Revenge Premiere Recap: Mom's the Word

Get More: Premieres, Recaps

In three months’ time, at least one of Revenges Amandas will be a goner.

I’m referring, of course, to the Amanda – Jack’s boat – which we saw wrecked on the ocean floor off Block Island, RI, in the first moments of this week’s episode. As for the other two women bearing that name, Emily-I-used-to-be-Amanda and Amanda-I-used-to-be-Emily-by-the-way-this-belly-is-outta-control, who knows? Because just like the shooting and flashback that kicked off last season, we got little more than a glimpse of the blown-up ship before the action rewound to the previous May.

It’s possible that someone else bought the vessel and rode it to its untimely end, but the framed photo of the Porter men and the mariner’s compass (exactly like the one Emily gave Jack last season) among the detritus make me think that the severed arm floating around the wreck belongs to someone we know.

But there’ll be plenty of time for speculation about the dead sailor later. Now, let’s focus on what happened in the Season 2 premiere, “Destiny.”

REVENGE REDUX | We reconnect with Emily as she’s tied to a post underwater, nearly drowning “unlocking memories” about her mom. On the shore nearby, NuTakeda tells a youngish guy that her fear is what’s keeping her down there. I’d put my money on the ropes around her wrists, but whatevs. Under the sea, Emily remembers that her mother was a patient in a hospital and that Em had been taken to see her there. The youngish guy (look, even though he hasn’t been officially introduced yet, we all know his name is Aiden, so I’m going to call him Aiden. Cool?) earns her ire by cutting her loose, even though it saved her life. She tells both men that her mother is alive, and “God help the people who kept me from her – and that includes you.” (Side note: Why is Emily wearing a track jacket? I assume the tie-up was some kind of test that she knew about beforehand. Was she like, “Oh, lemme just pull something longsleeved in case the water’s cold?” I do love how she tore it off before beating up Aiden, though  — as if it weren’t bad enough that the dude was being bested by a teeny blonde, he was going to get two tickets to her gun show, too.) Much later, NuTakeda gives Aiden his reluctant blessing to go after Emily and help guide her back to her true path.

NO SURPRISE AT ALL | For the upcoming bit, I shall relay to you my notes, verbatim: “Nolan! Boxing! Shirtless! Haircut!” Annnnnd, scene. I think you feel me, people. You could watch a Blu-Ray on those high-definition abs. Moving on! Emily finds her bud getting all buff and brings him back to her place in the Hamptons. (Another side note: I think my apartment has gotten dustier in the time it’s taken me to write this recap than her entire house got after months of being uninhabited.) She tells him her mom’s Indiana hospital was shut down shortly after her dad was arrested, so naturally the pair go check it out. Their findings: Em remembers that her mom was lashed to a bed in the psych ward and finds an infinity sign scratched (?) into one of the leather restraints; Nolan discovers that David Clark visited his wife just before he was arrested and a “Charlotte Clark” – Victoria, signing in as Em’s invalid aunt – also stopped by. Back at her Revengemporium, Emily watches the video of Conrad, Victoria and the White-Haired Man that Nolan brought her in the season finale . “Oy, again with this?” he says, doing a pitch-perfect impression of my mother-in-law. We see more of the footage, including Victoria claims that David had “his reasons” for making everyone think his wife was dead and that he’d visited her to ask for a divorce. Hmm… Looks like it’s time for Emily to get back into the Graysons’ good graces. “Good luck with that, after you broke poor Spaniel’s heart,” Nolan says. Oh you rich, lanky nerd, how I’ve missed you!

THERE SHE IS | Charlotte’s spent 60 days at rehab, where she seems to have lost her bad attitude and her penchant for pills. She’s let out – accompanied by her doctor – to attend the art auction her mother always used to host. The Graysons are in fine form: Daniel’s drunk and brooding, Conrad’s not-so-subtly trying to get his kids to turn all of their inheritance back into Grayson Global, and Not Fit to Carry Victoria’s Pashmina (I’m sorry, you know her as Ashley) is swanning around with a sycophantic lackey in tow. A very disturbing interaction occurs between the Grayson men after Conrad compares Ashley to Emily, who’s just arrived in a hot red number:

DANIEL: At least Ashley’s smart enough not to cheat on me.
CONRAD: Is she, now?

