Hart of Dixie Season 2: 8 Scoopy Bits Revealed!

Hart of Dixie Season 2We’ve kept you apprised of all things Hart of Dixie over the too-long hiatus, and still, on the day of its Season 2 premiere (airing at 8/7c), there’s even more scoop to share.

Here, showrunner Leila Gerstein reveals to TVLine everything you need to know that is not directly related to ‘Zade’ — or any Zoe ‘ship, for that matter — that takes place in the CW charmer’s sophomore run. That means spoilery bits on George, Lemon, Lemon and Lavon, Lavon and Zoe, Zoe and Annabeth, Annabeth and Lemon and every other Bluebell concoction you can think of.

FRESH STARTS | Look for “Versions 2.0″ of newly single exes George and Lemon during Dixie’s Season 2. “All the girls in town are going to be in love with George,” Gerstein teases with a laugh. “We are bringing on several love options for him along the way — including Zoe, obviously. And he sings again in Episode 2. So, a single side of George is very exciting.” As for Lemon, “She is single for the first time in her life and has decided to move out of her father’s house, which means that she has to get a job.” (Spoiler Alert: Don’t worry, the Rammer Jammer gives her a shot.)

RELATED | Hart of Dixie Exclusive: Episodes’ Mircea Monroe Back for Season 2 — Is ‘Zade’ in Trouble?

MEET RUBY, THE NEWBIE | “We have a big new additional character this season in Ruby, played by Golden Brooks, who is Lavon’s high school girlfriend and Lemon’s old nemesis,” Gerstein shares. “She comes in as an antagonist to both of them at first, but that will become its own [love] triangle.” Brooks’ new townie also befriends Zoe, which causes issues between the doc and her bestie/landlord. “Ruby is the girlfriend that Zoe has really been looking for in Bluebell,” explains the EP. “But in these first two episodes, Ruby is crossing with Lavon in a way that he does not like. So, Zoe is torn between them.”

Hart of Dixie Season 2BOYS’ CLUB | While Wade and George’s longtime friendship “is impacted in the first episode” by their mutual love of Zoe, “I don’t think people have to worry that they won’t be friends anymore,” Gerstein concedes. In fact, one of the things she’s most excited about this season is the bromance among George, Wade and Lavon. “The boys together are amazing, and we’ll be seeing that a lot this season.”

LOVE STORY AT LAST? | Though both single and seemingly ready to mingle early in Season 2, Lemon and Lavon won’t be delving back into their onetime romance straight away. That said, “I do feel like there is stuff left to be mined between the two of them,” muses the EP. “What we saw last year was really flashbacks; we didn’t see the beginning of a relationship with them, so I still think that there is potential… I strongly suspect that there will be a rekindling of feelings, at least on one side.”

RELATED | Hart of Dixie Exclusive: Newsroom Actress Moves to Bluebell as George’s New Crush

LEMON CURDLED | It’s no secret that of all the kooky Bluebell denizens, Lemon was the one most often in need of a reality check last year — and it seems this season will deliver one (or 10) to the town’s golden girl. Hart of Dixie Season 2“She’ll always be the same Lemon, but I do feel like she is such an underdog this season that it really reshapes how you look at her,” says Gerstein. “She’s been so beaten down by the beginning of this year… But she continues to be Lemon Breeland, and what people love about her, people will continue to love about her.” The showrunner’s favorite thing about the new (and improved?) Lemon: her romantic woes. “Seeing Lemon try to date in the modern universe is going to be very hard, but it’s funny and interesting. We’ll just be seeing her in different fun, unique settings… I’m loving her this season.”

NO MORE MAMA DRAMA | Those hoping Dixie will revisit the sad story of Lemon’s MIA mom (Meredith Monroe) this season should know that there are no plans to do so in the near (or distant) future. Explains Gerstein, “I feel like we really played a lot of that last year, and I’m not sure what more there is to be said about it for now.”

RELATED | Scoop: Hart of Dixie Goes for Gold With Olympic Gymnast McKayla Maroney

PUB POSTPONEMENT | Wade’s “bar thing is on the backburner” in Season 2, but the showrunner assures fans that “it will definitely come back up.”

FRIEND SWAP | While fans loved the brief friendship between Zoe and Annabeth in Season 1, Gerstein reveals that this year Lady A “will continue to be a big part of Lemon’s journey. She has not thus far had major crosses with Zoe, but mainly because Lemon really needs her.”

Hit the comments with your snappy judgements on Dixie‘s upcoming Season 2!

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Fall TV Preview, Interviews, Scoop

1. Katherine215 says:

Love this show! Thanks for the scoop!

2. Jason says:

I disagree with Gerstein on the subject of Lemon’s MIA mother. How is that story “played out?” Better re-think that one, because a mother abandoning her husband and two daughters is exactly the kind of drama that needs to be explored from every conceivable angle in a primetime soap. Don’t think so? Please rent “Alias” or “Revenge.”

