The X Factor: 15 Best Auditions of Season 2!

Brace yourselves for sobbing pretty things, so many forgotten lyrics and Simon Cowell’s raw, sneering disdain. Yes folks, The X Factor heads to Miami for Season 2 Boot Camp this Wednesday (8/7c on Fox).

In case you’re having a hard time separating the 40-plus contestants shown surviving the auditions, I’ve counted down the 15 best — with handy links to each of their tryouts.

RELATED | The X Factor Recap: Hang on Till Tomorrow, Come What May

So click through the photo gallery below, then hit the comments to tell me who I’ve egregiously snubbed, who I’ve regrettably overrated, and which rankings I got exactly right.

And for all my X Factor news, interviews, and recaps, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV!

Comments (19)

• Where is Willie Jones?

Comment by Louise – October 2, 2012 12:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Paigeee!! How did she not make your list?! She was amazing.

Comment by Kate Regier – October 2, 2012 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sister C was good but I wouldnt even put them in my top 10. Love Carly Rose and Jannell and Tate Stevens the best!

Comment by JeniLee – October 2, 2012 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sister C is exactly the kind of thing that Michael will always find one of in a season. Something that you only hear 20 seconds of, with an indy vibe, that he will love forever (especially if we don’t hear them again). He has a particular leaning in that direction. I personally would agree that we don’t have enough evidence to put them in the top 10 yet. Based on their 20 seconds I thought they could go deep, or could be too thin… its hard to tell.

Comment by ben – October 2, 2012 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WELL, I WAS GONNA FORWARD THIS, BUT DON’T SEE MY GUY IN HERE, 8-}~~

Comment by DALE SULLIVAN (@DALESULLIVAN) – October 2, 2012 12:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHERE DID WILL CHAMPLIN PLACE IN YOUR LINEUP?

Comment by DALE SULLIVAN (@DALESULLIVAN) – October 2, 2012 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You got Nick waaaaaaayyyy too down on your list. And for you to put that fake-me-out boy band in front of him is just plain ol’ wrong. But I do agree with your #1.

Comment by Vivi – October 2, 2012 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Panda, Jeffre A. and Jennel were the best by far (my opinion!)

Comment by Omar – October 2, 2012 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ummm. in my humble opinion, Trevor Stevens was absolutely one of the best auditions, however i am a big country music lover.

Comment by Colleen – October 2, 2012 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i am not a big country lover and i completely agree.

Comment by murley – October 2, 2012 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Tate not Trevor.

Comment by Chicago Guy – October 3, 2012 02:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I completely agree!! Tate Stevens has a great country voice and a personality to match!

Comment by Mary – October 4, 2012 06:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • X factor is still on? That’s adorable.

Comment by Jo – October 2, 2012 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh. thank God (or just Slezak) for this. I can’t keep track of everyone on both the X Factor and the Voice. Too many!

Comment by Tiff – October 2, 2012 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Michael, I like your list with the 3 following exceptions; Sister C, Jillian Jensen and Jeffrey Gutt. IMHO Jeffrey’s song choice carried him, I cried with Jullian, but her voice was weak and Sister C has 3 pretty faces, but I didn’t hear enough to make me a fan.

Comment by Jenjene – October 2, 2012 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Daryl Black! Jennel Garcia! And Jessie Espinoza! Love.

Comment by JudyVee – October 2, 2012 04:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • carly rose was amazing.

Comment by rebecca – October 2, 2012 04:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Still love Carly–so much voice in such a young girl. Daryl has a voice like melted chocolate–love it.

Comment by Kathy V. – October 2, 2012 05:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • carly rose is amazing.. for me she is no1 :))

Comment by Aimniel m – October 15, 2012 12:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post