No. NO. Ew. No. If even half of the lechiness implied in Henry Czerny’s reading of that line comes to pass – who am I kidding, it’s probably already happening — just… no. Thankfully, Nolan has a quip to take my mind off the disturbing visual. As he and Emily pass a memorial photo of Victoria, he says, “You think she’s somewhere looking up at us?” Ha! During the event, Charlotte gets up to speak her mind about who her mother really was. I like this new Char-char! Go on with your fully realized self, girl! When her doc gets a call that she’s failed a blood test and has to go back to the clinic, she gets even feistier: She accuses Conrad of framing her to keep her out of the picture and killing Victoria, then whispers something in Emily’s ear before she’s carted off. A split second later, Emily’s at a cabin in the woods. Who opens the door? One very much alive Victoria. “What in the hell are you doing here?” she demands.

DEATH BECOMES HER | Charlotte sent Emily – turns out, she and her mom have been communicating via secret cell phone for months. Conrad blew up the plane and is trying to get Charlotte’s inheritance, Victoria tells her nemesis, and now the government is keeping her in hiding while it builds a case against him. Emily later returns, seemingly to give Vicky some dirt on Charlotte’s doctor but really to leave Nolan’s “clam cam” there so they can spy. “I’m sure that your government friends will have him arrested and Charlotte will be free in no time,” Em says sweetly, and her hunch that Victoria’s not working with the feds is verified not long after. Back in the Hamptons, Em and her pajama-clad kinda-roommate Nolan watch the White-Haired Man visit Victoria at the cabin which, by the way, looks like it was decorated by Beauty and the Beast‘s Gaston. Victoria tells Snowy to “eliminate the liability,” and Nolan notes that they’re going to take Emily down the way that they did her parents. “Good,” she replies. “Let them.” Badass!

PORTER PROBLEMS | It’s not a great time to be Jack. He’s drinking too much, sleeping on the  Amanda (but not on Amanda), the health department shut down the bar and Emily implies that the baby’s not his. I’m pretty sure that his best moment in the entire episode was when a too-excited Nolan hugged him and then kinda kissed him on the neck. (At least, that was the best moment in the episode for me.) And he doesn’t even know the half of it: When Emily visits Amanda and suggests that Jack is in love with an illusion, the soon-to-be-mom retorts with a threat. “Don’t forget, if he learns the truth about me, everyone learns the truth about you.” On the upside, the little kid has one heck of a goal-oriented godmother!

Now it’s your turn. What did you think of the episode? Did you for one, logic-free moment when you heard a man’s voice on the clam-cam footage think private investigator Frank had somehow beat death and was shacking up with Victoria in the woods? (Just me? OK.) What do you think’s really happening regarding Amanda and Takeda? And do you agree that there is likely something unholy going on between Conrad and Ashley? Hit the comments and sound off!

Tags: ,

Comments (116)

• Loved it. Does anyone know the name of that song at the end?

Comment by Patricia – September 30, 2012 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It was Neil Young’s “Hey Hey, My My (Into the Black)” covered by the Chromatics.

Comment by Kimberly Roots – September 30, 2012 08:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The version on Sons of Anarchy was even better. By Battleme. Great song.

Comment by Paige – October 1, 2012 07:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Dick Whitman – October 1, 2012 04:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • So true. Sons Of Anarchy always picks the perfect music.

Comment by tripoli – October 1, 2012 10:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Victoria is working with the white-haired man, why is she still referring to “Emily Thorne”? Wouldn’t he have shared the news that Emily is actually Amanda Clarke? An otherwise great episode—looking forward to this season!

Comment by susela – September 30, 2012 08:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maybe he wants to keep that ace in his back pocket. I don’t think the White-Haired man trusts anyone so I wouldn’t expect him to spill his secrets to her.

Comment by dude – September 30, 2012 09:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Exactly what I was thinking…

Comment by Tina – October 1, 2012 12:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THANK YOU! I was wondering that as well! I kept waiting for him to call her Amanda when talking to Victoria.

Comment by Alichat – September 30, 2012 09:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My guess is the guy doesn’t trust Victoria and is using her as much as she’s using him.

