TVLine Items: A First Look at Syfy's Defiance, Bachelorette Wedding Date and More!
Syfy has finally opened the doors to Defiance, and we have your first look at the upcoming series (to bow in April 2013) starring Grant Bowler and Julie Benz.
Set in a dystopian future, the drama centers on humans and aliens attempting to coexist on a war-ravaged Earth that has been transformed by terra-forming machines. Jaime Murray (Ringer), Fionnula Flanagan (Lost) and Mia Kirshner (The Vampire Diaries) also co-star.
Press PLAY below to watch the teaser, and then hit the comments with your thoughts on the latest Syfy saga.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• This December, ABC will broadcast The Bachelorette: Ashley and J.P.’s Wedding, aka the culmination of the couple’s engagement at the end of the summer 2011 edition of The Bachelorette.
• Supernatural alumna Samantha Ferris will guest-star on The CW’s freshman drama Emily Owens, M.D., TVLine has confirmed. She’ll play hospital lawyer Marian Erlando.
• A couple of crazies are headed back to 90210 for the CW soap’s milestone 100th episode. Per HollywoodLife.com, Abbie Cobb and Zachary Ray Sherman will reprise their roles as kooky Emily and troublesome Jasper, respectively, in the landmark installment, airing in November.
• While still officially unconfirmed, TMZ is reporting that Barbara Walters has landed a sitdown interview with ever-embattled starlet Lindsay Lohan. The chat will be timed to the November release of her Lifetime movie Liz & Dick and will focus on “the parallels between the lives of Lindsay and Liz Taylor.”
• Denise Richards has joined the cast of Socio, ABC Family’s Dexter-eqsue drama pilot about an alleged teenage sociopath (played by Avan Jogia). Richards will play the mother of the lead character.
• As announced at the New York Comic-Con, Adult Swim has ordered a seventh season of Robot Chicken, to premiere in 2013. (Season 6 currently airs Sundays at midnight.)
• Shahs of Sunset‘s second season will debut Sunday, Dec. 2 on Bravo.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?