Fall TV Preview

Fall TV First Look: The CW Unveils Key Art for Arrow, Beauty and the Beast and Emily Owens

The CW has released its key art posters for all three of the network’s new dramas, and they all have something in common: They aim to get your heart pumping (or at least try to, in Dr. Emily Owens’ case).

RELATED | Fall TV Grid — What’s On When? And Versus What?

The poster for Arrow (premiering Wednesday, Oct. 10 at 8/7c, leading into Supernatural) capitalizes on series lead Stephen Amell’s “OK” chiseled looks. Beauty and the Beast (Thursday, Oct. 11 at 9 pm, after Vampire Diaries), meanwhile, plays up the intense juxtaposition of the titular twosome, military-experiment-gone-wrong Vincent (played by Jay Ryan) and gorg’ police detective Catherine (Smallville vet Kristin Kreuk). Warning: The tagline for the latter of those two may give you a Bee Gees earworm; I at least am stuck with one.

On the much, much lighter side, Emily Owens, M.D. (Tuesday, Oct. 16 at 9 pm, paired with Hart of Dixie) highlights Good Wife alum Mamie Gummer’s adorkable, unlucky-in-love doc.

RELATED | Fall TV Preview: 25 Fresh Faces That Are on Our Radar — and Should Be on Yours

You can also get ready for fall with our previews of The CW’s returning dramas Gossip GirlThe Vampire Diaries, Supernatural (also watch video) and Nikita (watch video), and get caught up on the latest Hart of Dixie scoops and 90210 news (including an Olympic-sized guest star)

Comments (28)

• As terrible and twee as I think ‘Emily Owens’ looks, I think that’s clever key art and likely suits the show.

Comment by AW – August 16, 2012 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Crap, crap and more crap. Emily Owens looks HORRIBLE. Umm, Scrubs did that promo before. Beauty and the Beast may be ok, I like Kristin K and there is a LUX alumni in there. Love Katie Cassidy but not interested in Arrow. God I miss LUX, RINGER and Veronica Mars.

Comment by lorna – August 18, 2012 10:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really adore EO’s poster. The other two are very lame.

Comment by kavyn – August 16, 2012 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m sorry but do you not see his abs?

Comment by Mark – August 16, 2012 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That is all I see. I can’t even move on to the other posters.

Comment by Sarah – August 16, 2012 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Exactly. WOW.

Comment by Renee – August 16, 2012 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kristin Kreuk is one of the hottest women on TV. True story…

Comment by Jay – August 16, 2012 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Emily Owens, M.D. poster takes me back to my Scrubs days! I love it.

Comment by Fabe – August 16, 2012 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You have me at abs…I mean Arrow.

Comment by mayiread – August 16, 2012 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They’re using the abs to attract the female demo, Beauty & the Beast looks compelling and Emily Owens MD looks much lighter, like a romcom poster. They look really good.

Comment by Peeta – August 16, 2012 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not interested in Arrow. Loved the original Beauty and the Beast but that poster does not make me want to watch the new one. I’d like to watch Emily Owens because I am a fan of Mamie Gummer but after having invested alot of time in Privileged, Life Unexpected and Ringer, I’m not so sure tuning in to it is a good idea.

Comment by april-ann – August 16, 2012 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I really understand what you are saying because I too watch Privileged, Life Unexpected and Ringer, but I will still watch EOMD.

Comment by Prue – August 16, 2012 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah Prue, I know I will too. I’m alot of talk (lol).

Comment by april-ann – August 16, 2012 07:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really like the Arrow poster, and the fact that it alludes to the torment and torture Oliver endured to become Green Arrow. I’m looking forward to seeing a darker side of that character than what we saw on Smallville. The poster for Beauty and the Beast looks alright, but I’m not a huge Kristin Kreuk fan, so I’m not sure whether I’ll be watching it or not. Emily Owens looks like a cute show, but I’m still on the fence about it as well.

Comment by Mikaylah – August 16, 2012 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sorry but the Arrow one is a copy from a 2001 Smallville poster and I’m not the first one to notice it.

Comment by Ale – August 16, 2012 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really looking forward to Arrow (and in midseason, Cult). Not sure what to think about this poster. On the one hand, I’m sick of their promoting the show with so much emphasis on Stephen Amell’s abs; we get it, he’s hot as hell, can we get a little less shallow and focus on the plot? Reminds me of how they constantly promoted Nikita with Maggie Q in a bikini/underwear. Nikita actually turned out to be a fantastic show; let’s hope the same is true for Arrow.
    On the other hand, I *was* a little shocked by how graphically scarred his body is. This show definitely looks like it’s going much darker than the CW’s usual brand. I hope they can pull off this kind of insightful look into the hero’s damaged psyche, which is no mean feat.

Comment by Alex Forrest (@AlexForrest5) – August 16, 2012 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And Matt…”Warning: The tagline for the latter of those two may give you a Bee Gees earworm; I at least am stuck with one.” I got it and laughed out loud.

Comment by Renee – August 16, 2012 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “How brave is your love?” just reads to me: “Are you brave enough to stay with someone who may be physically abusive?”

Comment by Kate – August 16, 2012 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh I see that the resident Chuck Bass hater is here. Eyeroll

Arrow looks so amazing and I dont even know what a Green Arrow is. This poster for Beauty and the Beast is making me rethink my intial decesion not to watch it. Its paired with TVD, right?!

I have to say, CW’s schedule looks really promising. If they have a couple seasons with really strong shows that are young, how would the fit them all in?!?!? Did I just ahead of myself?

Comment by BL – August 16, 2012 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looking forward to Emily Owens. Should be fun!

Comment by Lena – August 16, 2012 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And Arrow wins. That is a HOT poster.

Comment by itsme – August 16, 2012 05:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really looking forward to Beauty and the Beast. Looks like an awesome lead actor pairing!

Comment by Fran – August 16, 2012 10:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Arrow!!! :Q________________

Comment by albtrex – August 17, 2012 03:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely looking forward to Beauty and the Beast!

Comment by Juliette – August 17, 2012 07:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All the posters are good. I see Emily Owens MD as the first canceled.

Comment by dude – August 21, 2012 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That is Beauty And The Beast really? NO! The real series of the 80s was a heck of allot better, Vincent was really a beast, played very well by Ron Perlman, this is just wrong!As to be expected by the CW, of course their not going to pass up the chance to have some romance with some so called hunky guy and a pretty girl by being true to the story!

Comment by Clara Johnson (@claramjAnnaTorv) – August 22, 2012 03:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. I adored the original as a kid. Own it on DVD.
      I will be giving it a shot regardless of my concerns. Maybe it will surprise me.

I’m worried that it’ll be too “teenified” especially as Kristin looks too young to have made detective rank. I like Kreuk but she still looks more like she should be a beat cop struggling to launch herself upwards into detective ranks. A lot of fodder there for Vincent to protect & help her.

I’m also a firm believer that Vincent should look much more altered like the original (that makeup was superb… ahead of it’s time). If that’s the extent… It’s going to be a struggle

Comment by megalion – August 26, 2012 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post