Comment by Zak – September 30, 2012 09:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Does he really know that Emily is Amanda? All I remember is him being informed he killed her father… who knows how many men he’s killed(w or w/o kids because kids tend to come out of the woodwork in this little world)

Comment by kristina Kada – September 30, 2012 09:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I believe she did tell him during their showdown in the season 1 finale that she was David Clark’s daughter.

Comment by Lynne – September 30, 2012 09:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • He clearly knew who her father was because while they were fighting, he was getting digs in to her like “you’re a fighter, you must have got that from your mother”

Comment by dude – October 1, 2012 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’ve been thinking about that too. The white haired man knows the truth about Emily/Amanda, how come he hasn’t spilled the beans to the Graysons? The theories are that either he does not know Emily’s relation to the Graysons, or he does and does not care, or does not want to, but I’d like to propose a third theory: He is not allowed!

What if the White Haired Man is just a lacky or minion of the initiative? What if we are just seeing a very small piece of what the Initiative is? What if… and here’s the huge game changer if it is true… Emily’s Mom is White Haired Man’s boss?

Comment by arianeb – October 1, 2012 06:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That would be such a great idea, except I doubt he’d have been so willing to try and kill his boss’ daughter last season. (And apparently to try it again now.)

Comment by susela – October 1, 2012 06:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Possible explanation: He never had any intention of killing Emily last season. She had info he needed, and Emily’s agenda made thing unnecessarily complicated. In the end she attacked him. My theory that Emily’s mom is his boss is just wild speculation on my part, but the theory that he was not allowed to harm Emily, or reveal her identity, by his bosses (who ever they are) makes a lot of sense right now.
          How powerful is the Initiative and what is their real agenda? That is a question that could take (hopefully) many seasons to answer.

Comment by arianeb – October 1, 2012 07:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • the white haired man has an agenda of his own. he isn’t spilling the beans any time soon.

Comment by Sharon – October 1, 2012 06:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THat was my thought too. Does Victoria know who she is? If not, why wouldnt the wtite haired man tell her?

Comment by marleys mom – October 1, 2012 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t think that the white-haired man knows that Emily and Amanda are the same person. Last season he knew that she was Amanda but maybe he hasn’t found out that she is known as Emily to the Graysons

Comment by Lauren – October 2, 2012 06:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • he totally knows because he winked at the photo of emily and daniel which is the spy cam in Conrads office.

Comment by mikee – October 3, 2012 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved loved it! Best season premiere this season! Although Victoria being alive was not a surprise, I was kind of surprised that Charlotte knew, or at least that Victoria insisted that Charlotte know and not Daniel. At least that’s how it appeared to me. Maybe I’m in the minority but I think Jack is too sappy and I’m all for Emily and Daniel.

Comment by Jules – September 30, 2012 08:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If you’re in the minority, I’m right there with you. I like Emily and Daniel. I knew I was supposed to like Jack, but I couldn’t…I really don’t like Jack at all…I’m probably in more a minority because I think I like Declan better than I like Jack.. I kind of hope that Jack’s arm is the one the divers find.

Comment by Tracie – October 1, 2012 12:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree with basically everything you just said, though I suspect the arm probably belongs to Aiden.

Comment by Amelia – October 1, 2012 06:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • And I, too, am in the minority with you guys. I love Daniel and Emily.

Comment by Amelia – October 1, 2012 06:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well, let’s see who gets married. The hand in the wreck was wearing a wedding band.

Comment by susela – October 1, 2012 06:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Maybe it’s someone who already is married ie.Conrad.

Comment by dude – October 1, 2012 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was originally all for Emily and Jack. But then they just wrote him sooo bumbling and weak that while I still like that in protecting him she stays tied to her childhood, I don’t think they should get together. That being said, don’t like Daniel either. Unless he reveals a twisty/crazy smart good reason for backing his father after he learned the truth, he ALSO doesn’t have enough spine for our girl. Maybe this Aidan fellow will be a better fit…

Comment by Freddie – October 1, 2012 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree, I don’t like her with either guys… time to introduce someone new for her (maybe Aiden, maybe someone else)

Comment by Keren – October 1, 2012 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I prefer Emily with Daniel, because there isn’t so much cliché such as the relationship with Jack.

