Revenge Premiere Recap: Mom's the Word

In three months’ time, at least one of Revenges Amandas will be a goner.

I’m referring, of course, to the Amanda – Jack’s boat – which we saw wrecked on the ocean floor off Block Island, RI, in the first moments of this week’s episode. As for the other two women bearing that name, Emily-I-used-to-be-Amanda and Amanda-I-used-to-be-Emily-by-the-way-this-belly-is-outta-control, who knows? Because just like the shooting and flashback that kicked off last season, we got little more than a glimpse of the blown-up ship before the action rewound to the previous May.

It’s possible that someone else bought the vessel and rode it to its untimely end, but the framed photo of the Porter men and the mariner’s compass (exactly like the one Emily gave Jack last season) among the detritus make me think that the severed arm floating around the wreck belongs to someone we know.

But there’ll be plenty of time for speculation about the dead sailor later. Now, let’s focus on what happened in the Season 2 premiere, “Destiny.”

REVENGE REDUX | We reconnect with Emily as she’s tied to a post underwater, nearly drowning “unlocking memories” about her mom. On the shore nearby, NuTakeda tells a youngish guy that her fear is what’s keeping her down there. I’d put my money on the ropes around her wrists, but whatevs. Under the sea, Emily remembers that her mother was a patient in a hospital and that Em had been taken to see her there. The youngish guy (look, even though he hasn’t been officially introduced yet, we all know his name is Aiden, so I’m going to call him Aiden. Cool?) earns her ire by cutting her loose, even though it saved her life. She tells both men that her mother is alive, and “God help the people who kept me from her – and that includes you.” (Side note: Why is Emily wearing a track jacket? I assume the tie-up was some kind of test that she knew about beforehand. Was she like, “Oh, lemme just pull something longsleeved in case the water’s cold?” I do love how she tore it off before beating up Aiden, though  — as if it weren’t bad enough that the dude was being bested by a teeny blonde, he was going to get two tickets to her gun show, too.) Much later, NuTakeda gives Aiden his reluctant blessing to go after Emily and help guide her back to her true path.

NO SURPRISE AT ALL | For the upcoming bit, I shall relay to you my notes, verbatim: “Nolan! Boxing! Shirtless! Haircut!” Annnnnd, scene. I think you feel me, people. You could watch a Blu-Ray on those high-definition abs. Moving on! Emily finds her bud getting all buff and brings him back to her place in the Hamptons. (Another side note: I think my apartment has gotten dustier in the time it’s taken me to write this recap than her entire house got after months of being uninhabited.) She tells him her mom’s Indiana hospital was shut down shortly after her dad was arrested, so naturally the pair go check it out. Their findings: Em remembers that her mom was lashed to a bed in the psych ward and finds an infinity sign scratched (?) into one of the leather restraints; Nolan discovers that David Clark visited his wife just before he was arrested and a “Charlotte Clark” – Victoria, signing in as Em’s invalid aunt – also stopped by. Back at her Revengemporium, Emily watches the video of Conrad, Victoria and the White-Haired Man that Nolan brought her in the season finale . “Oy, again with this?” he says, doing a pitch-perfect impression of my mother-in-law. We see more of the footage, including Victoria claims that David had “his reasons” for making everyone think his wife was dead and that he’d visited her to ask for a divorce. Hmm… Looks like it’s time for Emily to get back into the Graysons’ good graces. “Good luck with that, after you broke poor Spaniel’s heart,” Nolan says. Oh you rich, lanky nerd, how I’ve missed you!

THERE SHE IS | Charlotte’s spent 60 days at rehab, where she seems to have lost her bad attitude and her penchant for pills. She’s let out – accompanied by her doctor – to attend the art auction her mother always used to host. The Graysons are in fine form: Daniel’s drunk and brooding, Conrad’s not-so-subtly trying to get his kids to turn all of their inheritance back into Grayson Global, and Not Fit to Carry Victoria’s Pashmina (I’m sorry, you know her as Ashley) is swanning around with a sycophantic lackey in tow. A very disturbing interaction occurs between the Grayson men after Conrad compares Ashley to Emily, who’s just arrived in a hot red number:

DANIEL: At least Ashley’s smart enough not to cheat on me.
CONRAD: Is she, now?

