What to Watch Friday: Nikita Is Back, Melissa George Is Hunted, Boss Clocks Out and More

On TV this Friday: Nikita stealthily slips back for another season, it’s a very Green Day on CSI: NY, Melissa George is the Hunted in Cinemax’s new series and Boss‘ season comes to an end. Here are nine programs to look out for tonight.

8 pm Make Your Mark: Shake It Up Dance-Off 2012 (Disney) | Justin Bieber surprises the six finalists in this competition, the winner of which will shake his or her groove thang on the network’s Shake It Up.

8 pm Shark Tank (ABC) | The San Francisco 49ers’ Brandon Jacobs helps a woman hawk her energy drink, and the money mavens decide whether or not to back a lobster-roll food truck.

VIDEO | Exclusive Grimm First Look: Renard Seeks Relief

9 pm Nikita (The CW) | Season 3 premiere: Ryan’s in charge of Division, and Nikita’s right there with him. Her and Michael’s first mission? Bring in the Dirty Thirty. Along the way, expect a couple of enormously romantic moments — one involving a Glock. (Take a look at photos from tonight’s episode.)

9 pm Boss (Starz) | Season finale: Miller publishes a story that could destroy Kane, who’s threatened by Kitty’s alliance with Doyle. As the mayor goes to any lengths to stay on top, Meredith forms a new relationship. (No word yet on a Season 3.)

9 pm CSI: NY (CBS) | Lindsay is injured during the attempted murder of a political candidate (guest star Neal McDonough), in an episode that used the music of Green Day to narrate dialogue-free sequences. Also, prepare to meet a slightly older Lucy Messer (now played by General Hospital‘s Brooklyn Silzer).

RELATED | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop on 47 Shows!

10 pm Hunted (Cinemax) | Series premiere: Melissa George (Grey’s Anatomy) plays a spy in danger in this new drama from Frank Spotnitz (The X-Files). When George’s Sam survives a hit on her life, she returns to the elite private intelligence firm where she works but suspects that members of her own team were behind the attempted assassination. Stephen Dillane (Game of Thrones) and Adam Raymer (Hawthorne) co-star. (The premiere airs again at 11 pm.)

10 pm Blue Bloods (CBS) | Danny and Jackie are assigned to protect a Central American president believed to be a target for assassination; Jamie questions Vinny’s methods while performing an unjustified stop.

10 pm Haven (Syfy) | A hauntingly beautiful woman is a beast when it comes to cruel and unusual punishment.

Comments (46)

• Nikita is back. That’s all I need to hear.

Comment by Annemieke – October 19, 2012 04:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My Friday nights are complete once again. Bring on Nikita!

Comment by Jarrod – October 19, 2012 04:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will be on twitter watching the sketch the cast of Community have prepared to promote the show and then I will follow the #Darkest401 hashtag and pretend I’m watching the premiere episode “History 101″. Go Human Beings !

Comment by anik (@11starthestral) – October 19, 2012 04:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why do the only shows I watch on Friday have to be on at the same time? Nikita & Grimm.

Comment by Renee – October 19, 2012 04:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Going to try Hunted.

Comment by Jenna – October 19, 2012 04:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fringe and Haven….As always. Maybe Hunted, but i can’t stand Melissa George, not since she broke up Sydney and Vaughn :’(

Comment by Mel – October 19, 2012 05:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I always think about Sydney and Vaughn when I see her!!

Comment by Andrea – October 19, 2012 06:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hate to break it to you, but Fringe is pre-empted fro MLB

Comment by portiaslegacy – October 19, 2012 07:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Fringe this week. Sadness.
    As least I still have CSINY. May check out Hunted as well.

Comment by Platy D (@platys5startome) – October 19, 2012 05:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita of course been waiting dor a long time

Comment by Mh – October 19, 2012 05:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita! Cannot wait.

Comment by Shannon – October 19, 2012 05:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • nikitaaaaaaa

Comment by Carla – October 19, 2012 05:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nobody ever talks about Boss and I expect it will be canceled, but that last episode was awesome.

Comment by qwer987 – October 19, 2012 06:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love this show. Hate the fact that it doesn’t get the respect it deserves. The level of acting on is unsurpassed. Kelsey is amazing. He may not be my favorite human being but he’s definetly one of the best in the biz.