Comment by Malu Souza – October 1, 2012 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Totally agree. Way too cliche. Let her fall in love with the person she’s not supposed to rather than the one everyone expects her too. Obviously we’re not finding out anytime soon that the baby isn’t Jack’s, although I hope it actually is. Don’t see Jack shirking responsibility. And I think EVC and JB’s real life chemistry translates much better on screen. I believed that he was really in love with her and I thought maybe she was too but is too focused on her revenge that she had to let him go.

Comment by Jules – October 1, 2012 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Daniel took Conrad’s side over Victoria’s. I think she trusts him as much as she trusts Conrad.

Comment by dude – October 1, 2012 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is there any word on Amber Valletta this season ?

I loved the episode, my only problem that so far Jennifer Jason Leigh hasn’t convinced me, for now she seems miscast to me but she is a great actress, so who knows, she might wow us in the near future.

Comment by mantua – September 30, 2012 09:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lydia did indeed die in the plane explosion. So unless Amber comes back for flashbacks I believe we’ve seen the last of her.

Comment by Victoria – October 1, 2012 07:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Still love FauxAmanda

Comment by N – September 30, 2012 09:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m rather disappointed that Victoria is alive. I’m probably in a minority here, but I think it would have been ballsier if she’d really died.

As for the rest of the episode, I’m liking the new Charlotte too, and am hoping she screws it to Conrad for messing with her. Also, I find Ashley pathetic and would like to see her dead. That too harsh???

Comment by Alichat – September 30, 2012 09:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Somewhat agree. It would have been so ballsy to kill off one of the main characters, especially one that was so awesome and pivotal to so many plot lines. Plus she seems to be liked by the viewers. On the other hand, it’s a bit like cutting yourself off at the knees. Victoria is knee deep in so much drama, with almost every one of the main characters it would be a little crazy to get rid of her so soon.

Comment by tripoli – October 1, 2012 10:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved it and I too thought it was Frank for a split second! Oh my God can’t wait for next week!!!!

Comment by g.g72 – September 30, 2012 09:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If only Nolan wasn’t gay…oh GOD THAT HAIR AND THOSE ABS! It was worth the summer wait to see Nolan again…im looking coward to this new season of Revenge

Comment by Kris – September 30, 2012 09:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • well he’s only half gay as he’s bisexual

Comment by t – September 30, 2012 10:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I would say he’s abot two-thirds gay and one-third bisexual. ;-)

Comment by TV Gord – October 1, 2012 03:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I would say he’s a three on the Kinsey scale, so pretty much dead center.

Comment by Amelia – October 1, 2012 06:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • That is precisely how he described himself.

Comment by susela – October 1, 2012 06:49 AM PDT
    • Nolan never said was was gay… He also said he would do anything to help avenge who ever killed the man that helped him get rich. Besides rumor has it Nolan gets a girlfriend…

Comment by Sharon – October 1, 2012 06:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The song at the end is “Hey Hey My My” if I’m remembering right. I first heard it on Sons of Anarchy.

But this episode is awesome and this season is already exciting!!! I’ve been waiting all summer for this show!

Comment by April – September 30, 2012 09:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved the premiere!! Knew Victoria wasnt going to be killed. That would kill the entire series. All of the back and forth between her and Emily is a big part of why the show is so good, the chemistry between the actresses is sizzling. Not a fan of the Daniel and Ashley pairing. Wouldnt be surprised if that is what she has been gunning for since she started working for the Graysons. Still hate Fauxmanda. Really never liked her at all. Dont think the baby is Jack’s. Maybe I’ll get lucky and the body on the Amanda was Fauxmanda. Cruel I know, but I never liked her. Must say I am soo in love with Nolan’s new look. The shorter hair looks ALOT better than the mop he had last season.
    One thing I dont get. Why is Conrad trying to keep Charlotte in rehab? Because if he wanted to get her inheritance then why doesnt he write her out of his will or something? That whole thing is still a little confusing. I’ll probably rewatch it later incase I missed something in that storyline. But if someone else can maybe explain it, it would be much appreciated.
    Can not wait for next week! After watching season 1 dvd nonstop the last week it is going to be hard waiting for the next episode.

Comment by Lynne – September 30, 2012 09:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • the part of the inheritance that charlotte got was from victoria alone, not conrad. And if they declare her crazy he would get her inheritance because he is her legal guardian.

