, 2012 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • no castle or revolution?!?! that sucks.

Comment by leah – October 22, 2012 09:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Another week without Bones, another week without TV

Comment by madbengalsfan85 – October 22, 2012 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Renew Alphas a smarts show great plotlines and a show that requires some use of your critical thinking skills. Or do wjust watch shows where people can put their glasses, teeth and brains on a night stand and watch tv

Comment by spprtscollectables505 – October 22, 2012 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Bones, no Revolution.. what to do with my Monday??

Comment by jules – October 22, 2012 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Alphas and WWE Raw

Comment by William – October 22, 2012 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Switched at Birth.

Comment by nick1372 – October 22, 2012 03:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you for the RuPaul love!

Comment by Winnie – October 22, 2012 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Switched at Birth and dwts or the must see shows for me. Fortunately, they both come on before the Debate. Watch one and record the other.

Comment by Bernadette Foster – October 22, 2012 07:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • An unappealing smile can send your self-confidence plummeting down six
    feet beneath and could even cause social awkwardness. Above all,
    by replicating natural teeth, the mouth does not cave in, thus your mouth looks and feels
    completely natural. Cosmetic dentistry in Brisbane, Australia includes instant orthodontics, such as tooth whitening
    and composite veneers.

Comment by tandhygienist stockholm – December 17, 2013 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post