No. NO. Ew. No. If even half of the lechiness implied in Henry Czerny’s reading of that line comes to pass – who am I kidding, it’s probably already happening — just… no. Thankfully, Nolan has a quip to take my mind off the disturbing visual. As he and Emily pass a memorial photo of Victoria, he says, “You think she’s somewhere looking up at us?” Ha! During the event, Charlotte gets up to speak her mind about who her mother really was. I like this new Char-char! Go on with your fully realized self, girl! When her doc gets a call that she’s failed a blood test and has to go back to the clinic, she gets even feistier: She accuses Conrad of framing her to keep her out of the picture and killing Victoria, then whispers something in Emily’s ear before she’s carted off. A split second later, Emily’s at a cabin in the woods. Who opens the door? One very much alive Victoria. “What in the hell are you doing here?” she demands.

DEATH BECOMES HER | Charlotte sent Emily – turns out, she and her mom have been communicating via secret cell phone for months. Conrad blew up the plane and is trying to get Charlotte’s inheritance, Victoria tells her nemesis, and now the government is keeping her in hiding while it builds a case against him. Emily later returns, seemingly to give Vicky some dirt on Charlotte’s doctor but really to leave Nolan’s “clam cam” there so they can spy. “I’m sure that your government friends will have him arrested and Charlotte will be free in no time,” Em says sweetly, and her hunch that Victoria’s not working with the feds is verified not long after. Back in the Hamptons, Em and her pajama-clad kinda-roommate Nolan watch the White-Haired Man visit Victoria at the cabin which, by the way, looks like it was decorated by Beauty and the Beast‘s Gaston. Victoria tells Snowy to “eliminate the liability,” and Nolan notes that they’re going to take Emily down the way that they did her parents. “Good,” she replies. “Let them.” Badass!

PORTER PROBLEMS | It’s not a great time to be Jack. He’s drinking too much, sleeping on the  Amanda (but not on Amanda), the health department shut down the bar and Emily implies that the baby’s not his. I’m pretty sure that his best moment in the entire episode was when a too-excited Nolan hugged him and then kinda kissed him on the neck. (At least, that was the best moment in the episode for me.) And he doesn’t even know the half of it: When Emily visits Amanda and suggests that Jack is in love with an illusion, the soon-to-be-mom retorts with a threat. “Don’t forget, if he learns the truth about me, everyone learns the truth about you.” On the upside, the little kid has one heck of a goal-oriented godmother!

Now it’s your turn. What did you think of the episode? Did you for one, logic-free moment when you heard a man’s voice on the clam-cam footage think private investigator Frank had somehow beat death and was shacking up with Victoria in the woods? (Just me? OK.) What do you think’s really happening regarding Amanda and Takeda? And do you agree that there is likely something unholy going on between Conrad and Ashley? Hit the comments and sound off!

1. Patricia says:

Loved it. Does anyone know the name of that song at the end?

2. susela says:

If Victoria is working with the white-haired man, why is she still referring to “Emily Thorne”? Wouldn’t he have shared the news that Emily is actually Amanda Clarke? An otherwise great episode—looking forward to this season!

• dude says:

Maybe he wants to keep that ace in his back pocket. I don’t think the White-Haired man trusts anyone so I wouldn’t expect him to spill his secrets to her.

• Alichat says:

THANK YOU! I was wondering that as well! I kept waiting for him to call her Amanda when talking to Victoria.

• Zak says:

My guess is the guy doesn’t trust Victoria and is using her as much as she’s using him.

• kristina Kada says:

Does he really know that Emily is Amanda? All I remember is him being informed he killed her father… who knows how many men he’s killed(w or w/o kids because kids tend to come out of the woodwork in this little world)

• Lynne says:

I believe she did tell him during their showdown in the season 1 finale that she was David Clark’s daughter.