At least thats what i think is going on… maybe im wrong.

Comment by luli – September 30, 2012 09:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You are right. He wants to be given power of attorney over the money she got from Victoria….I imagine there’s a guardian or trustee of the money…….so he can bury it all back into the company. I’ve been wondering if he’s angling to do the same thing with Daniel. He doesn’t seem to care that Daniel is drinking his days away, and apparently neither does Ashley. And Ashley and Conrad seem too comfortable around each other. And then his comment to Daniel about Ashley and cheating…..I just got the feeling those two are in cahoots.

Comment by Alichat – October 1, 2012 07:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Makes more sense now. Mustve missed those few seconds while I was attempting to do my laundry during the show. Lol Thanks guys.
          And you have to be right Ali, Conrad has to be planning on doing something similar with Daniel’s inheritance because last season he and Victoria went crazy when they found out he was drinking while he was working at the bar. And now Conrad doesnt give a crud that he is drinking again.
          I prefer to not concentrate on Conrad and Ashley possibly hooking up. That is just too disturbing to imagine.

Comment by Lynne – October 1, 2012 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • loved the new Charlotte, hate even more Ashley; she needs to die.

Comment by luli – September 30, 2012 09:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ashley makes me feeling of nausea!

Comment by Malu Souza – October 1, 2012 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does anyone know WHY we have a new Takeda? That bugged me. Only low point of the whole ep!

Comment by valeriel40 – September 30, 2012 09:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I second you on the missing of Nolan. Love him so much.

Comment by MyReligionIsWhovian – September 30, 2012 09:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thrilling as ever. I love Nolan…..He really likes Emily (Amanda) & he wants her & Jack together. Emily really should have killed that white haired man when she had the chance. Charlotte has become expendable to the Graysons . She was able to fix her trust. Next week should be a real clincher.

Comment by June – September 30, 2012 09:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Because of a time commitment Takeda needed to be recast! Great episode!

Comment by HRG – September 30, 2012 09:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am very confused , i forgot this persons name but i thought that it was suppose to be a new guy that is coming on Revenge i saw his picture when i was reading the email , and he is very handsome i would love to see him on the show , and guys thanks for the email .

Comment by June – September 30, 2012 10:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good episode. When was the beginning boat scene said to take place? I like the promo for next week when Emily said she’s gonna take Charlotte away from Victoria.

Comment by Ally Oop – September 30, 2012 10:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It said Labor Day weekend, Block Island, RI.

Comment by susela – October 1, 2012 06:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • An AMAZING season premiere!! I was grinning the entire time!! Loved it! Can’t wait for the rest of the season.

Comment by Spencer – September 30, 2012 10:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You are NOT the only one who (delusionally) thought it was Frank. Thanks for the validation!

Comment by Bonnie – September 30, 2012 10:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too. Swore it was Frank…..

Comment by GeoDiva – October 1, 2012 01:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too!!! And I had just got finished saying that this is like a soap opera they can bring people back from the dead any time they want :) and then I heard the voice and thought OM!!! They did bring him back, but alas they did not…. Yet

Comment by Christa – October 1, 2012 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought this was a good premiere episode and I cannot wait to get into this season! Hah, I thought it was just me- when I heard that mans voice, I was like wtf, did frank rise from the dead as well. I think Takeda obviously has some sort of plan with Amanda and that she is a pawn in his game. On the Conrad and Ashley subject, those two are both underhanded and not characters that I really care for at the moment, so they can hook up, preferably off screen- as I want to spend all the extra screen time that is not on Emily and her men- on the ever charming and ever charismatic Nolan Ross! (I’m also secretly looking forward to a Victoria Vs. Emily’s mom showdown)

Comment by Madolyn – September 30, 2012 10:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was really confused about the Takeda/Amanda situation. Emily only mentioned it (offhandedly) when Nolan asked about how Amanda came back… Emily said something about Takeda bringing her but it was very briefly touched upon, and I was wondering why it wasn’t explained. Must be to keep some suspense!

Comment by Skeff – October 1, 2012 04:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thought it was Frank, too

Ita re: EW – conrad and ash

Great analysis/recap Kim!