• Evan says:

Exactly this. There is no way you can have us see that Lemon knows where her mother is, and not have her eventually tell her father and sister and have them all confront her. They need to get an explanation.

• TL says:

I agree, how can you ignore Lemon’s mother. It is just unbelievable that Lemon would ignore the near by presence of her mother.. I think the unknown of her mother is also hindering her father from truly moving on.

It’s like the unsaid elephant in the room. Plus I always enjoy the talented Meredith Monroe.

3. Elyse says:

can’t wait to watch Hart of Dixie tonight :D

4. Admittedly I’m only on ep 16 of series 1, but I find Lemon to be a 100% detestable character, even when the show tries to garner her sympathy.
    She’s the one thing I dislike about the show really.

• SAM says:

Was just about to post the same comment. I can’t stand the character and that accent is so fake to my Southern ears that I just got to the point where I fast-forwarded through a lot of her scenes.

5. AMES says:

yea!!! HOD is back…so glad they gave us a second season. I can’t wait to see a single Lemon. Hopefully they will make her more relateable and turn her character into someone who doesn’t make me cringe everytime she opens her mouth.

6. teamo says:

Loving the scoop on HOD..a truly underrated show with an exceptional cast. Can’t wait for the premiere tonight!.im so happy I caught up with this show over the summer.

7. Jared says:

If the CW ever cancels this series..which I hope it doesn’t!..this would be a great fit for ABCFAMILY.

8. leola says:

Very excited to see season 2. Such a great, guilty pleasure show. Casting is what really makes this little show sparkle.

9. mariam says:

George’s maturity and Wade’s maturity cannot be compared to each other.
    George made it out of Bluebell and his family had the money to send him to Law School.
    He was able to live outside of the town he grew up in and experience the outside world.
    Wade’s father is the town drunk and his brother left him to take care of everything that entails. He had no money growing up so he was never able to leave. He took on the responsibility of watching out for his father and taking on his dad’s problems. He never left Bluebell. He lived his whole life in a town that stood still…and everyone in that town still treats him like an inferior citizen.
    I am a Wade fan b/c he is the one that is crapped on all the time. He is not a Goldenboy and he has to work hard without the education.

10. tp says:

I really don’t like Lavon and Lemon together. Lemon irks me on so many levels. As does Wade. From the first time Wade was onscreen I disliked him. He’s mean to Zoe and the ex-wife (gf?). He’s a womanizing jerk. You don’t have to be a golden boy like George to treat people decent. I hope this Zoe and Wade business doesn’t sour me from watching the show further.

• Betty says:

I was thinking the exact same thing! I never like Wade and the only reason Zoe is considering him is because they had great sex. Plus George is gorgeous!

• uxma says:

umm zoe is an idiot … george is cuter … george is sweeter … george is smarter … he’s in love with her from the first moment (yes go back to that ep 1 and see the way he smiles at her) … he’s an amazing friend … oh and the fact that he’s richer is really just the icing on an already pretty scrumptious cake!!!

• Renee' says:

And George is a terrible actor ! Even on a bad day, and I haven’t seen wade have one yet he is Hotter than George . FYI George needs to stay away from the icing and the cake.

11. Freddie says:

I didn’t think this was coming back for 2 more weeks. You just made my day Megan!

12. MILLS says:

Iam with Wade no matter WHAT. i don’t like the way he is depictured at time, but, Iam not complaining… I think he is a great actor.

13. Ella says:

No Levon and Lemon, please. There is zero chemistry there. Lemon needs someone new who is a little wild and wacky, similar to Wade, but not Wade because he belongs with Zoe.

14. Liza says:

Zoe and George please!! Wade is so not for Zoe.

15. season says:

Zoe And WADE!! <3 <3 Lemon and Levon <3 <3 they are wonderful opposites yet so perfect together…great show. thanks CW. ;.)

16. Sjg says:

Zoe and Wade!!! There personalities compliment eachtoher so well. George is boring and doesn’t bring out the spark in Zoe. I am so glad that HOD decided to go outside the box on this one! WADE AND ZOE forever!!

17. Charlotte says:

Er jo helt vild med den serie!!
    Glæder mig så meget til anden sæson kommer
    til DK..

18. Wendy Feldmann says:

Zoe and George will probably eventually be together when the show finally wraps up. George’s character is somewhat flawed though and/or he is just very confused on what he wants. He was stringing Zoe along all season 1. Then, expects her to be around when he finally sees his own light. Whatever. Wade will eventually be with Lemon and Lavon will find his own mate and I predict outside of Bluebell. Many twists and turns but I do think that Zoe and Wade will make it a go 1st and find maybe all it not what it seems. Guess we will find out :)