• dude says:

He clearly knew who her father was because while they were fighting, he was getting digs in to her like “you’re a fighter, you must have got that from your mother”

• arianeb says:

I’ve been thinking about that too. The white haired man knows the truth about Emily/Amanda, how come he hasn’t spilled the beans to the Graysons? The theories are that either he does not know Emily’s relation to the Graysons, or he does and does not care, or does not want to, but I’d like to propose a third theory: He is not allowed!

What if the White Haired Man is just a lacky or minion of the initiative? What if we are just seeing a very small piece of what the Initiative is? What if… and here’s the huge game changer if it is true… Emily’s Mom is White Haired Man’s boss?

• susela says:

That would be such a great idea, except I doubt he’d have been so willing to try and kill his boss’ daughter last season. (And apparently to try it again now.)

• arianeb says:

Possible explanation: He never had any intention of killing Emily last season. She had info he needed, and Emily’s agenda made thing unnecessarily complicated. In the end she attacked him. My theory that Emily’s mom is his boss is just wild speculation on my part, but the theory that he was not allowed to harm Emily, or reveal her identity, by his bosses (who ever they are) makes a lot of sense right now.
          How powerful is the Initiative and what is their real agenda? That is a question that could take (hopefully) many seasons to answer.

• Sharon says:

the white haired man has an agenda of his own. he isn’t spilling the beans any time soon.

• marleys mom says:

THat was my thought too. Does Victoria know who she is? If not, why wouldnt the wtite haired man tell her?

• Lauren says:

I don’t think that the white-haired man knows that Emily and Amanda are the same person. Last season he knew that she was Amanda but maybe he hasn’t found out that she is known as Emily to the Graysons

3. Jules says:

Loved loved it! Best season premiere this season! Although Victoria being alive was not a surprise, I was kind of surprised that Charlotte knew, or at least that Victoria insisted that Charlotte know and not Daniel. At least that’s how it appeared to me. Maybe I’m in the minority but I think Jack is too sappy and I’m all for Emily and Daniel.

• Tracie says:

If you’re in the minority, I’m right there with you. I like Emily and Daniel. I knew I was supposed to like Jack, but I couldn’t…I really don’t like Jack at all…I’m probably in more a minority because I think I like Declan better than I like Jack.. I kind of hope that Jack’s arm is the one the divers find.

• Freddie says:

I was originally all for Emily and Jack. But then they just wrote him sooo bumbling and weak that while I still like that in protecting him she stays tied to her childhood, I don’t think they should get together. That being said, don’t like Daniel either. Unless he reveals a twisty/crazy smart good reason for backing his father after he learned the truth, he ALSO doesn’t have enough spine for our girl. Maybe this Aidan fellow will be a better fit…

• Keren says:

I agree, I don’t like her with either guys… time to introduce someone new for her (maybe Aiden, maybe someone else)

• Malu Souza says:

I prefer Emily with Daniel, because there isn’t so much cliché such as the relationship with Jack.

• Jules says:

Totally agree. Way too cliche. Let her fall in love with the person she’s not supposed to rather than the one everyone expects her too. Obviously we’re not finding out anytime soon that the baby isn’t Jack’s, although I hope it actually is. Don’t see Jack shirking responsibility. And I think EVC and JB’s real life chemistry translates much better on screen. I believed that he was really in love with her and I thought maybe she was too but is too focused on her revenge that she had to let him go.

• dude says:

Daniel took Conrad’s side over Victoria’s. I think she trusts him as much as she trusts Conrad.

4. mantua says:

Is there any word on Amber Valletta this season ?

I loved the episode, my only problem that so far Jennifer Jason Leigh hasn’t convinced me, for now she seems miscast to me but she is a great actress, so who knows, she might wow us in the near future.

• Victoria says:

Lydia did indeed die in the plane explosion. So unless Amber comes back for flashbacks I believe we’ve seen the last of her.

5. N says:

Still love FauxAmanda

6. Alichat says:

I’m rather disappointed that Victoria is alive. I’m probably in a minority here, but I think it would have been ballsier if she’d really died.

As for the rest of the episode, I’m liking the new Charlotte too, and am hoping she screws it to Conrad for messing with her. Also, I find Ashley pathetic and would like to see her dead. That too harsh???

