TVLine Items: B&B's Ridge Recast Plan, Hilary Duff Plots TV Return, Lost Vet Gets Hot and More

Will The Bold and the Beautiful‘s Ridge Forrester be — gasp! — recast?

According to the CBS soap’s showrunner Bradley Bell, it’s a very real possibility.

Unlike a vast majority of shocking daytime TV exits, “Ridge will not be dead or presumed dead” following his Sept. 14 swan song, Bell tells TV Guide Magazine. Rather, “He will just not be in the picture” following his and Brooke’s honeymoon, which means that “at some point it will be necessary for Ridge to return to the show” — very likely in the form of a different actor.

“I do have people in mind in terms of a recast,” says Bell, who hints he may go younger than Moss, now 60. “Some very interesting people.”

Readers, who would you cast as Ridge? Ted King? Michael E. Knight? Michael Lowry? The Hoff? Hit comments!

RELATED | Ronn Moss Addresses Shocking Bold and the Beautiful Exit: ‘All Good Things End Eventually’

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• Lizzie McGuire is eying a return to TV. Deadline reports that Hilary Duff has signed a talent/development deal with 20th Century Fox TV to develop, star in and produce a half-hour comedy. The onetime Disney starlet has laid low in recent years, guest-starring on both Community and Gossip Girl.

•Bridesmaids standout Wendi McLendon-Covey and Saturday Night Live alumna Michaela Watkins will play a lesbian couple in Modern Family‘s upcoming Season 4 (premiering Sept. 26), EW.com reports. Seems little Lily is still up to no good in the new year when she gets in a fight with the ladies’ son on the first day of kindergarten.

RELATED | Modern Family Season 4: Baby ‘Fallout,’ Claire’s Jealousy, Cam’s New [Spoiler] and More!

• TV’s go-to guy Alan Dale (Lost, Once Upon a Time, The Killing, etc.) has booked a multi-ep arc on Hot in Cleveland. Per TV Guide Magazine, he’ll play an Oscar-winning actor who falls for Wendie Malick’s Victoria when they are both cast in a Woody Allen film.

• NBC has given a script order to a Beverly Hills-based legal drama from Entourage producers Mark Wahlberg and Stephen Levinson, per The Hollywood Reporter.

• Press PLAY below for a new preview of BBC America’s first original scripted drama Copper, premiering this Sunday at 10 pm.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Daytime TV, Pilots

1. Lynn says:

They’ll be shooting themself in the foot if they recast Ridge. I would just have Ridge presumed dead. fans won’t accept a recast

• lipsticksocialism says:

EXACTLY. Boo for the recast!

• sunni says:

longtime soap vet J. Eddie Peck (Y&R, AMC, & Days) would be the
      ultimate choice. I saw him MC a charity event a year ago and he’s
      still just as gorgeous.
      A good replacement for RM: same coloring, handsome, and younger,
      which is evidently were B&B wants to go.

• Pam says:

I agree! He would be a good choice. He has the looks, talent, experience. Would love to see this happen. Love this guy!

• AnneMarie D. says:

I totally agree! J. Eddie Peck would be my choice too. I always thought he and Ronn Moss resembled each other. Actually, I met Ronn a few years back and I told him he reminded me of J. Eddie Peck, who I’ve met a few times — tall, dark hair, gorgeous and some of the same mannerisms. Ronn responded that others had told him that as well. I think J. Eddie Peck would also have great chemistry with Kathryn Kelly Lang and would make a great Forrester!

• Janie says:

Absolutely! I’ve missed seeing J. Eddie on my TV. Hopefully TPTB are reading these posts. I’ve already sent an email to B&B.

• mapope says:

I totally agree. We need to see J Eddie Peck back on our TV screens. It’s been too long and it’s a waste not to use his talents on B&B. They could use an exciting addition to their cast. He has the charisma that is perfect for this genre!!

• Clarence says:

J. Eddie Peck was a popular fan favorite on Y&R and would be a perfect recast as Ridge on B&B.

• AnneMarie D. says:

Here’s another idea — even if B&B doesn’t recast “Ridge”– why not bring J. Eddie Peck to the show to stir up trouble between Katie and Bill? Wouldn’t it be great to have J. Eddie Peck and Heather Tom working together again?

• Tara says:

I love ATWT ex-Brad but unless he`s really aged I can`t see him a Thomas & Steffy`s dad…he just looks too young.

• frank turchioe says:

wow. could only think of one actor who could feel these big shoes … all my children vet J. Eddie Peck — pleasegive these serious condideration. he has a loyal soap opera following !!!!!!!

• Monica says:

Recast!!! Could be an interesting change!

2. TV Gord says:

Can they find another actor who’s that bad?

• Templar says:

Can they find an actor who doesn’t look like someone drew him? He’s very John Derek.

• CJ says:

My thoughts exactly–it amazes me that someone can do that many years on a soap in a major role and still be such a terrible actor (although Katherine Kelly Lang gives him a run for his money). I do love “This Time I’m in it for Love,” “Prisoner of Your Love” and “If Looks Could Kill” though.

