TVLine Items: B&B's Ridge Recast Plan, Hilary Duff Plots TV Return, Lost Vet Gets Hot and More

Will The Bold and the Beautiful‘s Ridge Forrester be — gasp! — recast?

According to the CBS soap’s showrunner Bradley Bell, it’s a very real possibility.

Unlike a vast majority of shocking daytime TV exits, “Ridge will not be dead or presumed dead” following his Sept. 14 swan song, Bell tells TV Guide Magazine. Rather, “He will just not be in the picture” following his and Brooke’s honeymoon, which means that “at some point it will be necessary for Ridge to return to the show” — very likely in the form of a different actor.

“I do have people in mind in terms of a recast,” says Bell, who hints he may go younger than Moss, now 60. “Some very interesting people.”

Readers, who would you cast as Ridge? Ted King? Michael E. Knight? Michael Lowry? The Hoff? Hit comments!

RELATED | Ronn Moss Addresses Shocking Bold and the Beautiful Exit: ‘All Good Things End Eventually’

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• Lizzie McGuire is eying a return to TV. Deadline reports that Hilary Duff has signed a talent/development deal with 20th Century Fox TV to develop, star in and produce a half-hour comedy. The onetime Disney starlet has laid low in recent years, guest-starring on both Community and Gossip Girl.

•Bridesmaids standout Wendi McLendon-Covey and Saturday Night Live alumna Michaela Watkins will play a lesbian couple in Modern Family‘s upcoming Season 4 (premiering Sept. 26), EW.com reports. Seems little Lily is still up to no good in the new year when she gets in a fight with the ladies’ son on the first day of kindergarten.

RELATED | Modern Family Season 4: Baby ‘Fallout,’ Claire’s Jealousy, Cam’s New [Spoiler] and More!

• TV’s go-to guy Alan Dale (Lost, Once Upon a Time, The Killing, etc.) has booked a multi-ep arc on Hot in Cleveland. Per TV Guide Magazine, he’ll play an Oscar-winning actor who falls for Wendie Malick’s Victoria when they are both cast in a Woody Allen film.

• NBC has given a script order to a Beverly Hills-based legal drama from Entourage producers Mark Wahlberg and Stephen Levinson, per The Hollywood Reporter.

• Press PLAY below for a new preview of BBC America’s first original scripted drama Copper, premiering this Sunday at 10 pm.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (66)

• They’ll be shooting themself in the foot if they recast Ridge. I would just have Ridge presumed dead. fans won’t accept a recast

Comment by Lynn – August 14, 2012 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • EXACTLY. Boo for the recast!

Comment by lipsticksocialism – August 15, 2012 04:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • longtime soap vet J. Eddie Peck (Y&R, AMC, & Days) would be the
      ultimate choice. I saw him MC a charity event a year ago and he’s
      still just as gorgeous.
      A good replacement for RM: same coloring, handsome, and younger,
      which is evidently were B&B wants to go.

Comment by sunni – August 21, 2012 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree! He would be a good choice. He has the looks, talent, experience. Would love to see this happen. Love this guy!

Comment by Pam – August 21, 2012 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I totally agree! J. Eddie Peck would be my choice too. I always thought he and Ronn Moss resembled each other. Actually, I met Ronn a few years back and I told him he reminded me of J. Eddie Peck, who I’ve met a few times — tall, dark hair, gorgeous and some of the same mannerisms. Ronn responded that others had told him that as well. I think J. Eddie Peck would also have great chemistry with Kathryn Kelly Lang and would make a great Forrester!

Comment by AnneMarie D. – August 23, 2012 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Absolutely! I’ve missed seeing J. Eddie on my TV. Hopefully TPTB are reading these posts. I’ve already sent an email to B&B.

Comment by Janie – August 23, 2012 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I totally agree. We need to see J Eddie Peck back on our TV screens. It’s been too long and it’s a waste not to use his talents on B&B. They could use an exciting addition to their cast. He has the charisma that is perfect for this genre!!

Comment by mapope – August 26, 2012 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • J. Eddie Peck was a popular fan favorite on Y&R and would be a perfect recast as Ridge on B&B.