• tripoli says:

Somewhat agree. It would have been so ballsy to kill off one of the main characters, especially one that was so awesome and pivotal to so many plot lines. Plus she seems to be liked by the viewers. On the other hand, it’s a bit like cutting yourself off at the knees. Victoria is knee deep in so much drama, with almost every one of the main characters it would be a little crazy to get rid of her so soon.

7. g.g72 says:

Loved it and I too thought it was Frank for a split second! Oh my God can’t wait for next week!!!!

8. Kris says:

If only Nolan wasn’t gay…oh GOD THAT HAIR AND THOSE ABS! It was worth the summer wait to see Nolan again…im looking coward to this new season of Revenge

9. April says:

The song at the end is “Hey Hey My My” if I’m remembering right. I first heard it on Sons of Anarchy.

But this episode is awesome and this season is already exciting!!! I’ve been waiting all summer for this show!

10. Lynne says:

Loved the premiere!! Knew Victoria wasnt going to be killed. That would kill the entire series. All of the back and forth between her and Emily is a big part of why the show is so good, the chemistry between the actresses is sizzling. Not a fan of the Daniel and Ashley pairing. Wouldnt be surprised if that is what she has been gunning for since she started working for the Graysons. Still hate Fauxmanda. Really never liked her at all. Dont think the baby is Jack’s. Maybe I’ll get lucky and the body on the Amanda was Fauxmanda. Cruel I know, but I never liked her. Must say I am soo in love with Nolan’s new look. The shorter hair looks ALOT better than the mop he had last season.
    One thing I dont get. Why is Conrad trying to keep Charlotte in rehab? Because if he wanted to get her inheritance then why doesnt he write her out of his will or something? That whole thing is still a little confusing. I’ll probably rewatch it later incase I missed something in that storyline. But if someone else can maybe explain it, it would be much appreciated.
    Can not wait for next week! After watching season 1 dvd nonstop the last week it is going to be hard waiting for the next episode.

• luli says:

the part of the inheritance that charlotte got was from victoria alone, not conrad. And if they declare her crazy he would get her inheritance because he is her legal guardian.

At least thats what i think is going on… maybe im wrong.

• Alichat says:

You are right. He wants to be given power of attorney over the money she got from Victoria….I imagine there’s a guardian or trustee of the money…….so he can bury it all back into the company. I’ve been wondering if he’s angling to do the same thing with Daniel. He doesn’t seem to care that Daniel is drinking his days away, and apparently neither does Ashley. And Ashley and Conrad seem too comfortable around each other. And then his comment to Daniel about Ashley and cheating…..I just got the feeling those two are in cahoots.

• Lynne says:

Makes more sense now. Mustve missed those few seconds while I was attempting to do my laundry during the show. Lol Thanks guys.
          And you have to be right Ali, Conrad has to be planning on doing something similar with Daniel’s inheritance because last season he and Victoria went crazy when they found out he was drinking while he was working at the bar. And now Conrad doesnt give a crud that he is drinking again.
          I prefer to not concentrate on Conrad and Ashley possibly hooking up. That is just too disturbing to imagine.

11. luli says:

loved the new Charlotte, hate even more Ashley; she needs to die.

12. valeriel40 says:

Does anyone know WHY we have a new Takeda? That bugged me. Only low point of the whole ep!

13. MyReligionIsWhovian says:

I second you on the missing of Nolan. Love him so much.

14. June says:

Thrilling as ever. I love Nolan…..He really likes Emily (Amanda) & he wants her & Jack together. Emily really should have killed that white haired man when she had the chance. Charlotte has become expendable to the Graysons . She was able to fix her trust. Next week should be a real clincher.

15. HRG says:

Because of a time commitment Takeda needed to be recast! Great episode!

16. June says:

I am very confused , i forgot this persons name but i thought that it was suppose to be a new guy that is coming on Revenge i saw his picture when i was reading the email , and he is very handsome i would love to see him on the show , and guys thanks for the email .

17. Ally Oop says:

Good episode. When was the beginning boat scene said to take place? I like the promo for next week when Emily said she’s gonna take Charlotte away from Victoria.

18. Spencer says:

An AMAZING season premiere!! I was grinning the entire time!! Loved it! Can’t wait for the rest of the season.