• Beau says:

Robert Kelker Kelly. He would be just as bad as when he replaced Peter Reckell as Bo on Days of Our Lives.

3. m80 says:

Grant Aleksander from GL and AMC gets my vote if they recast.

• Lynn says:

just no, no recast, and this from someone who doesn’t watch B&B and is not a fan of RM at all.

• Theresa says:

That would be wonderful! I would watch.

• Tara says:

Grant is exactly who I was thinking would be perfect. :-) It needs to be someone CBS fans recognize & love. Even Michael Park from ATWT would be great. I may get interested again with one of the two. Susan Flannery leaving is even worse for me, I really wish they would recast her, (only to keep Stephanie alive) letting her die is too much, it just won`t ever be the same.

4. cjeffery7 says:

Modern Family has the most brilliant casting. nuff said.

5. aefw2 says:

Yes, go ahead and recast Ridge, Mr Bell Jr. You’ve done everything you could to destroy your father’s once entertaining show. It’s time for a cancellation.

6. LH says:

Michael Knight all the way. I miss him!!

7. Jon says:

Michael Lowry was my immediate choice, even before he was mentioned in the article.

8. Hugo says:

It’s ridicoulous recast Ridge’s charachter after 25 years. I think Moss can’t act at all, but he is Ridge. A recast will be a deadful shot to the show

9. Steve says:

People still watch soaps? Guess hes going to get plastic surgery and some botox or a face transplant to make him look younger. Thats where the demos are anyway. Probably pick up another fave soap actor, especially with so many are out of a job these days with the cancellations of AMC, OLTL, GL, ASWT.

10. Dave says:

the most disturbing part of this article is “Ridge Forrester” being 60.

what the hell happened to my life?!

• Mcgoria says:

I know! Then it occurred to me it has been 20 years since I first watched (back with Sally, Saul, Darla, good times)…guh. I feel so old.

11. mike says:

Another vote here for Grant Aleksander, much better Actor than Ronn Moss.

12. ejknight says:

Recast with Robert Pattison

13. S says:

Hilary Duff is just a cute actress and a nice face to have on TV. Hope its a good show

14. DenverDean says:

Recast is just a hope that RM will return – similar to what happened with Eric Braeden and Melody Thomas Scott on Y&R. Honestly, the show could do without Ridge. KKL can hold her own just fine.

15. katherine says:

NO OTHER ACTOR CAN PLAY RIDGE. There is only one actor wh was/is and ALWAYS will be Ridge and thats Ronn Moss. Bell has no respect for Ronn, for all he done to this show. I AM SAD AND VERY VERY DISSAPOINTED

16. Ethel says:

I think Elmer Fudd could do just as well as Ron Moss did as Ridge. I agree with others, wondering where my life went with him as 60 years old! I used to like B&B, then it became stupid like it’s sister show and I could not take it anymore. Gave up on Y&R after 30 years.

17. Angie says:

I’ve got the perfecct actor to recast as Ridge . Tuc Wadkins ex David Vickers OLTL . He would make Ridge more fun and he has the looks. I would love to see that. It would be a chg but doesn’t B&B need some fresh new life. Maybe Rudge could have a personality change too . Something tragic happens to him & he has plastic surgery & becomes more fun

18. zakspeak says:

I would start watching every day again for Tuc Watkins! Another idea would be Jon Loprieno (Cord, OLTL). He, like Watkins, brings a daytime fan base that B&B needs.

19. Carmen says:

Michael Lowry all the way!!!

20. Buddy Glenn says:

Didn’t Lane Davies (Mason on Santa Barbara) played Ridge for a short while as a temporary replacement? Would he be good in the role? I loved him as Mason. Davies is so under rated. A good actor.

21. Janie says:

J. Eddie Peck!! Same coloring, sexy as all get out. Let’s get him back on daytime! He’s been gone way too long.

• Pam says:

No, not Michael Lowry. He’s awful! J. Eddie Peck! He rocks! He’s so gorgeous! He needs to get on a soap. He’s talented and hot. They don’t make the leading men like him anymore!
      Love this man!

22. Carol says:

I think J. Eddie Peck would be a great replacement. He’d be a great leading man, we’ve missed him for a long time and he’d be a great addition to the show!!

• Mary Licausi says:

J. Eddie Peck would be a great replacement for the leading man on B&B, we miss J. Eddie Peck, and he will be a great addition to the show and lots of
      fans just love Eddie he is wonderful and fans have love him very much please
      give Eddie the part, Eddie is so very talented and i know that you will be very happy with him. they do not make leading men like Eddie Peck any more.
      Eddie has the same coloring, sexy, please take him back on daytime you will not be sorry.