Comment by Clarence – August 27, 2012 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Here’s another idea — even if B&B doesn’t recast “Ridge”– why not bring J. Eddie Peck to the show to stir up trouble between Katie and Bill? Wouldn’t it be great to have J. Eddie Peck and Heather Tom working together again?

Comment by AnneMarie D. – September 5, 2012 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I love ATWT ex-Brad but unless he`s really aged I can`t see him a Thomas & Steffy`s dad…he just looks too young.

Comment by Tara – October 22, 2012 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • wow. could only think of one actor who could feel these big shoes … all my children vet J. Eddie Peck — pleasegive these serious condideration. he has a loyal soap opera following !!!!!!!

Comment by frank turchioe – August 27, 2012 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Recast!!! Could be an interesting change!

Comment by Monica – October 17, 2012 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can they find another actor who’s that bad?

Comment by TV Gord – August 14, 2012 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Can they find an actor who doesn’t look like someone drew him? He’s very John Derek.

Comment by Templar – August 14, 2012 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My thoughts exactly–it amazes me that someone can do that many years on a soap in a major role and still be such a terrible actor (although Katherine Kelly Lang gives him a run for his money). I do love “This Time I’m in it for Love,” “Prisoner of Your Love” and “If Looks Could Kill” though.

Comment by CJ – August 14, 2012 06:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Robert Kelker Kelly. He would be just as bad as when he replaced Peter Reckell as Bo on Days of Our Lives.

Comment by Beau – October 17, 2012 06:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Grant Aleksander from GL and AMC gets my vote if they recast.

Comment by m80 – August 14, 2012 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • just no, no recast, and this from someone who doesn’t watch B&B and is not a fan of RM at all.

Comment by Lynn – August 14, 2012 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree. I Don’t watch B&B and I think Ronn Moss is horrendous, but you cannot expect fans to accept a recast when the guy played Ridge for 25 years. That’s just ludicrous.

Comment by Rebecca – August 14, 2012 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Thank you!

Comment by lipsticksocialism – August 15, 2012 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That would be wonderful! I would watch.

Comment by Theresa – August 15, 2012 07:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Grant is exactly who I was thinking would be perfect. :-) It needs to be someone CBS fans recognize & love. Even Michael Park from ATWT would be great. I may get interested again with one of the two. Susan Flannery leaving is even worse for me, I really wish they would recast her, (only to keep Stephanie alive) letting her die is too much, it just won`t ever be the same.

Comment by Tara – October 22, 2012 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Modern Family has the most brilliant casting. nuff said.

Comment by cjeffery7 – August 14, 2012 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How about Peter Reckel?

Comment by Lisa Johnson (@Lisa_JDC) – August 14, 2012 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, go ahead and recast Ridge, Mr Bell Jr. You’ve done everything you could to destroy your father’s once entertaining show. It’s time for a cancellation.

Comment by aefw2 – August 14, 2012 12:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Michael Knight all the way. I miss him!!

Comment by LH – August 14, 2012 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As an ex-AMC fan – Michael Knight is greatly missed! Please recast with him. There is no better actor for daytime or any time.

Comment by Karen Breach – August 18, 2012 08:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Michael Lowry was my immediate choice, even before he was mentioned in the article.

Comment by Jon – August 14, 2012 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s ridicoulous recast Ridge’s charachter after 25 years. I think Moss can’t act at all, but he is Ridge. A recast will be a deadful shot to the show

Comment by Hugo – August 14, 2012 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • People still watch soaps? Guess hes going to get plastic surgery and some botox or a face transplant to make him look younger. Thats where the demos are anyway. Probably pick up another fave soap actor, especially with so many are out of a job these days with the cancellations of AMC, OLTL, GL, ASWT.

Comment by Steve – August 14, 2012 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the most disturbing part of this article is “Ridge Forrester” being 60.

what the hell happened to my life?!

Comment by Dave – August 14, 2012 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know! Then it occurred to me it has been 20 years since I first watched (back with Sally, Saul, Darla, good times)…guh. I feel so old.

Comment by Mcgoria – August 14, 2012 06:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Another vote here for Grant Aleksander, much better Actor than Ronn Moss.

