What to Watch Tuesday: A Normal Wedding, a Horrible Sing-Along and a Pivotal Parenthood

On TV this Tuesday: The New Normal says yes to the (tiny) dress, Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog tunes up for its TV debut, a Breaking Bad guy takes a chance on Vegas and Parenthood cues up a guaranteed weeper. Here are 10 programs to look for tonight.

PREVIEWBen and Kate‘s Nat Faxon on More Maddie Fun, Love for His Man-Child and a Geoff Stults Treat

8 pm NCIS (CBS) | Bored while on medical leave, Ducky digs up an old friend — meaning, he orders the exhumation of a Navy commander’s body from a case closed 12 years ago.

8 pm Hart of Dixie (The CW) | Zoe’s internal vow to stay away from Wade takes a hit when she must ask him to convince his old bandmate to play BlueBellapalooza.

8 pm Iconoclasts (Sundance) | Season 6 premiere: James Franco (127 Hours) and artist Marina Abramovic talk about acting, fame and conceptual art – I wonder if General Hospital comes up? – in the avant garde interview series’ season opener.

8 pm Raising Hope (Fox) | In the first half of a two-part episode, a social worker suspecting that the Chances are guilty of elder abuse threatens to take Maw Maw away from them.

RELATED | Save the Dates: More than 65 October Premieres, Finales and Specials!

9 pm Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog (The CW) | Joss Whedon’s 5-year-old cult web hit – about a shy guy plotting world domination — makes its television debut. (Prepare for the Horrible event with TVLine’s helpful guide to who’s who.)

9 pm New Girl (Fox) | Jess and Schmidt are determined to befriend the group of young twentysomethings that moves in across the hall. On a perhaps related note, Nick comes up with a series of pranks designed to make Schmidt feel old.

9:30 pm The New Normal (NBC) | David Tutera’s got nothing on Bryan, who goes above and beyond the realm of sanity to prep Shania for a pretend wedding to her school chum.

VIDEO | Private Practice Preview: Will Cooper Get Kissed… or Dissed?

10 pm Sons of Anarchy (FX) | Surprise, surprise! (Translation: There’s a surprise tonight.)

10 pm Vegas (CBS) | Jonathan Banks (Breaking Bad) makes his first appearance as a Chicago gangster spending time in Sin City, and Mia’s father’s visit to the Savoy causes trouble for both Savino and Lamb.

10 pm Parenthood (NBC) | Get the Kleenex ready: Tonight, Kristina shares the news of her illness with the rest of the Bravermans.

Comments (38)

• Sons of anarchy
    Vegas
    Raising Hope
    New Girl
    Mindy project
    Ben & Kate

Comment by Balaji K – October 9, 2012 05:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Saw Parenthood already as it airs Monday in Canada. The scene were the family finds out that Kristina has breast cancer was …….. uh maybe I should not say anything. The episode is a tear jerker though

Comment by soapfan – October 9, 2012 05:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I watched last night as well. What a great show. That last scene was beyond well done.

Comment by Kim R – October 9, 2012 06:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think this week’s episode is the best one that they have ever done! There was so much happening and all of it was just amazing! It’s great to see this show continuing its high level of quality and I’m grateful that NBC has stuck with it!

Comment by TV Gord – October 9, 2012 08:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Enjoyed seeing Haddie again and I’m glad that Kristina’s cancer is out in the open now. ;)

Comment by robinepowell – October 9, 2012 08:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Seriously?! I live in Canada and I’ve been waiting until Tuesdays!? How have I not known this.. lmao. I see that it’s online now, since having aired yesterday.. wow. I did not know this. Thankyou for leaving this comment!

Comment by Courtney – October 9, 2012 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay, Dr. Horrible! (Is it wrong that I am more happy to see that this is coming on than anything else airing tonight?)

Comment by Amy – October 9, 2012 05:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog
    Go On
    The Mindy Project
    Vegas (One more chance since I actually didn’t get bored in the second episode)

Comment by GK – October 9, 2012 05:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Haven’t watched Dr. Horrible in awhile! Excited to see it on tv.