Comment by Michael – September 30, 2012 10:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just to notify everyone, the arm floating in the wracked Amanda (the boat) has a gold wedding ring on the finger….I say that if fake-Amanda and Jack get married in the nex ten or twelve episodes, we are in trouble….I like seeing fake-Amanda around Emily, not everything can go right, otherwise no Revenge right?!?!?!?

Comment by Mariachiara Zuin (@upupafrizzante) – September 30, 2012 10:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I feel fauxmanda is a goner as well, I just feel if they were planning to keep her around she would have been promoted to a regular by now.

Comment by Mike – October 1, 2012 07:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Did you for one, logic-free moment when you heard a man’s voice on the clam-cam footage, think private investigator Frank had somehow beat death and was shacking up with Victoria in the woods? (Just me? OK.)”

No. Not just you…but I had kind of looked away from the TV, so I didn’t know what Nolan was doing exactly and at the time thought maybe there was some other footage he uncovered, So, I was minorly confused for a second until I realized who it was and what was really going on.

Now…my question is, was there a body attached to that arm in the water? I mean, sure, it’s a little gruesome to think about somebody’s arm being amputated like that, presumably still alive… but, if they’re trying to fake their death for some reason, and frame somebody else in the process, how far would they be willing to go?

Also, I wonder what “taking her daughter away” entails…I don’t think she would kill her…but could she kidnap her, or maybe “taking her away” means turning her against Victoria? I’m curious to see what the writers have up their sleeves.

Comment by Tracie – October 1, 2012 12:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think my biggest problem with Ashley has always been that I’ve never really understood her purpose – Why is she important?

I absolutely cannot wait to see how this mystery-man (Aiden) story plays out.

Loving the new Nolan. Much hotter. I feel like with his new I’m-gonna-get-myself-some-muscle-so-I-can-kick-some-ass attitude is going to be interesting to watch.

Comment by Alixandria – October 1, 2012 01:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah I’ve always wondered if Ashley has something up her sleeve – you never know. Maybe she’s been scheming this whole time, trying to get with Daniel, work her way into the family… I really wouldn’t be shocked if she has slept with Grayson or will soon.

Is it me or does Daniel not seem into her AT ALL??

Comment by Skeff – October 1, 2012 05:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You’re right. So far, they have NO chemistry. I hope she gets interesting or she needs to go. Probably going to sleep with Conrad because of the comment mentioned in this recap, and he seemed to take to her last season.

Comment by Tracie – October 1, 2012 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think Ashley has been the exact same character throughout – she is the most consistent and rolls completely under the radar. She took a crap job to work with the Graysons to promote herself. She then took advantage of Daniel’s sadness to move right in to their family. I don’t have a quarrel with her – I think her motives have been the same for the entire show. Go Ashley! I hope she screws everyone over (except Emily – she’ll cut a bitch).

Comment by Carrie – October 1, 2012 07:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Pairing Ashley with Grayson will be much more interesting and fun than having her with Daniel. She’s too scheming for Daniel and is just using him to get ahead. I would like to see her rise to the top of the Hampton food chain! … (even though it would just end in failure because both Victoria and Emily will take her down)

Comment by Keren – October 1, 2012 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes, she’s been pretty consistent as a character. She’s just useless and annoying though. She’s the second coming of Declan. It’s clear she’s just a gold digging, social climber. It’s her whole agenda and why she continued to work for Victoria, who mostly treated her like crap.

Comment by tripoli – October 1, 2012 10:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • In addition to my eager-ness to see more of Aiden, I would just like to say in the 1-2 scenes we saw him in with Emily, they already have WAY more chemistry than she ever did with Jack or Daniel.

Comment by Alixandria – October 3, 2012 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That arm better belong to Declan!

Comment by GeoDiva – October 1, 2012 01:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am really hoping for Declan too!!

Comment by amandareynolds – October 1, 2012 05:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i am the only one who doesn’t hate declan? right now jack us about a million times more annoying between the 2 porter brothers.

Comment by murley – October 4, 2012 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I laughed so much when Nolan replied “Holy Moly” to the news Victoria was alive-man I have missed him!

Comment by Megan – October 1, 2012 03:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m a bit confused because didn’t the white haired man set off the bomb?

Comment by Jake – October 1, 2012 03:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Which Victoria must have been in on since shes actually alive.