Comment by mike – August 14, 2012 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Recast with Robert Pattison

Comment by ejknight – August 14, 2012 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hilary Duff is just a cute actress and a nice face to have on TV. Hope its a good show

Comment by S – August 14, 2012 06:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Recast is just a hope that RM will return – similar to what happened with Eric Braeden and Melody Thomas Scott on Y&R. Honestly, the show could do without Ridge. KKL can hold her own just fine.

Comment by DenverDean – August 14, 2012 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NO OTHER ACTOR CAN PLAY RIDGE. There is only one actor wh was/is and ALWAYS will be Ridge and thats Ronn Moss. Bell has no respect for Ronn, for all he done to this show. I AM SAD AND VERY VERY DISSAPOINTED

Comment by katherine – August 14, 2012 11:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Elmer Fudd could do just as well as Ron Moss did as Ridge. I agree with others, wondering where my life went with him as 60 years old! I used to like B&B, then it became stupid like it’s sister show and I could not take it anymore. Gave up on Y&R after 30 years.

Comment by Ethel – August 15, 2012 04:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve got the perfecct actor to recast as Ridge . Tuc Wadkins ex David Vickers OLTL . He would make Ridge more fun and he has the looks. I would love to see that. It would be a chg but doesn’t B&B need some fresh new life. Maybe Rudge could have a personality change too . Something tragic happens to him & he has plastic surgery & becomes more fun

Comment by Angie – August 15, 2012 08:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would start watching every day again for Tuc Watkins! Another idea would be Jon Loprieno (Cord, OLTL). He, like Watkins, brings a daytime fan base that B&B needs.

Comment by zakspeak – August 15, 2012 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Michael Lowry all the way!!!

Comment by Carmen – August 15, 2012 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Didn’t Lane Davies (Mason on Santa Barbara) played Ridge for a short while as a temporary replacement? Would he be good in the role? I loved him as Mason. Davies is so under rated. A good actor.

Comment by Buddy Glenn – August 15, 2012 09:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • J. Eddie Peck!! Same coloring, sexy as all get out. Let’s get him back on daytime! He’s been gone way too long.

Comment by Janie – August 21, 2012 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No, not Michael Lowry. He’s awful! J. Eddie Peck! He rocks! He’s so gorgeous! He needs to get on a soap. He’s talented and hot. They don’t make the leading men like him anymore!
      Love this man!

Comment by Pam – August 21, 2012 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think J. Eddie Peck would be a great replacement. He’d be a great leading man, we’ve missed him for a long time and he’d be a great addition to the show!!

Comment by Carol – August 21, 2012 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • J. Eddie Peck would be a great replacement for the leading man on B&B, we miss J. Eddie Peck, and he will be a great addition to the show and lots of
      fans just love Eddie he is wonderful and fans have love him very much please
      give Eddie the part, Eddie is so very talented and i know that you will be very happy with him. they do not make leading men like Eddie Peck any more.
      Eddie has the same coloring, sexy, please take him back on daytime you will not be sorry.

Comment by Mary Licausi – August 22, 2012 04:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why not give Eddie Peck a good, long, look? Ur familiar with him from his run on Y and R, he was half of a very popular couple. He is younger, a terrific actor and extremely good looking. Throw him into the mix of the B and B beauties and sit back and watch the cats scratching. He has a great record of knowing his lines, dependability and popular with the actors, its a win all the way! And does the man have a fan base, yeah!!!!!

Comment by eileen hargis – August 21, 2012 06:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love to see J. Eddie Peck regularly on my TV screen again! This would be such a great fit as he is very talented and also very handsome!

Comment by Sylvia – August 22, 2012 01:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d vote for J. Eddie Peck!!! He’s tall, dark and handsome, has respect from fellow actors, and as a fan of soaps J. Eddie first caught my eye back in the day on DOOL’s, then I’ve followed him to Y&R & AMC. We fans accepted Drake Hogestyn when he replaced Wayne Northrup as the popular “Roman” on DOOL’s years ago so even though I’d hate to see Ronn leave, I for one would tune in to see J. Eddie play “Ridge”!!

Comment by Judy – August 22, 2012 04:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sorry, but Jeddie is a much better and more real actor then Ron. I just saw Jeddie in Dallas
    re-runs a few weeks ago. He was amazing and so evil. But what I love is that he is so natural and can play anything. BTW, saw him not so long ago at a fan fair and he looks amazing! :)))

Comment by sunni – August 22, 2012 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, J.Eddie Peck would be a great choice. I followed him from DOOL, Y&R and AMC and I’d sure follow him to B&B. I’d love to see him back on daytime again.