Comment by Eve – October 19, 2012 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • None of the above (unless you count the link to the teaser). It is a Grimm night!

Comment by Shannon – October 19, 2012 06:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Fringe!!!! Dammit!
    Will watch Hunted.

Comment by GK – October 19, 2012 07:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • New Nikita, and I’ll finally get around to watching last week’s Fringe

Comment by portiaslegacy – October 19, 2012 07:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Degrassi!!!!

Comment by Britt – October 19, 2012 07:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NIKITA!!!!!!!! IS BACK!!!!!!!! Hell YES

Comment by Nikita On Cw – October 19, 2012 07:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Boss is the most compelling television show, it draws you in to see how corrupt politians are and will go to any length to stay on top. The acting is superb; Kelsey Grammer leads the pack but all of the actors are joyous to watch. This show should have been on HBO to receive the audience it deserves. I am hoping for Season 3.

Comment by Cyndee – October 19, 2012 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I really enjoy Boss. I wish I would be on HBO or Showtime. I would love a Season 3. Truly don’t think it will happen.

I will watch Boss and Haven. No Fringe tonight.

Comment by Tori Melching (@lizjaxe) – October 19, 2012 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Boss is top notch Tv. Season 3 pleeez pleeez pleeeze.

Comment by amelia – October 19, 2012 01:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita
    Blue Bloods
    Hunted

Comment by Balaji K – October 19, 2012 08:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hello? What about Grimm? You must no t like that show. I personally LOVE IT!!!

Comment by tbeck5 – October 19, 2012 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m actually glad Fringe isn’t on this week, so I don’t have to decide between it, Nikita, and Grimm. Next week will be a problem though. I’ll probably have to skip Grimm.

Comment by Mikael – October 19, 2012 09:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Blue Bloods is great this season! I love the Reagans and I hope they give Erin a love life finally. Tom Selleck is still gorgeous after all these years. Love my Friday night must see!

Comment by GS – October 19, 2012 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • what would a Friday be without “Real Time With Bill Maher?”

Comment by stan lear – October 19, 2012 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita, CSI: NY, and Hunted.

Comment by G – October 19, 2012 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I mite turn in to see the new Lucy on csi ny. I watch that actress on general hospital. I feel that she is a scene stealer when she is on. Maybe she have more lines. Lucy was born the end of season 5 and should only really be 2 . However on GH she is like 5. So probably going to age Lucy to about 5.

Comment by Nicole – October 19, 2012 10:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lucy was born in 2009 so she is at least 3 years old by now.

Comment by King – October 19, 2012 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CSI: NY and Hunted. I’m gonna miss Strike Back. I’m glad it’s coming back next year.

Comment by King – October 19, 2012 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • finally nikita has come back to friday nights. (read that in the rocks voice if you want)
    ive really missed my dose of kick ass women beating the tar out of people.
    i was looking forward to the return of community as well but i guess nbc dont want to air the best comedy on tv

Comment by Alan – October 19, 2012 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • csi ny and blue bloods will be taped

Comment by wendy kalthoff – October 19, 2012 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Tape Shark Tank….Blue Bloods live.

Comment by Jenn – October 19, 2012 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HELLO!! How could you FORGET season opener for
    COMMUNITY!!!:(

Comment by Norkir – October 19, 2012 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They took it off the schedule. They’ll probably replace UAN with it soon :S

Comment by kavyn – October 19, 2012 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita is back! I love this series. And if you like ‘Nikita’ check out ‘Hunted’ and if you like ‘Hunted’ check out ‘Nikita’

Comment by Dan – October 19, 2012 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Will do, thanks for the heads up!

Comment by kavyn – October 19, 2012 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does anyone know what happended to Made in Jersey?

Comment by Tavia – October 19, 2012 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It was cancelled after the second episode

Comment by Annemieke – October 19, 2012 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Too bad, I really enjoyed it.

Comment by Tavia – October 19, 2012 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’ll just be Nikita and I, alone, tonight. :)

Comment by kavyn – October 19, 2012 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nikita please be good season 3 we need good ratings so that it can get to its 4th season and a possible syndication deal :D

Comment by JC – October 19, 2012 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post