Comment by Elyse – October 1, 2012 05:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I hear that in the 2nd episode we learn about everything that happened on the plan.

Comment by iMember – October 1, 2012 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Nolan so much. Love the clam camera!

Comment by amandareynolds – October 1, 2012 05:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m calling it now. Aiden is the one in the boat. He’s this season’s dispensable extra (i.e. the new Tyler).

Comment by Buddy – October 1, 2012 06:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GREAT episode!!! So excited for this season!!

It definitely sounded like Conrad was hinting that he’d had some less-than-appropriate interactions with Ashley (hate her by the way).

What’s really bugging me is how in the heck is it possible for them to force Charlotte to stay in rehab? Like literally LOCK HER IN? Rehab is not prison, it’s often voluntary. I would think if she’s gone 60 days she’d be allowed to make the decision for herself. And it can’t be because she’s a minor and Conrad has the authority to do that, because that would make his whole devious scheme to get her declared crazy and gain control of her inheritance a moot point. I guess we’ll see……

I kept forgetting in those Emily/Charlotte scenes that Charlotte doesn’t know that she’s her sister. I mean, she knows who her sister is, but not that THAT is her sister. I would love to see Emily enlighten Charlotte more about Mommy Dearest… I figured that’s what she meant about “taking her daughter away from her.”

Comment by Sarah – October 1, 2012 06:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s what I think. Emily might consider telling Charlotte the truth, to pull her into Team Revenge.

Comment by Mikael – October 1, 2012 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How come Nolan gets to pull off the popped collar and not solicit hostility like the men from Jersey Shore?

Comment by Jenna – October 1, 2012 06:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When Nolan appeared onscreen it was AH-MAZING. I love that he buffed up.
    But I agree with Kim in that when the footage from the clam cam started I seriously thought it was Frank as well

Comment by Tash – October 1, 2012 06:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I knew from the get go the voice on the clam cam was the white haired mans… btw when does he get a name?

Comment by Sharon – October 1, 2012 06:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • White-Haired man is becoming more and more interesting. Not revealing that Emily is Amanda was an interesting choice. Wonder what he plans to do with this important piece of information. Also, the more we go further, the more I want Mike Kelley to understand that Jack doesn’t hold a candle to the other men in Emily’s life. Even the new guy with a grand total of two scenes seems a whole lot more intriguing than boring Jack. I’m hoping that it’s him at the bottom of the ocean even if I doubt it.

Comment by pol75 – October 1, 2012 07:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I Loved Love Loved this season premiere. I was on my toes the who time and my heart kept racing, sorry I just love Revenge haha.

I like that Ashley thinks she’s the new victoria, bossing people around and even hosting the events. I know alot of people hate her but I would love to see who she really is and what she wants, does she have her own revenge plan. I kinda like her and daniel, for now, I want to explore other stories not just daniel has to be with emily, I like to see more of him and ashley and see how they bring each other down.

I love Nolan hair cut, it just makes him hotter then what he was last season and my gosh can you belive hes 40 in real life, theres no way he looks like it.

I like the new char. and I love that she likes and trust emily so much,

I cant wait til next episode

Comment by fernando rodriguez (@Fernanaberry) – October 1, 2012 07:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They should have killed Victoria. Otherwise, great premiere.

Comment by JBS – October 1, 2012 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Are you kidding me?! Victoria is the only reason I watch this show! (apart from Nolan, of course)

Comment by Lucy – October 1, 2012 08:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 1. Who gives an F about Nolans sexuality.
    2. I am so glad that icy B Victoria is back.

Comment by Figgy – October 1, 2012 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My best guess is the “white haired man” is actually Emily’s Grandfather; just not sure if he’s from her mother or father’s side. He does look like an older version of her father (David Clark). I also think it may be possible that FauxManda’s baby daddy will turn out to be new character, Aiden. I’m really loving the new Takeida!! He’s much more menacing and speaks English now. And am I the only one who remember’s Nolan giving Takeida the “nod” at the Fire & Ice Ball just before he left to kill Tyler? And one more thought, though many here would like Nolan and Emily to be brother and sister; what if Nolan is her Uncle? Ah, to ponder ;P

Comment by Tracy Emert – October 1, 2012 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was thinking baby daddy could be Aiden too. Best show on TV now. Glad it’s back!

