Fall TV Preview

Good Wife Scoop: True Blood's Carrie Preston Back For Multiple Episodes

The Good Wife Season 4This is indeed very Good news: True Blood‘s Carrie Preston is headed back to The Good Wife.

The actress will reprise her (shoulda-been-Emmy-nominated) role as hilariously kooky attorney Elsbeth Tascioni for multiple episodes later this fall, TVLine has confirmed.

It’s unclear if Elsbeth will once again be brought in to lend a helping hand to Lockhart Gardner. During her first stint in Season 3, she helped Alicia fend off the Department of the Treasury. She returned later in the season to represent Will against bribery charges.

PHOTOS | The Good Wife Reunites Alicia and [Spoiler]

The Good Wife‘s fourth season premieres Sunday, Sept. 30 at 9/8c on CBS.

Comments (25)

• How Martha Plimpton got the Guest Actress Emmy nom over Carrie Preston is beyond me.

Comment by RichieOnTV – September 14, 2012 08:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • WORD! Lockhart Gardner needs to make her a partner STAT!

Comment by KevyB – September 15, 2012 12:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • YES PLEASE! I so LOVE her character! I missed her. Can’t wait for her to return, let’s hope for multiple episodes and yes I would love her to join L&G!

Comment by Caro – October 25, 2012 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Thumbs up to that post!

Comment by Scott – January 26, 2013 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AGREE! I like Martha Plimpton and her character Patty is great but she didn’t really stand out in The Dream Team unlike her previous episodes. Where as Carrie Preston’s Elsbeth made a more memorable impression helping Alicia on that story with the Treasury.

Comment by Ethan – September 15, 2012 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Serious WORD. Preston was awesome.

Comment by Ella – September 16, 2012 08:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BEST NEWS EVER!! I love her. And she is married to Benjamin Linus. Isn’t she perfect, guys?

Comment by Hurley – September 14, 2012 08:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This season just gets better and better sounding!

Comment by Nicole – September 14, 2012 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is one casting I have been waiting for! How many episodes is “multiple” though? 3? 4?

Comment by Jarrod Mitchell – September 14, 2012 09:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome!!

Comment by Lorie – September 14, 2012 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yipeee!!! Love her character!

Comment by mspenn1013 – September 14, 2012 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes!!! She’s my favourite guest star, and the Good Wife has the best guest stars on tv. Absolutely love her TGW, I feel like it gives her the chance to shine the way True Blood usually doesn’t.

Comment by laurenfrancesm – September 14, 2012 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I completely agree. She is so much more interesting as Elsbeth than she is as Arlene on TB.

Comment by Mel – September 15, 2012 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “The Good Wife has the best guest stars on tv” – SO TRUE! We got Carrie Preston as Elsbeth Tascioni, Michael J. Fox, Rita Wilson, and now Stockard Channing! They all ROCK! And let’s not forget about Mamie Gummer as Nancy Crozier, she always made me laugh. But Elsbeth totally rocked!

Comment by Caro – October 25, 2012 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good news! I reallly liked her character; the fact that she seems totally unorganised but is one smart cookie who outwits everybody! Too bad she was snubbed in the Emmy nominations.

Comment by Caro – September 14, 2012 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “During her first stint in Season 3…” – Not sure if the article is intentionally only talking about her hilariously awesome handful of episodes in the third season or if it’s accidentally forgetting that Carrie Preston was also in the first season.

Comment by Ryan – September 14, 2012 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great to hear Carrie is going to be back on the show. Her appearances are always a delight.

Comment by Thomas – September 14, 2012 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d sort of hate it and love it, But it might be cool to have her go up against Alicia for a change.

Comment by Martin – September 14, 2012 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome! She is my favorite guest star. And that is really saying something, since this is The Good Wife.

Comment by Leah – September 14, 2012 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is exciting news. She was fabulous in the role. though she’s pretty much awesome in everything. To that end, I also hope she pops up on Person of Interest, perhaps a flashback so she can actually be in a scene with Michael Emerson? That would be keen.

Comment by Kerri (@klberney) – September 14, 2012 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WOOT!!!! This is awesome!! I love her

Comment by mia – September 14, 2012 07:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES YES YES YES YES! I saw her on Royal Pains last week and thought to myself, “she needs to be back on TGW!” yay! awesome! so excited!

Comment by Fan – September 14, 2012 08:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like her character a lot too! I don’t want to see her face off against Alicia though. I only want them to be on the same side.

Comment by Mark – September 14, 2012 10:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s excellent news!
    I love her and her character and she should have been nominated for sure!!!

Comment by Alex / AnimeGirl – September 15, 2012 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post