23. eileen hargis says:

Why not give Eddie Peck a good, long, look? Ur familiar with him from his run on Y and R, he was half of a very popular couple. He is younger, a terrific actor and extremely good looking. Throw him into the mix of the B and B beauties and sit back and watch the cats scratching. He has a great record of knowing his lines, dependability and popular with the actors, its a win all the way! And does the man have a fan base, yeah!!!!!

24. Sylvia says:

I would love to see J. Eddie Peck regularly on my TV screen again! This would be such a great fit as he is very talented and also very handsome!

25. Judy says:

I’d vote for J. Eddie Peck!!! He’s tall, dark and handsome, has respect from fellow actors, and as a fan of soaps J. Eddie first caught my eye back in the day on DOOL’s, then I’ve followed him to Y&R & AMC. We fans accepted Drake Hogestyn when he replaced Wayne Northrup as the popular “Roman” on DOOL’s years ago so even though I’d hate to see Ronn leave, I for one would tune in to see J. Eddie play “Ridge”!!

26. sunni says:

Sorry, but Jeddie is a much better and more real actor then Ron. I just saw Jeddie in Dallas
    re-runs a few weeks ago. He was amazing and so evil. But what I love is that he is so natural and can play anything. BTW, saw him not so long ago at a fan fair and he looks amazing! :)))

• cari says:

I agree, J.Eddie Peck would be a great choice. I followed him from DOOL, Y&R and AMC and I’d sure follow him to B&B. I’d love to see him back on daytime again.

27. KSAN says:

I also thing Soap Vet J. Eddie Peck would be a GREAT choice. I have watched his work since he was on Days of our Lives and think he is very talented, not to mention VERY good looking.

28. LindaB says:

J. Eddie Peck is a great choice. He had similar looks but is younger.

29. Doug Ro says:

How about Robert Newman who used to be Josh Lewis on GL…..Brooke could be his new Reva. LOL.

30. Henb43 says:

How about Michael Park from As the World Turns.

31. Renee says:

I wish that Brooke and Nick could be together. I hate tha Nick was written out and after going back and forth with Ridge, I loved Brooke with Nick and he had such a great relationship with Hope. But if going to recast I vote for J Eddie or Michael E Knight.

32. Kate Johnson says:

William DeVry (Michael Cambias, AMC) or outside the box casting, but a superb actor, Thorsten Kaye!!

33. Cynthia says:

Where have I been????????? After watching the show recently, the storyline didn’t make sense to me that Brooke would return from her honeymoon without Ridge. And the storyline of the reason why was so far-fetched and stupid to me. That prompted me to go online to see what was really going on with Ron Moss. And to my shocking surprise, I find out he’s left the show!!!! OMG!!! I’m devasted!!! I don’t know if I can continue watching the show. And recasting Ridge is definately a no-no…
    That’s just like saying that Victor Newman(Eric B) is leaving Y&R. He is Young and the Restless, and I feel that Ridge (Ron Moss) was B&B.

34. JathyK-in-Toronto says:

I csnnot imagine anybody I know accepting re-casting the role of Ridge . I would NOT.

Best Wishes to Ronn Moss,
    with great options from which to choose something wonderful & satisfying for you future endeavours.
    Cheers !!!
    – KathyK in Toronto

35. I like Ted King as a replacement he is young and good looking, but would he be to young?

• paulegomez says:

yes he is way too young for Brooke Logan….forget it, we need Ron Moss back even if it takes 3 mos for him tobe ready to return. He needs to earn a living and eat well right?:)

36. paul gomez says:

there is no replacement, allow Moss time to heal or find himself, then bring him back, there is no other replacment out there that would even be a match. He is the best.

37. Anne says:

I hate to see Ronn Moss replaced but if they have to than I would go with J. Eddie Peck or
    Grant Aleksander from Guiding Light ( by the way has the same sort of facial structure )….

38. Ann says:

I previously commented that J. Eddie Peck might be a good choice, but I took another
    look at him and decided that he would NOT ! To much of a baby face….
    I really think the only and best choice would be GRANT ALEKSANDER who played
    Phillip on Guiding Light .. He is a wonderful actor and very handsome and would most
    resemble and be the most believable as Ridge ! I would love to see him in the role !
    He would do the best job. But REALLY Ronn Moss IS Ridge ! They are probably
    all leaving because there is too much air time given to the “kids”….
    Also love Don Diamont/Bill/ex Brad from Y&R… He is a sexy and handsome hot guy !
    He should have more of a part… Although lately he is getting some good airtime…..
    Get Grant Aleksander for The part of Ridge !!!!

39. soap fan says:

I would love to have Ron Moss back.. and yes with Taylor not Eric … Let Pam have Eric ..Brook can do without…Also I Wish BB had brought someone new for Stephie,I’m tried of Liam.. he’s hen pecked..

40. JAMES says:

THE ANSWER IS SIMPLE AND OBVIOUS. LATIN ACTOR MARIO CHIMARRO CAN HANDLE THE LOAD. TAKE A GANDER AND SEE IF YOU DONT AGREE.