Comment by Andrea – October 9, 2012 06:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Private Practice ALL the way to the end!

Comment by Jarrod Mitchell – October 9, 2012 06:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s CBS for me tonight, but I will DVR Dr. Horrible.

Comment by Renee – October 9, 2012 07:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hart of Dixie, Private Practice, & Parenthood. Im still waiting for Emily Owens, & I’m not going watch it online, I rather support it in live ratings when it airs.

Comment by fernando rodriguez (@Fernanaberry) – October 9, 2012 07:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hart of Dixie

Comment by Brandy – October 9, 2012 07:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NCIS
    Dr Horrible

Comment by Maria – October 9, 2012 07:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hart of Dixie, New Girl & The New Normal.

Comment by qeee – October 9, 2012 07:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just Hart of Dixie for me. Will also catch up with The Good Wife. :)

Comment by M – October 9, 2012 08:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Mindy Project, New Girl and the New Normal!

Comment by Aria Calliope – October 9, 2012 08:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hart of Dixie!!!!

Comment by Alice – October 9, 2012 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hahaha that Raising Hope description actually made me LOL. take maw maw away?? HA!!

Comment by cjeffery7 – October 9, 2012 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely NCIS and NCIS: Los Angeles for me. :)

Comment by Marla (@zoyaroses) – October 9, 2012 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So much TV tonight – perfect for this yucky weather we are having in NYC. The Voice, Hart of Dixie, New Girl, New Normal, Parenthood, Private Practice….its no wonder I don’t get enough sleep.

Comment by Carrie – October 9, 2012 09:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tuesday is a great night for TV. I’m glad there is TiVo soo much to watch.
    NCIS
    NCIS LA
    Go On
    Dr. Horrible! I remember that from awhile ago when it first came out.
    New Girl

Comment by Nicole – October 9, 2012 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Private Practice and Parenthood. Tissues on standby.

Comment by Linderella – October 9, 2012 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Parenthood? not really a fan anymore. I don’t know if it’s the director, or just plain bad acting but why do most all the adult characters seem to have the same mannerisms, pauses, and robotic reactions? The baseball game at the end of the last episode was so bugus. My son played fron 5 years old to high school and everyone knows you don’t question the coach. Cool that Max got a hit but a home run? seriously? I prefer a little more reality even in “feel good” scenes. It was the kid’s second game! Maybe I’m just jaded.

Comment by sammy – October 15, 2012 08:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for New Girl and Parenthood. Though if Sarah and Hank end up really getting together on Parenthood after all we’ve been through and invested in with Sarah and Mark I’m gonna start yelling at my TV :)

Comment by Kat – October 9, 2012 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • well too late, it seemed like hank is getting too close

I would rather Sarah & Mark stay together too, they need to be at least one or two people for me who I can fast forward their scenes to same some time. see we both win.

Comment by colt – October 9, 2012 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • raising hope
    ben and kate
    new girl
    private practice…. :)

Comment by L – October 9, 2012 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i dont have a tv so i watch everything online. Parenthood was on last night, no?
    either way, it was amazing. I i can make it through one episode without crying it would be a miracle.

Comment by Bradly – October 9, 2012 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hart of Dixie..The New Normal and Abbies Dance Competition .

Comment by Jared – October 9, 2012 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ben and kate, new girl, the new normal and dr. horrible. will probably catch the mindy project and raising hope on line later.

Comment by murley – October 9, 2012 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this reminds me, i need to go watch dr horrible again, its been about 3 months since my last viewing

Comment by Alan – October 9, 2012 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NCIS and NCIS: LA for me tonight.

Comment by Justin – October 9, 2012 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ben and Kate, New Girl and The Mindy Project

Comment by Spoiler Junkie – October 9, 2012 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ben & Kate, Go On and the New Normal.

Comment by nick1372 – October 9, 2012 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NCIS, NCIS Los Angeles, Parenthood

Comment by Bella – October 9, 2012 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Heart of Dixie, Mindy Project, Parenthood, Castle (last night’s dvr leftovers)

Comment by GeoDiva – October 9, 2012 07:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post