19. Bonnie says:

You are NOT the only one who (delusionally) thought it was Frank. Thanks for the validation!

• GeoDiva says:

Me too. Swore it was Frank…..

• Christa says:

Me too!!! And I had just got finished saying that this is like a soap opera they can bring people back from the dead any time they want :) and then I heard the voice and thought OM!!! They did bring him back, but alas they did not…. Yet

20. Madolyn says:

I thought this was a good premiere episode and I cannot wait to get into this season! Hah, I thought it was just me- when I heard that mans voice, I was like wtf, did frank rise from the dead as well. I think Takeda obviously has some sort of plan with Amanda and that she is a pawn in his game. On the Conrad and Ashley subject, those two are both underhanded and not characters that I really care for at the moment, so they can hook up, preferably off screen- as I want to spend all the extra screen time that is not on Emily and her men- on the ever charming and ever charismatic Nolan Ross! (I’m also secretly looking forward to a Victoria Vs. Emily’s mom showdown)

• Skeff says:

I was really confused about the Takeda/Amanda situation. Emily only mentioned it (offhandedly) when Nolan asked about how Amanda came back… Emily said something about Takeda bringing her but it was very briefly touched upon, and I was wondering why it wasn’t explained. Must be to keep some suspense!

21. Michael says:

Thought it was Frank, too

Ita re: EW – conrad and ash

Great analysis/recap Kim!

22. Just to notify everyone, the arm floating in the wracked Amanda (the boat) has a gold wedding ring on the finger….I say that if fake-Amanda and Jack get married in the nex ten or twelve episodes, we are in trouble….I like seeing fake-Amanda around Emily, not everything can go right, otherwise no Revenge right?!?!?!?

• Mike says:

I feel fauxmanda is a goner as well, I just feel if they were planning to keep her around she would have been promoted to a regular by now.

23. Tracie says:

“Did you for one, logic-free moment when you heard a man’s voice on the clam-cam footage, think private investigator Frank had somehow beat death and was shacking up with Victoria in the woods? (Just me? OK.)”

No. Not just you…but I had kind of looked away from the TV, so I didn’t know what Nolan was doing exactly and at the time thought maybe there was some other footage he uncovered, So, I was minorly confused for a second until I realized who it was and what was really going on.

Now…my question is, was there a body attached to that arm in the water? I mean, sure, it’s a little gruesome to think about somebody’s arm being amputated like that, presumably still alive… but, if they’re trying to fake their death for some reason, and frame somebody else in the process, how far would they be willing to go?

Also, I wonder what “taking her daughter away” entails…I don’t think she would kill her…but could she kidnap her, or maybe “taking her away” means turning her against Victoria? I’m curious to see what the writers have up their sleeves.

24. Alixandria says:

I think my biggest problem with Ashley has always been that I’ve never really understood her purpose – Why is she important?

I absolutely cannot wait to see how this mystery-man (Aiden) story plays out.

Loving the new Nolan. Much hotter. I feel like with his new I’m-gonna-get-myself-some-muscle-so-I-can-kick-some-ass attitude is going to be interesting to watch.

• Skeff says:

Yeah I’ve always wondered if Ashley has something up her sleeve – you never know. Maybe she’s been scheming this whole time, trying to get with Daniel, work her way into the family… I really wouldn’t be shocked if she has slept with Grayson or will soon.

Is it me or does Daniel not seem into her AT ALL??

• Tracie says:

You’re right. So far, they have NO chemistry. I hope she gets interesting or she needs to go. Probably going to sleep with Conrad because of the comment mentioned in this recap, and he seemed to take to her last season.

• Carrie says:

I think Ashley has been the exact same character throughout – she is the most consistent and rolls completely under the radar. She took a crap job to work with the Graysons to promote herself. She then took advantage of Daniel’s sadness to move right in to their family. I don’t have a quarrel with her – I think her motives have been the same for the entire show. Go Ashley! I hope she screws everyone over (except Emily – she’ll cut a bitch).