Comment by DeeDee – October 1, 2012 08:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I had that idea about Aiden being Fauxmanda’s babydaddy, too. Though I personally would hate that because it wouldjust be Fauxmanda “stealing” another one of Emily’s men. But, also, there was an article saying that Aiden would be a love interest of Emily, so fingers crossed.

Comment by Alixandria – October 3, 2012 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • KIMBERLY ROOTS – that’s exactly who I heard – Frank – when shadow man was talking to Victoria. His voice was a dead – pardon the bad pun – ringer for long departed Frank.

Otherwise I thought this was a delish season premier. But I for one hope Em stays clear of brooding Dan’l –

And I do not like the new Tekada. I feel like I’m on H5-O.

Comment by Mary N. Bucklew – October 1, 2012 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 1. Definitely thought it was Frank on the clam cam.
    2. Conrad and Trashley are totally bumping uglies.
    3. I would do dirty dirty things to Nolan. D-I-R-T-Y.

Comment by Magically Suspicious – October 1, 2012 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVED the premiere. No sophomore slump for Revenge! Emily is even more kickass and awesome. Nolan is just as awesome as Em and it was great seeing him buffing up. Charlotte has grown up a lot. Jack is making it really hard to root for him right now…. I know Daniel is supposed to be somewhat of a villain now but I’m still rooting for him to go back to the good side maybe even reconcile with emily

Comment by Sha – October 1, 2012 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the premiere. Still hate Daniel. I don’t find Jack to be too wimpy at all. He’s a good man and I don’t understand why that irks some people. Plus I love he and Nolan’s friendship. So yeah, Team Jack. I figured I’d profess my loyalty to him since a lot of fans don’t seem to like him.

Comment by Rasda – October 1, 2012 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not its not just you…when I heard the guys voice I was like “wait but isn’t he dead?” and then of course saw it was the white haired man!

Comment by Robin – October 1, 2012 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am I the only that has no doubt that Fauxmanda’s baby isn’t Jack’s?. When he mentioned getting a paternity test to her, she was defensive, and then her face as she was lying in bed said in all.

Comment by Tracie – October 1, 2012 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I also (for a split second) thought it was Frank. Sounded just like him!

Comment by vern – October 1, 2012 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A really good episode. Too bad for Victoria and Conrad that they both are after Charlotte’s money. That’s the only reason Victoria is still playing dead. Good thing Charlotte has Emily.

My thought for the arm on the boat is probably the White Haired Man.

Whose baby is Amanda carrying? It’s not Jack’s.

Always glad to see Nolan.

And yes, I also believe Ashley is sleeping (or has slept) with Conrad.

Comment by nicaw – October 1, 2012 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jack is under a lot of pressure. He is responsible for Declan (who is trying but not exactly helpful), the bar (which is on the edge all the time), Fauxmanda (whom he doesn’t love) plus Baby (which might not be his)…He lost the thing he thought he had with Emily due to circumstance and is living with the constant fear of losing everything else by doing something wrong….What do you expect? He is NOT going to be ally shiny and happy obviously and the bigger thing is that his problems aren’t all exciting and superheroy-stuff. He is fighting for th survival of his and his brothers future. As simple as that. I get that some of you are finding him depressing and boring but that is simply what he is right now. He can barely breathe- how is he supposed LIVE. I always liked Jack/Declan as counterpart to the rich/manipulative crowd. Their life is something more people have experienced and can relate to.

Daniel seems to be really down. Interesting. We will see how that goes- I find him to be the blandest character though and I don’t think it’s the writing. Sorry.

Comment by kateshomesick – October 1, 2012 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG!!!I completely was hoping that the guy was Frank too!!!

Comment by Jon – October 1, 2012 08:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What is Ashley’s agenda? Seemed in season 1 Ashley was friends with Emily, almost like they knew each other previously. I think Ashley has her own “revenge” which we will see develop slowly and will learn the reasons why even slower.

Comment by caryn – October 1, 2012 09:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Didn’t the writers say that they were planning on beginning the season 2 with a wedding flashforward? I don’t know if it was b/c season 1′s flashforward was so great, but this one just wasn’t as dramatic and exciting to me.

Comment by lara – October 1, 2012 11:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post