Exclusive

Exclusive Once Upon a Time First Look: The Season 2 Poster Is Ssssmokin'!

Once Upon a Time “savior” Emma Swan may now be a believer, but her troubles are far from over, judging by the key art poster fans chose via Facebook for Season 2.

RELATED | Fall TV Spectacular: Scoop on Once Upon a Time‘s New Snow/Charming Dilemma, Plus Spoilers on 46 Other Returning Shows

As ABC’s fantastical drama brought Season 1 to a close, Mr. Gold aka Rumplestiltskin plunked a flask of potion into a well whose waters restore that which has been taken away. In turn, a lotta purple smoke enveloped Storybrooke, bringing magic to the sleepy burg. Kick-ass Emma, seen here sword in hand, will be among those on the defensive now that Rumple, Regina/Evil Queen and others have their bags of tricks back.

VIDEO | Once Upon a Time‘s Season 2 Promo Is Pure Magic

Once, which was last year’s highest-rated new drama, kicks off Season 2 on Sunday, Sept. 30 at 8/7c, preceded by a recap hour narrated by Giancarlo Esposito (who in Season 1 played Sydney/Magic Mirror).

1. Pearl says:

Okay… Good concept… BAD PHOTOSHOP!

2. iMember says:

It is clear where you can see the photoshop in it all, but what are you going to do, right? That said, I wish they used something more “fairytale-like” for the “Magic is coming” line. It seems a little too simple. However, this is just a poster and I CANNOT WAIT to for Season 2.

Now, more REVENGE posters please!!! <3

3. Carda says:

horrible photoshop but… DAT ASS :D

4. Frivolouswhim says:

I’m always horribly disillusioned when shows can’t get someone with decent Photoshop skills. The concept is neat, the execution is not up to par. IMO anyway.

5. i like it ;)
    can’t wait to be back to Storybrooke

6. xav says:

That is…really embarrassing. They couldn’t even be bothered to render smoke, just has someone take a photo of clouds from an airplane and tinted them purple

7. k. says:

It kind of looks like the cover of YA novel…take that for what you will.

8. yut says:

I like it! Now snow&charming and regina&rumpel poster!

9. Mikael says:

I love Emma’s signature leather jacket.

10. Lee says:

I like the idea, but the smoke looks very weird and nothing like the purple smoke on the show. And is that really Jennifer Morrison? Looks a bit like a stunt double or a stand in.

11. Michelle says:

Seriously, I know 15 year olds with better Photoshop skills. What gives, ABC?

12. Alex says:

Does ABC need people who can photoshop better? Jeez, the concept posters for this one and Castle have been amazing… but that photoshop job is horrible on both!

• Stella says:

Totally agree! I can’t even look at Nathan Fillion’s face in that photoshoot. He looks SO fake!!!

• Emily says:

Really? I hate the Castle concepts. This year and last year’s posters are basically the same close-ups of Fillion and Katic, but with their hands in different positions. ABC is generally terrible with art though. I cringe whenever the Revenge title card appears on screen.

13. Stormy says:

Thank goodness the show is far better than the art.

14. Andrea says:

ABC really needs some help in the photoshop department..all of their posters so far have been photoshop happy! This one and the Castle poster both have amazing and likeable concepts but geez, someone needs to learn that less is more!

15. The CW lend its Art Department monkeys to ABC it seems

16. Heather says:

I have my bachelor’s degree in art with a concentration in graphic design….ABC, please hire me to help you execute your Once Upon a Time posters! The show is awesome and deserves fabulous posters to promote it this year. Fantastic concept but needs a little bit of artistic help! =)

17. rachelle says:

did her legs and ass really need to be so photoshopped??? Jen has a nice figure!! ABC just takes the cake with bad photoshopping. aside from that… JM looks pretty badass w/ that sword and i’m crazy excited for OUAT to come back!!

• Izzy says:

I know! I’m fine with the smoke since it’s magic who knows what kind of smoke that is. But her legs and behind?! And I thought women mags were bad. When it’s hard to tell whether this person is actually JM or not, I think it’s safe to say the photoshop has gone too far!

18. cjeffery7 says:

chill on the bad photoshop ya’ll, if there’s one i can lovingly say about Once Upon A Time, it’s that it’s special effects and all things related tend to be underwhelming. ALSO, “Magic Is Coming” or “WINTER IS COMING”?? lol. GoT is taking over!

19. GeoDiva says:

Can we please get rid of that ugly red leather jacket?

20. LZ says:

there were much better fan made mixes of the concept ideas.

21. Brandy says:

I think this is an Emma barbie doll. Just saying. Her legs don’t look real enough to convince me they’re real, ya know? Proportions are WAY off, but then again….I did vote for this picture to be the official (well, not THIS photo per-say, but other one…the one with her hair in a bun) and in that photo, she wasn’t all fake looking.

22. John says:

eh. and not an emma fan.

23. What is it about fairy tales?From age 4 to now 84 always loved reading now watching!Once and Grimm are as facinating as that BLUE BOOK OF FAIRY TALES from my little girl past!

24. Emily says:

the magic wouldn’t be referring to the magic of photoshop would they? because the poster clearly needs some