• Keren says:

Pairing Ashley with Grayson will be much more interesting and fun than having her with Daniel. She’s too scheming for Daniel and is just using him to get ahead. I would like to see her rise to the top of the Hampton food chain! … (even though it would just end in failure because both Victoria and Emily will take her down)

• tripoli says:

Yes, she’s been pretty consistent as a character. She’s just useless and annoying though. She’s the second coming of Declan. It’s clear she’s just a gold digging, social climber. It’s her whole agenda and why she continued to work for Victoria, who mostly treated her like crap.

• Alixandria says:

In addition to my eager-ness to see more of Aiden, I would just like to say in the 1-2 scenes we saw him in with Emily, they already have WAY more chemistry than she ever did with Jack or Daniel.

25. GeoDiva says:

That arm better belong to Declan!

26. Megan says:

I laughed so much when Nolan replied “Holy Moly” to the news Victoria was alive-man I have missed him!

27. Jake says:

I’m a bit confused because didn’t the white haired man set off the bomb?

28. I love Nolan so much. Love the clam camera!

29. Buddy says:

I’m calling it now. Aiden is the one in the boat. He’s this season’s dispensable extra (i.e. the new Tyler).

30. Sarah says:

GREAT episode!!! So excited for this season!!

It definitely sounded like Conrad was hinting that he’d had some less-than-appropriate interactions with Ashley (hate her by the way).

What’s really bugging me is how in the heck is it possible for them to force Charlotte to stay in rehab? Like literally LOCK HER IN? Rehab is not prison, it’s often voluntary. I would think if she’s gone 60 days she’d be allowed to make the decision for herself. And it can’t be because she’s a minor and Conrad has the authority to do that, because that would make his whole devious scheme to get her declared crazy and gain control of her inheritance a moot point. I guess we’ll see……

I kept forgetting in those Emily/Charlotte scenes that Charlotte doesn’t know that she’s her sister. I mean, she knows who her sister is, but not that THAT is her sister. I would love to see Emily enlighten Charlotte more about Mommy Dearest… I figured that’s what she meant about “taking her daughter away from her.”

31. Jenna says:

How come Nolan gets to pull off the popped collar and not solicit hostility like the men from Jersey Shore?

32. Tash says:

When Nolan appeared onscreen it was AH-MAZING. I love that he buffed up.
    But I agree with Kim in that when the footage from the clam cam started I seriously thought it was Frank as well

33. Sharon says:

I knew from the get go the voice on the clam cam was the white haired mans… btw when does he get a name?

34. pol75 says:

White-Haired man is becoming more and more interesting. Not revealing that Emily is Amanda was an interesting choice. Wonder what he plans to do with this important piece of information. Also, the more we go further, the more I want Mike Kelley to understand that Jack doesn’t hold a candle to the other men in Emily’s life. Even the new guy with a grand total of two scenes seems a whole lot more intriguing than boring Jack. I’m hoping that it’s him at the bottom of the ocean even if I doubt it.

35. I Loved Love Loved this season premiere. I was on my toes the who time and my heart kept racing, sorry I just love Revenge haha.

I like that Ashley thinks she’s the new victoria, bossing people around and even hosting the events. I know alot of people hate her but I would love to see who she really is and what she wants, does she have her own revenge plan. I kinda like her and daniel, for now, I want to explore other stories not just daniel has to be with emily, I like to see more of him and ashley and see how they bring each other down.

I love Nolan hair cut, it just makes him hotter then what he was last season and my gosh can you belive hes 40 in real life, theres no way he looks like it.

I like the new char. and I love that she likes and trust emily so much,

I cant wait til next episode

36. JBS says:

They should have killed Victoria. Otherwise, great premiere.

37. Figgy says:

1. Who gives an F about Nolans sexuality.
    2. I am so glad that icy B Victoria is back.

38. Tracy Emert says:

My best guess is the “white haired man” is actually Emily’s Grandfather; just not sure if he’s from her mother or father’s side. He does look like an older version of her father (David Clark). I also think it may be possible that FauxManda’s baby daddy will turn out to be new character, Aiden. I’m really loving the new Takeida!! He’s much more menacing and speaks English now. And am I the only one who remember’s Nolan giving Takeida the “nod” at the Fire & Ice Ball just before he left to kill Tyler? And one more thought, though many here would like Nolan and Emily to be brother and sister; what if Nolan is her Uncle? Ah, to ponder ;P

• DeeDee says:

I was thinking baby daddy could be Aiden too. Best show on TV now. Glad it’s back!