Comment by cari – August 22, 2012 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I also thing Soap Vet J. Eddie Peck would be a GREAT choice. I have watched his work since he was on Days of our Lives and think he is very talented, not to mention VERY good looking.

Comment by KSAN – August 23, 2012 06:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • J. Eddie Peck is a great choice. He had similar looks but is younger.

Comment by LindaB – August 27, 2012 09:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How about Robert Newman who used to be Josh Lewis on GL…..Brooke could be his new Reva. LOL.

Comment by Doug Ro – September 6, 2012 09:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How about Michael Park from As the World Turns.

Comment by Henb43 – September 15, 2012 07:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish that Brooke and Nick could be together. I hate tha Nick was written out and after going back and forth with Ridge, I loved Brooke with Nick and he had such a great relationship with Hope. But if going to recast I vote for J Eddie or Michael E Knight.

Comment by Renee – September 20, 2012 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • William DeVry (Michael Cambias, AMC) or outside the box casting, but a superb actor, Thorsten Kaye!!

Comment by Kate Johnson – October 7, 2012 12:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where have I been????????? After watching the show recently, the storyline didn’t make sense to me that Brooke would return from her honeymoon without Ridge. And the storyline of the reason why was so far-fetched and stupid to me. That prompted me to go online to see what was really going on with Ron Moss. And to my shocking surprise, I find out he’s left the show!!!! OMG!!! I’m devasted!!! I don’t know if I can continue watching the show. And recasting Ridge is definately a no-no…
    That’s just like saying that Victor Newman(Eric B) is leaving Y&R. He is Young and the Restless, and I feel that Ridge (Ron Moss) was B&B.

Comment by Cynthia – October 8, 2012 10:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I csnnot imagine anybody I know accepting re-casting the role of Ridge . I would NOT.

Best Wishes to Ronn Moss,
    with great options from which to choose something wonderful & satisfying for you future endeavours.
    Cheers !!!
    - KathyK in Toronto

Comment by JathyK-in-Toronto – October 8, 2012 11:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Ted King as a replacement he is young and good looking, but would he be to young?

Comment by AuDrEy FrOg (@vaarmcc) – October 18, 2012 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yes he is way too young for Brooke Logan….forget it, we need Ron Moss back even if it takes 3 mos for him tobe ready to return. He needs to earn a living and eat well right?:)

Comment by paulegomez – November 14, 2012 01:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • there is no replacement, allow Moss time to heal or find himself, then bring him back, there is no other replacment out there that would even be a match. He is the best.

Comment by paul gomez – November 14, 2012 01:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate to see Ronn Moss replaced but if they have to than I would go with J. Eddie Peck or
    Grant Aleksander from Guiding Light ( by the way has the same sort of facial structure )….

Comment by Anne – November 29, 2012 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I previously commented that J. Eddie Peck might be a good choice, but I took another
    look at him and decided that he would NOT ! To much of a baby face….
    I really think the only and best choice would be GRANT ALEKSANDER who played
    Phillip on Guiding Light .. He is a wonderful actor and very handsome and would most
    resemble and be the most believable as Ridge ! I would love to see him in the role !
    He would do the best job. But REALLY Ronn Moss IS Ridge ! They are probably
    all leaving because there is too much air time given to the “kids”….
    Also love Don Diamont/Bill/ex Brad from Y&R… He is a sexy and handsome hot guy !
    He should have more of a part… Although lately he is getting some good airtime…..
    Get Grant Aleksander for The part of Ridge !!!!

Comment by Ann – November 30, 2012 05:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love to have Ron Moss back.. and yes with Taylor not Eric … Let Pam have Eric ..Brook can do without…Also I Wish BB had brought someone new for Stephie,I’m tried of Liam.. he’s hen pecked..

Comment by soap fan – March 8, 2013 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THE ANSWER IS SIMPLE AND OBVIOUS. LATIN ACTOR MARIO CHIMARRO CAN HANDLE THE LOAD. TAKE A GANDER AND SEE IF YOU DONT AGREE.

Comment by JAMES – July 13, 2013 07:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post