Good Wife Scoop: True Blood's Carrie Preston Back For Multiple Episodes

The Good Wife Season 4This is indeed very Good news: True Blood‘s Carrie Preston is headed back to The Good Wife.

The actress will reprise her (shoulda-been-Emmy-nominated) role as hilariously kooky attorney Elsbeth Tascioni for multiple episodes later this fall, TVLine has confirmed.

It’s unclear if Elsbeth will once again be brought in to lend a helping hand to Lockhart Gardner. During her first stint in Season 3, she helped Alicia fend off the Department of the Treasury. She returned later in the season to represent Will against bribery charges.

PHOTOS | The Good Wife Reunites Alicia and [Spoiler]

The Good Wife‘s fourth season premieres Sunday, Sept. 30 at 9/8c on CBS.

1. RichieOnTV says:

How Martha Plimpton got the Guest Actress Emmy nom over Carrie Preston is beyond me.

2. Hurley says:

BEST NEWS EVER!! I love her. And she is married to Benjamin Linus. Isn’t she perfect, guys?

3. Nicole says:

This season just gets better and better sounding!

4. This is one casting I have been waiting for! How many episodes is “multiple” though? 3? 4?

5. Lorie says:

Awesome!!

6. mspenn1013 says:

Yipeee!!! Love her character!

7. Yes!!! She’s my favourite guest star, and the Good Wife has the best guest stars on tv. Absolutely love her TGW, I feel like it gives her the chance to shine the way True Blood usually doesn’t.

• Mel says:

I completely agree. She is so much more interesting as Elsbeth than she is as Arlene on TB.

• Caro says:

“The Good Wife has the best guest stars on tv” – SO TRUE! We got Carrie Preston as Elsbeth Tascioni, Michael J. Fox, Rita Wilson, and now Stockard Channing! They all ROCK! And let’s not forget about Mamie Gummer as Nancy Crozier, she always made me laugh. But Elsbeth totally rocked!

8. Caro says:

Good news! I reallly liked her character; the fact that she seems totally unorganised but is one smart cookie who outwits everybody! Too bad she was snubbed in the Emmy nominations.

9. Ryan says:

“During her first stint in Season 3…” – Not sure if the article is intentionally only talking about her hilariously awesome handful of episodes in the third season or if it’s accidentally forgetting that Carrie Preston was also in the first season.

10. Thomas says:

Great to hear Carrie is going to be back on the show. Her appearances are always a delight.

11. Martin says:

I’d sort of hate it and love it, But it might be cool to have her go up against Alicia for a change.

12. Leah says:

Awesome! She is my favorite guest star. And that is really saying something, since this is The Good Wife.

13. This is exciting news. She was fabulous in the role. though she’s pretty much awesome in everything. To that end, I also hope she pops up on Person of Interest, perhaps a flashback so she can actually be in a scene with Michael Emerson? That would be keen.

14. mia says:

WOOT!!!! This is awesome!! I love her

15. Fan says:

YES YES YES YES YES! I saw her on Royal Pains last week and thought to myself, “she needs to be back on TGW!” yay! awesome! so excited!

16. Mark says:

I like her character a lot too! I don’t want to see her face off against Alicia though. I only want them to be on the same side.

17. That’s excellent news!
    I love her and her character and she should have been nominated for sure!!!