What to Watch Tuesday: NCIS, New Girl and 7 Other Premieres, First Dancing Results and More

On TV this Tuesday: So much good new stuff tonight! New Girl, NCIS (original and Los Angeles-flavored), Private Practice and Tosh.0 all return for a new season; Mindy Kaling’s pet Mindy Project debuts on Fox (joined by friends Ben and Kate); CBS goes to Vegas, baby; and one all-star Dancing couple hits the road. Here are 10 programs to watch for tonight.

8 pm Dancing With the Stars: All-Stars (ABC) | This season’s first results show – during which we’ll wave good-bye to the first all-star couple — features a performance by pop chart darlings Justin Bieber and Pitbull.

8 pm NCIS (CBS) | Season 10 premiere: After NCIS headquarters went boom in last season’s finale, a cross-agency manhunt is on for criminal mastermind Harper Dearing. We think the season’s opening hour is solid, and we’re in good company; Michael Weatherly says what’s on tap is the “best season ever” of TV’s most-watched drama.

8 pm New Girl (Fox) | In the first of the evening’s two new New Girl episodes, Schmidt throws himself a “rebranding” (read: “the penis cast is off!”) party, where a newly unemployed Jess serves shots alongside a jaded cocktail waitress played by guest star Parker Posey (Best in Show). The rain on Schmidt’s parade? Cece shows up with her new boyfriend (The Office’s Nelson Franklin). Then, in the official Season 2 premiere at 9 pm, Jess winds up in a dating snafu involving guest stars David Walton (Bent) and Josh Gad (The Book of Mormon); Anna Maria Horsford (Amen) visits as Winston’s disapproving mom; and Raymond Barry (Justified) tries to convince Nick that he’s Nick of the Future.

8:30 pm Ben and Kate (Fox) | Series premiere: Aimless Ben (Nat Faxon) moves in with his hyper-responsible sister Kate (The Social Network’s Dakota Johnson) and her daughter (Maggie Elizabeth Jones) when the ladies find themselves down on their luck. Lucy Punch (The Class) and Echo Kellum co-star as the siblings’ besties.

RELATED | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Scoop on 47 Shows

9 pm NCIS: Los Angeles (CBS) | Season 4 premiere: Hetty’s adjusting to retired life and Callen’s on suspension after shooting The Chameleon in last season’s finale. What’s that? You want scoop? Well, since you’ve been so good…

9:30 pm The Mindy Project (Fox) | Series premiere: The Office’s Mindy Kaling – who also created this new sitcom — stars as hopelessly romantic OB/GYN working in an office full of characters played by Chris Messina (Damages), British actor Ed Weeks, Anna Camp (The Good Wife), Amanda Setton (Gossip Girl) and Stephen Tobolowsky (Glee). To kick things off, The Office’s Ed Helms and Saturday Night Live’s Bill Hader guest-star as Kaling’s (fleeting) love interests. We liked the pilot — it’s the best of the new fall comedies — and based on a highly scientific TVLine poll, the majority of you are looking forward to it, too!

RELATED | Fall TV Grid: What’s on When? And Versus What?

10 pm Private Practice (ABC) | Season 6 premiere: As star Kate Walsh’s final 13 episodes begin, Addison makes a decision about her two hot suitors, Pete doesn’t show up to his preliminary court hearing and Charlotte shares a secret with Cooper.

10 pm Vegas (CBS) | Series premiere: Dennis Quaid stars as rancher-turned-sheriff Ralph Lamb, who finds himself running up against the Mob – and in particular, Michael Chiklis (The Shield) as Chicago gangster/casino resort boss Vincent Savino – as he tries to police Sin City in the 1960s. Carrie-Anne Moss (The Matrix) and Jason O’Mara (Terra Nova) also star.

10 pm Tosh.0 (Comedy Central) | Fall premiere: If someone posted it on your Facebook page, you’ll probably see it lambasted in this half hour of Internet novelties, back for another round. And if you like host Daniel Tosh…

10:30 pm Brickleberry (Comedy Central) | … stick around for the series premiere of his new animated comedy about the dysfunctional rangers at Brickleberry National Park.

Comments (35)

• I have watched the Mindy Project pilot and it was OK but IMO Go on was a lot better…

Comment by JJ – September 25, 2012 04:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, I liked Go On a lot more than the Mindy Project, I think it is easily the best new comedy that I’ve seen. I was a bit disappointed with MP, but I love Mindy Kaling and I’ll stick with it for a few more episodes.

Comment by laurenfrancesm – September 25, 2012 06:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I liked the Mindy Project pilot, but I was a bit disappointed. Go On is a lot more enjoyable for me and I am really looking forward to it tonight. Probably DVRing the Mindy Project.

Comment by CJ – September 25, 2012 07:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Go On was terribly unfunny, uncomfortable and one of the worst pilots of the Fall. I am certain it will be cancelled.

Comment by Thilia – September 25, 2012 08:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So far the ratings say differently.

