TVLine Items: Taxi Vet Judd Hirsch Visits Good Wife, Entourage Movie Update and More!

The Good Wife Judd HirschVeteran actor Judd Hirsch is robing up for The Good Wife.

TVLine has learned exclusively that the Taxi alum will drop by Season 4 of the CBS legal drama (bowing Sept. 30) later this fall as a judge.

RELATED | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Scoop on The Good Wife and 45 Other Returning Shows

In addition, CBS announced Wednesday that controversial comedian Bill Maher, host of HBO’s Real Time With Bill Maher, will appear as himself on an episode this season.

Hirsch — who counts Damages and Numb3rs as recent TV credits — and Maher join Wife‘s expansive list of upcoming guest stars, including Maura Tierney, Brian Dennehy, John Shea, Christina Ricci and Kristin Chenoweth, among others.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

If you’re still holding out hope for an Entourage flick, it’s your lucky day: Deadline reports that series creator Doug Ellin is nearly finished with the screenplay, which picks up about six months after the HBO series, which wrapped last year. “There are interesting developments about Ari as a studio head,” the showrunner reveals. “But foremost is the friendship between the guys, who are still hanging out and going to fun parties, and it continues with the same characters.”

• Black Eyed Peas frontman will.i.am has been named mentor of Britney Spears’ X Factor team, TV Guide Magazine has learned.

• Dancing With the Stars vet Gilles Marini has been bumped to series regular on Switched at Birth after having recurred on the ABC Family drama during the first half of Season 1, Deadline reports.

Jason Lee has booked a Men at Work guest spot, TVGuide.com reports. He’ll appear in Season 2 of the TBS comedy (bowing in 2013) as the guys’ annoying co-worker.

• June Diane Raphael (New Girl) has been tapped to recur in NBC’s freshman comedy Animal Practice. Per The Hollywood Reporter, the Upright Citizens Brigade alum joins as the veterinary office’s newest hire, a doctor who will keep Justin Kirk’s leading man on his toes. Animal Practice bows Wednesday, Sept. 26.

RELATED | Elementary Exclusive: Newsroom Actor Nabs Guest Spot as Sherlock’s Ally

Jon Michael Hill (Detroit 187) has been made a series regular on CBS’ Sherlock-centric drama Elementary, where he plays a detective, Deadline reports.

Recording artist Ne-Yo will make a cameo in 90210‘s upcoming fifth season, TVGuide.com reports, appearing opposite Adrianna (Jessica Lowndes) at LA’s famed Hollywood Bowl.

Bravo announced Wednesday the development of five new scripted series: Heathers is a modern-day update of the ’80s cult hit; The Apartment centers on two adult children who rent out their late mother’s love nest to those engaged in extramarital affairs; The Darlings is the story of a wealthy, Upper East Side family impacted by a Ponzi scheme; All American Girl spans three time periods and centers on three women at the titular lifestyle magazine; and the family drama Rita is based on a Danish series about an acerbic teacher and mother.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (15)

• Is anyone actually holding out for the Entourage movie? That series finale was such garbage…why would someone want to see what happens next?

Comment by Charles – September 12, 2012 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • well it lasted for something like 8 seasons so maybe there is quite a few people who would want to see it

Comment by Alan – September 12, 2012 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was a little disapointed with the finale, but I loved the show. I would for sure see the movie.

Comment by Natasha – September 12, 2012 05:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Sex & the City had a so so finale and a better movie to wrap up storylines. Maybe Entourage will be the same? The boys never grew up & I think there’s potential solid material in storylines that explore their friendships as more “mature” adults.

Comment by Sam – September 12, 2012 09:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so disappointed that Good Wife is bringing Bill Maher on. It is going to make it very difficult for me to watch. Please tell me it is for one episode.

Comment by Bobbi – September 12, 2012 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why because he is a liberal? If you don’t like watching liberals than you should just stop watching TV or movies because everyone in hollywood is.

Comment by James – September 12, 2012 01:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m a liberal and I won’t be watching anything with Maher in it. He’s a jerk.

Comment by Brody – September 12, 2012 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Oh he’s a sexist grade-a a**hole, but I like him more than I hate him and I’m looking forward to him on TGW

Comment by mia – September 12, 2012 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Did I say that? I could care less about his politics. He’s a misogynistic ass.

Comment by Bobbi – September 12, 2012 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Bobbi, I agree with you 100%. This is the only bad casting I have seen from TGW.

Comment by Olivia – September 12, 2012 06:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The will.i.am think is funny considering he is on the UK version of The Voice

Comment by Martin – September 12, 2012 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Need TGW premiere like I need air!

Comment by Saint Alicia – September 12, 2012 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • June Diane Raphael is awesome, but Animal Practice is not the show I want her on. I don’t know what show I DO want her on, but I know it’s not that.

Comment by CJ – September 12, 2012 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So excited about June on Animal Practice. Loved the pilot and love her. A totally absurd show and I’m sure she’ll be great on it.

Comment by Jonathon – September 12, 2012 06:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A wealthy Upper East Side family named the Darlings? Are the creators of Dirty Sexy Money planning a lawsuit?

Comment by Joe – September 13, 2012 06:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post