• Alixandria says:

I had that idea about Aiden being Fauxmanda’s babydaddy, too. Though I personally would hate that because it wouldjust be Fauxmanda “stealing” another one of Emily’s men. But, also, there was an article saying that Aiden would be a love interest of Emily, so fingers crossed.

39. KIMBERLY ROOTS – that’s exactly who I heard – Frank – when shadow man was talking to Victoria. His voice was a dead – pardon the bad pun – ringer for long departed Frank.

Otherwise I thought this was a delish season premier. But I for one hope Em stays clear of brooding Dan’l –

And I do not like the new Tekada. I feel like I’m on H5-O.

40. Magically Suspicious says:

1. Definitely thought it was Frank on the clam cam.
    2. Conrad and Trashley are totally bumping uglies.
    3. I would do dirty dirty things to Nolan. D-I-R-T-Y.

41. Sha says:

LOVED the premiere. No sophomore slump for Revenge! Emily is even more kickass and awesome. Nolan is just as awesome as Em and it was great seeing him buffing up. Charlotte has grown up a lot. Jack is making it really hard to root for him right now…. I know Daniel is supposed to be somewhat of a villain now but I’m still rooting for him to go back to the good side maybe even reconcile with emily

42. Rasda says:

Love the premiere. Still hate Daniel. I don’t find Jack to be too wimpy at all. He’s a good man and I don’t understand why that irks some people. Plus I love he and Nolan’s friendship. So yeah, Team Jack. I figured I’d profess my loyalty to him since a lot of fans don’t seem to like him.

43. Robin says:

Not its not just you…when I heard the guys voice I was like “wait but isn’t he dead?” and then of course saw it was the white haired man!

44. Tracie says:

Am I the only that has no doubt that Fauxmanda’s baby isn’t Jack’s?. When he mentioned getting a paternity test to her, she was defensive, and then her face as she was lying in bed said in all.

45. vern says:

I also (for a split second) thought it was Frank. Sounded just like him!

46. nicaw says:

A really good episode. Too bad for Victoria and Conrad that they both are after Charlotte’s money. That’s the only reason Victoria is still playing dead. Good thing Charlotte has Emily.

My thought for the arm on the boat is probably the White Haired Man.

Whose baby is Amanda carrying? It’s not Jack’s.

Always glad to see Nolan.

And yes, I also believe Ashley is sleeping (or has slept) with Conrad.

47. kateshomesick says:

Jack is under a lot of pressure. He is responsible for Declan (who is trying but not exactly helpful), the bar (which is on the edge all the time), Fauxmanda (whom he doesn’t love) plus Baby (which might not be his)…He lost the thing he thought he had with Emily due to circumstance and is living with the constant fear of losing everything else by doing something wrong….What do you expect? He is NOT going to be ally shiny and happy obviously and the bigger thing is that his problems aren’t all exciting and superheroy-stuff. He is fighting for th survival of his and his brothers future. As simple as that. I get that some of you are finding him depressing and boring but that is simply what he is right now. He can barely breathe- how is he supposed LIVE. I always liked Jack/Declan as counterpart to the rich/manipulative crowd. Their life is something more people have experienced and can relate to.

Daniel seems to be really down. Interesting. We will see how that goes- I find him to be the blandest character though and I don’t think it’s the writing. Sorry.

48. Jon says:

OMG!!!I completely was hoping that the guy was Frank too!!!

49. caryn says:

What is Ashley’s agenda? Seemed in season 1 Ashley was friends with Emily, almost like they knew each other previously. I think Ashley has her own “revenge” which we will see develop slowly and will learn the reasons why even slower.

50. lara says:

Didn’t the writers say that they were planning on beginning the season 2 with a wedding flashforward? I don’t know if it was b/c season 1’s flashforward was so great, but this one just wasn’t as dramatic and exciting to me.