Comment by tp – September 25, 2012 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i expected to like the mindy project, and did, but i liked ben and kate a lot more. i am surprised it seems to be getting so little attention. it is the pilot i am actually going to watch again despite having already seen it online. also can’t wait for new new girl!

Comment by murley – September 25, 2012 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sons of Anarchy
    Vegas

Comment by Balaji K – September 25, 2012 05:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NCIS!!!! :)

Comment by Kim R – September 25, 2012 05:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Defiantly Private Practice. I need to see Addison say “no” to Sam and getting it on with her real man, Jake.

Comment by Jarrod Mitchell – September 25, 2012 05:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • New girl! I missed you Nick! And I might DVR Vegas and see how it goes.

Comment by Danielle – September 25, 2012 05:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very excited for NCIS!

Comment by Andrea – September 25, 2012 06:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please get rid of the adverts with sound they’re SO annoying especially if you have multiple windows open at the same time

Comment by Kay – September 25, 2012 06:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PARENTHOOD!!!

Comment by Eric – September 25, 2012 06:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m taking both episodes of new girl, and watch PP live and dvr sons of anarchy….its going to be a great night!

Comment by Jose – September 25, 2012 06:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m watching New Girl!! So excited to see Schmidt back on my TV!!! I might check out The Mindy Project too. Can’t decide which to watch live between Private Practice and Criminal Minds (thank you CTV for airing it early!)

Comment by Sarah – September 25, 2012 06:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oo Criminal Minds is airing tonight in Canada? Thanks for the headsup, I would have missed it! Do you know if its staying on Tuesdays permanently?

Comment by mia – September 25, 2012 08:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think CTV is airing it Tuesdays at 10pm the whole season (according to Wikipedia). I wouldn’t have known either but fortunately there was a commercial for it during Castle last night!

Comment by Sarah – September 25, 2012 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NCIS YES!!

Comment by Hope – September 25, 2012 06:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No mention of Go On or The New Normal?

Comment by Shelbee – September 25, 2012 06:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am pretty sure they seem to focus on just premieres during premiere week. But I’m loving The New Normal too!

Comment by Danyelle – September 25, 2012 07:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parenthood live, DVRing Private Practice

Comment by Becks – September 25, 2012 07:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will Parker Posey ever return to The Good Wife? I liked her on that show

Comment by nikki – September 25, 2012 07:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hoping New Girl is better this season. It has potential, but I’m losing interest.

Comment by Babybop – September 25, 2012 07:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Private Practice & Parenthood and next week Hart of Dixie

Comment by fernando rodriguez (@Fernanaberry) – September 25, 2012 08:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Watching DWTS and DVRing Go On and The New Normal. I saw B&K on demand and will be watching next week.

Comment by nick1372 – September 25, 2012 09:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely looking forward to NCIS tonight. Also gonna catch “New Girl” and check out “Vegas”. Thanks for doing this every week. It helps. :)

Comment by Natalie – September 25, 2012 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for Hart of Dixie and Happy Endings to come back in October. Right now Tuesday is kind of a blah night. I can catch up on my PVR Monday night shows that I missed because there is so much packed in on Monday.

Comment by Gerald – September 25, 2012 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SOA… No brainer.

Comment by mcljess – September 25, 2012 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No brainer…. NCIS at the top of the list, NCIS:LA next, New Girl and then maybe one of the others, though not really captured by the concepts of the new shows.

Comment by Liana in San Diego – September 25, 2012 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow…I guess my Tuesday TV choices are totally different from TV Line’s. I’m looking forward to The Voice, Go On, The New Normal and especially the wonderful Parenthood.

Comment by Trent – September 25, 2012 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Private Practice of course, New Girl, Go On, and Parenthood and that’s it, gonna be a good night

Comment by Juan – September 25, 2012 11:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • New girl, ben and Kate, new girl, private practice
    woah Tv

Comment by l – September 25, 2012 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I gotta watch New Girl now if Parker Posey is on. Now there’s an actress who can do no wrong in my eyes. Also have to watch Parenthood, Sons of Anarchy, and Go On, if it’s on. I can definitely skip Tosh! Though I am curious to know if he puts on that really great internet video of the French cat who has a case of the ennuis. That’s the best thing I’ve ever seen on the internet in my life. It has made the invention of the Internet totally worth it for me that that thing exists online. Just google Henri 2 Paw de Deux on youtube if you’re interested in seeing it. You won’t be disappointed.
    One day, one day it will be a Tuesdays and I’ll be able to say, Justified is on tonight! One day, one day. I can’t wait for it.

Comment by Britta Unfiltered – September 25, 2012 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • counting down the minutes until NCIS is on!

Comment by Steph – September 25, 2012 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Its all comedies tonight on Fox & NBC: New Girl, Ben & Kate, Mindy Project, Go On, and The New Normal

Comment by tvaddict – September 25, 2012 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post